PDA

View Full Version : Re-signing Bonner would make us the whitest team in the NBA?

hsxvvd
07-29-2016, 03:51 PM
Pau
Lee
Manu
Bertans
Arcidiacono
Bonner

Jazz has 5 in Hayward, Neto, Whithey, Ingles & Pleis
Milwaukee only has 4 in Delly, Teletovic, Novak & Plumlee

Unless I'm missing another team.

From Downtown
07-29-2016, 03:52 PM
#WhitePower

RD2191
07-29-2016, 03:54 PM
benefactor

Mikeanaro
07-29-2016, 03:54 PM
Add the Argentine kid Garino for white supremacy...

Diego20
07-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Pau
Lee
Manu
Bertans
Arcidiacono
Bonner

Jazz has 5 in Hayward, Neto, Whithey, Ingles & Pleis
Milwaukee only has 4 in Delly, Teletovic, Novak & Plumlee

Unless I'm missing another team.

Patricio Garino?

From Downtown
07-29-2016, 03:57 PM
Korver, Hinrich, Muscala, Tiago, Costello, Humphries

That's six

hsxvvd
07-29-2016, 03:59 PM
Sorry.. yes with Garino... it's already 6.

Obviously just an observation btw... league avg 3.4 white guys per team or 23.3% of the league. Indiana, Utah and Milwaukee traditionally higher than most.

Pacers only have Whittington.

hsxvvd
07-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Korver, Hinrich, Muscala, Tiago, Costello, Humphries

That's six

Humphries?

montgod
07-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Not that this thread means anything but... are you defining those from Spain and Argentina as 'white' or just saying the team as a whole has a lighter skin color? Lol!

BTW, if it's the former, Humphries from ATL would be removed from the equation along with Tiago... I think.

Mikeanaro
07-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Humphries?
Exactly, Humphries is like Blake, a mulato lol.

montgod
07-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Exactly, Humphries is like Blake, a mulato lol.

Mulatto is a term formerly used to refer to persons born of one white parent and one black parent, or to persons born of a mulatto parent or parents. The term today is generally confined to an historical context, and English-speakers of mixed white and black ancestry seldom choose to identify themselves as "mulatto".[6]

The term is generally considered archaic, and may be taken as pejorative, especially in the United States, where "multiracial" and "biracial" are preferred.[citation needed] Those terms, however, may also apply to other racial mixtures.

....just saying lol.

hsxvvd
07-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Not that this thread means anything but... are you defining those from Spain and Argentina as 'white' or just saying the team as a whole has a lighter skin color? Lol!

BTW, if it's the former, Humphries from ATL would be removed from the equation along with Tiago... I think.

Good point. From what I gather the league data suggests 'latino' as a category.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_NBA

montgod
07-29-2016, 04:10 PM
Good point. From what I gather the league data suggests 'latino' as a category.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_NBA

So that would remove Pau, Manu, and Garino and hopefully Bonner based on him just needing to retire :)

Mikeanaro
07-29-2016, 04:11 PM

The whole american continent has Red Skin origins and that includes the USA, but since Europeans came to colonize we have White people all over the continent, if both parents are white it counts as white, if one parent is brown is a mestizo, I think OP means white as being white, not some light skinned like Blake or Klay Thompson.
Why Tiago should be removed? he has Jewish ancestry, raised as Christian but I think Jews count as white.

montgod
07-29-2016, 04:15 PM
The whole american continent has Red Skin origins and that includes the USA, but since Europeans came to colonize we have White people all over the continent, if both parents are white it counts as white, if one parent is brown is a mestizo, I think OP means white as being white, not some light skinned like Blake or Klay Thompson.
Why Tiago should be removed? he has Jewish ancestry, raised as Christian but I think Jews count as white.

Tiago Splitter Beims is a Brazilian professional basketball player for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association. Wikipedia
Born: January 1, 1985 (age 31), Blumenau, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Nationality: Brazilian, Spanish

hsxvvd
07-29-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm not setting any criteria... I imagine it would be however the players identify themselves or whoever collects the data that they are using on the wikipedia link I posted earlier.

Edit. The data comes from the NBA racial and ethnic diversity report card 2015.

Mikeanaro
07-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Tiago Splitter Beims is a Brazilian professional basketball player for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association. Wikipedia
Yeah but it says Spanish because he played there and probably has dual citizenship but Tiago is German descent, there are lots of Germans in Brazil and thats the reason there are lots of people with dark skin and green eyes... some women...
https://media2.giphy.com/media/4pnTXbttpAdC8/200_s.gif

montgod
07-29-2016, 04:33 PM
Yeah but it says Spanish because he played there and probably has dual citizenship but Tiago is German descent, there are lots of Germans in Brazil and thats the reason there are lots of people with dark skin and green eyes... some women...
https://media2.giphy.com/media/4pnTXbttpAdC8/200_s.gif

Interesting... that makes sense then with Biems and Splitter last names.

Leetonidas
07-29-2016, 04:38 PM
not to mention Tony is half white and Green and Anderson are super light skinned

Beeger43
07-29-2016, 04:50 PM
Thunder now have 8! Adams, McGary, Sabonis, Kanter, Ilyasova, Singler, Abrines, and Collison.

SpursforSix
07-29-2016, 04:52 PM
where'd my raging red bonner thread go

TD 21
07-29-2016, 05:27 PM
Not counting Hispanic/Latino, mixed or unlikely to be re-signed/make the team, it's basically Lee and Bertans . . . not that it matters.

I don't know why ignorant white people think the tone of a mixed players skin makes them any more black than white or white than black.

I've also never understood why ethnics, who were born and/or raised in the U.S., are referred to as (insert ethnicity)-American, but whites just get to be described as Americans. Either refer to them as European-American or refer to everyone as Americans.

TheGreatYacht
07-29-2016, 05:32 PM
That's the key to being a lottery team. Not sure the Spurs want that.

Also, Ardiacono is trash.

ViceCity86
07-29-2016, 10:51 PM
1986 Boston Celtics White players

Larry Bird
Kevin McHale
Dennis Johnson(Half)
Danny Ainge
Jerry Sichting
Bill Walton
Scott Wedman
Rick Carlisle
Greg Kite

8.5 of the 12 active players(71%) from the playoff roster were White, and they were the champs, one of the greatest teams to play the game. Those days are long, long gone.

offset formation
07-30-2016, 01:56 AM

Dolt. Jew denotes religion, not necessarily race/ethbicity. There are black Jews.

And per the US Census Bureau, one can be white and Hispanic or non-white Hispanic.

In the case of Manu, his family lineage appears to be Italian, which makes him European white (Caucasian). The same goes for the new guy and Tiago.

Mikeanaro
07-30-2016, 02:25 AM
Dolt. Jew denotes religion, not necessarily race/ethbicity. There are black Jews.

And per the US Census Bureau, one can be white and Hispanic or non-white Hispanic.

In the case of Manu, his family lineage appears to be Italian, which makes him European white (Caucasian). The same goes for the new guy and Tiago.
It is a race on his own, they have their features, here is some info

http://www.jpost.com/Enviro-Tech/Jews-A-religious-group-people-or-race

Also I dont understand your point, you said Jews denotes religion, not necessarily race/ethnicity... ¨not necessarily¨ is not an absolute so in no way excludes the race denomination.
(http://www.jpost.com/Enviro-Tech/Jews-A-religious-group-people-or-race)

DeRozan m8
07-30-2016, 03:12 AM
White coach and white home jerseys too tbh

ceperez
07-30-2016, 06:14 AM
I thought Spurs were mostly loaded with Irish players:

Timmy Duncan (retired)
Danny Green
Patty Mills
Tony Parker
Matt Bonner (soon to be retired)

HarlemHeat37
07-30-2016, 12:32 PM
Only 1 rotation White American player(if Lee cracks the rotation, which he probably will), which is fine, I suppose..International players are nice, regardless of race, tbh..

It's the White American players that should cause skepticism..there's a reason the % of White American players in the NBA has dropped nearly 30% since the 80s(and replaced by Euros/International players), basketball just isn't their sport..with the widespreadreach of scouting and resources available to teams today, pure talent/ability is more important than ever..

This isn't the 80s, where a team like the Celtics could win multiple titles:lmao

apalisoc_9
07-30-2016, 02:26 PM

Boom

tholdren
07-30-2016, 04:04 PM
Only 1 rotation White American player(if Lee cracks the rotation, which he probably will), which is fine, I suppose..International players are nice, regardless of race, tbh..

It's the White American players that should cause skepticism..there's a reason the % of White American players in the NBA has dropped nearly 30% since the 80s(and replaced by Euros/International players), basketball just isn't their sport..with the widespreadreach of scouting and resources available to teams today, pure talent/ability is more important than ever..

This isn't the 80s, where a team like the Celtics could win multiple titles:lmao
tbh its probably more profitable to own the team. Great work with the racism though. Keep it in Canada

From Downtown
07-30-2016, 04:27 PM

We had Manu, Splitter, Baynes, Bonner and Beli in '14 tbf

Uriel
07-31-2016, 11:22 AM
Not counting Hispanic/Latino, mixed or unlikely to be re-signed/make the team, it's basically Lee and Bertans . . . not that it matters.

I don't know why ignorant white people think the tone of a mixed players skin makes them any more black than white or white than black.

I've also never understood why ethnics, who were born and/or raised in the U.S., are referred to as (insert ethnicity)-American, but whites just get to be described as Americans. Either refer to them as European-American or refer to everyone as Americans.
:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu

Racspur1
07-31-2016, 01:25 PM
Now adding Shawn Bradley would trump all-time whitest team in NBA History !!!!:hat Even if he was the only white guy on the team !!!:stirpot:

PingPong
07-31-2016, 05:12 PM

Tiago is from one of most whitest cities of Brazil. 90% are White and only 1,64% are black. Most of the White people are have german descent.

Spurtacular
07-31-2016, 06:03 PM
The 96 Bulls and 86 C's were both quite white; just sayin.'

Spurtacular
07-31-2016, 06:04 PM
Pau
Lee
Manu
Bertans
Arcidiacono
Bonner

Arci will be a d-leaguer.

z0sa
08-01-2016, 12:35 AM
:cry unretire Timmy, we need more street cred :cry

DAF86
08-01-2016, 01:27 AM

Why wouldn't you count them? :lol

z0sa
08-01-2016, 04:10 AM

So the nazis killed a bunch of fellow master racers?

Mikeanaro
08-01-2016, 12:35 PM
So the nazis killed a bunch of fellow master racers?
Nazis went to Brazil and Argentina after WWII escaping from Europe and they had lots of goods (treasures, paintings, gold, etc) to pay locals and have a quiet life so more than killing they had to give up things in order to live.
I dont think they killed fellow master racers, tbh.

TD 21
08-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Why wouldn't you count them? :lol

Why would you count them? :lol

PingPong
08-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Since jewish isn't a race, there are different ethnicities, like ashkenazi (the White ones), sephardic (the black haired arab-looking, the moors, most of them from Spain, Portugal, South of Italy), the Mizrahi (most from the Middle Eastern) and even black jews from Nigeria.

DAF86
08-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Why would you count them? :lol

Mmh, maybe 'cause they are white? You see, here you are being just as ignorant as the folks you bitch about in the post I quoted. Just like there's black americans and white americans. There's also white and black latinos/hispanic. For ex: Manu, Gasol, and Garino are white latinos.

So the next time you decide to bitch about the ignorance of others, try to see if you are not doing the same shit, tbh.

TD 21
08-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Mmh, maybe 'cause they are white? You see, here you are being just as ignorant as the folks you bitch about in the post I quoted. Just like there's black americans and white americans. There's also white and black latinos/hispanic. For ex: Manu, Gasol, and Garino are white latinos.

So the next time you decide to bitch about the ignorance of others, try to see if you are not doing the same shit, tbh.

Maybe so, but I differentiate between them and white Americans, the same way I would a West Indian and an African.

DAF86
08-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Maybe so, but I differentiate between them and white Americans, the same way I would a West Indian and an African.

Then you should have said this instead of "why would you count them? :lol", acting like leaving them out was the rational thing to do and that you didn't understand why would somebody count those players on a list of "white Spurs players". :lol

LittleCriminal
08-01-2016, 06:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJvm1E9UYAAAlG7.jpg

Thought this was kinda funny..

Mikeanaro
08-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Thats dumb since we are in the same continent, its called ¨America¨ and it has 3 divisions but it still one big continent, we have white people and darker ones as much as you have lots of black people and mexicans.
According to your logic North Americans are not that white because they are full of black people.

cutewizard
08-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Mchale had sick footwork........

I wonder who is the better player in the post, McHale or Olajuwon? Who would you take guys?