PDA

View Full Version : Spurs programming heads up

Keepin' it real
08-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Tonight 11:30 central time on NBATV.

Spurs - Lakers 2004 game 5.

Better known as the "Miracle-Timmy-shot-over-Shaq-with-.4-left-on-the-clock" game.

Greatest shot of Tim's career!

JohnnyMax
08-09-2016, 03:21 PM
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2h56z6c.jpg

Solid D
08-09-2016, 03:37 PM
I think I'll pass. Thanks, though.

Spur|n|Austin
08-09-2016, 04:02 PM
I think I'll pass. Thanks, though.

Yeah, wtf.

It took some time for me to get over that one, don't need to relive it.

sananspursfan21
08-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Why would ANYONE in Spurs Nation want to watch that game? And I never understood that being the greatest shot of his career. How could it be? It was obliterated by that lucky/illegal shot! If I were asked, the 3 pointer against Phoenix in the first round of the playoffs would be his greatest shot, largely because he never was a three point shooter.

T Park
08-09-2016, 04:19 PM
Duncan's greatest shot he ever hit was a winning layup on two sprained ankles in 2005 against the Sonics to win the series in Seattle.

sananspursfan21
08-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Duncan's greatest shot he ever hit was a winning layup on two sprained ankles in 2005 against the Sonics to win the series in Seattle.
Ooooooh, yeah that was great. That whole playoff run, I was so focused on Manu I overlooked a lot of Timmy's play. I was also 16 and took him for granted at that time...

phxspurfan
08-09-2016, 04:44 PM

A 3 to bury the Suns in the playoffs.

Keepin' it real
08-09-2016, 05:36 PM
Why would ANYONE in Spurs Nation want to watch that game? And I never understood that being the greatest shot of his career. How could it be? It was obliterated by that lucky/illegal shot! If I were asked, the 3 pointer against Phoenix in the first round of the playoffs would be his greatest shot, largely because he never was a three point shooter.

Why watch? Because it was an improbable finish and a memorable part of Spurs history. First, Tim with the impossible shot, so impossible that you could see the disbelief on his face and even Pop's face. Then the troll with his bullshit shot.

Unbelievable drama. Just like 6 against the Heat. I've rewatched both games many times. Hated the results, but historic games.

Oh, and "greatest shot" because of degree of difficulty and the fact it was a last second shot. His 3 against PHX in '08 was clutch, no doubt, but not nearly as unbelievable as running sideways and throwing up a prayer over Shaq.

Obstructed_View
08-09-2016, 07:12 PM

I'd put that shot over Shaq way above a bank shot over Vitaly Potapenko.

Proxy
08-09-2016, 07:23 PM
I'd put that shot over Shaq way above a bank shot over Vitaly Potapenko.

that's because you're ignoring the season's final results, which t park seems to obviously be taking into account

beirmeistr
08-09-2016, 07:52 PM
was that the one set up by a Manu pss at the end of the game?

sananspursfan21
08-09-2016, 10:32 PM
Why watch? Because it was an improbable finish and a memorable part of Spurs history. First, Tim with the impossible shot, so impossible that you could see the disbelief on his face and even Pop's face. Then the troll with his bullshit shot.

Unbelievable drama. Just like 6 against the Heat. I've rewatched both games many times. Hated the results, but historic games.

Oh, and "greatest shot" because of degree of difficulty and the fact it was a last second shot. His 3 against PHX in '08 was clutch, no doubt, but not nearly as unbelievable as running sideways and throwing up a prayer over Shaq.

A MEMORY WORTHY OF REPRESSION MAN!!!! I would agree with you on to shot if Fisher's shot were officiated correctly and that shot would have counted after all.

Obstructed_View
08-10-2016, 08:22 AM
that's because you're ignoring the season's final results, which t park seems to obviously be taking into account

Also, he's an idiot.

lmbebo
08-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Pass....

Horse
08-10-2016, 12:19 PM
Tonight 11:30 central time on NBATV.

Spurs - Lakers 2004 game 5.

Better known as the "Miracle-Timmy-shot-over-Shaq-with-.4-left-on-the-clock" game.

Greatest shot of Tim's career!

Who the fuck wants to watch this horseshit and the crooked ass timekeeper

Obi Juan Kenobi
08-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Just turn off the TV after Timmy hits his shot...

keeferob25
08-10-2016, 12:27 PM
I must be the only one that thinks that his shot against OKC is his greatest shot...and no I'm not on the "recency bias" tip. If we all remember that game, let's be real, we were ALL feeling it quickly slip away and momentum shifting to OKC. This was a team that was our WORST matchup and had experience beating us down once they "figured" us out. Our heroes for the day (Duncan, Mills, Manu, Kawhi) had given all they had up to the point of OT but you wondered where the HELL that extra push was gonna come from with Parker nursing his pussy per usual. And Duncan just took Ibaka to school. That shot allowed us to get our revenge on both OKC AND Miami. If we lose that game and the series...this "Beautiful Game" stretch is just cute spurstalk, but end the end would have bared ZERO fruit. Winning that chip solidified Duncan, Manu, Pop and Parker and started the hall of fame road for Kawhi. That shot was for the last 5 years of championship relevance.

Dex
08-10-2016, 12:36 PM
While we are at it, can you dig up some video of my ex breaking up with me?

LittleCriminal
08-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Just nba tv being reminiscent about the lakers being in the playoffs.. Its been like 5 years or so..
Actually surprised nba tv is not playing a golden state game.

Budkin
08-10-2016, 01:15 PM

That play was beautifully run too... Manu as the decoy and Timmy put it home!

Kool Bob Love
08-10-2016, 01:47 PM
Fuck you OP.

Solid D
08-10-2016, 01:55 PM
My top 5 grief counseling moments in sports:

1. (Tie) 2013 NBA Finals Game 6 Spurs @ Heat - Ray Allen shot

1. (Tie) 2011 World Series Game 6 Rangers @ Cardinals - 1 strike away from WS win...twice

3. 2004 NBA Western Conference Finals Game 5 Lakers @ Spurs - The longgg count .4

4. 1982 NFL NFC Championship Game Dallas @ SF - "The Catch" & Eric Wright snagging back of Pearson's shirt by 1 finger.

5. 1979 NBA Eastern Conference Finals Game 7 Spurs @ Bullets - 3-1 Spurs series lead, lights out, Dandridge, conspiracy theories

(5. Barely beats out 1990 NBA Western Conference Semifinals Game 7 Spurs @ Blazers - Strickland's pass; and
2006 NBA Western Conference Semifinals Game 7 Mavs @ Spurs - Dirk's &-1 on Manu's foul.)

FromWayDowntown
08-10-2016, 02:03 PM

I don't know that it was Timmy's greatest shot, but it sure is one of the forgotten gems of Timmy's career, particularly given the state of his ankles at that point. And it was ultimately more important than the shot he hit over Shaq in 2004.

8LxfOV5B9Ko

The other thing I'll always remember about the 2005 shot in Seattle was that Duncan's shot stopped the clock with .5 left and every Spurs fan immediately remembered what Fisher had done almost exactly a year earlier. We also came perilously close to a repeat, as Allen got off a contested look at a three from the corner in time to win the game, and barely missed it. I'd hate to think about how life as a Spurs fan would be with a .4, a .5, and a Game 6.

Keepin' it real
08-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Recorded it last night, watching now. Forgot the Spurs had Rasho, Hedo and Devin Brown playing significant minutes. It's remarkable the Spurs almost won.

Also had forgotten how ugly the game was despite the classic finish.

T Park
08-10-2016, 04:44 PM
I don't know that it was Timmy's greatest shot, but it sure is one of the forgotten gems of Timmy's career, particularly given the state of his ankles at that point. And it was ultimately more important than the shot he hit over Shaq in 2004.

8LxfOV5B9Ko

The other thing I'll always remember about the 2005 shot in Seattle was that Duncan's shot stopped the clock with .5 left and every Spurs fan immediately remembered what Fisher had done almost exactly a year earlier. We also came perilously close to a repeat, as Allen got off a contested look at a three from the corner in time to win the game, and barely missed it. I'd hate to think about how life as a Spurs fan would be with a .4, a .5, and a Game 6.

lol we were at a GTG at a pizza place and after Duncan made it and they showed the time left, i immediately turned to TIMVP and said "Fuck they have .5" lol

I rank it as his best due to importance in winning a tough series then getting good rest before playing Phoenix, B his ankles were freaking trashed, no one remembers how bad his ankles were.

everyone ripped Duncan up for that finals series in games 3 and 4 of the finals, but he was operating ill guess at 80% MAYBE. his ankles were hurt going into the playoffs and they got re injured in that same game.

T Park
08-10-2016, 04:47 PM
Recorded it last night, watching now. Forgot the Spurs had Rasho, Hedo and Devin Brown playing significant minutes. It's remarkable the Spurs almost won.

Also had forgotten how ugly the game was despite the classic finish.

Hedo Turkoglu is easily one of the top five most disappointing players to ever come through San Antonio. The guy was so immensely talented and showed so much in Orlando and Sacramento, just made his failure that much more disappointing.
Also Rasho outside of his foibles with not dunking, was a damn good player. Decent rebounder, good jump shot, very very good defender. However because he didnt f'ing dunk, fans shat on him.

Spurtacular
08-10-2016, 04:56 PM
That would've been the greatest game ever if the clock keeper hadn't of f'd up.

Thomas82
08-10-2016, 06:42 PM
I must be the only one that thinks that his shot against OKC is his greatest shot...and no I'm not on the "recency bias" tip. If we all remember that game, let's be real, we were ALL feeling it quickly slip away and momentum shifting to OKC. This was a team that was our WORST matchup and had experience beating us down once they "figured" us out. Our heroes for the day (Duncan, Mills, Manu, Kawhi) had given all they had up to the point of OT but you wondered where the HELL that extra push was gonna come from with Parker nursing his pussy per usual. And Duncan just took Ibaka to school. That shot allowed us to get our revenge on both OKC AND Miami. If we lose that game and the series...this "Beautiful Game" stretch is just cute spurstalk, but end the end would have bared ZERO fruit. Winning that chip solidified Duncan, Manu, Pop and Parker and started the hall of fame road for Kawhi. That shot was for the last 5 years of championship relevance.

Good post!!