PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: lol beisbol

Pages : [1] 2

RD2191
08-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Tebow trying to get into the mlb. I wonder why he didn't choose another sport? Oh yeah, it's because any fatass can play beisbol. :lol

RD2191
08-09-2016, 08:58 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17252762/former-nfl-qb-tim-tebow-pursue-career-professional-baseball

08-09-2016, 09:01 AM
:lmao

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 09:01 AM
More like he chose the sport because he was an elite baseball player in high school?

He won't make it to the MLB. He'll probably bounce around the Independents/Minors as a sideshow for a few games and then quit.

Danny Ainge, though, flamed out in pro baseball, joined the NBA after a 4 year layoff from basketball, and the rest is history.

Fooobaw is the fatass sport, bro. Get it right.

lefty
08-09-2016, 09:16 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 09:26 AM
I remember this shit. A 32 year old Master P who probably hadn't played serious basketball since high school and past his athletic prime was getting roster spot consideration from the Nuggets :lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/columns/story?id=1462117&columnist=spears_marc

Wonder why he didn't chose another sport?

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 09:28 AM
During the strike-shortened 1998-99 season, Miller was a member of the Charlotte Hornets during training camp but didn't make the regular-season roster. During the 1999-2000 season, he once scored eight points in an exhibition game against the Vancouver Grizzlies while playing for the Toronto Raptors and continually packed arenas.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Mikeanaro
08-09-2016, 09:56 AM
Fatball.

spurraider21
08-09-2016, 11:06 AM
wonder why he didnt just choose basketball because its so easy :rolleyes

Spur-Addict
08-09-2016, 11:24 AM
:lol Baseball is just so turrrible. An obese fatty considered your most iconic player.

"You need really good hand-eye coordination and, and, and you need to be able to, to, to". Most fucking sports require hand-eye or foot-eye coordination.

"But, but, but not like this. WHY DON"T YOU TRY HITTING THIS 100 MPH fastball right now!! You, you, you can't do it because never mind the fact that you haven't played this sport that requires little cardiovascular exertion all your life. But-but-but, you never took the time to tailor your game towards a specific skillset required for this dumbass game. Because, you know, chasing down a ball in the outfield is so damn tough, you know. I mean, I don't know how elite athletes would be able to do something like that"

Just because someone has to learn how to catch/hit a ball whizzing at their face since they were a young teenager doesn't make it a good sport. It just means you have to train to do it. It still fucking sucks, period. This is a game that is literally stagnant the vast majority of the time and has no continuity between plays. It's the most boring shit I've ever seen. The "nuances" of lineup strategy etc is fucking boring too. Who wants to watch some meeting at the mound where no one can hear what's going on for ten minutes? It's ridiculous. This game will end up in a museum one day, and good riddance.

There's a reason most sane people cannot wait until the summer is over, because Baseball is fucking garbage.

08-09-2016, 11:31 AM
:lol Baseball is just so turrrible. An obese fatty considered your most iconic player.

"You need really good hand-eye coordination and, and, and you need to be able to, to, to". Most fucking sports require hand-eye or foot-eye coordination.

"But, but, but not like this. WHY DON"T YOU TRY HITTING THIS 100 MPH fastball right now!! You, you, you can't do it because never mind the fact that you haven't played this sport that requires little cardiovascular exertion all your life. But-but-but, you never took the time to tailor your game towards a specific skillset required for this dumbass game. Because, you know, chasing down a ball in the outfield is so damn tough, you know. I mean, I don't know how elite athletes would be able to do something like that"

Just because someone has to learn how to catch/hit a ball whizzing at their face since they were a young teenager doesn't make it a good sport. It just means you have to train to do it. It still fucking sucks, period. This is a game that is literally stagnant the vast majority of the time and has no continuity between plays. It's the most boring shit I've ever seen. The "nuances" of lineup strategy etc is fucking boring too. Who wants to watch some meeting at the mound where no one can hear what's going on for ten minutes? It's ridiculous. This game will end up in a museum one day, and good riddance.

There's a reason most sane people cannot wait until the summer is over, because Baseball is fucking garbage.
:wow

Thread
08-09-2016, 11:35 AM
At least he didn't sell out & become a tight end.

That's what Media was banking on. Fuckin' rats.

Clipper Nation
08-09-2016, 12:35 PM
Tim Tebow likely to prove again that baseball is harder than football

So Tim Tebow wants to play professional baseball, even though he last played the sport as a junior in high school. Back then, he was a power-hitting outfielder who hit .494 with four home runs as his team reached the state semifinals. The Angels actually wanted to draft him, but he never turned in his information card.

Of course, at 29 years old and 11 years removed from baseball, the odds of a team even signing him are slim. Then again, the Chicago White Sox gave a basketball player named Michael Jordan a shot back in 1994, when he was 31 years old. Put immediately in Double-A, Jordan hit .202/.289/.266 with 30 stolen bases. It wasn't pretty, but even doing that well was impressive.

Really, it was a reminder that baseball is the most difficult of sports. You can't rely on raw athleticism if you don't have the hand-eye coordination to hit 95-mph fastballs and nasty sliders. We wish Tebow luck, but here's a list of football players who tried to play baseball and discovered they were much better at football.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/73001/tim-tebow-likely-to-prove-again-that-baseball-is-harder-than-football

Molotov
08-09-2016, 12:44 PM
At least he didn't sell out & become a tight end.

That's what Media was banking on. Fuckin' rats.

Kobe's parents sold his shit.

Thread
08-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Kobe's parents sold his shit.

They were selling your shit.

Thread
08-09-2016, 01:23 PM

So Tim Tebow wants to play professional baseball, even though he last played the sport as a junior in high school. Back then, he was a power-hitting outfielder who hit .494 with four home runs as his team reached the state semifinals. The Angels actually wanted to draft him, but he never turned in his information card.

Of course, at 29 years old and 11 years removed from baseball, the odds of a team even signing him are slim. Then again, the Chicago White Sox gave a basketball player named Michael Jordan a shot back in 1994, when he was 31 years old. Put immediately in Double-A, Jordan hit .202/.289/.266 with 30 stolen bases. It wasn't pretty, but even doing that well was impressive.

Really, it was a reminder that baseball is the most difficult of sports. You can't rely on raw athleticism if you don't have the hand-eye coordination to hit 95-mph fastballs and nasty sliders. We wish Tebow luck, but here's a list of football players who tried to play baseball and discovered they were much better at football.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/73001/tim-tebow-likely-to-prove-again-that-baseball-is-harder-than-football

Look at him,,,totin' up ciphers & worrying himself into a bit of a frazzle.

He even found the temerity to cite MJ. Then held fast in the ranks about not mentioning the fact that MJ got kicked out of the NBA.

Rough being a Christian in a Muslim country.

---------

I'll just bet you do.

lefty
08-09-2016, 01:56 PM

:worthy:

RGMCSE
08-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Baseball is just so turrrible. An obese fatty considered your most iconic player.

meanwhile NFL football is literally being stripped of its balls every year. Lol football turning into soccer in 5 years. :lol

Silver&Black
08-09-2016, 05:10 PM
:lol Stickball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvxxF4-fALE

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 05:51 PM

Now you're getting it. Hardest routine action to do in sports. And much harder than anything to do in foooobawww.

While foooobaw might be an entertaining sport when it's not interrupted by yet another commercial or thrown flag, the skillset demands are a joke compared to every other major sport on the planet. I remember foooobaw fans saying there was no way Jarryd Hayne would make an NFL roster. Fooobaw players are simply too athletic, too "skilled," too experienced, they said. How is Hayne going to get familiar with the "complexity" of fooobaw playbooks with such limited experienced?

He made an NFL roster in his first try :lmao

"B-B-But he played a similar sport in Australia!" (fun fact: Rugby League isn't really that similar outside of a few superficial similarities)

Yeah, when is the last time you seen a cricket player make an MLB roster?

And :tu bringing a Ruth. A player from the 20's. Meanwhile, foooobaw is by far the fattest ball sport in the world, with nearly half the roster looking as if they might need a mobility scooter to get around.

And :lol at fooobaw having continuity between plays. Continuity between commercials perhaps. But I know foooobaw fans will often confuse commercials and the actual game, since it can be hard to tell the difference at times.

Spur-Addict
08-09-2016, 06:07 PM
:sleep

Silver&Black
08-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Continuity between commercials perhaps.

Everybody I know who watches NFL Football (and I do mean everybody) watches NFL Redzone....

Just saying. That ":lol Commercials" argument holds no water with me. Seriously Mid...I can't think of one person in my fantasy league who actually watches the game on FOX/CBS. Even if their favorite team is playing...they still watch RedZone.

:tu :tu NFL RedZone

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Everybody I know who watches NFL Football (and I do mean everybody) watches NFL Redzone....

Just saying. That ":lol Commercials" argument holds no water with me. Seriously Mid...I can't think of one person in my fantasy league who actually watches the game on FOX/CBS. Even if their favorite team is playing...they still watch RedZone.

:tu :tu NFL RedZone

Why should I pay for something extra to get away from the NFL's incessant commercials?

Why doesn't, you know, the NFL just put more of a hard cap on the number of commercials during a broadcast?

Besides, I tune into to watch my team and really couldn't care less about the Bucs driving against the Saints.

Red Zone is to appeal to fantasy nerds, and fantasy football is bigger than the actual sport these days.

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 06:15 PM
:sleep

Not enough commercials in my post for you?

Spur-Addict
08-09-2016, 06:27 PM

You spent the vast majority of your post talking about another sport. As if I'm supposed to have some knee-jerk response in defending it. But thanks for the response.

Silver&Black
08-09-2016, 06:32 PM

:worthy: "7 hours of commercial free football starts now"

http://i.imgur.com/wEF0iHml.png

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 06:41 PM
The whole concept of RedZone makes no sense to me.

I like to see an entire drive, how it played it out. Big fuckin' deal watching a highlight of a red zone play.

And again, I want to watch my team. I shouldn't have to pay any more money to the NFL and cable companies to get away from the 60th Budweiser or Chevy commercial of the evening.

Silver&Black
08-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Mid hates the one thing that blows a huge hole in his ":lmao Commercials" argument...

I'm shocked.

08-09-2016, 07:06 PM
:lol Mid getting regulated trying to defend fatbol as per par

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Mid hates the one thing that blows a huge hole in his ":lmao Commercials" argument...

I'm shocked.

No it doesn't. What about "I want to watch my team" didn't you understand?

Cutting to the Colts vs the Jags is STILL a break from the broadcast I want to watch.

I don't play fantasy. Red zone doesn't interest me.

How about this?

The NFL cut down on commercial time?

Just a thought.

Silver&Black
08-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Take this forum we all know and love for example. We're all a bunch of diehard sports fans here.

When the NFL season starts...the NFL Sub-Forum will be packed. Every Sunday will have a 30+ page thread created in it's honor. Every time Russel Wilson loses a game...a thread will be started about it. Every time Cam Newton throws a pick....a thread will be started about it. Johnny Football gets photographed looking smacked out again....a thread will be started about it.

Now go down to the MLB Sub-Forum. It's a fucking ghost town. Last time I was down there I'm sure I saw a tumbleweed rolling around trying to create a thread. There's a reason why baseball stories/threads are created in the NBA Forum, tbh.

Why do so many more "sports" fans go to the NFL forum and not to the MLB Forum? It's clearly obvious that the "incessant penalties and commercials" don't seem to bother the average sports fan here.

10,000,000,000 commercials and penalties + One game of football >>>> One game of baseball

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Take this forum we all know and love for example. We're all a bunch of diehard sports fans here.

When the NFL season starts...the NFL Sub-Forum will be packed. Every Sunday will have a 30+ page thread created in it's honor. Every time Russel Wilson loses a game...a thread will be started about it. Every time Cam Newton throws a pick....a thread will be started about it. Johnny Football gets photographed looking smacked out again....a thread will be started about it.

Now go down to the MLB Sub-Forum. It's a fucking ghost town. Last time I was down there I'm sure I saw a tumbleweed rolling around trying to create a thread. There's a reason why baseball stories/threads are created in the NBA Forum, tbh.

Why do so many more "sports" fans go to the NFL forum and not to the MLB Forum? It's clearly obvious that the "incessant penalties and commercials" don't seem to bother the average sports fan here.

10,000,000,000 commercials and penalties + One game of football >>>> One game of baseball

Yeah, yeah. We know foobaw is popular. What's that have to do with my personal problem with there being 75 commercials per broadcast?

You said redzone should cure that problem. I explained why it doesn't for me. Now you're on to appealing to popularity.

Keeping up with the Kardashians is more talked about than than The Wire. That doesn't make keeping up with the Kardashians any less shit.

lefty
08-09-2016, 07:24 PM
:lol Mid getting regulated trying to defend fatbol as per par

Silver&Black
08-09-2016, 08:06 PM
You said redzone should cure that problem.

Explain to me how a channel with no commercials somehow doesn't cure the ":lmao 10,000,000 commercials" problem?

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Explain to me how a channel with no commercials somehow doesn't cure the ":lmao 10,000,000 commercials" problem?

My problem with commercials isn't that I have to watch them, it's that they are 4 minute BREAKS from the game I want to watch. Cutting to a game I have zero interest in is still a BREAK from the game I want to watch.

I know hardcore foooobaw fans love to see anything and everything that takes place on the field. But I don't really care about watching the Saints trying to score against the Falcons.

How is this hard for you to understand? A break is a break, whether I'm forced to watch a Chevy ad or another game.

Furthermore, RedZone doesn't solve this problem during the playoffs, Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, and the Super Bowl.

Silver&Black
08-09-2016, 09:51 PM
My problem with commercials isn't that I have to watch them, it's that they are 4 minute BREAKS from the game I want to watch. Cutting to a game I have zero interest in is still a BREAK from the game I want to watch.

I know hardcore foooobaw fans love to see anything and everything that takes place on the field. But I don't really care about watching the Saints trying to score against the Falcons.

How is this hard for you to understand? A break is a break, whether I'm forced to watch a Chevy ad or another game.

Furthermore, RedZone doesn't solve this problem during the playoffs, Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, and the Super Bowl.

Then don't watch the NFL or RedZone. You're probably not going to anyways, tbh.

The NFL doesn't need your support. They're still the big dog on the block. Always will be....even with their 10 billion commercials.

I just find it incredibly dishonest of you to spin all of the negative things people complain about baseball into some sophisticated strategy talk. Take my post the other day about the pitcher throwing the ball back to 1st base 7 times in a row to check the runner. Very rarely does a runner get tagged out trying to get back to 1st base. You spin it as..........."Well this team should have done it more. That's the reason why they didn't get to the World Series".

I'm the first one to admit that foobaw has it's faults. Penalties, Concussions, Peyton Manning Commercial after Peyton Manning Commercial.....etc.

You've just drawn the line in the sand and will refuse to acknowledge any of baseball's shortcomings. It's all got a spin associated with it. "You just wouldn't get the intricate nuances involved in the game of baseball"....or something along those lines.

midnightpulp
08-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Then don't watch the NFL or RedZone. You're probably not going to anyways, tbh.

The NFL doesn't need your support. They're still the big dog on the block. Always will be....even with their 10 billion commercials.

I just find it incredibly dishonest of you to spin all of the negative things people complain about baseball into some sophisticated strategy talk. Take my post the other day about the pitcher throwing the ball back to 1st base 7 times in a row to check the runner. Very rarely does a runner get tagged out trying to get back to 1st base. You spin it as..........."Well this team should have done it more. That's the reason why they didn't get to the World Series".

I'm the first one to admit that foobaw has it's faults. Penalties, Concussions, Peyton Manning Commercial after Peyton Manning Commercial.....etc.

You've just drawn the line in the sand and will refuse to acknowledge any of baseball's shortcomings. It's all got a spin associated with it. "You just wouldn't get the intricate nuances involved in the game of baseball"....or something along those lines.

Your argument is on aesthetic grounds. You don't like checking the runner because it "bores" you. That's fine. People are entertained/engaged by different things. But if my team was in the WS, with a speedy runner on 1st, I would want that runner to be checked (it never happens 7 times in row). It's an IN GAME action. A commercial or cutting away to RedZone isn't.

You don't like the time a pitcher takes between pitches. Fair enough. But it's still an IN GAME action and something a pitcher needs to do. When I was dicking around throwing pitches, you need to take your time to focus. You can't just chuck pitches fast and expect them to be accurate.

I don't acknowledge baseball's faults that you and the others cite because they are aesthetic criticisms, and subjective.

Here's baseball faults:

- Homeplate umps are good, but still miss calls. Link them up with PitchTrax (easy to do) and the problem is solved.

- Don't cut to a commercial during a mid-inning pitching change.

- When the pitcher comes in relief, he shouldn't be allowed to warm up. He's already been warming up in the bullpen for the last 10 minutes. Get on with it. No one wants to see a warm up pitches on the game mound.

- Make breaking up double plays with hard slides and homeplate collisions legal again.

Other than that, all the other "faults" are aesthetic. "They don't run around enough, etc, etc."

Like I said, I don't need a bunch of running, jumping, and spinning to be entertained. We already have 2 other sports that cover that better than probably any sport can, so why do we need it in baseball? Baseball, at its core, is about one guy throwing an object at or near 100 mph (along with a variety of off-speed stuff) to a guy trying to hit that object with a bat that has a sweetspot no bigger than the object thrown. And it's a fascinating thing. But I get it, not ESPN highlight friendly enough. That's fine. You like what you like.

What gets me going is the myth baseball players are all fat (I know the soccer crew is trolling, but it's a troll without much truth and thus retarded), unathletic, and it doesn't take much "physicality" to play, which is complete horseshit when you investigate the strain throwing at max velocity puts on your body and the physical gifts and precise mechanical fundamentals you need to have to generate the amount of bat speed and torque to hit a ball 450 feet or throw 95 mph. I would rather play basketball at max for 30 minutes than throw 30 minutes at max. Running and jumping aren't the only kinds of athleticism.

As I said in the other thread, baseball isn't my favorite sport. I like all sports I follow equally if they're presented right. It's just a fact baseball is very fuckin' hard and takes a great athlete with exceptional hand-eye coordination to play well. Yes, you can say this about all sports, but baseball's learning curve, from my experience and many others I know, is higher than basketball and football's.

Orioles center fielder Adam Jones, a great athlete, said, "I've told players from other sports, 'We [baseball players] could play your sport better than you could play our sport.'"

I agree. Not out of bias, but because that has been my experience (and Kidd K and my friends). Yes. Anecdotal, but I can also make the argument appealing to biomechanics if you want to debate this idea.

As for football. Great sport. Love it. Don't like the NFL at the moment. Not a criticism of the sport, but of a specific league.

DAF86
08-10-2016, 12:15 AM

That so many folks tried to make it into baseball after having played professionally another sport says it all.

I don't know know of any guy that has tried that shit with soccer, tbh.

You know why? 'cause they know they have no chance in hell.

Thread
08-10-2016, 12:46 AM
That so many folks tried to make it into baseball after having played professionally another sport says it all.

Though baseball is the only sports where the offense does not control the "ball."

midnightpulp
08-10-2016, 06:34 AM

"So many folks." :lol

Who?

Jordan, and now Tebow. T-Mac wasn't serious and was basically used as a publicity stunt by an Independent team to sell tickets. And he was terrible.

And to put Jordan's performance into perspective, he had a .556 OPS at the Double AA level. Average MLB OPS is .713.

NBA=MLB
Euroleague/NCAA Division 1=AAA

AA baseball is probably the equivalent of a Euroleague team in the 2nd tier. It would be like a player shooting 35% in that said league. A really good rec league American player (who was maybe a former HS stud) under 35 could probably manage 35% shooting in the 2nd tier of the Euroleague, so it shows how unimpressive Jordan's attempt was.

Tebow has no chance in Hell. He just has a massive ego and is something of an attention whore.

(tl;dr ahead. I know you don't like reading, so I thought I'd warn you).

Oh, and it has happened in soccer.

This guy was first a pro basketball player in the Turkish league, and then invited by his country's national team soccer coach to play soccer. He did, and eventually become one of Turkey's top pros, eventually making it to Lazio in Italy's Serie A (as you know, a top league in the world).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_Bartu

Happened in the 60's, but soccer has always been deep talent pool wise, and there were a lot of great players in the 60's (Best, Pele, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Charlton, etc).

"Well, he probably played a lot of soccer when he was young."

And Tebow played baseball, making the all state team in HS, so he obviously has reason to believe in himself, even if his belief has no chance of happening (you soccer crew still have little idea how hard the sport is).

Meanwhile, Hayne made an NFL roster after a few months of training, at 27 years old. Drew Henson flamed out in baseball after a year, batting .111, moved to football and had a 5 year career. Ainge moved to basketball after 3 years with the Blue Jays.

Corey Jenkens. Released by in 1999 from his AA team. Took up football and was drafted by the Dolphins as a 27 year old :lol. Had a 3 year NFL career.

Brian Jordan. Had aspirations of being the next Bo Jackson, to be elite in both baseball and football. Drafted in the first round of the baseball draft and 7th round in the football draft in 1988 (so he was a more highly touted prospect in baseball). Walked immediately on to the Falcons. Led the Falcons in tackles and made the Pro Bowl. Meanwhile, he was only in the minors in baseball. He eventually signed with an MLB team, who gave him a bonus to concentrate on baseball full-time.

It never happens the other way around (flame out in pro football, basketball and then move onto the MLB).

Clipper Nation
08-10-2016, 10:09 AM
Really? So what does it say about basketball that Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Julius Peppers and Donovan McNabb went on to play in the NFL? (College hoops might as well be "professional" since they're all getting paid under the table anyway.)

Chad Ochocinco tried out for the MLS a few years ago:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6250413

Also, a few former European soccer players have sometimes gone on to play kicker in the NFL. See: Derek Smethurst, Toni Fritsch, and Neil O'Donoghue.

In fact, there have been plenty of athletes who have switched from one football code to another:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_who_have_converted_from_one_footba ll_code_to_another

More like they don't want to waste their athletic talent on a third-world lawn game that claims to be a "sport."

.G.
08-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Why should I pay for something extra to get away from the NFL's incessant commercials?

Why doesn't, you know, the NFL just put more of a hard cap on the number of commercials during a broadcast?

Besides, I tune into to watch my team and really couldn't care less about the Bucs driving against the Saints.

Red Zone is to appeal to fantasy nerds, and fantasy football is bigger than the actual sport these days.

:lol

TheGreatYacht
08-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Breaking news: Prince Fielder retiring from swing stick aka Malboro ball aka chew and spit aka diabetes catch :wow

Splits
08-10-2016, 05:11 PM
:lol Stickball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvxxF4-fALE

:lol too much beer while he was sitting on the bench that he forgot how to dive into the dirt, a skill any 5 year old can master

midnightpulp
08-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Really? So what does it say about basketball that Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Julius Peppers and Donovan McNabb went on to play in the NFL? (College hoops might as well be "professional" since they're all getting paid under the table anyway.)

Chad Ochocinco tried out for the MLS a few years ago:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6250413

Also, a few former European soccer players have sometimes gone on to play kicker in the NFL. See: Derek Smethurst, Toni Fritsch, and Neil O'Donoghue.

In fact, there have been plenty of athletes who have switched from one football code to another:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_who_have_converted_from_one_footba ll_code_to_another

More like they don't want to waste their athletic talent on a third-world lawn game that claims to be a "sport."

The fact that players from baseball's closest cousin (cricket) could never make it should tell DAF86 all he needs to know. And they've tried before.

And the in the 70's, the A's experimented by signing a world class sprinter (world record holder in the 60 yard dash) to use as a specialist pinch runner and base stealer. Should be easy enough, right? Why don't more teams do this?

He's was thrown out about 60% of the time :lol A terrible rate. Rickey Henderson had years where he was only thrown out 18% of the time.

And baserunning is by far baseball's easiest skill (run fast in straight line for 90 feet with a few turns) and a world class sprinter couldn't even do it well.

midnightpulp
08-10-2016, 05:19 PM
:lol too much beer while he was sitting on the bench that he forgot how to dive into the dirt, a skill any 5 year old can master

See my latest post. If it's so easy, then why was a world class sprinter terrible at it?

http://media3.giphy.com/media/3o7TKGRHLyFXdeziyk/giphy.gif

TheGreatYacht
08-10-2016, 07:05 PM
See my latest post. If it's so easy, then why was a world class sprinter terrible at it?

http://media3.giphy.com/media/3o7TKGRHLyFXdeziyk/giphy.gif
Minnesota United FC? :lmao

I don't think that team is even in the MLS :lmao

You don't want us to post minor league lowlights

midnightpulp
08-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Minnesota United FC? :lmao

I don't think that team is even in the MLS :lmao

You don't want us to post minor league lowlights

You know how many bloopers exist at all levels of soccer?

Wow. People fuck up. Who would've thought?

Anyhow:

https://media.giphy.com/media/7RzohnhcLFIXu/giphy.gif

08-10-2016, 08:27 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/1/8/8/153870188/100915_tex_fielder_dugout_medres_3e6b8fp3.gif
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/1301382766350917295.gif?w=1000
https://mlblogsredstatebluestate.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/pablo20sandoval20cake-thumb-280x136-19807611.gif

lefty20
08-10-2016, 09:47 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1104879/robert-green-fail-o.gif

Molotov
08-10-2016, 09:54 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/1/8/8/153870188/100915_tex_fielder_dugout_medres_3e6b8fp3.gif
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/1301382766350917295.gif?w=1000
https://mlblogsredstatebluestate.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/pablo20sandoval20cake-thumb-280x136-19807611.gif

det last one is so fat...:lmao:lmao

spurraider21
08-10-2016, 09:55 PM

i dont think you understand how red zone works. yes, they show literally every scoring play as a live update, but they typically stick on one game at a time, showing a drive. once that game heads to commercial, they switch to another game

while they do shuffle in scoring highlights throughout the league, the focus is typically on one game at a time

plus if you have the sunday ticket you get the rewind, which is where they turn every game into a 30 minute cut

spurraider21
08-10-2016, 09:58 PM
det last one is so fat...:lmao:lmao
inb4 hes faster than bale

midnightpulp
08-10-2016, 11:26 PM
inb4 hes faster than bale

You're still Philo'ing that?

I gave Ronaldo Usain Bolt's 10 yard split times, and his 40 time (projected from that 25m sprint) would be around 4.8. No way Ronaldo accelerates like Bolt, so it's a safe assumption Ronaldo probably runs 4.9-5.0. Shredded and lean=/=fast.

You watch 320lb defensive lineman run 4.7s but yet it's inconceivable that Prince can run? He ran 18.4 mph on the basepaths just last year. And Prince was already way past his prime last year due those his neck injury.

Thread
08-14-2016, 12:14 PM
& it's the little things about baseball---9 of 'em:::

* Home plate umpire signaling to the pitcher that time's in again by pointing directly at him.
* Last put out in the outfield and the outfielder tosses the ball to the next player over.
* Labeling the pitcher/catcher the "Battery."
* The way a catcher looks down to 3rd Base each time to check the runner then throws the ball back to the pitcher.
* The possibility of a runner stealing home outright.
* Home plate umpire calling for more baseballs & a kid brings them out.
* Lefty batter/Lefty pitcher --- Righty batter/Righty pitcher --- The inherit trust twixt opponents at 100 mph.
* (Hitters) hit & eschew angling for a base on balls. "I ain't here to coax a walk."
* On HD the way a catcher will watch a hitter unbeknownst.

M L B

Silver&Black
09-29-2016, 11:01 AM
Tebow trying to get into the mlb. I wonder why he didn't choose another sport? Oh yeah, it's because any fatass can play beisbol. :lol

Time to get this debate rolling again.

Tebow homered on the first pitch he saw. Not bad for being out of the "hardest game to play" for basically 40 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXudkDrTEJo

TheGreatYacht
09-29-2016, 11:23 AM

Tebow homered on the first pitch he saw. Not bad for being out of the "hardest game to play" for basically 40 years.

Cousinfuckerball fan won't show up on this thread anytime soon :lmao

lefty
09-29-2016, 11:28 AM

Thread
09-29-2016, 11:35 AM

It'd be so sweet if he made a MLB roster. Oh, Media would absolutely be incensed. They wouldn't know whether to shit, or, go blind.

Silver&Black
09-29-2016, 12:00 PM
It'd be so sweet if he made a MLB roster. Oh, Media would absolutely be incensed. They wouldn't know whether to shit, or, go blind.

We can agree on that part Cub. Jesus H. Christ. It's front page stuff that Tebow homered in something called the "instructional league".

09-29-2016, 12:43 PM

09-29-2016, 12:49 PM

:cry b-b-but beisbol's learning curve is SO high!!! :cry

lefty
09-29-2016, 12:53 PM
" Try to hit a ball that's coming at XXXX MPH "

DAF86
09-29-2016, 01:38 PM

Shiiiiiiiiiit :lmao:lmao:lmao

Game over sons, everybody go home. Take your belongings with you. It was fun while it lasted, though. :lol

Thread
09-29-2016, 01:49 PM
We can agree on that part Cub. Jesus H. Christ. It's front page stuff that Tebow homered in something called the "instructional league".

Please. After Jordan got kicked out of the NBA his minor league baseball shit was front page stuff as well.

Silver&Black
09-29-2016, 02:05 PM
Please. After Jordan got kicked out of the NBA his minor league baseball shit was front page stuff as well.

Yeah. But let's not start comparing Tebow to Jordan now.

I can remember ESPN/Sportscenter interrupting their broadcast to go live to Jordan's at bats. It's not that bad with Tebow yet.

TheGreatYacht
09-29-2016, 04:14 PM
midnightpulp

lefty20
09-29-2016, 05:33 PM
Hitting a home run of a Cardinals minor leaguer ain't a deal. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if most ppl here were able to do the same to their shitty major league rotation.

DMC
09-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Took dad killer like 2 years

09-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Hitting a home run of a Cardinals minor leaguer ain't a deal. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if most ppl here were able to do the same to their shitty major league rotation.
It's front page stuff tbh

chunticakes
10-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Lol fatball

lefty
10-05-2016, 01:16 PM
:lmao beisbol is so boring, fans get drunk and throw cans onto the field

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jones-claims-fans-shouted-racial-slurs-calls-beer-throw-pathetic/ar-BBx0KCI?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

spursistan
10-05-2016, 01:21 PM
midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430)

Clipper Nation
10-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Shows how intense baseball is that drunk moron fans get whipped up into enough of a frenzy to do shit like that.

Meanwhile, floptrot fans kill each other, riot in the streets, and set flares off in the stands over 0-0 ties.

10-05-2016, 01:24 PM
:lmao beisbol is so boring, fans get drunk and throw cans onto the field

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jones-claims-fans-shouted-racial-slurs-calls-beer-throw-pathetic/ar-BBx0KCI?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

10-05-2016, 01:25 PM
:cry "b-but beisbol is not a racist "sport" gais!!!" :cry

Caltex2
10-05-2016, 10:30 PM
I'm sure that's not the first pitch Tebow saw, I'm sure he took batting practice and the like so he had become acclimated to game speed pitches to some degree.

Thread
10-05-2016, 10:53 PM
I'm sure that's not the first pitch Tebow saw, I'm sure he took batting practice and the like so he had become acclimated to game speed pitches to some degree.

I'll just bet you're sure.

Mal
10-06-2016, 09:43 AM

Yeah, those scouts what were sent to watch him, they only saw him wearing football helmets and throwing hail mary`s.

DMC
10-06-2016, 10:42 AM
beisbol is still more exciting than Lakers basketball tbh

lefty
10-06-2016, 10:54 AM
beisbol is still more exciting than Lakers basketball tbh
idk, the Lakers self destruction is fun to watch

DMC
10-06-2016, 10:56 AM

"The thrill is gone" -BB King

Splits
10-06-2016, 06:32 PM
:lol 162 game season
:lol 1 game playoff
:lol wtf?

lefty
10-06-2016, 06:36 PM
:lol 162 game season
:lol 1 game playoff
:lol wtf?

:lol fillemptyvoidinfatfanslifeball

Molotov
10-06-2016, 10:19 PM

true

lefty
10-10-2016, 09:31 PM
What do you call fatball post-season ?

Dessert

Silver&Black
10-10-2016, 09:46 PM
More history.

The very first time a post-season series ended on a.....

:lol Walk-off error

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzD58UmFyeM

midnightpulp
10-27-2016, 11:48 PM
Shiiiiiiiiiit :lmao:lmao:lmao

Game over sons, everybody go home. Take your belongings with you. It was fun while it lasted, though. :lol

I missed the soccer crew's semen tornado after Tebow's homer in a workout game.

He's in the Arizona Fall League now. To compare that league to basketball's player development, the AFL would be on the level of something like the Turkish League.

Tebow is by far the worst player in the league. After tonight's game, his OPS will drop even more, to .250. To compare that to basketball, that would be like a 10 percent shooting percentage :lol

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2wftwf4.jpg

Yeah, learning curve is ridiculously high. Jerryd Hayne made an NFL roster on his first try, and you have 7 foot Indian lops making NBA rosters without much trouble.

:lol Povertyball fans wrong again, per par.

DAF86
10-27-2016, 11:59 PM
"I missed..." :lol

Silver&Black
10-28-2016, 12:10 AM
To be fair...I thought it was funny when Tebow homered. That's why I posted it.

Please don't lump me in with the Povertyball crowd. Even though I hate beisbol...it's still 10,000 times better than watching soccer.

midnightpulp
10-28-2016, 12:12 AM
"I missed..." :lol

???

You can count my posts on one hand since S&B bumped this thread. I discovered the bump in my mentions.

"Game over," indeed.

Since you don't know baseball, I don't think you realize how terrible Tebow is. It's literally like a basketball player averaging 1ppg on 10% shooting. And we don't have any defensive metrics on him yet. From what I've heard, he's terrible there, too. Right now, he's twice as worse as the 2nd worse player in the league.

And this is a "workout" league. They only play about 20 games.

I told you dipshits this was a publicity stunt. It's sad that bum took a legit spot from a real baseball player, but since baseball has about 100 minor league levels, someone would take the bait in the hope of drawing attendance.

midnightpulp
10-28-2016, 12:22 AM
To be fair...I thought it was funny when Tebow homered. That's why I posted it.

Please don't lump me in with the Povertyball crowd. Even though I hate beisbol...it's still 10,000 times better than watching soccer.

I'm not. I knew you were being cheeky.

Just slapping down the povertyball crew after their cute semen hurricane.

They really thought Tebow was going to "expose" the difficulty of baseball. He's all but confirmed its difficulty. And this was a guy who was an elite baseball player in high school, scouted by the Angels.

Splits
10-29-2016, 02:19 AM
Baseball’s Biggest Games Are Taking Forever

October brings falling leaves, great postseason pitching and hitting, and painfully long baseball games. Look no further than Game 2 of the World Series: On the game’s biggest national stage, the Cubs and Indians played a 5-1 game (http://espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=361026105) Wednesday night that took four hours and four minutes (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CLE/CLE201610260.shtml) :lmao to complete. Interminable games like Wednesday’s contest are the norm for the MLB postseason — but even by that standard, this year has been by far the slowest in recent memory.

https://i0.wp.com/espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/arthur-chart-1.png?quality=90&strip=all&w=575&ssl=1

Baseball usually reserves its longest games for October, with the average game length jumping precipitously in the final month of each of the past five seasons. But even keeping that in mind, this year has been extraordinary: The last 27 games have featured an average game length of three hours and 24 minutes, the highest average for any continuous block of 27 games in the past five years (and far above the overall 2016 season average of three hours, two minutes). The only block of games that even comes close to the one we’re in now came in 2014 — and 2014 was before baseball commissioner Rob Manfred announced new rules designed to speed up the games (http://m.mlb.com/news/article/109799096/mlb-announces-pace-of-game-initiatives). That this year’s games are surpassing the heights of 2014 even with those pace-of-play rules in place is extraordinary.

There are a number of contributors to baseball’s recent sluggishness, including instant replay reviews, reliever usage and pitcher pace. Managers are using replay-review challenges more aggressively in the postseason, averaging more than one per game (https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/replay), in comparison with the regular season average of 0.6 per game. Replay challenges take about 96 seconds each1 (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/baseballs-biggest-games-are-taking-forever/#fn-1), so the additional challenges are probably only adding a little less than a minute to the bloated postseason average.

Reliever usage is probably a larger factor. As I documented in a recent piece (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/in-baseball-october-is-reliever-season/), managers are asking more relievers to chew up a greater fraction of the innings this postseason than ever before. So far this postseason, there have been 4.06 relief appearances per game, compared with a regular season average of 3.14 per game. Each pitching change can take up to two minutes and 30 seconds, so pitcher usage accounts for another two- to three-minute chunk of the sluggish pace.

Relievers themselves also slow the pace of the game. Relief pitchers (http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=rel&lg=all&qual=0&type=c,4,5,11,7,8,13,-1,36,37,40,43,44,48,51,-1,6,45,62,-1,59,211&season=2016&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=0,ss&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0) take much more time between pitches — about 1.7 seconds more per throw — than starters (http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=sta&lg=all&qual=0&type=c,4,5,11,7,8,13,-1,36,37,40,43,44,48,51,-1,6,45,62,-1,59,211&season=2016&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=0,ss&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0) do (http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=sta&lg=all&qual=0&type=c,4,5,11,7,8,13,-1,36,37,40,43,44,48,51,-1,6,45,62,-1,59,211&season=2016&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=0,ss&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0). Combine that leisurely tempo with the fact that relievers are being used more so far this postseason — about 14 more pitches are thrown by the bullpen per game — and we’ve accounted for another 25 or so extra seconds per game.

Speaking of slow pitching pace (http://www.fangraphs.com/library/pitching/pace/), by far the worst offender this year was the Los Angeles Dodgers’ bullpen (http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=rel&lg=all&qual=0&type=c,4,5,11,7,8,13,-1,36,37,40,43,44,48,51,-1,6,45,62,-1,59,211&season=2016&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=19,d). At 25.9 seconds per pitch, Dodgers relievers were 0.3 seconds slower between pitches than the second-place team (the Boston Red Sox, who also made it to the playoffs), 3.3 seconds slower — per pitch, mind you! — than their NLCS opponent, the Cubs, and 2.2 seconds slower than the AL champion Indians.2 (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/baseballs-biggest-games-are-taking-forever/#fn-2) Fans and announcers complain about replay challenges and pitching changes, but combined they probably have less impact on game length than specific teams (like the Dodgers) do.

So after the Cubs advanced over L.A. in the NLCS, it was fair to think that the strongest influence on this postseason’s slow games was out of the race, and that we might see snappier baseball in the World Series as a result. But despite the Cubs and Indians being two relatively fast-paced teams (http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=0&type=c,4,5,11,7,8,13,-1,36,37,40,43,44,48,51,-1,6,45,62,-1,59,211&season=2016&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=19,a), the World Series has featured two of the longest games of the postseason, each with relatively little offense (http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/lets-hope-we-never-see-anything-like-game-two-again/) and only nine innings. There’s a big chunk of this postseason slowdown that doesn’t seem to be due to relievers, or replay, or pace. Maybe it’s the drama of the moment or the potential to break a title drought (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/even-the-data-thinks-the-cubs-may-have-been-cursed/), but baseball games now take longer than at any point in recent memory.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/baseballs-biggest-games-are-taking-forever/

You have to be a real loser to waste over 4 hours of your life for 20 minutes of "action" (this includes balls, walks, foul balls, and routine grounders) and the other 3.5+ hours watching fat ass men play with their nuts, spit, drink beer and smoke in the dugout.

midnightpulp
10-29-2016, 07:39 AM
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/baseballs-biggest-games-are-taking-forever/

You have to be a real loser to waste over 4 hours of your life for 20 minutes of "action" (this includes balls, walks, foul balls, and routine grounders) and the other 3.5+ hours watching fat ass men play with their nuts, spit, drink beer and smoke in the dugout.

Baseball's time/entertainment ratio is exponentially greater than soccer's.

A 20 minute inning in a one run or tied game is significantly more entertaining than an entire soccer match that will probably end in 0-0. Every pitch is vitally important, every swing important. There's nothing like the sustained tension of 2 out/2 strikes, man in scoring position situation, with the batter constantly fighting off pitches.

Soccer's close game "tension" is basically non-existent. A lot of passing around in the midfield, parking the bus, lost possessions, and if we're really lucky, maybe a couple of breakaways. I mean, look here, 3 shots on goal the entire match!

http://www.espnfc.us/matchstats?gameId=456817

The 9th inning of last night's game was 100x more involving than that shit.

You have to be a real loser to waste over 2 hours of your life watching aimless jogging and skinnyfat twinks dive to the grass for a game that will likely end up in a tie :lol

:cry "But they jog around, so it's ACTION packed."

I do agree baseball needs a few tweaks to speed up the game. I think starting pitchers should have to go 7 innings minimum and no more than one relief pitcher per inning. No tweaks can fix soccer, though, since it's a Victorian relic with terrible game design.

TDMVPDPOY
10-29-2016, 08:01 AM
baseball, cricket, golf....lol standing in the sun 4hrs+ fck that shit...just as worst as watchin daytona or whatever it that run loops in a cirle doing one left hand turn for 2hrs is called skillful driving...

midnightpulp
10-29-2016, 08:02 AM
baseball, cricket, golf....lol standing in the sun 4hrs+ fck that shit...just as worst as watchin daytona or whatever it that run loops in a cirle doing one left hand turn for 2hrs is called skillful driving...

You don't like watching 12 hour test cricket, bro?

TDMVPDPOY
10-29-2016, 08:05 AM
You don't like watching 12 hour test cricket, bro?

no what for? thats boring shit man...never got into the sport, standing in the field in the heat of summer? what for? the only clowns who enjoyed it are when u hitting the ball or bowling, most of the time ur standing in the field hoping the kent hits the ball towards ur direction to catch it...thats just as lame as baseball...

midnightpulp
10-29-2016, 08:18 AM
no what for? thats boring shit man...never got into the sport, standing in the field in the heat of summer? what for? the only clowns who enjoyed it are when u hitting the ball or bowling, most of the time ur standing in the field hoping the kent hits the ball towards ur direction to catch it...thats just as lame as baseball...

Them Pakis can play Cricket pretty good, eh?

TDMVPDPOY
10-29-2016, 08:30 AM
Them Pakis can play Cricket pretty good, eh?

im not paki kent, but im sure its up there with fucking a goat

Molotov
10-29-2016, 09:05 PM
im not paki kent, but im sure its up there with fucking a goat

chunticakes
10-30-2016, 11:37 PM
Lol wtf these players don't even speak English?! I saw them interviewing some Chapman guy on ESPN and the interviewer literally had to speak to him in Spanish and translate everything. :lol

midnightpulp
10-30-2016, 11:47 PM
Lol wtf these players don't even speak English?! I saw them interviewing some Chapman guy on ESPN and the interviewer literally had to speak to him in Spanish and translate everything. :lol

Baseball's attempt to lure the US soccer audience.

chunticakes
10-30-2016, 11:56 PM
Baseball's attempt to lure the US soccer audience.

Smart move, tbh..

Kawhitstorm
10-31-2016, 12:01 AM
They really thought Tebow was going to "expose" the difficulty of baseball. He's all but confirmed its difficulty. And this was a guy who was an elite baseball player in high school, scouted by the Angels.

"Elite beisbol player" while competing about a bunch of suburban white kids not on PEDs.:lmao

10-31-2016, 05:14 AM

04-07-2017, 07:49 AM
It has happened again...

04-07-2017, 07:49 AM

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 07:57 AM
It has happened again...

:lol I knew you'd dig this up. What happened last time you had this semen hurricane? Tebow wound up being the worst player in the league.

And yeah, he sucked in this game:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/9uch7b.jpg

1-5 with 3Ks in the lowest minor league level. :lol

Killing it.

lefty
04-07-2017, 08:01 AM
It has happened again...

Shiiiiiiit

Fuck my job I'm gonna play beisbol and get PAID

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Shiiiiiiit

You won't get paid going 1-5 with 3 strike outs.

lefty
04-07-2017, 08:04 AM
You won't get paid going 1-5 with 3 strike outs.
A lot of MLB fat fucks do

04-07-2017, 08:04 AM
Shiiiiiiit

Start eating then :lol

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 08:05 AM
A lot of MLB fat fucks do

Name the last player to get a contract off a .200 average. I'll wait.

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 08:10 AM

Question. Why would your dumbass bump this without first actually seeing how terrible Tebow did overall? Homeruns aren't povertyball goals. One doesn't mean shit if you're terrible in your other ABs.

Splits
04-07-2017, 08:28 AM
Name the last player to get a contract off a .200 average. I'll wait.

Every pitcher

Splits
04-07-2017, 08:29 AM

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Every pitcher

You know that's not the same thing. :lol

Clipper Nation
04-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Every pitcher
Tebow isn't a pitcher.

Splits
04-07-2017, 08:35 AM
You know that's not the same thing. :lol

That's why Ruth is the GOAT. 2.28 career ERA, .342 career batting average.

He threw :wow 107 complete games :wow

Clipper Nation
04-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Shiiiiiiit

Did you play high school baseball at a high enough level that an MLB organization expressed interest in drafting you? I'm going to guess not.

As a high school junior, Tebow hit .494 with four home runs and captured the attention of scouts, with representatives from the Angels since saying they had hoped to draft him.

"He had a strong arm and had a lot of power. If he would have been there his senior year he definitely would have had a good chance to be drafted," said scout Stephen Hargett in an interview with WEEI’s Rob Bradford (http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/06/12/red-sox-scouts-recall-when-tim-tebow-almost-became-an-angel/). "He had leverage to his swing. He had some natural loft. He had some good power. He was a good athlete. He had enough arm for that position. He was a left-handed hitter with strength and some size."

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/report-tim-tebow-is-pursuing-a-career-in-a-professional-baseball-080916

If this was Tebow's first-ever attempt at playing baseball, he would suck a thousand times worse than he already does. And keep in mind, this is only Single-A baseball. He's a long way off from the major leagues.

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 08:49 AM
That's why Ruth is the GOAT. 2.28 career ERA, .342 career batting average.

He threw :wow 107 complete games :wow

If you "know baseball" like you say you do, you know ain't no one doing that post-dead ball era.

I would actually like to see the dual pitching/batting threat return in the MLB. Shohei Otani is one in the NBP, but I don't think it's possible.

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Did you play high school baseball at a high enough level that an MLB organization expressed interest in drafting you? I'm going to guess not.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/report-tim-tebow-is-pursuing-a-career-in-a-professional-baseball-080916

If this was Tebow's first-ever attempt at playing baseball, he would suck a thousand times worse than he already does. And keep in mind, this is only Single-A baseball. He's a long way off from the major leagues.

He's no chance outside of a last game of the season publicity stunt, which I wouldn't put past the Mets if they're floundering.

I've been following this circus, and EVERYTHING Tebow hits is opposite field. Aside from this wind aided homer, his contact is usually weak. He simply doesn't have the bat speed to turn over on anything. Here's him about a half second late trying to catch up to Max Scherzer.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/screen-shot-2017-03-27-at-5-34-08-pm.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Whole different ballgame (no pun) trying to hit that than some 22nd round pick in Low-A.

Brazil
04-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Question. Why would your dumbass bump this without first actually seeing how terrible Tebow did overall? Homeruns aren't povertyball goals. One doesn't mean shit if you're terrible in your other ABs.

:lol triggered

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 09:07 AM

No. If you're gonna troll, you gotta make sure your material can't be countered.

Trolling 101, my friend.

Haven't I taught you well in my battles with the helmet crew? :p:

Brazil
04-07-2017, 09:23 AM
No. If you're gonna troll, you gotta make sure your material can't be countered.

Trolling 101, my friend.

Haven't I taught you well in my battles with the helmet crew? :p:

:lol to be fair it's easier with helmet crew

dabom
04-07-2017, 12:05 PM
:lol to be fair it's easier with helmet crew

"He pulls me back in" :lol

04-07-2017, 12:14 PM

04-07-2017, 12:15 PM

lefty
04-07-2017, 01:11 PM

Brazil
04-07-2017, 01:19 PM

not my case I never went out tbh

spurraider21
04-07-2017, 01:20 PM
So tebow is the mark Reynolds of the minors?

DAF86
06-20-2017, 11:38 PM
0:40 AM and eastern time baseball fans are stucked with a 12-0 game midway through the 7th inning. Probably have 2 more hours of "entertainment". :lol

lefty
06-20-2017, 11:45 PM
0:40 AM and eastern time baseball fans are stucked with a 12-0 game midway through the 7th inning. Probably have 2 more hours of "entertainment". :lol

apalisoc_9
06-21-2017, 04:18 AM

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 04:25 AM

That game was highly entertaining (not for Mets fans, tough). Bellinger continued his HR streak and Seager had a chance at a 4 home run game. The rarity of which is like a 60 point game in basketball or someone scoring in soccer.

DAF86
06-21-2017, 08:17 AM
That game was highly entertaining (not for Mets fans, tough). Bellinger continued his HR streak and Seager had a chance at a 4 home run game. The rarity of which is like a 60 point game in basketball or someone scoring in soccer.

The beaners that were commentating wouldn't stop bitching about how long the game was taking. Even paid professionals couldn't pretend like they were being entertained. :lol

06-21-2017, 08:33 AM

Splits
06-21-2017, 09:51 AM

Hopefully it didn't :cry start drizzling :cry and they had to cover their field with tarps to keep it dry

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 06:27 PM
The beaners that were commentating wouldn't stop bitching about how long the game was taking. Even paid professionals couldn't pretend like they were being entertained. :lol

Source?

I don't think Orel Hershiser and Joe Davis nor the ESPN broadcast team are beaners.

You were probably listening to the Argentinian feed or something, and they were likely confused by all the scoring, being from a soccer country and all :lol

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 06:29 PM

Hopefully it didn't :cry start drizzling :cry and they had to cover their field with tarps to keep it dry

Probably the dumbest criticism against baseball.

You can't play NBA basketball outdoors, nor can you play street basketball in overly wet and windy conditions.

06-21-2017, 06:32 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Clipper Nation
06-21-2017, 06:33 PM
:lol Povertyball fans triggered by actual scoring

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Baseball has been easy $, so far, I've even been watching full games, tbh:lol overs on overs, love that they decided to juice the balls..

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 06:37 PM
Baseball has been easy $, so far, I've even been watching full games, tbh:lol overs on overs, love that they decided to juice the balls..

Next step is to get into the metrics. Makes basketball's "advanced metrics" look stoneaged.

Silver&Black
06-21-2017, 06:41 PM
I'm on record against both beisbol and tic-tac-toe ball. But, I challenge someone to find me a clip of something worse than this tic-tac-toe gem.

This dude is playing with his balls and smelling his hands. Then he digs in his asshole and sniffs it. Anybody up for the challenge?

http://files.shandymedia.com/styles/page/s3/images/photos/thefumble/2016-06-13_12_16_44.gif

http://n.sinaimg.cn/sports/transform/20160613/1TPp-fxszmaa1923061.gif

Some fat beibol player falling down rounding 2nd base isn't going to cut it. You'll have to do waaaaaaaay better than that.

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2017, 06:44 PM
Next step is to get into the metrics. Makes basketball's "advanced metrics" look stoneaged.

I've been getting into them, but this analytically-driven source I was tailing was killing me, tbh:lol last 3 games he gave me were blowout losses(SF to Atl, STL to Baltimore)..

I've been betting a lot of Nats 1st halves, though..don't have to worry about that trash bullpen..

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 06:53 PM
I'm on record against both beisbol and tic-tac-toe ball. But, I challenge someone to find me a clip of something worse than this tic-tac-toe gem.

This dude is playing with his balls and smelling his hands. Then he digs in his asshole and sniffs it. Anybody up for the challenge?

http://files.shandymedia.com/styles/page/s3/images/photos/thefumble/2016-06-13_12_16_44.gif

http://n.sinaimg.cn/sports/transform/20160613/1TPp-fxszmaa1923061.gif

Some fat beibol player falling down rounding 2nd base isn't going to cut it. You'll have to do waaaaaaaay better than that.

TicTacTrot has the most unintentional hilarity of ANY sport. Your challenge can't be beat.

http://i.imgur.com/djijr.gif

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf85e0YD3xEZQrnK9Lu2a0AeyUqghQ7 jgY3b9vrlAhlhQdiSN8

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 06:54 PM
I've been getting into them, but this analytically-driven source I was tailing was killing me, tbh:lol last 3 games he gave me were blowout losses(SF to Atl, STL to Baltimore)..

I've been betting a lot of Nats 1st halves, though..don't have to worry about that trash bullpen..

Lol. It's terrible. They're collective ERA is like 5.00

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2017, 06:57 PM
Do you believe the ball juicing theory, tbh?

The scoring surge has been pretty crazy during some of these stretches..IIRC, Kershaw has already given up something like 17 HRs, so far..

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 07:05 PM
Do you believe the ball juicing theory, tbh?

The scoring surge has been pretty crazy during some of these stretches..IIRC, Kershaw has already given up something like 17 HRs, so far..

I don't. Baseball likely doesn't want another controversy so soon after the steroid-era. It's metrics. Always metrics (just like how they revolutionized NBA basketball). Since the introduction of statcast, batters now know the key exit velocities and launch angles to aim for that will better produce hard hit fly balls that can turn into doubles and homeruns, and thus have adjusted their swings. Watching batters, they're uppercutting more than ever before. In today's MLB, with the rangy and athletic infields and shifts, hitting the ball on the ground is pretty much offensive death (much like shooting from the midrange in basketball is offensive death). Batters have also adjusted to the increased pitching velocities we've seen over the past decade.

Expect pitchers who have devastating sinkers and sliders to become more valued. They can induce more groundballs.

lefty20
06-21-2017, 07:10 PM
Yeah it's not just dingers that have gone up, strikeouts are trending up as well.

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Basically: fly ball equals 3 point shot, ground ball equals midrange jumper.

The results were that the average ground ball generated 0.04 runs and caused 0.80 outs while the average ball in air generated 0.23 runs and caused just 0.62 outs. On a runs-per-out basis, balls hit into the air created almost 7.5 times as much offense as balls kept on the ground did.

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2017, 07:14 PM
Hm, interesting stuff, tbh..

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 07:14 PM
Yeah it's not just dingers that have gone up, strikeouts are trending up as well.

Which isn't a killer if the player can maintain a high OPS.

You'd rather have 40 homeruns on a .230 average than 5 homeruns on a .300 average, for instance.

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 07:26 PM
Hm, interesting stuff, tbh..

Good breakdown on why Kershaw is giving up a lot of homeruns this season. Also touches on why we're seeing a homerun surge.

As you know, baseball’s experiencing a home-run surge. It hasn’t affected all pitches equally. Home-run rates against high pitches are up, but they’re lower than they were in 2008-2009. So, there’s still a feeling of some normalcy. Home-run rates against low and middle pitches, though, have skyrocketed, relatively speaking. Middle pitches go for homers most often, and that’s what you’d expect, but also, compare the other two lines. Since the start of last season, low pitches have gone out more often than high pitches, on a per-swing basis. That’s not how things used to be.

The easy, over-simplified explanation: Pitchers have increasingly been working down. Hitters have worked to combat that by trying to elevate pitches down. Anything you’ve ever read about a hitter trying to hit more fly balls has involved that hitter trying to elevate pitches around the knees. Pitchers worked low, so hitters started to work low. Hitters got better lower in the zone. This doesn’t capture everything, but I do think it makes overall sense.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/clayton-kershaw-has-developed-a-home-run-problem/

As an aside, this is what makes Mike Trout such a dangerous hitter. He was always best at attacking pitches low in the zone, where most pitchers default to in order to induce weak contact and groundballs. Now it seems every good batter can drive pitches low in the zone.

DAF86
06-21-2017, 07:32 PM
Source?

I don't think Orel Hershiser and Joe Davis nor the ESPN broadcast team are beaners.

You were probably listening to the Argentinian feed or something, and they were likely confused by all the scoring, being from a soccer country and all :lol

Of course I was hearing to Spanish broadcasters. They were Dominicans or something like that.

lefty20
06-21-2017, 07:33 PM
Which isn't a killer if the player can maintain a high OPS.

You'd rather have 40 homeruns on a .230 average than 5 homeruns on a .300 average, for instance.

Oh, I agree completely. Merely pointing out the trend.

TheGreatYacht
10-03-2017, 02:01 AM

midnightpulp

apalisoc_9
10-03-2017, 02:23 AM
cant even run for 10 meters :lol

Splits
10-03-2017, 05:24 AM

Jodelo
10-03-2017, 07:35 AM
Waiting for the meanless Charts, Graphics and statistics :lol

webshad
10-03-2017, 08:31 AM

WTH! :lmao

lefty
10-03-2017, 12:19 PM
WTF :lmao

In before : "hitting a ball a X MPH and graphs, adjusted numbers and science"

apalisoc_9
10-03-2017, 03:08 PM
I bur more calories taking a shit than playing this boring ass game.

Brazil
10-03-2017, 03:45 PM

Bro, what is up with your travel in France ? you already made up your mind ?

Brazil
10-03-2017, 03:46 PM
Also :lol beisbol

lefty20
10-03-2017, 04:05 PM

Irrelevant until we have the exit velocity numbers, tbh.

Also when did burn more calories = better sport become a thing?

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/events.jpg?w=620&h=849&crop=1

apalisoc_9
10-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Bro, what is up with your travel in France ? you already made up your mind ?

yeah I have no choice bro. Personally, I dont make enough money to afford trips like these but the girl said she can cover the ticket expense so I only have to worry about expense in france.

Im just hoping whatever I have is enough. I cant put myslef in dangerous broke territory. I just wanna call her out for being so cliche...no offense bro. Im sure france is great but its the cliche choice for romantic vacations.

You think I can survive for 4kUSD in 17 days...Thats the only thing I can afford right now. I used blow away 7k in 30 days in the philippines and thats a third world country...so I have no idea if 4k is even enough.

midnightpulp
10-04-2017, 07:49 AM
The TwinkTrot crew still doesn't know how to take an L, I see. Here's how poorly designed of a sport soccer is. Some weekend scores. In 16 games, we have 6 ties, with THREE of them being 0-0.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/f53loy.jpg

And most of the other games ended in predictable 1-0, 2-1 scores. You can set your watch to how a soccer match will likely play out. Evidence of its poor design. Ice Hockey pretty much fixed all the flaws of soccer's antiquated and unimaginative game design.

midnightpulp
10-04-2017, 07:58 AM
cant even run for 10 meters :lol

Soccer twinks hurt themselves celebrating :lol.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/german-soccer-player-pulls-a-gramatica-suffers-acl-injury-while-celebrating-a-goal/

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5d8f09d490d53747fb43379b9993347e/tumblr_mq15noKjLw1rap4wwo4_400.gif

Likely due to the low musclemass many of them have. Lack of musclemass can result in extra ligament strain.

Brazil
10-04-2017, 09:10 AM
yeah I have no choice bro. Personally, I dont make enough money to afford trips like these but the girl said she can cover the ticket expense so I only have to worry about expense in france.

Im just hoping whatever I have is enough. I cant put myslef in dangerous broke territory. I just wanna call her out for being so cliche...no offense bro. Im sure france is great but its the cliche choice for romantic vacations.

You think I can survive for 4kUSD in 17 days...Thats the only thing I can afford right now. I used blow away 7k in 30 days in the philippines and thats a third world country...so I have no idea if 4k is even enough.

well that's 200 euro per day roughly, gonna be tough. It really depends where you plan to go. If you want a decent hotel in Paris it's at least 100 / 130 euros per day already you can find much cheaper but forget the romantic aspect of the trip, gonna be students hotel and stuff.

Clipper Nation
10-04-2017, 09:41 AM
The TwinkTrot crew still doesn't know how to take an L, I see. Here's how poorly designed of a sport soccer is. Some weekend scores. In 16 games, we have 6 ties, with THREE of them being 0-0.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/f53loy.jpg

And most of the other games ended in predictable 1-0, 2-1 scores. You can set your watch to how a soccer match will likely play out. Evidence of its poor design. Ice Hockey pretty much fixed all the flaws of soccer's antiquated and unimaginative game design.
:wow Goddamn, that's embarrassing. No wonder liberals love floptrot so much. Nobody loses, nobody wins, and everyone gets a trophy.

apalisoc_9
10-04-2017, 10:33 AM
well that's 200 euro per day roughly, gonna be tough. It really depends where you plan to go. If you want a decent hotel in Paris it's at least 100 / 130 euros per day already you can find much cheaper but forget the romantic aspect of the trip, gonna be students hotel and stuff.

i am sharing hotel expense with the girl so hopefully that helps....:cry

how's brazil?

10-06-2017, 09:19 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

10-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Waiting for the meanless Charts, Graphics and statistics :lol

WTF :lmao

In before : "hitting a ball a X MPH and graphs, adjusted numbers and science"

Splits
10-07-2017, 03:25 AM
Irrelevant until we have the exit velocity numbers, tbh.

Also when did burn more calories = better sport become a thing?

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/events.jpg?w=620&h=849&crop=1

lol fatball didn't make the list because a) you gain calories from drinking beer during games and b) all the fatbol players are more than 238 lbs

midnightpulp
10-07-2017, 07:58 AM
lol fatball didn't make the list because a) you gain calories from drinking beer during games and b) all the fatbol players are more than 238 lbs

Soccer didn't make this list, likely because they couldn't find enough homosexuals to sample :lol

http://www.tennisindustry.org/cms/default/assets/Image/mayo-clinic-chart.jpg

Canyonero
10-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Baseball's MVP is shorter than Messi :lol:lol

midnightpulp
10-07-2017, 10:00 AM

Unlike Messi, he's got something called muscle mass.

http://beckett-www.s3.amazonaws.com/news/news-content/uploads/2017/03/2017-TOD-Var-87-Jose-Altuve.jpg

Also faster than Messi. Just a better all-around athlete, which explains his success.

Canyonero
10-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Unlike Messi, he's got something called muscle mass.

http://beckett-www.s3.amazonaws.com/news/news-content/uploads/2017/03/2017-TOD-Var-87-Jose-Altuve.jpg

Also faster than Messi. Just a better all-around athlete, which explains his success.

Still shorter

10-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Damn that's actually proper pathetic tbh :lol

Clipper Nation
10-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Altuve isn't the GOAT of his sport. Midget Messi is the GOAT of his "sport," though :lol

Clipper Nation
10-07-2017, 11:21 AM
New rule: if the greatest "athlete" in the history of your "sport" is 5'7" or shorter, it doesn't qualify as a sport.

On top of that, Midget Messi can't even make penalty kicks in the clutch. Imagine if the GOAT of basketball was the size of Earl Boykins with the free-throw shooting "skills" of Andre Drummond. Pretty sure the entire sport would have been cancelled decades ago :lol

dabom
10-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Still shorter

midnightpulp
10-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Altuve isn't the GOAT of his sport. Midget Messi is the GOAT of his "sport," though :lol

Altuve isn't even the best player in baseball. 4th in war.

Currently best player in the post season though 2 games in.

lefty
10-07-2017, 11:39 AM

No he's not

midnightpulp
10-07-2017, 11:40 AM
No he's not

Maradona was like 5'3".

Clipper Nation
10-07-2017, 11:42 AM
No he's not
Yes he is:

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/317519/lionel-messi-barcelona-best-player-ever/

lefty
10-07-2017, 11:50 AM
:lol no

midnightpulp
10-07-2017, 11:54 AM
:lol no

Who's better this era?

Fagnaldo? :lol

Soccer is a stone age sport with stone age metrics, but the few metrics that do exist pretty much confirm messi as the clear best with ronaldo hovering in the 10-20 range.

Canyonero
10-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Even fatgaypornball fans school lefty :wow

midnightpulp
10-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Even fatgaypornball fans school lefty :wow

Not really seeing any soccer fans schooling lefty or Ronaldo fans. I've seen the weak counter-arguments from Messi fans, always referring to subjective shit like "brilliance" and "genius." Soccer isn't a fuckin' painting or a piece of literature. It's a simple goal sport, so let's use arguments that make sense. What makes the most sense? Stats. And statistically, Messi crushes Ronaldo.

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/morris-feature-messi-table-1.png?w=575&quality=90&strip=info

Ronaldo is basically the soccer equivalent of a chucker or a strikeout machine with a low batting average in baseball who hits a lot of homeruns, like Mike Napoli.

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/morris-feature-messi-table-1.png?w=575&quality=90&strip=info

There's no argument. It's like comparing Kirby to Lebron.

ElNono
10-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Just sad that an American sports forum has a more active Soccer forum than MLB forum, tbh...

Even the MMMGay forum looks more active, tbh... Sad!

apalisoc_9
10-08-2017, 04:47 PM
always funny watching baseball highlights, it always comes with music cause you know its going to be boring as fuck.

The same way shitty comedy shows and laugh tracks. :lol

one of the less diverse highlights ever. so predictable.

Clipper Nation
10-08-2017, 07:07 PM
always funny watching baseball highlights, it always comes with music

You mean like every other sport's highlights?

midnightpulp
10-08-2017, 10:43 PM
Just sad that an American sports forum has a more active Soccer forum than MLB forum, tbh...

The Soccer forum only looks more active because you got 8 year old threads still up and spend too much time rehashing the 50,000th Messi vs. Fagnaldo debate :lol

midnightpulp
10-08-2017, 10:48 PM
always funny watching baseball highlights, it always comes with music cause you know its going to be boring as fuck.

Yet there's no highlights in soccer. :lol

It's the only "sport" that shows more "highlights" of who almost scored than highlights of actual relevant, game changing events (there's few of those in soccer because it's so poorly designed).

Typical soccer highlight rundown:

- Shot chance created, kick sails 20 feet wide of the goal
- Repeat above about 4 times
- Diving player gains free kick. Kicks 20 feet wide of the goal
- Desperate for a highlight, we see a nutmeg or juke in the midfield that doesn't lead to anything
- Diving player awarded penalty kick in the box in 88th minute. Scores.
- Final score: 1-0 as the crowd riots out of boredom

midnightpulp
10-08-2017, 10:51 PM
Look at this shit. No real sport has 3 out of 5 matches ending 0-0.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/vdmjo9.jpg

midnightpulp
10-08-2017, 11:22 PM
You mean like every other sport's highlights?

Every sport's highlights are essentially the same. Apa just doing his unimaginative baseball hating shtick.

Typical Football game: QB dinking and dunking on a defense while a commentator breaks it down. Maybe a 40 yard bomb. Diving or leaping catch. Sack. Big hit. Running back juking for a gain.

Typical basketball game: Dunk(s). Crossovers. 3 pointers. A couple of defensive highlights of a steal and block. Pass that threads the needle to find a cutter.

Typical soccer game: Missed shot. Missed shot. Dive. Corner kick. Save. Maybe a dribbling highlight. Highlight of a GOAL! Oops. Offsides. Finally the one or two highlights of the goals scored.

This is just awful highlight wise (a red card given is a "highlight" in TicTacTrot :lol)

http://www.espnfc.us/match?gameId=431662

ElNono
10-09-2017, 12:04 AM
The Soccer forum only looks more active because you got 8 year old threads still up and spend too much time rehashing the 50,000th Messi vs. Fagnaldo debate :lol

There's 23 pages worth of threads in the Soccer forum... the MLB forum has 5..... threads total :lol

I have no horse in this race, but come on son, that place is more dead that Jerry Buss, tbh...

midnightpulp
10-09-2017, 12:14 AM
There's 23 pages worth of threads in the Soccer forum... the MLB forum has 5..... threads total :lol

I have no horse in this race, but come on son, that place is more dead that Jerry Buss, tbh...

Activity did die down in the MLB following the mass exodus of Mavs fans (who drove talk there talking about the Rangers), but the MLB forum nukes the old "Official 2015-2016 MLB season" threads and the like while the soccer forum keeps 4 and 5 year old threads alive, thus the 23 pages.

I just don't get what this proves? This is one forum about a San Antonio basketball team (SA isn't a baseball town) with a lot of foreigners. Of course soccer talk is going to be somewhat popular. I mean, over on the IGN forums baseball talk is 3 times as popular as soccer talk.

http://www.ign.com/boards/

And?

ElNono
10-09-2017, 12:35 AM
Activity did die down in the MLB following the mass exodus of Mavs fans (who drove talk there talking about the Rangers), but the MLB forum nukes the old "Official 2015-2016 MLB season" threads and the like while the soccer forum keeps 4 and 5 year old threads alive, thus the 23 pages.

I just don't get what this proves? This is one forum about a San Antonio basketball team (SA isn't a baseball town) with a lot of foreigners. Of course soccer talk is going to be somewhat popular. I mean, over on the IGN forums baseball talk is 3 times as popular as soccer talk.

http://www.ign.com/boards/

And?

I pointed out that's pretty sad for an American forum, tbh... don't get mad at me...

I actually think beisbol has it's moments...

midnightpulp
10-09-2017, 12:41 AM
I pointed out that's pretty sad for an American forum, tbh... don't get mad at me...

I actually think beisbol has it's moments...

I'm not mad. It's just a dumb point. Of course baseball talk isn't going to be popular on a small forum where the majority of posters are from SA (not a baseball city).

webshad
10-09-2017, 10:27 PM

looool bro, you really made me laugh out loud

Brazil
10-10-2017, 08:56 AM
I'm not mad. It's just a dumb point. Of course baseball talk isn't going to be popular on a small forum where the majority of posters are from SA (not a baseball city).

:lol (not a baseball city)

Brazil
10-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Like San Antonio is a soccer or nfl city :lol

Splits
10-10-2017, 09:50 AM

lol look at this fat fuck

10-10-2017, 10:52 AM
^:lmao:lmao:lmao

dabom
10-10-2017, 11:08 AM

midnightpulp
10-10-2017, 12:04 PM
:lol Cherry picking bloopers and bad plays

If you want to do a soccer vs. baseball showdown in that regard, we can do det.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZtmyTgywu6S3ijm/giphy.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/6a/fc/aa/6afcaa74eb0082eafaec7818e67e1688.gif

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/825/470/356.gif

midnightpulp
10-10-2017, 12:05 PM
Like San Antonio is a soccer or nfl city :lol

The soccer forum is the same 5 posters endlessly arguing about who is better between a midget and a faggot.

Brazil
10-10-2017, 12:30 PM
The soccer forum is the same 5 posters endlessly arguing about who is better between a midget and a faggot.

No it is not... take the loss on this one and move on

midnightpulp
10-10-2017, 12:54 PM
No it is not... take the loss on this one and move on

It can seem like that at times. Seems soccer fans are overly concerned with that debate. Soccer is such a simplistic game to analyze that anyone with a brain who's watched 2 minutes of either of them should know the obvious answer, so I don't get why the debate is still relevant?

Brazil
10-10-2017, 01:33 PM
It can seem like that at times. Seems soccer fans are overly concerned with that debate. Soccer is such a simplistic game to analyze that anyone with a brain who's watched 2 minutes of either of them should know the obvious answer, so I don't get why the debate is still relevant?

you are defending the fact MLB forum is dead because SA is not a baseball city, truth is MLB forum is dead because nobody gives a fuck about baseball and basically there is nothing worth discussing. Then you are deflecting about soccer being simplistic...

midnightpulp
10-10-2017, 01:59 PM
you are defending the fact MLB forum is dead because SA is not a baseball city, truth is MLB forum is dead because nobody gives a fuck about baseball and basically there is nothing worth discussing. Then you are deflecting about soccer being simplistic...

No, I'm telling you that your cherry pick about the baseball forum being slow in this one forum out of many on the Internet as some stupid kind of evidence that no one cares about baseball is retarded. Why don't you wade over to Clutchfans and see that their Astros forum is nearly as active as the Texans forum? They don't even have a soccer forum and they have an MLS team :lol

What do I make of that? Fuckin' nothing.

Soccer is simplistic. Cute little goal sport that ends in 0-0 more time than any good sport should.

Splits
10-10-2017, 02:07 PM
:lol Cherry picking bloopers and bad plays

uh no, that happened yesterday

midnightpulp
10-10-2017, 02:22 PM
uh no, that happened yesterday

No shit. But why didn't you cherry pick Ketel Marte's drag bunt that had him speeding 90 feet faster than that faggot Ronaldo can run 80 feet?

Clipper Nation
10-10-2017, 03:53 PM

Also from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q74hGSf8abM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixtaPSY3khI

Both more impressive than anything any povertyball actress has ever done in their careers.

whitemamba
10-10-2017, 04:07 PM
When ever threads like this keep pop up, they make me realize what a mistake democracy is. If this were a dictator ship id just throw everyone in this thread in jail and starve you till you stopped bumping shitty threads. You would never argue about fat athletes, or guys jerking each other off. Sounds like a win win.

Brazil
10-10-2017, 04:27 PM
No, I'm telling you that your cherry pick about the baseball forum being slow in this one forum out of many on the Internet as some stupid kind of evidence that no one cares about baseball is retarded. Why don't you wade over to Clutchfans and see that their Astros forum is nearly as active as the Texans forum? They don't even have a soccer forum and they have an MLS team :lol

What do I make of that? Fuckin' nothing.

Soccer is simplistic. Cute little goal sport that ends in 0-0 more time than any good sport should.

Thanks for confirming you were deflecting... I can respect that tbh.. :tu

lefty
10-10-2017, 05:40 PM

DAMN :lmao

lefty20
10-10-2017, 06:11 PM
http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/53960716ecad047e49952138/robert-green-howler.gif

Mitch
10-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Bukakeball and Football have something in common now: they both get on their knees a lot

Although footballers are doing it for the National anthem while bukakeballers are doing it to sexually service multiple men at the same time.

Barfunk
10-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Look at this shit. No real sport has 3 out of 5 matches ending 0-0.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/vdmjo9.jpg

:lol This right here. Just Awful.

Robz4000
10-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Hand job ball is officially dead in the US.

midnightpulp
10-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Hand job ball is officially dead in the US.

Thank fuckin' Christ. I love seeing hipsters decimated by this.

:cry "How is soccer gon' grow now?" :cry

midnightpulp
10-11-2017, 12:10 PM

Having had a bit of time to digest (I use that word tactfully as this literally makes me sick to my stomach), I find myself not so much frustrated as saddened. This deeply affects me. I was that kid that went to Costa Rica at 11, Brazil at 13, and Europe multiple times from 17 onwards who when asked if I played basketball or baseball or football would steadfastly say soccer, only to be condescendingly sneered at and patronized to the fullest. What could an American possibly know about soccer, let alone how could he possess any prowess to play the game. I did my utmost to make them eat their words, not only in my far superior knowledge of the game but also in being so brazen as to always challenge them to play at any occasion. I personally fought for the identity of American soccer, and this just seems like some massive regression...an almost sinful setback. Not having my country participating on the grandest of scales will undoubtedly do away with the magic of the overall experience of the World Cup. Yes, it's just a game, but it's also a way of life rooted in self-association and national pride. The implications stretch far beyond the obvious and it's just so painfully devastating.

DAF86
10-12-2017, 11:00 PM
9-7 game on the 8th inning in the deciding game of a playoffs series and there's people sleeping on the stands. Just lol sons.

Silver&Black
10-12-2017, 11:29 PM
9-7 game on the 8th inning in the deciding game of a playoffs series and there's people sleeping on the stands. Just lol sons.

:lmao You're watching the game

DAF86
10-12-2017, 11:36 PM
:lmao You're watching the game

I have never denied trying to give baseball a chance everynow and then, I'm a sports maniac. I watch every shit I catch on TV. That's why I can say with fundament that it's boring as shit son. I have tried to make it work but it's just too bad.

Either way, I was watching Panthers-Eagles and now I'm watching Kings-Clippers.

lefty
10-12-2017, 11:59 PM

midnightpulp
10-13-2017, 09:50 AM
I have never denied trying to give baseball a chance everynow and then, I'm a sports maniac. I watch every shit I catch on TV. That's why I can say with fundament that it's boring as shit son. I have tried to make it work but it's just too bad.

Either way, I was watching Panthers-Eagles and now I'm watching Kings-Clippers.

:lol at cherry picking a 7 year old kid who feel asleep at like 1 am East Coast time.

Here's where I do agree with the baseball haters, though. That game was fantastic, but indeed had a sluggish pace that killed a lot of enjoyment. The onfield play was great, but it's the constant mound visits, mid-inning pitching changes, slow pitchers, and batters fiddling with their gloves that can drag on a game.

These are issues that can all be easily addressed (it's a player issue, not a game design issue). It won't bring fans such as yourself around, since you need to see your jogging around to convince yourself there's something happening, but no 9 inning game should last more than 3 hours (unless there's a shitload of offense, which is fine). That said, I think basketball is in much bigger crisis concerning its flaws (soccer is irredeemable, though), but fans like you will never express discontent as long as there is "action."

Baseball wasn't traditionally played like this. Games used to take about 2 hours.

DeadlyDynasty
10-13-2017, 10:19 AM
:lolpovertyball fans foaming at the mouth because USMNT just guaranteed soccer will never catch on in this country. They were too busy watching MLB playoffs or the NFL to give a shit about the WC.

midnightpulp
10-13-2017, 10:23 AM
:lolpovertyball fans foaming at the mouth because USMNT just guaranteed soccer will never catch on in this country. They were too busy watching MLB playoffs or the NFL to give a shit about the WC.

That do-or-die qualifying game against some Jamaican country drew 480,000 on English language TV :lol

There was a lumberjack competition earlier that drew 700K :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
10-13-2017, 10:36 AM
That do-or-die qualifying game against some Jamaican country drew 480,000 on English language TV :lol

There was a lumberjack competition earlier that drew 700K :lmao
crofl...Americans just aren't interested in watching something the common man could do. When we were all kids in elementary school what game did they have everybody play? Soccer, because EVERYONE could participate--even the dim and autistic kids. It's the no-child left behind sport. In middle and high school only the hispanic and latent homosexual kids stayed with soccer. Maybe that was just my school, though...

midnightpulp
10-13-2017, 10:42 AM
crofl...Americans just aren't interested in watching something the common man could do. When we were all kids in elementary school what game did they have everybody play? Soccer, because EVERYONE could participate--even the dim and autistic kids. It's the no-child left behind sport. In middle and high school only the hispanic and latent homosexual kids stayed with soccer. Maybe that was just my school, though...

Same here. The hottest US soccer prospect in years is a 5'7" 130lb kid. While soccer's skills might look flashy, I don't think the learning curve is really all that high. More often than not, 16 and 17 year olds enter the top leagues. As we know, a hot baseball prospect might be ready by 22. Hockey is similar. NFL players would be too small at the age along with basketball players.

But soccer is so demanding because they jog around or something.

spurraider21
10-13-2017, 10:46 AM

It's hard to post comments on a game when it puts you to sleep tbh

spurraider21
10-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Bukakeball and Football have something in common now: they both get on their knees a lot

Although footballers are doing it for the National anthem while bukakeballers are doing it to sexually service multiple men at the same time.
I think we can all agree it's time to take this account back behind the barn and put it out of its misery

midnightpulp
10-13-2017, 10:54 AM
I think we can all agree it's time to take this account back behind the barn and put it out of its misery

He's not wrong. :lol Anthem protests are more interesting than the on-field play in the modern NFL.

Mitch
10-13-2017, 11:15 AM

At least it's not behind the lockers of a bukkakeball gym :lol

Clipper Nation
10-13-2017, 04:33 PM
It's hard to post comments on a game when it puts you to sleep tbh
Povertyball fans still manage to do it, though.

dfens
10-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Since the merrycan team lost to the hotshots:lol of trinidad tobago these niggas been talking a lot about something they claim they don't follow:wow, so you know they are mad as fuck and hurting really bad inside :cry:cry:cry sons don't worry y'all gon' give them MLS winners a trophy with "world champs" written on it and signed by your savior lord Trump, so y'all can be patriotic and proud and pretend you ain't ducking Russia:lmao.

Look on the bright side, instead of supporting Mexico Norte you can bandwagon Mexico proper :lol

Carry on sons and god bless tbh :toast

Clipper Nation
10-13-2017, 06:44 PM
:lol I'm actually thrilled that the US didn't qualify for the Third-World Cup. No annoying hipster fans, no Media begging us to like the "sport," what's not to like? Tbh, I wish we'd stop wasting money on a mediocre acting troupe for a boring-ass "sport."

Silver&Black
10-13-2017, 09:17 PM
There are like 100,000 people in the US that are legit pissed off the USA didn't qualify for the World Cup. The other 325 Million of us don't give a fuck.

Congrats to the country who wins the world cup though. I'm sure all those 0-0 tie games will be a blast to watch.

midnightpulp
10-13-2017, 10:39 PM
There are like 100,000 people in the US that are legit pissed off the USA didn't qualify for the World Cup. The other 325 Million of us don't give a fuck.

Congrats to the country who wins the world cup though. I'm sure all those 0-0 tie games will be a blast to watch.

They love that shit for some reason.

I honestly think what entertains soccer fans about the game is the "fan experience" more than anything. When fans are loud and passionate, it gives the illusion the game is exciting and interesting. It's one thing I envy about the sport of soccer, I suppose. Outside of college football, our fans are basically stoic observers who lazily chant along with what the jumbotron tells them.

DAF86
10-14-2017, 03:40 AM
:lol at cherry picking a 7 year old kid who feel asleep at like 1 am East Coast time.

Here's where I do agree with the baseball haters, though. That game was fantastic, but indeed had a sluggish pace that killed a lot of enjoyment. The onfield play was great, but it's the constant mound visits, mid-inning pitching changes, slow pitchers, and batters fiddling with their gloves that can drag on a game.

These are issues that can all be easily addressed (it's a player issue, not a game design issue). It won't bring fans such as yourself around, since you need to see your jogging around to convince yourself there's something happening, but no 9 inning game should last more than 3 hours (unless there's a shitload of offense, which is fine). That said, I think basketball is in much bigger crisis concerning its flaws (soccer is irredeemable, though), but fans like you will never express discontent as long as there is "action."

Baseball wasn't traditionally played like this. Games used to take about 2 hours.

Whatever you say son. You will never see that shit on any relevant soccer match.

midnightpulp
10-14-2017, 04:34 AM
Whatever you say son. You will never see that shit on any relevant soccer match.

https://onematchban.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/westhamsleeper1.png?w=500&h=300

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch3mPQuXEAM4los.jpg:large

https://onematchban.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/westhamsleeper3.jpg?w=500&h=300

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xr/525833638.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D05A0A1D516670B061 64C7C34B96ED7A11A6126A511C9CCB62A55A1E4F32AD3138

And here's one thing I've never seen before, a COMMENTATOR falling asleep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wJ7gNUAAKQ

dfens
10-14-2017, 05:05 AM
https://onematchban.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/westhamsleeper1.png?w=500&h=300

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch3mPQuXEAM4los.jpg:large

https://onematchban.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/westhamsleeper3.jpg?w=500&h=300

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xr/525833638.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D05A0A1D516670B061 64C7C34B96ED7A11A6126A511C9CCB62A55A1E4F32AD3138

And here's one thing I've never seen before, a COMMENTATOR falling asleep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wJ7gNUAAKQ

relevant game ... with pictures of arsenal and chinese fans :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

midnightpulp
10-14-2017, 05:06 AM
relevant game ... with pictures of arsenal and chinese fans :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

Every EPL game is relevant. The season is essentially the playoffs. Bottom picture was WC round of 16. Guess that's not relevant either :lol

midnightpulp
10-14-2017, 06:02 AM
Fully convinced now. This isn't a sport. No real sport rewards chickenshit tactics like this (in addition to diving to draw cheap penalties).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjOcHNmqpbM&feature=youtu.be

ClipperNation DeadlyDynasty Silver&Black