PDA

View Full Version : Can you really be a Jazz expert without having been to New Orleans?

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Hypothetical question.

Of course one could learn all the names, dates, and facts, etc. But can one really...truly be an expert without having gone to the Big Easy and listened and talked with the living, breathing musicians that make this music?
Can you be a blues expert without ever having had a beer in a juke joint in Mississippi while a three piece of locals are laying it down?

Can one really be a track expert without having ran a 20 second 200?

Knowledge without experience is empty indeed.

pgardn
08-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Hypothetical question.

Of course one could learn all the names, dates, and facts, etc. But can one really...truly be an expert without having gone to the Big Easy and listened and talked with the living, breathing musicians that make this music?
Can you be a blues expert without ever having had a beer in a juke joint in Mississippi while a three piece of locals are laying it down?

Indeed.

Avante
08-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Hypothetical question.

Black guy named Leroy Brown lives in Greenwood Mississippi today, he is the bouncer at a little juke joint on the outskirts of town. On Friday and Saturday nights the joint is jumping. All the local blues cats like Guitar Welch, Smokey Hogg, Hogman Maxey, Hambone Willie Newberne, Babe Stovall, Grover "Big Eyes" Smith and others love to play there because of the pay and the women. And, the best moonshine in Mississippi.

Leroy has heard them all. And he himself can blow some harmonica.

Avante...hey Leroy.
Leroy...hey
Avante...what can ya tell me about those St. Louis piano players Roosdevelt Sykes, Walter Davis, Peetie Wheatstraw?
Leroy...never heard of them.
Avante...I see..hgmmm? Can ya talk them Texass blues, ya know Blind Lemon Jeffeson, Texas Alexander, Little Hat Jones, Boobie Cadillac, Funny Papa Smith, Black Boy Shine, Black Ace, Black Ivory King?
Leroy...who?
Avante...hmmm? Well how about the first Mississippi blues cats like....Charley Patton, Son House, Willie Brown, Rube Lacy, Geechie Willey, Kid Bailey, Tommy Johnson, Uncle Bud Walker, Mattie Delaney, Ishman Bracey, Freddie Spruell, Bukka White, Bo Carter, Skip James, Mississippi Moaner, Mississippi John Hurt, Mississippi Bracey, Garfield Akers, Joe Callicott, Louis Johnson, Tommy McClennan, Sonny Boy Nelson, Rosie May Moore, Cryin' Sam Colins, Big Joe Williams and Robert Johnson
Leroy..I have heard of that last one, Robert Johnson, he was killed somewhere around here, right?
Avante...good one Leroy.

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Black guy named Leroy Brown lives in Greenwood Mississippi today, he is the bouncer at a little juke joint on the outskirts of town. On Friday and Saturday nights the joint is jumping. All the loical blues cats like Guitar Welcg, Smokey Hogg, Hogman Maxey, Hambone Willie Newberrne, Babe Stovall, Grover "Big Eyes" Smith and others love to play there because of the pay and the women.

Avante...hey Leroy.
Leroy...hey
Avante...what can ya tell me about those St. Louis piano players Roosdevelt Sykes, Walter Davis, Peetie Wheatstraw?
Avante...I see..hgmmm? Can ya talk them Texass blues, ya know Blind Lemon Jeffeson, Texas Alexander, Little Hat Jones, Boobie Cadillac, Funny Papa Smith, Black Boy Shine, Black Ace, Black Ivory King?
Leroy...who?
Avante...hmmm? Well how about the first Mississippi blues cats like....Charley Patton, Son House, Willie Brown, Rube Lacy, Geechie Willey, Kid Bailey, Tommy Johnson, Uncle Bud Walker, Mattie Delaney, Ishman Bracey, Freddie Spruell, Bukka White, Bo Carter, Skip James, Mississippi Moaner, Mississippi John Hurt, Mississippi Bracey, Garfield Akers, Joe Callicott, Louis Johnson, Tommy McClennan, Sonny Boy Nelson, Rosie May Moore, Cryin' Sam Colins, Big Joe Williams and Robert Johnson
Leroy..I have heard of that last one, Robert Johnson, he was killed somewhere around here, right?
Avante...good one Leroy.

Again...all your knowledge is second hand. If you haven't heard live New Orleans Jazz or Delta Blues, you really are deficient if you purport yourself to be an expert.

Avante
08-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Again...all your knowledge is second hand. If you haven't heard live New Orleans Jazz or Delta Blues, you really are deficient if you purport yourself to be an expert.

Who would you rather talk to about the blues, an old bluesman who plays a fantastic slide that knows...0...about the history of the music, blues outside his county, female singers, piano blues, or anything about the recording artists, or a guy like myself?

Howe many history teachers fought in the cival war?

I. Hustle
08-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Indubitably

DisAsTerBot
08-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Black guy named Leroy Brown lives in Greenwood Mississippi today, he is the bouncer at a little juke joint on the outskirts of town. On Friday and Saturday nights the joint is jumping. All the local blues cats like Guitar Welch, Smokey Hogg, Hogman Maxey, Hambone Willie Newberne, Babe Stovall, Grover "Big Eyes" Smith and others love to play there because of the pay and the women. And, the best moonshine in Mississippi.

Avante...hey Leroy.
Leroy...hey
Leroy...who?
Avante...good one Leroy.

jesus christ that's how you converse in real life? The dude was obviously trying to get rid of you. I can only imagine the way he tells it.

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Shit, you ask a bouncer? Too many bouncers are bouncers because they are too fucking stupid for shit else. No wonder ya got shitty responses. You and Judy ready for slavery bitch tbqfh hoe?

Avante
08-01-2016, 12:54 PM
jesus christ that's how you converse in real life? The dude was obviously trying to get rid of you. I can only imagine the way he tells it.

Actually, all Leroy could talk was Greenwood Miss blues.

Avante
08-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Shit, you ask a bouncer? Too many bouncers are bouncers because they are too fucking stupid for shit else. No wonder ya got shitty responses. You and Judy ready for slavery bitch tbqfh hoe?

Totally missed the point didn't ya stupid?

Avante
08-01-2016, 12:57 PM
So unless you fought in WORLD WAR 1 you can't know shit about it, right?

So unless you have played in the NFL you can;t know shit about it, right?

So how can ayone talk about The Beatles if they didn't play in the band?

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Totally missed the point didn't ya stupid?

Judy is gonna be the new Aunt Jemima with a pancake ass tho , you got that hoe? Hope you are gettin fit bitch.

08-01-2016, 12:59 PM
I don't see how that would be possible. It's as ludicrous as someone who only ran a 25 second 200m claiming to be a track and field expert.

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:00 PM
Judy is gonna be the new Aunt Jemima with a pancake ass tho , you got that hoe? Hope you are gettin fit bitch.

Little man, do your parents know you are on their computer?

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:02 PM
I don't see how that would be possible. It's as ludicrous as someone who only ran a 25 second 200m claiming to be a track and field expert.

How can a judge make jugdements for killers unless he killed somebody, right ya stupid fuck?

pgardn
08-01-2016, 01:03 PM
I would never read a book by any expert in music that had not been to the places 'these cats played'.

Never.

So I stick with Spurs46

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 01:09 PM
So unless you fought in WORLD WAR 1 you can't know shit about it, right?

So unless you have played in the NFL you can;t know shit about it, right?

So how can ayone talk about The Beatles if they didn't play in the band?

Remember you tried talkin' the HOLY BIBLE and didnt even know the Most High, the Main Guy in the book was black as a motherfucker? That was funny as shit you bitch. Did judy find it funny you got stuffed at the line? And shes gonna be treated great dont worry, yep---house slave.

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:11 PM
I would never read a book by any expert in music that had not been to the places 'these cats played'.

Never.

So I stick with Spurs46

So you would never read a western about the old west, written by anyone who wasn't there....right? So unless the author was in Berlin Germany in 1936 he can't write about Jesse Owens and those Olympic games, right?

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Remember you tried talkin' the HOLY BIBLE and didnt even know the Most High, the Main Guy in the book was black as a motherfucker? That was funny as shit you bitch. Did judy find it funny you got stuffed at the line? And shes gonna be treated great dont worry, yep---house slave.

Stupid, if you think Jesus was black you are beyond retarded, got it?

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Stupid, if you think Jesus was black you are beyond retarded, got it?

What color was he then you bitch hoe?

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Tell judy the Most High wants her to know okay????

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:24 PM
What color was he then you bitch hoe?

Stupid, there was no Jesus, ok ya dumb fuck?

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Stupid, there was no Jesus, ok ya dumb fuck?

So why pretend you have read the book? Full of shit 'big time reader'

lol big time reader lol

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:31 PM
So why pretend you have read the book? Full of shit 'big time reader'

lol big time reader lol

Stupid, I have also read about...

Conan
Thor
Hercules
Thongor
Kane
Brak
The Grey Mouser
Fu Manchu
Tarzan
Kyrik
Elric of Melniborn

...guess what faggot?

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Did you learn about the Most High the same way you learned about muslims etc. ?

By way of a cd set? lol

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Stupid, I have also read about...

Conan
Thor
Hercules
Thongor
Kane
Brak
The Grey Mouser
Fu Manchu
Tarzan
Kyrik
Elric of Melniborn

...guess what faggot?

No you have not y xinga 2 puta madre oquei??

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Did you learn about the Most High the same way you learned about muslims etc. ?

By way of a cd set? lol

22 bbooks and a CD set about the origins of Islam.

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 01:35 PM
22 bbooks and a CD set about the origins of Islam.

That explains why you dont know fuckshit about The Holy Bible.

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:36 PM
No you have not y xinga 2 puta madre oquei??

Yes I have, I actually own all the REH Conans.

I forgot to mention.

Solomon Kane
King Kull
El Borak

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:37 PM
That explains why you dont know fuckshit about The Holy Bible.

Anyone saying Jesus was black needs to never say shit about the Bible, dude, just how stupid are you?

08-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Anyone saying Jesus was black needs to never say shit about the Bible, dude, just how stupid are you?
So racist, wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:44 PM
So racist, wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever seen me say anything about race that wasn't true?

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Who would you rather talk to about the blues, an old bluesman who plays a fantastic slide that knows...0...about the history of the music, blues outside his county, female singers, piano blues, or anything about the recording artists, or a guy like myself?

Howe many history teachers fought in the cival war?

The big difference being that you can still go sit in Preservation Hall and listen to live Jazz from...yep...live Jazz musicians. Some of them descended from the original cats. And analogizing history with art is just madcap.

Trainwreck2100
08-01-2016, 01:51 PM
This is a rhetorical question as nobody would claim to be a jazz expert without having been to new Orleans

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 01:53 PM
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, TO SHEWunto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:2 Who bare RECORD OF THE WORD OF GOD, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me? a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks ?ONE LIKE UNTO THE SON OF MAN , clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass as if they BURNED IN A FURNACE; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

I have skin like fine brass, (brown) but the Most Highs skin is darker, it was as if burned in a furnace so is he a honkey like you avante?

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 01:56 PM
This is a rhetorical question as nobody would claim to be a jazz expert without having been to new Orleans

Nobody "should" claim that.

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:56 PM
The big difference being that you can still go sit in Preservation Hall and listen to live Jazz from...yep...live Jazz musicians. Some of them descended from the original cats. And analogizing history with art is just madcap.

Blind Lemon Jefferson first recorded in 1926 by 1930 he was dead. I have heard all his recordings and own most of them. I have read all there is about his life. Noway I had to have been from Texas (where he was born and raised) and have heard him play "LIVE" to know all about him. You disagree?

I will never play in the NFL, be an MMAer or run in the Olympics , so I can't know all about them....anyway?

Dude, who was there when the Angel Gabriel confronted Mohammad in that cave on the mountain, well? Does that stop billions from following Islam today?

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:57 PM
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, TO SHEWunto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:2 Who bare RECORD OF THE WORD OF GOD, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me? a great voice, as of a trumpet,

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks ?ONE LIKE UNTO THE SON OF MAN , clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
15 And his feet like unto fine brass as if they BURNED IN A FURNACE; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

I have skin like fine brass, (brown) but the Most Highs skin is darker, it was burned in a furnace so is he a honkey like you avante?

translation

I'm retarded..

Avante
08-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Nobody "should" claim that.

Never saw Jesse Owens run, yet know his total/complete athletic history.

Teachers teaching history class....how????

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 02:02 PM
translation

I'm retarded..

Just say judy and yourself REJECT the HOLY BIBLE that would be accurate. I showed you but honkey denial is in your genetics.

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Blind Lemon Jefferson first recorded in 1926 by 1930 he was dead. I have heard all his recordings and own most of them. I have read all there is about his life. Noway I had to have been from Texas (where he was born and raised) and have heard him play "LIVE" to know all about him. You disagree?

I will never play in the NFL, be an MMAer or run in the Olympics , so I can't know all about them....anyway?

Dude, who was there when the Angel Gabriel confronted Mohammad in that cave on the mountain, well? Does that stop billions from following Islam today?

I think if I were you and had all this spare time and some extra income from NFL bets, I would take a week and go down South and check out some live Jazz/Blues. Are you on travel restrictions with your PO?

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Avante was Moses Black as a motherfucker too..? How bout you go fetch judy and she can answer for you. You obviously didnt read the Holy Bible yet find time for 22 books on islam and even a cd set. --a cd set bro. You find time for islam but reject the BIBLE. Fucking big time reader- yeah right lol Now go get judy

I. Hustle
08-01-2016, 02:06 PM
I think if I were you and had all this spare time and some extra income from NFL bets, I would take a week and go down South and check out some live Jazz/Blues. Are you on travel restrictions with your PO?

You're kidding, right? Why would he leave?

The maps shows that the metros where children make up the largest share of the population (the deepest purple areas) are mostly along the West Coast, in inland sections of California and parts of Utah and Idaho...http://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/posts/2015/04/KidMap/ffd04c7b3.jpg

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Never saw Jesse Owens run, yet know his total/complete athletic history.

Teachers teaching history class....how????

If you can't understand the difference between history and art, then you're probably not going to understand anything I try to teach you on either.

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 02:10 PM
You're kidding, right? Why would he leave?

The maps shows that the metros where children make up the largest share of the population (the deepest purple areas) are mostly along the West Coast, in inland sections of California and parts of Utah and Idaho...

Sure. But I bet if you were able to map unsupervised children, you'd find some nice pockets in the deep south.

Avante
08-01-2016, 02:12 PM
If you can't understand the difference between history and art, then you're probably not going to understand anything I try to teach you on either.

If you read that and thought I was talking history with art you're dumber than I thought.

And....I did take History of Art at COS. So lets talk some art, can you?

Let me go get my text book I used.

FINALLY...FINALLY...FINALLY...something you can talk about.

So what period do ya want to start out with?

I. Hustle
Sure. But I bet if you were able to map unsupervised children, you'd find some nice pockets in the deep south.

I bet he likes to put his hands in some pockets of unsupervised children.

Quetzal-X

History and art

Like the honkey whitewashing of the Son of Man during or pre-Renaissance period when the white honkey roman catholic church covered the face of the Judge and painted him white. The popes are some devil motherfuckers.

I. Hustle
08-01-2016, 02:15 PM
History and art

Like the honkey whitewashing of the Son of Man during or pre-Renaissance period when the white honkey roman catholic church covered the face of the Judge and painted him white. The popes are some devil motherfuckers.

Hey, I dislike Avante as much as the next guy but why are you so caught up on that? We already know Avante doesn't really know anything. Why do you stick to that same argument?

08-01-2016, 02:22 PM
That's it. You're finally getting it, little man

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 02:22 PM
If you read that and thought I was talking history with art you're dumber than I thought.

And....I did take History of Art at COS. So lets talk some art, can you?

Let me go get my text book I used.

FINALLY...FINALLY...FINALLY...something you can talk about.

So what period do ya want to start out with?

When I said, "art", I was using it broadly to include music as a subset. But it's the same difference.

But maybe that's your thing. You'd rather know just the facts about music than understand and appreciate it for what it is.

But don't think for a second that it was the lifelong ambition of Pee Pee the Kidnapper or Miles Davis to have played their music and lived their lives just so you could put them in some list.

Quetzal-X
08-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Hey, I dislike Avante as much as the next guy but why are you so caught up on that? We already know Avante doesn't really know anything. Why do you stick to that same argument?

Because i feel like it. The roman catholic and others church forced hundreds of millions Mexicans and Blacks to bow to idols , statues, crosses etc and iow keeping them in violation. By violence. Today ya take a rosary and light that bitch on fire and either you take a beating or get killed. Maybe worse than an American Flag. That idolatry keeps blacks and Mexicans docile and passsive. Just like the slavemasters intended. Fuck the roman catholic church and all its idols and graven images.

Avante
08-01-2016, 02:30 PM
When I said, "art", I was using it broadly to include music as a subset. But it's the same difference.

But maybe that's your thing. You'd rather know just the facts about music than understand and appreciate it for what it is.

But don't think for a second that it was the lifelong ambition of Pee Pee the Kidnapper or Miles Davis to have played their music and lived their lives just so you could put them in some list.

Stupid I play the harmonica and have played with buddies many times. I have talked about that before, damn you're stupid. My dad played the guitar, mom played the piano and I banged on things as my sisters sang, I talked about that before.

Dude, you're level of stupdity really should be illegal.

The great Noah Lewis and this tune the one I used to figure out the harmonica, then it was off to both Sonny Boys, Sonny Terry, and the amazing Little Walter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClC_KizCpQk

No where is Viola Lee mentioned, ha! The Grateful Dead do a great cover,

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 02:36 PM
Stupid I play the harmonica and have played with buddies many times. I have talked about that before, damn you're stupid. My dad played the guitar, mom played the piano and I banged on things as my sisters sang, I talked about that before.

Dude, you're level of stupdity really should be illegal.

The great Noah Lewis and this tune the one I used to figure out the harmonica, then it was off to both Sonny Boys, Sonny Terry, and the amazing Little Walter.

haha. I'm not touching this one.

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 02:36 PM
ah...I can't help it

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 02:37 PM

Did the "harmonica" have just one hole in the tip?

Avante
08-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Did the "harmonica" have just one hole in the tip?

This is where ya need to stay, ok stupid? Do this childish bullshit, it fits you, ok? Stay away from trying to hang with me about anything, as you saw you will take a beating. Dude, you are...does an harmonica have one hole in the tip....that is where you belong, ok?

Ok, see your dumbass in a week.

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 02:49 PM
This is where ya need to stay, ok stupid? Do this childish bullshit, it fits you, ok? Stay away from trying to hang with me about anything, as you saw you will take a beating. Dude, you are...does an harmonica have one hole in the tip....that is where you belong, ok?

Ok, see your dumbass in a week.

uh...just to be clear...you're not coming to my house right?

I. Hustle
08-01-2016, 02:53 PM
uh...just to be clear...you're not coming to my house right?

Did I read that wrong or did it say that he banged his sister and made her sing?

SpursforSix
08-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Did I read that wrong or did it say that he banged his sister and made her sing?

He's living his life with his mind straddling fantasy and his dark reality. We found out that his mom was a "jizz fan". His mind warped this into "jazz fan". His buddies made him give them oral sex and he's mutated this into hanging around and playing the harmonica. His life in the military at the asian bar? Yep...his mind justifying what he's done in the local schoolyards.

I'm not a psychologist (but I probably could be) but there seems to be a lot of things he needs to work through.

pgardn
08-01-2016, 05:32 PM
So you would never read a western about the old west, written by anyone who wasn't there....right? So unless the author was in Berlin Germany in 1936 he can't write about Jesse Owens and those Olympic games, right?

Of course he can.
But if he wants to really know it who does he go to or where does he look for information?

So now if you please, so I can illustrate why the great Spurs46 is more intimately in tune (pun intended) with the subject:

We're you alive during April22-26, 1970?

Avante
08-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Of course he can.
But if he wants to really know it who does he go to or where does he look for information?

So now if you please, so I can illustrate why the great Spurs46 is more intimately in tune (pun intended) with the subject:

We're you alive during April22-26, 1970?

I was born in 1949.

pgardn
08-01-2016, 05:45 PM
I was born in 1949.

So you were around 21 at the time and theoretically could have been in New Orleans.

Do you know what was going on in New Orleans in Congo square?

Avante
08-01-2016, 05:49 PM
So you were around 21 at the time and theoretical could have been in New Orleans.

Do you know what was going on in New Orleans in Congo square?

I was in Viet Nam at 21 and at 21 knew little about most things. I didn't get into this... need to know... it all until later on in life.

I turned 21 in Hawaii and was at a bar on Wikiki called THE RED NOODLE.

What is your point?

pgardn
08-01-2016, 05:51 PM
I was in Viet Nam at 21 and at that 21 knew little about most things. I didn't get into this... need to know... it all until later on in life.

What is your point?

Do you know the definition of theoretical so I don't lose you?

Avante
08-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Do you know the definition of theoretical so I don't lose you?

Do ya know if ya plan on talking to somebody being a smartass punk won't help? You're kind of an asshole aren't ya little guy?

Bottom line fucker is I wasn't in New Orleans, ok?

pgardn
08-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Do ya know if ya plan on talking to somebody being a smartass punk won't help? You're kind of an asshole aren't ya little guy?

Bottom line fucker is I wasn't in New Orleans, ok?

Your mom got you into Jazz but you knew nothing?

Avante
08-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Your mom got you into Jazz but you knew nothing?

I knew a little but nothing like it would become.

What seperates me from others is all those things I can talk about, it's uncanny.

pgardn
08-01-2016, 06:14 PM
1970 in New Orleans one of the great gatherings was born.

Some really great artists were there as well as bands.
This gathering got so big it had to be moved to the NO fairgrounds.

Heard of it?

pgardn
08-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Spurs46....

I knew he would not be able to understand your true prowess in this subject either. I think he has quit on me. But you predicted this.

Avante
08-01-2016, 06:41 PM
1970 in New Orleans one of the great gatherings was born.

Some really great artists were there as well as bands.
This gathering got so big it had to be moved to the NO fairgrounds.

Heard of it?

My intro to jazz was my moms records, Jellyroll Morton, Louis Armstrong, Billiie Holliday, King Oliver, and some that didn't make much of a dent.

Dude, you try so hard to figt this, and it is comical. You can't figure out I have a lot of intersts and know about them, why do you struggle so hard with that? Wjy do you even care?

In 1970 the last thing on my mine was jazz and I have never been DEEP into the music, I am DEPP into the blues. But I do own some jazz, do know about the legends and it's origins,......ok with you?

pgardn
08-01-2016, 06:48 PM
My intro to jazz was my moms records, Jellyroll Morton, Louis Armstrong, Billiie Holliday, King Oliver, and some that didn't make much of a dent.

Dude, you try so hard to figt this, and it is comical. You can't figure out I have a lot of intersts and know about them, why do you struggle so hard with that? Wjy do you even care?

In 1970 the last thing on my mine was jazz and I have never been DEEP into the music, I am DEPP into the blues. But I do own some jazz, do know about the legends and it's origins,......ok with you?

So a simple answer to Spurs46 is you don't know squat about Jazz compared to him.
Just type it then. No need to continue.

You have also let us understand your ignorance in the writing of history and the history of types of music. I don't know much about the NBA collective bargaining agreement. So I read other posters comments. You don't. You are the expert.

Avante
08-01-2016, 06:55 PM
So a simple answer to Spurs46 is you don't know squat about Jazz compared to him.
Just type it then. No need to continue.

You have also let us understand your ignorance in the writing of history and the history of types of music. I don't know much about the NBA collective bargaining agreement. So I read other posters comments. You don't. You are the expert.

I know all about the origins of the music, it's beginnings and the first important jazzmen, so I do know far more than most about the music. I just can't talk the small time, little recorded gems there like I can them blues.

So you're wrong yet again.

The thing is I can also talk blues, hillbillie, reggae, soul, country, R&B, oldies, Appalachian on a whole other level than you or anyone else here.

It;s like the decathlon, some might beat me in one event but I can do it all and they can't.

pgardn
08-01-2016, 07:06 PM
I know all about the origins of the music, it's beginning and the first important jazzmen, so I do know far more than most about the music. I just can't talk the small time, little recorded gems there like I can them blues.

So you're wrong yet again.

No you are wrong. If you play, are there, listen while you are there, and meet all the greats you will make a better book all other things being equal. Yep it helps to listen on old utube videos, but my god man you have no sense of wanting the straight dope. You really don't.

All historians that write about the west today are digging around for archives from people that were there. Some of the best stuff ever written about Nazi Germany was by Albert Shirer, because he was there and had access to documents while imbedded inside Nazi Germany. He personally knew all the most powerful figures.

So again, you are wrong and baffled. We need the primary figures that are there and record otherwise it's a lost cause. Same with music. It always comes back to the people that wrote, performed, and or hung out with the great beginnings that allow us to move forward. The further removed... well it becomes more of a guessing game if the foundations are gone.

Avante
08-01-2016, 07:19 PM
No you are wrong. If you play, are there, listen while you are there, and meet all the greats you will make a better book all other things being equal. Yep it helps to listen on old utube videos, but my god man you have no sense of wanting the straight dope. You really don't.

All historians that write about the west today are digging around for archives from people that were there. Some of the best stuff ever written about Nazi Germany was by Albert Shirer, because he was there and had access to documents while imbedded inside Nazi Germany. He personally knew all the most powerful figures.

So again, you are wrong and baffled. We need the primary figures that are there and record otherwise it's a lost cause. Same with music. It always comes back to the people that wrote, performed, and or hung out with the great beginnings that allow us to move forward. The further removed... well it becomes more of a guessing game if the foundations are gone.

I have never played NFL football yet there has never been any NFL player who can hang with me about the history of HIS game. I do know 100% of the history.

I know all a guy in Cali who has never been to NO can know about jazz. I can talk Charlie Parker, Charley Christian, Coltrane, Monk. I do own "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis. I do own all that 1920's SATCHMO stuff, I do have a lot of Jellyroll Morton. I do have a ton of Billie Holiday.

Can I hang with a blues freak who grew up there and plays in NO bars and wants to know the history, nope. But can he talk football, track, rasslin'...nope~

pgardn
08-01-2016, 07:25 PM
I have never played NFL football yet there has never been any NFL player who can hang with me about the history of HIS game. I do know 100% of history.

I know all a guy in Cali who has never been to NO can know about jazz. I can talk Charlie Parker, Charley Christian, Coltrane, Monk. I do own "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis. I do own all that 1920's SATCHMO stuff, I do have a lot of Jellyroll Morton. I do have a ton of Billie Holiday.

Can I hang with a blues freak who grew up there and plays in NO bars and wants to know the history, nope. But can he talk football, track, rasslin'...nope~

Ok I will buy that you don't have to play. But being in the locker room, practice and getting direct access to all the players and coaches And then comparing your notes to others who have done the same... I will say it again.

I will read that book before yours period end of story. All other things being equal (ability to write, ability to reason, etc...) zBecause ultimately you read exactly who I'm describing that you are not.

Avante
08-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Ok I will buy that you don't have to play. But being in the locker room, practice and getting direct access to all the players and coaches And then comparing your notes to others who have done the same... I will say it again.

I will read that book before yours period end of story. All other things being equal (ability to write, ability to reason, etc...) zBecause ultimately you read exactly who I'm describing that you are not.

Avante....did ya know if ya gain another 340 yards this season ya break the team record held by Scooter Reed?
Young gun....Scooter Reed?

Dude, if I did write a book it would choked full of things nobody else had ever thought about, trust me.

Little man, the first Oakland Raider to have that RAIDER SPEED was a long jumper/sprinter out of Cornell named Irving "Bo" Roberson. In 1960 he would win the Olympic silver medal in the Rome Olympics. He was a 9.4 for Cornell

Then I would go on and talk about Texas Southern speedster Warren Wells....

By the time I got to the 2016, you'd know EVERYTHING about that Al Davis love for speed.

pgardn
08-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Avante....did ya know if ya gain another 340 yards this season ya break the team record held by Scooter Reed?
Young gun....Scooter Reed?

Dude, if I did write a book it would choked full of things nobody else had ever thought about, trust me.

Little man, the first Oakland Raider to have that RAIDER SPEED was a long jumper/sprinter out of Cornell named Irving "Bo" Roberson. In 1960 he would win the Olympic silver medal in the Rome Olympics. He was a 9.4 for Cornell

Then I would go on and talk about Texas Southern speedster Warren Wells....

By the time I got to the 2016, you'd know EVERYTHING about that Al Davis love for speed.

Do you have ANY clue as to how many times this has been stated?
You are regurgitating others themes.

Avante
08-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Do you have ANY clue as to how many times this has been stated?
You are regurgitating others themes.

Now tell me how many do you know who can list ALL those Raider speedsters, what college they went to and what they ran, well? How many can tell you about those Cali state 100m champs that became Raiders, well? How about those 4 Olympic sprinters who were Raiders, well?

Dude, will ever figure this out?

Will you ever come to the realizatiion that NOBODY knows that speed/NFL connection like I do? Why do you fight it?

pgardn
08-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Now tell me how many do you know who can list ALL those Raider speedsters, what college they went to and what they ran, well? How many can tell you about those Cali state 100m champs that became Raiders, well? How about those 4 Olympic sprinters who were Raiders, well?

Dude, will ever figure this out?

Will you ever come to the realizatiion that NOBODY knows that speed/NFL connection like I do? Why do you fight it?

I am not fighting your ability to regurgitate.
You are good at it.

But you are very bad at lying. Which is good actually. Or it just makes you incredibly stupid.

Avante
08-01-2016, 09:43 PM
I am not fighting your ability to regurgitate.
You are good at it.

But you are very bad at lying. Which is good actually. Or it just makes you incredibly stupid.

Are you saying I didn't make the call? Still tying figure out what you are even talking about. Do you even know?

pgardn
08-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Are you saying I didn't make the call? Still tying figure out what you are even talking about. Do you even know?

Not on this board.
No you did not.
And that's what's count.

Sleep.
With guilt.

Avante
08-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Not on this board.
No you did not.
And that's what's count.

Sleep.
With guilt.

Not being able to post a play here doesn't make anyone a liar ok stupid? And I did talk about making that play, right?

Stupid, I didn't lie about anything, and only a dummy like you wouldn't get the situation I was in up there.

Dude, you have the worst case of Avante-itist I have seen. Wow, you got it bad.

Avante
08-02-2016, 10:28 AM
This set is from my library.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgh2GSW8Kws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXbJSzj27JA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YshNhnPmo5k

In his book SATCHMO, Louis Armstrong talks about growing up in the Storyville region of New Orleans. How as a kid he'd lay in his bed at night listening to gun shots and screams, and how the cops simply didn't care as long as it was over in Jiggaboo town. They took this....let those savages kill themselves off.....approach.

Avante
08-02-2016, 10:55 AM
Also from my library.

James Alley is a street in New Orleans. This tune is one of the true classics. Richard "Rabbit" Brown played on New Orleans street corners. This is his masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKHkG0GxA0E

New Orleans Willie Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBt3GmYdNgE

Also from New Orleans, Kid Stormy Weather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSS0OUnq8ic

Avante
08-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Ya can't talk New Orleans and music without talking about The Neville Brothers, Professor Longhair and Dr. John.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O87iUDZGDKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEhI7EQXth4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs0epThTlpw

Avante
08-02-2016, 11:17 AM
Impossible to leave Louisiana talking music without a listen to these MUST listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJePDKmNcrw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3sBAnB_2D0&list=PLHfZYywP97LTnAFhdx0GYBm6 zmGSEO4VS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuOet2mDRM

Avante
08-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Then there was Angola Prison.

Both Lead Belly and Robert Pete Williams were discovered there. And while he never left the prison, Hogman Maxey.

There was a time I thought "House of the Rising Sun" was just a tune The Animals had written and recorded. So I buy a Lead Belly CD, and while listening this comes on.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5tOpyipNJs

Now I knew Lead Belly had died in 1949, so how in the hell? Then the search was on.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AdhY7XQn9Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrM6R0iR5Tw

We also get to hear other convicts Guitar Welch and Otis Webster during this recording session done in the prison, they like Hogman could have been blues recording artists.

Avante
08-02-2016, 12:03 PM
Getting back to "House of the Rising Sun" this is the orginal recording, funny thing is nobody knows who wrote it.

Clarence Ashley one of the legends that high lonesome sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=147kS8O59Qs

This from his debut album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_YBcgzrZWE

Avante
08-02-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm just a Cali guy, never been east of Nevada, as ya can see I don't need to live in the south to know the music. And I can do what you saw above for Texas, St.Louis, Georgia, Alabama, The Piedmont, Tennessee, Appalachian, MoTown, where ever.

With 6000 CD's/tapes, a dozen books on the music, I;m covered.

I saved this guy for last. He was born in New Orleans his 1924 recordings are considered the first blues on record by a male blues man. Not Mississippi, not Texas, not St. Louis, but....Louisiana. (a guy named Ed Andrews from Georgia did record one blues record in 1924 but it sucked and he only had that one record, so he gets forgotten. Not sure why Daddy Stovepiple who recorded in 1924 gets no respect)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSVQAwJH2P4

What is he singing about there?

Why we see a picture of St.Louis piano player (rarely played the guitar) Peetie Wheatstraw there, ??????????????

Avante
08-02-2016, 12:56 PM
The fun I have doing this is watching people. It is fucking funny watching how people act when confronted with anyone who knows things, they freak the fuck out and it's funnier than hell watching all the ways they try everything to never give props or admit..."yep, you know your shit".

Human nature, hahaha~~~~~~

One time I posted a mile long list on a football site about sprinters in the NFL, I had the school they had went to, their PR;s, what NFL/AFLteams they had played on, Longggggggggggggggg list.

Guy comes on...."you spelled.......(can't remember)...wrong"......hahahaha~~~~~~~ A longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg list and all the guy can say is..."you spelled....

Human nature is funny, I do have fun with it.

Avante...don't call me a pedo, grrrrrrrrrrrr~~~~

Here they come like a bee to honey, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!