PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Chasing the Ghost ...Lebron sets his sights on Jordan

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 01:57 PM
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/08/02/lebron-james-michael-jordan-ghost-cleveland-cavaliers-championship

I love this type of shit from LeBron.
Dont run away from the shit.
i hope he gets 6 but I doubt it.
If he does what will be the excuse for why he i not greater than MJ?

My motivation,” James says, “is this ghost I’m chasing. The ghost played in Chicago.”

“My career is totally different than Michael Jordan’s,” he says. “What I’ve gone through is totally different than what he went through. What he did was unbelievable, and I watched it unfold. I looked up to him so much. I think it’s cool to put myself in position to be one of those great players, but if I can ever put myself in position to be the greatest player, that would be something extraordinary.”

Of course, Jordan owns six championships, a long way from three. But even Jordan never produced a Finals quite like the opus James just completed: snapping a 52-year drought, erasing a 3–1 deficit, leading both teams in all five major categories (points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals), and doing it against an opponent with the best record the league has ever seen.

This is a tough loss,” he said. “But there’s a light still shining.” He picked up his phone, the one with the Larry O’Brien Trophy as the screen saver, and sent a group text to the entire team:
“No matter how we got to this point, we’re here now. . . . We have to go to Golden State for Game 5 and we have to come home anyway. So why not come home and play a Game 6. . . . Let it go, play hard, be focused, follow my lead, and I’ll make sure you get home for a Game 6.”

James insulated himself from the on-air critics—”Venom for your mind,” he says—but he has experienced enough June tempests to sense when another is swirling. LeBron 2–5 in the Finals! Love to the Celtics! Irving to the Clippers! James has grown numb to the hysterics he elicits, but his teammates have not.

“Everybody thought it was because of me,” says James, who stepped over Green late in Game 4 and received a crotch shot in return. “I didn’t think he’d be suspended.”
James scored 41 points in Game 5, when Green was out, and 41 in Game 6, when Green was back

“Just yesterday, I was on the rooftop at The Peninsula, and a lady came up to me crying and hyperventilating,” James says. “She was like, I’m from Cleveland and you have no idea. She’s right. It’s been more than a month, and I still have no idea.”

“Think about this: We were one minute away from, ‘Griffin’s a moron for trading Andrew Wiggins, and Kevin Love got lost in the Finals, and they spent the most money ever on a team that didn’t win, and they have to blow everything up.’ But LeBron blocks a shot, so instead it’s the greatest success in Cleveland sports, the first time in history coming back from 3–1 down, and the first time in forever winning a Finals Game 7 on the road. Our lives are all so different for those few milliseconds of time. That’s awesome. It’s also insane.”

Shortly after Durant signed and the NBA’s tectonic plates shifted, James started setting his alarm for 5 a.m., working out in a West Hollywood gym at 6. He insists the Warriors are not the impetus, but he acknowledges that he rarely trains this hard this soon.

Great stuff. Good look at James. Love this mentality go after the Goat James.

Kawhitstorm
08-02-2016, 02:55 PM
He better pray Kawhi doesn't make it back to the Finals.:wakeup

poeticism707
08-02-2016, 02:55 PM
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/08/02/lebron-james-michael-jordan-ghost-cleveland-cavaliers-championship

I love this type of shit from LeBron.
Dont run away from the shit.
i hope he gets 6 but I doubt it.
If he does what will be the excuse for why he i not greater than MJ?

My motivation,” James says, “is this ghost I’m chasing. The ghost played in Chicago.”

“My career is totally different than Michael Jordan’s,” he says. “What I’ve gone through is totally different than what he went through. What he did was unbelievable, and I watched it unfold. I looked up to him so much. I think it’s cool to put myself in position to be one of those great players, but if I can ever put myself in position to be the greatest player, that would be something extraordinary.”

Of course, Jordan owns six championships, a long way from three. But even Jordan never produced a Finals quite like the opus James just completed: snapping a 52-year drought, erasing a 3–1 deficit, leading both teams in all five major categories (points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals), and doing it against an opponent with the best record the league has ever seen.

This is a tough loss,” he said. “But there’s a light still shining.” He picked up his phone, the one with the Larry O’Brien Trophy as the screen saver, and sent a group text to the entire team:
“No matter how we got to this point, we’re here now. . . . We have to go to Golden State for Game 5 and we have to come home anyway. So why not come home and play a Game 6. . . . Let it go, play hard, be focused, follow my lead, and I’ll make sure you get home for a Game 6.”

James insulated himself from the on-air critics—”Venom for your mind,” he says—but he has experienced enough June tempests to sense when another is swirling. LeBron 2–5 in the Finals! Love to the Celtics! Irving to the Clippers! James has grown numb to the hysterics he elicits, but his teammates have not.

“Everybody thought it was because of me,” says James, who stepped over Green late in Game 4 and received a crotch shot in return. “I didn’t think he’d be suspended.”
James scored 41 points in Game 5, when Green was out, and 41 in Game 6, when Green was back

“Just yesterday, I was on the rooftop at The Peninsula, and a lady came up to me crying and hyperventilating,” James says. “She was like, I’m from Cleveland and you have no idea. She’s right. It’s been more than a month, and I still have no idea.”

“Think about this: We were one minute away from, ‘Griffin’s a moron for trading Andrew Wiggins, and Kevin Love got lost in the Finals, and they spent the most money ever on a team that didn’t win, and they have to blow everything up.’ But LeBron blocks a shot, so instead it’s the greatest success in Cleveland sports, the first time in history coming back from 3–1 down, and the first time in forever winning a Finals Game 7 on the road. Our lives are all so different for those few milliseconds of time. That’s awesome. It’s also insane.”

Shortly after Durant signed and the NBA’s tectonic plates shifted, James started setting his alarm for 5 a.m., working out in a West Hollywood gym at 6. He insists the Warriors are not the impetus, but he acknowledges that he rarely trains this hard this soon.

Great stuff. Good look at James. Love this mentality go after the Goat James.

Jordan ain't the GOAT of Shit

TD is.

Get your fucking facts straight, Bron...

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Jordan ain't the GOAT of Shit

TD is.

Get your fucking facts straight, Bron...

Come, come now.

ginobilized
08-02-2016, 03:20 PM
Lebron shut a lot of people up during the Finals. He still has a lot left to give and is an impossible cover for everyone not named Kawhi.
What he did was a weird combination of the statistical domination of Wilt, some Jordanesque plays at crucial moments and solid leadership.

I thought that he wanted to make sure that Steph Curry was not the only player people talked about during the Finals and remind the world that he is in the conversation for MVP. I'd say he succeeded.

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Lebron shut a lot of people up during the Finals. He still has a lot left to give and is an impossible cover for everyone not named Kawhi.
What he did was a weird combination of the statistical domination of Wilt, some Jordanesque plays at crucial moments and solid leadership.

I thought that he wanted to make sure that Steph Curry was not the only player people talked about during the Finals and remind the world that he is in the conversation for MVP. I'd say he succeeded.

troof.

K...
08-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Once he won for Cleveland he stopped being the villain. He's almost a lock to get mvp if he wants it.

Tully365
08-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Lebron shut a lot of people up during the Finals.

:toast

apalisoc_9
08-02-2016, 04:25 PM
Already better than Jordan.

StrengthAndHonor
08-02-2016, 04:26 PM
He's still below Shaq, Duncan and Magic. He needs to catch up with those first before we can talk Jordan. Mmmkk?

apalisoc_9
08-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Lebron at worst is already the 2nd best player ever

Stop with nostalgia bs post.

StrengthAndHonor
08-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Lebron at worst is already the 2nd best player ever

Stop with nostalgia bs post.
You think he's ahead of Duncan already? I mean, at best he's tied at 6 with Tim. Tbh.

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Already better than Jordan.

Apparently LeBron disagrees ...look at the title of the thread.

.G.
08-02-2016, 04:34 PM
:lol luhbron
silly ass nig

apalisoc_9
08-02-2016, 04:53 PM
You think he's ahead of Duncan already? I mean, at best he's tied at 6 with Tim. Tbh.

I forgot about Kareem.

Kareem is still is the 2nd best ever and probably a good case for best ever if his last name wasnt abdul jabbar america would be sucking his cock.

But i think you can make a case for lebron against kareem, imo.

Magic and Tim are a tier below. Magic is considered by White America as the secobd best though for his general coonery and his taste for the white dick..but there is no argument of him over Kareem and Lebron.

TD is in the same tier as Magic.

Chris
08-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Curry & Co. let him off the hook. That's it, and that's all.

ambchang
08-02-2016, 07:35 PM
That ship has sailed. Joining the heat put him a step back legacy wise, the Mavs series pretty much finished him off, an coming back to Cleveland for another super team pretty much ended the conversation. Him being on a power trip, throwing blatt under the bus and high jacking the cavs franchise didn't help either.