PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Timofey signing ranked 3rd worst in 2016?!

Killakobe81
08-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Damn, I knew it was bad but 3rd worst?! http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17157617/summer-forecast-worst-newcomer-rondo-rose
Is Mitch's magic wand broken?

BSPN says only Rondo and Rose will be worse ...:lol

Oh well. Still excited to see young core and to finally have a coach with a clue ...
But we still are looking at 3 years before we are even possible contenders.
Probably another year away from playoffs ...:depressed

I'll just have to console myself with the championship DVD's from the 80's and 2000's ..
the 2010's have sucked!!!!

poeticism707
08-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Damn, I knew it was bad but 3rd worst?! http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17157617/summer-forecast-worst-newcomer-rondo-rose

Oh well. Still excited to see young core and to finally have a coach with a clue ...

I'll just have to console myself with the championship DVD's from the 80's and 2000's ..

Mitch ain't never had a wand, dog.

That belonged to Buss...

Thread
08-01-2016, 02:35 PM

That belonged to Buss...

- "I'm still 6'10", 250."

- "In the meat house with southpaw Rocky Balboa."

Robz4000
08-01-2016, 02:39 PM

You're more than a year away from the playoffs tbh; more like 3-4...

Killakobe81
08-01-2016, 04:02 PM
You're more than a year away from the playoffs tbh; more like 3-4...

We will see. I think if things break right we can sniff an 8th seed next year but a big part of that is based on the youth developing and snagging another key FA.
You have no idea what the west will look like in 2017 especially if more super friends team-up.

Killakobe81
08-01-2016, 04:04 PM

That belonged to Buss...

Buss was never involved in those deals it was Bill sharman then West then Mitch ...

busses get to much credit.
Sr buss wanted to trade worthy for that crackhead Roy Tarpley.

People always ignore that when they shit on his son ...

Robz4000
08-01-2016, 04:08 PM
We will see. I think if things break right we can sniff an 8th seed next year but a big part of that is based on the youth developing and snagging another key FA.
You have no idea what the west will look like in 2017 especially if more super friends team-up.

The following teams will be better than the Lakers for at least the next two seasons, even if they land Westchimp next offseason:

Dubs
Spurs
T-Pups
Grizz
Guests
Rockets
Hornets
Jazz

That's 8 teams ahead of them, without even considering if the Suns, Thunder, and Nuggets' own youth movement bears fruit. Clippers could be a top 3 team or the worst team in the league come next season. Kings may also be better but they're the fucking Kings so who knows where they're going.

poeticism707
08-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Buss was never involved in those deals it was Bill sharman then West then Mitch ...

No one is perfect.

Pop has kept fucking Bonner around forever.

But everyone seeks what you lack

under Mitch.

Anything over 30 wins...

Spur-Addict
08-01-2016, 04:25 PM

If ACL's, Meniscus', Achilles tendons, ankles and hands break right.

ambchang
08-01-2016, 05:00 PM

Roy tarpley would be winning championships if he was with the lakers instead of one of the main threats of the lakers.

Killakobe81
08-01-2016, 05:07 PM
If ACL's, Meniscus', Achilles tendons, ankles and hands break right.

meh. I think we are at least at the top of the bottom of the west in 2017
Could mean 42 wins and just missing the playoffs.
I think we make a playoff push in 2017 I expect low lottery in 2016

utah is overrated have been for two years running. I called Jazz and Nola as overrated last off-season and also called that davis wouldnt sniff MVP (who knew he would not make all NBA though? )
Suns are basically the same as we are (young core)
minny has KAt and are year ahead on the development curve. they traded love a tyear before Kobe retired so they have a head-start.
charlotte is not in the west :lol
Grizz will be better of course(but Parsons cant stay healthy) as will the clips
state and spurs are in another stratosphere ...and have no bearing in this conversation.
Blazers are always one Knee injury away from the lottery
Rockets are better because they have a star but again one knee injury away

We are far away from the contending but I dont think we are more that two years from a fringe playoff push we will be Utah in two years.

Sad thing is despite the hype those polygamists didn't make the playoffs either ...

Killakobe81
08-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Roy tarpley would be winning championships if he was with the lakers instead of one of the main threats of the lakers.

Tarpley in La during that era?
He would have been dead in less than 3 years ...

Dex
08-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Mitch gave 64 million to a guy who averaged 6 and 4 last season and was 69th of 75 in Defensive Plus-Minus for Centers.

Third-worst is being generous, imo. :lmao

poeticism707
08-01-2016, 06:13 PM

This.

Some people should never be in LA..

midnightpulp
08-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Mid told you all this, but you didn't listen, thinking I was just "Laker hating."

Mitch is a dumbass and is stuck in the early 2000s.

ambchang
08-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Didn't kill magic or worthy.

baseline bum
08-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Didn't kill magic

That's only because the cocktails of drugs got so good in the early 90s tbh.

Thread
08-01-2016, 08:20 PM

Just thank Christ he couldn't abide. He was a handful and the Mavs taught him to hate us. And he took to it. A fuckin' menace.

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 12:06 AM
Didn't kill magic or worthy.

Those guys were in to whoring more than doing coke

Clipper Nation
08-02-2016, 12:09 AM
The only reason it wasn't ranked the worst signing is because ESPN still worships the Lakers' dicks.

Molotov
08-02-2016, 02:25 AM

:lol Today's NBA cores.

ambchang
08-02-2016, 06:01 AM
Those guys were in to whoring more than doing coke

Would be shocked if they don't go hand in hand

Spur-Addict
08-02-2016, 09:44 AM
meh. I think we are at least at the top of the bottom of the west in 2017
Could mean 42 wins and just missing the playoffs.
I think we make a playoff push in 2017 I expect low lottery in 2016

utah is overrated have been for two years running. I called Jazz and Nola as overrated last off-season and also called that davis wouldnt sniff MVP (who knew he would not make all NBA though? )
Suns are basically the same as we are (young core)
minny has KAt and are year ahead on the development curve. they traded love a tyear before Kobe retired so they have a head-start.
charlotte is not in the west :lol
Grizz will be better of course(but Parsons cant stay healthy) as will the clips
state and spurs are in another stratosphere ...and have no bearing in this conversation.
Blazers are always one Knee injury away from the lottery
Rockets are better because they have a star but again one knee injury away

We are far away from the contending but I dont think we are more that two years from a fringe playoff push we will be Utah in two years.

Sad thing is despite the hype those polygamists didn't make the playoffs either ...

Every playoff team from last year that you mentioned, had a potential injury listed as reasoning for falling out of contention. Which is basically what I said. Don't know why you're upset about it. Minnesota and Utah have better teams than you do as currently constructed, have more impactful major players, and more experience. Pelicans and Kings have actual star players (not superstars), you don't. Phoenix and Denver are meh. Dallas has the feel of a team just barely holding on I'll grant you that. Even if Westbrook leaves I think you're two seasons out of the playoffs counting this season (under the assumption you have to build through the draft, and no major off-season acquisitions). It's going to be 2018 if it happens soon.

So, you're speculating that your ceiling will be more than doubling your win total in one season, without any major proven offseason acquisition? Interesting, to be polite.

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 09:55 AM
Every playoff team from last year that you mentioned, had a potential injury listed as reasoning for falling out of contention. Which is basically what I said. Don't know why you're upset about it. Minnesota and Utah have better teams than you do as currently constructed, have more impactful major players, and more experience. Pelicans and Kings have actual star players (not superstars), you don't. Phoenix and Denver are meh. Dallas has the feel of a team just barely holding on I'll grant you that. Even if Westbrook leaves I think you're two seasons out of the playoffs counting this season (under the assumption you have to build through the draft, and no major off-season acquisitions). It's going to be 2018 if it happens soon.

So, you're speculating that your ceiling will be more than doubling your win total in one season, without any major proven offseason acquisition? Interesting, to be polite.

1. Not upset.
2. Minny I an high on Utah I am not. Utah is till better than us we agree.
3. This season starts in 2016 ...I did not say we are making teh playoff in 2016-2017 I am not saying we make it in 2017-2018.
4. I am saying I expect us to make a playoff push (ie just miss it by 3-4 games) in 2017 not meaning this year but the year after.
5. I doubt wesbrook comes but if he does and is healthy I think there is a 90% chance we make the playoffs
6. The bottom of the west is shitty and may be even worse by next year.
7. I do not have to rely on Parsons getting injured he has been injured every year since he signed in Dallas.
8. Blazers have a long history of injury issues ...
9. Only stretch I made was houston who have been relatively healthy since Yao and Tmac left ...
10. Yes the Kings and Pelicans have young stars but yet both teams were only what 5-10 games better than us? We have no star but have a better coach and better young prospects than both. But at least they have a #1 ...i will give you that.

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 09:59 AM
1. Not upset.
3. This season starts in 2016 ...I did not say we are making teh playoff in 2016-2017 I am not saying we make it in 2017-2018.
4. I am saying I expect us to make a playoff push (ie just miss it by 3-4 games) in 2017 not meaning this year but the year after.
5. I doubt wesbrook comes but if he does and is healthy I think there is a 90% chance we make the playoffs
7. I do not have to rely on Parsons getting injured he has been injured every year since he signed in Dallas.
9. Only stretch I made was houston who have been relatively healthy since Yao and Tmac left ...
10. Yes the Kings and Pelicans have young stars but yet both teams were only what 5-10 games better than us? We have no star but have a better coach and better young prospects than both. But at least they have a #1 ...i will give you that.
11. did not say we are doubling our win total ...your math is bad. I said MAYBE 42 wins two years from now.
I did not say it in this thread but I said max 32 wins but I expect more like 27-28 wins this coming year. That is quite far from "double". We only won 17 last year.

Spur-Addict
08-02-2016, 10:27 AM
1. Not upset.

Thank you for the numbering kind sir. Without Parsons Memphis is still better. I don't think Parsons is as impactful as your point suggests as it pertains to comparing the rosters at present. Anthony Davis only played 61 games, and Cousins, 65. So that's a decent explanation of record proximity. Walton, granted has a significant family legacy, is really not proven as a coach. Having the most talented team in the league for half the season is not exactly an accurate assessment of ones coaching ability. He's not proven yet, he will earn his stripes going forward. Although I think he will be good.

One thing you are not factoring in regards to teams minus prospects, but with stars, is the willingness of better players to want to sign with them given the fact that they have said stars.

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Thank you for the numbering kind sir. Without Parsons Memphis is still better. I don't think Parsons is as impactful as your point suggests as it pertains to comparing the rosters at present. Anthony Davis only played 61 games, and Cousins, 65. So that's a decent explanation of record proximity. Walton, granted has a significant family legacy, is really not proven as a coach. Having the most talented team in the league for half the season is not exactly an accurate assessment of ones coaching ability. He's not proven yet, he will earn his stripes going forward. Although I think he will be good.

One thing you are not factoring in regards to teams minus prospects, but with stars, is the willingness of better players to want to sign with them given the fact that they have said stars.

1. What better players are going to choose to sign in NOLA or Sacto especially Sacto? :lmao Even when they were great in the early 2000's no one signed there.
2. Cousins is questioning the FO, they ran out Karl and Vlade is being clowned by his own fan-base.
3. Those star guys being injured doesnt really help the argument it actually helps mine. People dont normally come off significant injury filled seasons the next year fully healthy.
4. Walton is not proven yet I will bet a paycheck he proves to be a far better coach than Scott. Not only does he have the pedigree but he was coached by Phil, Lute Olsen and Kerr. That is great mentor tree.
5. Never said Memphis wasnt still better when did I say that they would not be? Go back to my post i placed them on about equal footing with the clips (if healthy). They are both significantly better than us so why do you keep bringing them up? :lol I only mentioned the Grizz because as a sidenote ... I think they will be worse than most people think. Experts are saying they did well in Fa. I think both conley and Parsons underperform to their contracts even though i like conley .. .

Spur-Addict
08-02-2016, 10:53 AM
1. What better players are going to choose to sign in NOLA or Sacto especially Sacto? :lmao Even when they were great in the early 2000's no one signed there.
2. Cousins is questioning the FO, they ran out Karl and Vlade is being clowned by his own fan-base.
3. Those star guys being injured doesnt really help the argument it actually helps mine. People dont normally come off significant injury filled seasons the next year fully healthy.
4. Walton is not proven yet I will bet a paycheck he proves to be a far better coach than Scott. Not only does he have the pedigree but he was coached by Phil, Lute Olsen and Kerr. That is great mentor tree.
5. Never said Memphis wasnt still better when did I say that they would not be? Go back to my post i placed them on about equal footing with the clips (if healthy). They are both significantly better than us so what do you keep bringing them up? :lol I only mentioned the Grizz because as a sidenote ... I think they will be worse than most people think. Experts are saying they did well in Fa. I think both conley and Parsons underperform to their contracts even though i like conley .. .

Stranger things have happened, although the front office situation for Sacto is rather bleak. But all it takes is a meeting behind closed doors to orchestrate such a decision. At that point the front office is irrelevant and renders that moot. Regardless, even if those two players play the same amount of games they're still better for the upcoming season. Lets be honest, you guys suck.

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 11:04 AM
. Lets be honest, you guys suck.

On this we agree.
when I said "low lottery" for this upcoming year ... maybe I should say "high lottery" depending on if you think the bottom 5 is high or low.
how is 27-28 wins not sucking?
How is being a lottery team or missing the playoffs 4 and 5 straight seasons like I am predicting not sucking?
You are arguing points we agree on:lol
Again I never said we would make the playoffs next year not even in two years. I said we will fight for one in two years.

But of course we could face injuries as well ..But that is my "bold" prediction around 40 wins two years from now ... a few wins shy of 30 this year ...not like im predicting a title in 5 years or something crazy ... that is a natural progression for a young team. Is it a "stretch goal (not sure you are familiar but it's used often in business) absolutely. But I am hoping that they can hit near it if our core develops.

In summation,

2016-2017 I think we win 27-28 games with a max of 32 low of 25
2017-2018 I think we win around 35 max of 41 low of 32
2018-2019 I expect playoffs.

that is my 3 year plan of expectations for Luke, the team and the FO if they can not even meet those low number targets someone should be fired.

BTW, you asked me why I was mad but you ended with let's be honest they suck ...when we both know that they do and you couldnt argue my points about Sacto and Nola. :lol we do suck thanks for the breaking news? :toast

Spur-Addict
08-02-2016, 11:19 AM
On this we agree.
when I said "low lottery" for this upcoming year ... maybe I should say "high lottery" depending on if you think the bottom 5 is high or low.
how is 27-28 wins not sucking?
How is being a lottery team or missing the playoffs 4 and 5 straight seasons like I am predicting not sucking?
You are arguing points we agree on:lol
Again I never said we would make the playoffs next year not even in two years. I said we will fight for one in two years.

But of course we could face injuries as well ..But that is my "bold" prediction around 40 wins two years from now ... a few wins shy of 30 this year ...not like im predicting a title in 5 years or something crazy ... that is a natural progression for a young team. Is it a "stretch goal (not sure you are familiar but it's used often in business) absolutely. But I am hoping that they can hit near it if our core develops.

In summation,

2016-2017 I think we win 27-28 games with a max of 32 low of 25
2017-2018 I think we win around 35 max of 41 low of 32
2018-2019 I expect playoffs.

that is my 3 year plan of expectations for Luke, the team and the FO if they can not even meet those low number targets someone should be fired.

BTW, you asked me why I was mad but you ended with let's be honest they suck ...when we both know that they do and you couldnt argue my points about Sacto and Nola. :lol we do suck thanks for the breaking news? :toast

Couldn't argue your points? Ok. Nothing you said was really substantial. Although I did provide responses for points that were somewhat salient. (Insert emoticon here)

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Couldn't argue your points? Ok. Nothing you said was really substantial. Although I did provide responses for points that were somewhat salient. (Insert emoticon here)

1. we agree the Lakers suck, right?
2. We agree they will NOT make the playoffs the next two years? right?
3. We agree Sacto is a mess but right now better than the Lakers because of Cousins
4. We disagree on whether Lakers can make the playoffs in 3 years is that right?
5. We also disagree on Utah and Nola as stable roadblocks to the Lakers Making the playoffs?

I think we agree on more that you realize so not sure why you are arguing with me tbh ...you make it sound like I am arguing we are good or we will be in the playoffs next year when clearly I said we would not ...

Spur-Addict
08-02-2016, 11:46 AM
1. we agree the Lakers suck, right?
2. We agree they will NOT make the playoffs the next two years? right?
3. We agree Sacto is a mess but right now better than the Lakers because of Cousins
4. We disagree on whether Lakers can make the playoffs in 3 years is that right?
5. We also disagree on Utah and Nola as stable roadblocks to the Lakers Making the playoffs?

I think we agree on more that you realize so not sure why you are arguing with me tbh ...you make it sound like I am arguing we are good or we will be in the playoffs next year when clearly I said we would not ...

:lol I think you're over interpreting my level of aggressiveness here.

As far as point 4, I think that's when it is most optimistic for them to make the playoffs. Wouldn't say it is likely. Point 5, I think Utah's infrastructure is further along, especially the frontcourt. While they have no dominant player offensively on an elite or star level (Gordon is more like a #3 IMO), they are where the Lakers will likely be 3 years from now. Just outside the playoffs. Given that progression, anything is likely, FA/trades etc. So they are really one guard away from being in the playoffs IMO. Maybe that is the development of Exum, who knows. But they have a lot of talent. Lyles, Exum for future development. Hayward, Gobert for present. And they've added some veteran players to bridge the gap in the meantime. Johnson, Hill, Diaw. I think you are underestimating them. They may even make the playoffs this year, as I think Houston and Dallas are at risk.

Nola needs more work, but are better at present and are less likely as a roadblock, but are still one nonetheless.