PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Daniels: Manu returning for one last year not that helpful to San Antonio

SAGirl
08-12-2016, 11:00 PM
https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnba/former-spur-antonio-daniels-on-how-manu-ginobilis-return-may-not-help-the-spurs
(https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnba/former-spur-antonio-daniels-on-how-manu-ginobilis-return-may-not-help-the-spurs)
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/ex-spur-antonio-daniels-thinks-re-signing-manu-ginobili-is-not-helpful-for-san-antonio
(http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/ex-spur-antonio-daniels-thinks-re-signing-manu-ginobili-is-not-helpful-for-san-antonio)
Antonio Daniels saying that Manu Ginobili returning doesn't help San Antonio, although he digs the 14 mill to play a few minutes a game for one last season.

In Today's Fast Break Locked on Spurs, (don't ask me why I all of a sudden was curious to listen to their podcast since podcasts are not my medium... ok yea I will tell you, I was curious to hear what Eli Horowitz thought of Garino. Newsflash: he's a huge Garino fan but he has ties to Argentina personally, he's far from an unbiased opinion giver).

Around the 24 min. mark they start to discuss the above referenced quote from Antonio Daniels, which I had not heard b4. Anyways, Horowitz specially mentions that he'd like to see Manu rest more through the season because San Antonio needs to see what it has in Jon Simms and Kyle Anderson (I suppose Simmons is in a rather tight schedule), and other young players like Bertans (or Garino even, both seem to assume Garino makes the team, which is still to be seen.. seriously they are worse than some fanboys in this board, lol). Both agree Manu's biggest value at this point is his leadership. The podcast is here:
https://audioboom.com/boos/4902380-locked-on-spurs-8-5-2015-do-we-like-the-additions-of-lee-garino?t=0

I was just surprised by someone in the media being so upfront about the Manu signing not necessarily being a good idea for the team, who is not trolling.

hater
08-12-2016, 11:15 PM
Manure is beyond finished. Should have really retired in 2013

illusioNtEk
08-12-2016, 11:28 PM
Manu can bring so much to the table rather then just scoring points....

ElNono
08-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Haven't heard the podcast yet, but based on the commentary, I don't think it has anything to do with good/bad idea, but more like what his impact value on the court itself will be, and it's obvious that while he's still has enough gas in the tank, the days of SuperManu have been over for a while.

He will help in other areas, like most vets do, in mentoring and leadership, while giving real fans one last look at a Spurs legend. For the Spurs this works at multiple levels: besides the mentor/leader aspect, it doesn't tie them up financially looking at future seasons, plus Manu has always been a fan favorite that puts people in seats at the AT&T Center, tbh... it also helps that new team leaders like LMA really appreciate his game, and have spoken highly of him, even at his old age/current level...

Mikeanaro
08-12-2016, 11:57 PM
Lol, So he was helping the Texas Legends?

Sean Cagney
08-13-2016, 01:35 AM

He played a great finals the year later though and hit that huge shot against OKC. I give you 2014, after that he should have hung em up IMO. That would have been the way to go out.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-13-2016, 01:42 AM
Someone has to be the Alpha and close games.

MaNu4Tres
08-13-2016, 04:23 AM
Antonio is a great guy, but he also thought Clippers had the best offseason last yr. I got in a few debates with him on Twitter about several things. Take his opinion for what it is.

Russo21
08-13-2016, 05:01 AM
It is certainly helpful for Manu's bank account and retirement plan, which is why we all work in the first place. Great deal for Manu.

SAGirl
08-13-2016, 05:30 AM
Haven't heard the podcast yet, but based on the commentary, I don't think it has anything to do with good/bad idea, but more like what his impact value on the court itself will be, and it's obvious that while he's still has enough gas in the tank, the days of SuperManu have been over for a while.

He will help in other areas, like most vets do, in mentoring and leadership, while giving real fans one last look at a Spurs legend. For the Spurs this works at multiple levels: besides the mentor/leader aspect, it doesn't tie them up financially looking at future seasons, plus Manu has always been a fan favorite that puts people in seats at the AT&T Center, tbh... it also helps that new team leaders like LMA really appreciate his game, and have spoken highly of him, even at his old age/current level...

This one is a gift from me to you.. I hope it makes you smile.... the real reason Pop asked Manu to play another season:
:lol Yes he has to help slowmo out OK??? (and the crew: JSimms, Dijon, Bertans... etc.)

----
As an aside from the funny jokes, it just shocked me Daniels was calling Manu out as over the hill. He certainly can't take over games in the playoffs where it counts and Pop needs these guys to help out, so yea, leadership and example setting.

hater
08-13-2016, 07:48 AM
He played a great finals the year later though and hit that huge shot against OKC. I give you 2014, after that he should have hung em up IMO. That would have been the way to go out.

I truly believe we woulf hace won 2013,and 2014 had he retired in 12

He was the reson we lost in 13 and nobody was beating us in 14

From Downtown
08-13-2016, 07:57 AM

I still don't think we win in '14 if we don't lose in '13

hater
08-13-2016, 07:59 AM

I do. The hunger would have been there. To repeat I mean. Plus the Heatanic would have probably disintegrated for 2014 so road would have been easier.

BillMc
08-13-2016, 08:07 AM
I'm sure it helps every bench player (and every new player including Pau) with the possible exception of Simmons because Manu's presence really eats into his minutes in a key year for him. That said, for leadership alone, Manu is a net positive. Your lockeroom can't lose Timmy and Manu in the same year. They were the two real leaders of the team. (Kawhi is too silent, LMA too quirky to take that mantle last year....maybe this one?)

FkLA
08-13-2016, 08:40 AM
Antonio is a great guy, but he also thought Clippers had the best offseason last yr. I got in a few debates with him on Twitter about several things. Take his opinion for what it is.

He was a co-host on a show on 760 that didn't last long. I want to say the other co-host stuck around but AD was let go. Agree that he seems like a cool guy but he's just not great at covering/talking sports tbh.

TheGreatYacht
08-13-2016, 10:03 AM
Always knew Antonio Daniels was a smart individual, tbh. One of the smartest basketball minds around.

bklynspursfan
08-13-2016, 10:30 AM

Basically this.

DarrinS
08-13-2016, 10:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yPdHdlhaxg

UZER
08-13-2016, 10:58 AM
Manu can bring so much to the table rather then just scoring points....

For both teams.

ElNono
08-13-2016, 11:24 AM
For both teams.

and the fans in rows 1-5...

ElNono
08-13-2016, 11:26 AM
This one is a gift from me to you.. I hope it makes you smile.... the real reason Pop asked Manu to play another season:
:lol Yes he has to help slowmo out OK??? (and the crew: JSimms, Dijon, Bertans... etc.)

----
As an aside from the funny jokes, it just shocked me Daniels was calling Manu out as over the hill. He certainly can't take over games in the playoffs where it counts and Pop needs these guys to help out, so yea, leadership and example setting.

Kyle the person always struck me as a humble, hard-working guy. You can't argue his commitment. My doubts have everything to do with the player, not the person, tbh...

kaji157
08-13-2016, 11:31 AM
https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnba/former-spur-antonio-daniels-on-how-manu-ginobilis-return-may-not-help-the-spurs
(https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnba/former-spur-antonio-daniels-on-how-manu-ginobilis-return-may-not-help-the-spurs)
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/ex-spur-antonio-daniels-thinks-re-signing-manu-ginobili-is-not-helpful-for-san-antonio
(http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/ex-spur-antonio-daniels-thinks-re-signing-manu-ginobili-is-not-helpful-for-san-antonio)
Antonio Daniels saying that Manu Ginobili returning doesn't help San Antonio, although he digs the 14 mill to play a few minutes a game for one last season.

In Today's Fast Break Locked on Spurs, (don't ask me why I all of a sudden was curious to listen to their podcast since podcasts are not my medium... ok yea I will tell you, I was curious to hear what Eli Horowitz thought of Garino. Newsflash: he's a huge Garino fan but he has ties to Argentina personally, he's far from an unbiased opinion giver).

Around the 24 min. mark they start to discuss the above referenced quote from Antonio Daniels, which I had not heard b4. Anyways, Horowitz specially mentions that he'd like to see Manu rest more through the season because San Antonio needs to see what it has in Jon Simms and Kyle Anderson (I suppose Simmons is in a rather tight schedule), and other young players like Bertans (or Garino even, both seem to assume Garino makes the team, which is still to be seen.. seriously they are worse than some fanboys in this board, lol). Both agree Manu's biggest value at this point is his leadership. The podcast is here:
https://audioboom.com/boos/4902380-locked-on-spurs-8-5-2015-do-we-like-the-additions-of-lee-garino?t=0

I was just surprised by someone in the media being so upfront about the Manu signing not necessarily being a good idea for the team, who is not trolling.

Not bad take, i just disagree. Their take is that Manu might eat up minutes that could go to younger players. Yet they also say that the Spurs need to keep manu rested, so that also means they still consider him someone usefull.

Bottomline, Pop and the FO considers that Parker/Leonard/Aldridge leadership is not there yet and prefer Manu to be in that role off the court at least for now.

I really think that the Net Plus Manu has is his leadership and winning experience. He is by now the winningest player on the team, having won not only in the NBA but also at continental and world level. And an example of behaviour, respect, work ethic and the Spurs culture. That is always needed, but this year is most important because youŽll have 2 upcoming leaders in formation (Leonard and Aldridge) and a lot of young players that aim to continue our road to success.

houston spurs fan
08-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Who gives a shit. Another useless summer time thread

SpurOutofTownFan
08-13-2016, 11:35 AM

So one player in a team-based sport is responsible for an entire team losing? Great job basketball expert...

Sean Cagney
08-13-2016, 12:58 PM
I agree with you, that push was crazy they had after that loss. Manu was part of it too.

Dex
08-13-2016, 01:07 PM
I don't care if he helps the Spurs or not. He is one of my favorite players of all time and it will be a privilege to watch him for one more year.

Losing Duncan and Ginobili all in one offseason would have been devestating, not only to the fanbase but also to the team chemistry.

Besides, who gives a shit about what Antonio Daniels says? The best thing he ever did in San Antonio was making the front-cover of the Jim's menu.

kobyz
08-13-2016, 02:03 PM
And what about 30mil for Gasol? Why that's good???

Sean Cagney
08-13-2016, 02:10 PM
I don't care if he helps the Spurs or not. He is one of my favorite players of all time and it will be a privilege to watch him for one more year.

Losing Duncan and Ginobili all in one offseason would have been devestating, not only to the fanbase but also to the team chemistry.

Besides, who gives a shit about what Antonio Daniels says? The best thing he ever did in San Antonio was making the front-cover of the Jim's menu.
Tim retiring stings enough :( Damn... Thanks for reminding me.

rmt
08-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Manu staying another year will help transition the team without TD and he deserves his own send-off/retirement without being overshadowed by TD.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-13-2016, 05:32 PM
:lol says the guy who served as a Kobe traffic cone for us until we finally got rid of him and got Manu

UNT Eagles 2016
08-13-2016, 05:34 PM
David, AJ and AD... having spent the last 14 years in the big 3 era it's sometimes how hard to remember how religious the Spurs culture once was...

SAGirl
08-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Not bad take, i just disagree. Their take is that Manu might eat up minutes that could go to younger players. Yet they also say that the Spurs need to keep manu rested, so that also means they still consider him someone usefull.

Bottomline, Pop and the FO considers that Parker/Leonard/Aldridge leadership is not there yet and prefer Manu to be in that role off the court at least for now.

I really think that the Net Plus Manu has is his leadership and winning experience. He is by now the winningest player on the team, having won not only in the NBA but also at continental and world level. And an example of behaviour, respect, work ethic and the Spurs culture. That is always needed, but this year is most important because youŽll have 2 upcoming leaders in formation (Leonard and Aldridge) and a lot of young players that aim to continue our road to success.

I agree with you. I teased ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) with Kyle but I was joking. In reality, the concern is Kawhi and LMA. There is a vaccum at the top, LMA bc he was a newcomer and Kawhi bc he's too reserved. The past teams were still a reflection of the chemistry and culture established by Tim, even when he was taking a step back back in role. Having lost Tim, the new guys have yet to take over. At least Manu helps out, specially in the tough times, when teams get challenged and tested. I really think Manu is back to help them out, not to attempt to be the Manu of old.

Daniels had a different perspective looking strictly at basketball.

SAGirl
08-13-2016, 06:09 PM
I'm sure it helps every bench player (and every new player including Pau) with the possible exception of Simmons because Manu's presence really eats into his minutes in a key year for him. That said, for leadership alone, Manu is a net positive. Your lockeroom can't lose Timmy and Manu in the same year. They were the two real leaders of the team. (Kawhi is too silent, LMA too quirky to take that mantle last year....maybe this one?)

Agree completely with this too. The guy affected the most is Simmons. I still think Spurs will try to find a way to discover what they have in him before he hits FA. Agree with you too on leadership from Kawhi and LMA.

Frankly I think the guy who has a real leadership personality is Kyle, part of the reason he wins games aside from his own talent, is how he brings everyone together. It's one of the big intangibles he has and something that has been remarked by Spurs personnel too. He's just too young himself though and trying to break through in the league himself to have a kind of role like that. But guys are who they are, and when the going gets tough, we shall see some guys grow hopefully.

ElNono
08-13-2016, 06:11 PM
:lol says the guy who served as a Kobe traffic cone for us until we finally got rid of him and got Manu

this. talk about losers... Spurs immediately got better once he was gone.

rmt
08-13-2016, 06:22 PM

My favorite Manu pass is the one to Oberto (#5) - just realize how much Blair must miss Manu.

phxspurfan
08-13-2016, 08:20 PM

This. I'm glad the Spurs paid the man.

cutewizard
08-13-2016, 08:55 PM
Manu is essentially a playing coach of the Spurs.....

but in today's NBA, leadership and maturity is sorely lacking

so, Manu's value is priceless!

If i owned the Spurs, I would do the same, and beg Duncan to have a front office job,too and be visible, perhaps even coach a little....

BillMc
08-13-2016, 09:39 PM
Agree completely with this too. The guy affected the most is Simmons. I still think Spurs will try to find a way to discover what they have in him before he hits FA. Agree with you too on leadership from Kawhi and LMA. Frankly I think the guy who has a real leadership personality is Kyle, part of the reason he wins games aside from his own talent, is how he brings everyone together. It's one of the big intangibles he has and something that has been remarked by Spurs personnel too. He's just too young himself though and trying to break through in the league himself to have a kind of role like that. But guys are who they are, and when the going gets tough, we shall see some guys grow hopefully. :toast

KimmyGib
08-13-2016, 10:05 PM

Spurs lose first round in 2014 w/o Manu.

hater
08-13-2016, 10:51 PM

Negatory. Ferrari takes over and we win. Manu has been unnecessary since 2011

Sean Cagney
08-14-2016, 01:25 AM
Thunder game 6, that shot was huge as well. His Dunk over Bosh and three as well after, he had a great finals in 2014. He redeemed himself.

dabom
08-14-2016, 01:28 AM

Pinto was trash that year. :lmao

UZER
08-14-2016, 02:45 AM

:lol

J_Paco
08-14-2016, 04:07 AM

Of course he was a fucking traffic cone, he isn't/wasn't a SG!!!!

He (like David West this season) was destined to fail being asked to guard players that are 2" - 4" taller than him. He actually became a pretty good back up PG later on after leaving SA. Led the league in AST/TO ratio a few times with the Sonics and Wizards, I believe.

Anyway, jury is out on whether this is true or not. Manu is at the age, like Timmy this last season, where his body could just physically give out at a moments notice. And hidden under Tony's abhorrent/piss poor perrfomances the past two post seasons lays that fact that Manu has had late season dives in production too.

Pop would be smart in treating Manu like Robert Horry or how Vince Carter was used this last season in Memphis. Use him sparingly (can't believe I'm typing this about a $14 million dollar player) until February- March then slowly rampant up his minutes come playoff time. No use in having play well early to juwt fade out and be outplayed by the Dion Waiters' of the league.

From Downtown
08-14-2016, 05:43 AM
Thunder game 6, that shot was huge as well. His Dunk over Bosh and three as well after, he had a great finals in 2014. He redeemed himself.

He was there everything we needed him that year

TheGreatYacht
08-14-2016, 08:32 AM

cutewizard
08-14-2016, 08:45 AM
Manu should play something like 40 games of regular season......preservation......hmmmm

DarrinS
08-14-2016, 11:39 AM

Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zeHJMCiN60

ElNono
08-14-2016, 11:46 AM
Of course he was a fucking traffic cone, he isn't/wasn't a SG!!!!

He (like David West this season) was destined to fail being asked to guard players that are 2" - 4" taller than him. He actually became a pretty good back up PG later on after leaving SA. Led the league in AST/TO ratio a few times with the Sonics and Wizards, I believe.

Anyway, jury is out on whether this is true or not. Manu is at the age, like Timmy this last season, where his body could just physically give out at a moments notice. And hidden under Tony's abhorrent/piss poor perrfomances the past two post seasons lays that fact that Manu has had late season dives in production too.

Pop would be smart in treating Manu like Robert Horry or how Vince Carter was used this last season in Memphis. Use him sparingly (can't believe I'm typing this about a $14 million dollar player) until February- March then slowly rampant up his minutes come playoff time. No use in having play well early to juwt fade out and be outplayed by the Dion Waiters' of the league.

So AD has an excuse because he was 2 inches shorter, but has the same TD in his prime and #50 behind him that supposedly is a knock on Manu (or even Tony to an extent)? This is why people need to think a little bit and get their stories straight before posting. The Spurs move on from this supposedly "more established" NBA player to basically two international rooks with limited to no NBA experience, and suddenly built one of the best trios in NBA history. AD just either wasn't that good or simply didn't understand the huge opportunity that was in front of him. At any rate, in hindsight, the Spurs absolutely did the right thing in moving on from him.

J_Paco
08-14-2016, 12:02 PM
So AD has an excuse because he was 2 inches shorter, but has the same TD in his prime and #50 behind him that supposedly is a knock on Manu (or even Tony to an extent)? This is why people need to think a little bit and get their stories straight before posting. The Spurs move on from this supposedly "more established" NBA player to basically two international rooks with limited to no NBA experience, and suddenly built one of the best trios in NBA history. AD just either wasn't that good or simply didn't understand the huge opportunity that was in front of him. At any rate, in hindsight, the Spurs absolutely did the right thing in moving on from him.

Are really going to compare Antonio Daniels to Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, man? Daniels was never a defensive stopper and was at a huge disadvantage going against the BEST SG IN THE LEAGUE in Kobe Bryant. That was a complete mismatch on both ends and Kobe utterly destroyed him. And like I said, him being much smaller than Kobe - and forced to start cause of the Anderson injury - only exacerbated the problem.

Daniels was a reclamation project and never lived up to his high selection (I believe #4 in '97), but I would never claim that the Spurs should have kept him in spite Ginobili or Parker. Yet, that doesn't change the fact that he was put in a position to complete fail trying to play SG. He rarely did that after his time in SA and was either a 2nd or 3rd PG the remaining years of his career.

The '01 and '02 Spurs were poorly constructed to deal with the combined size, athleticism and skill of prime Shaquille O'Neal and (near prime) Kobe Bryant. Too many small or old players on the perimeter to even come close to slowing down Kobe.

ElNono
08-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Are really going to compare Antonio Daniels to Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, man? Daniels was never a defensive stopper and was at a huge disadvantage going against the BEST SG IN THE LEAGUE in Kobe Bryant. That was a complete mismatch on both ends and Kobe utterly destroyed him. And like I said, him being much smaller than Kobe - and forced to start cause of the Anderson injury - only exacerbated the problem.

The '01 and '02 Spurs were poorly constructed to deal with the combined size, athleticism and skill of prime Shaquille O'Neal and (near prime) Kobe Bryant. Too many small or old players on the perimeter to even come close to slowing down Kobe.

When was Tony Parker a defensive stopper? This is the kind of ridiculous arguments you're making. Also, Bowen was with the Spurs since 2001. The fact that he was targeted by the Lakers has everything to do with the fact that they knew he wasn't going to put the effort. The fact he was a walking mismatch is a knock on HIM, not his teammates or the rest of the team. Shaq and Kobe weren't in their primes in 2003, or even 2004 (where we were .4 secs from beating them again)?

baseline bum
08-14-2016, 01:09 PM
Negatory. Fiat takes over and we win. Manu has been unnecessary since 2011

No fucking way son :lol

J_Paco
08-14-2016, 01:47 PM
When was Tony Parker a defensive stopper? This is the kind of ridiculous arguments you're making. Also, Bowen was with the Spurs since 2001. The fact that he was targeted by the Lakers has everything to do with the fact that they knew he wasn't going to put the effort. The fact he was a walking mismatch is a knock on HIM, not his teammates or the rest of the team. Shaq and Kobe weren't in their primes in 2003, or even 2004 (where we were .4 secs from beating them again)?

When was Parker asked to guard Kobe Bryant one-on-one, sir?

You are completely missing my point. It has nothing to do with the other players, but the role he was asked to play and the position he was put in. It was too much to ask a combo guard with a limited skillset, who is undersized to guard the best 2 guard in the game. He was going to fail 100 times out 100.

Obviously, they realized that and replaced him with better talent. It just goes to show that Pop has thrown limited players into the deep end of the pool since the beginning.

Sometimes it succeeded (Jaren Jackson, Bruce Bowen, Danny Green, Stephen Jackson) and somethimes the result weren't good (West, Daniels, et cetera).

TheGreatYacht
08-14-2016, 02:12 PM
Manure is already getting outplayed by 5-7 players in Argentina. He might be the worst player on the team with Bonner off the team

From Downtown
08-14-2016, 02:44 PM
Manure is already getting outplayed by 5-7 players in Argentina. He might be the worst player on the team with Bonner off the team

He's averaging 15/3/2,5/1 with only 2 turnovers in 4 games despite a terrible game on saturday ffs :lol

DJR210
08-14-2016, 02:57 PM

:lol how much did it pain you typing that?

ElNono
08-14-2016, 04:20 PM
:lol how much did it pain you typing that?

:lol nothing, it's part of the show.... we still get the Ws, tbh

ElNono
08-14-2016, 04:33 PM
When was Parker asked to guard Kobe Bryant one-on-one, sir?

You are completely missing my point. It has nothing to do with the other players, but the role he was asked to play and the position he was put in. It was too much to ask a combo guard with a limited skillset, who is undersized to guard the best 2 guard in the game. He was going to fail 100 times out 100.

Obviously, they realized that and replaced him with better talent. It just goes to show that Pop has thrown limited players into the deep end of the pool since the beginning.

Sometimes it succeeded (Jaren Jackson, Bruce Bowen, Danny Green, Stephen Jackson) and somethimes the result weren't good (West, Daniels, et cetera).

Tony's been asked to guard Dirk Nowitzki at times, that happens to every player. Then teams know who to attack for obvious reasons. It's like every team but the Blazers knew that Beli was a huge liability and attacked him relentlessly, and Pop knew when to sit his ass too. And eventually the Spurs didn't hesitate to parts ways, because he could only play one side of the ball.

Even Bruce got torched against Kobe at times, but you could never question the effort on defense. For some other guys, that's just not in them. AD simply wasn't good enough, or didn't recognize the extra effort would've landed him more than one ring.

Harry Callahan
08-14-2016, 06:09 PM
Antonio Daniels? Really?

Antonio was nothing but an average player. Period. Manu was a big reason that guy was shipped out of town 15 years ago. Nothing but jealousy.

SpurOutofTownFan
08-14-2016, 09:29 PM

This stuff never gets old

Play Boban
08-14-2016, 09:37 PM
Antonio Daniels is a Black Panther.

YGWHI
08-14-2016, 11:20 PM

To be fair, he wasn't the only one. Most guys on national media said that Pierce and Stephenson were the right fit for the Clips, making them "contenders"...
It's just L.A. and Doc, everything about them is fantastic, truly amazing...until it goes bad.

DJR210
08-14-2016, 11:43 PM
Antonio Daniels is just salty because Jim's Restaurant fired his bitch ass as their "mascot"

urunobili
08-15-2016, 07:21 AM
I'm sure Antonio knows more than Pop and the Spurs front office about what's good for them and what's not...

UNT Eagles 2016
08-15-2016, 08:00 AM

went from bowing out in 5 to winning the title, tbh

AD was a good guy, just couldn't defend anybody to save his life and was basically George Hill 1.0 on offense, proficient but erratic combo guard scorer and not really a point guard.

sammy
08-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Who cares of what Antonio Daniels says! Any of his takes are questionable at most! He's works for the OKC Thunder! Manu is the general for the second unit so it's not like he's going to play heavy minutes!

TheGreatYacht
08-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Antonio Daniels' word >>> Crooked Stephen Jackson

gilmor
08-16-2016, 06:40 AM

Actually, Porker took over Daniels as PG after 2002.

ElNono
08-16-2016, 08:13 AM
Actually, Porker took over Daniels as PG after 2002.

That's exactly what I'm saying, Pop went for two rooks over his overrated ass, and we ended up with the best trio in NBA history.

spurs10
08-16-2016, 04:28 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying, Pop went for two rooks over his overrated ass, and we ended up with the best trio in NBA history. Yeah he doesn't have an agenda.