PDA

View Full Version : Take this test to see how much of a Liberal or Conservative you are

daslicer
07-30-2016, 11:15 PM
I thought this test was pretty cool. It rates how Liberal or Conversvative you are by answering 27 simple questions.

http://chartsme.com/

baseline bum
07-30-2016, 11:20 PM
That's a weird test. I got rated a democrat, 44% conservative and 56% liberal.

ElNono
07-30-2016, 11:21 PM
I've got 40% Conservative, 60% Liberal, tbh...

ElNono
07-30-2016, 11:23 PM
FWIW:

How does this work? A 2014 study (http://www.cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822%2814%2901213-5?_returnURL=http%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com% 2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS0960982214012135%3Fshowall%3Dt rue) concluded that people who were more prone to disgust are more conservative and tend to align with the republican party. But, why?

Some scientists believe it's ancestral and that the adverse reactions were used to protect primitive ancestors from contamination and disease. This way a person wouldn't confuse drinking water with dirty pond scum.

The study measured participants' brain response to "disgusting" imagery using an MRI. The study could predict party affiliation with up to 98% confidence. The questionaire on chartsme.com uses Jonathan Haidt's disgust scale (http://people.stern.nyu.edu/jhaidt/disgustscale.html) in lieu of MRI and imagery, so results are likely far less accurate. Watch TED Talk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YL3LT1ZvOM) to learn more or read "Yuck!: The Nature and Moral Significance of Disgust" (http://amzn.to/2azhHCG).

rmt
07-30-2016, 11:37 PM

That's exactly what I got and I'm definitely not a democrat or liberal. Just because I'm not squeamish or prone to disgust doesn't mean that I'm liberal. This test would have a lot of females as conservatives and a lot of males as liberals/Democrats.

Chinook
07-31-2016, 12:33 AM
61/39 liberal and Democrat. Wouldn't describe myself that way, but whatever.

Warlord23
07-31-2016, 04:58 AM
I got 75% liberal.

I'm guessing this is based on that brain study which indicated that conservatives have a larger amygdala (responsible for emotional reactions, fear, anxiety etc) while liberals have a larger anterior cingulate cortex (responsible for conflict resolution, error detection, modulating emotions etc)

Bender
07-31-2016, 09:41 AM
I got the exact same.

I clicked "I don't agree" afterwards.

CosmicCowboy
07-31-2016, 10:22 AM
18% conservative and my brain is a democrat

:lmao

what bullshit

Bender
07-31-2016, 10:30 AM
maybe that's the plan. Conservatives take these online "tests" and are told they're closet Dems.

StrengthAndHonor
07-31-2016, 10:44 AM
42% Conservative...I'm a democrat apparently :lol

Th'Pusher
07-31-2016, 10:49 AM
18% conservative and my brain is a democrat

:lmao

what bullshit

Well your amygdala can be seen from space...

pgardn
07-31-2016, 10:57 AM

Same.

I have a lot of disgust with all the human stuff with a few exceptions. If I need to potty, I need to potty seat be damned.

Rats and and coochroaches and such, nothing.

Why the hell would seeing a person eat an apple with various forms of silverware illicit anything but curiosity? I would want to watch this except with a pocket knife as I have seen this too often.

pgardn
07-31-2016, 10:59 AM
I got the exact same.

I clicked "I don't agree" afterwards.

I clicked agree.

pgardn
07-31-2016, 11:06 AM
jesus Christ you're so fucking stupid that answering questions honestly, revealing that you are nothing more than a piece of shit brain washed mongoloid who requires their thinking done for them, upsets you because you might upset the fucking brain that thinks for you.

A truer sign that you need to kill yourself has never been provided

So this means you want her number.

CosmicCowboy
07-31-2016, 11:49 AM
child predators come in all shapes sizes and philosophies, cocksucker

Has mommy bought your school supplies yet?

You might want to lose the hello kitty backpack before you go to high school.

Wild Cobra
07-31-2016, 12:40 PM
What a stupid test. Based on disgust...

spurraider21
07-31-2016, 01:50 PM
so apparently everybody here got liberal democrat? :lol nice test

Spurminator
07-31-2016, 02:01 PM
I got Jon Snow.

baseline bum
07-31-2016, 02:15 PM
:lol Today's political tests

CosmicCowboy
07-31-2016, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=CosmicCowboy;8692180]Has mommy bought your school supplies yet?

You might want to lose the hello kitty backpack before you go to high school.[/QUOTE

it is very uncomfortable that you project your pedophillia towards me. I am not a child, so I am way way too old for you to obsess over and stalk

double post

CosmicCowboy
07-31-2016, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=CosmicCowboy;8692180]Has mommy bought your school supplies yet?

You might want to lose the hello kitty backpack before you go to high school.[/QUOTE

it is very uncomfortable that you project your pedophillia towards me. I am not a child, so I am way way too old for you to obsess over and stalk

why do you act like a middle school punk then? You act like a little pussy that gets picked on at school who has an online alter ego as a bad ass cyber bully. You would probably crap your pants if you actually met one of us in person.

And FWIW all I feel for you is disgust at your immaturity.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-31-2016, 03:31 PM
why do you act like a middle school punk then? You act like a little pussy that gets picked on at school who has an online alter ego as a bad ass cyber bully. You would probably crap your pants if you actually met one of us in person.

And FWIW all I feel for you is disgust at your immaturity.

Is this supposed to be ironic satire?

TheGreatYacht
07-31-2016, 08:22 PM
I purposely answered each question like a scared pussy would and got 94% Repug

Reck
07-31-2016, 08:42 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2h3scup.jpg

I ain't mad.

Reck
07-31-2016, 08:46 PM
Why the hell would seeing a person eat an apple with various forms of silverware illicit anything but curiosity? I would want to watch this except with a pocket knife as I have seen this too often.

That reminded me of John Kasich eating a slice of pizza with a fork. I wasn't disgusted. Just thought it was kind of gay. :lol

Reck
07-31-2016, 09:03 PM
This is a much better in-depth test..

http://www.isidewith.com/

It's a long quiz but it gets it right.

pgardn
07-31-2016, 09:58 PM
I purposely answered each question like a scared pussy would and got 94% Repug

So you answered that watching a person eat an apple with knife and fork as highly disgusting...or disturbing.

Out of all the questions this struck me as very odd.

I guess people freak out on table manners. I would really like to watch someone try this in front of an audience and see who freaks. Pull these people out and then proceed to tickle a head of lettuce with a feather or some such bizzare act perpetrated on vegetable or fruit. Plant Phobias are really interesting.

TheGreatYacht
07-31-2016, 10:05 PM
So you answered that watching a person eat an apple with knife and fork as highly disgusting...or disturbing.

Out of all the questions this struck me as very odd.

I guess people freak out on table manners. I would really like to watch someone try this in front of an audience and see who freaks. Pull these people out and then proceed to tickle a head of lettuce with a feather or some such bizzare act perpetrated on vegetable or fruit. Plant Phobias are really interesting.
The only phobia I have is beisbolphobia, tbh

pgardn
07-31-2016, 10:15 PM
That reminded me of John Kasich eating a slice of pizza with a fork. I wasn't disgusted. Just thought it was kind of gay. :lol

I see it as wasted effort so I would like to watch it and be allowed to ask questions.
It reminds me of a Spurs46 type query to Avante.

pgardn
07-31-2016, 10:18 PM
The only phobia I have is beisbolphobia, tbh

ItS a great nap time sport.

I like going to games because you can watch casually and get some fairly cheap beer. Big groups at baseball can be fun. Sneak in with the Lutherian Church group and have them feed me.

z0sa
07-31-2016, 10:48 PM
64 percent liberal, which for some reason, makes me a democrat.

rmt
08-01-2016, 01:30 AM
I used to listen to baseball (mostly Atlanta Braves) on the radio - didn't have TV back then in college.

xXx
08-01-2016, 01:40 AM
I was 69 percent liberal. Which I don't mind. It's probably accurate. But my bad word is democrat.

z0sa
08-01-2016, 02:31 AM
I was 69 percent liberal. Which I don't mind. It's probably accurate. But my bad word is democrat.

Same here. Liberal and conservative are wide spectrums. You dont to be a republican to be a conservative. Same for liberals being democrats. This country's addiction to partylining must and will end eventually - either by the will of the democratic process or by an eventual neoliberal/neoconservative coalition operating for all intents and purposes as one single entity (the path of least resistance).

I fully expect the latter to occur. The establishment on both sides can fume all it wants, but in reality, the neolibs and neocons differ only extraneous social issues like abortion which affect very few people directly.

Bith establishments want TPP or did want it (so they say now), therefore both sides have all but rubberstamped approval of the use of slave labor and the exportation of American manufacturing for generations to come.

Both sides are totally cool with an endless war against uncertain foes and are willing to spend trillions with absolutely no reasonable expectation of a return on the lives and materiel lost.

Both establishments are beholden to Wall Street, in some capacity, proven by the bipartisan bailouts.

Majorities of both sides consider subversion of the Bill of Rights a no brainer on the vast majority of issues under the guise of war powers.

xXx
08-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Same here. Liberal and conservative are wide spectrums. You dont to be a republican to be a conservative. Same for liberals being democrats. This country's addiction to partylining must and will end eventually - either by the will of the democratic process or by an eventual neoliberal/neoconservative coalition operating for all intents and purposes as one single entity (the path of least resistance).

I fully expect the latter to occur. The establishment on both sides can fume all it wants, but in reality, the neolibs and neocons differ only extraneous social issues like abortion which affect very few people directly.

Bith establishments want TPP or did want it (so they say now), therefore both sides have all but rubberstamped approval of the use of slave labor and the exportation of American manufacturing for generations to come.

Both sides are totally cool with an endless war against uncertain foes and are willing to spend trillions with absolutely no reasonable expectation of a return on the lives and materiel lost.

Both establishments are beholden to Wall Street, in some capacity, proven by the bipartisan bailouts.

Majorities of both sides consider subversion of the Bill of Rights a no brainer on the vast majority of issues under the guise of war powers.

Awesome post. Very informative. Thanks.

All Mighty Janitor
08-03-2016, 06:25 PM

Absolutely true. To get a real assessment you need to take a test like this.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Iefy2Y-Oi38/VZ6IWOZqhmI/AAAAAAAABwE/rmzd9Px5OOg/s1600/political_compass.jpg

It's much more informative.

baseline bum
08-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Yay what an election, two rightwing authoritarians to choose from.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/images/us2016.png

Wild Cobra
08-03-2016, 07:34 PM
I don't recall seeing a political test that I thought was put together well.