08-04-2016, 12:08 AM
Rather stay in OKC than go to the L:lolLakers

Chris
08-04-2016, 12:09 AM
lol Lakers :lol

LkrFan
08-04-2016, 12:11 AM

Who said he was willing to go to a gutted team Laker squad? We'd have to give up the farm to get him. He's better of standing pat.

Your post makes no sense. -15 points son :lol

LkrFan
08-04-2016, 12:13 AM

Not exactly. If he spurned us as a FA, then you'd have a point. -10 points son :lol

Chris
08-04-2016, 12:28 AM
Not exactly. If he spurned us as a FA, then you'd have a point. -10 points son :lol

He was perfect for you guys though. Even Cubs vouched for his integrity. It's a head-scratcher why he chose less money and to continue to play in Oklahoma. I guess DPG was right about LA not being a magnet for elite talent anymore.

Ball Buster
08-04-2016, 12:31 AM
As a player that relies heavily on his athleticism, it makes the most sense to stay where he is. By the time the Lakers become real threat in the Western Conference, Russell will be exiting his prime. Makes the most sense just to see where he is.

Spurs 4 The Win
08-04-2016, 12:32 AM
Westbrook showing why Durant is the true Beta per par. No way Durant stayed if the roles are reversed.

Ditty
08-04-2016, 01:19 AM
Who said he was willing to go to a gutted team Laker squad? We'd have to give up the farm to get him. He's better of standing pat.

Your post makes no sense. -15 points son :lol

:lol Please all of you delusional Lakers fans wanted him so bad, just because he was from LA he wanted to come back home :cry

Even if he hit free agency, just like Durant he wouldn't want to even meet with y'all :lmao

-20 points bruh for deflecting now that he is staying in OKC :toast

How the mighty have fallen...

Chris
08-04-2016, 01:33 AM
:lol Please all of you delusional Lakers fans wanted him so bad, just because he was from LA he wanted to come back home :cry

Even if he hit free agency, just like Durant he wouldn't want to even meet with y'all :lmao

-10 points just for being a Laker fan :lol

DMC
08-04-2016, 01:33 AM
As a player that relies heavily on his athleticism, it makes the most sense to stay where he is. By the time the Lakers become real threat in the Western Conference, Russell will be exiting his prime. Makes the most sense just to see where he is.
By the time the Lakers become a real threat in the Western Conference, Russell's grandkids will be exiting their primes.

DMC
08-04-2016, 01:34 AM
Westbrook showing why Durant is the true Beta per par. No way Durant stayed if the roles are reversed.
Except Durant will win a ring, most likely. Russ settled for money. He always wanted the team to himself, now he has it. Now he can shoot every trip down the floor, make Kobe's knee slapper look like the beautiful game.

Ball Buster
08-04-2016, 01:58 AM
By the time the Lakers become a real threat in the Western Conference, Russell's grandkids will be exiting their primes.

Do do you have any idea how flipping terrible the Spurs front Court defense is going to be this season? Holy shit.

Killakobe81
08-04-2016, 05:29 AM
He was perfect for you guys though. Even Cubs vouched for his integrity. It's a head-scratcher why he chose less money and to continue to play in Oklahoma. I guess DPG was right about LA not being a magnet for elite talent anymore.

Thank goodness.
He chose the most money to stay ...this had nothing to do with us.
They sucked his dick after Durant left he enjoyed how it felt.

Killakobe81
08-04-2016, 05:31 AM

Nope.
Did not want.
Would have taken him of course ....
Prefer the youth rebuild ...

Koolaid_Man
08-04-2016, 05:40 AM
He has a better chance at winning in OKC....when Jimmy and Chazz die then the Laker fortune will change

08-04-2016, 06:09 AM
Was hoping this fucker would be sent east. Fuck me.

Thread
08-04-2016, 06:13 AM

I absolutely wanted him.

He chickened out.

Thread
08-04-2016, 06:13 AM

Or to you.

Thread
08-04-2016, 06:14 AM

& yourself.

Thread
08-04-2016, 06:15 AM

You didn't draw him either. You've nary room.

Splits
08-04-2016, 06:55 AM

Since Shaq, what elite talent ever chose the Lakers?

Killakobe81
08-04-2016, 09:48 AM
I absolutely wanted him.

He chickened out.

i like him, a lot. Im so proud of him as fellow Bruin alumni.
But let's be real by the time our youth matures he would have lost what makes him special.
I respect h is decision and I think OKC has a chance to be a top 4 west team and he a chance to be a sneaky MVP candidate if he can crack the top 3 ...

Also hoping to solve our woes in FA is what got us here ...
no easy fixes and we dont deserve one right now anyway.
Wesbrook is not walking through that door ...

SupremeGuy
08-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Today's lakers lol

DMC
08-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Do do you have any idea how flipping terrible the Spurs front Court defense is going to be this season? Holy shit.
They'll make the playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
08-04-2016, 10:27 AM
thats some alpha shit man....

lol beta cuck on the gsw shallow rings if they do ring...

08-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Today's lakers lol

Joseph Kony
08-04-2016, 11:24 AM
as Chinook pointed out, he's basically staying an extra season so he can get paid more this and next season so he can opt and be eligible for a 10 year vet max in 2019. considering OKC is still probably going to meh I still wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. not like they locked him up long term, just gave them an extra year to find him a new beta

mavsfan1000
08-04-2016, 11:25 AM
First round exit. Lol

poeticism707
08-04-2016, 02:48 PM
First round exit. Lol

This.

whitemamba
08-04-2016, 03:19 PM
Let the "chucking" begin.

LkrFan
08-04-2016, 03:48 PM

Where have I pined for Westbrook? Quote me, if you can. Don't lump me in with all "delusional" Laker fans son. That would be a mistake.

I'm on record as saying I want our kids to grow together. I haven't seen us build thru the draft in 2 decades. Like I also said, once our kids begin to peak, the windows for Dubs, Cavs and Spurs' window will be closed. Why should we try to be good right now? It makes no sense.

Tully365
08-04-2016, 04:02 PM
OKC is really going in the opposite direction of most teams in this era with regards to 3pt shooting-- they'll be starting a backcourt of Westbrook & Oladipo, who have career 3pt%s of 30.2% & 33.9%, and both guys share the shortcoming of thinking it's ok to shoot relatively high volume threes despite their percentages. First guy off the bench Andre Roberson has shot 27% from three in his career. Golden State's starting PG, SG, SF, & PF will all have better 3pt percentages than OKC's starting backcourt. Ersan Ilyasova might be their starting PF and best 3 pt threat-- unfortunately he was one of the worst defensive forwards in the league last year and he's replacing one of the better defensive Forwards in the League in Ibaka. It all kind of looks like a recipe for disaster.

Thread
08-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Where have I pined for Westbrook? Quote me, if you can. Don't lump me in with all "delusional" Laker fans son. That would be a mistake.

I'm on record as saying I want our kids to grow together. I haven't seen us build thru the draft in 2 decades. Like I also said, once our kids begin to peak, the windows for Dubs, Cavs and Spurs' window will be closed. Why should we try to be good right now? It makes no sense.

You're wasting your time. It's nothing but a crutch for losers and a link to Media's grace, such as it is.

We're (still) now, afraid to move now, inert, in a state of shock. One grabs for the teddy bear then, the static, the perfectly round life preserver, grab on & dog paddle with the horde. They've been waiting on us.

DPG21920
08-04-2016, 04:07 PM

:lmao Laker fan trying to spin this. Even actual NBA players are making fun of the Lakers because of how obvious they were in thirsting for KD (no meeting with LA) and Westbrook:

Thread
08-04-2016, 04:08 PM
:lmao Laker fan trying to spin this. Even actual NBA players are making fun of the Lakers because of how obvious they were in thirsting for KD (no meeting with LA) and Westbrook:

You didn't get either one as well.

DPG21920
08-04-2016, 04:14 PM

NBA players aren't making fun of the Spurs. Own this. Don't be a chickenshit.

Clipper Nation
08-04-2016, 05:05 PM
They're laughing at your shit.

poeticism707
08-04-2016, 05:13 PM

Smart man.

The Lakers have a chance to be a contender

in 5 or 6 years if they just continue to build

through the draft.

And if they don't fuck it up chasing vets,

a la Steve Nash and D Howard...

LkrFan
08-04-2016, 05:52 PM

Even when the Lakers were perreniel contenders, haters, fans, and players tried to make fun of the Lakers. This is nothing new son.

LkrFan
08-04-2016, 05:53 PM
You're wasting your time. It's nothing but a crutch for losers and a link to Media's grace, such as it is.

We're (still) now, afraid to move now, inert, in a state of shock. One grabs for the teddy bear then, the static, the perfectly round life preserver, grab on & dog paddle with the horde. They've been waiting on us.

Agreed. Well said Cubby. :tu

LkrFan
08-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Smart man.

The Lakers have a chance to be a contender

in 5 or 6 years if they just continue to build

through the draft.

And if they don't fuck it up chasing vets,

a la Steve Nash and D Howard...

Agreed, but I think we'll be contending in 2-3 years. It will depend on how our kids develop and what players we can obtain to fortify/complement them.

td4mvp2k
08-04-2016, 06:40 PM
lakers :( we suck so bad we cant get one great player :(

Thread
08-04-2016, 07:18 PM
NBA players aren't making fun of the Spurs. Own this. Don't be a chickenshit.

Hell no they ain't. They were selling your shit and nothing was said cept by me.

Thread
08-04-2016, 07:19 PM
Even when the Lakers were perreniel contenders, haters, fans, and players tried to make fun of the Lakers. This is nothing new son.

Agreed. Well said LF. :tu

Thread
08-04-2016, 07:20 PM

Just don't even think about taking on Avante. I will crawl up and play dead in your shit the moment I get word.

Chris
08-04-2016, 08:47 PM

:lol

Spurtacular
08-04-2016, 10:57 PM

Spurtacular
08-04-2016, 10:58 PM

lefty
08-04-2016, 11:32 PM
as Chinook pointed out, he's basically staying an extra season so he can get paid more this and next season so he can opt and be eligible for a 10 year vet max in 2019. considering OKC is still probably going to meh I still wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. not like they locked him up long term, just gave them an extra year to find him a new beta