PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Official Spurstalk Basketball Diary Thread

Big Dog
08-07-2016, 01:01 AM
Post your bball experiences here as you go. Be they intramurals, city rec leagues, pick up, YMCA type shit..don't matter, whatever

Today: Balled at the local university rec center. Wrecked on some undergrads. Even though I loathe the fucking bitch that KD is I'm copping his new shoe in white. They are by far the best shoes I've ever worn.

apalisoc_9
08-07-2016, 01:16 AM
I'm 5'8...But i did a 360 dunk and niggas are impressed.

Thread
08-07-2016, 01:24 AM
I used to sneak out of the house on Sundays and go up to the school and play b-ball by myself. That way I'd avoid church. I'd stay up there till it was too late for church. I'd keep track of the time by looking into a classroom for the wall clock. I had great times though playing by myself.

Big Dog
08-07-2016, 01:26 AM
I used to sneak out of the house on Sundays and go up to the school and play b-ball by myself. That way I'd avoid church. I'd stay up there till it was too late for church. I'd keep track of the time by looking into a classroom for the wall clock. I had great times though playing by myself.
Who did you pretend to be? Bob Cousy? :lol

Big Dog
08-07-2016, 01:26 AM
I'm 5'8...But i did a 360 dunk and niggas are impressed.
Somewhere in those genes you have just enough fast-twitch

midnightpulp
08-07-2016, 01:32 AM
- Catholic League Champion (so I got a "ring," more like a trophy)

- Just starting to get back into it now at age 36, with a screw and plate in my ankle. Uncontested 23 foot three point jumpshot rate is currently at 41% (41/100 shots). I know Curry drilled 94/100 :lol If I can improve to a 60% rate, I'll be happy.

Probably going to pick up this.

http://shottracker.com/

Splits
08-07-2016, 01:34 AM

Ahhh, the pre-WWII era. Good times.

benefactor
08-08-2016, 06:29 AM
I did camps as a kid and developed pretty good fundamentals. I've played in mostly local rec leagues, but I haven't in years. I'd like to get back into it but I'm always worried about an injury. I'm a decent 3pt shooter with my feet set...mostly straight away and left wing. I kinda regret that I didn't play in HS. The only reason I didn't is the coach had a reputation as a dick and I didn't want to deal with his shit.

SpursforSix
08-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Dear Basketball Diary,

I met this girl in class today and I think she's really foxy. I hope she plays basketball on the girls team and maybe will get to see me play with the Varsity boys. If we get to travel together, I think I'm going to pass her a note.
If I can get some money from Dad, I'll buy her some nachos in between the JV games.

lefty
08-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Tried beisbol but was told I was way too athletic ; I said "but that's a good thing!"; coach replied "son, you wouldn't understand, you see ...it's complex"
I don't get. All I did was barely moving a finger

Whatever, so I tried basketball but I was told I was too white and that my shooting % was unusually high

Whatever, fuck you all

Thread
08-08-2016, 11:52 AM
In HS try outs were always kept under tight secrecy. There were more than enough boys then. All the sudden you'd hear the announcement on the PA system that there was a baseball, football, basketball game Friday nite. "Come on out and support your team."

One year I did make the baseball team though:::as statistician. tee, hee.

Big Dog
08-08-2016, 10:16 PM
Dear diary,

I played again today. Won 6 out of 7 pick up games and only lost the last one cause I didn't want to win it. For an hour I morphed into a Westbrook/Curry hybrid without the mouthpiece chewing and god acknowledging.

Not a bad outing at all..

apalisoc_9
08-08-2016, 11:32 PM
Dear diary,

I played again today. Won 6 out of 7 pick up games and only lost the last one cause I didn't want to win it. For an hour I morphed into a Westbrook/Curry hybrid without the mouthpiece chewing and god acknowledging.

Not a bad outing at all..

Big dog showing ot how' done. :tu

Spurtacular
08-08-2016, 11:32 PM

- Just starting to get back into it now at age 36, with a screw and plate in my ankle. Uncontested 23 foot three point jumpshot rate is currently at 41% (41/100 shots). I know Curry drilled 94/100 :lol If I can improve to a 60% rate, I'll be happy.

I could do 60. But fitness matters too. Right now, there'd be a pretty big drop-off in live action.

apalisoc_9
08-08-2016, 11:50 PM

41 is Godly in street ball tbh. I realize it's not live action but that's still pretty darn good. I probably wont even crack up 35 because of shorter stature i need to use more legs and shoulders. Ill get tired after 50 shots and the it goes downhill from there.

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 12:57 AM
41 is Godly in street ball tbh. I realize it's not live action but that's still pretty darn good. I probably wont even crack up 35 because of shorter stature i need to use more legs and shoulders. Ill get tired after 50 shots and the it goes downhill from there.

Thanks. We'll see if it's just a hot streak or if I can improve. My shot feels good.

Since I been fuckin' around posting vids of baseball shit, I might do a 100 shot 3 point challenge next. See what I can do under the pressure of a camera filming me.

Spurtacular
08-09-2016, 01:14 AM
I'm 5'8...

In platform shoes and a hat maybe :lol