PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili on Sunday

Spurzilla
10-04-2005, 04:02 PM
I think this is the very first time I've posted a new thread. Wow. I think I scared myself for a moment. But now I'm over it.

In today's Express-News, columnist Jeanne Jakle writes that Ginobili will be featured on "NBA Inside Stuff" this Sunday at 12noon. The feature will focus on Ginobili's involvement with the Basketball witout Borders program this past summer in Argentina.

Ginobili on ABC this Sunday... then Spurs/Miami on TNT Monday night!

angel_luv
10-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know!

Great first thread! = )

cheguevara
10-04-2005, 04:13 PM
then Spurs/Miami on TNT Monday night!

is this for sure?? cool!

ALVAREZ6
10-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the info!!!

I'll deffinatly watch.

Summers
10-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up about Manu on Inside Stuff!

I'm still really confused about who's showing the game Monday night (if it's being shown). It's been posted that FSN would be showing it, but I can't find any confirmation on either the TNT site or the FSN site (they list a poker tournament on their schedule; and the TNT schedule only goes through Sunday).

Spurzilla
10-04-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm still really confused about who's showing the game Monday night (if it's being shown). It's been posted that FSN would be showing it, but I can't find any confirmation on either the TNT site or the FSN site (they list a poker tournament on their schedule; and the TNT schedule only goes through Sunday).

Ok, I checked the Heat website and they have an article that says it will be on FSN Southwest. Here's the story:

Spurs-HEAT Katrina Relief Game to air Live, Commercial-Free on Sun Sports
http://aol.nba.com/heat/community/suns_sports_Relief_game_051003.html

MIAMI, October 3 - Sun Sports is joining forces with the Miami HEAT in support of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts by providing live commercial-free television coverage of the upcoming Hurricane Katrina Relief Game, a special exhibition game featuring the HEAT hosting the NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs. The game will air live on Sun Sports throughout South Florida on Monday, October 10, at 7:30pm (ET). The game will also air live on FSN Southwest, the regional TV home of the Spurs. For those fans who cannot attend the game and take part in the relief efforts in person, all network commercial time during the live telecast will be replaced with special on-screen messages offering details on how viewers can give.

This very special event is being presented by the two teams, the NBA and the National Basketball Players Association. As host team, the HEAT will donate all proceeds from the event to the efforts to aid the victims of Katrina. All revenue from tickets sales, concessions, parking and retail sales will be contributed.

Viewers at home will be able to experience all the special events taking place that night as Sun Sports' cameras capture not only the game action, but also the spirit of giving, talking with special guests in the stands. Sun Sports' HEAT play-by-play announcer Eric Reid and analyst Tony Fiorentino will call the game. Sun Sports' Jason Jackson will provide special reports on the relief efforts and conduct interviews throughout the telecast.

"This night is not just about basketball," said Cathy Weeden, vice president and general manager of Sun Sports. "This is a very special opportunity for fans to come together with their hometown teams -- players, coaches, front office personnel and all members of the HEAT, Spurs and NBA families -- to make a difference in the lives of those so devastated by Hurricane Katrina. We salute all those involved in this effort and are pleased to be able to do our part in making this event a success."

Summers
10-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Yep, I think that's the article I saw earlier, so here's hoping it's correct. I guess they just haven't updated the schedule on their website (or maybe they're only going to show it locally?). Anyway, can't wait for Monday night!!

angel_luv
10-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Anyway, can't wait for Monday night!!

I bet! :fro

;)

MaNuMaNiAc
10-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Any Argentinian know if they're going to show it over here?

spurs=bling
10-04-2005, 10:23 PM
thank you.

i just wrote it down.

LilMissSPURfect
10-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the info....
:fro

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
10-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Any Argentinian know if they're going to show it over here?

You already know the answer... :depressed

Ishta
10-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Thank God...I have been going through basketball withdrawl for 3 months now...Can't wait until Monday when we clobber the heat :elephant

MaNuMaNiAc
10-05-2005, 11:55 AM
You already know the answer... :depressed
just checking... its no, right? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

ObiwanGinobili
10-09-2005, 02:48 PM
dang it!
I was at the park with my kid and in-laws... completely blanked out and missed it!! :(

anyone see it? waht happened? and do you know when it'll re-air?

thanks.

angel_luv
10-09-2005, 02:57 PM
A friend needed a favor. I missed it too. I am sure they will air it again. = )

TOP-CHERRY
10-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Damn. I forgot too.

1Parker1
10-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Hey Alvarez, when do they show Inside Stuff here in Philly? Because I never seem to catch it. I thought it was on Saturdays then I hear they changed it to Sundays.

Anyone else know when it's on in the East Coast?

TMTTRIO
10-09-2005, 04:59 PM
I almost forgot about it but I had it on that channel when it came on. It was pretty cool seeing Manu behind the seens and hanging out with the other guys and Pop on the bus and then showing him doing the camp :). Last season they replayed Inside Stuff, Tuesdays on ESPN at noon. I'm not sure if they're going to do it this season or not.

spurs=bling
10-09-2005, 05:12 PM
i saw it :)

angel_luv
10-09-2005, 05:14 PM
i saw it :)

Did you happen to tape it? = )

Manu20
10-09-2005, 05:24 PM
:pctoss I missed it!

Last season they replayed Inside Stuff, Tuesdays on ESPN at noon. I'm not sure if they're going to do it this season or not.
I checked my tv listings and you are right.

ALVAREZ6
10-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Hey Alvarez, when do they show Inside Stuff here in Philly? Because I never seem to catch it. I thought it was on Saturdays then I hear they changed it to Sundays.

Anyone else know when it's on in the East Coast?
I don't fucking know. ABC had bullshit fucking news on while NBA Inside Stuff was on. I don't know how the fuck they did that.

On NBA.com, it said that today, NBA Inside Stuff would be on at 12:30 on ABC, *all times eastern.

Fuck ABC.

TMTTRIO
10-09-2005, 05:32 PM
I checked and they're replaying it on ESPN on Tuesday at noon for those who live in SA

spurs=bling
10-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Did you happen to tape it? = )
no, i forgot to. :depressed
i knew i forgot to do something when i started to see it. :pctoss

spurschick
10-09-2005, 06:27 PM
It was only a few minutes long, but he's such a cutie. :makeout

I know, I make myself want to barf sometimes too. :lol

angel_luv
10-09-2005, 08:56 PM
It was only a few minutes long, but he's such a cutie. :makeout

I know, I make myself want to barf sometimes too. :lol

I think it is cute. = )

ObiwanGinobili
10-09-2005, 09:07 PM
I checked and they're replaying it on ESPN on Tuesday at noon for those who live in SA

:elephant whoo hoo! I won;t miss out!!
side note - i didi get to see a 8 min. piece about Manu on SiTv today.:smokin
and spurschick is right.. he is a cutie. :lol

angel_luv
10-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Bump = )

Inside stuff is on in four minutes ( Noon) on channel 24. Hopefully it is the same one that aired Sunday.

angel_luv
10-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Awwwwwwww! I saw it!

Gino is so great- especially with the kids. = )