PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Clippers actively looking to find new arena

Thebesteva
07-27-2016, 01:49 PM
Can these fuckers get out of Staples already? I dont care how shitty the Lakers are right now its not their house. Lakers, Kings, and Sparks bringing in championships while the Clippers living rent free as always.

Kevin Arnovitz ‏@kevinarnovitz 6m6 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA
NBA sources say Clippers are actively exploring sites for new arena. One area that interests: Westside. Staples Ctr lase runs thru 2024.

Ball Buster
07-27-2016, 02:42 PM
Cool. Move to Carson, and get the fuck out

whitemamba
07-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Dont understand the hate tbh, I like the fact the clips are decent, those few years the Lakers and Cripples were both not bad, it was really exciting in LA, we almost had a LA playoff series, 7 games in Staples would of been awesome. If they want to leave then good riddance, as a fan , I prefer them to stay.

Bynumite
07-27-2016, 03:17 PM
And take your faggot ass selfies with you.

Caltex2
07-27-2016, 03:25 PM
They should have been in Anaheim 15-20 years ago.

Kawhitstorm
07-27-2016, 03:28 PM

Donald Sterling wasn't going to spend a dime for a new arena.:lol

Clipper Nation
07-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Real talk: Staples is the Kings' house, was built for the Kings originally, and both NBA teams are just tenants.

Anyway, it'd be interesting to see what kind of crazy shit Ballmer would come up with for the fan experience with his own arena.

Caltex2
07-27-2016, 03:42 PM
Donald Sterling wasn't going to spend a dime for a new arena.:lol

That's fine, the new arena (The Arrowhead Pond/Honda Center) was already built for him and the Clips played some games in Anaheim in the late 90's. They should have done so full time.

baseline bum
07-27-2016, 03:51 PM

But they'll leave the statue of the faggot out front at least.

baseline bum
07-27-2016, 03:52 PM

That would be moronic, they'd have a hard time drawing from LA considering how much of a nightmare it is to drive from the city into Anaheim at rush hour.

Ball Buster
07-27-2016, 04:13 PM
That would be moronic, they'd have a hard time drawing from LA considering how much of a nightmare it is to drive from the city into Anaheim at rush hour.
Not really. Most of their fans drive in from Victorville and orange county anyway

baseline bum
07-27-2016, 04:51 PM
Not really. Most of their fans drive in from Victorville and orange county anyway

I don't know man, I used to live in Westwood and coming down either the 405 or the 5 on a weekday was a nightmare when my friends would want to go to Angels games. I didn't care since I made them drive but I wouldn't want to make that drive myself too often.

Ball Buster
07-27-2016, 05:20 PM
I don't know man, I used to live in Westwood and coming down either the 405 or the 5 on a weekday was a nightmare when my friends would want to go to Angels games. I didn't care since I made them drive but I wouldn't want to make that drive myself too often.
Forget about it. All lanes driving out of the city are fucked. That's why Staples is a pretty good venue. It's 2 blocks from the freeway. Might be a little busy on the 110 for a few minutes but once you transfer to the 5 or the 10, you're moving

Killakobe81
07-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Let them dudes go ...

Biggems
07-27-2016, 08:42 PM
Can these fuckers get out of Staples already? I dont care how shitty the Lakers are right now its not their house. Lakers, Kings, and Sparks bringing in championships while the Clippers living rent free as always.

Kevin Arnovitz ‏@kevinarnovitz 6m6 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA
NBA sources say Clippers are actively exploring sites for new arena. One area that interests: Westside. Staples Ctr lase runs thru 2024.

Hey now, squatters gonna squat.......just ask the Giants about that boil on their ass known as the Jets.

Kawhitstorm
07-27-2016, 08:47 PM
Forget about it. All lanes driving out of the city are fucked. That's why Staples is a pretty good venue. It's 2 blocks from the freeway. Might be a little busy on the 110 for a few minutes but once you transfer to the 5 or the 10, you're moving

Westside make sense since they can haul in folks via the new metro rail system which goes from downtown all the way to the beach. NBA fans aren't like besibol fans who tend to be upper middle class white folks that live in the burbs to begin with which is why the Angels still draw a good crowd.:lol

They are better off moving back to SD rather than playing in Anaheim.

StrengthAndHonor
07-27-2016, 08:51 PM
Well Ballmer always wanted control something AEG doesn't want him to have, so this is not a surprise.

StrengthAndHonor
07-27-2016, 08:55 PM
They are better of moving back to SD rather than playing in Anaheim.
Plus, Ballmer wants to have first priority and not doesn't want to become another tenant.

AlexJones
07-27-2016, 09:55 PM
Won't be any playoff games at Staples for another decade once they move.

Thebesteva
07-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Real talk: Staples is the Kings' house, was built for the Kings originally, and both NBA teams are just tenants.

Anyway, it'd be interesting to see what kind of crazy shit Ballmer would come up with for the fan experience with his own arena.

I had access to the media room at staples because I use to work for an MMA website a long time ago. When I went in the back all the pictures framed up were Lakers stuff and everyone was only talking about the Lakers.

Believe me...the Kings dont own Staples.

poeticism707
07-28-2016, 12:18 AM

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Killakobe81
07-28-2016, 06:18 AM
Won't be any playoff games at Staples for another decade once they move.

That is some dumb shit. Titles no but playoffs? Lakers will be there in half that time probably even less.

whitemamba
07-28-2016, 11:18 AM

Really doesnt matter at this point, night or day, weekday or weekend, the traffic in southern california is abysmal.

Caltex2
07-30-2016, 07:18 PM

You act like Anaheim is a small fishing village and Orange County has 100,000 people. It already has 2 teams and believe me anyone who is dedicated enough and wants to be a Clippers fan over being a Lakers fan given all the reasons not to will find a way to make it to their games. We're talking about 41 games a year and probably close to half of them fall on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.