PDA

View Full Version : future starting spurs C ryan richards currently playing on espn 2

playblair
07-21-2016, 08:49 PM
tune in to see the next spur stash pick brought over in 2017..................

spurraider21
07-21-2016, 08:51 PM
he certainly had NBA talent. he's just a dipshit

Emperor
07-21-2016, 08:52 PM
LOL you should have been saying that years ago but it's a hopeless dream now.

spurraider21
07-21-2016, 08:53 PM
:lol playblair
:lol cojo, hanga, blair

Chinook
07-21-2016, 09:01 PM
Shit makes Summer League look competitive. And Richards can't even stand out here. So damned lazy.

playblair
07-21-2016, 09:05 PM
former spurs pg kabongo shows his speed with the steal & bucket ..............

GSH
07-21-2016, 09:10 PM
He's been tested in the fires of the Bahraini League, and worked his way to the middle. What more could we want?

Emperor
07-21-2016, 09:12 PM
:lol playblair
:lol cojo, hanga, blair

You forgot playnando

Twisted_Dawg
07-21-2016, 09:15 PM
Yet another one of our draft-n-trash. Geez, I hope R.C. and Pop are finally done with this.

playblair
07-21-2016, 09:21 PM
ryan richards has range............nails the 3...................

tonight...you
07-21-2016, 09:25 PM
He's been tested in the fires of the Bahraini League, and worked his way to the middle. What more could we want?
#Crucible

playblair
07-21-2016, 09:26 PM
richards nails back to back 3s.................time to bring him over.............bertans/richards shooting is needed

playblair
07-21-2016, 09:28 PM
richards with the high iq spurs like extra pass leads to a kabongo 3

Emperor
07-21-2016, 09:28 PM

Let's not forget the Iranian League. He is PROVEN.

tonight...you
07-21-2016, 09:29 PM
Good to see playblair reinvigorated...

Seventyniner
07-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Poor man's Austin Daye.

tonight...you
07-21-2016, 09:32 PM
Poor man's Austin Daye.
And that's a rich man's evaluation for him.

TrainOfThought5
07-21-2016, 09:56 PM
Poor man's Austin Daye.

Thats pretty fuckin poor to start with.

K...
07-21-2016, 10:04 PM
needs to get with jimmer on the all could have been team

Chinook
07-22-2016, 06:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-LdmYv7D7g

Things that stuck out to me:

He's extremely selfish, but he also seems to be a gifted passer for a guy who's reportedly 7-1. He makes one of the best skip-passes I've ever seen at the 6:34 mark of the vid. Wish there would have been more footage of him assisting.

On the negative side, he doesn't seem to have very good athleticism. This was a 10-minute highlight reel of a seven-footer against poor competition, and I think he dunked very than five times. And all of them were dunks where his wrist barely got above the rim. That's disappointing, but then again, he probably would have been a lottery-bust had he had those hops rather than a second-round wash-out.

He's a confident shooter, but highlights always make a guy look like money. Dude hit 27 percent of his threes last season. Gross. His stroke seemed like it had potential to be NBA-caliber last time he was stateside, but it doesn't seem like he's refined that part of his game any more than he has the other aspects of his career.

Dude doesn't seem to box out well at all.

Seventyniner
07-22-2016, 08:26 AM
He's extremely selfish, but he also seems to be a gifted passer for a guy who's reportedly 7-1. He makes one of the best skip-passes I've ever seen at the 6:34 mark of the vid. Wish there would have been more footage of him assisting.

A player can be selfish and rack up assists. See Rajon Rondo. Those kind of guys can get assists but will almost never get hockey assists.

Chucho
07-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Seriously...let's stop this.

tholdren
07-22-2016, 01:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-LdmYv7D7g

Things that stuck out to me:

On the negative side, he doesn't seem to have very good athleticism. This was a 10-minute highlight reel of a seven-footer against poor competition, and I think he dunked very than five times. And all of them were dunks where his wrist barely got above the rim. That's disappointing, but then again, he probably would have been a lottery-bust had he had those hops rather than a second-round wash-out.

He's a confident shooter, but highlights always make a guy look like money. Dude hit 27 percent of his threes last season. Gross. His stroke seemed like it had potential to be NBA-caliber last time he was stateside, but it doesn't seem like he's refined that part of his game any more than he has the other aspects of his career.

Dude doesn't seem to box out well at all.

Not in the weight room = not liking contact = not a center. He shouldn't be out trying to hit threes. He tries to out quick the defender all the time while avoiding contact. Spurs already have a Lamarsha.

Spur|n|Austin
07-22-2016, 01:56 PM
:lol

T Park
07-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Yet another one of our draft-n-trash. Geez, I hope R.C. and Pop are finally done with this.

done with draft and stashes in the second round? Why would you?

SpurPadre
07-22-2016, 02:43 PM
Nothing ever wrong with draft and stashes in round 2. Unfortunately, this guy just didn't pan out as an NBA-worthy.

Chinook
07-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Nothing ever wrong with draft and stashes in round 2. Unfortunately, this guy just didn't pan out as an NBA-worthy.

Yeah, 50 and lower are obvious cases for this. There are very few Thomases in the draft, but there are a decent number of foreign guys who end up being real players after a few years and whose rights are own by random teams. Look at Tomic for an example of a guy who'd be on an NBA roster right now had he not been drafted by Denver almost a decade ago.

SpurPadre
07-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Yeah, 50 and lower are obvious cases for this. There are very few Thomases in the draft, but there are a decent number of foreign guys who end up being real players after a few years and whose rights are own by random teams. Look at Tomic for an example of a guy who'd be on an NBA roster right now had he not been drafted by Denver almost a decade ago.

Richards isn't in Tomic's level, though, as I'm sure you'd agree.

Chinook
07-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Richards isn't in Tomic's level, though, as I'm sure you'd agree.

What I'm saying is that I'd rather buy a lottery ticket on guys like Richards and Dangubic hoping they become Tomices or Bjelicas rather than getting Denmons or DeShaun Thomases.

SpurPadre
07-22-2016, 03:08 PM

What I'm saying is that I'd rather buy a lottery ticket on guys like Richards and Dangubic hoping they become Tomices or Bjelicas rather than getting Denmons or DeShaun Thomases.

Oh yeah, same here.

look_at_g_shred
07-22-2016, 03:11 PM
OP with the bads per par

playblair
07-22-2016, 03:25 PM
OP with the bads per par

did u peep the game bruh.............richards is an elite big man 3 pt shooter..............fyi richards plays tomorrow on espn 2............tune in to see the future

tholdren
07-22-2016, 06:55 PM
did u peep the game bruh.............richards is an elite big man 3 pt shooter..............fyi richards plays tomorrow on espn 2............tune in to see the future

Just helping you out.

playblair
07-23-2016, 01:00 PM
fyi richards is currently on espn u

poeticism707
07-23-2016, 02:15 PM
Poor man's Austin Daye.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

MaNu4Tres
07-23-2016, 03:45 PM
Lovely thread.

Can someone close it now?

playblair
07-30-2016, 07:24 PM
richards starting line up semi finals game currently on espn

Chinook
07-30-2016, 08:18 PM
Btb, James Gist is on the opposing team.

playblair
07-30-2016, 08:23 PM
richards reaches finals...........final chance to watch him play is tuesday.............spurs fans this is a rare chance to watch a stash pick play on national tv dont miss out he will be brought over soon................

tholdren
07-30-2016, 08:35 PM
Sad thing is, half ST could play in this tournament. Good for Richards.

Seventyniner
07-30-2016, 09:23 PM
Btb, James Gist is on the opposing team.

Who else would we need on the All-"Might-Have-Been" Spurs team? I'm only going to count players who never actually appeared in a regular season or playoff game for the Spurs.

Scola would be the team captain. Most of the rest would be stashees that never made it over: Javtokas, Spanoulis, Printezis. Add in Bourousis, why not. I must be missing some obvious ones.

James White!!!! actually played a few games in 2006-7, or else he'd be on the list.

playblair
08-02-2016, 10:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Co5cWLQWAAA1KnS.jpg:large

tonight...you
08-02-2016, 10:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Co5cWLQWAAA1KnS.jpg:large
I think I spy bluebellmaniac watching in the front row, off left.

playblair
09-09-2016, 02:19 PM
his play in the tournament got him signed...................if u listened to playblair (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=34893) advice & watched him in the tournament the signing isnt surprising..............

Chinook
09-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Lol, I think I might've been the only (other?) person posting in this thread who actually watched that tourney. He had one good half and the just sort of sucked the life out of his team after that. Dude can go on a run where he can score easily, but then he will shoot his team out of the game and loaf around on the other end. He's like a distilled version of Murray's weaknesses.

I think there's talent there, but this is WAY too late. Should've been on the roster six years ago. Think he would be at least a Tolliver-like journeyman if he wasn't such a putz.

SAGirl
09-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Lol, I think I might've been the only (other?) person posting in this thread who actually watched that tourney. He had one good half and the just sort of sucked the life out of his team after that. Dude can go on a run where he can score easily, but then he will shoot his team out of the game and loaf around on the other end. He's like a distilled version of Murray's weaknesses.

I think there's talent there, but this is WAY too late. Should've been on the roster six years ago. Think he would be at least a Tolliver-like journeyman if he wasn't such a putz.
Thanks for the review. I didn't have the least bit of interest on him. I do think 25 starts to be too old to take bad habits out from someone. (There's hope for Murray yet who is way younger and will have to earn playing time the hard way).

I am wary of bigs specially, things like boxing out and rotations, fundamentals of that nature are learned early. Requires a coach getting on someone's arse every time they do something incorrectly until they get it.

dbestpro
09-09-2016, 10:27 PM
If he could learn to play a little dirty, he could be Rasheed Wallace lite.