PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: The inevitable dysfunction of the Golden State Warriors

StrengthAndHonor
08-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Klay Thompson doesn't believe the individual games of the Golden State Warriors have to change due to the addition of Kevin Durant.
“I feel kind of disrespected that people keep using the term sacrifice to describe me and describe us,” Thompson told The Vertical. “We all want to see each other do well. But I’m not sacrificing [expletive], because my game isn’t changing. I’m still going to try to get buckets, hit shots, come off screens. I want to win and have a fun time every game we play.
“The NBA season can get mundane; 82 games are so long and there can be some boredom. Now, we can embrace being the hated team and getting everyone’s best, and adding some tension every night. It’ll be a fun experience going into arenas on the road, with opposing fans hating what we’ve built.”
Durant also wants Thompson to avoid change.
“We want Klay to stay Klay,” Durant told The Vertical. “We don’t want him to change. The games dictate where the shots come from. I may shoot 12 shots one night; Klay may shoot eight or nine shots one night, and Steph may shoot 25 shots one night. And it could be a different flow another night.”

SHAMS CHARANIA/THE VERTICAL (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/what-kevin-durants-arrival-means-for-klay-thompson-214243597.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma)

Come me on guys, as much as I envy their model (and I love Ballmer) I think the Warriors will have to face the inescapable truth that they will collapse. They have 3 scorers that could score 50, 60 on any given night. All three have averaged a usage rate of 28.9 last year and that's not even including the huge amount of veterans who wants to contribute and score.

Would it surprise you if they don't even make the Finals next year?

Chris
08-02-2016, 05:07 PM
They could get bounced in the 1st and it wouldn't matter because they won't be held accountable. Media will spin it as a "feeling out year" where the team just needs to get used to each other, and "the chemistry will be much better next year"

Thread
08-02-2016, 05:13 PM
They could get bounced in the 1st and it wouldn't matter because they won't be held accountable. Media will spin it as a "feeling out year" where the team just needs to get used to each other, and "the chemistry will be much better next year"

Please. Jesus Christ,,,Amy barged into the middle of the '13 Finals, cost you your 1st 5th and aside from some old crock in Arizona nobody said a fuckin' word.

This is a fuckin' outrage.

Chris
08-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Please. Jesus Christ,,,Amy barged into the middle of the '13 Finals, cost you your 1st 5th and aside from some old crock in Arizona nobody said a fuckin' word.

Yep, and I wanted to crawl in a hole that night and hibernate for the winter. Lebron's glory was the narrative and the Spurs demise/choke was an afterthought for Media. We were the perfect ying to his yang.

Thread
08-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Yep, and I wanted to crawl in a hole that night and hibernate for the winter. Lebron's glory was the narrative and the Spurs demise/choke was an afterthought for Media. We were the perfect ying to his yang.

Why, nobody donned you cept me.

You flew back to Texas undisturbed, like nothing happened, to this fuckin' day.

Don't ever say a fuckin' word about anybody else skatin'. You've no roomPERIOD

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 05:20 PM
fans grasping at straws ...
State is gonna stomp a mudhole in every team except leBron and company ...

Thread
08-02-2016, 05:26 PM

They lost an entire starting unit comprised of champions. They'll try and walk away from that, but, it will not work.

K...
08-02-2016, 06:17 PM

Contra...LeBron lost a finals, and had to win 2-3 championships to make it up. Duncan just needed one.

Contra two.....Kobe won a back to back after killing Shaq and Phil, and getting cucked by Malone, and he only cemented his cancer status

poeticism707
08-02-2016, 06:36 PM
They lost an entire starting unit comprised of champions. They'll try and walk away from that, but, it will not work.

This.

TrainOfThought5
08-02-2016, 06:45 PM

Basically.

daslicer
08-02-2016, 07:09 PM
Klay Thompson doesn't believe the individual games of the Golden State Warriors have to change due to the addition of Kevin Durant.
“I feel kind of disrespected that people keep using the term sacrifice to describe me and describe us,” Thompson told The Vertical. “We all want to see each other do well. But I’m not sacrificing [expletive], because my game isn’t changing. I’m still going to try to get buckets, hit shots, come off screens. I want to win and have a fun time every game we play.
“The NBA season can get mundane; 82 games are so long and there can be some boredom. Now, we can embrace being the hated team and getting everyone’s best, and adding some tension every night. It’ll be a fun experience going into arenas on the road, with opposing fans hating what we’ve built.”
Durant also wants Thompson to avoid change.
“We want Klay to stay Klay,” Durant told The Vertical. “We don’t want him to change. The games dictate where the shots come from. I may shoot 12 shots one night; Klay may shoot eight or nine shots one night, and Steph may shoot 25 shots one night. And it could be a different flow another night.”

SHAMS CHARANIA/THE VERTICAL (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/what-kevin-durants-arrival-means-for-klay-thompson-214243597.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma)

Come me on guys, as much as I envy their model (and I love Ballmer) I think the Warriors will have to face the inescapable truth that they will collapse. They have 3 scorers that could score 50, 60 on any given night. All three have averaged a usage rate of 28.9 last year and that's not even including the huge amount of veterans who wants to contribute and score.

Would it surprise you if they don't even make the Finals next year?

Kind of shocking he doesn't realize that they were hated this year and got everybody's best shot.

daslicer
08-02-2016, 07:15 PM

They will win 60 plus games but nothing is set in stone. I remember the first year Miami's big 3 formed that nobody was willing to anoint Wade or Lebron as the number 1 guy. This created confusion especially in the finals when Lebron and Wade deferred to each other. I remember reading about how Wade came up to Lebron during the summer after they lost to the Mavs and told Lebron that he was going to be the number 1 guy. Judging by Klay's quote it seems like the Warriors haven't decided if Curry is going to be the number 1 guy or if it will be Durant.

RsxPiimp
08-02-2016, 07:19 PM
Spurs in 7

Thread
08-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Contra...LeBron lost a finals, and had to win 2-3 championships to make it up. Duncan just needed one.

Contra two.....Kobe won a back to back after killing Shaq and Phil, and getting cucked by Malone, and he only cemented his cancer status

Nothing compares to '13. They were selling your shit on the television. Your penalty? You didn't get to keep your 1st 5th. Your ass was no sooner out of that arena than it was a distant memory, never to be thrown in your face cept by me,,,here.

StrengthAndHonor
08-02-2016, 08:25 PM

Chris
08-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Spurs in 7

:bobo

DAF86
08-02-2016, 08:59 PM
I think after a couple of seasons some of those guys will feel underapreciatted and underutilized and might want to try luck somewhere else. There's just not enough touches to go around for 4 stars, and none of those guys is Manu Gininobili, tbh. They will eventually get tired of their role and will leave somewhere else. But for the couple of seasons they spend together they should be more than fine in terms of winning.

apalisoc_9
08-02-2016, 09:04 PM
I think after a couple of seasons some of those guys will feel underapreciatted and underutilized and might want to try luck somewhere else. There's just not enough touches to go around for 4 stars, and none of those guys is Manu Gininobili, tbh. They will eventually get tired of their role and will leave somewhere else. But for the couple of seasons they spend together they should be more than fine in terms of winning.

No doubt..hoping this dirant deal ruins curry's willingness to stay and the spurs somehow sign him.

Killakobe81
08-02-2016, 09:47 PM

Bogut, Speights, Barbosa and Barnes ...
But got Durant and David West
They won in that tradeoff tbh

UZER
08-02-2016, 09:53 PM

:lol David West

Dude is a total fake. We found that out last year.

daslicer
08-02-2016, 09:54 PM

Speights was actually better than West last year. They will miss Speights 3 point shooting.

Thread
08-02-2016, 10:07 PM

The first group are Champions.

The second group are not.

Sure, it's easy now that it's over & quiet. Not so easy when in the midst of the cacophony.

Fabbs
08-02-2016, 10:53 PM
:lol phaggots were lucky to get past OKC in Round 3.
They will have another twinkie regular season. Might make the Finals if the West is weak again.

Killakobe81
08-03-2016, 08:00 AM
They also lost Festus ...
Their team is shallow with proven bench players.
But let's not act as though Barbosa and company were not feeding off steph/Klay/Draymond.

A squad of those 3 plus Durant and Livingston is still pretty nasty.
And unlike other super teams they dont have to force a different play style.
Durant can play the steph, Klay, green, barnes or Iggy role in Kerr's offense

They will murder teamson offense.

JoeTait75
08-03-2016, 08:21 AM
One thing is for sure, the honeymoon is over as far as the Warriors and the media are concerned. Every loss, every postgame quote, every tweet that comes from this team is going to be scrutinized to death. Up to this point the Warriors have had the media basically cheerleading for them. But they're going to be under the microscope now.

But as far as on the court is concerned I think they'll be fine. There is going to be an adjustment period, similar to what the Heat went through in LeBron's first year with them, but they're still going to win a lot of games.

Killakobe81
08-03-2016, 08:59 AM
One thing is for sure, the honeymoon is over as far as the Warriors and the media are concerned. Every loss, every postgame quote, every tweet that comes from this team is going to be scrutinized to death. Up to this point the Warriors have had the media basically cheerleading for them. But they're going to be under the microscope now.

But as far as on the court is concerned I think they'll be fine. There is going to be an adjustment period, similar to what the Heat went through in LeBron's first year with them, but they're still going to win a lot of games.

I wouldn't say the media has cheerleaded. There has been some very loud and pointed criticism at durant for teaming up and at the team for jettisoning key role payer parts of a 73 win team.

All that being said the MEDIA will be be looking to infer or read between the lines for cracks in team harmony, the pecking order who is the alpha and who should be the MVP candidate. Every loss will be scrutinized .. they will plenty of noise to block out.

Still think they win > 64 games ...win the west.
Title?
That will be tougher.
They breathed life in to Klove
Gave Kyrie his signature clutch moment
And pulled on Super Man's cape and now Lebron is wholly engaged.

Cavs vs. state round III

Thread
08-03-2016, 11:24 AM

An astute Clevelander.

.G.
08-03-2016, 01:41 PM
So no talk of Curry to the Spurs in '17? Cool.

Chinook
08-03-2016, 03:10 PM
It's all about Durant. That team has a lot of people with suspect clutch genes, so they can definitely crumble under pressure, with KD being the most fickle of the bunch.

StrengthAndHonor
08-03-2016, 03:34 PM
They also lost Festus ...
Their team is shallow with proven bench players.
But let's not act as though Barbosa and company were not feeding off steph/Klay/Draymond.

A squad of those 3 plus Durant and Livingston is still pretty nasty.
And unlike other super teams they dont have to force a different play style.
Durant can play the steph, Klay, green, barnes or Iggy role in Kerr's offense

They will murder teamson offense.

I think you're overlooking chemistry, tbh.

Trainwreck2100
08-03-2016, 03:35 PM
how can thy be dysfunctional when there is only one alpha on the roster?

UNT Eagles 2016
08-03-2016, 03:36 PM

Incorrect. The Bag happened.

StrengthAndHonor
08-03-2016, 03:40 PM
how can thy be dysfunctional when there is only one alpha on the roster?
They have 3 Alpha personalities.

Spurs9
08-03-2016, 03:57 PM
It should be a pretty quick meltdown between Green and Durrant tbh

Thread
08-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Incorrect. The Bag happened.

Yeah, sponsored by me. I concocted it and set it in Texas.

Nobody else said a fuckin' word.

Thread
08-03-2016, 04:07 PM
It should be a pretty quick meltdown between Green and Durrant tbh

No. Durant went there hat-in-hand. He'll stand outside that coupe and let Green hold the seat forward then climb in the back and sit in the middle. Though God help his enemies if he ever rings.

ambchang
08-03-2016, 06:43 PM

Cully getting the bullshit on again

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/06/24/28-seconds-when-the-title-slip-away/
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/06/19/right-wrong-28-seconds-of-failure/
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2013/06/21/tim-duncan-gregg-popovich-san-antonio-spurs-vs-miami-heat-finals-game-7/2444085/
http://grantland.com/features/nba-finals-game-6-heat-spurs/
http://hoopshabit.com/2013/06/21/san-antonio-spurs-how-they-let-the-2013-nba-finals-slip-away/

DMC
08-04-2016, 11:42 AM

It's Spurstalk. He has plenty room. You, on the other hand...

Thread
08-04-2016, 12:12 PM
It's Spurstalk. He has plenty room. You, on the other hand...

None. You were made to give your 1st 5th back and nobody laid a hand on ya, cept (us). Strung your ropes, sold your shit, planned your celebratory dinner. Not one fucking word. Motherfuckers.

ha.

ambchang
08-04-2016, 08:56 PM
None. You were made to give your 1st 5th back and nobody laid a hand on ya, cept (us). Strung your ropes, sold your shit, planned your celebratory dinner. Not one fucking word. Motherfuckers.

ha.

Then how did you find out you genius?

UNT Eagles 2016
08-05-2016, 07:20 PM

One guy leads his team back from a 14 point deficit with 5 minutes left in the game to win, making all the clutch shots, scoring 60 points in his career finalé.

The other is benched and humiliated as a tired old stiff in Methville, his team losing an elimination game by roughly 20 points.

Thus, The Bag remains in Texas forevermore.

Even if the Spurs ring this next year, it will always forever stand:::::::

Kobe: 5

Duncan: 5 & The Bag

DMC
08-06-2016, 11:18 AM

ha.

That's because we didn't give them time. We went back in and wrecked their playground and dismantled the entire operation. You, well you were too busy counting ping pong balls.

Thread
08-06-2016, 12:49 PM
That's because we didn't give them time. We went back in and wrecked their playground and dismantled the entire operation. You, well you were too busy counting ping pong balls.

They had a year. Not so much as a peep.

& sure the people here linked the two ('13/'14), under the duress I employed but, Media knew better. If '14 was an act of vengeance, then '13 would have to be accounted for. Uh, uh. Media put the train back on the track and acted like nothing had happened in the 12 month interim. Business as usual. "If we don't put it in print, it did not happen. Go!"

Like I said=Duncan/Spurs/Pop can't be seen with a blemish. It's an American thing. It's how it's done here. Kobe is damned with faint praise. But, Duncan/et al must be kept pure, boogers & lapses are sliced off and left in the wake. And the dumb asses fall for it. They don't see it. Honest to God, don't see it, recognize it, or, acknowledge it. It's a phenomenon.

baseline bum
08-06-2016, 01:22 PM

& sure the people here linked the two ('13/'14), under the duress I employed but, Media knew better. If '14 was an act of vengeance, then '13 would have to be accounted for. Uh, uh. Media put the train back on the track and acted like nothing had happened in the 12 month interim. Business as usual. "If we don't put it in print, it did not happen. Go!"

Like I said=Duncan/Spurs/Pop can't be seen with a blemish. It's an American thing. It's how it's done here. Kobe is damned with faint praise. But, Duncan/et al must be kept pure, boogers & lapses are sliced off and left in the wake. And the dumb asses fall for it. They don't see it. Honest to God, don't see it, recognize it, or, acknowledge it. It's a phenomenon.

You rushed the floor for Jordan when he rang in your building. I spit on you.

http://i.imgur.com/J0Z5dcN.jpg

Thread
08-06-2016, 01:24 PM

They were selling your shit.

&

Cosmo

baseline bum
08-06-2016, 01:26 PM
They were selling your shit.

&

Cosmo

Thread
08-06-2016, 01:30 PM

Cosmo

baseline bum
08-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Cosmo

Thread
08-06-2016, 01:35 PM

Cosmo

baseline bum
08-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Cosmo

DMC
08-06-2016, 01:47 PM

Bullshit. It was counted for just not LA level counted for but that's your row to hoe. You chose the most popular franchise at the time to back, penny/pound and all.

There's a reason virtue is valued while greed and gluttony is shunned. If you need to be taught that at your age you're beyond help. But you wanted it. You wanted the eternal upper hand in the sports debate with ring count when you jumped on board the LA train. Now you're trying to keep your head above water and crying foul.

It's actually quite the spectacle. Keep doing it.

Thread
08-06-2016, 01:51 PM
Bullshit. It was counted for just not LA level counted for but that's your row to hoe. You chose the most popular franchise at the time to back, penny/pound and all.

There's a reason virtue is valued while greed and gluttony is shunned. If you need to be taught that at your age you're beyond help. But you wanted it. You wanted the eternal upper hand in the sports debate with ring count when you jumped on board the LA train. Now you're trying to keep your head above water and crying foul.

It's actually quite the spectacle. Keep doing it.

D, in the horde.

baseline bum
08-06-2016, 01:55 PM
D, in the horde.