PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Warriors Drop Off

mavsfan1000
08-11-2016, 05:34 PM
I got a feeling they will have a drop off. Thompson won't get as many touches and losing their depth will hurt their chemistry. Don't get me wrong. They probably still win 55-60 games. Just not what they were last year.

whitemamba
08-11-2016, 05:49 PM
55-60? Lol

baseline bum
08-11-2016, 06:13 PM
I imagine they'll be at around 68 wins or so. They won't give a shit about the record but are way too talented to win anything less than 65 unless Curry or Durant suffers a major injury.

DAF86
08-11-2016, 06:31 PM
So you're telling me they won't set the all-time record for wins in the regular season again? Mind blowing revelation, tbh.

spursistan
08-11-2016, 06:43 PM
i think Klay will suffer the biggest drop off in his production being the worst of 4 stars at ball-handling/creation..he is already looking impactless with Team USA...

mavsfan1000
08-11-2016, 10:00 PM
I think Bogut will be the biggest loss. There's only one ball out there. Too many players need there touches. Klay would be the one suffering the most from the lack of touches. We've already seen how less touches has effected him in the Olympics. Also fatigue from playing so late in June and Olympics as well for Durant, Green, and Thompson.

Fabbs
08-11-2016, 10:05 PM
They were already exposed as hugely over rated when OKC beat them, I mean when OKC had them on the brink before the Warriors best player Durant took over.

So the "drop off" will not be as much, only because the peak was never that high anyway.
:lol todays NBA
:lol Pop getting worked by Doc Rivers then Billy Donovan to nary even challenge the Warriors
:lol Warriors path to the Finals both years

Robz4000
08-11-2016, 10:31 PM
I imagine they'll be at around 68 wins or so. They won't give a shit about the record but are way too talented to win anything less than 65 unless Curry or Durant suffers a major injury.

68 is too high. Around 60 sounds right. Don't get me wrong, they'll cruise to a championship but the lack of depth will.impact their fatigue level in the RS especially with everyone out to prove something against them like last year.

baseline bum
08-11-2016, 11:29 PM
68 is too high. Around 60 sounds right. Don't get me wrong, they'll cruise to a championship but the lack of depth will.impact their fatigue level in the RS especially with everyone out to prove something against them like last year.

60 really seems low for a team with the best 1-2 combo since Shaq and Kobe, with two more allstars in Thompson and Green who are elite defensively, and with two bigtime bench players in Iguodala and Livington. And then a quality 5 in Pachulia. He's no Bogut, but it's not like they're starting Bonner. The team won 67 and 73 in the last two years and this team looks significantly better than either. They have to be the strongest title favorites coming into a season I have seen since the 97 Bulls.

InRareForm
08-11-2016, 11:32 PM
they will be 1st seed but I don't think we will see much importance of trying to beat the regular season record this time. I think their ultimate goal is stay healthy and win the ship. I hope they fail

Thread
08-11-2016, 11:33 PM
Before you all get carried away here,,,let us all remember that it was your old dad who called the ball on State first. Me. I don't mind you agreeing with me & following in, but, I went first.

Splits
08-11-2016, 11:42 PM
Before you all get carried away here,,,let us all remember that it was your old dad who called the ball on State first. Me. I don't mind you agreeing with me & following in, but, I went first.

Remind all of us non-followers of your prescience. Because I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Obstructed_View
08-12-2016, 05:34 AM
They will probably be right where they've been the last two years. The problem is that they aren't built for the physicality of the playoffs anymore.

Chillen
08-12-2016, 08:49 AM
65 wins probably, I mean what's the point in trying to beat your own regular season record? Kerr will rest them before the playoffs. With that talent I don't really see anyone stopping them this season, injurys or poor play will be what gets them beat. They are gonna have off games, but in the playoffs it's going to be a struggle to beat them. Spurs can push them to 6 or 7 and so can Cleveland, that's it, no one else can beat them.

Durant knew what he was doing when he joined this team, just wants the easy road to a chip. Spurs and Cavs only teams that can possibly beat them in a playoff series.

Thread
08-12-2016, 09:30 AM
Remind all of us non-followers of your prescience. Because I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Fine, but, I went first, Me.

Clipper Nation
08-12-2016, 09:42 AM
I was calling the ball on State back when Mark Jackass was their coach. Me.

Back then, everyone else was on the bandwagon. "Steph Curry is so dreamy." "The Warriors are such a lovable team." "Kobe is gay." "How can you hate Golden State?"

But I saw right through those flopping, cheap-shotting, overcelebrating faggots from the beginning. I was right all along.

CNstradamus

Thread
08-12-2016, 09:49 AM
I was calling the ball on State back when Mark Jackass was their coach. Me.

Back then, everyone else was on the bandwagon. "Steph Curry is so dreamy." "The Warriors are such a lovable team." "Kobe is gay." "How can you hate Golden State?"

But I saw right through those flopping, cheap-shotting, overcelebrating faggots from the beginning. I was right all along.

CNstradamus

We're not talking about that silly shit, and you know it.

Don't be obtuse, asshole.

ambchang
08-12-2016, 10:35 AM
Anything short than a historically dominating season (say 67+ wins with margin of 10+) and a great run in the playoffs (say max of 3 total losses) would be a disappointment for the Warriors. Durant, Thompson, and to a lesser degree Curry appears not to have that mental edge to handle that pressure.

Major questions the Warriors have to answer:
1) How Durant can get along with Green?
2) How Thompson can handle that lesser role, and whether he can be productive? He is best coming off the bench and leading the 2nd unit much like what Manu did for the Spurs, but I doubt his ego will allow that.
3) Who will handle the dirty work Bogut used to handle? Bogut's rebounding, screens, and interior defense will be missed. People put way too much credit to Green on the defensive end. Bogut actually had the highest DRTG and 2nd highest (behind curry) ORTG-DRTG difference on the Warriors last year. He also had the highest DWS/48 on the team, and DBPM.
4) Will Curry hold up well over the season? I think Kerr learned his lesson and will be minutes monitoring better this year.

Leetonidas
08-12-2016, 10:46 AM
Yeah I'm not convinced they're going to be unstoppable with their incredibly thin roster. iggy is getting old. bogut isnt there to screen for curry. their entire bench that had been extending leads is gone. And I don't think curry is going to have a season like 2016 again. too many people are envisioning last year's warriors with Durant when most of the team around them is gone.

if green misses any time their defense is going to be laughable as well imo

dfens
08-12-2016, 11:12 AM
lol at this overrating, typical for americans tbh, just looking at the names.

GSW have several issues:
The key issue is that they have lost a lot in physicality, having exchanged high motor physical players (bogut, barnes, ezeli, speights ) for old trash (zaza, west, varejao). this will have indirect repercussions as it follows:
1. besides raymond they have ZERO rim protection. raymond will be exposed to foul trouble as he'll have to defend the rim and fight for rebounds. Even with the refs helping him out (a lot) he will still be exposed.
2. the soft players that were hidden from physicality will have to contribute (cucky, dubeta, thompson) which will obviously affect their shooting. This might not be obvious in the regular season where defense and physical play are rare but it will be a big issue in the playoffs. They might also break down (durant's leg, cucky's ankles..).
3. they are going to get raw dogged on the glass against physical teams, if tristan thompson was getting 5 ORPG a game I don't even want to think what he'll do now. Again it might not be visible in the regular season but in the playoffs it is going to be an issue.
4. they still have no leadership, if they'll go through cold spells (tired from physicality they can't match), we'll see some meltdowns.

The cavaliers (who'll most probably be in the finals) can expose these issues as they have the required personnel (lebron, thompson, love will have monster series on the glass)

So imo the number of regular season wins won't show the real value of this team (they'll get a lot of wins and a lot of ref help, accept it). They'll beat a lot of teams with pretty offense and they'll suffer a tough defeat in the playoffs against a physical team (cavs/spurs if they don't go pussy/crippers might give them an unexpected run). It's like I see a physically impaired jump shooting '11 heat, big names but also big holes, but the names are less talented and the holes are bigger (the heat were athletic as fuck tbh and they compensated their lack of real bigs through that athleticism) and the leadership is non-existant. I already put some money on them not winning the ring.

I am just curious if managers will go all in with bully ball against them or if it'll take some time for them to figure it out. Mark my words, if teams go at them physically from game 1, they'll have injuries problems.

TDMVPDPOY
08-12-2016, 11:17 AM
the question is are they going to get away with the shit they were doing last season? like moving/illegal screens and shit, or kicking players in the groin or anything thats worthy of a suspension

weebo
08-12-2016, 11:19 AM
They'll be around 65-70 wins this year again. Look around the NBA. It's mostly garbage teams like the LOlakers or young inexperienced teams like the Suns. Sadly, there's less than a handful of teams that can compete with them this year, much less beat them.

TDMVPDPOY
08-12-2016, 11:30 AM
theres only 4 top teams ... gsw, spurs, cavs and a healthy clippers...

other then that, everyone else is making up the numbers...so there should be at least 3 out 4 those teams achieve more then 60wins each

Thread
08-12-2016, 12:03 PM
the question is are they going to get away with the shit they were doing last season? like moving/illegal screens and shit, or kicking players in the groin or anything thats worthy of a suspension

Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

JoeTait75
08-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Going to be tough for them to win 65-70 because they're going to have to adjust to having Durant in the lineup. I see them starting a little slow the way the Heat started slow in LeBron's first year down there.

Thread
08-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Going to be tough for them to win 65-70 because they're going to have to adjust to having Durant in the lineup. I see them starting a little slow the way the Heat started slow in LeBron's first year down there.

Look at Joe:::calm, cool, collected. Looks even smarter as Champion.

Like a thousand bucks, Joe.

JoeTait75
08-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Look at Joe:::calm, cool, collected. Looks even smarter as Champion.

Like a thousand bucks, Joe.

Feels good being 1 & 46, Cully.

spursreport
08-14-2016, 10:26 PM
No matter how many wins they rack up or how many records they break, they still won't win a championship as currently built. Steph is a pg and pg led teams don't ring so him as the alpha ain't working. Durant is literally the Peyton Manning of the NBA. He puts up sick numbers but chokes when the pressure is on in the playoffs, and needs somebody else to carry the team. Unless fluky injuries happen where someone like Draymond or Iggy leads them to a title, the Warriors are pretty much fucked. Their one star plays at a position that doesn't work as option #1 anymore and their other is a proven failure/choker. A video game lineup still doesn't mask intangibles.

DMC
08-14-2016, 10:46 PM
No matter how many wins they rack up or how many records they break, they still won't win a championship as currently built. Steph is a pg and pg led teams don't ring so him as the alpha ain't working. Durant is literally the Peyton Manning of the NBA. He puts up sick numbers but chokes when the pressure is on in the playoffs, and needs somebody else to carry the team. Unless fluky injuries happen where someone like Draymond or Iggy leads them to a title, the Warriors are pretty much fucked. Their one star plays at a position that doesn't work as option #1 anymore and their other is a proven failure/choker. A video game lineup still doesn't mask intangibles.
Shut your fucking queer hole.