PDA

View Full Version : White media's last hope for Luck breakout year, tbh

Pages : [1] 2

SuperCam
08-08-2016, 08:20 PM

This is pretty much the sentiment amongst the caucasian dominated sports media, gruden is just the face of this take now. In an era where all the best up and coming QBs are black it's causing more racial anxiety in the white punditry world the more time passes that Luck fails to live up to his status as the great white hope. They sure as shit don't want Jaemis and Wilson out there in the playoffs, let alone Cam doing his celebrations that prompted a million white suburban moms to write letters to the editors last year because their kids saw the demonstrative black man :lol

Goodell and the jew owners see how much power LeKing has brought to today's NBA players in terms of outspoken social commentary and they and their media accomplices will seek anything to stem that tide in the nfl. Luck who is near autistic was supposed to put a stop to that as black QBs have gone to 4 straight superbowls and don't look to stop anytime soon. Instead his career path following Elway or Peyton it's fallen closer to Jake Plummer, tbh. White media already gave him a free pass for last year's failure but they know they can't get away with that twice so they are doubling down and praying.

who knows one more mediocre year and maybe with brady gone soon they try to make tannehill the answer :lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpTAC3gUMAAaxHW.jpg

DPG21920
08-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Luck has all the physical tools but this is undoubtedly a huge year for him. Russ continues to impress, Cam took the step forward & Luck has to be better.

It's obvious how talented he is, but they are not very talented IMO, but no excuses.

spankadelphia
08-11-2016, 02:23 PM
You usually tank for a few years before acquiring your next franchise QB. The straight passing of the torch from Manning to Luck put the Colt's FO in a bind.

Avante
08-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Andrew Luck last season at Stanford.

Comp %71.3
TD/INT...37-10
QB rating...169.7

Russell Wilson's final NCAA season.

34-4
191.8...an NCAA record

I have never figured out where anyone ever got this silly idea Luck was better than Wilson. Now look at what Wilson has done compared to Luck.

NFL career stats

Russell Wilson

comp% 64.7
TD/INT...106-34....three times as many TDs
QB rating 101.8

Andrew Luck

101-55....not even twice as many TD's as INT's

Everything we see above tells the story.

Pelicans78
08-11-2016, 06:43 PM
You usually tank for a few years before acquiring your next franchise QB. The straight passing of the torch from Manning to Luck put the Colt's FO in a bind.

You're a freaking Saints fan too? Fine. Truce :toast

Clipper Nation
08-11-2016, 09:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VXyS9lP.gif

Luck would have dove for that fumble like it was his last meal. Cum Newton is an embarrassment to the game of football. He's the face of Goodell's watered-down pussy league.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2016, 09:52 PM
I have never figured out where anyone ever got this silly idea Luck was better than Wilson.

That's funny, I seem to recall a certain old faggot humping Luck's leg before he ever heard of Struggle Wilson.

While I put well nothing into preseason football Luck is going to be a solid NFL QB. He has it rudden all over him.

While I but little into the preseason because of the simple defense played it's very obvious Luck is the real deal. Obviouly he'll never be another Peyton or Johnny U but few are.

Two more drafts, a couple seasons for Luck to get NFL expereince and a couple big free agent signing and the Colts will be contending for a playoff spot.

The Colts will have a solid QB for the next 10 years or so. They will pay the $$$$$ to surround Luck with talent. So it is just a matter of time, they are a winning franchise and will continue to be that. Two seasons and they will be back in the mix.

Avante
08-12-2016, 04:25 PM
That's funny, I seem to recall a certain old faggot humping Luck's leg before he ever heard of Struggle Wilson.

Stupid...

He will never be another Unitas or Manning.

He will be a solid QB.

Yep, I nailed it AGAIN, he will never be another Unitas/Manning and he is.....solid.

I knew about RW when he was still in HS, so wrong as usual.

Do you ever get anything right, ever?

Hey stupid, find what I said about RW vs Luck, ok?

chunticakes
08-12-2016, 09:48 PM
Cool thread. Trying to spin Cum over Luck again :lol

unleashbaynes
08-13-2016, 07:59 AM
Cam Newton is a better QB than Andrew Luck so far. I don't know how you can argue any different. Luck has had one good season. Cam has better stats and has made it further in the playoffs, and without a real #1 receiver.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-13-2016, 09:12 AM
Cam Newton is a better QB than Andrew Luck so far. I don't know how you can argue any different. Luck has had one good season. Cam has better stats and has made it further in the playoffs, and without a real #1 receiver.

Really would like to see you back up that argument.

2011- Cum went 6-10 with 21 TD and 17 INT for 4,051 yards. Failed to reach the playoffs.
2012- Cum went 7-9 19 TD and 12 INT for 3,869 yards. Failed to reach the playoffs. Andrew Luck went 11-5 23 TD and 18 INT for 4,374 yards. Made Playoffs
2013- Cum went 12-4 24 TD and 13 INT for 3,379 yards. First round bye lost in divisional round. Andrew Luck went 11-5 23 TD 9 Int for 3,822 yards. Won wild card lost in divisional round.

2014- Cum went 7-8-1 18 TD and 12 INT for 3,127 yards. Won WC game and lost in divisional round Andrew Luck went 11-5 40 TD and 16 INT for 4,761 yards lost in AFCC

2015 Cum had a great year 15-1 35 TD and 10 INT for 3,837 yards. Lost in SB Luck missed 9 games with multiple injuries.

So aside from 2015 when exactly has Cum Newton been a better QB than Andrew Luck? Luck has done more with much less and I don't know how anyone can argue that.

unleashbaynes
08-13-2016, 09:15 AM
You forgot the part where Luck's stats are the same as Ryan Tannehill's. Would love to see you get around that one.

unleashbaynes
08-13-2016, 09:19 AM
Also, staying healthy is a skill. It's part of the game. So don't give me the injury bullshit, especially when Matt H:lolsselbeck came in and out-performed your boy.

chunticakes
08-13-2016, 11:03 AM
You forgot the part where Luck's stats are the same as Ryan Tannehill's. Would love to see you get around that one.

So then by that logic Tannehill >>>Luck>>>Cum.

Clipper Nation
08-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Cum Newton is a joke compared to Luck. He has always had a more stacked supporting cast than Luck, especially defensively. And are we supposed to pretend like Cum hasn't been throwing to the likes of Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Kelvin Benjamin his whole career? Even Devin Funchess started acting like somebody down the stretch of last season.

With all the help he's had around him, here's the facts about Cum's "MVP" season:

The Panthers had the easiest schedule in the NFL according to Football Outsiders. (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff) Their opponents had an average DVOA of -8.6%. Cum's stats were inflated against piss-poor competition.
The Falcons, Saints and Bucs were 26th, 28th, and 21st in DVOA respectively last season. The Panthers were a good team in a horrible division.
Somehow, the Panthers still managed to lose to one of those teams. The Falcons rushed 5 all game and exposed Cum's utter inability to play under pressure. Cum's passer rating dropped more than 40 points on average under pressure. (http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/05/super-bowl-50-nfl-panthers-loss-falcons-dan-quinn-strategy) If he didn't get the luxury of frolicking through a cupcake schedule last year, he'd have been exposed bigtime.
Even against that weak schedule, Cum still had eight games last year where he put up a passer rating under 80. That's Nick Foles/Teddy Bridgewater territory. And many of those performances came against awful teams like the Bucs, Jaguars and Cowboys.
Traditionally, MVP-winning quarterbacks rank in the top 3 in DYAR, a stat that takes every play a quarterback makes in a season, adjusts for the opposing defenses, and compares it to what a replacement-level player would put up. Cum Newton was 11th last year (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb) - trailing guys like Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins and Jay Cutler, and only a couple spots ahead of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith.

Keep in mind that last season is Cum's BEST year as a quarterback, his "breakout season" where he "matured" and blossomed into a true MVP - and it was still totally unimpressive. Carson Palmer, you the real MVP.

Meanwhile, Luck had the season from hell, with an inept coaching staff, terrible offensive line, and only getting to play in 7 games last year due to several severe injuries.

Remind me again why Cum deserves to be crowned the superior quarterback based on one fluky, overrated season?

djohn2oo8
08-13-2016, 11:36 AM
Cum Newton is a joke compared to Luck. He has always had a more stacked supporting cast than Luck, especially defensively. And are we supposed to pretend like Cum hasn't been throwing to the likes of Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Kelvin Benjamin his whole career? Even Devin Funchess started acting like somebody down the stretch of last season.

With all the help he's had around him, here's the facts about Cum's "MVP" season:

The Panthers had the easiest schedule in the NFL according to Football Outsiders. (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff) Their opponents had an average DVOA of -8.6%. Cum's stats were inflated against piss-poor competition.
The Falcons, Saints and Bucs were 20th, 17th and 30th in DVOA respectively last season. The Panthers were a good team in a horrible division. Somehow, the Panthers still managed to lose to one of those teams. The Falcons rushed 5 all game and exposed Cum's utter inability to play under pressure. Cum's passer rating dropped more than 40 points on average under pressure. (http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/05/super-bowl-50-nfl-panthers-loss-falcons-dan-quinn-strategy) If he didn't get the luxury of frolicking through a cupcake schedule last year, he'd have been exposed bigtime.
Even against that weak schedule, Cum still had eight games last year where he put up a passer rating under 80. That's Nick Foles/Teddy Bridgewater territory. And many of those performances came against awful teams like the Bucs, Jaguars and Cowboys.
Traditionally, MVP-winning quarterbacks rank in the top 3 in DYAR, a stat that takes every play a quarterback makes in a season, adjusts for the opposing defenses, and compares it to what a replacement-level player would put up. Cum Newton was 11th last year (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb) - trailing guys like Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins and Jay Cutler, and only a couple spots ahead of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith.

Keep in mind that last season is Cum's BEST year as a quarterback, his "breakout season" where he "matured" and blossomed into a true MVP - and it was still totally unimpressive. Carson Palmer, you the real MVP.

Meanwhile, Luck had the season from hell, with an inept coaching staff, terrible offensive line, and only getting to play in 7 games last year due to several severe injuries.

Remind me again why Cum deserves to be crowned the superior quarterback based on one fluky, overrated season?
There have been plenty of QBs with terrible offensive lines...Like Rodgers for one, but he doesn't throw picks at rate like Luck does.

TheGreatYacht
08-13-2016, 11:39 AM
:lol Andrew Luck

Didn't know that faggot even had fans. Might be the worst QB in his division after this year, maybe Osweiler might be worse.

Clipper Nation
08-13-2016, 11:42 AM
There have been plenty of QBs with terrible offensive lines...Like Rodgers for one, but he doesn't throw picks at rate like Luck does.
I agree that great quarterbacks can deal with poor O-lines. The Colts' O-line has always sucked and has always been a revolving door of injuries during Luck's time in Indy, and he's put up some impressive seasons in the past.

Last year was rock bottom for their O-line, though. I don't think anyone would have looked good behind it. Luck had a torn abdominal, a lascerated spleen, separated his shoulder, and missed a large chunk of the season. Kind of hard to put up nice-looking stats from a stretcher.

djohn2oo8
08-13-2016, 11:45 AM
I agree that great quarterbacks can deal with poor O-lines. The Colts' O-line has always sucked and has always been a revolving door of injuries during Luck's time in Indy, and he's put up some impressive seasons in the past.

Last year was rock bottom for their O-line, though. I don't think anyone would have looked good behind it. Luck had a torn abdominal, a lascerated spleen, separated his shoulder, and missed a large chunk of the season. Kind of hard to put up nice-looking stats from a stretcher.
I agree. And I'm not sure they have done anything to address that yet.

Clipper Nation
08-13-2016, 11:53 AM
I agree. And I'm not sure they have done anything to address that yet.
They went O-line heavy in the draft this year. They got a center in the first round, a tackle in the third round, another tackle in the fifth round, and another center in the seventh round.

spurraider21
08-13-2016, 02:51 PM

http://txmgv24xack1i8jje2nayxpr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/us/files/2016/03/Matthew2-660x400.jpg

Clipper Nation
08-13-2016, 04:18 PM
http://txmgv24xack1i8jje2nayxpr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/us/files/2016/03/Matthew2-660x400.jpg
Nice troll attempt, but Hasselbeck was on the sidelines all but one of their tough opponents (Pittsburgh). He didn't have to face the Patriots, the Broncos, or that stacked Carolina defense. He was still below replacement level overall last year behind that O-line. That includes losing consecutive games by 35 points each - including a three-turnover performance against Pittsburgh.

It's also funny how Luck's haters are playing the Hasselbeck card. Last I checked, the Panthers are still undefeated with Derek Anderson as their starter.

spurraider21
08-13-2016, 04:57 PM
im not a luck hater, he's just been overhyped imo

he's had 1 great season so far, and both his playoff runs have ended with peyton-esque performances against the pats

:lol... and you can't play the "ur trolling" card if ur going to pretend to be serious about the anderson>newton thing

Clipper Nation
08-13-2016, 05:57 PM
And I'm not a huge Luck fan. I'm pretty ambivalent about him, actually. I'm just not stupid enough to pretend that game managers are better than him because he had one snakebit season. If he continues to suck when healthy, then sure, he'll start getting (and deserving) criticism.

SuperCam
08-14-2016, 08:20 PM

2011- Cum went 6-10 with 21 TD and 17 INT for 4,051 yards. Failed to reach the playoffs.
2012- Cum went 7-9 19 TD and 12 INT for 3,869 yards. Failed to reach the playoffs. Andrew Luck went 11-5 23 TD and 18 INT for 4,374 yards. Made Playoffs
2013- Cum went 12-4 24 TD and 13 INT for 3,379 yards. First round bye lost in divisional round. Andrew Luck went 11-5 23 TD 9 Int for 3,822 yards. Won wild card lost in divisional round.

2014- Cum went 7-8-1 18 TD and 12 INT for 3,127 yards. Won WC game and lost in divisional round Andrew Luck went 11-5 40 TD and 16 INT for 4,761 yards lost in AFCC

2015 Cum had a great year 15-1 35 TD and 10 INT for 3,837 yards. Lost in SB Luck missed 9 games with multiple injuries.

So aside from 2015 when exactly has Cum Newton been a better QB than Andrew Luck? Luck has done more with much less and I don't know how anyone can argue that.

Did you really think people were going to overlook the obviousness of you not including rushing TDs at all :lol

SuperCam
08-14-2016, 08:21 PM

:cry injures :cry
:cry not andrew's fault :cry
:cry teammates making him look bad :cry

SuperCam
08-14-2016, 08:25 PM
Cum Newton is a joke compared to Luck. He has always had a more stacked supporting cast than Luck, especially defensively. And are we supposed to pretend like Cum hasn't been throwing to the likes of Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Kelvin Benjamin his whole career? Even Devin Funchess started acting like somebody down the stretch of last season.With all the help he's had around him, here's the facts about Cum's "MVP" season:

What is this faggotry? andrew tannyhill's been throwing to TY Hilton and Reggie Wayne caliber WRs every year while Cam's best receiver last year was Ted Ginn ffs :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-14-2016, 09:21 PM

Cam Newton started out on a 2-14 team that had no receivers, running game, or defense, unlike Luck who joined a playoff powerhouse before the best QB in the game fucked his neck up. Cam was better in 2013, playing in a tougher division, he won 13 out of his last 14 games, and had a playoff bye. If you put rushing into the consideration, the stats are not even close. Without rushing, Newton had a better year passing and had better efficiency.

This whole "more with less" thing is most laughable. In the past four years, Newton was hit more than 2x the next most hit QB. His receiving core has consisted of Steve Smith, Kelvin Benjamin, Ted Ginn Jr, Devin Funchess, and Brandon Lafell throughout his career. His MVP season his top three weapons were Greg Olsen, Ted Ginn Jr and Philly Brown. What Newton did last year was more impressive than anything Luck has ever done.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-14-2016, 09:24 PM

The Falcons, Saints and Bucs were 26th, 28th, and 21st in DVOA respectively last season. The Panthers were a good team in a horrible division.
Somehow, the Panthers still managed to lose to one of those teams. The Falcons rushed 5 all game and exposed Cum's utter inability to play under pressure. Cum's passer rating dropped more than 40 points on average under pressure. (http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/05/super-bowl-50-nfl-panthers-loss-falcons-dan-quinn-strategy) If he didn't get the luxury of frolicking through a cupcake schedule last year, he'd have been exposed bigtime.

Your "weak schedule" point is moot when you put into consideration they stomped the Seahawks twice, beat the Packers blue, dominated the Cardinals and beat other playoff teams such as the Texans, Redskins, etc. They also played teams that were in the playoff picture the year before, such as the Colts, Eagles, Giants, etc.

Your entire argument is based off statistics without any context. Which is why, of course, your opinion is moot. It's also why you didn't show up the four months the season was going on last year like a cuck.

Cam Newton was the first QB in history to break 35/10. In the redzone he threw 24 touchdowns, 0 interceptions (:lol Luck) and ran for 9 touchdowns.

It's so cute to see you faggots using a bad offensive line, injuries, etc. but fail to recognize the same issues that plagued Newton, namely last year.

The best part is last year was just the beginning. Carolina is very young and lost virtually no pieces. Newton will dominate for years to come.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-14-2016, 10:35 PM
What is this faggotry? andrew tannyhill's been throwing to TY Hilton and Reggie Wayne caliber WRs every year while Cam's best receiver last year was Ted Ginn ffs :lol

What about Cums elite defense and superior running game. Not to mention a top 5 TE in Olsen. Quit trying to act like Cum has been doing it alone.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-14-2016, 11:13 PM
Cam Newton started out on a 2-14 team that had no receivers, running game, or defense, unlike Luck who joined a playoff powerhouse before the best QB in the game fucked his neck up. Cam was better in 2013, playing in a tougher division, he won 13 out of his last 14 games, and had a playoff bye. If you put rushing into the consideration, the stats are not even close. Without rushing, Newton had a better year passing and had better efficiency.

This whole "more with less" thing is most laughable. In the past four years, Newton was hit more than 2x the next most hit QB. His receiving core has consisted of Steve Smith, Kelvin Benjamin, Ted Ginn Jr, Devin Funchess, and Brandon Lafell throughout his career. His MVP season his top three weapons were Greg Olsen, Ted Ginn Jr and Philly Brown. What Newton did last year was more impressive than anything Luck has ever done.

"Playoff powerhouse" :lol. You literally have no idea what you are talking about. Luck took over a 2-14 team as well. The "playoff powerhouse" you refer to was completely gutted before Luck got there. The only remaining Colts from Mannings 2010 team that were around in 2012 were Mathis, Freeney, Punter Pat Mcafee, Adam Vinateri and Reggie Wayne. Even the GM and coaching staff was replaced. When Andrew took over he had a rookie at every skill position on offense except for WR1.

Its also funny how the only argument you have for Cam having a better year than Luck is 2013. Yet Luck still finished with more yards, only 1 less TD less Interceptions, and 2 less rushing TDS. More efficient? They had the same passer rating and Cam was at 61% completion rating while luck was at 60% and had 100 more attempts and 50 more completions.

So what exactly do Luck and the Colts have roster wise that isn't inferior to the Panthers? WR's you can make an argument for but it's really not that much better. O-Line? Running backs? Defense? I'm legitimately curious....

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-14-2016, 11:30 PM

Reggie Wayne was on the decline when Luck got there. By late 2013 he was pretty much done. TY has been solid since his rookie season and Moncrief is just now emerging but other than that? Hakeem Nicks, Austin Collie, Da'Rick Rogers, Lavon Brazill, Andre Johnson, and Donnie Avery haven't been anything special.

Vick Ballard, Trent Fucking Richardson, and Ahmad Bradshaw is really all I have to say when it comes to RBs. Indy hasn't had a 100 yard rusher in 4 years..... Think about that, Andrew Luck has never had a RB to be able to control the game from the ground.

Clipper Nation
08-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Did you really think people were going to overlook the obviousness of you not including rushing TDs at all :lol
Gimmick touchdowns are irrelevant when comparing quarterbacks. The QB's primary job is to pass the ball, and Luck has always been better at that than Cum. That's why Luck is a franchise QB and Cum is just the black Tebow.

As I already mentioned, Devin Funchess became a very solid receiving threat in the second half of last season, and he was only a rookie. Cum has also had the luxury of throwing to guys like Greg Olsen, Steve Smith, and Kelvin Benjamin.

Meanwhile, other than Hilton and a washed-up Reggie Wayne, Luck has been throwing to... Griff Whalen? Coby Fleener? The corpse of Andre Johnson?

Your "weak schedule" point is moot when you put into consideration they stomped the Seahawks twice, beat the Packers blue, dominated the Cardinals and beat other playoff teams such as the Texans, Redskins, etc. They also played teams that were in the playoff picture the year before, such as the Colts, Eagles, Giants, etc.
My "weak schedule" point is not moot. It's a statistical fact. The Panthers played four playoff teams in the regular season, and none of them were elite. They also feasted on the weakest division in football.

Your entire argument is based off statistics without any context. Which is why, of course, your opinion is moot. It's also why you didn't show up the four months the season was going on last year like a cuck.
I gave plenty of context. You just ignored it.

I was here all last season, pointing out how Cum Newton is overrated. Meanwhile, you went into hiding for months after your boy choked the Super Bowl away.

Cam Newton was the first QB in history to break 35/10. In the redzone he threw 24 touchdowns, 0 interceptions (:lol Luck) and ran for 9 touchdowns.
And here, ironically, you've left out the context that he was padding his stats against a high school schedule.

It's so cute to see you faggots using a bad offensive line, injuries, etc. but fail to recognize the same issues that plagued Newton, namely last year.
The Panthers had the second-best offensive line in the entire league last year :lmao

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/

The Panthers were also the sixth least-injured team in football.

Quit pretending you're a Panthers fan and just admit that you're a player fan. You don't know shit about your own team.

The best part is last year was just the beginning. Carolina is very young and lost virtually no pieces. Newton will dominate for years to come.
The Panthers were the second-oldest team in the NFL last year, with an average age of 26.89:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age/

:lol Again, you have no clue what you're talking about.

SuperCam
08-15-2016, 01:25 PM
Gimmick touchdowns? A touchdown is 6 points either way moron :lol And Cam has a higher career completion percentage than Luck and a better QB rating as well so he's throwing it better too :lol

Thanks for the reminder that Cam took a 2nd round rookie WR and made him serviceable last season, great job Cam :tu

AFC South teams not named Indy won 17 games last season. NFC south teams not named Carolina won 21 games last season. Year before that NFC South's other teams won more than the AFC south other teams. And the year before that. And the year before that. So every year that Luck has been in the league :lol

Andrew .500 career record outside of division :lol
https://fansided.com/2016/06/29/5-reasons-andrew-luck-extension-bad-move-colts/4/

White QB ranking, tbh:

1. Tom
2. Big rape
3. Gayrodg
4. Brees
5. Palmer
6. Romo
7. Rivers
8. Eli
9. Ryan
10. Carr

:cry Ryan and Andrew tannyhill not in top 10 :cry

Raven
08-15-2016, 01:50 PM

ok bro

Clipper Nation
08-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Gimmick touchdowns? A touchdown is 6 points either way moron :lol
Run-first quarterbacks are gimmicks. There's a reason why traditional pocket passers win the overwhelming majority of championships in the NFL. It's one thing to run around and dive head-first into the end zone in garbage time against a terrible team, but the great dual-threat quarterbacks can beat you with their arm even when you take their scrambling threat away. As we found out in the Super Bowl this year, Cum still can't do that.

And Cam has a higher career completion percentage than Luck and a better QB rating as well so he's throwing it better too :lol
As has already been explained countless times, Cum has had better receivers around him the entire time. Additionally, Cum has had the benefit of one more year in the league to compile stats than Luck, and also benefited from Luck getting injured and only being able to play 7 games last year.

Thanks for the reminder that Cam took a 2nd round rookie WR and made him serviceable last season, great job Cam :tu
Eight games with sub-80 passer ratings, mostly against shit teams, says that Cum isn't making anyone better. So does a worse DYAR than the likes of Jay Cutler and Kirk Cousins. Funchess improved in spite of his quarterback.

AFC South teams not named Indy won 17 games last season. NFC south teams not named Carolina won 21 games last season.
The NFC South got to play the atrocious NFC East last year. (That explains why Atlanta got off to that fluky 5-0 start - four of those games were against the NFC Least.) The AFC South didn't get the benefit of playing those creampuffs on top of their atrocious division schedule.

The NFC South and the AFC South also got to play each other last year. The NFC South went 10-6. Take the Panthers out of the equation and it's an even 6-6. So you can't really say that Cum's divisional opponents were any better than Luck's based on head-to-head wins and losses.

That's where advanced stats like DVOA need to be used to make a better comparison. According to DVOA, Houston (18th) was better than anyone other than Carolina in the AFC South, and Jacksonville (25th) was better than Atlanta and New Orleans.

Finally, the Colts' strength of schedule was ranked 21st in the league by Football Outsiders' stats. Not amazing, but better than Carolina's, which brought up the rear as the league's easiest schedule.

Andrew .500 career record outside of division :lol
https://fansided.com/2016/06/29/5-reasons-andrew-luck-extension-bad-move-colts/4/
Going into last season, Cum Newton had a losing record outside of his division. This is despite having more talent around him on both offense and defense than Luck has ever had. Fortunately for Cum, he was gifted the league's weakest schedule and a stacked team to carry him last year while Luck missed most of the season.

unleashbaynes
08-16-2016, 12:03 AM
Are you kidding me with that strength of schedule argument? The Colts get to play the Jags, Texans, and Titans twice every year. Wouldn't exactly call that murderer's row.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-16-2016, 07:54 AM
Are you kidding me with that strength of schedule argument? The Colts get to play the Jags, Texans, and Titans twice every year. Wouldn't exactly call that murderer's row.

He is desperately grasping for straws. "Gimmick touchdowns", "sixth best squad with injuries" - just stop

Clipper Nation
08-16-2016, 08:55 AM

The Falcons, Saints and Bucs aren't exactly a murderer's row anymore either, now that all three of them have gone back to their historical suckitude. Couple that with getting to play the equally horrendous NFC East, as well as the same AFC South that you're mocking, and it's not a surprise that the Panthers had a very inflated record last year.

Plus, the Colts had to face the Patriots, Broncos, and Steelers in the regular season last year. That is a murderer's row. And they had to do it with either a severely banged-up Luck or a 40-year-old Matt Hasselbeck under center. The Panthers faced no such challenges in the regular season.

Face it, the Panthers played a creampuff schedule. Cum Newton padded his stats against scrubs and got exposed in the Super Bowl that his defense carried him to.

Clipper Nation
08-16-2016, 08:56 AM
He is desperately grasping for straws. "Gimmick touchdowns", "sixth best squad with injuries" - just stop

You're the one who actually tried to play the injury card for Cum Newton when the Panthers were one of the healthiest teams in the league last year. That's the textbook definition of grasping for straws.

Clipper Nation
08-16-2016, 09:01 AM
"He just hasn't faced nobody," cornerback Chris Harris Jr. said. "We looked at their schedule. They played the AFC South. They played the, what conference are they in? I don't know what division they're in."

The NFC South.

"They haven't played nobody man," Harris continued. "So you look at the schedule and we're the first dogs they've played."

Chris

"Everybody was talking Carolina this, Carolina that," Marshall said. "They haven't played a defense like us."

Brandon

unleashbaynes
08-19-2016, 11:14 AM
Luck is over rated. Go ahead and keep hitching your wagon to the guy with worse playoff stats than Mark Sanchez. I'll take Cam's MVP and success and say he's had the better career so far.

DPG21920
08-19-2016, 05:14 PM
Reports out of camp that Luck is not looking too great either. Will be interesting to say the least.

Clipper Nation
08-19-2016, 06:18 PM
Luck is over rated. Go ahead and keep hitching your wagon to the guy with worse playoff stats than Mark Sanchez. I'll take Cam's MVP and success and say he's had the better career so far.
I'm not "hitching my wagon" to anyone. I'm just not going to suck a game manager off for having a fluke season against cupcakes.

Trainwreck2100
08-21-2016, 03:18 AM
I'm not "hitching my wagon" to anyone. I'm just not going to suck a game manager off for having a fluke season against cupcakes.

played in the shittiest division in the nfc and matched up against the shittiest conference in the afc.

unleashbaynes
08-21-2016, 08:35 AM
:lol keep making excuses. Strength of schedule doesn't mean as much in the NFL as it does in other sports, there's only 16 games. Even the Patriots somehow manage to lose one to the Bills every year. All you're telling me is that he beats the teams he's supposed to beat.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-21-2016, 01:09 PM
Reports out of camp that Luck is not looking too great either. Will be interesting to say the least.

Not sure what camp you have been following, but despite some early rust Luck has played well in Anderson.

Luck looked pretty Damn good in his first pre season game last night as well. It helps that the O-line was giving him a clean pocket for once.

spurraider21
08-21-2016, 01:34 PM
Not sure what camp you have been following, but despite some early rust Luck has played well in Anderson.

Luck looked pretty Damn good in his first pre season game last night as well. It helps that the O-line was giving him a clean pocket for once.
rotoworld has given periodic updates/blurbs, and they've called his camp "uneven" and "underwhelming" in separate posts

Clipper Nation
08-21-2016, 03:52 PM
:lol keep making excuses. Strength of schedule doesn't mean as much in the NFL as it does in other sports, there's only 16 games. Even the Patriots somehow manage to lose one to the Bills every year. All you're telling me is that he beats the teams he's supposed to beat.
I'm not even talking about wins and losses. That Panthers team was stacked, of course they were going to win lots of games. I'm talking about individual performance.

The reality is, Cum Newton padded his stats against nobodies last year on a stacked team, and he still got exposed under pressure against Atlanta and Denver. He's spent the rest of his career as a mediocre game manager. You can feel free to take his fluke season last year (which wasn't even that impressive in context) as an indication of what's to come. I'm personally chalking it up to an outlier until proven otherwise.

If I see Cum Newton beating teams with his arm and his brain this year, I'll gladly admit that I'm wrong and that he's a franchise QB. If he continues to rely on gimmicks and athleticism like he has his entire career, his fluffers will have to eat crow.

unleashbaynes
08-21-2016, 05:33 PM
If he gets exposed, ill gladly admit that i was too high on him. I just don't see it happening. You make some good points though. And i get the feeling that Luck is about to make me look foolish with my criticisms.

Good shit CN. Unlike others, you can back up your takes.

Spur-Addict
08-22-2016, 09:31 AM
It seems like they will include the short passing game more often. Makes sense given his penchant for turnovers, and lower completion percentage. I like Luck, and hope he succeeds. They've certainly given him the tools on offense, that aerial game should be working this year. Addressed the O-Line as well.

BackHome
08-24-2016, 04:21 PM
It's a team game the Colts have a terrible offensive line no running back and also a terrible defense.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-24-2016, 06:38 PM
If he gets exposed, ill gladly admit that i was too high on him. I just don't see it happening. You make some good points though. And i get the feeling that Luck is about to make me look foolish with my criticisms.

He's not backing up anything. He's playing strawman and stating only half the facts. He can pull up all the analytics he wants, but stats have context. If stats meant everything, Russell Wilson, Alex Smith among others would be the greatest QB's in history. He actually sounds really foolish and naive... basically doing damage control for the shitty threads that I (to stop him from killing himself) haven't bumped.

Clipper Nation
08-26-2016, 07:04 PM

:bobo

Clipper Nation
08-26-2016, 07:12 PM
He's not backing up anything. He's playing strawman and stating only half the facts. He can pull up all the analytics he wants, but stats have context. If stats meant everything, Russell Wilson, Alex Smith among others would be the greatest QB's in history. He actually sounds really foolish and naive... basically doing damage control for the shitty threads that I (to stop him from killing himself) haven't bumped.
Stats do have context. The context that Cum benefited from a stacked team and the league's easiest schedule applies to his stats last year.

I've consistently backed up my criticisms of him for years with facts and stats. Your responses have been either delusional (comparing him to Warren Moon and Joe Montana) or lame excuses (blaming injuries with one of the league's healthiest teams).

djohn2oo8
08-28-2016, 12:47 PM
still having OL issues

DPG21920
08-29-2016, 03:20 PM
That's the one thing I never understood about the Luck haters - they always acted like Luck had some stacked team and he failed. He has his short comings for sure, but his team and o-line has been really, really bad and still is.

SuperCam
09-18-2016, 10:42 PM
White media starting to turn on Andrew Tannyhill :lol

HarlemHeat37
09-18-2016, 11:24 PM
While it's true that his offensive line, run game, defense and organization as a whole has been an embarrassment without Manning, Luck is certainly the most overrated QB in recent memory(along with Wilson)..

Clipper Nation
09-18-2016, 11:33 PM
Meanwhile, when Struggle Wilson or Scam Newton lose a game, "white media" starts playing the race card and throwing coaches and teammates under the bus. If the media is so racist, why does Struggle keep getting a free pass? The Seahawks' offense just keeps getting worse the more they rely on him. It now looks like the '92 Seahawks with Dan McGwire, Kelly Stouffer and Stan Gelbaugh under center.

spurraider21
09-19-2016, 12:18 AM
Meanwhile, when Struggle Wilson or Scam Newton lose a game, "white media" starts playing the race card and throwing coaches and teammates under the bus. If the media is so racist, why does Struggle keep getting a free pass? The Seahawks' offense just keeps getting worse the more they rely on him. It now looks like the '92 Seahawks with Dan McGwire, Kelly Stouffer and Stan Gelbaugh under center.
:lol... when has the media played the race card to defend wilson after a loss. lets take today. the seahawks last to the rams (as usual). show me the media playing the race card to defend wilson today

Avante
09-19-2016, 03:37 AM
WEEK TWO PEOPLE, WEEK TWO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But, here it is Andrew Lucks fifth season so he has had time, so why is he STILL losing games with INTs/fumbles? As of right now he wouldn't make a zit on the butt of Russell Wilson and all the numbers prove that. And, he is no Cam Newton either.

Wilson has a career 101.2 QB rating, Luck has a 85.7.

Wilson 107/35 td/int, Luck 105/55

Try and find any HOF/legendary QB with three times more TD;s that INT's, good luck~

Tom Brady's first 4 seasons of starting 92/52.

Wow~~~ Peyton Manning 111/...................................89~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Brett Favre 110/64

Dan Marino 142/67

Drew Brees 79/53

Big Ben 84/54

Russell Wilson is unique with three times as many TD's an INT's.

Avante
09-19-2016, 05:08 AM
Speaking of the white media.

Look at what is coming to the NFL out of the NCAA. There will come a time soon when half the NFL will have black QB's. The days of standing tall in the pocket are coming to an end, in todays game you better be able to evade tacklers, have some running ability.

Very few white QB;s can do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGKWpVPbjbw

Guess where he is headed, how about Texas A&M? Yep, the next Johnny Football.(on the field) and he has more speed.

manufan10
09-19-2016, 03:15 PM
^ Martell is committed to Ohio State now.

Clipper Nation
09-19-2016, 03:35 PM
:lol... when has the media played the race card to defend wilson after a loss.
After the Seahawks lost to the Rams and fell to 3-3 two seasons ago, Media invented the fake controversy about Struggle not being "black enough" for his team's locker room. That gave them an excuse to spend the next week crying about the "racism" that black quarterbacks face in a league where 68% of the players are black. That way, they didn't have to spend any time discussing how the team was underachieving under Struggle's "leadership," including losses to shitty Chargers and Rams teams that would go on to miss the playoffs.

They pull the same shit with Scam Newton, too. All last season, Media's top storyline was that any criticism of his behavior during games was racist. After the Super Bowl, they spent more time worrying about what idiots were saying about Scam on Twitter than about how their new golden boy choked, quit on his team and threw a childish temper tantrum after losing. This year, when Scam (to his credit) pointed out that it isn't actually racist to criticize him, Media had a coronary and started begging everyone not to listen to him.

Meanwhile, when Luck has one game where he can't carry his atrocious coaching staff and deadweight supporting cast on his back all by himself, Media starts parsing every word from his postgame press conference and bashing him for... complimenting the other team on the plays they made? Pointing out that his receivers didn't win their matchups? I'm not really sure what Doyel's problem is, tbh. But when Scam Newton costs his team the Super Bowl by refusing to dive on a fumble, then makes a big show of flopping to the ground and writhing in agony on the sidelines, it's somehow "racist" to call him a quitter and a sore loser.

Avante
09-19-2016, 03:43 PM
After the Seahawks lost to the Rams and fell to 3-3 two seasons ago, Media invented the fake controversy about Struggle not being "black enough" for his team's locker room. That gave them an excuse to spend the next week crying about the "racism" that black quarterbacks face in a league where 68% of the players are black. That way, they didn't have to spend any time discussing how the team was underachieving under Struggle's "leadership," including losses to shitty Chargers and Rams teams that would go on to miss the playoffs.

They pull the same shit with Scam Newton, too. All last season, Media's top storyline was that any criticism of his behavior during games was racist. After the Super Bowl, they spent more time worrying about what idiots were saying about Scam on Twitter than about how their new golden boy choked, quit on his team and threw a childish temper tantrum after losing. This year, when Scam (to his credit) pointed out that it isn't actually racist to criticize him, Media had a coronary and started begging everyone not to listen to him.

Meanwhile, when Luck has one game where he can't carry his atrocious coaching staff and deadweight supporting cast on his back all by himself, Media starts parsing every word from his postgame press conference and bashing him for... complimenting the other team on the plays they made? Pointing out that his receivers didn't win their matchups? I'm not really sure what Doyel's problem is, tbh. But when Scam Newton costs his team the Super Bowl by refusing to dive on a fumble, then makes a big show of flopping to the ground and writhing in agony on the sidelines, it's somehow "racist" to call him a quitter and a sore loser.

translation

RW and Cam Newton play in SB's, Andrew Lock throws INT's.

Clipper Nation
09-19-2016, 03:50 PM
translation

RW and Cam Newton play in SB's, Andrew Lock throws INT's.
http://i.imgur.com/WA1cVPj.gif

http://i.imgur.com/504arvI.gif

Avante
09-19-2016, 04:45 PM
Do you have any idea how many INT's Luck has thrown?

Clipper Nation
09-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Sure looks like Cum just benefitted from a cupcake schedule last season. He's still the same old Cum Newton, overrated and overpaid.

09-25-2016, 07:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WA1cVPj.gif

still can't believe they didn't run the ball

Avante
09-26-2016, 10:51 PM
Sure looks like Cum just benefitted from a cupcake schedule last season. He's still the same old Cum Newton, overrated and overpaid.

Is this little guy for real?

THREE WEEKS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a rookie, wow~~~~

2013, the Panthers start off 1-3, end up 12-4.

2008, the Bills are red hot at 4-0, they end up......7-9.

2009 the Broncos are cooking at 6-0, they ended up 8-8.

2013 the Texans are 2-1, they end up 2-14.

Come on guy bone up on this stuff, ok rookie?

2011, the Buc's are smokin' at 3-1, end up....4-12.

Clipper Nation
10-03-2016, 12:53 PM
The Falcons rushed 5 all game and exposed Cum's utter inability to play under pressure. Cum's passer rating dropped more than 40 points on average under pressure. (http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/05/super-bowl-50-nfl-panthers-loss-falcons-dan-quinn-strategy) If he didn't get the luxury of frolicking through a cupcake schedule last year, he'd have been exposed bigtime.

The reality is, Cum Newton padded his stats against nobodies last year on a stacked team, and he still got exposed under pressure against Atlanta and Denver.

As I've mentioned throughout this thread, $cam can't handle pressure. And the experts agree with me:

The reigning MVP ranks just 25th in opponent-adjusted QBR this season at 51.3; last year, he was 12th in the same category. Some of that owes to the fact that he has been pressured more frequently, which is obvious in watching Cam play. In 2015, Newton was sacked on 5.9 percent of his dropbacks and pressured 27.0 percent of the time, which ranked 19th and 16th in the league, respectively.

Through the first four games this year, Newton has been sacked on 7.6 percent of his dropbacks and hit 28.7 percent of the time, which has him 30th and 27th in those same categories.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/barnwellx161003/the-denver-broncos-cruising-carolina-panthers-struggling-long-super-bowl-50-nfl

(http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/barnwellx161003/the-denver-broncos-cruising-carolina-panthers-struggling-long-super-bowl-50-nfl)
Cam Newton is now 0-2 over his last two visits to the Georgia Dome, with an inaccurate display that suggested all was not right with the Panthers' quarterback. Outside of one laser to beat CB Desmond Trufant's tight coverage for a touchdown, Newton failed to challenge the Falcons' coverage units, looking particularly rattled when pressured. Under pressure, he completed just two passes on seven attempts with one sack.

http://i.imgur.com/Xxpc23W.png

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-car-atl-grade/

Six seasons into his career, I think it's safe to say $cam is what he is: an athleticism-only player, a game manager at best, who wilts under pressure and can't beat teams with his brain and his arm. If Luck was on the Panthers instead of $cam, they'd be going for the repeat right now.

Avante
10-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Luck was on a far better team his rookie season than what Newton was on in his. Luck had a 54 1 comp %, Newton at 60.0. Luck had a passer rating at 76.5, Newton at 84.5.

Want more?

Clipper Nation
10-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Luck was on a far better team his rookie season than what Newton was on in his.
This myth was already addressed earlier in the thread, fatty:

"Playoff powerhouse" :lol. You literally have no idea what you are talking about. Luck took over a 2-14 team as well. The "playoff powerhouse" you refer to was completely gutted before Luck got there. The only remaining Colts from Mannings 2010 team that were around in 2012 were Mathis, Freeney, Punter Pat Mcafee, Adam Vinateri and Reggie Wayne. Even the GM and coaching staff was replaced. When Andrew took over he had a rookie at every skill position on offense except for WR1.

Reggie Wayne was on the decline when Luck got there. By late 2013 he was pretty much done.

Avante
10-03-2016, 05:37 PM
This myth was already addressed earlier in the thread, fatty:

What myth? What had the Panthers done in 2009/2010/2011, try 16 wins. Wanna compare that to the Colts?

Might wanna check out the career of Reggie Wayne, what decline?

Clipper Nation
10-03-2016, 06:01 PM
The myth that Luck had a better team around him than Cum, fatass. The Colts went 2-14 the year before they drafted Luck. Only a handful of players were left from the Manning teams by the time Luck showed up, and even that's counting the kicker and punter. He was surrounded by rookies all over the field at the skill positions. In contrast, $cam walked into a team that already had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, Ryan Kalil, Jordan Gross, Greg Hardy, Charles Johnson, Chris Gamble, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Thomas Davis, and Jon Beason (though the last two ended up getting injured).

And despite all that talent around Newton, he only won four more games than Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen, Tony Pike and Brian St. Pierre did the previous season. The Panthers didn't start turning it around for real until they drafted Luke Kuechly and Josh Norman the following year.

Meanwhile, Luck dragged his shittier supporting cast to 11 wins and a playoff spot immediately. You can't even use the division excuse, because both Luck and Cum had a double-digit-win divisional rival to contend with that year (the Texans and the Falcons respectively).

Clipper Nation
10-03-2016, 06:14 PM
As for Reggie Wayne, his last All-Pro season was two years before Luck arrived. He was 34 years old in Luck's first season. The following year, he tore his ACL, and that was pretty much it for his career. He tried to come back, but he was never the same. He's retired now.

Dwight Freeney's last All-Pro season was 2009. By Luck's rookie year, he was so washed-up that he had to switch positions and then got cut after the season.

Mathis was the only skill player left over from the Peyton years that kept playing at an elite level during the Luck years. And even he's starting to fall off now.

Meanwhile, the Colts have completely failed to build a new supporting cast around Luck. His O-line has gone from bad to abysmal. They still don't have a running game. Their defense is as soft as it's ever been. T.Y. Hilton is a beast, and Vinatieri is aging like fine wine, but that's about it.

Avante
10-03-2016, 06:26 PM
The myth that Luck had a better team around him than Cum, fatass. The Colts went 2-14 the year before they drafted Luck. Only a handful of players were left from the Manning teams by the time Luck showed up, and even that's counting the kicker and punter. He was surrounded by rookies all over the field at the skill positions. In contrast, $cam walked into a team that already had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, Ryan Kalil, Jordan Gross, Greg Hardy, Charles Johnson, Chris Gamble, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Thomas Davis, and Jon Beason (though the last two ended up getting injured).

Are you for real?

How many wins did the Panthers have the year before Newton was drafted, try....2-14.

And, ya might recheck the career of Reggie Wayne.

Sorry but all yoiur BS just won't work, Andrew Luck is a turnover machine....ok?

And despite all that talent around Newton, he only won four more games than Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen, Tony Pike and Brian St. Pierre did the previous season. The Panthers didn't start turning it around for real until they drafted Luke Kuechly and Josh Norman the following year.

Meanwhile, Luck dragged his shittier supporting cast to 11 wins and a playoff spot immediately. You can't even use the division excuse, because both Luck and Cum had a double-digit-win divisional rival to contend with that year (the Texans and the Falcons respectively).

Are you for real?

How many wins did the Panthers have the year before Newton was drafted, try....2-14.

And, ya might recheck the career of Reggie Wayne.

Sorry but all your BS just won't work, Andrew Luck is a turnover machine....ok?

Avante
10-03-2016, 06:30 PM
As for Reggie Wayne, his last All-Pro season was two years before Luck arrived. He was 34 years old in Luck's first season. The following year, he tore his ACL, and that was pretty much it for his career. He tried to come back, but he was never the same. He's retired now.

Dwight Freeney's last All-Pro season was 2009. By Luck's rookie year, he was so washed-up that he had to switch positions and then got cut after the season.

Mathis was the only skill player left over from the Peyton years that kept playing at an elite level during the Luck years. And even he's starting to fall off now.

Meanwhile, the Colts have completely failed to build a new supporting cast around Luck. His O-line has gone from bad to abysmal. They still don't have a running game. Their defense is as soft as it's ever been. T.Y. Hilton is a beast, and Vinatieri is aging like fine wine, but that's about it.

I'll be damn, I knew ya could do it, not one...faggot....anywhere there, WOW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clipper Nation
10-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Are you for real?

I already addressed that, wide-load. They both walked into 2-14 teams, but Cum's team had way more talent than Luck's. All he had to do was be better than Tony Pike or Jimmy Clausen and they'd win more games. Yet it was Luck who made the playoffs right off the bat, despite not having a long list of Pro Bowlers and superstars on both sides of the ball.

djohn2oo8
10-03-2016, 06:36 PM
So Luck's team is the reason he has thrown 12 interceptions in 6 career playoff games? lol

spurraider21
10-03-2016, 06:45 PM
rich man's bortles tbh

djohn2oo8
10-03-2016, 06:48 PM
rich man's bortles tbh
yep

Clipper Nation
10-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Luck throws the ball a lot more than Cam. More passes = more chances to throw picks. If you look at the stats, you'll often see franchise QBs like Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, Flacco, Fivehead and Eli high on the interception list. It doesn't mean they suck, it's a product of being asked to win games with their arm and testing defenses more.

The type of people who complain about Luck's picks must think Alex Smith is the ideal quarterback. A complete pussy who's conservative to a fault, is afraid of throwing even to open receivers, but at least he doesn't throw too many picks!

spurraider21
10-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Luck throws the ball a lot more than Cam. More passes = more chances to throw picks. If you look at the stats, you'll often see franchise QBs like Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, Flacco, Fivehead and Eli high on the interception list. It doesn't mean they suck, it's a product of being asked to win games with their arm and testing defenses more.

The type of people who complain about Luck's picks must think Alex Smith is the ideal quarterback. A complete pussy who's conservative to a fault, is afraid of throwing even to open receivers, but at least he doesn't throw too many picks!
its not just about the number of picks, its the INT%... luck is pretty high iirc. rodgers, brady, wilson have low int% numbers, especially compared to luck

and for somebody who jizzes over flacco because of det postseason run, i dont see you criticizing luck for his abysmal postseason INT numbers

djohn2oo8
10-03-2016, 07:04 PM
its not just about the number of picks, its the INT%... luck is pretty high iirc. rodgers, brady, wilson have low int% numbers, especially compared to luck

and for somebody who jizzes over flacco because of det postseason run, i dont see you criticizing luck for his abysmal postseason INT numbers
Luck also has 58 interceptions in 59 career games, that's WITH playing in the shitty AFC south.

Clipper Nation
10-03-2016, 07:07 PM
rodgers doesn't throw a lot of picks
Rodgers is also a freak of nature.

and its not just about the number of picks, its the INT%... luck is pretty high iirc
And you'll typically see the quarterbacks I mentioned high up on that list too.

Avante
10-03-2016, 07:08 PM

Have you actually took the time and did any homework on that? You are saying Luck is no different tha those you mentioned when it comes to INTs.....right?

Clipper Nation
10-03-2016, 07:11 PM
It's also pretty ironic that people are using the interception card against Luck now, when Cam has thrown more picks with a higher INT% than Luck so far this year. And that's despite him throwing less times than Luck.

djohn2oo8
10-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Luck is 17-3 against the AFC south and has 36 Touchdowns against everyone in the division. Outside the AFC south, he is 19-20 against everyone outside the division. Really an average QB at best.

Avante
10-03-2016, 07:16 PM
STOP IT~~~~~~~~~~~~

CN, ya have to stop doing this man, ok? Dude.....4 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ya do it all the time, little man don't you get this at all? GIVE THINGS SOME TIME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My God ya little shit, talk about being a rookie, that's it.

Avante
10-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Luck is 17-3 against the AFC south and has 36 Touchdowns against everyone in the division. Outside the AFC south, he is 19-20 against everyone outside the division. Really an average QB at best.

BINGO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

spurraider21
10-03-2016, 07:18 PM
It's also pretty ironic that people are using the interception card against Luck now, when Cam has thrown more picks with a higher INT% than Luck so far this year. And that's despite him throwing less times than Luck.
what if i'm criticizing both?

insert morpheus meme

Clipper Nation
10-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Cam had a losing record outside of the NFC South before last year. Now that Team Leader Norman is gone, Cam is already 1-2 outside his division, with the one win coming against a tanking Niners team. Guess he's an average QB too.

djohn2oo8
10-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Cam had a losing record outside of the NFC South before last year. Now that Team Leader Norman is gone, Cam is already 1-2 outside his division, with the one win coming against a tanking Niners team. Guess he's an average QB too.
Except Cam is not overrated to the point where Luck was called the next Joe Montana coming out of college. I don't give a damn what stats you pull...Luck was called a future hall of famer before he even played a snap.

Clipper Nation
10-03-2016, 07:50 PM
Except Cam is not overrated to the point where Luck was called the next Joe Montana coming out of college.
:lmao He was just gifted an MVP because of his defense and weak schedule.

I don't give a damn what stats you pull...Luck was called a future hall of famer before he even played a snap.
$cam was being compared to Big Ben and Flacco before ever seeing the field. He started being compared to Peyton Manning during his rookie season. He has absolutely been overhyped from Day 1.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-03-2016, 07:51 PM
If his schedule was so weak, then why has there only been seven teams that went 15-1 all time? Such a joke.

Curb-stomped the Seahawks twice, Green Bay, absolutely destroyed Cardinals, beat the second ranked defense in the Texans, fourth ranked defense in Seattle, and the fifth ranked defense in Arizona.

Avante
10-03-2016, 07:53 PM
:lmao He was just gifted an MVP because of his defense and weak schedule.

$cam was being compared to Big Ben and Flacco before ever seeing the field. He started being compared to Peyton Manning during his rookie season. He has absolutely been overhyped from Day 1.

He was...just gifted...???

See how tiny that is amigo?

His running/passing combo was outstanding, that was why he won the MVP, ok?

Clipper Nation
10-03-2016, 07:57 PM
The Seahawks and Packers both fell off from the last few years and didn't even win their divisions. The Texans were rolling out Hoyer and Mallett at QB. When those are your marquee wins, that says it all.

According to FootballOutsiders' stats, the Panthers played the easiest schedule in the league last season:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff2015

Avante
10-03-2016, 08:01 PM
If his schedule was so weak, then why has there only been seven teams that went 15-1 all time? Such a joke.

Curb-stomped the Seahawks twice, Green Bay, absolutely destroyed Cardinals, beat the second ranked defense in the Texans, fourth ranked defense in Seattle, and the fifth ranked defense in Arizona.

Curb stomped the Seahawks at...27-23 scoring how late in the game? Curb stomp at 31-24?

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-04-2016, 02:04 AM
I really don't see why it's such a hard fucking concept to grasp. Yes Luck has been overhyped, yes he's overpaid. However he is asked to do far more with way less talent than either Cum Newton or Struggle Wilson.

How can you cocksuckers keep denying that the pussy hating faggot and Cum have been on much better teams for their careers?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-04-2016, 10:30 AM
I really don't see why it's such a hard fucking concept to grasp. Yes Luck has been overhyped, yes he's overpaid. However he is asked to do far more with way less talent than either Cum Newton or Struggle Wilson.

How can you cocksuckers keep denying that the pussy hating faggot and Cum have been on much better teams for their careers?

Because that's not true.

Newton has had the same deficencies at offensive line, had far less weapons on offense, yet still won MVP and took a team to 15-1 with Ted Ginn Jr as his #1.

Look, I'm not a Luck hater, but he's underperforming this year. It's not only his fault, but he hasn't done shit yet to be on the same breath as Newton.

Clipper Nation
10-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Newton has had the same deficencies at offensive line
Bullshit! Carolina's O-line has been just fine for most of Cum's career. Even the best O-lines won't look as good when the quarterback keeps holding the ball for an eternity, though.

had far less weapons on offense
$cam has had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, Kelvin Benjamin, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Jerricho Cotchery, and Devin Funchess during his career.

Luck has had T.Y. Hilton, Donte Moncrief, and... washed-up Reggie Wayne? The corpse of Andre Johnson? Coby Fleener? He hasn't had any running game either, unlike Cum, who walked into a team with an elite running game.

took a team to 15-1 with Ted Ginn Jr as his #1.
I guess the two-time Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro Greg Olsen doesn't count, even though he led the Panthers in receiving targets last season? And let's not forget Cotchery going the entire regular season without a drop or Funchess' energence in the second half of the season. This idea that Cam had no weapons around him last year is pure homer drivel.

You aren't a Panthers fan, you're a player fan. The proof is in how little you know about "your" own team. It also shows when you downplay every other player on the Panthers' roster to prop up the one player you actually like.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-04-2016, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't even count Moncreif. His rookie season he was buried behind Hakeem Nick's, TY, and Reggie Wayne. Last year Luck was injured, and this year Donte is injured.

In reality Lucks weapons have included TY Hilton, maybe 1 good year of Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery, Darius Heyward Bey, Da'Rick Rodgers, Lavon Brazil, Andre Johnson, and Moncreif. Running backs is even worse. Vick Ballard, Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw and old man Gore.

I'd be surprised if you could name anyone aside for Robert Mathis on the Colts defense. Not to mention he's old and just came off a torn Achilles a year ago.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Bullshit! Carolina's O-line has been just fine for most of Cum's career. Even the best O-lines won't look as good when the quarterback keeps holding the ball for an eternity, though.

Throughout Newton's career, he has been hit 894 times. That is over 250 times more than the next leading player. In 2014, Cam Newton was sacked more than any player in the league. He missed two games to injury that year.

$cam has had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, Kelvin Benjamin, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Jerricho Cotchery, and Devin Funchess during his career.

Luck has had T.Y. Hilton, Donte Moncrief, and... washed-up Reggie Wayne? The corpse of Andre Johnson? Coby Fleener? He hasn't had any running game either, unlike Cum, who walked into a team with an elite running game.

No.

Cam Newton does have Greg Olsen, who is a great TE, but is a tight end. He had no outside threats. Let's be real here. Jerricho Cotchrey and Devin Funchess are mediocre, and not #2 receivers (at least Funchess isn't yet). Stewart and DeAngelo had to share the carries, and both were constantly injured during Newton's tenure. Newton is the sole reason their team had a record-setting 30 straight games with 100 yards. Don't believe me? Look at the stats for every.single.game.

Luck has been given many weapons in his career. Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, Andre Johnson, Dwayne Allen, Frank Gore

I guess the two-time Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro Greg Olsen doesn't count, even though he led the Panthers in receiving targets last season? And let's not forget Cotchery going the entire regular season without a drop or Funchess' energence in the second half of the season. This idea that Cam had no weapons around him last year is pure homer drivel.

You aren't a Panthers fan, you're a player fan. The proof is in how little you know about "your" own team. It also shows when you downplay every other player on the Panthers' roster to prop up the one player you actually like.

:lol it's hilarious when someone looks at stats and tries to tell someone who watches every single game every single year what they are watching.

You are right, Jerricho had very sure hands, and Funchess did have an impressive second half of the year. But they were mediocre. Cotchrey could not get open (as evidenced in the Super Bowl) and Funchess was third in the league in drops... oh, by the way, Ted Ginn was first and dropped five touchdown passes. But you don't throw those stats out when you talk about Newton's completion percentage.

You don't know anything about Carolina, elite QB's, game managers, or even how to read statistics/put them into context.

Avante
10-04-2016, 02:26 PM
My God, all anyone really has to do is watch Luck play. His decision making sucks. He throws into tight coverage, he makes dumb throws.

I've seen RW, Newton, Luck play, it's real obvious Luck is the inferior QB. Guess which one of the three has the inferior QB rating? Guess which one has never played in a SB?

I wll confess maybe if Luck didn't look so damn goofy it would help.

Trill Clinton
10-04-2016, 04:02 PM

Colts need to fix the defense and draft a workhorse back to keep luck from throwing so much.

Clipper Nation
10-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Throughout Newton's career, he has been hit 894 times. That is over 250 times more than the next leading player. In 2014, Cam Newton was sacked more than any player in the league. He missed two games to injury that year.
As people have explained to you a million times already, Cam holds onto the ball way too long. When you do that, you tend to get sacked more. During his career, Cam has had Pro Bowlers at center (Kalil), tackle (Gross), and guard (Trai Turner), as well as veterans like Hangartner, Garry Williams, Travelle Wharton, and Michael Oher (who finally produced last season). You can't tell me he's had nobody protecting him. He takes hits because of the retarded way he plays.

In the two games that Cam missed in 2014, Anderson only got sacked a combined 4 times - behind the same O-line that you're throwing under the bus to prop up Cam. It's almost as if playing from the pocket and getting the ball out quickly means you take less contact than holding the ball forever and running around aimlessly.

No.

Cam Newton does have Greg Olsen, who is a great TE, but is a tight end. He had no outside threats. Let's be real here. Jerricho Cotchrey and Devin Funchess are mediocre, and not #2 receivers (at least Funchess isn't yet). Stewart and DeAngelo had to share the carries, and both were constantly injured during Newton's tenure. Newton is the sole reason their team had a record-setting 30 straight games with 100 yards. Don't believe me? Look at the stats for every.single.game.

Luck has been given many weapons in his career. Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, Andre Johnson, Dwayne Allen, Frank Gore
I'll give you Hilton and maybe Moncrief. Dorsett has been a non-factor for most of his young career so far due to injuries and inconsistency. Andre Johnson was old and washed-up, so is Frank Gore. Dwayne Allen gets some targets, but he's really more of a blocker. Luck seems to prefer throwing to Jack Doyle instead.

Luck would kill to have weapons like Olsen, Benjamin and Funchess. And while you keep trying to downplay Stewart and DeAngelo, the Colts haven't had an 100-yard rusher in a game in four years, and they haven't had an 1000-yard rusher since 2007.

Face it, Catfaggot - Cam's team has always been way more stacked than Luck's. He just does less with more while Luck does more with less.

And by the way, I watch plenty of Panthers games. That's how I know Cam sucks.

spurraider21
10-04-2016, 06:21 PM
yeah, its pretty clear that cam has had more help over the course of his career. panthers oline isn't what it once was, but the colts oline never was to begin with. panthers have had better running backs and weapons. and we saw how cam wasted a few years of steve smith's career...

i think in the aggregate luck has done more with less, but you can't really diminish newton's mvp season. luck had 1 great regular season too, a few years ago. they've both been mediocre in the playoffs.

i had luck head and shoulders above cam before last year, but luck regressed and got hurt while cam had a career year. luck has been up and down this season, but most of his ups have come when the colts were behind because he had slow starts. newton has been mediocre despite having benjamin back.

both players hold the ball too long... luck always tries to make the big play, which is why he also takes a lot of hits and throws a lot of INT's. he's trying to be big ben but hasn't been able to pull it off, and instead has become rich man's bortles

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-04-2016, 06:47 PM
yeah, its pretty clear that cam has had more help over the course of his career. panthers oline isn't what it once was, but the colts oline never was to begin with. panthers have had better running backs and weapons. and we saw how cam wasted a few years of steve smith's career...

i think in the aggregate luck has done more with less, but you can't really diminish newton's mvp season. luck had 1 great regular season too, a few years ago. they've both been mediocre in the playoffs.

i had luck head and shoulders above cam before last year, but luck regressed and got hurt while cam had a career year. luck has been up and down this season, but most of his ups have come when the colts were behind because he had slow starts. newton has been mediocre despite having benjamin back.

both players hold the ball too long... luck always tries to make the big play, which is why he also takes a lot of hits and throws a lot of INT's. he's trying to be big ben but hasn't been able to pull it off, and instead has become rich man's bortles

This.

I'm not taking anything away for Cums MVP season, however it was still inferior to Lucks 2014 campaign. So I think using the "Cum has a MVP" argument is irrelevant.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-04-2016, 06:54 PM
As people have explained to you a million times already, Cam holds onto the ball way too long. When you do that, you tend to get sacked more. During his career, Cam has had Pro Bowlers at center (Kalil), tackle (Gross), and guard (Trai Turner), as well as veterans like Hangartner, Garry Williams, Travelle Wharton, and Michael Oher (who finally produced last season). You can't tell me he's had nobody protecting him. He takes hits because of the retarded way he plays.

In the two games that Cam missed in 2014, Anderson only got sacked a combined 4 times - behind the same O-line that you're throwing under the bus to prop up Cam. It's almost as if playing from the pocket and getting the ball out quickly means you take less contact than holding the ball forever and running around aimlessly.

I'll give you Hilton and maybe Moncrief. Dorsett has been a non-factor for most of his young career so far due to injuries and inconsistency. Andre Johnson was old and washed-up, so is Frank Gore. Dwayne Allen gets some targets, but he's really more of a blocker. Luck seems to prefer throwing to Jack Doyle instead.

Luck would kill to have weapons like Olsen, Benjamin and Funchess. And while you keep trying to downplay Stewart and DeAngelo, the Colts haven't had an 100-yard rusher in a game in four years, and they haven't had an 1000-yard rusher since 2007.

Face it, Catfaggot - Cam's team has always been way more stacked than Luck's. He just does less with more while Luck does more with less.

And by the way, I watch plenty of Panthers games. That's how I know Cam sucks.

I really wouldn't even count Donte Moncreif yet. His rookie year he was buried on the depth chart behind Hakeem Nick's and Reggie Wayne until very late in the season where Fagano realized Nicks sucks. Last year Luck was hurt, and this year Moncreif is out.

So in reality Luck has worked with TY, 1 good year of Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery, Hakeem Nicks, Da'Rick Rogers, Darius Heyward Bay, Lavon Brazil, and the corpse of Andre Johnson.

RB is just as bad. Lucks rookie year he had (rookie) Vick Ballard who was decent until he got hurt and never was the same. Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw who could give you 4 games max, and now old man Gore.

spurraider21
10-04-2016, 06:55 PM
not worth nitpicking cam's 2015 with luck's 2014. when you factor in cam's rushing, their numbers were pretty close all around. my point is they've both had 1 great season, lets not make it seem like luck had several years at that level

Avante
10-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Russell Wilson had a better NCAA senior season than Luck had, his 191.7 passer rating an NCAA record. Luck at 169.7.

As a pro RW numbers far better than Lucks.

spurraider21
10-04-2016, 07:59 PM
:lol ncaa

Avante
10-04-2016, 10:46 PM
:lol ncaa

I'll slow her down for ya slick.

Russell Wilson wasn't putting up better numbers than Luck in just the NFL, he was also doing in at the NCAA level.

See how that works shorty? And if he'd been 6-3 he probably would have been drafted ahead of Luck.

NEWSFLASH

The NFL drafts these guys based on those NCAA exploits, just so ya know, ok?

Clipper Nation
10-04-2016, 10:47 PM
I'll slow her down for ya, Nostrafatass.

Nobody cares about college stats when these guys have been pros for years.

See how that works, fatty?

Avante
10-04-2016, 10:51 PM
I'll slow her down for ya, Nostrafatass.

Nobody cares about college stats when these guys have been pros for years.

See how that works, fatty?

Obviously ya don't watch much NFL football, if ya did you'd know about...."while he was at Stanford/LSU/Alabama/USC"...etc. How many times have we heard......"he won a JC Championship while at Blinn"....for Newton? How many times did we hear..."he was a world class hurdler while at Baylor"...for RGIII, forget that he wasn't world class.

My God you're dumb.

So you've never heard....."he won a Heisman".....well?

Clipper Nation
10-04-2016, 11:00 PM
Broadcasters just use that shit to fill time during the games, fatty. Stick to your almanacs, Wide Load, because you suck at this.

Avante
10-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Broadcasters just use that shit to fill time during the games, fatty. Stick to your almanacs, Wide Load, because you suck at this.

So somebody does care about those NCAA exploits, so you were WRONG yet again. Dude, do you ever get anything right?

Speaking of sucking at this tell us all again about how without BEAST MODE the Seahawks can't win, and tell us all again about "Struggle" Wilson histories winningest first 4 seasons and 4 weeks QB.

Dude, you are the one who sucks at this and everything else. When you aren't being negative you're being WRONG.

Clipper Nation
10-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Stop replying to me, hamplanet. I have a weight limit on who can reply to me, and you are waaaaaayyyy over it.

Avante
10-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Stop replying to me, hamplanet. I have a weight limit on who can reply to me, and you are waaaaaayyyy over it.

I don't blame ya for heading away from you're stupdity. Dude, does it hurt being that damn dumb?

Clipper Nation
10-05-2016, 08:13 AM
you're stupdity
LOL. Try harder next time, fatty.

lefty
10-05-2016, 09:04 AM
today's NBA

:lol

spurraider21
10-10-2016, 04:52 PM
monster game yesterday, looked like 2014 luck

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-10-2016, 11:27 PM
Luck is playing very well so far this season. 10 TDs and only 3 Int for the "turnover machine". All of that despite being sacked 11 times in the past 2 games.

If it wasn't for his atrocious defense Luck would probably be in the conversation for MVP.

spurraider21
10-10-2016, 11:36 PM
or if he didnt get off to some disastrous slow starts against detroit and jax

manufan10
10-25-2016, 07:52 AM

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-25-2016, 07:59 AM

Nobody is going to remember because his team blows.

Clipper Nation
10-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Luck :worthy:
A true franchise QB, not a gimmick :worthy:

Avante
10-25-2016, 10:18 AM
Luck :worthy:
A true franchise QB, not a gimmick :worthy:

This....unless a QB plays on a shit team.....thing, hahahaha~~~~~~~

Bart Starr had...

RB's Jim Taylor, Paul Hornung
OL...Forrest Gregg, Jim Ringo
DL...Willie Davis
LB...Ray Nitschke
DB...Willie Wood, Herb Adderley

...all in the HOF. Bradshaw had a similar gang, so what? Your man Dan Fouts had.....

Chuck Muncie
Kellon Winslow...HOF
Charlie Joiner...HOF
John Jefferson...this guy was amazing (long story)
Wes Chandler

John Unitas had a HOFer to be at WR/RB/TE.

Clipper Nation
10-25-2016, 10:45 AM
Who said anything about a shit team? All I said was that Luck isn't a gimmick. He's not entirely reliant on athleticism and speed. He can beat teams with his brain and his arm like a quarterback should.

Avante
10-25-2016, 11:06 AM
Who said anything about a shit team? All I said was that Luck isn't a gimmick. He's not entirely reliant on athleticism and speed. He can beat teams with his brain and his arm like a quarterback should.

Come on guy, how many times have you....BEAST MODE, DEFENSE....? Look at all the QB;s in the HOF, all of them were surrounded by stud players.

When did the criteria for being a great QB move away from being a great athlete? So if a guy can run,...ALSO....this is a bad thing? You always act like there is only one way to be a QB, why? We have speed receivers and possession guys, we have speed backs and bangers, but we can only have stand tall in the pocket QB's, huh????

SuperCam
10-25-2016, 01:13 PM
just finished scraping by the bears and titans and the white media just can't help themselves :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-25-2016, 01:17 PM

he will never win 15 games

Clipper Nation
10-25-2016, 03:32 PM
When did the criteria for being a great QB move away from being a great athlete?
The criteria for being a great QB has always been beating teams with your brain and your arm primarily. Now that colleges aren't teaching players how to play the position for real anymore, the standards have lowered to the point where people pretend "athleticism" matters more than a QB's brain or arm.

unleashbaynes
10-25-2016, 05:29 PM
Too bad he has such a piece of shit GM and coach.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-28-2016, 02:33 AM
Too bad he has such a piece of shit GM and coach.

This, I don't think people realize how bad Ryan Grigson has been at drafting.

2012- I can give him a pass because rounds 1-3 he was solid. Obviously Luck was #1, but Grigson drafted Fleener in the 2nd, Dwayne Allen in the third, and then traded a 4th to move back into the 3rD for TY. No other picks are currently on the roster.

2013- This is where it went to shit. Bjoern Warner in round 1 was a terrible pick and a huge bust. The Colts do not have a single player from this draft on the roster. Unless you count trading the 2nd rounder for Vontae Davis (which turned out well).

2014- Traded away 1st round pick for Trent Richards:loln. Rounds 2 and 3 they did pick Jack Mewhort and Moncreif so it wasn't all bad.

2015- Was Grigsons best draft, but he still fucked up the 1st rounder with Phillip Dorsett who hasn't produced. Rounds 3 4 5 and 7 did produce starters.

Chuck Pagano is a joke as well. "Defensive specialist" brought over from Baltimore to "make a monster" out of the Colts D. Each year they have been bottom of the league. How much coaching did he really have to do in Baltimore with Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ngata, and Suggs?

SuperCam
10-30-2016, 01:34 PM
back to sucking after not playing two garbage tier Ds :lol

Clipper Nation
10-30-2016, 03:06 PM
back to sucking after not playing two garbage tier Ds :lol
Luck doesn't have the type of defense who can sack the opposing QB eight times, take a fumble back to the house and make him look good when he struggles.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-30-2016, 07:20 PM
Luck didn't have a very good game, but the Oline was worse than normal. Luck was under pressure all game and sacked 6 times.

At least Luck isn't a giant pussy that admitted that "he doesn't feel safe". Cum is such a faggot, he rivals that one pussy hating queer up in Seattle.

Avante
11-08-2016, 01:55 AM
How many INT's has he already thrown?

SanAntonioSpurs23
11-10-2016, 02:43 AM
2 more than Drew BREES and Aaron Rodgers
Same amount as Big Ben and Joe Flacco
Less than Eli Manning, and Jameis Winston

All of that while having the most QB hurries/Hits/and sacks in the league.

Clipper Nation
11-10-2016, 12:01 PM
How many INT's has he already thrown?
Zero championship-losing interceptions, unlike certain other QBs.

Avante
11-10-2016, 12:28 PM
2 more than Drew BREES and Aaron Rodgers
Same amount as Big Ben and Joe Flacco
Less than Eli Manning, and Jameis Winston

All of that while having the most QB hurries/Hits/and sacks in the league.

So where do we put Andrew Luck?

1.Tm Brady

Avante
11-10-2016, 12:39 PM

So we just shine all it took to get the TWO SB's in three seasons, right?

Dude, why do you always think so tiny? You never seem to get the big picture, why?

I can see it now...

Tom Brady throws an INT in the next SB that losas the game,yep, a pick six in the final 30 secods with the Pats driving to win.

CN....HE SUCKS~~~~ AIN'T WORTH A DAMN.

There's Jim Brown in his final season in the NFL tite game, he fumbles on the one. Browns lose.

CN....HE SUCKS~~~~ AIN'T WORTH A DAMN.

Then THEN....Derek Anderson is better than Cam Newton.

:rolleyes

Clipper Nation
01-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Final comparison for 2016-17:

Completion Percentage - Luck: 63.5%, Cum: 52.9%
Passing Yards - Luck: 4,240, Cum: 3,509
Touchdowns - Luck: 31, Cum: 19
Interceptions - Luck: 13, Cum: 14
DYAR - Luck: 744, Cum: -60
DVOA - Luck: 8.0%, Cum: -12.9%
Effective Yards - Luck: 4,145, Cum: 2,658
Team Success - Luck: 8-8, Cum: 6-10

Where are all the Cum Newton fanboys?

Kyle Orton
01-28-2017, 01:00 PM
:lmao

BTFO
T
F
O

Clipper Nation
01-28-2017, 01:42 PM

unleashbaynes
01-28-2017, 06:17 PM

You have to make it to a championship to have a chance to do that.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-28-2017, 08:07 PM
Luck is just another Philip Rivers. He'll have his moments but he'll always be mid tier and overdrafted.

Clipper Nation
01-28-2017, 11:07 PM
Luck is just another Philip Rivers. He'll have his moments but he'll always be mid tier and overdrafted.

:lol How is Rivers "mid-tier" and "overdrafted"? He's a fucking miracle worker. Put Wack Prescott on last season's Chargers instead of Rivers and they go 0-16 and lose every game by 20+.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-29-2017, 05:05 AM
:lol How is Rivers "mid-tier" and "overdrafted"? He's a fucking miracle worker. Put Wack Prescott on last season's Chargers instead of Rivers and they go 0-16 and lose every game by 20+.

:lol with studs like Melvin Gordon, Dontrelle Inman, Tyrell Williams, Antonio Gates... Hunter Henry...?!! That offense is WAY more stacked than Dallas'... not even close... and as bad as their defense was most of the time (except Bosa and Hayward), the Chargers were as bad as they were BECAUSE of Rivers and his costly interceptions on stupid risky throws as well as his immobility in and out of the pocket.

Dak would have gotten at least 9-10 wins though that in that stacked division maybe not good enough to make the playoffs. The weapons the Chargers have/had this past year are far better than the Cowboys' lot... Witten is a great guy but a liability in blocking and too slow in the receiving game these days, Dez Bryant is very capable but inconsistent and oft-injured... Terrance Williams completely sucked during his time in Dallas, Brice Butler is just another guy. Melvin Gordon is as good as Elliott but he doesn't get enough chances in that pass heavy gunslinger offense. The Cowboys would have still been playing football if they had the Chargers' offense + Dak.

Robz4000
01-29-2017, 07:08 AM
:lol with studs like Melvin Gordon, Dontrelle Inman, Tyrell Williams, Antonio Gates... Hunter Henry...?!! That offense is WAY more stacked than Dallas'... not even close... and as bad as their defense was most of the time (except Bosa and Hayward), the Chargers were as bad as they were BECAUSE of Rivers and his costly interceptions on stupid risky throws as well as his immobility in and out of the pocket.

Dak would have gotten at least 9-10 wins though that in that stacked division maybe not good enough to make the playoffs. The weapons the Chargers have/had this past year are far better than the Cowboys' lot... Witten is a great guy but a liability in blocking and too slow in the receiving game these days, Dez Bryant is very capable but inconsistent and oft-injured... Terrance Williams completely sucked during his time in Dallas, Brice Butler is just another guy. Melvin Gordon is as good as Elliott but he doesn't get enough chances in that pass heavy gunslinger offense. The Cowboys would have still been playing football if they had the Chargers' offense + Dak.

:lmao calling the Chargers' offense more stacked
:lmao implying Gordon > Zek
:lmao forgetting Champ Bailey exists
:lmao discrediting your best playoff performer in Dez
:lmao completely forgetting Dallas' o-line
:lmao your delusional takes

Clipper Nation
01-29-2017, 09:44 AM
:lol with studs like Melvin Gordon, Dontrelle Inman, Tyrell Williams, Antonio Gates... Hunter Henry...?!!
Inman and Williams are UDFAs with stone hands. Rivers made them look good. Henry was a rookie. Gates is 36 years old. Gordon has had one decent season and one atrocious season.

:lol "Studs"

That offense is WAY more stacked than Dallas'... not even close...
:lmao Dallas' O-line alone makes this take ridiculous without even factoring in Dez and Zeke.

and as bad as their defense was most of the time (except Bosa and Hayward), the Chargers were as bad as they were BECAUSE of Rivers and his costly interceptions on stupid risky throws as well as his immobility in and out of the pocket.
Without Rivers draining the play clock to explain to every player on his offense in detail where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to do (as most of the skill players were UDFAs or rookies with very little familiarity with the system), then somehow still moving the ball down the field and scoring touchdowns behind the worst O-line in football, the Chargers would have been 0-16.

Maybe he'd have less INTs if his receivers didn't bat the ball into defenders' hands and his coach didn't keep putting him in desperate situations with no timeouts down the stretch of games.

Dak would have gotten at least 9-10 wins

Will Hunting
01-29-2017, 10:40 AM

:lol focusing on skill position players (who aren't even that good to begin with) and ignoring the fact Dallas has the best oline in football and San Diego has one of the worst.

EDIT: San Diego doesn't just have one of the worst, it has THE worst :lmao

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-11/

Mark Celibate
01-29-2017, 11:00 AM

Holy crap I don't even know where to start here. This is some legendary biased posting. Up there with the No Lyfe guy, Savante, 21_Blessings etc This is is so awful deep down I think you're trolling. I'm not saying you should commit suicide but if the opportunity for you to traverse into the afterlife would present itself to you in a convenient manner, it might not be a bad idea to act on it sooner rather than later.

It was still an entertaining post though so I'll give you that.

monosylab1k
01-29-2017, 12:33 PM

You come at the Millennial Messiah, you best not miss.

Darth_Pelican
01-29-2017, 05:00 PM

Will Hunting
01-29-2017, 05:25 PM
Bank of America's IT department took a shot at the millennial messiah.

It didn't miss :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
01-30-2017, 05:37 AM
Inman and Williams are UDFAs with stone hands. Rivers made them look good. Henry was a rookie. Gates is 36 years old. Gordon has had one decent season and one atrocious season.

:lol "Studs"

:lmao Dallas' O-line alone makes this take ridiculous without even factoring in Dez and Zeke.

Without Rivers draining the play clock to explain to every player on his offense in detail where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to do (as most of the skill players were UDFAs or rookies with very little familiarity with the system), then somehow still moving the ball down the field and scoring touchdowns behind the worst O-line in football, the Chargers would have been 0-16.

Maybe he'd have less INTs if his receivers didn't bat the ball into defenders' hands and his coach didn't keep putting him in desperate situations with no timeouts down the stretch of games.

Stone hands? Bad O-line? Did you even watch the Chargers @ Falcons game this season? I think that was the defining moment for the Chargers in 2016. They beat the best team in football in their own home stadium... while coming back from a 3 touchdown deficit.

Will Hunting
01-30-2017, 08:32 AM
Stone hands? Bad O-line? Did you even watch the Chargers @ Falcons game this season? I think that was the defining moment for the Chargers in 2016. They beat the best team in football in their own home stadium... while coming back from a 3 touchdown deficit.
God damn, your arguments are terrible.

whatever you do next, don't be a lawyer.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-30-2017, 08:36 AM
God damn, your arguments are terrible.

whatever you do next, don't be a lawyer.

Why would anyone go to law school in this economy these days is beyond me. You're a public defender making well below school teacher salary until age 35 with student loans up the ass and back down through the nose and mouth. Terrible life decision. At least doctors and pharmacists make money.

Clipper Nation
01-30-2017, 09:04 AM
You watched one game. I watched every game. I know what I'm talking about - you don't.

:lol "Millennial Messiah"

Will Hunting
01-30-2017, 10:05 AM
Why would anyone go to law school in this economy these days is beyond me. You're a public defender making well below school teacher salary until age 35 with student loans up the ass and back down through the nose and mouth. Terrible life decision. At least doctors and pharmacists make money.
:tu your best post in this thread, tbh.

Unless it's an elite law school that Wal Street firms hire out of, its a waste of money.

unleashbaynes
01-30-2017, 12:30 PM

Whoa there. Slow down.

benefactor
01-30-2017, 04:06 PM
Being a pharmacist isn't what it used to be either. The market is pretty flooded so if you are ok with some shit job at CVS then go for it. You'll make money, but the work itself is balls. PA/NP/CRNA is the way to go if you don't mind medical. Not as much school and you bank pretty well. The chick I dated for a bit who was a CRNA made 135k a year only working 32 hours a week.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Being a pharmacist isn't what it used to be either. The market is pretty flooded so if you are ok with some shit job at CVS then go for it. You'll make money, but the work itself is balls. PA/NP/CRNA is the way to go if you don't mind medical. Not as much school and you bank pretty well. The chick I dated for a bit who was a CRNA made 135k a year only working 32 hours a week.
Shit job? Those make 130k a year first year salary straight out of pharmacy school. The "shit" jobs in pharmacy are the hospital pharmacist jobs that only make $80k, which means after taxes you're basically just paying back your student loans and eating Top Ramen in years 1 and 2, tbh.

chunticakes
01-30-2017, 07:44 PM

:bobo

benefactor
01-30-2017, 07:57 PM
Shit job? Those make 130k a year first year salary straight out of pharmacy school. The "shit" jobs in pharmacy are the hospital pharmacist jobs that only make $80k, which means after taxes you're basically just paying back your student loans and eating Top Ramen in years 1 and 2, tbh.
It is a shit job. You make good money but retail for the most part is miserable. Most pharmacists start there then head to hospital later where they can actually use their degree in a clinical setting. For most of them, job satisfaction winds up winning out over money.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-31-2017, 03:22 AM
It is a shit job. You make good money but retail for the most part is miserable. Most pharmacists start there then head to hospital later where they can actually use their degree in a clinical setting. For most of them, job satisfaction winds up winning out over money.

So you're implying people would acquiesce to taking a substantial salary DECREASE as they get older and more experienced? That's not how it works, especially because by then they have wives and children to provide for... maybe the liberal ones, I guess

spurraider21
01-31-2017, 04:35 AM
that's an incredibly short-sighted view of what makes for a good or bad career... if you're not making big bucks in years 1-5 it's not worth it? i'm about to finish law school in a couple of months at age 25. i'll be in that profession for at least 40 years. making a yay or nay decision based on projected income from age 26-30 versus a lifetime of work is moronic imho.

the notion that public defenders are the trash tier of lawyers is also a misguided view. PD jobs are pretty difficult to come across here in CA... as long as we aren't talking about buttfuck counties like mendocino. depending on the county, the pay can actually be quite good. for instance, in santa clara county (admittedly, an outlier), starting pay for an entry level public defender is upwards of 90k, which is hardly "ramen noodle territory."

you also consider the loan forgiveness factor of working in public service, which you can consider to be tacked onto your salary figure.

lastly, it's nearly impossible for young attorneys to get trial experience in the private sector. even if you get hired in a good firm, you're going to be doing bitch work for a long time while they're sending their top sharks to trial... you'll never learn shit. and even after putting years into that gig, next time you're job hunting, you'll again have the same issue of not having trial experience. rather, you put your time in as a public defender/district attorney where you get nothing but trial experience, making you a valuable commodity if/when you make the shift to private sector.

but yeah, if your definition of a good career is one where you are guaranteed to make serious $ immediately, then maybe you shouldn't be a lawyer unless you're attending a top 25 school. computer science, engineering... those will get you decent paying jobs quick without needing to invest a ton of time pursuing a post-grad degree

benefactor
01-31-2017, 07:37 AM
So you're implying people would acquiesce to taking a substantial salary DECREASE as they get older and more experienced? That's not how it works, especially because by then they have wives and children to provide for... maybe the liberal ones, I guess
I'm saying people get burned out in retail in a hurry and it's no longer worth the money. Why do you think retail pays so much more than hospital? If they didn't no one would fucking do it. People take pay cuts all the time in many different fields to gain a better quality of life. Take my ex-girlfriend for example. She only works 32 hours a week and she makes about 130 per year. They have all the hours that she wants but she'd rather be with her friends or at home than have that extra 30-40k per year she'd get for busting her ass. She recently had another hospital offer her a position for more money as well but that meant a change in a comfortable work environment and an increase in hours. Her quality of life was more important.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-31-2017, 07:48 AM
that's an incredibly short-sighted view of what makes for a good or bad career... if you're not making big bucks in years 1-5 it's not worth it? i'm about to finish law school in a couple of months at age 25. i'll be in that profession for at least 40 years. making a yay or nay decision based on projected income from age 26-30 versus a lifetime of work is moronic imho.

the notion that public defenders are the trash tier of lawyers is also a misguided view. PD jobs are pretty difficult to come across here in CA... as long as we aren't talking about buttfuck counties like mendocino. depending on the county, the pay can actually be quite good. for instance, in santa clara county (admittedly, an outlier), starting pay for an entry level public defender is upwards of 90k, which is hardly "ramen noodle territory."

you also consider the loan forgiveness factor of working in public service, which you can consider to be tacked onto your salary figure.

lastly, it's nearly impossible for young attorneys to get trial experience in the private sector. even if you get hired in a good firm, you're going to be doing bitch work for a long time while they're sending their top sharks to trial... you'll never learn shit. and even after putting years into that gig, next time you're job hunting, you'll again have the same issue of not having trial experience. rather, you put your time in as a public defender/district attorney where you get nothing but trial experience, making you a valuable commodity if/when you make the shift to private sector.

but yeah, if your definition of a good career is one where you are guaranteed to make serious $ immediately, then maybe you shouldn't be a lawyer unless you're attending a top 25 school. computer science, engineering... those will get you decent paying jobs quick without needing to invest a ton of time pursuing a post-grad degree

1. Some of us don't want to be working for 30, 40 years... say, past... age 35? Many of us want to build enough capital to be able to live off investments and not have to work into middle-old age (and spend our time with family instead).

2. California is a different/high inflated economy, but in Texas, PDs don't make shit. $40k is considered very good straight out of law school, but most don't make that.

3. Again, California is probably better for IT/CS and engineering due to Silicon Valley, LA and such... but the IT/CS job market here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area blows. The sad part was it was booming just a couple short years ago until everyone in the area realized they did too much hiring and now they're doing layoffs and supply of new aspiring IT graduates is way outpacing demand in the corporate industry.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-31-2017, 07:54 AM
I'm saying people get burned out in retail in a hurry and it's no longer worth the money. Why do you think retail pays so much more than hospital? If they didn't no one would fucking do it. People take pay cuts all the time in many different fields to gain a better quality of life. Take my ex-girlfriend for example. She only works 32 hours a week and she makes about 130 per year. They have all the hours that she wants but she'd rather be with her friends or at home than have that extra 30-40k per year she'd get for busting her ass. She recently had another hospital offer her a position for more money as well but that meant a change in a comfortable work environment and an increase in hours. Her quality of life was more important.

Retail you have to deal with annoying customers and the outside possibility of getting ambushed and shot by crooks if you work a night shift. Hospital is easy, monotonous, boring and mundane. There's no fun or chance involved, it's the same work every day, you make far less money, and you're far more likely than the CVS night shift guy to catch the death pandemic when it reaches your hospital.

Give me the retail pharmacist career all day.

benefactor
01-31-2017, 07:56 AM

UNT Eagles 2016
01-31-2017, 08:02 AM

I forgot to add the heightened possibility of lawsuit as a retail pharmacist, but if you've got your shit in order and are well organized that's not a problem.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-31-2017, 08:07 AM
She recently had another hospital offer her a position for more money as well but that meant a change in a comfortable work environment and an increase in hours. Her quality of life was more important.
This is a different case scenario altogether, in that most people are naturally averse to change if the marginal benefit doesn't make them make compromises that they can't accept. If you've been in a job a long time, say 5 years, you may not want to change jobs if there are aspects and securities of the old job you may not wish to sacrifice.

spurraider21
01-31-2017, 11:11 AM
:lol complains about job market
:lol wants to retire at 35
:lol has no ambition
:lol thinks money should be handed to him on a silver platter

UNT Eagles 2016
01-31-2017, 11:18 AM
I want to retire at a roughly similar age as the professional athletes I follow, thank you. I'm not working until I'm geriatric and too old to enjoy life and spending half those decrepit days in the hospital and the other half with a walking cane and a bald head due to my latest round of chemo while my memories vanish into nothing.

Will Hunting
01-31-2017, 12:58 PM
:lol calls himself the millennial messiah when he encompasses every negative stereotype about millennials
:lol :cry my employer never even tried to find a good fit for me :cry
:lol :cry you can't expect me to happy doing the job I was hired for :cry

benefactor
01-31-2017, 01:05 PM
Smh...forget it.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-31-2017, 01:16 PM
:lol calls himself the millennial messiah when he encompasses every negative stereotype about millennials
:lol :cry my employer never even tried to find a good fit for me :cry
:lol :cry you can't expect me to happy doing the job I was hired for :cry
lol at trying to perpetuate the hardass "you better count your lucky stars you even have a job, so get to work son" attitude that has caused unjust social and income inequality over the past 150 years (really since the start of industrialization, think Carnegie and the Pittsburgh Steelers -- not the football team -- vs. the labor unions fighting for just and fair treatment). They were far from millennials; perhaps centennials.

SuperCam
08-28-2017, 11:51 PM
damn nick wright ethering the Luck stans all over twitter the last few days :wow

901472657585172481 ^^^ I said this years ago on here tbh :toast

Clipper Nation
08-29-2017, 06:25 AM
:lol Cam stans are really trying this narrative again? Here's a quick reminder of what the results were last time:

Final comparison for 2016-17:

Completion Percentage - Luck: 63.5%, Cum: 52.9%
Passing Yards - Luck: 4,240, Cum: 3,509
Touchdowns - Luck: 31, Cum: 19
Interceptions - Luck: 13, Cum: 14
DYAR - Luck: 744, Cum: -60
DVOA - Luck: 8.0%, Cum: -12.9%
Effective Yards - Luck: 4,145, Cum: 2,658
Team Success - Luck: 8-8, Cum: 6-10

Where are all the Cum Newton fanboys?

chunticakes
08-29-2017, 07:44 AM
Still a better QB than Cum Newton.

SuperCam
08-29-2017, 08:52 AM
^^^^ 901470522978041857

car and big rape too high but otherwise a solid list tbh...

Avante
08-29-2017, 03:17 PM
Grew up watching John Unitas, Sonny Jurgenson, Fran Tarkenton, Len Dawson, Joe Namath, Bart Starr etc etc. Saw Montana while at ND, saw Staubach play at Navy. Seen um all since the late 50's.

So with that level of experience this is how it really is so pay attention. Yes I know more than you do, trust me.

1.Tom Brady
2.Aaron Rodgers
3.Drew Brees
4.Big Ben
5.Russell Wilson
6.Matt Ryan
7.Philip Rivers
8.Eli Manning
9.Derek Carr
10.Dak Prescott

Then we get into Newton, Luck, Winston, Mariota etc.

spurraider21
08-30-2017, 04:41 PM
Yes I know more than you do, trust me.

Avante
08-30-2017, 07:53 PM

Want me to talk QB's nobody here has ever heard of?

Want me to school you on your Raiders? Talk to me about Don Manoukian. Oh yeah, ya can't.

Avante
08-30-2017, 09:25 PM
Speaking of Luck.

Something is going on there that is hurting the situation. I'm guessing the coach thinks his QB is being babied too much now.

Avante
08-31-2017, 11:48 AM
Check out Ohio State tonight (vs Indiana) notice what a dual threat QB can do for an offense. That athlete at the QB position who can escape a rush, extend plays. This is where the QB position is at now, we see in the HS's, which tells us what will be happening next.

Look at what.....will he run or will he pass?....does to a defense.

spurraider21
08-31-2017, 02:37 PM
Want me to talk QB's nobody here has ever heard of?

Want me to school you on your Raiders? Talk to me about Don Manoukian. Oh yeah, ya can't.
You really think Dan manoukian was a quarterback? :lol

johnsmith
08-31-2017, 09:45 PM
If I had a nickel for every time I read avante starting a post with, "grew up watching"

We get it bruh, you're old as fuck. Now just die already.

Avante
08-31-2017, 10:49 PM
You really think Dan manoukian was a quarterback? :lol

You just now found out who Manoukian was, ain't Google great?

Actually saw him rassle Pepper Gomez at a ballpark in Modesto.

Dude, learn things, don't fight it so much, ok?

Avante
08-31-2017, 10:51 PM
If I had a nickel for every time I read avante starting a post with, "grew up watching"

We get it bruh, you're old as fuck. Now just die already.

Dude, why does Avante have such a hold on you? Ya minute you show up here where do we always find you, yep, humping Avante's leg............why?

Kyle Orton
08-31-2017, 11:07 PM
Yeah qbs that can run is a totally new concept in cfb

Avante
08-31-2017, 11:23 PM
Yeah qbs that can run is a totally new concept in cfb

I'll slow it down for ya slick.

More and more HS's are going with agile/speedy black QB's who are a weapon themselves. Where do the colleges get their QB's? Where does the NFL get their QB's?

There's Eli Manning it's third and 4, he's passing and everybody knows it. Now what if that is Russell Wilson, Cam Newton? A whole other stress is put on a defense.

Talking far more ....athletes....playing QB than ever before.

Kyle Orton
09-01-2017, 12:17 AM
So why didn't struggle use his athleticism instead of throwing a super bowl losing interception? Are you saying he's dumb?

:lol cam newton

johnsmith
09-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Dude, why does Avante have such a hold on you? Ya minute you show up here where do we always find you, yep, humping Avante's leg............why?

I know right. Thing is, I grew up actually playing this sport and I like to point out that you were just a spectator. I made it to D1 football....how was your flag football season in your twenties?

AlexJones
09-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Andrew Luck is the 3rd best QB in the NFL. The line movement in the Rams-Colts game went from -3 in favor of the Colts, to -3.5 in favor of the Rams. You're only going to find that type of impact with Rodgers and Brady.

spurraider21
09-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Andrew Luck is the 3rd best QB in the NFL. The line movement in the Rams-Colts game went from -3 in favor of the Colts, to -3.5 in favor of the Rams. You're only going to find that type of impact with Rodgers and Brady.
Or Brees, Carr, Roethlisberger, Rivers, or just about any pro bowl qb

UNT Eagles 2016
09-08-2017, 12:35 AM
Or Brees, Carr, Roethlisberger, Rivers, or just about any pro bowl qb

no... they have a solid backup who's won NFL regular season games against good teams. Not sure on Rivers either. His backup would be less of an interception risk, though not as likely to make big plays. Rivers is an upper mid tier QB.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-08-2017, 12:43 AM
So it's another 2014 for the Chiefs. Monster Justin Houston, no Eric Berry.

Avante
09-08-2017, 01:15 AM
I know right. Thing is, I grew up actually playing this sport and I like to point out that you were just a spectator. I made it to D1 football....how was your flag football season in your twenties?

Dude, how many times do you need to be told things?

Started playing around 8 years old, played in grade school, junior high, street ball.
Four seasons of HS football.
Four seasons of naval base football....flag
Fifteen years of City Flag football.

That's a lot of football.

Now in order to play....I played D-1 football, that takes a real name and some proof.

Now answer the question, ok? When you show up here how come ya always come looking for Avante....why?

Pelicans78
09-08-2017, 06:13 AM

Started playing around 8 years old, played in grade school, junior high, street ball.

Now in order to play....I played D-1 football, that takes a real name and some proof.

Now answer the question, ok? When you show up here how come ya always come looking for Avante....why?

So basically after high school football, you have no experience.

Avante
09-08-2017, 11:24 AM
So basically after high school football, you have no experience.

Been playing football all my life. And as you can see nobody knows about the game more than Avante. I've probably played in over 1000 football games in my life. And my knowledge of how it's played, the who, what, where and when on a whole other level.

I should have coached the game.

Avante
09-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Anyone STILL wanna debate Andrew Luck vs Russell Wilson?

Clipper Nation
09-08-2017, 03:09 PM

:lmao Flag Football

UNT Eagles 2016
09-10-2017, 07:00 AM
Anyone STILL wanna debate Andrew Luck vs Russell Wilson?
Luck was arguably better before the injuries.

Clipper Nation
09-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Scam looking Tannehill-esque so far, tbh:

QB CAM NEWTON (https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/cam-newton/6153), 66.9 OVERALL GRADE

The Panthers are building a team around Cam Newton to help him be successful, but if they are to truly compete they need him to play better than this. He missed multiple open receivers, including blowing at least one clear touchdown after a coverage bust in the 49ers secondary, and completed just 55.0 percent of his passes when kept clean (https://www.profootballfocus.com/products/elite) in the pocket, for only 5.5 yards per attempt.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-carolina-panthers-23-san-francisco-49ers-3

Killakobe81
09-13-2017, 08:46 AM
Grew up watching John Unitas, Sonny Jurgenson, Fran Tarkenton, Len Dawson, Joe Namath, Bart Starr etc etc. Saw Montana while at ND, saw Staubach play at Navy. Seen um all since the late 50's.

So with that level of experience this is how it really is so pay attention. Yes I know more than you do, trust me.

1.Tom Brady
2.Aaron Rodgers
3.Drew Brees
4.Big Ben
5.Russell Wilson
6.Matt Ryan
7.Philip Rivers
8.Eli Manning
9.Derek Carr
10.Dak Prescott

Then we get into Newton, Luck, Winston, Mariota etc.

eli way to high tbh and big ben slightly high if we talking 2017

UNT Eagles 2016
09-13-2017, 01:13 PM
eli way to high tbh and big ben slightly high if we talking 2017

Brees is too high, honestly. Did you watch the MNF game? He looked old and washed up like Carson Palmer did. Bad throws that almost went for picks, and couldn't throw it in the ocean all game in the red zone even when the reads were there. He's still top 10 but he's really fallen off imo.

Rivers isn't top 10 and hasn't been since around 2013.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-13-2017, 01:22 PM
1. Savage... just kidding... Brady (that Pats defense is awful this year, though)
2. Rodgers (he's a better game manager than Brady though... the way he draws fouls on purpose is kind of cheap and poor gamesmanship)
3. Ryan (hope the Bears game was an anomaly)
4. Carr (just looks so comfortable and throws so well)
5. Roethlisberger (who else throws so well under pressure, into tight spaces where only his receivers can catch?)
6. Brees (hope the Vikings game was an anomaly)
7. Wilson (his offensive line is high-school JV level)
8. Newton (when he's on, and the running game is on... it's ON. Such a virtuoso, classic Panthers performance on the road on Sunday)
9. Prescott (very deliberative, conservative thrower; quality decision maker)
10. Luck (assuming he can get at least somewhat healthy again)

Not quite ready to anoint Alex Smith (Axmiff) and Carson Wentz yet, but they're on the rise. As well as Jameis Winston who we haven't seen yet this season.

Clipper Nation
09-13-2017, 04:36 PM
:lol 40-year old Brady over Rodgers
:lol Matty Choke, Struggle, Cam, and Dak over Luck
:lol Struggle, Cam and Dak even being in the top 10
:lol A 33-year-old Alex Smith being "on the rise" based on one fluke game

Avante
09-15-2017, 01:45 AM
:lol 40-year old Brady over Rodgers
:lol Matty Choke, Struggle, Cam, and Dak over Luck
:lol Struggle, Cam and Dak even being in the top 10
:lol A 33-year-old Alex Smith being "on the rise" based on one fluke game

Anyone who says....TOM SAVAGE THE BEST QB IN TEXAS PERIOD...........needs to forget talking QB's. Hey stupid, tell us all again about how Derek Anderson is better thahn Can Newton, hahahaha~~~~~~

Raven
09-15-2017, 05:24 PM
he seems done for.

Avante
09-26-2017, 02:08 AM
I'll be damn, a black QB replacing Luck, ha~~~~~~~~

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2017, 08:35 AM
Jacoby Brissett is the Colts new franchise QB. Colts will be pretty bad this year, but he seems like another Newton at worst and potentially better long term.

Luck should take this year off, ask for a buyout, and go to the Broncos next year to try to get a ring before their defense gets too old and slow.

Clipper Nation
09-26-2017, 09:10 AM
:lol One decent game against the Browns is apparently enough to be the "new franchise QB."

Clipper Nation
09-26-2017, 09:13 AM
In other news, Scam Newton continues to be trash:

QB CAM NEWTON, 40.9 OVERALL GRADE

It was a tough day for quarterback Cam Newton as he ended with 167 yards passing and three interceptions. One of those interceptions was deflected off HB Christian McCaffrey, the other two will fall on Newton's shoulders. All three of his interceptions came while under no pressure, as he finished 13 of 21 averaging 4.8 yards per attempt when the pocket was clean. Newton will look to bounce back next week against a tough opponent in the Patriots.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-new-orleans-saints-34-carolina-panthers-13

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2017, 11:58 AM
In other news, Scam Newton continues to be trash:

QB CAM NEWTON, 40.9 OVERALL GRADE

It was a tough day for quarterback Cam Newton as he ended with 167 yards passing and three interceptions. One of those interceptions was deflected off HB Christian McCaffrey, the other two will fall on Newton's shoulders. All three of his interceptions came while under no pressure, as he finished 13 of 21 averaging 4.8 yards per attempt when the pocket was clean. Newton will look to bounce back next week against a tough opponent in the Patriots.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-new-orleans-saints-34-carolina-panthers-13

lol if Newton wins in Foxboro

DeadlyDynasty
09-26-2017, 12:03 PM
lol if Newton wins in Foxboro
If NE was 3-0, there would be an infinitesimal window of hope, but Pats go into God-mode after losses. They're only gonna lose 1 more game this year (assuming Brady stays healthy), and it won't be to Newton:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2017, 01:33 PM
If NE was 3-0, there would be an infinitesimal window of hope, but Pats go into God-mode after losses. They're only gonna lose 1 more game this year (assuming Brady stays healthy), and it won't be to Newton:lol
They're not going 14-2 again lol. I think 12-4 is most realistic, but 11-5 is more realistic than 12-4 or even 13-3 considering their defense is godawful this year. How to you give up 30+ to one of the worst teams/offenses in the league?

DeadlyDynasty
09-26-2017, 02:14 PM
They're not going 14-2 again lol. I think 12-4 is most realistic, but 11-5 is more realistic than 12-4 or even 13-3 considering their defense is godawful this year. How to you give up 30+ to one of the worst teams/offenses in the league?
I disagree completely, here are the possible NE losses the rest of the way:

@ Bucs
Falcons
@ Broncos
Raiders
@ Steelers

They will easily sweep the AFC East, as well. The Bucs have no identity right now, and Winston is too inconsistent to go head-to-head with Brady. The Atlanta game will be their toughest of the year, but they will be favored at home. They'll honestly be favored in all of the above, with Pittsburgh being the only possible exception...but then again Brady has a long history of destroying the Steelers. In order from most likely to least likely losses, I would have:

1) Atlanta
2) @ Denver...every time they go to Mile High it's either a loss or a gritty win, nothing free.
3) Oakland (very much looking forward to Carr vs Brady)
4) @ TB...possible loss with Doug Martin returning
5) @ Pittsburgh

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2017, 02:23 PM
I disagree completely, here are the possible NE losses the rest of the way:

@ Bucs
Falcons
@ Broncos
Raiders
@ Steelers

They will easily sweep the AFC East, as well. The Bucs have no identity right now, and Winston is too inconsistent to go head-to-head with Brady. The Atlanta game will be their toughest of the year, but they will be favored at home. They'll honestly be favored in all of the above, with Pittsburgh being the only possible exception...but then again Brady has a long history of destroying the Steelers. In order from most likely to least likely losses, I would have:

1) Atlanta
2) @ Denver...every time they go to Mile High it's either a loss or a gritty win, nothing free.
3) Oakland (very much looking forward to Carr vs Brady)
4) @ TB...possible loss with Doug Martin returning
5) @ Pittsburgh
I wouldn't favor them over Atlanta, even at home. Revenge is a real thing and NE almost always loses one home game to the NFC every year.

Also, being favored doesn't equate to always winning. That's like saying being favored to get a number card over a face card in a deck of 52 means you'll always get a number card. NE was inches from losing at home to a dreadful team a couple days ago. They will lose a few. Unlikely they win the championship again this year, they thrive on revenge not staying hungry immediately after ultimate success.

Avante
09-26-2017, 02:31 PM
The worst "spot" in pro football is this....

Second road game in a row.

This season the Pats have....

Jets
Oakland....Mexico City (More like a home game for Oakland)

And they have that dreaded three road games in a row with....

at Buff
at Miami
at Pitt

AND...a road game in Denver and TB.

Being as real as possible...

NE should go....11-5.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-03-2017, 12:13 PM
The worst "spot" in pro football is this....

Second road game in a row.

This season the Pats have....

Jets
Oakland....Mexico City (More like a home game for Oakland)

And they have that dreaded three road games in a row with....

at Buff
at Miami
at Pitt

AND...a road game in Denver and TB.

Being as real as possible...

NE should go....11-5.
They should lose in Denver this year. No way they win in Denver two years in a row. Their HFA is back this year and very real since their team is good again.

Kyle Orton
10-03-2017, 12:16 PM
They should lose in Denver this year. No way they win in Denver two years in a row. Their HFA is back this year and very real since their team is good again.

What happened to Denver being the worst team in that division, you autistic c.unt

UNT Eagles 2016
10-03-2017, 01:21 PM
What happened to Denver being the worst team in that division, you autistic c.unt

Chargers aren't necessarily out though. And the Derek Carr injury is a confounding variable you can't expect

SpursforSix
10-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Chargers aren't necessarily out though. And the Derek Carr injury is a confounding variable you can't expect

Chargers look like shit. All those weapons. They're like the Dolphins of the West.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Chargers look like shit. All those weapons. They're like the Dolphins of the West.

their special teams is godawful more than anything. And then there's the injury problem. I still think they can win 9 games and make the playoffs this year. Schedule softens up.

SpursforSix
10-03-2017, 02:46 PM
their special teams is godawful more than anything. And then there's the injury problem. I still think they can win 9 games and make the playoffs this year. Schedule softens up.

I agree about the soft schedule. But I can't see the 9 wins.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-03-2017, 02:50 PM
I agree about the soft schedule. But I can't see the 9 wins.

they split their division 3-3, beat the Giants, Buffalo and the Jets, Browns, Jags, and Redskins.

unleashbaynes
10-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Cam shitting on the Pats :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
10-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Cam shitting on the Pats :lol

Black Panthers shitting on Trump's boys :lol

johnsmith
10-05-2017, 12:00 AM
Been playing football all my life. And as you can see nobody knows about the game more than Avante. I've probably played in over 1000 football games in my life. And my knowledge of how it's played, the who, what, where and when on a whole other level.

I should have coached the game.

But mostly flag....LOL!!!

Avante
10-05-2017, 12:07 AM
But mostly flag....LOL!!!

Played 43 tackle with pads football games in my life.

Over 1000 touch, flags, tackie without pads games.

I know the game. Could take your dumdass to school talking YOUR Broncos, trust me.

johnsmith
10-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Played 43 tackle with pads football games in my life.

Over 1000 touch, flags, tackie without pads games.

I know the game. Could take your dumdass to school talking YOUR Broncos, trust me.

Lol....this whole post is pathetic....you scream "Al Bundy"

Avante
10-05-2017, 12:28 AM
Lol....this whole post is pathetic....you scream "Al Bundy"

Dude, ever thought of doing something other than Avante here? Look at yourself ya little freak, Avante is all ya do.

Smart move stupid not trying to talk YOUR Broncos vs Avante.

SuperCam
10-19-2017, 12:30 PM

Clipper Nation
10-19-2017, 03:07 PM
:lol What a laughable poll. The real most overrated QB is Struggle Wilson, followed closely by Scam Newton.

unleashbaynes
10-19-2017, 05:47 PM
Hmm let's see.
Luck: 70 GP, 87.3 passer rating, 132 TDs, 68 INTs, 59.2% on completions, 19,078 passing yards, 1442 rushing yards, 14 rushing TDs, 18 game winning drives

Wilson: 85 GP, 98.9 passer rating, 135 TDs, 48 INTs, 64.5% on completions, 19,415 passing yards, 2843 rushing yards, 14 rushing TDs, 22 game winning drives

And Wilson has 2 SB appearances, winning one.

But please, go on about how the most over rated QB is Wilson.

Clipper Nation
10-19-2017, 05:50 PM
Just imagine what Luck's stats would look like if he had Team Leader Lynch and the Legion of Boom instead of a collection of scrubs and fossils. :wow

The Seahawks would have been a dynasty with Luck. Instead, they're one-and-done because they tried to make Struggle the hero and then paid him like a franchise QB.

unleashbaynes
10-19-2017, 05:53 PM
And imagine Wilson's numbers if he got to play the Jags, Texans, and Titans for 6 games a year instead of going up against Harbaugh's niners, an elite Rams defense, and a good Cardinals team.

The point is, you can't shit on Wilson without also shitting on Luck. And don't give me that injury crap. Wilson's been injured too and played through it. Durability is an ability.

Also if Wilson has been "carried" so much by an elite defense, why does he have more GW drives? Why does that unstoppable force of a defense always put him in such a hole?

Clipper Nation
10-19-2017, 06:06 PM
And imagine Wilson's numbers if he got to play the Jags, Texans, and Titans for 6 games a year instead of going up against Harbaugh's niners, an elite Rams defense, and a good Cardinals team.
:lol Harbaugh's Niners were done by Struggle's third year in the league, and just :lol at hyping up the Rams and Cardinals.

The point is, you can't shit on Wilson without also shitting on Luck.
Sure you can. Struggle has had it easy his whole career. He's always had an elite defense and usually had an elite running game. All he has to do is just manage the game. The team he was drafted to was so stacked, they won 7 games with Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst under center. He would be considered a bust right now if the Colts drafted him.

unleashbaynes
10-19-2017, 07:04 PM
It's really convenient how stats only matter when they fit your argument.

And he beat Harbaugh's Niners multiple times in the playoffs. They were far from "done". Also the Rams always have had a good defense since he's been in the league. The Cards too.

Bottom line, he plays in one of the toughest divisions in football year in and year out and always manages to make the playoffs. Can't say the same for Ryan Tanne....uh, I mean Andrew Luck.

Avante
10-20-2017, 12:17 AM
:lol Harbaugh's Niners were done by Struggle's third year in the league, and just :lol at hyping up the Rams and Cardinals.

Sure you can. Struggle has had it easy his whole career. He's always had an elite defense and usually had an elite running game. All he has to do is just manage the game. The team he was drafted to was so stacked, they won 7 games with Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst under center. He would be considered a bust right now if the Colts drafted him.

Don't know shit about QB's do ya little fella?

Russell Wilson has led how many 4th quarter comebacks in his career? He's had how many great receivers?

Stupid, Johnny Unitas had Hall of Famers....Lenny Moore (first great receiver RB) Ray Berry and John Makey. Jor Montana had Roger Craig, John Taylor and some cat named Rice. Dan Marino had Tony Nathan and the Marks bros. Peyton Manning had....Harrison, Wayne and Clark. Tom Brady has Belichick.

Have yiu ever ever seen Russell Wilson actually play? How do you not get...."the guy is just magical"...."only QB in the league who can make that play"..."all I can say is...wow~ ".,...why act like you haven't heard all that....well? Dude.....PRO BOWL MVP....ha~~~~ The guy holds NFL records.

Last season he was once again voted by the players as one of the top 30 players in the NFL. Where was your boy Joe Flacco?

One more time

Compare Wilson's career vs anyone elses with the same amount of experience...ok? Show me the QB who did better....ok?

Spurtacular
10-25-2017, 12:59 AM
Who are the white media?

Avante
10-25-2017, 09:41 PM
Funny watching the Colts not wanting to just come out and say it......we ain't winning anything this season so why toss Luck back out there? So we see all this BS instead...ha~~~~ If there do bRing him back in 2017....DUH~~~~~~~~~~

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-26-2017, 03:22 PM
Funny watching the Colts not wanting to just come out and say it......we ain't winning anything this season so why toss Luck back out there? So we see all this BS instead...ha~~~~ If there do bRing him back in 2017....DUH~~~~~~~~~~

Thats because Irsay is a fucktard and just wants to sell tickets. They did the same shit with Manning in 2011.