PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Thoughts on the Lakers' future core?

StrengthAndHonor
07-28-2016, 03:48 PM
D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, Ingram, Randle and Zubac. Honestly, can you see them as the second coming of OKC? What's their ceiling? With the exception of Russell who I believe will be a perennial All-Star, the rest appears to be a little bit underwhelming?

Splits
07-28-2016, 03:55 PM
Bust, 10th man, bust, bust, bust.

StrengthAndHonor
07-28-2016, 04:10 PM
You really believe that, Splitty?

benefactor
07-28-2016, 04:14 PM
Bend over, I'll show you how it feels to be cored

Killakobe81
07-28-2016, 04:16 PM
D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, Ingram, Randle and Zubac. Honestly, can you see them as the second coming of OKC? What's their ceiling? With the exception of Russell who I believe will be a perennial All-Star, the rest appears to be a little bit underwhelming?

I think ingram is legit and in time may be the best of the bunch.

Lol some of the shittiest talent evaluators weighing in

Lets play Boban!!!
Mills is better than Parker!!

Raven
07-28-2016, 04:17 PM
zubac could be a 7th man tbh

StrengthAndHonor
07-28-2016, 04:38 PM
zubac could be a 7th man tbh

Laker fans are high on him. I read plenty of comparisons to Marc Gasol...

StrengthAndHonor
07-28-2016, 04:39 PM
I think ingram is legit and in time may be the best of the bunch.

Lol spme of the shittiest talent evaluators weighing in

Lets play Boban!!!
Mills is better than Parker!!

Haha. How about Jordan Clarkson?

Killakobe81
07-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Haha. How about Jordan Clarkson?

I love his work ethic and think he has a small chance of being good not an all-star.
Problem is tough to gauge him when he went to school 4 years and he is out-playing guys who went to school for 1 ... he should be better than most 2nd-3rd year players. If he improves his defense and his 3 point shot he could be a starter on a good probably not great team.

Thread
07-28-2016, 04:57 PM
They need to face the music and trade Russell. (They) will not let him/us live in peace until he is elsewhere. Then, THEN, then (it) will change over night. They'll leave him be. He & Swaggy will be friends. Swaggy will stipulate that "it was a good thing. I'm a better man. I respect women now. I'm a better man. I'm a better black man. I respect women now. Especially my mother, a black woman who sacrificed for me. I am a changed man. And I want to thank D. Russ for helping me see the light. I love him. He's my brother." On & on. Until then (((they're))) gonna shit where we eat.

Bottom, bottom is still awaiting our arrival. We ain't there yet. Not by a jugful we ain't.

Ball Buster
07-28-2016, 05:00 PM
Russell - has the attention of a lot of people in the nba. Cuban couldn't stop talking about him in summer league. All star player in 2-3 years

Clarkson - just gave the Lakers a huge bargain contract signing for 12 mil a year/4 years. Great scorer, poor defender. Legit 6th man of the year candidate in a couple years.

Ingram - Kinda early to say. A lot of potential here. Working in Luke's system for a couple years could do wonders. Potential all star player in 4-5 years.

Randle - Still has no outside jumper. Has a lot of talent in other areas, averaged a double-double last year. Not an all star, but solid player with great attitude and work ethic. A nice piece to have on a contender.

Zubac - Great team-mate, everyone likes him. He's said many times how bad he wanted to be chosen by the Lakers. Looks really good for 19. Plays defense, isn't afraid to get dunked on, very active hands and good footwork. Runs the floor very well for a 7 footer. Should be a very serviceable center for the long term.

All very nice choices by the Lakers front office

Killakobe81
07-28-2016, 05:01 PM
He may get traded. He may not ...
But I dont buy that he cant be left in peace.
Kobe was accused of rape.
Odom is druggie.
Kareem punched Benson.
Orlando Woolridge was also a druggie
We forgive. all he has to do is perform.
If he does, we get more for him in trade or the Lakers fans will forgive ...and embrace.
WGAF what outsiders think?
Kobe was hated for most of his 20 years ...

You my Republican corn fed "nicca" cully but dont be a wuss.
The only thing he has in common with Kobe at this point is a flair for the dramatic ... and he his hated by outsiders. '
TBH, that makes me like him even more.

StrengthAndHonor
07-28-2016, 05:04 PM
He may get traded.
Odom is druggie.
Kareem punched Benson.
If he does we get more for him in trade or the Lakers fans will forgive ...

I agree. We've seen worst tbh. Heck, JR smith has always been a malcontent and look at him now.

Thread
07-28-2016, 05:07 PM
He may get traded.
Odom is druggie.
Kareem punched Benson.
If he does we get more for him in trade or the Lakers fans will forgive ...

But, (Kobe's rape) was big time and had to be handled delicately on orders from Stern in NYC. Russell's gossip is fair game. Like money from home. "Have at it, boys." - Silver.

Every time we get up off the mat they're going to wink & nod about Russell/Swaggy...then stoically write about it:::"It's really tough for these two young black men. They've learned a valuable lesson, and if forgiveness can't be found between them then that is the responsibility of the Laker's brain trust. It will take time, and the worst possible move here would be to trade one of them. A valuable lesson can be learned over time by not only the Laker's storied franchise, but, all NBA teams and their players. Let's watch and learn from these two proud African Americans as they work through this opportunity. Yes, it is an opportunity."

On & on.

Spur-Addict
07-28-2016, 05:09 PM
Is that what they are? :lol

Clipper Nation
07-28-2016, 05:10 PM
All busts. Their ceiling is that Baby Bulls team that lost in the first round a couple times.

Thread
07-28-2016, 05:13 PM
All busts. Their ceiling is that Baby Bulls team that lost in the first round a couple times.

You got two ceilings to aspire toward, you prick.

Ball Buster
07-28-2016, 05:20 PM
And another player nobody mentioned is Larry Nance Jr. Another great 2 way player that can hit shots and jump out of the gym. All these guys are going to be legit starting players in the nba, and Jim Buss is picking them out of the second round... This. Guy. Is. Good.

07-28-2016, 05:22 PM
:rollin

StrengthAndHonor
07-28-2016, 05:36 PM
:rollin
Lakers have a better future than the Mavs though. Let that sink in. Maybe even better than my Clippers *shrugs*

Clipper Nation
07-28-2016, 05:42 PM
Lakers have a better future than the Mavs though. Let that sink in. Maybe even better than my Clippers *shrugs*
:lol "my"

Kool Bob Love
07-28-2016, 05:42 PM
Im just waiting to hear something bad bout this years rookie. Randle breaking his leg and Russell being exposed as a rat are gonna be tough to top.

StrengthAndHonor
07-28-2016, 05:49 PM
:lol "my"
Sorry, I mean "our" Clippers.:bobo

HarlemHeat37
07-28-2016, 07:18 PM
Can't judge Ingram or Zubac, yet, it's just guessing, at this point..

I won't say anything about Russell, too, since it's unfair to judge him when he was just playing "PG" on a team with the worst coach in the NBA and being forced to watch Kobe's "farewell tour" on the court..as I said when it happened, though, the snitching incident is going to follow him forever, unless he becomes a star player IMO..it's not a coincidence that the Lakers, a once proud franchise, couldn't even get a single FA meeting with a decent player..

Randle is legitimately bad, though..he doesn't have any notable skills, he's horrendous on defense, and his body is underwhelming..his ceiling is probably Brandon Bass..

Killakobe81
07-28-2016, 08:15 PM
Can't judge Ingram or Zubac, yet, it's just guessing, at this point..

I won't say anything about Russell, too, since it's unfair to judge him when he was just playing "PG" on a team with the worst coach in the NBA and being forced to watch Kobe's "farewell tour" on the court..as I said when it happened, though, the snitching incident is going to follow him forever, unless he becomes a star player IMO..it's not a coincidence that the Lakers, a once proud franchise, couldn't even get a single FA meeting with a decent player..

Randle is legitimately bad, though..he doesn't have any notable skills, he's horrendous on defense, and his body is underwhelming..his ceiling is probably Brandon Bass..

You niccas dont see enough of the Lakers to provide solid analysis ...i watched the fewest amount of Laker games and i still saw randle more than all of you.
I am most worried about him reaching his potential (than russ or Ingram Clarkson or even Nance ...but still to early to judge him fairly ...last year was his rookie year.
I will tell youbif he is a bust by February.

StrengthAndHonor
07-28-2016, 08:22 PM
You niccas dont see enough of the Lakers to provide solid analysis ...i watched the fewest amount of Laker games and i still saw randle more than all of you.
I am most worried about him reaching his potential (than russ or Ingram Clarkson or even Nance ...but still to early to judge him fairly ...last year was his rookie year.
I will tell youbif he is a bust by February.

I don't understand why people are calling Randle a bust. I checked his stats and he pulled a double double last year, isn't that impressive for a rookie?

Killakobe81
07-28-2016, 08:37 PM
I don't understand why people are calling Randle a bust. I checked his stats and he pulled a double double last year, isn't that impressive for a rookie?

Its stupid tbh.
He has some holes but still very young and he lost a year to injury

Ball Buster
07-28-2016, 08:50 PM
Spurstalk. Where averaging a double-double your rookie season means you're a complete fucking failure

HarlemHeat37
07-28-2016, 08:54 PM
I watched a ton of Lakers games, last year, they were one of the 3 most entertaining teams in the NBA:lol

Randle legitimately sucks, tbh..what exactly are his strengths, outside of rebounding?

He's a PF that might be the worst post player among starting bigs in the NBA(0.66 PPP, last season, which is unbelievably bad:wow)..he's not a roll man(0.73 PPP, atrocious)..his game is all Isolation, he had one of the highest ISO %s in the NBA, last season, and did it inefficiently(just like he does everything else)..

Also, he shot around 10% on jump shots past 10 feet:lol..

Defensively, he ranked 2nd last among PFs in defensive RPM:lol

Rebounding is a strength of his, I suppose..I guess Brandon Bass as his ceiling might be a stretch, maybe he could become Carlos Boozer if he develops a jump shot and everything goes right for him..

He doesn't have a single decent skill on the offensive or defensive ends, though, if you exclude rebounding..

07-28-2016, 08:59 PM
I was watching a video of team USA 1-on-1 drills and Randle (don't ask me why he was there) looked like absolute ass :lol

Ball Buster
07-28-2016, 09:01 PM
He drives very well to the basket for a big. Just needs to clean up the misses around the rim, and improve the shooting. I wanna see him on year three

StrengthAndHonor
07-28-2016, 09:07 PM
I don't see a lot of D'Angelo doubters this year, I guess after he dominated the summer league, talks of him being a bust are starting to die. I hav him dropping 19, 6 and 7 this year.

Top 6 PG in the league by March of next year.

ambchang
07-28-2016, 09:35 PM
They will be fine as long as there aren't any 68 year old grandmas for them to sexually harass.

Buddy Mignon
07-28-2016, 10:59 PM
We'll be winning titles in three years.

ElNono
07-28-2016, 11:04 PM
Hard to judge anything with last season's shitshow... this year there's (apparently) no more circus, maybe everybody can get a better look.

Mnky
07-29-2016, 01:01 AM
I think Russel zubac and Ingram can all be stars for them. Randle needs to develop more offense, but he can do dirty work. The right coach will bring out his qualities. I believe they're looking pretty good from a rebuild view. They're all relatively young and won't peak for a very long time. If they can find a way to make Russell work, they could develop a good core. Kid had a horrible situation with Kobe and Scott last year. I bet he shines with them out of his way. Looking forward to seeing g them develop. Hopefully lakes can be patient and develop them instead of trade away promising pieces.

RsxPiimp
07-29-2016, 04:14 PM
after watching the summer league, I'm more excited about zubac tbh lol.

whitemamba
07-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Things are trending upwards boys, I really have high expectations for D'Angelo this year, I think hes going to shine. I'm glad he decided to hoop with the USA Select and the rest of the Olympic team ,its going to help him big time. As for _ulius Randle, I haven't seen anything but literally D-League monkey ball, hope he figured out how to use his right hand and make a jump shot. Clarkson, this is his year to shine, I would like to see him facilitate more, and get to the paint more as well. Ingram, from what I saw in summer league, dude has monster potential to be good, just needs to stick with it, working out, nutrition, etc.. Zubac I feel is a great pick up, he is very young but dude has quick ups of the ground and is a good defensive presence. He needs to hit the weights as well though.

Killakobe81
07-29-2016, 04:52 PM
We will be much improved but if we win more than 30 games ...Luke is a potentially a great coach.

StrengthAndHonor
07-29-2016, 04:55 PM
We will be much improved but if we win more than 30 games ...Luke is a potentially a great coach.
Would you be ok with another season of despair? I read the 2017 class is pretty deep...

whitemamba
07-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Would you be ok with another season of despair? I read the 2017 class is pretty deep...

No , not me at least, I have no trust in FO's ability to attract a FA, and Im pretty sure LakerNation feels the same way, we need to start competing and ASAP. No one will look this direction unless we start winning.

Killakobe81
07-29-2016, 05:08 PM

Thing is we have no choice we have talent but young talent doesnt win.
We are about a year behind on the development curve behind Minnesoata and they have Cat and got rid of Love a year before Kobe retired. They won like 33 games last year. The west is weaker at the bottom and middle but that still means we win 32 games max.

My early guess is we win 27-30 games with a 25 win floor and 32 win ceiling.
I hope I am wrong but that gives us a decent shot at keeping our pick again.

No FA of note is coming here but I dont want anyone not named KAT, RussADavis, LeBron, Durant steph Kiwi if we cant get those guys might as well keep building with youth and sucking. As long as we improve every month. From here on out Im cool.

Spur-Addict
07-29-2016, 08:05 PM
I'll give it to you, you niggas is optimistic.

poeticism707
07-29-2016, 08:06 PM
Spurstalk. Where averaging a double-double your rookie season means you're a complete fucking failure

:rollin :rollin :rollin

DMC
07-29-2016, 08:36 PM
Probably the 2nd coming of the 2016-2017 OKC.

DMC
07-29-2016, 08:38 PM
He drives very well to the basket for a big. Just needs to clean up the misses around the rim, and improve the shooting. I wanna see him on year three
Bend over, I'll show you how to clean up the misses around the rim.

Ball Buster
07-29-2016, 09:18 PM
Bend over, I'll show you how to clean up the misses around the rim.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/312/563/05d.jpg

baseline bum
07-29-2016, 09:19 PM
Kareem punched Benson

:lol

Damn that nigga got on the bad side of both Larry and Lew?

Bynumite
07-29-2016, 09:20 PM
I'll feed DMC's limp dick to a stray dog if Lakers don't ring again in the next 5 years.

ambchang
07-29-2016, 09:34 PM
I'll feed DMC's limp dick to a stray dog if Lakers don't ring again in the next 5 years.

Are you finally ready to pull it out?

Silver&Black
07-29-2016, 09:37 PM
Are you finally ready to pull it out?

:wow

baseline bum
07-29-2016, 09:40 PM
ring again in the next 5 years.

:lmao

Molotov
07-30-2016, 09:23 PM

Thread
07-30-2016, 09:25 PM

Oh, yeah, just a fuckin' riot. You asshole, you.

poeticism707
07-30-2016, 09:33 PM

The King of Optimism
:rollin :rollin :rollin

StrengthAndHonor
07-30-2016, 10:11 PM
Hey sir, please stop embarrassing your fanbase. You're giving quality Laker fans like KillaKobe, Whitemamba, Bynumite etc a bad name...SMH.

BD24
07-30-2016, 10:43 PM
Luva is the same stupid ass that thought you guys were winning 50 games this year.

Anyway Ingram should be good, Clarkson is a solid player. Probably best used as a sixth or seventh man. Think Russel and Randle are underwheliming to say the least. Will be interesting to see if they possibly look a bit better this year without the TOSB out their sabotaging the games.

Thread
07-30-2016, 10:44 PM
Luva is the same stupid ass that thought you guys were winning 50 games this year.

Anyway Ingram should be good, Clarkson is a solid player. Probably best used as a sixth or seventh man. Think Russel and Randle are underwheliming to say the least. Will be interesting to see if they possibly look a bit better this year without the TOSB out their sabotaging the games.

They were selling your shit.

BD24
07-30-2016, 10:47 PM
Kobes parents were selling his shit!

Thread
07-30-2016, 10:51 PM

BD24
07-30-2016, 10:54 PM
I don't see a lot of D'Angelo doubters this year, I guess after he dominated the summer league, talks of him being a bust are starting to die. I hav him dropping 19, 6 and 7 this year.

Top 6 PG in the league by March of next year.
I think that is awfully optimistic tbh. He most likely will drop 19 as he will have plenty of opportunity to shoot with cancer gone, but it won't be an efficient 19.

LOL btw at the top 6 pg. Off the top of my head Wall, Lillard, Curry, Westbrook, CP3, Conley, Teague should all still be better easily. You can argue a few others such as Dragic and Lowry should still easily be better as well. Fringe top 10 pg by the end of the year...maybe. Top 6 pg though lol. Not impressed by him tearing up a bunch of d leaguers and rookies in summer league. Sorry.

Thebesteva
07-31-2016, 01:51 AM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/2vlC9FMLSmqGs/200.gif

Raven
07-31-2016, 04:40 AM
I think that is awfully optimistic tbh. He most likely will drop 19 as he will have plenty of opportunity to shoot with cancer gone, but it won't be an efficient 19.

LOL btw at the top 6 pg. Off the top of my head Wall, Lillard, Curry, Westbrook, CP3, Conley, Teague should all still be better easily. You can argue a few others such as Dragic and Lowry should still easily be better as well. Fringe top 10 pg by the end of the year...maybe. Top 6 pg though lol. Not impressed by him tearing up a bunch of d leaguers and rookies in summer league. Sorry.

there is nothing to be argued, not only are they light years above him, but he doesn't even have the potential to reach them.

Raven
07-31-2016, 04:41 AM

pretty sure that when you're the second worst team in the league, it is hard not to be a failure anywhere.

Stalin
07-31-2016, 05:15 AM

StrengthAndHonor
07-31-2016, 10:27 AM

He's going to be better than Teague, Conley and Dragic. Maybe even Wall whose had an overrated career.

StrengthAndHonor
07-31-2016, 12:07 PM
Why do you pretend to be a clippers fan? It isn't like it gives your ridiculously shitty takes any more credibility by pretending you're something other than a piece of shit laker fan.

It really does nothing but demean the good laker fans on here by you being such a cocksucking faggot.
Why are you acting so tough behind a computer, sir? And yes, I have been a Clipper fan since 98. Thank you very much.

BD24
07-31-2016, 01:55 PM
He's going to be better than Teague, Conley and Dragic. Maybe even Wall whose had an overrated career.
What has he shown us so far to draw that conclusion. He had a pretty poor rookie season and then tore up against a bunch of d leaguers and rookies. To think he will be better than wall is absolutely laughable. If wall didn't have the misfortune of playing with such a shit organization his story would be quite different.

LkrFan
07-31-2016, 04:13 PM
With Pau and LMA guarding the Spurs yard...

https://picload.org/image/rropwlwc/insta008.gif

...I could see this a few times this year. incoming! :rollin :lmao :rollin

Stalin
07-31-2016, 08:23 PM

He gets like no air on that dunk, he's lucky that scrub moved out of the way...:lmao

Splits
07-31-2016, 09:11 PM

:lol barely can reach the rim
:lol 10 lbs heavier yet 4 inches shorter than the other bust #2 pick
:lol Ingram will be one of the biggest busts ever
:lol D'Snitch alienated an entire locker room in 1 season
:lol L:lolkers

Brazil
08-01-2016, 10:36 AM
:lol Today's Lakers

whitemamba
08-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Why do you pretend to be a clippers fan? It isn't like it gives your ridiculously shitty takes any more credibility by pretending you're something other than a piece of shit laker fan.

It really does nothing but demean the good laker fans on here by you being such a cocksucking faggot.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/OXSi5RMEp1ACQ/200.gif

DMC
08-01-2016, 10:55 AM
^:lol

Molotov
08-01-2016, 11:04 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/OXSi5RMEp1ACQ/200.gif

Will that gif ever stop being funny? :lol

whitemamba
08-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Will that gif ever stop being funny? :lol

its really incredible how much humor you can get out of a 5 second clip.

gambit1990
08-01-2016, 12:45 PM
it's a core that isn't gonna get them anywhere tbh.

Killakobe81
08-01-2016, 02:06 PM
it's a core that isn't gonna get them anywhere tbh.

You might be right.
To early to tell.
But if you mean anywhere close to contending.
I cant disagree but we will see ...
You cannot contend without a legit #1 and I only see a couple potential #2's ...and maybe a #3

LkrFan
08-02-2016, 04:04 AM
As long as they keep pushing we'll eventually be fine:

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 08:53 AM
As long as they keep pushing we'll eventually be fine:

That is one thing these guys have been grinding.
Randle is my biggest worry because for him to be great as a slightly undersized PF he has to get a jumper and a right hand counter ...
clarkson really just needs range and better defense to be fine.
Ingram needs muscle and more "suddenness" tohis game
Russ needs to work on explosion and undoing the damge that Byron did to him ...

Liek I said fringe playoff contender in 2017.
2016 Will be rough but promising.
I expect us to end better than we start.

ambchang
08-02-2016, 03:45 PM
That is one thing these guys have been grinding.
Randle is my biggest worry because for him to be great as a slightly undersized PF he has to get a jumper and a right hand counter ...
clarkson really just needs range and better defense to be fine.
Ingram needs muscle and more "suddenness" tohis game
Russ needs to work on explosion and undoing the damge that Byron did to him ...

Liek I said fringe playoff contender in 2017.
2016 Will be rough but promising.
I expect us to end better than we start.

I say no playoffs in 18 ( I think that's what you meant). Wanna bet?

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 03:52 PM
I say no playoffs in 18 ( I think that's what you meant). Wanna bet?

I say we can make it 3 years from now.
But no, I'm not gonna bet that now ... hit me up in two years from now right before the season starts.
To many variables for me to make that bet today ... just saying that is what I expect.
for me to bet that means im very confident and i am not
i will say Im cautiously optimistic but not confident yet.

ambchang
08-02-2016, 07:22 PM
I say we can make it 3 years from now.
But no, I'm not gonna bet that now ... hit me up in two years from now right before the season starts.
To many variables for me to make that bet today ... just saying that is what I expect.
for me to bet that means im very confident and i am not
i will say Im cautiously optimistic but not confident yet.

Three years is too much for me too. Too many variables. Mostly about what the other teams will do than what the lakers will do. Kings, blazers, clippers, wolves, jazz, pels, Suns nuggets, thunder and Grizzlies can all go up or down. I think Mavs are done. I'm pretty confident Spurs, Warriors, rockets will still be in the playoffs three years from now, barring major injuries.

RsxPiimp
08-02-2016, 07:31 PM
I'm down for another lottery season. I'd rather get another top 3. We're not getting any Notable FA anyway.

LkrFan
08-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Lu1a-sopPcM

ambchang
08-07-2016, 11:50 AM
I'm down for another lottery season. I'd rather get another top 3. We're not getting any Notable FA anyway.

You went from yi jianlian turning you down to getting mosgov. So you are trending up

DPG21920
08-07-2016, 11:57 AM

Don't be a chickenshit. You act like you know basketball, where do you think the Spurs defense ranks this year? You seem to act like they will be terrible so go on record with your basketball knowledge.

DPG21920
08-07-2016, 12:00 PM

My friend, you don't have another choice :lol. The only chance of that changing was free agency this year but it was cemented that LA no longer has any FA advantage. That is a game changer and something most of us were 99% certain of, but Kobe being there left room for that 1% chance it was all Kobe's fault

This year with no Kobe and a ton of money and not only whiffing so badly, but being embarrassed (no meeting from KD despite being "The Lakers") proved that LA no longer has any advantage.

That is not to say they won't ever sign good FA's again- it's just that they have to have equal money and a really good team in order to draw players. No longer players lining up to come to LA because they are a mess and everyone is on equal footing now.

DPG21920
08-07-2016, 12:14 PM
This is such a big year for LA. If they can't prove that their young core has a lot of promise it will be extremely damaging to their FA hopes yet again.

Especially because they likely lose their draft pick this year so very little shot at adding to the team other than FA. I don't like their core. Not just the skill set, but as I said last year, they learned the worst habits from the worst kind of "leader". They learned that you are above the franchise. They learned how to not take things seriously and how much of a business this really is (putting Kobe above all else because he sells tickets knowing you would be an awful team).

Then on top of questionable ceilings you have rampant immaturity with your leader in Russell. I get guys are young, but he strikes me as the type of stupid that never goes away (like Dwight). You just can't teach certain things and even in the Summer League he's more about looking cool than putting his head down (still doing that stupid ice in my veins stuff). Even after all he's been through he still can't help himself in the moment from being a dummy.

Things like that bother me personally and while many young players grow up and mature, he has questions about his talent and mentality and he's supposed to be the leader.

Bynumite
08-07-2016, 01:06 PM
This is such a big year for LA. If they can't prove that their young core has a lot of promise it will be extremely damaging to their FA hopes yet again.

Especially because they likely lose their draft pick this year so very little shot at adding to the team other than FA. I don't like their core. Not just the skill set, but as I said last year, they learned the worst habits from the worst kind of "leader". They learned that you are above the franchise. They learned how to not take things seriously and how much of a business this really is (putting Kobe above all else because he sells tickets knowing you would be an awful team).

Then on top of questionable ceilings you have rampant immaturity with your leader in Russell. I get guys are young, but he strikes me as the type of stupid that never goes away (like Dwight). You just can't teach certain things and even in the Summer League he's more about looking cool than putting his head down (still doing that stupid ice in my veins stuff). Even after all he's been through he still can't help himself in the moment from being a dummy.

Things like that bother me personally and while many young players grow up and mature, he has questions about his talent and mentality and he's supposed to be the leader.

If anything the rookies saw the Lakers take care of their own but you gotta earn that kind of status through years of dedication. You wanna see your jersey up in the rafters, you gotta put in the work, same way Kobe did. Lakers don't retire the jersey of Bruce Bowen type players :lol

Your criticism of a 19 year old kid is that he celebrated a game winning shot. Really? :lol He was one of the best players in the summer league and his demeanor during interviews has been nothing but professional. Strong nit picking. Curry is 10 years older than Russell, would you question his mentality and say he's immature because he does the shimmy and crip walks all over the court after game winners too? Welcome to the new NBA and social media era old man, where every star has their own trademark celebration.

DPG21920
08-07-2016, 02:12 PM
Curry didn't get caught snitching out teammates and never played a role in a team losing so many games. I have no problem celebrating but when you have done nothing but lose and create locker room problems, you might want to just do your damn job and no, Summer League doesn't count.

Killakobe81
08-07-2016, 02:27 PM

Relax. Plenty of young players celebrated like ass clowns in their youth including LeBron and his dancing and prancing and turned out fine. You sound like a get off my lawn type right now

DPG21920
08-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Relax. Plenty of young players celebrated like ass clowns in their youth including LeBron and his dancing and prancing and turned out fine. You sound like a get off my lawn type right now

Again, what Laker fans keep skipping over is the "other" stuff. I have no idea how Laker fans are being so dense here. They keep comparing Russ to Lebron (you) & Curry (the other poster I've never seen before). Russ is not those guys so why do you compare him to players who actually look like franchise players?

If he came out like Lebron did and surpasses expectations and stayed out of trouble fine. You can do whatever you want. But if someone does all the knucklehead stuff that Russ did (especially the filming debacle) you would expect them to put their head down and go to work.

Like I said (again) I'm fine with players doing whatever, but you better bring it and Russ strikes me as that Dwight Howard kind of stupid and immature that never goes away (which LA fans hated Dwight for that).

DPG21920
08-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Laker fans acting like I'm the one that needs the burden of proof to back up my claims when they are literally ignoring everything "in hopes" that he turns out like Lebron / Curry :lol.

1) Had questionable work eithic and maturity coming out of college

2) Was called out on this last year as a pro

3) Was in the most poisonous situation of any NBA franchise last year learning terrible habits, with terrible development and no accountability on top of learning that losing is ok (you can just goof off because it's a business and its all about the big name players and selling tickets/jerseys).

4) Gets caught filming a private locker room conversation and has teammates turn on him. Refusing to sit with him at dinners, ignoring him at practice and freezing him out of games.

So no, I"m not being some "cranky old guy". I'm looking at the fact that Russ has underwhelmed, came out with work eithic/maturity problems and then we saw them mainfest themselves last year along with him being in the worst situation possible for a guy like him (under Kobe's Lakers).

If you can't see all of that, I don't know what else you would need. That doesn't mean he can't be good or can't overcome - but LA fans should be way more worried and less dismissive. They needed a leader along with a mega talent from their last 3 years in the lottery and they really may end up with very little talent and Absoultely zero leadership and it's me that's crazy. Ok.

Bynumite
08-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Again, what Laker fans keep skipping over is the "other" stuff. I have no idea how Laker fans are being so dense here. They keep comparing Russ to Lebron (you) & Curry (the other poster I've never seen before). Russ is not those guys so why do you compare him to players who actually look like franchise players?

If he came out like Lebron did and surpasses expectations and stayed out of trouble fine. You can do whatever you want. But if someone does all the knucklehead stuff that Russ did (especially the filming debacle) you would expect them to put their head down and go to work.

Like I said (again) I'm fine with players doing whatever, but you better bring it and Russ strikes me as that Dwight Howard kind of stupid and immature that never goes away (which LA fans hated Dwight for that).

He fucked up with the Nick Young situation but the thing is he did go to work. His stats went up after the all star break despite being in a toxic situation and he recently put up good numbers in the summer league. Oh and miss me with that "summer league doesn't count" bullshit. Summer league was enough for spurfan to label him a bust last season.

Also, you're welcome to point out the other knucklehead stuff Russell did besides the Nick Young situation but i know you won't because you're clearly grasping at straws. By the way, we already established celebrating game winners doesn't really count unless you're 80 years old, right? :lol

But go ahead and keep pushing your idiotic points because Lakers :lol

DPG21920
08-07-2016, 03:55 PM
He fucked up with the Nick Young situation but the thing is he did go to work. His stats went up after the all star break despite being in a toxic situation and he recently put up good numbers in the summer league. Oh and miss me with that "summer league doesn't count" bullshit. Summer league was enough for spurfan to label him a bust last season.

Also, you're welcome to point out the other knucklehead stuff Russell besides the Nick Young situation did but i know you won't because you're clearly grasping at straws. By the way, we already established celebrating game winners doesn't really count unless you're 80 years old, right? :lol

But go ahead and keep pushing your idiotic points because Lakers :lol

What?

I literally listed numerous things beside the Nick Young incident. Spur fans had an entire NBA season, not just SL, to label him a bust FYI..

DPG21920
08-07-2016, 04:03 PM
And this is not just about Russ. As I and many others pointed out, Lakers not only got questionable talent with their 3 years in the lottery (could be very solid, but the floor is also very, very low) but the franchise is a mess.

Young players with questionable talent need a great spot to grow and be nurtured. Russ and the other youngsters have only known losing, chaos, bad coaching and terrible front office management. They have learned life in the NBA is a circus and about players over the franchise.

Losing became acceptable. Being embarrassed became the norm. It's not just on Russ but the culture in LA now and how much damage was done to these young players.

LA really seems to be on the Dallas Cowboy franchise plan. Once proud franchise that has become more known for it's players stupidity, lack of discipline and terrible hype despite really doing nothing for a long, long, time (maybe you get the occasional playoff appearance, maybe).

Bynumite
08-07-2016, 04:32 PM
What?

I literally listed numerous things beside the Nick Young incident. Spur fans had an entire NBA season, not just SL, to label him a bust FYI..

You mean to tell me rookies are questionable? That's usually how it works for non-NBA tested players.

You said it yourself, Russell was in a poisonous situation last season and when a coach's gameplan consists of giving the ball to Kobe and bench the rookies when they get hot, what exactly do you expect from a rookie? Just from the sample of games under Luke, you can clearly see Russell already looks better outside last season's poisonous situation.

DPG21920
08-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Well, LA fans have no choice but to be invested so I can see how you would want to erase all the negative due to a little Summer League action, but I'm not so fast to just assume everything is ok.

It's not because I am a Spur fan either; I listed all the serious problems and those aren't really arguable. I'm not saying he's a bust - I'm saying I have more than enough reasons to be concerned and I do think he's closer to Dwight Howard's mentality than Lebrons.

LkrFan
08-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Don't be a chickenshit. You act like you know basketball, where do you think the Spurs defense ranks this year? You seem to act like they will be terrible so go on record with your basketball knowledge.

Spurs interior defense will plummet without Jim guarding the yard. LMA and Pau are not anchors. I also expect TP to lose another step this year. So when players like Dame goes to the rack, Pau or LMA will be in foul trouble - because TP can't stay in front of his man.

Kiwi is great v defensely, so you guys should still hover around top 10 but not top 5 like y'all had been.

DPG21920
08-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Spurs interior defense will plummet without Jim guarding the yard. LMA and Pau are not anchors. I also expect TP to lose another step this year. So when players like Dame goes to the rack, Pau or LMA will be in foul trouble - because TP can't stay in front of his man.

Kiwi is great v defensely, so you guys should still hover around top 10 but not top 5 like y'all had been.

Sounds good. I disagree but thank you for putting yours on record.

Killakobe81
08-07-2016, 09:12 PM

Not comparing his game to LeBron ...dont be dense.
I do not even like when LeBron was dancing when he hadnt won shit yet ...my point was him celebrating doesnt mean shit one way or another. He will fail or succeed but his ice in my veins bullshit will have nothing to do with it. I get U love these doomsday laker scenarios ...im just saying relax and stop kneejerking

Killakobe81
08-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Laker fans acting like I'm the one that needs the burden of proof to back up my claims when they are literally ignoring everything "in hopes" that he turns out like Lebron / Curry :lol.

1) Had questionable work eithic and maturity coming out of college

2) Was called out on this last year as a pro

3) Was in the most poisonous situation of any NBA franchise last year learning terrible habits, with terrible development and no accountability on top of learning that losing is ok (you can just goof off because it's a business and its all about the big name players and selling tickets/jerseys).

4) Gets caught filming a private locker room conversation and has teammates turn on him. Refusing to sit with him at dinners, ignoring him at practice and freezing him out of games.

So no, I"m not being some "cranky old guy". I'm looking at the fact that Russ has underwhelmed, came out with work eithic/maturity problems and then we saw them mainfest themselves last year along with him being in the worst situation possible for a guy like him (under Kobe's Lakers).

If you can't see all of that, I don't know what else you would need. That doesn't mean he can't be good or can't overcome - but LA fans should be way more worried and less dismissive. They needed a leader along with a mega talent from their last 3 years in the lottery and they really may end up with very little talent and Absoultely zero leadership and it's me that's crazy. Ok.

What a dumb post when did i say he would come out like LeBron? All i said was celebrating like a moron is not a indicator of success or failure or even immaturity. In fact when LeBron was shucking and jiving he was criticized by plenty others defended it as his exuberance ...
But Its immaturity when its nick young prancing but exuberance when James does it. I dont cosign that media spin bullshit. Russ will be judged by his play idgaf about his celebrations and dude has been working hard all summer ...funny how Luke is praising his work ethic while old DPG Scott says it was lacking ...we will see who was right.

Killakobe81
08-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Hey sir, please stop embarrassing your fanbase. You're giving quality Laker fans like KillaKobe, Whitemamba, Bynumite etc a bad name...SMH.

Playoffs in 3 is more realistic.
Titles is more than 5 years out ...
A chip is fucking hard.
Almost impossible to win one without a superstar my guess is best case, Russ and Ingram are stars but not super, but hope I am wrong.

Molotov
08-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Playoffs in 3 is more realistic.
Titles is more than 5 years out ...
A chip is fucking hard.
Almost impossible to win one without a superstar my guess is best case, Russ and Ingram are stars but not super, but hope I am wrong.

08-11-2016, 11:03 AM

DJR210
08-11-2016, 11:41 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn188/DJR210/Kobe_zpsqoowg4cj.jpg

Killakobe81
08-11-2016, 12:15 PM

Not sure what you laughing at ...i said at best case they are stars. To early to say either are stars or busts.

TDMVPDPOY
08-11-2016, 12:28 PM
Not sure what you laughing at ...i said at best case they are stars. To early to say either are stars or busts.

define stars? they are not stars outside of la

Raven
08-11-2016, 12:30 PM

he probably means that they are stars in a nightclub

Killakobe81
08-12-2016, 12:05 AM

I dont need to define star because they are not stars yet ...
I said best case ...do you not understand the meaning.
For example best case Ben Simmons is a poor man's LeBron or KAT is a poor man's Duncan doesnt mean they will get close but at best that is what i think they could be ...
Best case for those two Lakers is a star like jimmy butler or lilard ...
Superstar is like Durant or LeBron i dontvsee anyone on our roster who even best case will be a superstar but all star is not impossible.