PDA

View Full Version : No Man's Sky

Wild Cobra
08-13-2016, 03:30 PM
Anyone buy this yet?

I just downloaded it. So far initializing the first time play seems endless. Task manager has it using 18-24% of the CPU and at 2.15 GB so far. Doesn't seem to multitask well with other software.

Leetonidas
08-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Supposedly there are a lot of issues with the PC launch. good thing I rented this on my poorstation. downloading update then I'll get on. I shall return with insight

DMC
08-13-2016, 04:19 PM
Advertised as multiplayer in a very sheepish way. Has no multiplayer element. Could be instancing, but I think it's 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.

Cry Havoc
08-13-2016, 04:44 PM
Nope. I don't preorder games for this very reason.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2016, 06:00 PM
Well, the controls are unrevealed until you get into the came. From the Initilise screen, you hold the "E" key to get there. They poorly coded the interaction of the game from the PS4 version. I still haven't found some key functions, but it is an interested game.

Died twice so far...

Leetonidas
08-13-2016, 06:50 PM
interesting concept. exploring planets is cool. hope there is a lot more to it though

Wild Cobra
08-13-2016, 11:00 PM
interesting concept. exploring planets is cool. hope there is a lot more to it though

LOL...

It's massive. The game started with me crashed on an alien planet. I had two major parts of the ship to repair. Saved the game after I repaired one of them. I have to collect more zinc before I can repair the second part.

Anyway, I discovered four areas as I was searching. Learned some of the planets language. I think I have 28 words. Of the four areas I discovered, I am at zero percent each of discoveries. Seems odd since I actually found quite a bit. At terminals in trading post areas, I unlocked the locations of two crashed ships I haven't went to yet.

This is just one planet of too many.

Reck
08-13-2016, 11:25 PM
Game is getting a lot of flak.

I saw gameplay of it and got bored as fuck.

:lol collecting minerals for 5 straight hours.

Wild Cobra
08-14-2016, 02:51 AM
Game is getting a lot of flak.

I saw gameplay of it and got bored as fuck.

:lol collecting minerals for 5 straight hours.

There is so much more like cataloging animals and plants.

5 hrs for minerals?

Someone didn't know what they were doing.

ElNono
08-14-2016, 03:11 AM
just played it for an hour... already on a different planet... although I haven't really gotten all into it yet

Reck
08-14-2016, 03:15 AM
There is so much more like cataloging animals and plants.

5 hrs for minerals?

Someone didn't know what they were doing.

Probably.

I already went through this with Mass Effect. Scavanging is very time consuming.

These days all I want to do is jump right into the action and rocks my sucks off.

DJR210
08-14-2016, 09:58 AM
:lol 60 dollar indie game
:lol shitty ass color scheme
:lol console fags thinking this is the most graphically impressive game ever
:lol "infinite planets"
:lol boring "randomly created" terrained planets
:lol watches streams, still has yet to see anyone do anything
:lol shitty pc performance im sure
:lol more wasted money for the OP

08-14-2016, 10:39 AM
:lmao

DJR210
08-14-2016, 12:23 PM

:lmao @ "doesn't seem to multitask well w/ other software"

Why the fuck are you even playing a game if you're busy working or running some other non-gaming apps anyway? It just doesn't end :lol

baseline bum
08-14-2016, 12:41 PM

:cry But the CODEX edition :cry

ElNono
08-14-2016, 01:03 PM

pretty much, this shit got so many mixed reviews, tbh... even redboxing would be a good idea if you have a console

DJR210
08-14-2016, 01:06 PM
Another ambitious game that falls short of it's promises IMO.. Should have gone all out and hired Molyneaux to be their spokesperson

:cry but no online play though :cry

:cry I thought multi was the whole point :cry

Joseph Kony
08-14-2016, 01:09 PM
getting baked and playing this game is fun. it depends on what you want out of a video game tbh. this game is literally about exploring space and uncharted planets so idk what everyone was expecting. it does have glaring flaws like others have mentioned and its definitely not worth 60 bucks but paying 3 bucks and playing it for a day and a half seems like a good deal :lol

probably won't buy but its ok. definitely not the most impressive game or overly visually amazing but it passes the time

Reck
08-14-2016, 01:09 PM
The delays killed this game. This piece of shit kept getting delayed for nothing.

Wild Cobra
08-14-2016, 01:16 PM
Probably.

I already went through this with Mass Effect. Scavanging is very time consuming.

These days all I want to do is jump right into the action and rocks my sucks off.

The only think I dislike is what I dislike with most modern games. Too long waiting for actions. They like to show off their animations, or the coding is bloated, so simple interactions like trading take longer than it should.

Wild Cobra
08-14-2016, 01:17 PM
The delays killed this game. This piece of shit kept getting delayed for nothing.

LOL...

Agreed, and basically my last post.

Wild Cobra
08-14-2016, 01:17 PM

You need to take that spur out of your ass.

Wild Cobra
08-14-2016, 01:19 PM
:lmao @ "doesn't seem to multitask well w/ other software"

Why the fuck are you even playing a game if you're busy working or running some other non-gaming apps anyway? It just doesn't end :lol

The mouse stays in the one window and I can't move to excel or other programs. I like to track my game progress, items, locations, etc. as I play. I can ATL-TAB, but the game doesn't always return.

It is poorly coded for the PC, but still a good game.

DJR210
08-14-2016, 01:25 PM
:lol so you create excel spreadsheets to track your in game progress? Don't games already track your progress? :lol holy shit

08-14-2016, 03:18 PM
:lmao holy shit :lmao

Wild Cobra
08-14-2016, 04:03 PM
:lol so you create excel spreadsheets to track your in game progress? Don't games already track your progress? :lol holy shit

Seriously.

You need someone to pull that spur out of your ass.

baseline bum
08-15-2016, 12:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Ta4Evq2BQ

Joseph Kony
08-15-2016, 01:40 PM
i'm having fun playing this. sucks that its unplayable on the PC :lol

z0sa
08-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Brother has it on pc and loves it

baseline bum
08-15-2016, 03:25 PM
i'm having fun playing this. sucks that its unplayable on the PC :lol

I have heard it's pretty bad on console too, with dips into the 15-20 fps range. I'm surprised it doesn't rape AMD worse considering everything is done with voxels and I have never seen them advertise that shit with their gpus (and they make the gpus in PS4, PS4k, XBone, and XBox Scorprio).

Leetonidas
08-15-2016, 06:08 PM
definitely has issues graphically but overall its not bad usually just textures fuzzing in weirdly for me

DJR210
08-15-2016, 09:32 PM
So what is the objective of this piece of shit?

ElNono
08-15-2016, 09:50 PM
So what is the objective of this piece of shit?

I'm gonna wait for Cobra to finish his excel sheet, tbh... then I'll decide if it's worth it

DJR210
08-16-2016, 12:55 AM
I'm gonna wait for Cobra to finish his excel sheet, tbh... then I'll decide if it's worth it

:lmao dude creates a excel spreadsheet across 4 screens to track his bowel movements too I bet

Wild Cobra
08-16-2016, 02:35 AM
:lmao dude creates a excel spreadsheet across 4 screens to track his bowel movements too I bet

You must have a pretty shitty life to think up such things.

08-16-2016, 06:51 AM

Wild Cobra
08-21-2016, 06:34 PM
I have a couple suggestions that some may wish to follow.

The first time you play it, disconnect from online. Once you connect and your game is saved to the cloud, you are stuck with that game when online.

Play for a few minutes to learn the controls and see if you like your starting environment. If not, end the game, delete your game save, and start over in a new random world.

Also, the game slows down after an hour or more. When this happens, just save the game, exit, and start over. It is poorly written software, but interesting to play.

To delete:

Do a search for "hellogames" on your drive. In the NMS folder in that folder, delete the file that starts with "st_" with a string of several numbers following. When you start again, it will be a new random world. When you find one you like, you can claim the work online by letting it save to the game's cloud.

InRareForm
08-21-2016, 10:59 PM
Let's see the excel

DJR210
08-22-2016, 01:07 AM
I can't move to excel or other programs. I like to track my game progress, items, locations, etc. as I play.

Let's see the excel

apalisoc_9
08-22-2016, 01:25 AM
Don't play this game. I returned my copy. I give no man's sky developers the biggest bullshiters of the year award. 9 out of maybe 10 things they promised would be available in the game is non-existant.

I'm wondering if this game was rushed out due to a general lack of competition at this time of the year. Maybe, they will add new things later but man...this game has a whole lot nothing.

Wasted 12 hours on this reptitive boring shit. Admittedly, the first 3 hours are amazing. Great foundation...Poor house.

Monostradamus
08-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Yeah it's a lot of fun until you realize that all 9 quintillion or whatever planets are pretty much exactly the same.

DJR210
08-22-2016, 08:22 PM
Yeah it's a lot of fun until you realize that all 9 quintillion or whatever planets are pretty much exactly the same.

:lol this.. As soon as they announced random terraim i knew it was gonna be shit.. Then i saw that horrendous color palette and the SP only

DMC
08-23-2016, 01:04 AM
Founder calls it MP "it would be very rare but sure, it could happen"..

Releases it as SP after it was proven it's not MP.

developer laughs asses off as they profit from hype and too many adult fat kids living with mom hoping to pretend to be Captain Kirk.

Xevious
08-23-2016, 07:22 PM
Tbh if they'd release another Freespace, I'd play the shit out of it.

DJR210
08-23-2016, 08:40 PM
Founder calls it MP "it would be very rare but sure, it could happen"..

Releases it as SP after it was proven it's not MP.

developer laughs asses off as they profit from hype and too many adult fat kids living with mom hoping to pretend to be Captain Kirk.

Tbh I'm gonna make an Excel spreadsheet with all games in development so I can track which ones have multiplayer or are single player only, because this is bullshit

Leetonidas
08-23-2016, 08:53 PM
yeah I got bored with it awhile ago. I'm going to replay thru fallout 4 again since I haven't played any dlc really yet

baseline bum
08-23-2016, 09:06 PM
yeah I got bored with it awhile ago. I'm going to replay thru fallout 4 again since I haven't played any dlc really yet

The DLC sucks in Fallout 4. Maybe Nuka World will be good but everything before it was really forgettable. It has been nowhere near the quality of the DLC in Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas.

DJR210
08-24-2016, 12:00 AM
The DLC sucks in Fallout 4. Maybe Nuka World will be good but everything before it was really forgettable. It has been nowhere near the quality of the DLC in Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas.

I'm starting to think you're a disinfo agent against Fallout 4 tbh

Leetonidas
08-24-2016, 12:00 PM
I'm starting to think you're a disinfo agent against Fallout 4 tbh

I've heard negative things about the DLC but most complaints are comparing it in terms of Fallout 3s. I'm sure nuka world won't be anything crazy either. but ive only played thru it once and since no man's sky needs a big update before I play again and since FFXV was pushed back til almost December I need something to entertain me after work

DJR210
08-24-2016, 10:29 PM

I've heard negative things about the DLC but most complaints are comparing it in terms of Fallout 3s. I'm sure nuka world won't be anything crazy either. but ive only played thru it once and since no man's sky needs a big update before I play again and since FFXV was pushed back til almost December I need something to entertain me after work

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition? Pretty good game if you're not comparing it to GTA V in every way.. The hand to hand fighting KILLS anything GTA has to offer though, it's a large part of what you do in this one

Leetonidas
08-25-2016, 06:54 AM
I actually bought that awhile back and haven't bothered with it...I'll have to fire that up if its as good as you say tbh

DJR210
08-25-2016, 01:30 PM
I actually bought that awhile back and haven't bothered with it...I'll have to fire that up if its as good as you say tbh

It's good tbh.. The voice acting and story line are actually pretty good.. Infiltrating the Sun On Yee or whatever the fuck it is as an undercover cop..

Tbqh pulling up to a cop, beating his ass, throwing him in the trunk of your car and proceeding to drive said car off the nearest pier is great times while smoking a blunt

If you're really feeling adventurous, try dragging a woman back to your apartment and make her watch you take a piss

http://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/0/1/0/542010_v1.gif

baseline bum
08-25-2016, 03:48 PM
If you're really feeling adventurous, try dragging a woman back to your apartment and make her watch you take a piss

08-25-2016, 04:01 PM
It's good tbh.. The voice acting and story line are actually pretty good.. Infiltrating the Sun On Yee or whatever the fuck it is as an undercover cop..

Tbqh pulling up to a cop, beating his ass, throwing him in the trunk of your car and proceeding to drive said car off the nearest pier is great times while smoking a blunt

I might have to give the special poverty edition of this one a try now

baseline bum
08-25-2016, 04:17 PM
:lmaoI might have to give the special poverty edition of this one a try nownosteam.ro (the popups are horrible though)

hater
09-02-2016, 03:10 PM
So what happen to Star Citizen??? That shit still on Alpha version????

baseline bum
09-02-2016, 03:32 PM

Right on schedule for a 2021 release

jeebus
09-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Any update on the excel sheet?

09-02-2016, 08:30 PM

09-02-2016, 08:56 PM
I'm waiting too tbh

DJR210
09-02-2016, 09:40 PM

Wild Cobra Wild Cobra Wild Cobra

hater
09-03-2016, 08:44 AM

:lol

09-05-2016, 09:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2en0tyY.gif

Cry Havoc
09-05-2016, 10:10 PM

Alpha 3.0 is going to already be the most expansive/immersive space sim ever created. When it's going to already be better than anything else in the genre and isn't even to beta, that says a lot about the scope of the game.

DJR210
09-06-2016, 12:27 AM
:lol @ Steam giving people with 50+ hours of game time refunds on this POS

Maybe Best Buy will reimburse the 6 1440p monitors Wild Cobra bought to run excel alongside this crap

Wild Cobra
09-06-2016, 06:10 AM

Maybe Best Buy will reimburse the 6 1440p monitors Wild Cobra bought to run excel alongside this crap

Why are you always showing your absolute stupidity?

Aren't you smart enough to see how stupid your remarks are?

1) I didn't buy them at Best buy.

2) I bought 3, not 6.

09-06-2016, 06:15 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

baseline bum
09-06-2016, 07:29 AM

:lol the reviews for this piece of shit on steam :lol

Mulgen
99 products in account
2 reviews

Not Recommended
20.6 hrs on record
POSTED: SEPTEMBER 1
Now on the store page:
"The standard Steam refund policy applies to No Man's Sky. There are no special exemptions available. Click here for more detail on the Steam refund policy."

The fact that Steam had to put a disclaimer about their refund policy on the front of a game's sale page should give you more information than any opinionated review ever could.

The game is a complete lie and everyone who bought it got scammed, plain and simple.

kestrel_65
11 products in account
1 review

Not Recommended
58.4 hrs on record
POSTED: AUGUST 30
I played this for many hours thinking that I would eventually get to actual gameplay behind the endless grind of upgrading the slots in your inventory. The farther in I went, the more it became apparent that there WAS no game here. What the developers have created is an excellent platform to build a game in. They just never got that far.

MordredEmiya
111 products in account
1 review

Not Recommended
9.7 hrs on record
POSTED: AUGUST 30
I was so hyped for this game and then was immediately disappointed, there is no major conflict, no story, no crafting, no groups meeting up, and no fun. Its only inventory management and farming for money so you can get more inventory space. All in all I would give it a 2 out of 5.

DJR210
09-06-2016, 08:34 AM

DJR210
09-06-2016, 08:45 AM

:lmao this game is perfect for people who's obsessive compulsive disorder tells them they need to track in game stats on spreadsheets
:lmao a game about picking flowers all over the galaxy
:lmao 8 1440p monitors all purchased at Best Buy
:lmao 2 HD projectors with Excel cloned on the wall too
:lmao Google Maps stalking, 4 women per screen

:lol the reviews for this piece of shit on steam :lol

:lol it's fucking terrible

:lol at the dumbfucks who pre-ordered this shit

:lol these days you'd have to be down syndromed up to purchase a game within 2 weeks of launch

Wild Cobra
09-06-2016, 10:26 AM
I see DJR210 is going for Joker of the Year.

redzero
09-07-2016, 02:46 AM
So, if I am getting this right, No Man's Sky is nothing more than the awful inventory management from Mass Effect and the tedious planet probing for resources from Mass Effect 2, combined. Remove all story, water down the combat, and litter the planets with randomly generated abominations.

Yeah, seems like it's worth $60.

DJR210
09-07-2016, 05:21 AM
So, if I am getting this right, No Man's Sky is nothing more than the awful inventory management from Mass Effect and the tedious planet probing for resources from Mass Effect 2, combined. Remove all story, water down the combat, and litter the planets with randomly generated abominations.

I haven't played this trash, but from what I've gathered sounds about right..

Cry Havoc
09-07-2016, 08:13 PM

Pretty spot on, with the somewhat notable exception that it is quite nice to look at. In small doses. Another way of thinking about it would be Minecraft without the creative mode, instead you're just planet hopping and gathering.

Leetonidas
09-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Yeah that's a solid description. it can seem entertaining for awhile if youre baked but once you realize the inventory management and upgrading leads to nothing it's pretty boring. I got bored after a week

Wild Cobra
09-11-2016, 04:00 AM
The game is disappointing for $60. Too repetitive after a bit.

DJR210
09-11-2016, 09:26 AM

09-12-2016, 08:35 AM

DJR210
09-12-2016, 10:59 AM
The mouse stays in the one window and I can't move to excel or other programs. I like to track my game progress, items, locations, etc. as I play. I can ATL-TAB, but the game doesn't always return.

It is poorly coded for the PC, but still a good game.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Wow...

What pathetic lives some of you must have to keep at it.

DJR210
09-12-2016, 05:24 PM
Wow...

What pathetic lives some of you must have to keep at it.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

baseline bum
09-12-2016, 05:44 PM
How long is this game fun for? A half hour? :lol

DJR210
09-13-2016, 08:49 AM
How long is this game fun for? A half hour? :lol

Depends how much drugs you're on

baseline bum
09-13-2016, 10:32 AM

You're on a lot right? How long did you last on it man?

Leetonidas
09-15-2016, 08:26 AM

can confirm

DJR210
09-15-2016, 09:41 AM
can confirm

:lol :tu

baseline bum
09-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Fuck man, Star Citizen is going to do procedurally generated planets too. Maybe it'll be an even more epic of a fail.

Cry Havoc
09-24-2016, 08:06 PM
Fuck man, Star Citizen is going to do procedurally generated planets too. Maybe it'll be an even more epic of a fail.

There's nothing wrong with procedural generation as long as it's done the right way.

09-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Cry Havoc = the next wild cobra tbh?

Monostradamus
09-26-2016, 01:15 PM
You're on a lot right? How long did you last on it man?
I got about 10-12 hrs in before I realized the game would be an endless repeat of the same crap I'd been doing. If you go in knowing how little substance the game has, you might last a couple hours at the most.

DJR210
09-26-2016, 01:25 PM
There's nothing wrong with procedural generation as long as it's done the right way.

Translation: "I'll be purchasing 8 1440p monitors for Star Citizen and my trackers"

09-26-2016, 02:20 PM
Translation: "I'll be purchasing 8 1440p monitors for Star Citizen and my trackers"

Reck
09-26-2016, 04:25 PM
This is why I wait at least a month or two before buying a supposed good game.

I even did it with Uncharted 4. I ain't about wasting money these days.

Wild Cobra
09-26-2016, 05:37 PM
This is why I wait at least a month or two before buying a supposed good game.

I even did it with Uncharted 4. I ain't about wasting money these days.

I usually wait. I was ready for something I didn't have. There are some difficult tasks to do in the game, but there is too much of the same thing before you get that far.

DJR210
09-26-2016, 06:01 PM
Is Steam refunding 1440p monitors too?

Wild Cobra
09-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Is Steam refunding 1440p monitors too?

Huh?

I have no problems on mine.

Cry Havoc
09-26-2016, 09:10 PM

Why buy 8 monitors when I can buy one Vive?

DJR210
09-26-2016, 10:26 PM
Why buy 8 monitors when I can buy one Vive?

Excel doesn't look as nice on Vive :td

Cry Havoc
09-26-2016, 10:53 PM
Excel doesn't look as nice on Vive :td

:pctoss

IVE BEEN LIED TO ALL ALONG

09-27-2016, 05:48 AM

DJR210
09-28-2016, 12:46 PM
:lol No Man's Sky devs being investigated for misleading advertising

:lol buying full price indie games

:lol these days you would have to be tarded to buy a game at launch, not to mention an independent one

:lol six 4k projectors, four GTX 1080's, No Man's Sky, and one copy of Excel Special Founders Edition Gold

Wild Cobra
09-28-2016, 06:59 PM

:lol these days you would have to be tarded to buy a game at launch, not to mention an independent one

:lol six 4k projectors, four GTX 1080's, No Man's Sky, and one copy of Excel Special Founders Edition Gold

How much did you have to practice to make such stupid remarks, or does it come natural to you?

Do other people really find you funny?

I'll bet you have no sexy women in your life...

baseline bum
09-28-2016, 07:43 PM
^ this nigga has never seen Valentine tbh

DJR210
09-28-2016, 08:12 PM
How much did you have to practice to make such stupid remarks, or does it come natural to you?

Do other people really find you funny?

:lmao says the Google map stalking 55 year old man who tracks video game accomplishments on Excel trackers

DJR210
09-28-2016, 08:13 PM
^ this nigga has never seen Valentine tbh

:lol exactly.. She changed her name though lol.. her name is Delia or some shit now, her spot got too hot apparently

Cry Havoc
09-28-2016, 08:14 PM

Just the ones he found on google maps.

DJR210
09-28-2016, 08:15 PM
Just the ones he found on google maps.

:lmao :tu

140, were you around for the Google Maps scandal?

baseline bum
09-28-2016, 09:39 PM
:lol exactly.. She changed her name though lol.. her name is Delia or some shit now, her spot got too hot apparently

Didn't she get fat anyways tho? :depressed

DJR210
09-28-2016, 11:13 PM
Didn't she get fat anyways tho? :depressed

"Fat" is subjective

09-29-2016, 08:40 AM

09-29-2016, 08:42 AM
:lmao :tu

140 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49590), were you around for the Google Maps scandal?
I wasn't, must have been a great time tbh :lol Someone link me or bump this shit pls

DJR210
09-29-2016, 09:12 AM
I wasn't, must have been a great time tbh :lol Someone link me or bump this shit pls

:lmao Cry Havoc probably remembers the thread title

Cry Havoc
09-29-2016, 11:59 PM
:lmao Cry Havoc probably remembers the thread title

Bitch please

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117205

Leetonidas
09-30-2016, 08:42 AM
did they add anything to this game yet or what

DJR210
09-30-2016, 03:28 PM
did they add anything to this game yet or what

A class action lawsuit maybe

baseline bum
09-30-2016, 03:31 PM
I heard they added more mining and turned up the saturation a bit on the color palette.

DJR210
09-30-2016, 07:55 PM

I might have to give the special poverty edition of this one a try now

:lmao just to force chinky bitches to watch you piss :tu