PDA

View Full Version : Vice Principals HBO

FkLA
07-31-2016, 11:18 PM
:tu :tu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qerpkmHGvuE

DJR210
08-01-2016, 09:24 AM
As a fan of Danny McBride and Jody Hill's work dating back to The Foot Fist way, I gotta say I don't really find Vice Principals very funny..

Dirk Oneanddoneski
08-01-2016, 07:32 PM
I think it has potential do any of you watch Silicon Valley?

JMarkJohns
08-01-2016, 07:40 PM
I've enjoyed it, but not loved it like I'd hoped. But upside is there.

Silicon Valley has just enough popular culture/obvious tech humor that I watch, but I'm not near nerd enough to fully appreciate its humor. The plot and characters are pretty great.

But I only watched through season 2. I'm just starting season 3.

DJR210
08-01-2016, 09:59 PM
Check this out, you'll like it..

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/06/Foot_fist_way.jpg/220px-Foot_fist_way.jpg

FkLA
08-01-2016, 11:42 PM
McBride is the reason I decided to give VPs a shot, since I thought he was hilarious in Eastbound and Down. He's still been good but for me the Russell character has been stealing the show. That guy is funny as shit imho.

-21-
08-02-2016, 01:32 AM

Hell yeah! Silicon Valley is great.

benefactor
08-02-2016, 06:19 AM
As a fan of Danny McBride and Jody Hill's work dating back to The Foot Fist way, I gotta say I don't really find Vice Principals very funny..
First episode felt a bit forced. I just couldn't get on board.

DJR210
08-02-2016, 06:27 AM

Exactly.. Forced is def what it feels like. McBride as a leading man works with somebody else to compliment him, but this southern fag that is beefing/working with him isn't a good fit IMO

McBride is the reason I decided to give VPs a shot, since I thought he was hilarious in Eastbound and Down.

He's great in Eastbound and Down, great in This Is The End, he even has great cameo in Due Date too

leemajors
08-02-2016, 06:31 AM

second ep was a lot better, third ep was ok

Spur-Addict
08-02-2016, 10:54 AM
This series sucks. I've watched all three episodes and only the third had any points that were somewhat comical.

leemajors
08-02-2016, 12:43 PM
This series sucks. I've watched all three episodes and only the third had any points that were somewhat comical.

the writing so far was not very good. I thought it got good in the second episode when they teamed up (trashing the house was funny imo), then had a totally divergent third episode where Goggins wasn't even in it.

Spur-Addict
08-02-2016, 01:05 PM
the writing so far was not very good. I thought it got good in the second episode when they teamed up (trashing the house was funny imo), then had a totally divergent third episode where Goggins wasn't even in it.

The house scene was one of the better moments in that episode.

Spoiler Alert:

The field trip in the third episode I thought had a couple moments: Surname on the bus, picture scene at the 1600's recreation. I forgot which episode (I think it was the third), where Gamby was hit with food in the cafeteria :lol. But overall it's pretty bad.

leemajors
08-02-2016, 01:10 PM
The house scene was one of the better moments in that episode.

Spoiler Alert:

The field trip in the third episode I thought had a couple moments: Surname on the bus, picture scene at the 1600's recreation. I forgot which episode (I think it was the third), where Gamby was hit with food in the cafeteria :lol. But overall it's pretty bad.

yeah it's just really uneven overall. Eastbound and Down was too at times, but this one hasn't overcome that yet.

DJR210
08-02-2016, 03:46 PM
I just get a kick out of the improv Danny McBride shit.. his mannerisms and stupid ass insults have still been top notch

FkLA
08-02-2016, 04:01 PM
I just get a kick out of the improv Danny McBride shit.. his mannerisms and stupid ass insults have still been top notch

:lol Same. Dude is funny as shit. I hadn't seen much of the guy that plays Russell but he's up there too.

Its stupid ass humor so it's nitpicky to complain about storylines or writing imo. Plenty of other shows on HBO that provide that. VP for me is just when I want to sit on the couch and laugh over some stupid ass shit tbh.

DJR210
08-02-2016, 04:04 PM
:lol Same. Dude is funny as shit. I hadn't seen much of the guy that plays Russell but he's up there too.

Its stupid ass humor so it's nitpicky to complain about storylines or writing imo. Plenty of other shows on HBO that provide that. VP for me is just when I want to sit on the couch and laugh over some stupid ass shit tbh.

Yeah, I honestly think my issue is I just don't care for the cast. Eastbound and Down is not a writing masterpiece either, but they cast a pretty good group on that one. Characters like Ashley Schaeffer went a long way

leemajors
08-02-2016, 05:12 PM

It'll be interesting to see him in the Alien: Covenant

leemajors
08-02-2016, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I honestly think my issue is I just don't care for the cast. Eastbound and Down is not a writing masterpiece either, but they cast a pretty good group on that one. Characters like Ashley Schaeffer went a long way

The first season sure as hell was.

Darius McCrary
08-03-2016, 01:58 PM
I think it's funny. Vulgar, no brainer, straight forward trash humor.

I like how Danny is the straight guy and the guy with the big forehead is the mean one :lol
The house scene in episode 2 had me dying. Not too many rated R trash humor series on right now, this has to be the best one on right now. So it's an easy 25 minute watch.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
08-03-2016, 02:12 PM

That Russell guy was on an all time great show called The Shield and another called Justified but much more serious roles

leemajors
08-03-2016, 02:19 PM
That Russell guy was on an all time great show called The Shield and another called Justified but much more serious roles

He was hilarious in one episode of Community where he aped Chevy Chase as his lawyer reading his will :lol

Also gonna be in Westworld, which is finally coming out in Oct.

Spur-Addict
08-03-2016, 02:26 PM
He was hilarious in one episode of Community where he aped Chevy Chase as his lawyer reading his will :lol

Also gonna be in Westworld, which is finally coming out in Oct.

Westworld looks great. Well, the trailer does at least.

Spur|n|Austin
08-03-2016, 11:21 PM

Great show, Mike Judge has yet to do anything I haven't liked.

gambit1990
08-03-2016, 11:31 PM
mcbride is my favorite actor. and i'm a fan of his costar from justified. barely laughed while watching the trailer. really don't have any intention of watching the series because of it. eastbound & down was THE SHIT though.

gambit1990
08-03-2016, 11:35 PM
It'll be interesting to see him in the Alien: Covenant
i had no idea that was happening. really glad for him. he'll do great. i hope this vice principals shit doesn't hurt his career too much.

DJR210
08-04-2016, 09:25 AM
mcbride is my favorite actor. and i'm a fan of his costar from justified. barely laughed while watching the trailer. really don't have any intention of watching the series because of it. eastbound & down was THE SHIT though.

Yup, and the good thing is I still have season 3 stashed away in my backlog ready to binge

baseline bum
08-06-2016, 10:01 AM

I loved him in Eastbound and Down, but the writing felt so uneven on that show. Season 1 with him teaching and living in his brother's house was incredible the whole way. Season 2 was feast or famine, some of it was really bad but then it got hilarious in the later episodes with the singer. LOL I thought you were the whore with a heart of gold but now I see it's a whore's heart. :lol I don't even remember much of Season 3 other than Maria moving a bunch of old Mexicans in her house and she and Steve having all these fucked up kids, but I was pretty underwhelmed. Season 4 was pretty strong again though.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-06-2016, 01:02 PM
2 and 3 were very hit or miss
But the flash forward with season 4 was absolutely brilliant.

Over all, eastbound was a great show.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-06-2016, 01:03 PM
Speaking of Mcbride, he directed episode 3.
I was impressed there were a few really good shots in the field trip episode.

FkLA
09-18-2016, 10:09 PM
holy shit at the season finale, that was some dark shit for a show that's supposed to be all humor

gamby :cry

LittleCriminal
09-19-2016, 02:07 PM
For me..
The show started off well but then kinda nosedives.
Wtf is up with Mrs. Brown?
They stereotyped her ass real quick.
That whole Brown Family is stereotyped now that i think about it.

LaMarcus Bryant
09-20-2016, 03:57 PM
The show started well, kinda sputtered, but last 3 episodes or so were flat out great