PDA

View Full Version : Europe: [Futbol] Looking at the Olympics...

Caltex2
08-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Why isn't handball the world sport? It's cheap to play, it's more exciting than soccer and way more high scoring. It's like what would happen if soccer and basketball had a love child.

lefty
08-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Handball is actually cool tbh

Look France NT highlights with Jackson Richardson

apalisoc_9
08-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Handball > baseball and Handegg.

Canyonero
08-12-2016, 04:25 PM
And you kinda need to be fat to play handball so I understand why it is appealing to baseball fans.

spursistan
08-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Handball is actually cool tbh

Look France NT highlights with Jackson Richardson

very underrated sport, tbh..shame it's remained mostly a European one (basically every East European/Scandinavian team is either a contender or decent team :lol)..they need to get rid of "charge" rule, but even then it is still less pussified than soccer or Basketball..

Canyonero
08-12-2016, 08:27 PM
very underrated sport, tbh..shame it's remained mostly a European one (basically every East European/Scandinavian team is either a contender or decent team :lol)..they need to get rid of "charge" rule, but even then it is still less pussified than soccer or Basketball..

And you also have countries like Qatar who "hire" their entire roster :lol

Caltex2
08-12-2016, 11:57 PM
And you kinda need to be fat to play handball so I understand why it is appealing to baseball fans.

I'm not really a baseball fan (I am but not a diehard), so try again.

td4mvp2k
08-13-2016, 12:24 AM
Why isn't handball the world sport? It's cheap to play, it's more exciting than soccer and way more high scoring. It's like what would happen if soccer and basketball had a love child.most sports at the olympics are better than poorball tbh

Caltex2
08-13-2016, 12:31 AM
IDK, I'm watching diving. Is that even a sport or is it just a competition? There are some sports that are worse than soccer and some I like watching during the Olympics but never at any other time (sprinting, swimming, etc...).

This is where I'll at least give it to soccer because even if the game is gonna end in a tie, often scoreless or 1-1, there's at least the anticipation to keep you on the edge of your seat and paying attention.

Molotov
08-13-2016, 01:10 AM
And you also have countries like Qatar who "hire" their entire roster :lol

:lol

Caltex2
08-13-2016, 01:46 AM
Yeah, it's so weird. It's one thing for some countries to have minorities as part of their rosters but then you have Arabic countries who have rosters filled with Westerners and non-Arabic black people. :lol

Caltex2
08-13-2016, 07:28 PM
Bump

hater
08-14-2016, 08:13 AM
Volleyball is the most exciting sport tbqh.

Mens as and women's. They need to have pro leagues on that shit

08-14-2016, 09:54 AM

:lol Not sure if srs son...

"By contrast, Europe has pro-leagues in Greece, Spain, Germany and Russia. While in Italy, volleyball is not only professional but rich and extensively covered on TV and in print. The same goes for Japan and China. In Brazil, volleyball is second only to soccer in popularity and income."

Thread
08-14-2016, 09:54 AM

It's monotonous at that level.

Canyonero
08-14-2016, 11:46 AM
Women volleyball is only watchable because of the asses.

Thread
08-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Women volleyball is only watchable because of the asses.

Amen. Then the monotony is well worth it.

DAF86
08-14-2016, 02:17 PM
When will staters understand that the "low scoring" is actually one of the things that makes soccer the most popular sport around the globe.

Folks love the hard work that it takes to score in soccer. They love that the importance of a score isn't diluted. They love going nuts every time their team scores instead of being used to it.

Scoring in soccer is like a good orgasm. You increasingly work for it with anticipation, and when the moment finally comes you see yourself taken away by an explosion of pleasure.

If scoring in soccer was regularly higher it would feel like jacking off every 5 minutes. At some point you would feel numb.

Caltex2
08-14-2016, 09:31 PM
In other words, you grew up liking the game and need reasons to justify to others why you like it. It'd be one thing if there was constant defense, with shot after shot after shot being defended every minute or two. In soccer, it's not completely uncommon to go a quarter of the game without seeing a shot on goal. The whole point of goal sports is to try and score at or in the goal and it can be very rare in futbol.

There are other sports that the rich and poor alike can play with more scoring and excitement but because soccer became popular first and people grew up playing and watching the game, it gets priority. I'm not mad at it if that's what people like. I am, however, glad basketball also is popular globally.

Narutoluva
08-14-2016, 11:09 PM
When will staters understand that the "low scoring" is actually one of the things that makes soccer the most popular sport around the globe.

Folks love the hard work that it takes to score in soccer. They love that the importance of a score isn't diluted. They love going nuts every time their team scores instead of being used to it.

Scoring in soccer is like a good orgasm. You increasingly work for it with anticipation, and when the moment finally comes you see yourself taken away by an explosion of pleasure.

If scoring in soccer was regularly higher it would feel like jacking off every 5 minutes. At some point you would feel numb.

Shut up faggot.

TheGreatYacht
08-15-2016, 01:33 PM
Handball > baseball and Handegg.
Fax

DAF86
08-15-2016, 02:39 PM
In other words, you grew up liking the game and need reasons to justify to others why you like it. It'd be one thing if there was constant defense, with shot after shot after shot being defended every minute or two. In soccer, it's not completely uncommon to go a quarter of the game without seeing a shot on goal. The whole point of goal sports is to try and score at or in the goal and it can be very rare in futbol.

There are other sports that the rich and poor alike can play with more scoring and excitement but because soccer became popular first and people grew up playing and watching the game, it gets priority. I'm not mad at it if that's what people like. I am, however, glad basketball also is popular globally.

No son, I'm explaining you why we like it, since it seems like you have a pretty hard time understanding why so many folks can enjoy a "low scroing" game so much. :lol

We don't need to justify shit, most folks in the World understand the awesomeness of soccer, tbh.

Caltex2
08-15-2016, 10:32 PM
Most people understand what they grow up with and additionally what they can realistically afford to play. You didn't even address my point. I say again, it's not as if soccer has this back and forth display of defense. If it was 0-0 but each team got 25 shots a game off, that's excitement. Again, there have been soccer matches where there wasn't a single shot for a quarter, if not third of the game. Not goals but shots. That sucks badly and is boring.

You don't have justify what you like, there's nothing I can do about it. That said, from where I'm standing soccer sucks. Handball is way more exciting and it's just as cheap and easy to play.

Kawhitstorm
08-15-2016, 11:35 PM
Most people understand what they grow up with and additionally what they can realistically afford to play. You didn't even address my point. I say again, it's not as if soccer has this back and forth display of defense. If it was 0-0 but each team got 25 shots a game off, that's excitement. Again, there have been soccer matches where there wasn't a single shot for a quarter, if not third of the game. Not goals but shots. That sucks badly and is boring.

If you want a high scoring futbol match then I suggest you follow Futsal:

uFavs-oKEKg

j1XZ3FA8EYY

DAF86
08-16-2016, 12:59 PM

You don't have justify what you like, there's nothing I can do about it. That said, from where I'm standing soccer sucks. Handball is way more exciting and it's just as cheap and easy to play.

Well, then you should be able to infer that the "cheapness" thing isn't the reason why so many folks around the World love the sport. That's just some misconception staters have of the sport 'cause they feel left out. "They like that sport 'cause they don't have the money we have to like our sports" :lol

DAF86
08-16-2016, 01:01 PM
If you want a high scoring futbol match then I suggest you follow Futsal:

uFavs-oKEKg

j1XZ3FA8EYY

Yet nobody gives a fuck about futsal. Just more proof of what I'm saying, tbh. :lol

Kawhitstorm
08-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Yet nobody gives a fuck about futsal. Just more proof of what I'm saying, tbh. :lol

But...but...but, they score too many goals.:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

Caltex2
08-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Well, then you should be able to infer that the "cheapness" thing isn't the reason why so many folks around the World love the sport. That's just some misconception staters have of the sport 'cause they feel left out. "They like that sport 'cause they don't have the money we have to like our sports" :lol

Yes that is it, as well the fact people grew up with it. If most people grew up with handball they'd be talking about how great it is and call it "The Beautiful Game." I grew up with basketball, baseball and football, so I talk a lot about them and follow them. Hockey to a lesser extent.

DAF86
08-16-2016, 10:48 PM
Yes that is it, as well the fact people grew up with it. If most people grew up with handball they'd be talking about how great it is and call it "The Beautiful Game." I grew up with basketball, baseball and football, so I talk a lot about them and follow them. Hockey to a lesser extent.

And people around the globe grow up with it why? By chance? :lol

Or is it because since day one soccer was more liked than other sports?

Caltex2
08-16-2016, 11:15 PM

Pretty much. You think if basketball was a major sport in 1900 that it may be called America's pastime instead of baseball? I grew up in the Houston area. You think I'd give a funk about any Houston sports teams if I grew up in Phoenix? What you grow up with and what you have access to helps determine what your interest are, as a child and generally for life. It starts early and usually is a gradually continuing interest.

If you guys love soccer be my guest, though it does make me wonder how on some levels.

midnightpulp
08-16-2016, 11:17 PM

You can't deny the accessibility of it played a huge role in its spread.

Goat's head, 4 trashcans from the Favela dump to mark off goals, some Brazilians, and you got yourself a game. No hoops, bats, gloves, helmets, sticks, pins, etc, etc. No convoluted rules, either. He's a ball. Kick it toward the goal.

Objectively, I think it's an averagely designed game, but you can't beat the cost efficiency factor. You can play it with some wadded up newspaper in a run down parking lot or dirt field.

Caltex2
08-16-2016, 11:39 PM
And you can do the same for handball. You think if impoverished Brazilians in favelas saw Pele playing for the national team in a World Cup (assuming it's as big as soccer's WC) that they wouldn't want to grow up and be like him?

Not to sound like I'm pushing handball, IDC what other people like. But I do enjoy it more.

usdane
08-17-2016, 01:30 AM
Growing up in Denmark where the game was invented; Soccer was the summer sport and handball the winter sport. handball is an awesome game with lots of physical action. If promoted right it could have a place in America. It's similar to basketball in the entertainment value just a lot more physical; so no reason why it could not work here.

Brazil
08-17-2016, 09:46 AM
^Handball is indeed severly underrated like volley ball... those are awesome sports tbh... lots of actions, lots of suspense, tight games, physical, fun

I'm a fan...

FkLA
08-17-2016, 10:59 AM

Goat's head, 4 trashcans from the Favela dump to mark off goals, some Brazilians, and you got yourself a game. No hoops, bats, gloves, helmets, sticks, pins, etc, etc. No convoluted rules, either. He's a ball. Kick it toward the goal.

Objectively, I think it's an averagely designed game, but you can't beat the cost efficiency factor. You can play it with some wadded up newspaper in a run down parking lot or dirt field.

Wait, you think kids in countries like Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Cuba, etc where fatball is king grow up with all the proper equipment? I'm sure you could go into many of the slums in those countries and see kids using sticks as bats. You'd probably see them using something other than actual fatballs as well.

Fatball can be simple and inexpensive too just like your description of soccer. The only problem is very few people outside the countries I mentioned+the older generation in Murica gives a shit about the sport. Games are too long, seasons are too long, too boring, too static, not physically demanding at all.

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 11:10 AM
Wait, you think kids in countries like Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Cuba, etc where fatball is king grow up with all the proper equipment? I'm sure you could go into many of the slums in those countries and see kids using sticks as bats. You'd probably see them using something other than actual fatballs as well.

Fatball can be simple and inexpensive too just like your description of soccer. The only problem is very few people outside the countries I mentioned+the older generation in Murica gives a shit about the sport. Games are too long, seasons are too long, too boring, too static, not physically demanding at all.

Yes. Because those countries have baseball academy programs.

You can't just learn baseball instinctually like you can floptrot. It has to be correctly taught.

And baseball is probably the 4th most popular sport in the world (total population of the countries its popular in is about 600-700 million).

Not physically demanding. Okay :lol

Running around isn't physically demanding. Stamina is the easiest shit to train up. I don't know why you floptrot fans fetishize it so much. Right now, there's a 80 year old running 10K. There's no 80 year olds training to hit hit 100mph fastballs.

FkLA
08-17-2016, 11:24 AM
Yes. Because those countries have baseball academy programs.

You can't just learn baseball instinctually like you can floptrot. It has to be correctly taught.

And baseball is probably the 4th most popular sport in the world (total population of the countries its popular in is about 600-700 million).

Not physically demanding. Okay :lol

Running around isn't physically demanding. Stamina is the easiest shit to train up. I don't know why you floptrot fans fetishize it so much. Right now, there's a 80 year old running 10K. There's no 80 year olds training to hit hit 100mph fastballs.

:lol You think soccer academies don't exist? I guarantee you for every fatball academy theres at least 100 soccer ones.

Funny you bring the age up. IIRC there's two obese 40 year olds in fatball who are above average at their positions. Both look like they could keep playing beyond this season if they wanted to. You don't see that in any other sport besides golf. A couple of at bats, field a couple of plays, maybe get on base once. Sit in the dugout or stand around the rest of the time. That's a typical day at the office for a fatball player. So yeah, not physically demanding at all.

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 11:32 AM
:lol You think soccer academies don't exist? I guarantee you for every fatball academy theres at least 100 soccer ones.

Funny you bring the age up. IIRC there's two obese 40 year olds in fatball who are above average at their positions. Both look like they could keep playing beyond this season if they wanted to. You don't see that in any other sport besides golf. A couple of at bats, field a couple of plays, maybe get on base once. Sit in the dugout or stand around the rest of the time. That's a typical day at the office for a fatball player. So yeah, not physically demanding at all.

Since when does fat=/=athletic?

Once you figure that out, let me know. And "not physically demanding in game" doesn't mean that training isn't physically demanding. A 100m sprinter runs a couple of times per meet for a total of 20 seconds. Golf is, literally, a more physically demanding sport because you're required to walk a 4 mile course. So 100m sprinters aren't athletes now? Even Bolt admits he's never ran a mile.

"No, no. They are. They're 'shredded!'"

That's what this boils down, too. Physique. Which I find funny since you're a fan of the fattest sport in the world.

Golf is one of the hardest sports on Earth. So I don't get the point you're trying to make with that comparison? Constant running and jumping doesn't make a sport hard. In fact, those sports are a lot easier.

DAF86
08-17-2016, 11:59 AM

This guy Caltex2 has named a few sports which are just as "accesible" as soccer, yet nobody gives a fuck about them. It is not a matter of "accesibility" son.

Besides, the whole "accesibility" thing is a bullshit argument. As a kid I used to play baseball with a stick and a tennis ball (same with golf), rugby with a plastic bottle filled with sand, etc.

That is, just as accesible and, exactly the same as playing soccer with a ball made of socks and goals made of rocks, tbh.

FkLA
08-17-2016, 12:02 PM
Since when does fat=/=athletic?

Once you figure that out, let me know. And "not physically demanding in game" doesn't mean that training isn't physically demanding. A 100m sprinter runs a couple of times per meet for a total of 20 seconds. Golf is, literally, a more physically demanding sport because you're required to walk a 4 mile course. So 100m sprinters aren't athletes now? Even Bolt admits he's never ran a mile.

"No, no. They are. They're 'shredded!'"

That's what this boils down, too. Physique. Which I find funny since you're a fan of the fattest sport in the world.

Golf is one of the hardest sports on Earth. So I don't get the point you're trying to make with that comparison? Constant running and jumping doesn't make a sport hard. In fact, those sports are a lot easier.

It's not really that I think fat guys can't be athletic. Some of the football lineman you like to make fun of, on top of the ridiculous strength they possess, are able to move and do things men their size shouldn't be able to. Their size serves a purpose as well, usually lineman bulk but theirs plenty of muscle and strength in their frames. Fatties like Colon just gain the weight because they're fatfucks who play a fatfuck sport where you can get away with being a fatfuck. You're that out of shape in any other sport and you're going to get punished for it, in fatball it's irrelevant.

The sprinter comparison is dumb. Their event happens to be short, but they go all out for the duration of it. A fatball game isn't short at all, in fact it's too long, and 98% of the time a fatball player is sitting down or standing around. You look like Colon/Fat Papi/or even Miguel Cabrera and you're getting punished for it as a sprinter.

Golf is another fake sport so I'm glad you take pride in the comparison. Any 'sport' that's as static and where fatties roam around like those two shouldn't be considered a sport. Yeah, it's hard to hit a baseball or a golf ball but so what? It's also hard to hit some of the shots professional pool players can hit.

FkLA
08-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Golf and fatball should be branded as games not sports imo. Lumped with other games like billiards, bowling, darts, etc.

I'd probably have less of a problem with fatball if that was the case tbh.

DAF86
08-17-2016, 12:16 PM
Pretty much. You think if basketball was a major sport in 1900 that it may be called America's pastime instead of baseball? I grew up in the Houston area. You think I'd give a funk about any Houston sports teams if I grew up in Phoenix? What you grow up with and what you have access to helps determine what your interest are, as a child and generally for life. It starts early and usually is a gradually continuing interest.

If you guys love soccer be my guest, though it does make me wonder how on some levels.

OK then, so soccer is the most popular sport in the World just by chance. :lol Why soccer then? You know Soccer isn't the oldest sport in the World son, right? What would make Soccer, and not boxing for ex, the most popular sport in the World?

You bring up baseball, baseball is older than the NFL. If the popularity of a sport is related to the longevity of it, why isn't baseball more popular than the NFL in the States?

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 12:31 PM
It's not really that I think fat guys can't be athletic. Some of the football lineman you like to make fun of, on top of the ridiculous strength they possess, are able to move and do things men their size shouldn't be able to. Their size serves a purpose as well, usually lineman bulk but theirs plenty of muscle and strength in their frames. Fatties like Colon just gain the weight because they're fatfucks who play a fatfuck sport where you can get away with being a fatfuck. You're that out of shape in any other sport and you're going to get punished for it, in fatball it's irrelevant.

The sprinter comparison is dumb. Their event happens to be short, but they go all out for the duration of it. A fatball game isn't short at all, in fact it's too long, and 98% of the time a fatball player is sitting down or standing around. You look like Colon/Fat Papi/or even Miguel Cabrera and you're getting punished for it as a sprinter.

Golf is another fake sport so I'm glad you take pride in the comparison. Any 'sport' that's as static and where fatties roam around like those two shouldn't be considered a sport. Yeah, it's hard to hit a baseball or a golf ball but so what? It's also hard to hit some of the shots professional pool players can hit.

You're so fuckin' biased, it's funny.

"Well, in my sport, it's different, because, uh, I like that certain sport."

Fat is fat, and lineman are fuckin' fat. And most offensive lineman aren't at all athletic outside of strength.

Again, showing your ignorance of baseball. Weight can help a pitcher increase velocity. And another retarded as fuck thing you and the Mexicanball crew do is cite Colon and CC as examples of the average baseball player. How many more fuckin' times will it take to get through your skull they aren't average baseball players? Average bodyfat percentage is 13.8 league wide.

Nope. Baseball is a true sport. Let's see how your basketball and Mexicanball "athleticism" helps you generate bat speed to hit a ball even 300 feet and helps you throw 80mph (which you can't do)?

Playing elite level billiards is also harder to do than play "athletic" sports. Athletic sports are the easiest shit, which you would know if you played at an organized level and not just in pick up games with some local Mexicans.

FkLA
08-17-2016, 12:34 PM
You're so fuckin' biased, it's funny.

"Well, in my sport, it's different, because, uh, I like that certain sport."

Fat is fat, and lineman are fuckin' fat. And most offensive lineman aren't at all athletic outside of strength.

Again, showing your ignorance of baseball. Weight can help a pitcher increase velocity. And another retarded as fuck thing you and the Mexicanball crew do is cite Colon and CC as examples of the average baseball player. How many more fuckin' times will it take to get through your skull they aren't average baseball players? Average bodyfat percentage is 13.8 league wide.

Nope. Baseball is a true sport. Let's see how your basketball and Mexicanball "athleticism" helps you generate bat speed to hit a ball even 300 feet and helps you throw 80mph (which you can't do)?

Playing elite level billiards is also harder to do than play "athletic" sports. Athletic sports are the easiest shit, which you would know if you played at an organized level and not just in pick up games with some local Mexicans.

Are you mad, bro? I sense a little racism in your post. :lol

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 12:36 PM
I also find it funny that FKLA props up sprinters forgetting the fact that 90% of an MLB lineup needs to train up their sprint speeds over 90 feet and over 360 feet while turning to their max. Even Clayton Kershaw was reaching near 20mph on the basepaths, not much slower than 30" vertical/dunking on 8 foot rims Mexicanball player Ronaldo. :lol

DAF86
08-17-2016, 12:38 PM
I have never seen an internet poster with a bigger penis envy than midnightpulp. :lol

":cry How can my little 6 year old brother have a bigger cock than me? :cry"

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 12:39 PM
Are you mad, bro? I sense a little racism in your post. :lol

Dumbass arguments do get me mad, yeah.

But there's no racism. Mexicans like floptrot, thus "Mexicanball."

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 12:40 PM
I have never seen an internet poster with a bigger penis envy than midnightpulp. :lol

Penis envy of what?

And was this reply meant for the other thread?

FkLA
08-17-2016, 12:48 PM
Anyways, let's see aside from Colon and Sabathia I'm going to name fat players off the top of my head:

Babe Ruth
Roger Clemens
Prince Fielder
Tony Gwynn
David Wells
Miguel Cabrera
Aramis Ramirez
John Kruk
Fernando Valenzuela
Fat Papi
Lance Berkman
Curt Schilling
Jim Thome
Livan Hernandez
Molina catchers
Carlos Zambrano

That's just within a minute or two and just some of the higher profile players a casual fan such as myself has heard of. I'm sure there's plenty more fatties that are average or below average that I've never heard of.

08-17-2016, 12:50 PM
Golf and fatball should be branded as games not sports imo. Lumped with other games like billiards, bowling, darts, etc.

I'd probably have less of a problem with fatball if that was the case tbh.
Sounds good to me tbh :tu

08-17-2016, 12:51 PM
I have never seen an internet poster with a bigger penis envy than midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430). :lol

:lmao:lmao:lmao

FkLA
08-17-2016, 12:56 PM
I also find it funny that FKLA props up sprinters forgetting the fact that 90% of an MLB lineup needs to train up their sprint speeds over 90 feet and over 360 feet while turning to their max. Even Clayton Kershaw was reaching near 20mph on the basepaths, not much slower than 30" vertical/dunking on 8 foot rims Mexicanball player Ronaldo. :lol

Are you seriously comparing the type of training actual sprinters do to the 'training' fatball players do to run the bases? You wouldn't have any Colons, Cabreras, or Fat Papis if the training regiments were even remotely similar. :lol

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 01:00 PM
Anyways, let's see aside from Colon and Sabathia I'm going to name fat players off the top of my head:

Babe Ruth
Roger Clemens
Prince Fielder
Tony Gwynn
David Wells
Miguel Cabrera
Aramis Ramirez
John Kruk
Fernando Valenzuela
Fat Papi
Lance Berkman
Curt Schilling
Jim Thome
Livan Hernandez
Molina catchers
Carlos Zambrano

That's just within a minute or two and just some of the higher profile players a casual fan such as myself has heard of. I'm sure there's plenty more fatties that are average or below average that I've never heard of.

So baseball has the about the same number of fatties in its history as an NFL roster? Hell, an NFL line probably weighs more than those listed players combined.

"But, but it's different for the NFL! They're strong and stuff!"

Get off of it. I played nose guard, an undersized one at that, and there's nothing particularly taxing about the "trenches" outside of worrying about a player coming down on your leg wrong. Pitching and hitting is 100x harder than playing the line in football.

Yet you unironically love the NFL when it's the fattest sport in the world :lol

Clipper Nation
08-17-2016, 01:08 PM

But then povertyball fans whine about actual sports (not third-world lawn games) that are low-scoring, such as baseball and hockey.

Face it, povertyball fans just love their 0-0 ties. It feeds into their liberal "nobody wins, everyone gets a trophy" mentality. It's the same mindset that drives them to celebrate not getting demoted to the minor leagues as if they won a championship.

Povertyball is the celebration of mediocrity.

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 01:13 PM
Are you seriously comparing the type of training actual sprinters do to the 'training' fatball players do to run the bases? You wouldn't have any Colons, Cabreras, or Fat Papis if the training regiments were even remotely similar. :lol

So you're whole counterargument is to reference the same handful of specialist players over and over and over and over?

Fine. Tim Duncan, unathletic as shit over the past few years, proves basketball is a "game" because a 40 year player like him with two bad knees who can't jump 5" in the air nor run for shit was a top rated player in the league last season. At least we have footage of Colon and Ortiz running up to 16 mph.

And then you have lops like Aron Baynes, that 7'5" Indian, Robert Sacre, Al Jefferson, your fatass boy Diaw, Zach Randolph, and such in the league. What other sport could they realistically play? Nothing.

"But it's different!"

It isn't.

You can call baseball boring and static, which is fine. You like your "sports" cut from the cookie-cutter goal sport mold (guys on a court or field running around trying to throw or kick a ball into a goal), but your aesthetic preferences for motion and "lean" players don't discredit something as a sport.

And Ortiz isn't really all that fat.

https://redsoxphotos.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/20160711_bw_asg_hrderby_09.jpg

http://lutchknows.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/terrence-cody.jpg

"But it's different!"

Sure :lol

DAF86
08-17-2016, 01:19 PM
But then povertyball fans whine about actual sports (not third-world lawn games) that are low-scoring, such as baseball and hockey.

Face it, povertyball fans just love their 0-0 ties. It feeds into their liberal "nobody wins, everyone gets a trophy" mentality. It's the same mindset that drives them to celebrate not getting demoted to the minor leagues as if they won a championship.

Povertyball is the celebration of mediocrity.

We don't bitch about those sports 'cause they are low-scoring, tbh. In fact, I would argue that low-scoring baseball games are less crappy than high scoring games. At least they don't take 5 fucking hours to be completed.

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 01:21 PM
What's up with the third world thing? To my knwoeldge 9 of the richest countries in the world love soccer. :lol

Clipper Nation
08-17-2016, 01:28 PM
We don't bitch about those sports 'cause they are low-scoring, tbh. In fact, I would argue that low-scoring baseball games are less crappy than high scoring games. At least they don't take 5 fucking hours to be completed.
No "sport" drags more than floptrot. Even if the games were only one second long, they would be too long and too boring.

FkLA
08-17-2016, 03:08 PM
So you're whole counterargument is to reference the same handful of specialist players over and over and over and over?

Fine. Tim Duncan, unathletic as shit over the past few years, proves basketball is a "game" because a 40 year player like him with two bad knees who can't jump 5" in the air nor run for shit was a top rated player in the league last season. At least we have footage of Colon and Ortiz running up to 16 mph.

Specialists? I didn't know a starting pitcher and first baseman were specialists. Even Fat Papi played first base earlier in his career.

Nice try. Duncan dropped weight and was in phenomenal shape his last few years. He had one bad knee until this year when his other one gave out.

And then you have lops like Aron Baynes, that 7'5" Indian, Robert Sacre, Al Jefferson, your fatass boy Diaw, Zach Randolph, and such in the league. What other sport could they realistically play? Nothing.

:lol What does that have to do with anything? If any of those guys couldn't play any other sport, it would be simply because they weren't good enough not because they were too fucking obese to function in a sport that isn't static 98% of the time. That's the difference between someone like Boris and Colon.

"But it's different!"

It isn't.

You can call baseball boring and static, which is fine. You like your "sports" cut from the cookie-cutter goal sport mold (guys on a court or field running around trying to throw or kick a ball into a goal), but your aesthetic preferences for motion and "lean" players don't discredit something as a sport.

And Ortiz isn't really all that fat.

"But it's different!"

Sure :lol

You go find the slimmest pic you can find of Fat Papi and one of the fattest, random lineman yet I'm the biased one?

http://media.gq.com/photos/5583162109f0bee564411322/master/pass/sports-2010-05-fat-baseball-players-david-ortiz.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe-wpdbFrG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcooDMRRD8

And no it's not that I like my sports in the goal mold. I just prefer sports that require exceptional physical effort both on the field/court and off it. Beach volleyball, indoor volleyball, swimming, gymnastics, track, etc are all sports that although I don't follow often I can appreciate the effort that goes into them when watching. In fatball I just can't appreciate players chewing sunflower seeds in the dugout or spitting while standing around waiting to field a ball. Again, I'd probably have less of a problem with the fatness and static-ness of the sport if it simply branded itself as a game instead of a legit sport tbh.

FkLA
08-17-2016, 03:27 PM
So baseball has the about the same number of fatties in its history as an NFL roster? Hell, an NFL line probably weighs more than those listed players combined.

"But, but it's different for the NFL! They're strong and stuff!"

Get off of it. I played nose guard, an undersized one at that, and there's nothing particularly taxing about the "trenches" outside of worrying about a player coming down on your leg wrong. Pitching and hitting is 100x harder than playing the line in football.

Yet you unironically love the NFL when it's the fattest sport in the world :lol

You're comparing technical difficulty to physical exertion. Technically, hitting is more difficult. So is billiards. So is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Jk8KiBDWM

Not sure how it'd be as physically taxing as having to generate huge amounts of force to counteract another huge force coming at you though. Or having to be agile enough on top of it to deal with speed rushes. Maybe in middle school it wasn't taxing but I'd imagine at a higher level you'd get crushed playing the line.

FkLA
08-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Also just lol at 'atleast Colon has been clocked at 16 mph'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d5f8Igo_vw

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 03:34 PM

Holy shit...I wouldnt want my kids to watch baseball...terrible health role models.

08-17-2016, 03:54 PM

:lmao this video :lmao

Thread
08-17-2016, 04:50 PM
:lmao this video :lmao

& that video of Piersynski asking the ump for a new baseball..."One you can see."

Never grows old.

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 09:48 PM
Specialists? I didn't know a starting pitcher and first baseman were specialists. Even Fat Papi played first base earlier in his career.

Nice try. Duncan dropped weight and was in phenomenal shape his last few years. He had one bad knee until this year when his other one gave out.

:lol What does that have to do with anything? If any of those guys couldn't play any other sport, it would be simply because they weren't good enough not because they were too fucking obese to function in a sport that isn't static 98% of the time. That's the difference between someone like Boris and Colon.

You go find the slimmest pic you can find of Fat Papi and one of the fattest, random lineman yet I'm the biased one?

http://media.gq.com/photos/5583162109f0bee564411322/master/pass/sports-2010-05-fat-baseball-players-david-ortiz.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe-wpdbFrG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcooDMRRD8

And no it's not that I like my sports in the goal mold. I just prefer sports that require exceptional physical effort both on the field/court and off it. Beach volleyball, indoor volleyball, swimming, gymnastics, track, etc are all sports that although I don't follow often I can appreciate the effort that goes into them when watching. In fatball I just can't appreciate players chewing sunflower seeds in the dugout or spitting while standing around waiting to field a ball. Again, I'd probably have less of a problem with the fatness and static-ness of the sport if it simply branded itself as a game instead of a legit sport tbh.

Yeah, because throwing a ball 105 mph from the mound or outfield from 300 feet away to nail a runner at home plate, sprinting up to speeds of 23 mph to beat out throws or rob potential hits, jumping 35-40" in the air to rob homeruns, building your core strength to generate 2300-3500 watts of power in order to hit a ball 105-120mph doesn't take any kind of exceptional physical effort on and off the field. Sure, kid :lol

Yeah. A pitcher is a specialist considering he plays every other 5 days. A DH is a specialist position. And baseball, you know, has its power positions where strength is more important for a player to have, so it would make no sense for Ortiz to get shredded in a ways you can fetishize. Didn't help Fagnaldo (a poor athlete, even by baseball standards) run or jump really impressively.

Calling baseball a game when you can't even prove how "easy" it is to throw out runners from 110 feet with +80 mph velocity. You can't throw 80 because you're physically incapable of it from a purely athletic standpoint, like most people on the planet.

You love a sport where this skinny fat non-athlete was an MVP candidate at 38.

http://cloudfront.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Peyton-Manning.jpg

"It's different!"

I played in high school, going against centers 75lb heavier on average. I used my vertical (better than Ronaldo's max in my day, which shows how pathetic of an athlete he is), quickness, and technique (duck under swim moves, swim spin moves) to out play fat centers. Sure, at an elite level I would get crushed being that undersized, just like anything. Point is, the plays are over so quickly, you're not particularly physically or mentally drained. Much easier to do than pitching and batting from a purely physical standpoint.

You never played sports beyond pick up games at the Y. It's obvious.

And Duncan is a fuckin' lop by any standard. "He's not fat, so he's athletic." :lol No. Ortiz would skullfuck Duncan in a decathlon, yet you have little problem praising the latter.

You're just conditioned to only praise sports where there's constant motion. Wish I lived close to you, so I could film you failing massively, just on purely athletic level, at routine baseball actions like fielding, throwing, and hitting. It might be worth the plane ticket price one day. We'll see.

DAF86
08-17-2016, 10:01 PM
Yeah, because throwing a ball 105 mph from the mound or outfield from 300 feet away to nail a runner at home plate, sprinting up to speeds of 23 mph to beat out throws or rob potential hits, jumping 35-40" in the air to rob homeruns, building your core strength to generate 2300-3500 watts of power in order to hit a ball 105-120mph doesn't take any kind of exceptional physical effort on and off the field. Sure, kid :lol

Yeah. A pitcher is a specialist considering he plays every other 5 days. A DH is a specialist position. And baseball, you know, has its power positions where strength is more important for a player to have, so it would make no sense for Ortiz to get shredded in a ways you can fetishize. Didn't help Fagnaldo (a poor athlete, even by baseball standards) run or jump really impressively.

Calling baseball a game when you can't even prove how "easy" it is to throw out runners from 110 feet with +80 mph velocity. You can't throw 80 because you're physically incapable of it from a purely athletic standpoint, like most people on the planet.

You love a sport where this skinny fat non-athlete was an MVP candidate at 38.

http://cloudfront.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Peyton-Manning.jpg

"It's different!"

I played in high school, going against centers 75lb heavier on average. I used my vertical (better than Ronaldo's max in my day, which shows how pathetic of an athlete he is), quickness, and technique (duck under swim moves, swim spin moves) to out play fat centers. Sure, at an elite level I would get crushed being that undersized, just like anything. Point is, the plays are over so quickly, you're not particularly physically or mentally drained. Much easier to do than pitching and batting from a purely physical standpoint.

You never played sports beyond pick up games at the Y. It's obvious.

And Duncan is a fuckin' lop by any standard. "He's not fat, so he's athletic." :lol No. Ortiz would skullfuck Duncan in a decathlon, yet you have little problem praising the latter.

You're just conditioned to only praise sports where there's constant motion. Wish I lived close to you, so I could film you failing massively, just on purely athletic level, at routine baseball actions like fielding, throwing, and hitting. It might be worth the plane ticket price one day. We'll see.

I would love to have your breakdown of this imaginary decathlon. :lmao

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 10:16 PM
I would love to have your breakdown of this imaginary decathlon. :lmao

Ortiz has been clocked at 16.4 mph this season. Duncan probably hasn't ran that fast in 10 years. Ortiz wins the 100m and 400m. Ortiz destroys Duncan in the throwing events. Both can't jump for shit, so hurdles, high jump, and long jump are probably a wash. Maybe Duncan edges him, but not enough to make up the advantage Ortiz has in the throwing events. Duncan wins the 1500. Both ain't doing the pole vault, so 0 points there.

I mean, have you actually watched Duncan in the past 5 years (rhetorical question). Constantly gets his shot blocked inside because he can't jump 12" to dunk most of the time (yes, I know he has a few dunks. 4 over 61 games last season :lol). He runs the floor nicely for a big, but his run speed is still slow by average standards. I would bet his top speed is below 16mph.

"But it's different!"

Yeah, no. Your crew just dislikes baseball because it's not a cookie cutter goal sport with running and jumping every 10 seconds to keep you "entertained." Doesn't make the sport any less athletically demanding. That extra 1mph of sprint speed trained up for can be the difference between a win and a loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0lv_b-Ysgc

Fastest player in college baseball. 6.1 60 yard dash. For comparison, Carl Lewis won a world title in the 60 yard with a 6.13 time.

And this kid needs to train for throwing, fielding, and hitting, as well.

"Not athletically demanding."

You guys are so full of shit, it's amusing. :lol

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 10:45 PM
"It's different."

http://i.imgur.com/eNWHtbl.jpg

And foobaw fans like FkLA call baseball fatball :lol

Ball Buster
08-17-2016, 10:52 PM
I'm just going to go ahead and say midnight is Wrecking fools in this thread end of story. And watching the Olympics right now holy shit South American volleyball is freaking more entertaining then God damn soccer.

Jesus Christ

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 10:55 PM
I'm just going to go ahead and say midnight is Wrecking fools in this thread end of story. And watching the Olympics right now holy shit South American volleyball is freaking more entertaining then God damn soccer.

Jesus Christ

Oh yeah. Volleyball takes loads more athleticism to play, as well.

Caltex2
08-17-2016, 11:48 PM

That's my biggest complaint about baseball. There's way too many games, the season should be half as long. It should be a weekend and holiday sport only, Thursday-Monday at the most. The game lengths are long but that wouldn't be so bad if there were fewer of them. The games and rivalries would mean more as well if there were fewer of them. They could even do a promotion and relegation system if need be, 162 games is more than enough to determine who the best team was and like the old days hold a World Series. All those games and they still do 1-game playoffs (not the WC playoff game)? :lol

OK then, so soccer is the most popular sport in the World just by chance. :lol Why soccer then? You know Soccer isn't the oldest sport in the World son, right? What would make Soccer, and not boxing for ex, the most popular sport in the World?

You bring up baseball, baseball is older than the NFL. If the popularity of a sport is related to the longevity of it, why isn't baseball more popular than the NFL in the States?

True, boxing is just as accesible and cheaper than even soccer (just two people fighting will do).

I just go back to what I said about people growing up with it. That's why soccer is more popular than handball.

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 12:17 AM
You're comparing technical difficulty to physical exertion. Technically, hitting is more difficult. So is billiards. So is this:

Not sure how it'd be as physically taxing as having to generate huge amounts of force to counteract another huge force coming at you though. Or having to be agile enough on top of it to deal with speed rushes. Maybe in middle school it wasn't taxing but I'd imagine at a higher level you'd get crushed playing the line.

More on this point. Batting and throwing are physically demanding because of the athleticism required to be able to throw fast and hit balls with exit velocities that would challenge MLB defenses. I've already told you (points which you have completely ignored) that the shoulder joints in pitchers (and presumably fielders when they're throwing at max) move faster than joints of the other athletes in other sports, including Olympic sprinters. And the simple action of throwing a baseball at max puts about 1.5 as much force on the UCL as a regular human should be able to handle. It's not all down to technique. I don't care how long you practice, you won't hit a ball 400 feet nor throw a ball 90mph because you simply lack the natural athleticism to do so. And in addition to that, the average speed on the basepaths this season is 19.5. Faster than floptrot player Robben ran during that world cup sprint.

Meanwhile, club bowlers bowl 300s all the time at advanced ages (50 and over). They can flirt with eliteness, even if they're not consistent enough to be professionals. And many club bowlers are just average Joes. You ain't flirting with baseball eliteness, no matter hard you train from now on.

Do you know the force you have to generate to hit a baseball 400 feet? About 3500 pounds. You act like baseball players just show up at spring training after doing nothing all off-season. The weight training required to build up that core strength is as intensive as any other major sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW1StJFm7kU

And he can crank it up to 21mph in the outfield. Faster than your boy Ronaldo :toast He can also throw 93mph and hit for power.

For my money, Giancarlo Stanton is probably the best overall athlete in ball sports. 6'5", 260lb, 21.5mph sprint speed, 35" vertical, 95mph arm strength, and hits baseballs with exit velocities over 120mph, which probably translates into a generation of 5000lb of force.

And his advanced metrics rank him the 150th best player in the league, proving how hard this sport is. So easy to dominate basketball and NFL skill positions through pure athleticism. Can't do that in baseball. Simply a much harder sport.

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 12:26 AM
Oh.

:wow

A force approaching 8,000 pounds is required to change the motion of a 5-ounce baseball traveling 90 miles per hour into a 110-mile-per-hour shot over the center-field fence. The bat – in this case swung at nearly 80 m.p.h. – moves only about one inch in the 1,000th of a second that the bat is in contact with the pitched ball. The ball collides with the bat at a combined speed (bat plus ball) of about 140 miles per hour. The impact flattens the ball to about one-half its 3-inch diameter. (The bat is flattened, too, but only by about 1/50th.) The ball compresses like a spring and rebounds off of the bat².

"It's comparable to darts and bowling. It's not physically demanding. Just technically difficult" :lmao

Probably the stupidest comment I've ever read here, including comments from Lakers fans.

Caltex2
08-18-2016, 12:47 AM
Let soccer fans like what they like. We wouldn't like the games we like if we didn't grow up with them either.

DAF86
08-18-2016, 01:04 AM
Ortiz has been clocked at 16.4 mph this season. Duncan probably hasn't ran that fast in 10 years. Ortiz wins the 100m and 400m. Ortiz destroys Duncan in the throwing events. Both can't jump for shit, so hurdles, high jump, and long jump are probably a wash. Maybe Duncan edges him, but not enough to make up the advantage Ortiz has in the throwing events. Duncan wins the 1500. Both ain't doing the pole vault, so 0 points there.

I mean, have you actually watched Duncan in the past 5 years (rhetorical question). Constantly gets his shot blocked inside because he can't jump 12" to dunk most of the time (yes, I know he has a few dunks. 4 over 61 games last season :lol). He runs the floor nicely for a big, but his run speed is still slow by average standards. I would bet his top speed is below 16mph.

"But it's different!"

Yeah, no. Your crew just dislikes baseball because it's not a cookie cutter goal sport with running and jumping every 10 seconds to keep you "entertained." Doesn't make the sport any less athletically demanding. That extra 1mph of sprint speed trained up for can be the difference between a win and a loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0lv_b-Ysgc

Fastest player in college baseball. 6.1 60 yard dash. For comparison, Carl Lewis won a world title in the 60 yard with a 6.13 time.

And this kid needs to train for throwing, fielding, and hitting, as well.

"Not athletically demanding."

You guys are so full of shit, it's amusing. :lol

So much delusion. :lol

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 01:09 AM
So much delusion. :lol

Ortiz has 3 events where he blows Duncan out by such a huge margin, Duncan isn't making it up for by barely beating Ortiz in the high and long jumps.

"But Duncan is thin!"

Thinking thin people are naturally more athletic is delusion. Duncan has very little athleticism left. He ain't running over 15mph on those knees and with that frame.

DAF86
08-18-2016, 01:10 AM
That's my biggest complaint about baseball. There's way too many games, the season should be half as long. It should be a weekend and holiday sport only, Thursday-Monday at the most. The game lengths are long but that wouldn't be so bad if there were fewer of them. The games and rivalries would mean more as well if there were fewer of them. They could even do a promotion and relegation system if need be, 162 games is more than enough to determine who the best team was and like the old days hold a World Series. All those games and they still do 1-game playoffs (not the WC playoff game)? :lol

True, boxing is just as accesible and cheaper than even soccer (just two people fighting will do).

I just go back to what I said about people growing up with it. That's why soccer is more popular than handball.

But why do people grow up with it, dumbass? :lol

That's what I have been asking you since the beggining and you can't answer? You know why? 'cause the answer is that they grow up with it, 'cause since its invention soccer developed into the most popular sport among those poeple. They found it more fun than sports with bigger history and that were invented earlier, but weren't as fun. That's the basic fact you won't dignified to admit.

DAF86
08-18-2016, 01:16 AM
Ortiz has 3 events where he blows Duncan out by such a huge margin, Duncan isn't making it up for by barely beating Ortiz in the high and long jumps.

"But Duncan is thin!"

Thinking thin people are naturally more athletic is delusion. Duncan has very little athleticism left. He ain't running over 15mph on those knees and with that frame.

:lol Thinking Ortiz would win the 100 metres.
:lol Thinking Ortiz wouldn't die midway the 400 metres.
:lol giving the throwing events to Ortiz just because (is he a pitcher now? Doesn't Duncan have to throw shit pretty often too in his sport?)

Seriously dog, I have never seen a more delusional argument than yours regarding baseball and athletic demands. Even kobefans aren't as delusional.

Take a hint from all the other baseball fans not backing you up on this shit and lay low son. :lol

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 01:19 AM

That's what I have been asking you since the beggining and you can't answer? You know why? 'cause the answer is that they grow up with it, 'cause since its invention soccer developed into the most popular sport among those poeple. They found it more fun than sports with bigger history and that were invented earlier, but weren't as fun. That's the basic fact you won't dignified to admit.

Cheap to play.

"But baseball, rugby, etc are cheap to play too!"

The difference is that you can better simulate a soccer game with garbage you find on the street than you can simulate other sports. Rugby you can simulate quite well, but I think its convoluted rule set make it more inaccessible.

You can also practice soccer more easily by yourself than other sports aside from maybe basketball, but basketball needs proper equipment. It's the only reason I can think of why a simplistic, cliched goal sport with big design flaws is the "world's game." Great accessibility. I'm not salty about this fact. Enjoy it. I just don't buy the idea it is an inherently more fun game than other sports.

https://activemappingknowledge.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/handmadeball.jpg

Caltex2
08-18-2016, 01:26 AM

I never denied any of what you said. It just is what it is. Just don't try to sell me on low scoring being so great by itself or how technical and tough it is to compared other sports.

Like I said, if it was back and forth, with great shots and great saves yet still low scoring, that'd be one thing. I've watched entire halves of soccer with just 0-1 direct shots on the goalie: boring! Many of soccer's goals are on penalty shots in-game and not on regular plays.

Either ease offsides or place fewer players on the field. That would really test the players' endurance. But soccer will go on as is because that's just you fans like and is tradition, just like basketball holding on to rules like the backcourt violation and 8/10 seconds because they've always been in the rulebook even after the shot clock made them not matter at all.

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 01:28 AM
:lol Thinking Ortiz would win the 100 metres.
:lol Thinking Ortiz wouldn't die midway the 400 metres.
:lol giving the throwing events to Ortiz just because (is he a pitcher now? Doesn't Duncan have to throw shit pretty often too in his sport?)

Seriously dog, I have never seen a more delusional argument than yours regarding baseball and athletic demands. Even kobefans aren't as delusional.

Take a hint from all the other baseball fans not backing you up on this shit and lay low son. :lol

Comparing throwing strength of an NBA player to an MLB player :lmao

Where's Duncan's top speed analytics? I'll wait. And :lol thinking Duncan's knees wouldn't disintegrate running 400m at max speed.

I don't think Duncan has jumped this high in a decade:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/540952474-david-ortiz-of-the-boston-red-sox-celebrates-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXorm4koc4KPb6tLO1YA1DRf410eO %2BVBObwxOZyBeQePJ6gqCHIOZptX1N02do0qYmA%3D%3D

":cry Duncan plays a sport I like, a sport than has some running and he's thin, so he's naturally more athletic :cry"

Why would I lay low when I'm winning this debate? First you morons claimed that baseball players weren't athletic. I destroyed that argument real quick, actually showing how shitty floptrot players are athletically by comparison (Ronaldo dunking on an 8 foot rim :lmao). Best players in floptrots are literally midgets with skinny fat bodies and no muscle mass.

And basketball players outside of wings are pretty poor athletes, inhibited by their height. 7 foot bigs couldn't literally couldn't play any other sport. That's why like 14% of people who are 7 feet and above are NBA players.

:lmao

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/regionals/west/2014/03/09/footers-percent-chance-playing-nba/fNnbP8zybYfXZtsw0eYPDK/story.html

7 footers are average to below average athletes who basically won the height lottery.

DAF86
08-18-2016, 01:38 AM
Cheap to play.

"But baseball, rugby, etc are cheap to play too!"

The difference is that you can better simulate a soccer game with garbage you find on the street than you can simulate other sports. Rugby you can simulate quite well, but I think its convoluted rule set make it more inaccessible.

You can also practice soccer more easily by yourself than other sports aside from maybe basketball, but basketball needs proper equipment. It's the only reason I can think of why a simplistic, cliched goal sport with big design flaws is the "world's game." Great accessibility. I'm not salty about this fact. Enjoy it. I just don't buy the idea it is an inherently more fun game than other sports.

https://activemappingknowledge.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/handmadeball.jpg

That's the shit you think 'cause you don"t really know soccer and really haven't play it at an organized level.

It isn't the same shit to play soccer on a well groomed grass field than on a fucking uneven piece of dirt.

It isn't the same to play it with a regular bouncing ball than with a shitty made up one made of socks, that isn't even round.

It is not the same to play it with an actual goal than with a couple of small rocks on the ground where you have to imagine if the shot was over or under the crossbar.

In baseball it isn't the same to play it with a stick than with a bat, or with a tennis ball instead of a baseball. But then, the quality of the field is pretty much irrelevant, and yiu have no goal. You just say "above the fence is a home run", and that's it.

Seriously son, really think an argument through before spitting it out. The only reason you said this shit is because of the many pictures you can find of third-world kids playing soccer on their feet on a random poor piece of ground. But guess what? They don't play it becuase it is the "easiest game to simulate", they play it because it is the most fun.

DAF86
08-18-2016, 01:45 AM
Comparing throwing strength of an NBA player to an MLB player :lmao

Where's Duncan's top speed analytics? I'll wait. And :lol thinking Duncan's knees wouldn't disintegrate running 400m at max speed.

I don't think Duncan has jumped this high in a decade:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/540952474-david-ortiz-of-the-boston-red-sox-celebrates-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXorm4koc4KPb6tLO1YA1DRf410eO %2BVBObwxOZyBeQePJ6gqCHIOZptX1N02do0qYmA%3D%3D

":cry Duncan plays a sport I like, a sport than has some running and he's thin, so he's naturally more athletic :cry"

Why would I lay low when I'm winning this debate? First you morons claimed that baseball players weren't athletic. I destroyed that argument real quick, actually showing how shitty floptrot players are athletically by comparison (Ronaldo dunking on an 8 foot rim :lmao). Best players in floptrots are literally midgets with skinny fat bodies and no muscle mass.

And basketball players outside of wings are pretty poor athletes, inhibited by their height. 7 foot bigs couldn't literally couldn't play any other sport. That's why like 14% of people who are 7 feet and above are NBA players.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/regionals/west/2014/03/09/footers-percent-chance-playing-nba/fNnbP8zybYfXZtsw0eYPDK/story.html

7 footers are average to below average athletes who basically won the height lottery.

"I'm winning this debate" :lol cute, tbh. :lol

Son, you are delusional. You can bore me with all the walls of words saying the same shit over and over again 'till I stop replying, but that won't change the fact that I have already shitted on every single delusional argument you have tried to make over this shit. I will stil reply to some of them from time to time when I have the time and feel in the mood. But know that, if I don't reply to them, it is not because you are not making a fucking delusional argument. It is because I have already shitted on those and it gets repetitive and boring. God bless.

DAF86
08-18-2016, 01:49 AM
I never denied any of what you said. It just is what it is. Just don't try to sell me on low scoring being so great by itself or how technical and tough it is to compared other sports.

Like I said, if it was back and forth, with great shots and great saves yet still low scoring, that'd be one thing. I've watched entire halves of soccer with just 0-1 direct shots on the goalie: boring! Many of soccer's goals are on penalty shots in-game and not on regular plays.

Either ease offsides or place fewer players on the field. That would really test the players' endurance. But soccer will go on as is because that's just you fans like and is tradition, just like basketball holding on to rules like the backcourt violation and 8/10 seconds because they've always been in the rulebook even after the shot clock made them not matter at all.

Dude, that sport already exists and nobody gives a flying fuck about it.

And I'm not trying to sell you shit. You like what you like, and I like what I like. I'm just trying to tell you that the popularity of soccer had nothing to do with tradition.

cobbler
08-18-2016, 01:53 AM

And that's why Wilt stands head and shoulders above all. His basketball greatness aside, he was also a well decorated cross country/track & field athlete (actually winning a division 1 high jumping conference title), volleyball player, weight lifter etc.

DAF86
08-18-2016, 01:55 AM
It's not like Duncan was a pretty damn good swimmer or anything. :lol

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 01:56 AM
Game. Set. Match for DAF86

But none can touch Parker in an open sprint, at least not so far this season. Parker has reached a high speed of 20.9 miles per hour in one stretch of in-game sprinting, easily the highest speed any of these guys have registered. Rubio is next, at 19.4 miles per hour, and the rest of the crew falls into the 17 range.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/is-tony-parker-the-fastest-point-guard-in-the-nba/

"17mph range," and these are measuring just point guards.

Ortiz running 16.4mph.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/73955164/v593179383/torbos-ortiz-runs-16-mph-to-steal-second-base

So you would have to believe Duncan is marginally slower than some of the fastest NBA PGs who register at about 17mph in open sprints.

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 01:57 AM
It's not like Duncan was a pretty damn good swimmer or anything. :lol

Yeah, 23 years ago.

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 02:00 AM
"I'm winning this debate" :lol cute, tbh. :lol

Son, you are delusional. You can bore me with all the walls of words saying the same shit over and over again 'till I stop replying, but that won't change the fact that I have already shitted on every single delusional argument you have tried to make over this shit. I will stil reply to some of them from time to time when I have the time and feel in the mood. But know that, if I don't reply to them, it is not because you are not making a fucking delusional argument. It is because I have already shitted on those and it gets repetitive and boring. God bless.

Yeah, your "shitting" doesn't go any further than saying "you're delusional."

You gonna go at me, I want stats, evidence, and not just qualitative "eye test" opinions from you. "B-B-But Duncan is lean and Ortiz is fat, um, fat people can't be fast!" That's basically your whole argument. You rate athleticism by physique. I actually rate it by something called evidence.

Funny, when Lakerfans pull that eyetest shit with Kirby and I counter with hard evidence, you agree. But I make the same argument in favor of something you're biased against, and it's "y-you're delusional."

16.4 mph. You want to prove Duncan can run a faster 100m, show me an example of him running faster than that in the last couple of years (we're comparing modern Duncan vs. modern Ortiz).

Caltex2
08-18-2016, 02:13 AM
Dude, that sport already exists and nobody gives a flying fuck about it.

And I'm not trying to sell you shit. You like what you like, and I like what I like. I'm just trying to tell you that the popularity of soccer had nothing to do with tradition.

And what sport would that be? Serious question, I'm not BS'ing?

DAF86
08-18-2016, 02:13 AM
Yeah, your "shitting" doesn't go any further than saying "you're delusional."

You gonna go at me, I want stats, evidence, and not just qualitative "eye test" opinions from you. "B-B-But Duncan is lean and Ortiz is fat, um, fat people can't be fast!" That's basically your whole argument. You rate athleticism by physique. I actually rate it by something called evidence.

Funny, when Lakerfans pull that eyetest shit with Kirby and I counter with hard evidence, you agree. But I make the same argument in favor of something you're biased against, and it's "y-you're delusional."

16.4 mph. You want to prove Duncan can run a faster 100m, show me an example of him running faster than that in the last couple of years (we're comparing modern Duncan vs. modern Ortiz).

What evidence son? There's no evidence for the shit we are arguing. Unless Duncan and Ortiz actually get into a decathlon there's no evidence to be had. Base running isn't the same as running on a basketball court where you pretty much never have to go full speed (specially not bigmen).

Besides, I'm not all that familiar with the retarded miles system you use up there, but since when is 16.4 some kind of good speed mark? :lol

DAF86
08-18-2016, 02:16 AM
And what sport would that be? Serious question, I'm not BS'ing?

Actually there's a lot of them. Some poster posted a couple of them, earlier in this thread. You have futsal, beach soccer, showball, etc.

Caltex2
08-18-2016, 02:29 AM
Okay, but I mean on a grand scale. On a full-sized soccer/football field, a game with fewer players or eased/no offsides. If regulation soccer was 5-5 minus the goalies (in other words, 6/6), I guarantee you the goalies would be tested way more often and player endurance would be way more of a factor. We'd see more 5-4 games and a lot more shots-on-goal.

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 02:30 AM
What evidence son? There's no evidence for the shit we are arguing. Unless Duncan and Ortiz actually get into a decathlon there's no evidence to be had. Base running isn't the same as running on a basketball court where you pretty much never have to go full speed (specially not bigmen).

Besides, I'm not all that familiar with the retarded miles system you use up there, but since when is 16.4 some kind of good speed mark? :lol

Um, they have 3/4 length court combine sprint times, where it is a full sprint without ball handling.

16.4mph or 26kph (using your French imposed system) is decent speed by athlete standards. The slowest players in the EPL floptrot league run about the fast.

Let's look at the 3/4 court sprint time (72 feet or 22 meters) for young NBA 7 footers.

http://stats.nba.com/draftcombine/#!/agility/?sort=THREE_QUARTER_SPRINT&dir=1

Average looks about 3.5ish seconds, with the slowest being 3.65.

In the Ortiz example I posted, he covered 22.5 meters in 3.74 seconds, pulling up as he reached second base, so he slowed down. With Duncan's bad knees and age, I seriously doubt he's faster than the slowest young big coming out. Ortiz looks to be about as fast as the slowest NBA big at the combine, and probably could shave a .10 off his time if he ran straight through and didn't wear a helmet.

Nothing suggests Tim is faster than Ortiz over 100m.

That's how you make an argument. With facts. Not appealing to dumb speculation by measuring physiques.

And it would take a reach of idiotic proportions to think Duncan is competing with an MLB player in throwing events.

dfens
08-18-2016, 05:35 AM
football is a GREAT sport and so loved because it is almost a perfect sport as it SCALES perfectly. It is:
- very economically accessible : a couple of trash cans and a ball) but if you need a ton of money (short and long term) to have a great team (development schools, scouting, training grounds, team-building, etc)
- physically accessible : as long as you are fit any type of body can contribute : small and skilled, tall and slow but good tactically, etc ... any fit bodies with sufficient knowledge and skill are good enough, tactics can also be tailor made for body types ... you just need a right combination, you don't need 6'6+ roid addicts.
- tactically and rules accessible : You don't need much skill to get a 5v5 court game but you need extraordinary individual skill to do what suarez does on the offside trap, extraordinary tactical skill to do what xavi does, and extraordinary skill to plan an entire game as a coach with almost no control after it started (in comparison to basketball, american football, etc). You also need to be a master at fouling to avoid getting sent off (pepe is an artist tbh :lol)
- culturally accessible : long ball english game, tiki-taka, nigball, continental, italian, iceland-style : there are many styles of play suited for different types of peoples, body types and cultures.
- because the game is so varied tactically and culturally you get counter strategies for every team, only rarely are there truly dominant teams (2002 brasil - stacked beyond god tbh). Italian style usually counters german style, chilean style counters argie style, french style counter spanish style, german style counter argie style and so on ... that's why you get REAL grudge matches.
- goals mean something : it's always do or die, you don't get many scoring chances. It's like life, you don't get what you want all the time, when you got the chance you got to man up and take/exploit it. DAF86's analogy is a good one tbh :toast

An accessible easy to learn hard to master game. It's no wonder EVERY country loves it except for the mentally impaired people who think sport = athleticism only. Sport is like life sons, you adapt to win, it doesn't matter how you win (athleticism, smarts, planning, intelligence, creativity), the game doesn't railroad you into playing a certain way. The beautiful game is like life flexible, ever adaptive, accessible yet hard to conquer, the game is alive. Imo this is very hard to grasp for americans because you live is such a closed railroaded world tbh, there is much to learn outside of it sons.

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 06:16 AM
football is a GREAT sport and so loved because it is almost a perfect sport as it SCALES perfectly. It is:
- very economically accessible : a couple of trash cans and a ball) but if you need a ton of money (short and long term) to have a great team (development schools, scouting, training grounds, team-building, etc)
- physically accessible : as long as you are fit any type of body can contribute : small and skilled, tall and slow but good tactically, etc ... any fit bodies with sufficient knowledge and skill are good enough, tactics can also be tailor made for body types ... you just need a right combination, you don't need 6'6+ roid addicts.
- tactically and rules accessible : You don't need much skill to get a 5v5 court game but you need extraordinary individual skill to do what suarez does on the offside trap, extraordinary tactical skill to do what xavi does, and extraordinary skill to plan an entire game as a coach with almost no control after it started (in comparison to basketball, american football, etc). You also need to be a master at fouling to avoid getting sent off (pepe is an artist tbh :lol)
- culturally accessible : long ball english game, tiki-taka, nigball, continental, italian, iceland-style : there are many styles of play suited for different types of peoples, body types and cultures.
- because the game is so varied tactically and culturally you get counter strategies for every team, only rarely are there truly dominant teams (2002 brasil - stacked beyond god tbh). Italian style usually counters german style, chilean style counters argie style, french style counter spanish style, german style counter argie style and so on ... that's why you get REAL grudge matches.
- goals mean something : it's always do or die, you don't get many scoring chances. It's like life, you don't get what you want all the time, when you got the chance you got to man up and take/exploit it. DAF86's analogy is a good one tbh :toast

An accessible easy to learn hard to master game. It's no wonder EVERY country loves it except for the mentally impaired people who think sport = athleticism only. Sport is like life sons, you adapt to win, it doesn't matter how you win (athleticism, smarts, planning, intelligence, creativity), the game doesn't railroad you into playing a certain way. The beautiful game is like life flexible, ever adaptive, accessible yet hard to conquer, the game is alive. Imo this is very hard to grasp for americans because you live is such a closed railroaded world tbh, there is much to learn outside of it sons.

It has more to do with people from different cultures liking different things. An Indian could write the same poetic description of cricket as you do of soccer. A Canadian can say such about ice hockey.

We're not all obliged to like soccer because it's "the world's game."

08-18-2016, 06:30 AM
I played in high school, going against centers 75lb heavier on average. I used my vertical (better than Ronaldo's max in my day

it just keeps getting better

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 06:33 AM

it just keeps getting better

Ronaldo's vert was lab measured at 30". Any American kid who played a lot of basketball growing up beats that pathetic mark.

I'm not talking up my own athleticism, but laughing at Ronaldo's. Shredded and lean, and a measurably mediocre "athlete."

08-18-2016, 07:04 AM
Ronaldo's vert was lab measured at 30". Any American kid who played a lot of basketball growing up beats that pathetic mark.

I'm not talking up my own athleticism, but laughing at Ronaldo's. Shredded and lean, and a measurably mediocre "athlete."

:lol If you want to keep pretending that retarded video is "evidence" of his real leaping ability I'll use this photo as a counter argument since it's just as credible:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/90/de/9f/90de9fe4fb14fb4d5c2a3f161ab12e32.jpg

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 07:11 AM
:lol If you want to keep pretending that retarded video is "evidence" of his real leaping ability I'll use this photo as a counter argument since it's just as credible:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/90/de/9f/90de9fe4fb14fb4d5c2a3f161ab12e32.jpg

Oh, you mean a video that shows scientists testing Fagnaldo under lab conditions as opposed to "photos" that can be skewed by perspective optical illusions?

Watch it and weep, son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCtI6uxbTho

30" running vert (a two step is considering "running") :lmao

17" no-step :lol

This is an IMPRESSIVE no step.

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/icvah2glzkuki.gif?w=1000

08-18-2016, 07:15 AM

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 07:17 AM
Oh, and where did you find that photoshopped photo to cherrypick :lmao

The shopper actually cut and pasted Ronaldo and moved him up to the height of the ball. I guess you need to do things like that to make his shitty athleticism look more impressive.

http://www.ronaldo7.net/news/2014/03/802-cristiano-ronaldo-incredible-jump-rising-above-the-goalkeeper.jpg

vs. your shopped photo.

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 07:18 AM

Oh, and where did you find that photoshopped photo to cherrypick :lmao

The shopper actually cut and pasted Ronaldo and moved him up to the height of the ball. I guess you need to do things like that to make his shitty athleticism look more impressive.

http://www.ronaldo7.net/news/2014/03/802-cristiano-ronaldo-incredible-jump-rising-above-the-goalkeeper.jpg

vs. your shopped photo.

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 07:43 AM
:lol at floptrot fans posting shopped photos to hype up their crappy athletes. Let's take a look at how high Ronaldo probably jumped in that photo.

I measured Ronaldo's leg below the knee at about 2cm, and painted a black bar where the lower half of his leg would. Drew a black line from the goalie's toe to show the ground plane Ronaldo is on. Used the soccer to estimate how high he jumped, which is about 2 and 1/2 balls. A soccer ball's diameter is about 8.8".

http://i.imgur.com/WQ0kwXM.png

So his vert is probably around the 27"-30" mark here. Consistent with his vert tested in laboratory conditions.

Average leaper.

08-18-2016, 08:17 AM
:lmao are you fucking serious? It's obvious that's a shopped photo, which is why I said it's as credible as your "lab test video" to determine his real leaping ability

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 08:21 AM
:lmao are you fucking serious? It's obvious that was a shopped photo, which is why I said it's as credible as your "lab test video" to determine his real leaping ability

So now you're saying a photoshopped photo is as "credible" as a laboratory testing :lol

I didn't think you'd be so silly to even suggest something like that, so I assumed you were posting what you thought was a legit photo :lol

He's not a great leaper. Average for an elite athlete at best. Kawhi Leonard's vert is roughly the same. Shredded, muscular, lean =/= leaping ability.

08-18-2016, 08:27 AM
You give me a bullshit test, I give you a bullshit photo :lol

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 08:46 AM
You give me a bullshit test, I give you a bullshit photo :lol

How is that a bullshit test?

It's how they do it in combines :lol

":cry It makes my hero look average so it's a bullshit test :cry"

Just take the L, bro. Ronaldo is an average leaper.

08-18-2016, 09:02 AM
If you really think that's his max vert I'm not sure what to tell you, tbh...but then again you've repeatedly shown to be completely out of you element when talking about football so I can't say I'm surprised :lol

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 09:12 AM
If you really think that's his max vert I'm not sure what to tell you, tbh...but then again you've repeatedly shown to be completely out of you element when talking about football so I can't say I'm surprised :lol

What evidence do you have that it's higher? Everything that I've read about his leaping ability places his vert in that 27"-30ish" range. No reason to believe otherwise.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/remote/media.central.ie/media/images/r/RonaldoHeader070716_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-409169

I hope you realize that a 30" leap is excellent by average Joe standards, but pretty average by elite athlete standards, especially compared to NBA, NFL, and MLB players :toast

DAF86
08-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Um, they have 3/4 length court combine sprint times, where it is a full sprint without ball handling.

16.4mph or 26kph (using your French imposed system) is decent speed by athlete standards. The slowest players in the EPL floptrot league run about the fast.

Let's look at the 3/4 court sprint time (72 feet or 22 meters) for young NBA 7 footers.

http://stats.nba.com/draftcombine/#!/agility/?sort=THREE_QUARTER_SPRINT&dir=1

Average looks about 3.5ish seconds, with the slowest being 3.65.

In the Ortiz example I posted, he covered 22.5 meters in 3.74 seconds, pulling up as he reached second base, so he slowed down. With Duncan's bad knees and age, I seriously doubt he's faster than the slowest young big coming out. Ortiz looks to be about as fast as the slowest NBA big at the combine, and probably could shave a .10 off his time if he ran straight through and didn't wear a helmet.

Nothing suggests Tim is faster than Ortiz over 100m.

That's how you make an argument. With facts. Not appealing to dumb speculation by measuring physiques.

And it would take a reach of idiotic proportions to think Duncan is competing with an MLB player in throwing events.

So, you use a stat showing that 7 foot stiffs are faster than Ortiz and "that's how you make an argument"? OK, son. :lol

And I would love to hear the reason why is idotic to think that a 7 foot guy with long limbs could compete with a DH/1B that rarely has to throw a ball in a game. Besides, just because they are "throwing" events you automatically give it to the MLB players (even if they are not pitchers), despite the fact that throwing a baseball and a javalin throw, for ex, have little in common. If you look at the body types of the javalin throwers, they have a lot more in common with Duncan's body type than Ortiz's, tbh.

P/S: The french system isn't imposed son. It is more precise. That's why most of the World use it, tbh. :lol

08-18-2016, 12:45 PM
What evidence do you have that it's higher? Everything that I've read about his leaping ability places his vert in that 27"-30ish" range. No reason to believe otherwise.

this was like 2 years ago. He could probably go higher when younger

http://www.zaluu.com/stat/file/p/l/701/1467958127577f436f8f62f.jpg

I hope you realize that a 30" leap is excellent by average Joe standards, but pretty average by elite athlete standards, especially compared to NBA, NFL, and MLB players :toast

apalisoc_9
08-18-2016, 01:04 PM
Anerican atheletic stats where 6'4 guys are listed 6'8

So reliable :lmao

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 01:23 PM
So, you use a stat showing that 7 foot stiffs are faster than Ortiz and "that's how you make an argument"? OK, son. :lol

And I would love to hear the reason why is idotic to think that a 7 foot guy with long limbs could compete with a DH/1B that rarely has to throw a ball in a game. Besides, just because they are "throwing" events you automatically give it to the MLB players (even if they are not pitchers), despite the fact that throwing a baseball and a javalin throw, for ex, have little in common. If you look at the body types of the javalin throwers, they have a lot more in common with Duncan's body type than Ortiz's, tbh.

P/S: The french system isn't imposed son. It is more precise. That's why most of the World use it, tbh. :lol

Exactly. Duncan is a 7 foot stiff. And his athleticism, or lack thereof, isn't indicative of the general athleticism of NBA players overall, which is the point I keep trying to make to you retards.

EVERY position player in baseball needs to know how to throw. Yeah, you're going to go real far in the game not knowing how to perform that simple action.

Also :lmao Javelin throwers are built more like Duncan. Do you even watch sports or do you just talk out of your ass about everything that isn't floptrot?

http://media.aws.iaaf.org/media/LargeP/b7118bd2-4998-47dd-bd43-4b31ae688b1e.jpg?v=600410421

http://im.mtv.fi/image/2316430/landscape16_9/1024/576/8f5bb26fea71f93a9b6a6e8fcfac9198/Mh/1730294.jpg

And the mechanics are very similar. It's why Ashton Eaton hired a baseball coach to help him improve his throwing events, and why those two Indian kids who won that Million Dollar Arm competition were javelin throwers.

More:

http://www.dailyiowan.com/2013/05/15/Sports/33345.html

http://www.ecupirates.com/news/2011/2/23/Former_Ball_Players_Switch_To_Javelin.aspx?path=tr ack

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 01:31 PM
this was like 2 years ago. He could probably go higher when younger

http://www.zaluu.com/stat/file/p/l/701/1467958127577f436f8f62f.jpg

Average vert in the MLB is 28".

And that pic of Fagnaldo is supposed to be impressive? From the ground to the bottom of the goal post is about 9'4". Soccer ball has a diameter of 9", so Ronaldo's head is about 8'7" off the ground, which is the exact same height it was in that pic I posted that estimated his vert at 30".

So yeah, all evidence points to that range. It's why we have no footage of him dunking a basketball other than on an 8 foot goal :lol

Here's an MLB player showing you how a dunk is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWDGk6l1lMs

DAF86
08-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Exactly. Duncan is a 7 foot stiff. And his athleticism, or lack thereof, isn't indicative of the general athleticism of NBA players overall, which is the point I keep trying to make to you retards.

EVERY position player in baseball needs to know how to throw. Yeah, you're going to go real far in the game not knowing how to perform that simple action.

Also :lmao Javelin throwers are built more like Duncan. Do you even watch sports or do you just talk out of your ass about everything that isn't floptrot?

http://media.aws.iaaf.org/media/LargeP/b7118bd2-4998-47dd-bd43-4b31ae688b1e.jpg?v=600410421

http://im.mtv.fi/image/2316430/landscape16_9/1024/576/8f5bb26fea71f93a9b6a6e8fcfac9198/Mh/1730294.jpg

And the mechanics are very similar. It's why Ashton Eaton hired a baseball coach to help him improve his throwing events, and why those two Indian kids who won that Million Dollar Arm competition were javelin throwers.

More:

http://www.dailyiowan.com/2013/05/15/Sports/33345.html

http://www.ecupirates.com/news/2011/2/23/Former_Ball_Players_Switch_To_Javelin.aspx?path=tr ack

Well retard, I know that. The point I'm trying to make is that even a 7 foot stiff, like Duncan, is more athletic than a guy like David fucking Ortiz.

And regarding the javalin throwers, Here's an old video of the best javalin throwers in the World. All fit (without a disgusting belly), and with long limbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmiwWyIULNU

Spur-Addict
08-18-2016, 02:00 PM
Baseball is such a terrible sport. The worst actually, so bad.

Clipper Nation
08-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Let soccer fans like what they like. We wouldn't like the games we like if we didn't grow up with them either.
Baseball fans only drop truthbombs about soccer as retaliation for smug faggot soccer fans making fun of baseball (and football, for that matter).

Caltex2
08-18-2016, 02:34 PM
I'm not really a big baseball fan (it sucks in a number of ways but I still root for/follow the Astros), I just shake my head when soccer fans try to make their game out to be such a marvel for reasons that are actually negative, like low scoring. There's low scoring because of defense and there's low scoring (and scoreless ties) because the game is structured in a way that scoring is hard to come by, let alone chances to score. I bet somewhere close to half of all soccer goals are from in-game PK's, let alone how many low scoring ties are decided by the post-game PK's, which is almost a joke.

That and a number of things, like my OP about how it's not the only game accessible to the impoverished but it's just the game that caught on (and I know the richest country for some time, England, popularized it first and it's popular throughout Europe, full of First World countries). But if soccer fans like it, they like it.

08-18-2016, 02:49 PM
Average vert in the MLB is 28".

And that pic of Fagnaldo is supposed to be impressive? From the ground to the bottom of the goal post is about 9'4". Soccer ball has a diameter of 9", so Ronaldo's head is about 8'7" off the ground, which is the exact same height it was in that pic I posted that estimated his vert at 30".

So yeah, all evidence points to that range. It's why we have no footage of him dunking a basketball other than on an 8 foot goal :lol

Here's an MLB player showing you how a dunk is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWDGk6l1lMs
lol he clearly can jump high enough to dunk just going by that pic. And if he was the same height as the fatball player in the video you posted his head would be at about the same level so I'm not sure what your point is :lol

Caltex2
08-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Dunk on an 8-foot rim maybe. Time to let that one go. I'm sure Ronaldo is skilled enough to do things I can only imagine doing but he's an average pro athlete when it comes to raw athleticism.

dfens
08-18-2016, 03:34 PM
tbh this thread is just :lmao 10 pages of who has the biggest dick, jumps higher and and can monkey around better.
Soon atheltic ability will include dodging a lion at full speed in the saharan plains and taming monkeys in congo. :lmao
At this rate, in 20 years deandre jordan will be considered one of america's foremost thinkers and will run for his 2nd presidency. If you vote me imma give you free bananas :lmao

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 07:10 PM
lol he clearly can jump high enough to dunk just going by that pic. And if he was the same height as the fatball player in the video you posted his head would be at about the same level so I'm not sure what your point is :lol

You're kidding right?

The baseball player's head is about even with the rim (10 feet). Fagnaldo's head's in your pic is 9" below the 9'4" crossbar at about 8'7". Give Fagnaldo an extra 3" to equalize height, and his head is only reaching 8'10".

So much spin :lol

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 07:20 PM
Well retard, I know that. The point I'm trying to make is that even a 7 foot stiff, like Duncan, is more athletic than a guy like David fucking Ortiz.

And regarding the javalin throwers, Here's an old video of the best javalin throwers in the World. All fit (without a disgusting belly), and with long limbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmiwWyIULNU

By what metric? The fact you like basketball more? Yeah, that's it.

The thick Finnish guy I posted (6'2" 225lb) is the still the reigning world record holder for over 20 years and counting. And the fat Kenyan is the reigning World Champion.

This is also why see some fat MLB pitchers from time to time, especially in relief positions. More bulk=more velocity.

If you didn't fetishize physiques, you'd also understand that sometimes adding weight through fat is better than adding weight through muscle depending on the sport/position. More muscle=less flexibility and more oxygen demand.

If David Ortiz or CC were shredded like this, they would be shit.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b1/Dexter_Jackson_IFBB_2008_Australia_4.jpg/250px-Dexter_Jackson_IFBB_2008_Australia_4.jpg

I make the same arguments in favor of an NFL linemen when soccer fans denigrate american football because "obese people" can play it at the highest level. Soccer fans praise stamina and physique too much.

You're also not a retard, just making retarded arguments.

Caltex2
08-27-2016, 08:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJfFt5n1Y9s

It's contagious, even the coaches are flopping.

Clipper Nation
08-27-2016, 09:28 AM
:lmao Floptrot

K...
08-28-2016, 01:23 PM
In all this pissy futbal vs sticks and tobacco game, is it understood that American football is the most bs sport? Nothing but commercials and fat men wrestling standing up, essentially a game of catch, racial discrimination, cte, forced patriotism, less popular then cricket, run Like the Nixon white house, wearing tights, can't slam the qb but special teams is fair game, holding is flopping, made the military pay for ads, domestic violence, steroids, non guarantee contracts, shortest career length, subsidized stadiums, rich owners who backstab eachother, leaving st Louis even though California didn't want the team, 25% of the players are rapist.

Caltex2
08-28-2016, 07:50 PM
It all comes down to what you like and what you grew up with pretty much.

Caltex2
08-29-2016, 03:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzyuenOGxiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypwpf-fhPoI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC-H2wXK4T4