PDA

View Full Version : WTF Schlitterbahn: kid dies in ride by decapitation

Blake
08-12-2016, 01:18 AM
"Police have revealed that 10-year-old*Caleb Schwab*– who was involved in a fatal accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City on Sunday –*died*of a "neck injury," PEOPLE confirms.*

Caleb was found dead at the bottom of the slide in the pool and police confirm to PEOPLE that he had been decapitated.*

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,21023328,00.html

Blake
08-12-2016, 01:19 AM
"We had many issues on the engineering side," Jeff Henry, Verruckt creator and Schlitterbahn co-owner told*USA Today. "A lot of our math was based on roller coasters at first, and that didn't translate to a water slide like this. No one had ever done anything like this before."*

However, Henry clarified that now that the ride is open, it still hazardous, but in the safest way.*

"It's dangerous, but it's a safe dangerous now," he added. "Schlitterbahn is a family water park, but this isn't a family ride. It's for thrill seekers of the world, people into extreme adventure."

Oh it's a safe dangerous

DJR210
08-12-2016, 03:04 AM
"this isn't a family ride"

"raft sits 3 people"

baseline bum
08-12-2016, 07:39 AM
I thought that was an Onion article by the quotes. What a piece of shit ride.

DMX7
08-12-2016, 08:49 AM
"We had many issues on the engineering side," Jeff Henry, Verruckt creator and Schlitterbahn co-owner told*USA Today. "A lot of our math was based on roller coasters at first, and that didn't translate to a water slide like this. No one had ever done anything like this before."*

However, Henry clarified that now that the ride is open, it still hazardous, but in the safest way.*

"It's dangerous, but it's a safe dangerous now," he added. "Schlitterbahn is a family water park, but this isn't a family ride. It's for thrill seekers of the world, people into extreme adventure."

Oh it's a safe dangerous

lol, what a ridiculous statement. He makes it seem like the only issue here is that the ride was just too "extreme" for the little bugger... even though they let the kid on the ride.

DeadlyDynasty
08-12-2016, 09:52 AM
lol

RD2191
08-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Will only make the slide more popular.

TDMVPDPOY
08-12-2016, 11:13 AM
whats the compensation? easy money

Blake
08-12-2016, 11:17 AM
whats the compensation? easy money

It cost them more than an arm and a leg. I wouldn't call it easy money.

Joseph Kony
08-12-2016, 11:23 AM
It cost them more than an arm and a leg. I wouldn't call it easy money.

had to throw a head in tbh

.G.
08-12-2016, 11:31 AM
"His capa was detated." - Michael Scott

Aztecfan03
08-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Another witness Esteban Castaneda told ABC News (http://abc7.com/news/gruesome-details-revealed-in-boys-water-slide-death/1462000/) that he and his 14-year-old cousin had ridden the slide earlier that day and the teen told him that towards the end of the ride, the Velcro on her belt had come undone.

WHo the hell thought velcro was a good idea for seat belts?

DJR210
08-12-2016, 12:05 PM
I thought that was an Onion article by the quotes. What a piece of shit ride.

They've known this ride was a piece of shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5bvB1Gt8Mc

Chinook
08-12-2016, 12:13 PM
WHo the hell thought velcro was a good idea for seat belts?

Someone lost their head for a minute.

Spur|n|Austin
08-12-2016, 01:16 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-28931-our-pets-heads-are-falling-off-GQlo.gif

unleashbaynes
08-13-2016, 08:13 AM
Anyone remember those old slides at the New Braunfels park? The ones where you had to lug a heavy yellow raft to the top of the tower and it just dropped you straight down? I'm surprised nobody ever died on those.

I think it was called the Schlittercoaster....

DJR210
08-13-2016, 12:46 PM
Anyone remember those old slides at the New Braunfels park? The ones where you had to lug a heavy yellow raft to the top of the tower and it just dropped you straight down? I'm surprised nobody ever died on those.

I think it was called the Schlittercoaster....

Yeah, I remember lugging that shit up the stairs when I was like 12.. When the rollers first tilted and let you roll off onto the slide seemed like a potential problem, but I never heard anyone fuck up and off themselves cause of it.. But then again the ride has been completely scrapped for something else :lol

On one of the tube river rides, there's a fork in the slide where you have to choose to keep going on the ride, or you can exit and get dumped off in the river.. I always wondered if anyone got screwed over and dumped off into some rapids :lol

Blake
08-13-2016, 01:09 PM
Yeah that schlittercoaster was at the top of that building near the main entrance.

And yeah it sucked lugging that yellow board thing up a flight off stairs

Blake
08-13-2016, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I remember lugging that shit up the stairs when I was like 12.. When the rollers first tilted and let you roll off onto the slide seemed like a potential problem, but I never heard anyone fuck up and off themselves cause of it.. But then again the ride has been completely scrapped for something else :lol

On one of the tube river rides, there's a fork in the slide where you have to choose to keep going on the ride, or you can exit and get dumped off in the river.. I always wondered if anyone got screwed over and dumped off into some rapids :lol

And yeah, that fork into the river sucked too with that mile hike back to the park :lol

Chris
08-14-2016, 12:41 AM
the shittercoaster :lol

Fabbs
08-14-2016, 01:01 AM
10-year-old Caleb Schwab is in heaven drinking chocolate milk, says friend
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/water-slide-death-caleb-schwab-will-be-in-heaven-drinking-chocolate-milk-says-friend-a7182856.html

roninenix
08-15-2016, 02:53 AM
City officials asked the park to add a safety net over the slide. Kid flew off the raft at 65mph~ ish.Gis head flew off after his neck hit the safety railing holding the net in place.