PDA

View Full Version : OT: USA Is Once Again Showing Their Athletic Dominance

Darth_Pelican
08-17-2016, 10:38 AM
As always, the USA is dominating the medal count at the Olympics, once again showing that they are athletically superior to any country when it comes to a cumulative plethora of sporting events that measure both athleticism and skill. The majority of great athletes have been and always will be from the USA.

Cue the anti-American ST crew:
:cry but, but Soccer
:cry but, but USA is only good in beisbol and football

Final Medal Count:

Country
G (http://www.espn.com/olympics/summer/2016/medals/_/view/overview/sort/gold)
S (http://www.espn.com/olympics/summer/2016/medals/_/view/overview/sort/silver)
B (http://www.espn.com/olympics/summer/2016/medals/_/view/overview/sort/bronze)
TOTAL (http://www.espn.com/olympics/summer/2016/medals/_/view/overview/sort/total)

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/countries/500/USA.png&w=40 USA

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/countries/500/CHN.png&w=40 CHN

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/countries/500/GBR.png&w=40 GBR

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/countries/500/RUS.png&w=40 RUS

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/countries/500/GER.png&w=40 GER

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/countries/500/FRA.png&w=40 FRA

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/countries/500/JPN.png&w=40 JPN

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/countries/500/AUS.png&w=40 AUS

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/countries/500/ITA.png&w=40 ITA

Clipper Nation
08-17-2016, 10:47 AM
:cry "But, but, Muricans are all fat! They aren't 'chiseled' like all those skinnyfat Eurotrash soccer players!" :cry

:lol Povertyball
:lol The poverty krew

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 10:47 AM
Water is wet.

In addition:

All time leader in Tennis Grand Slam Majors.

All time leader in boxing world champions.

All time leader in golf major champions.

2nd all time on the Winter Olympic medal count.

Competitive in ice hockey, volleyball, waterpolo, with multiple gold medals and world titles won.

Soccer?

Women's sport here, and the USWNT are the GOATS.

We also flirted with rugby once upon-a-time, and won back-to-back Olympic golds :lol

K...
08-17-2016, 10:51 AM
The only pure sports is running and weightlifting. America isn't dominant in either.

Our advantage is organizing, training, population, and other factors

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 10:52 AM
What also irritates the shit out of me is how these Caribbean sprinters and European swimmers who are beating us go to college here, take advantage of all the world class training facilities a D1 uni provides, and then win gold for their 3rd world country at our expense.

Girl who dove against Felix goes to Georgia.

110 men's hurdler gold medalist. Goes to Arkansas.

Katinka Hosszu, won 3 golds in swimming, went to USC.

Clipper Nation
08-17-2016, 10:56 AM
What also irritates the shit out of me is how these Caribbean sprinters and European swimmers who are beating us go to college here, take advantage of all the world class training facilities a D1 uni provides, and then win gold for their 3rd world country at our expense.

Think of it this way: the rest of the world only ever gets medals because America puts in the money and hard work to win it for them. Even when the US loses, we win :lol

Clipper Nation
08-17-2016, 10:57 AM
The only pure sports is running and weightlifting. America isn't dominant in either.

Our advantage is organizing, training, population, and other factors
:lol at two of the most steroid-fueled sports on the planet being the "only pure sports."

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 11:04 AM
Think of it this way: the rest of the world only ever gets medals because America puts in the money and hard work to win it for them. Even when the US loses, we win :lol

Like I always say. The most benevolent superpower to ever exist.

You think China would openly welcome the athletes of other countries into their ping-pong and weightlifting programs?

I don't mind sharing scientific, medical, technological discoveries with the rest of the world. Those things should be "humanity's," but sports isn't life and death.

FkLA
08-17-2016, 11:04 AM

Shouldnt you be irritated at the Murican schools who offer them scholarships? Can't fault a kid for accepting a full ride for college tbh.

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 11:18 AM
Shouldnt you be irritated at the Murican schools who offer them scholarships? Can't fault a kid for accepting a full ride for college tbh.

Of course you can't. :lol But they aren't accepting it to "learn." D1 gives talented 3rd world athlete full ride. 3rd worlder can't pass it up, because D1 training facilities are among the world's best. Athlete wins an olympic medal, which enhances the reputation of the school. Rinse, repeat.

You know me. I'm all about appreciating the person, country, society that GAVE you the chance rather than play "my heritage" cards.

FkLA
08-17-2016, 11:36 AM
Of course you can't. :lol But they aren't accepting it to "learn." D1 gives talented 3rd world athlete full ride. 3rd worlder can't pass it up, because D1 training facilities are among the world's best. Athlete wins an olympic medal, which enhances the reputation of the school. Rinse, repeat.

You know me. I'm all about appreciating the person, country, society that GAVE you the chance rather than play "my heritage" cards.

Eh you make it seem like those colleges make these athletes. I disagree with that. Those athletes being offered scholarships are already elite. Jamaicans typically dominate short distances so it's definitely possible for Carribean athletes to win without D1 resources.

td4mvp2k
08-17-2016, 11:46 AM
footsie is a sport for women and children in murica and why its ranked at the bottom tbh

benefactor
08-17-2016, 11:52 AM
:lol today's world

DAF86
08-17-2016, 12:29 PM
So you are telling me a country the size of a continent, which bombs other countries when needed of some financial boost, is leading the olympics? Shocking :wow

This thread is like the 15 year old boy bragging about beating on his 6 year old brother. :lol

Also:

:lol Olympics
:lol All the sports jammed in one event, with a whole lot more countries being represented, and still can't beat the WC.

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 12:33 PM
So you are telling me a country the size of a continent, which bombs other countries when needed of some financial boost, is leading the olympics? Shocking :wow

This thread is like the 15 year old boy bragging about beating on his 6 year old brother. :lol

Basically what the rest of the world is to us :toast

spursistan
08-17-2016, 12:33 PM
Great Britain has built nicely on their 2012 games..outstanding Olympics in variety of sports..neck and neck with China in the medal tables with just few days left :wow

Clipper Nation
08-17-2016, 12:58 PM

Also:

:lol All the sports jammed in one event, with a whole lot more countries being represented, and still can't beat the WC.
:lol Butthurt
:lol Argentina: 3 medals
:lol Less medals than Ethiopia, Iran, Cuba, and North Korea

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 01:09 PM
A large part of this year's large number of medals is Russian athletes being barred from competition for alleged doping practice. This isnt exclusive to russia either as most of the US competition have been forced to excercise practices they have never practiced and in VERY SHORT notice.

The USA is just way more advanced in terms pf hiding their own rampant but way more advanced doping practice. Take Armstrong for instance, he was caught only because of a blower while his Euro conpetitio were caught abd most of then during the conpetition due to a difference in technique in hiding doping.

Also, the US is the richest country in the world..war is very profitable business and middle eastern blood is cheap..with close to 400k people. Only China and India have bigger populations if i an not mistaken.

Brazil
08-17-2016, 01:22 PM

It goes both ways... american take advantage to train with the best of the best... the benefit is clearly shared between guest and host in that case...

and again :lol at third world wordbish

Also in proportion (medals per habitant) Great Britain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, Hungaria > USA in the olympics... now to be fair if you take in proportion of healthy citizen (meaning not overweighted whales), yeah USA is clearly number 1

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 01:22 PM
A large part of this year's large number of medals is Russian athletes being barred from competition for alleged doping practice. This isnt exclusive to russia either as most of the US competition have been forced to excercise practices they have never practiced and in VERY SHORT notice.

The USA is just way more advanced in terms pf hiding their own rampant but way more advanced doping practice. Take Armstrong for instance, he was caught only because of a blower while his Euro conpetitio were caught abd most of then during the conpetition due to a difference in technique in hiding doping.

Also, the US is the richest country in the world..war is very profitable business and middle eastern blood is cheap..with close to 400k people. Only China and India have bigger populations if i an not mistaken.

We're on pace to win less golds this year than in 2012, which featured a full Russian field.

We were also dominating the Olympics way before modern doping practices, so the excuse we're only better because we dope better doesn't hold.

I'm not claiming genetic superiority or anything silly like that, but the reason the US are good at a wide range of sports is because of our geographical size (in most cities, even small and remote ones, there be will a field or court within walking distance and most US residences also have enough space in their yards to play sports), variety of climates, and importance of high school sports (I don't think the rest of the world takes high school sports as seriously as we do. Their junior sports are typically focused on training soccer players it seems).

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 01:27 PM
It goes both ways... american take advantage to train with the best of the best... the benefit is clearly shared between guest and host in that case...

and again :lol at third world wordbish

Also in proportion (medals per habitant) Great Britain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, Hungaria > USA in the olympics... now to be fair if you take in proportion of healthy citizen (meaning not overweighted whales), yeah USA is clearly number 1

Medals per capita is a silly argument.

There's only a finite number of medals to win and you also can't assume linear growth, that if the Netherlands had 30 times more people they would win 30 times more medals. Returns always diminish. Always.

Per capita also places impossible expectations on larger countries. To match a 10 million populated country that won 5 golds, we'd have to win 160 golds. That ain't happening.

I'd argue they became the "best" after they were trained in the D1 university system.

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 01:32 PM
We're on pace to win less golds this year than in 2012, which featured a full Russian field.

We were also dominating the Olympics way before modern doping practices, so the excuse we're only better because we dope better doesn't hold.

I'm not claiming genetic superiority or anything silly like that, but the reason the US are good at a wide range of sports is because of our geographical size (in most cities, even small and remote ones, there be will a field or court within walking distance and most US residences also have enough space in their yards to play sports), variety of climates, and importance of high school sports (I don't think the rest of the world takes high school sports as seriously as we do. Their junior sports are typically focused on training soccer players it seems).

The reason why the US is so dominant is because they are rich and have the needed population to utilize the blood resources available. It's simple as that.

It's the same reason why foreign athletes go to the US...not only do they have the money to provide the best training and best facilities in the world, they also have a large population to offer diverse and challenging competition.

China is rich but in microscale, their muncipalitoes are really poor. Russia is corrupt and India is obviously super poor.

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 01:38 PM
I personally don't buy the per capita bs..

I think population is part of a nations strength. Not the US fault they have more people...not to mention there's still a good percentage of white people in the US that produce a healthy amount of kids, blacks have sex like rabits and dont get me started with mexicans.

In comparison, Their european counterparts..even the poor ones have declining population..no wonder all their women get fucked around by middle easter men.

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 01:41 PM
The reason why the US is so dominant is because they are rich and have the needed population to utilize the blood resources available. It's simple as that.

It's the same reason why foreign athletes go to the US...not only do they have the money to provide the best training and best facilities in the world, they also have a large population to offer diverse and challenging competition.

China is rich but in microscale, their muncipalitoes are really poor. Russia is corrupt and India is obviously super poor.

Yes. I agree. And that's what I was implying. Our wealth leads to having houses with big yards, gyms in every city, high schools that have state of the art training facilities, etc, etc. I just hate the "doping" excuse. As if we'd be ineffectual without doping or are dirtier than any other country.

I also think the doping problem is overblown now, for every country. Not a lot of world records are being challenged. Many records from the Cold War Era still stand today.

K...
08-17-2016, 01:44 PM
I personally don't buy the per capita bs..

I think population is part of a nations strength. Not the US fault they have more people...not to mention there's still a good percentage of white people in the US that produce a healthy amount of kids, blacks have sex like rabits and dont get me started with mexicans.

In comparison, Their european counterparts..even the poor ones have declining population..no wonder all their women get fucked around by middle easter men.

Do you know what birth control is?

Brazil
08-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Medals per capita is a silly argument.

There's only a finite number of medals to win and you also can't assume linear growth, that if the Netherlands had 30 times more people they would win 30 times more medals. Returns always diminish. Always.

Per capita also places impossible expectations on larger countries. To match a 10 million populated country that won 5 golds, we'd have to win 160 golds. That ain't happening.

I'd argue they became the "best" after they were trained in the D1 university system.

I don't disagree but you cannot either don't take into account this factor when having this kind of discussion... Cannot compare USA with Netherlands but what you can say is what Netherlands is doing in sport in general for such a small country is nothing short of being amazing more than what USA is doing. Same goes to Great Britain who is right there with powerhouses like China or Russia (even disminished).

High school is obviously a big plus but European countries have great sport programs like INSEP in France it is just another kind of organization... geographical diversity is also a big factor you are right, France is beneficiating to have it all on a small territory from mountains to sea same for Italy in a lesser extend Germany... that's why those countries are strong also in winter olympics

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Yes. I agree. And that's what I was implying. Our wealth leads to having houses with big yards, gyms in every city, high schools that have state of the art training facilities, etc, etc. I just hate the "doping" excuse. As if we'd be ineffectual without doping or are dirtier than any other country.

I also think the doping problem is overblown now, for every country. Not a lot of world records are being challenged. Many records from the Cold War Era still stand today.

The Olympic comitee is under US control, the same way the United nations, and most recently trying to control FIFA. The US is basically a subtle dictator that tries to police the world and try to take the high moral ground everytime. They are the propaganda masters of the world.

Doping is a decent part of their sucesss.

Just take that 16 year old chinese swimmer in london...The US media wouldnt stop with the media propaganda about her doping until the poor girl submitted and lost interest in her own sport.

While the media celebrates every 16 year old american athelete and an obviously doping micheal phelps.

America is a sublte dictator, tbh...A very cunning nation that likes to control the world through lies and decepting.

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 02:13 PM
The Olympic comitee is under US control, the same way the United nations, and most recently trying to control FIFA. The US is basically a subtle dictator that tries to police the world and try to take the high moral ground everytime. They are the propaganda masters of the world.

Doping is a decent part of their sucesss.

Just take that 16 year old chinese swimmer in london...The US media wouldnt stop with the media propaganda about her doping until the poor girl submitted and lost interest in her own sport.

While the media celebrates every 16 year old american athelete and an obviously doping micheal phelps.

America is a sublte dictator, tbh...A very cunning nation that likes to control the world through lies and decepting.

Proof of any of the IOC being under US control?

Ye Shiwen had a lap where she swam as fast as the men's world record holder. That's going to raise eyebrows.

Ledecky, Phelps, etc are also accused of doping because of their dominance. Phelps doesn't need to dope, though. His physical characteristics are pretty much built for swimming. It would be like accusing Kawhi of doping because his freakish length makes him the world's best defender. Bolt is similar. Dominant physiology for his sport.

I'm also okay with testing these athletes mercilessly. Before and after each event and during times where they can potentially cycle. The US doping commission had no problem stripping Gay, Marion Jones, her husband, and other athletes.

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 02:18 PM

Ye Shiwen had a lap where she swam as fast as the men's world record holder. That's going to raise eyebrows.

Ledecky, Phelps, etc are also accused of doping because of their dominance. Phelps doesn't need to dope, though. His physical characteristics are pretty much built for swimming. It would be like accusing Kawhi of doping because his freakish length makes him the world's best defender. Bolt is similar. Dominant physiology for his sport.

I'm also okay with testing these athletes mercilessly. Before and after each event and during times where they can potentially cycle. The US doping commission had no problem stripping Gay, Marion Jones, her husband, and other athletes.

Serena Williams is basically a man and no one ever questions her. Shes been doping like crazy. So my point still stands.

Phelps would still win without doping, i agree..but not at this level of dominance. He's clearly doping too as is most american athletes.

I dont personally have a problem with doping, what I have a problem with is comittees being too lenient to americans...

Can anyone show proff that UN is under mostly US control, no...but we all know damn well that it is. It's called being the strongest and riches nation in the world.

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Serena Williams is basically a man and no one ever questions her. Shes been doping like crazy. So my point still stands.

Phelps would still win without doping, i agree..but not at this level of dominance. He's clearly doping too as is most american athletes.

I dont personally have a problem with doping, what I have a problem with is comittees being too lenient to americans...

Can anyone show proff that UN is under mostly US control, no...but we all know damn well that it is. It's called being the strongest and riches nation in the world.

I just don't like cynically accusing any and all great athlete of doping until it's definitely proven, regardless of nationality. It's kind of sad that these days when any athlete dominates, the first questions is: "Are they doping?"

I'm also against doping for the fact that I want to see who is better on a level playing field. PEDs don't work the same for everyone. One guy could see massive gains using a drug, while another won't.

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 02:41 PM
I just don't like cynically accusing any and all great athlete of doping until it's definitely proven, regardless of nationality. It's kind of sad that these days when any athlete dominates, the first questions is: "Are they doping?"

I'm also against doping for the fact that I want to see who is better on a level playing field. PEDs don't work the same for everyone. One guy could see massive gains using a drug, while another won't.

Yet America has a disgusting habit of cynically accusing any Eastern Athlete of doping if they show any level pf doninance in the olmypics. Thats my point about the chinese swimmer. Some American women are basically men with a clitoris as big as TDMVPdpoy dick due to doping.

American athletes dont raise eyebrows when they dominate because they basically control the world media...outside of RT and some irrelevant eastern media, the world is under Americas narrative.

da_suns_fan
08-17-2016, 02:49 PM
The US is the same size as Europe, the same GDP as Europe and the 1/2 the population of Europe.

DAF86
08-17-2016, 02:52 PM
Agassi called it clear as day when he said he used to dope and suits would cover up for him. Meanwhile, tennis players from other parts of the World were being punished for doping left and right.

Armstrong only got called out 'cause he got on the wrong side of some powerful people. 'Till this day, one of the sweetest payback stories in the history of sports:

":cry he got cancer and now he wins bicycle races. Let's all ignore the obvious fact that he's probably doping and let's all suck on his nutless sack :cry"

K...
08-17-2016, 03:02 PM
Would anyone endorse splitting us in certain sports to increase competitiveness? Like western and eastern basketball, baseball, women's and men's soccer?

Mainly team sports. i'd definitely be interested in usa vs usa

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Agassi called it clear as day when he said he used to dope and suits would cover up for him. Meanwhile, tennis players from other parts of the World were being punished for doping left and right.

Armstrong only got called out 'cause he got on the wrong side of some powerful people. 'Till this day, one of the sweetest payback stories in the history of sports:

":cry he got cancer and now he wins bicycle races. Let's all ignore the obvious fact that he's probably doping and let's all suck on his nutless sack :cry"

Pretty much.

The Russians and Chinese have been constantly pushed out of the olympics. The US controls the Olympic comittee. Heck they even control FIFA now.

Micheal Phelps would be out of the olympics in 2010 if he was chinese or Russian.

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 03:24 PM
The US basically prospers through lies a d deception...War, sports and even certain yhings like inventions etc are heavily westernized.

If you go to an average American school, none of the kids now how The arabs basically shaped math for example.

Most benevolent super power my ass :lol

TD 21
08-17-2016, 03:32 PM

Also:

:lol Exactly. Pretending as if the playing field is equal. Typical American ignorance and arrogance.

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 03:37 PM
To be fair to America, they will still dominante even without doping advantage considering the money the make Via fake wars and propaganda.

Would still be a pretty rich nation with close to 400 million people and a better systematic approach to waelth managment than their main rivals Russia and China.

So its kinda hilarious how insecure American media can be and americans in general.

spurraider21
08-17-2016, 03:46 PM
:lmao mid the beisbol fan gets mad when roids are brought up since they nearly destroyed his sport

lefty20
08-17-2016, 04:14 PM
and we still can't fucking win a spelling bee :depressed

K...
08-17-2016, 05:11 PM
:lmao mid the beisbol fan gets mad when roids are brought up since they nearly destroyed his sport

To be fair, compared to apolsica ranting about she males and American war imperialism mid is on solid footing in this thread.

tenbeersbold
08-17-2016, 06:29 PM
I'd say its because sports are for everyone in the USA,in Europe you don't have high school sports either.
You have to pay money to join a club to play sports

Silver&Black
08-17-2016, 06:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tlsmWiV.gif

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 09:10 PM
Yet America has a disgusting habit of cynically accusing any Eastern Athlete of doping if they show any level pf doninance in the olmypics. Thats my point about the chinese swimmer. Some American women are basically men with a clitoris as big as TDMVPdpoy dick due to doping.

American athletes dont raise eyebrows when they dominate because they basically control the world media...outside of RT and some irrelevant eastern media, the world is under Americas narrative.

And I'm not in favor of that until hard proof is shown.

Russia Today :lmao

That's a mouthpiece of the Kremlin and Herr Putin.

Trainwreck2100
08-17-2016, 09:15 PM
the count is inflated by women's sports anyway

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 09:16 PM
And I'm not in favor of that until hard proof is shown.

Russia Today :lmao

That's a mouthpiece of the Kremlin and Herr Putin.

The Russians are just as bad as a propagandist as the Americans. RT is full of ridiculous stuff, but they're not America and the effect of RT is very minimal to what the US media propaganda can achieve...

At least in sports and other venues..Because in terms of world politics, they have a very strong pull..otherwise, countries like Turkey and other eastern Euros wouldbt lean towards their approach.

midnightpulp
08-17-2016, 09:21 PM
To be fair to America, they will still dominante even without doping advantage considering the money the make Via fake wars and propaganda.

Would still be a pretty rich nation with close to 400 million people and a better systematic approach to waelth managment than their main rivals Russia and China.

So its kinda hilarious how insecure American media can be and americans in general.

I find this funny, you and some others have constantly made fun of white Americans for being unathletic and such, diminish Bird's accomplishments by saying black players (who are more athletic) had to take it easy on him, diminish Bill Russell's accomplishments because his main competition were "white boys," but yet China (historically, a pretty unathletic people in track and field and swimming) and white Russians who aren't too genetically dissimilar from whites from other countries are legitimate rivals who compete cleanly.

Our Olympic dominance also has a lot to do with being a rich, first world country with a large black population, and people of West African descent are the best sprinters and jumpers on the planet. If anything, when a Chinese or Russian beats a Jamaican, African-American, etc my eyebrows definitely raise. Same if an American black were to beat a Slav or Chinese in weightlifting (Slavs and Asians have better builds for Olympic weightlifting).

I just get tired of the excuses when we win. "They dope better than us. They control the IOC. They're persecuting us."

Like I said, from day 1 we lead the gold medal count in the Olympics, and we didn't have the largest economy in the world in 1896 (that whole British Empire thing was still going on).

The Soviets were the ones who actually introduced Anabolic Steroids to sport. I'm not saying we competed clean while they were doped up, but when their sprinters are beating people of African descent, something ain't right.

Ball Buster
08-17-2016, 09:26 PM
very proud of the op, who I think is Middle Eastern, showing pride in his country over his tribe. That's refreshing to see for a change

Arcadian
08-17-2016, 09:30 PM
:lol arbitrary patriotism...

apalisoc_9
08-17-2016, 09:51 PM
Always thought the Op was a liberal knowledgable white dude. I dont go to POL enough though so i could be wrong.

Sean Cagney
08-17-2016, 11:00 PM
:cry "But, but, Muricans are all fat! They aren't 'chiseled' like all those skinnyfat Eurotrash soccer players!" :cry

:lol

benefactor
08-17-2016, 11:03 PM
:lol Exactly. Pretending as if the playing field is equal. Typical American ignorance and arrogance.
So you are a foreigner? It all makes sense now.:lol

Spurtacular
08-17-2016, 11:14 PM
I give Spain about a 25-30 percent chance of winning. USA is not dominant even if they should take the gold.

z0sa
08-17-2016, 11:15 PM
lol china with four times the population for half the medals.

Down Under
08-18-2016, 01:58 AM
Soccer sucks, but there are many countries who are doing much better at Olympics pound for pound

Caltex2
08-18-2016, 03:05 AM
As always, the USA is dominating the medal count at the Olympics, once again showing that they are athletically superior to any country when it comes to a cumulative plethora of sporting events that measure both athleticism and skill. The majority of great athletes have been and always will be from the USA.

Cue the anti-American ST crew:
:cry but, but Soccer
:cry but, but USA is only good in beisbol and football

Updated Medal Count:

Country

https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/sports/olympics/2016/medals2/ic_medal-small-gold_2x.png

https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/sports/olympics/2016/medals2/ic_medal-small-silver_2x.png

https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/sports/olympics/2016/medals2/ic_medal-small-bronze_2x.png

https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/sports/olympics/2016/medals2/ic_medal-small-total_2x.png

https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/media/sports/logos/wj9uZvn_vZrelLFGH8fnPA_48x48.png
United States

https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/media/sports/logos/6HRpt1RF_AbDUftxgVUoEw_48x48.png
Great Britain

https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/media/sports/logos/8Cr5Gw-79PpIX2rIEZ7Pvg_48x48.png
China

https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/media/sports/logos/5Y6kOqiOIv2C1sP9C_BWtA_48x48.png
Russia

https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/media/sports/logos/h1FhPLmDg9AHXzhygqvVPg_48x48.png
Germany

There's also not a country that is combined to be as big and as rich as the US and the cherry on top being we care about sports more than, say, the billion people mostly living in overcrowded conditions and playing cricket in India. That and we have everyone of every race and every athletic size. Why is this surprising? Outside China and India, the US has like 8% of the world's population and a greater share of the wealth.

Why is this surprising? We always dominate the Olympics.

Caltex2
08-18-2016, 03:15 AM

What school does/did Usain Bolt go to? I'll wait.

Caltex2
08-18-2016, 03:45 AM

If anything, the US has zero control over the IOC. The IOC is anti-American and short of them coming to their senses and alloting the games to places that can actually host them, the US won't be hosting either Olympics for the foreseeable future.

pookenstein
08-18-2016, 03:58 AM
The US is the same size as Europe, the same GDP as Europe and the 1/2 the population of Europe.

So? That's an argumet against US dominance. Just combine the medal count from Britain, Germany and France (3/4 of the dominant countries in Europe) and they beat the US count by a mile.

da_suns_fan
08-18-2016, 02:32 PM
So? That's an argumet against US dominance. Just combine the medal count from Britain, Germany and France (3/4 of the dominant countries in Europe) and they beat the US count by a mile.

True, but they would exceed population.

Im just saying based on population and GDP you can determine how many medals a country "should" produce. It doesnt mean American athletes are inherently superior.

However, if the US cared about soccer, we would probably dominate soccer as well. If you took the best athletes from a country of 300 million and a GDP 17 trillion its going to beat anyone else in the world nine times out of ten.

Caltex2
08-18-2016, 02:49 PM
But they're all different countries with different cultures. You'd be better off saying combine Australia, New Zealand and anything English speaking in the South Pacific.

pookenstein
08-18-2016, 02:56 PM
True, but they would exceed population.

Im just saying based on population and GDP you can determine how many medals a country "should" produce. It doesnt mean American athletes are inherently superior.

However, if the US cared about soccer, we would probably dominate soccer as well. If you took the best athletes from a country of 300 million and a GDP 17 trillion its going to beat anyone else in the world nine times out of ten.

US population: >324.000.000
Germany/France/GB: <210.000.000. That's roughly two thirds of the US population. (I got the numbers from wikipedia, they should be fairly accurate).

GDP the US is more than the one third ahead of F/GB/G that they have more in population, I give you that. I only did a quick google search and it provided me with 2013 data, which had the US at >16 billion and F/GB/G at a combined >9billion.

I doubt you'd dominate at football, but I don't want to get in, or start another football debate.

pookenstein
08-18-2016, 02:58 PM
But they're all different countries with different cultures. You'd be better off saying combine Australia, New Zealand and anything English speaking in the South Pacific.

Who do you mean? I bet Germans, Frenchies and Brits have more in common than Texans and Alaskans (if that's what you call them).

TD 21
08-18-2016, 03:54 PM
So you are a foreigner? It all makes sense now.:lol

I'm a foreigner for telling it like it is? :lol

Brazil
08-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Germany/France/GB: <210.000.000. That's roughly two thirds of the US population. (I got the numbers from wikipedia, they should be fairly accurate).

GDP the US is more than the one third ahead of F/GB/G that they have more in population, I give you that. I only did a quick google search and it provided me with 2013 data, which had the US at >16 billion and F/GB/G at a combined >9billion.

I doubt you'd dominate at football, but I don't want to get in, or start another football debate.

:lol exactly...

We suck at soccer but only because we don't care :lmao....

lefty20
08-18-2016, 04:41 PM

There are always exceptions, tbh.

Clipper Nation
08-18-2016, 04:43 PM
BALCO Academy.

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 07:49 PM

Not really, bro.

US athletes in Rio: 554

GB/German/French athletes in Rio: 1186

Favorites don't always win medals, either.

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 08:20 PM
Former baseball player and proud American Ashton Eaton is once again the best athlete in the world :toast

tonight...you
08-18-2016, 08:25 PM
Former baseball player and proud American Ashton Eaton is once again the best athlete in the world :toast
That guy is truly incredible and deserves more attention. America cares about the Deca about as much as they care about Rugby. Sad.

da_suns_fan
08-18-2016, 08:53 PM

I meant the population of Europe, not those two specific countries.

And I dont see how you can argue against math. Again, its not bragging. Its simply the number of athletes from which to draw from.

The US has more all-time olympic medals than Great Britain, Germany and France combined:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Olympic_Games_medal_table

K...
08-18-2016, 09:56 PM
Then Ryan Lochte shows Americans are uniquely dumb. Great job America, if he were black he'd be jailed already

midnightpulp
08-18-2016, 10:35 PM
Then Ryan Lochte shows Americans are uniquely dumb. Great job America, if he were black he'd be jailed already

Lochte is a dipshit. Always has been. Let Brazil throw the book at his swaggy ass for all I care.

But overall, we've been stellar guests, showing sportsmanship at every opportunity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/video_previews/n/o/nozdzknte6-v_alkh6mmijeg88i267hp-large.jpg

http://cdnph.upi.com/pv/upi/8a0c4c21ce8caff452dc1b8dbf67304b/RIO-OLYMPICS.jpg

Meanwhile, the French guy was off pouting because he got boo'ed (Brazilian fans were in the wrong for boo'ing, but the French guy kind of acted like a baby).

Caltex2
08-18-2016, 11:21 PM
BALCO Academy.

If UB was a steroid user, so was pretty much everyone else, especially someone like his wannabe (look to the side and see if he won) Chris Gatlin. He's fast regardless of anything he may have done illegally. You can't eat or rub on height and size (which means he has more leg muscles and fewer steps to take than the typical runner).

Koolaid_Man
08-19-2016, 06:32 AM
We need a new private ass fucked competition in the Olympics so Tammy Tits can finally go for the Gold

hater
08-19-2016, 06:42 AM
Black people with full bellies showing their dominance IMO

:lol USA

Thread
08-19-2016, 10:00 AM

Yep.

Splits
08-19-2016, 10:50 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqOpMe5VMAAd6eG.jpg

Thread
08-19-2016, 10:57 AM
^He's a pile of shit liarPERIOD

Kawhitstorm
08-19-2016, 01:17 PM
What also irritates the shit out of me is how these Caribbean sprinters and European swimmers who are beating us go to college here, take advantage of all the world class training facilities a D1 uni provides, and then win gold for their 3rd world country at our expense. .

Caribbean sprinters sweeping the men/women's marquee sprint events (100/200) WITHOUT stepping a foot at D1 colleges.:lmao
-Bolt
-Thompson

-WVN (trained w/ Bolt to OBLITERATE Michael Johnson's 400m record)

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

midnightpulp
08-19-2016, 07:22 PM
Caribbean sprinters sweeping the men/women's marquee sprint events (100/200) WITHOUT stepping a foot at D1 colleges.:lmao
-Bolt
-Thompson

-WVN (trained w/ Bolt to OBLITERATE Michael Johnson's 400m record)

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

Obviously wasn't referring to Bolt.

Bahamas chick - Georgia Bulldog

Omar McCleod - Arkansas

Kirani James (silver in the 400) - Alabama

Derek Drouin (Canada) - Indiana

And too many swimmers to name.

I ain't THAT mad about it, but this is sports, and I want to stack more medals :lol

It'd be like a shooter from a rival team working with Chip all off-season and then drilling us in the playoffs.

midnightpulp
08-19-2016, 07:51 PM
And the Greek leading the women's pole vaulting went to Stanford and was a multiple time Pac-10 champ. :lol

Per Par.

midnightpulp
08-19-2016, 07:59 PM
That guy is truly incredible and deserves more attention. America cares about the Deca about as much as they care about Rugby. Sad.

Track and field needs more attention here. I wish there was a domestic pro league that paid well so it could draw some athletes who would otherwise be mediocre fooobaw players (Jeff Demps, et al). When a 34 year old former doper Justin Gatlin is still our best short distance sprinter, you know a lot of athletes here aren't pursuing track after college.

apalisoc_9
08-19-2016, 08:14 PM
Gatlins downfall is that hes 5'10....

midnightpulp
08-19-2016, 08:42 PM

That is supposed to be "ideal" sprinter height until Bolt changed the game. Problem for us now is that any 6'4-6'5" speed freak will have NFL dreams rather than Olympic dreams.

tonight...you
08-19-2016, 09:05 PM
Track and field needs more attention here. I wish there was a domestic pro league that paid well so it could draw some athletes who would otherwise be mediocre fooobaw players (Jeff Demps, et al). When a 34 year old former doper Justin Gatlin is still our best short distance sprinter, you know a lot of athletes here aren't pursuing track after college.
Well yeah, there's little incentive right now. It's always about money on all ends. A pro league would be great, but who's going to watch it? There are a couple of very fun sports to watch (Rugby, for one) that America completely ignores.
We ignore track also, except for the Olympics. No pro league until an investor(s) feels like they can make money off of it.

benefactor
08-19-2016, 09:23 PM
If you took the four fastest DBs/WRs in the NFL and gave them ample time to prepare they would obliterate the Jamaican sprint team.

apalisoc_9
08-19-2016, 09:26 PM
If you took the four fastest DBs/WRs in the NFL and gave them ample time to prepare they would obliterate the Jamaican sprint team.

Typical american dumbass comment.

midnightpulp
08-19-2016, 09:29 PM
Well yeah, there's little incentive right now. It's always about money on all ends. A pro league would be great, but who's going to watch it? There are a couple of very fun sports to watch (Rugby, for one) that America completely ignores.
We ignore track also, except for the Olympics. No pro league until an investor(s) feels like they can make money off of it.

Yep. This is why I'm against a mono sporting cultural. And I fear this country's rabid obsession with football is going to eventually lead to too much poaching of potential talent that can excel in other sports. Because foooobaaawww is the only sport "we" care about now.

We used to dominate men's tennis. No more.

Our men's 100/200m sprinting program is complete shit by past standards.

We didn't medal in the 110m hurdles.

Zero relevant heavyweight boxers in the last 15 years,

And as far as our domestic sports. Ice Hockey ratings and general interest is tanking. Baseball is decently healthy, but the World Series struggles to beat regular season fooobaw. The NBA is more about Lebron, individual stars, and social media antics than the sport.

And fooobaw just keeps growing.

apalisoc_9
That is supposed to be "ideal" sprinter height until Bolt changed the game. Problem for us now is that any 6'4-6'5" speed freak will have NFL dreams rather than Olympic dreams.

Lol...no.

The US soends the most money in athletics and have by far the most athelete. Do you think everyone else spend more time on it than the states? :lol

The US put more in athletics than any other nation...heck combined the top 8 athletics nation and they wouldnt even sniff the US numbers in terms of athletics...not evem close.

td4mvp2k

true primetime would of made bolt his bish tbh

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-19-2016, 09:31 PM

Oh, the hypocrisy :lol

apalisoc_9
08-19-2016, 09:33 PM
Yep. This is why I'm against a mono sporting cultural. And I fear this country's rabid obsession with football is going to eventually lead to too much poaching of potential talent that can excel in other sports. Because foooobaaawww is the only sport "we" care about now.

And as far as our domestic sports. Ice Hockey ratings and general interest is tanking. Baseball is decently healthy, but the World Series struggles to beat regular season fooobaw. The NBA is more about Lebron, individual stars, and social media antics than the sport.

Handegg has become more of a patriotic thing to follow rather than Enjoyment tbh. Handegg get togethers are always funny because 9/10 watchers a re clueless yanks who watch it cause it murica...

Soccer offers by far the most passion...Hockey and basketball are pretty decent. Heck i prefer being around fatball fans than handegg fans...at least theres more people that know the sport rather than causals cause "murica"

midnightpulp

I don't think so, bro. Bolt has an insane physical advantage with his height, and this ample time would need to be a decade of focusing on nothing other than sprinting from a young age.

Odds are, though, we'll produce a potential Bolt. He's out there right now, but he won't be a sprinter, he'll be the next Calvin Johnson or something. Can't blame 'em. No money in sprinting unless you are a GOAT.

benefactor
Typical american dumbass comment.

You're kidding yourself if you think those four guys the US trotted out there tonight are the fastest guys in the country. The guys that are faster than them care more about making money than they do being broke ass track stars.

apalisoc_9
08-19-2016, 09:36 PM

You're kidding yourself if you think those four guys the US trotted out there tonight are the fastest guys in the country. The guys that are faster than them care more about making money than they do being broke ass track stars.

Those are the fastest guys in the US..your dumbass seem to think some football player can outrun Justin Gatlin. Do you fatsos know how hard it is to run the 100 at 10.0 and under.. ?

Shit requires years of special training.

apalisoc_9
08-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Ample time to prepare :lmao
murica :lmao

What an ignorant comment

midnightpulp
08-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Handegg has become more of a patriotic thing to follow rather than Enjoyment tbh. Handegg get togethers are always funny because 9/10 watchers a re clueless yanks who watch it cause it murica...

Soccer offers by far the most passion...Hockey and basketball are pretty decent. Heck i prefer being around fatball fans than handegg fans...at least theres more people that know the sport rather than causals cause "murica"

Basketball fans here in the US are the biggest bunch of casuals imaginable. Terrible fans. Only care about Lebron, "storylines," and highlight worthy plays. Baseball fans are probably the most hardcore. You have to be in order to follow a team through 162 games and sort through 10,000 different types of stats. Fooobaw fans are also hardcore but a great deal of them are more fantasy nuts than real fans and casuals who just want to get together every Sunday and bar-b-que or something.

benefactor
08-19-2016, 09:39 PM
I don't think so, bro. Bolt has an insane physical advantage with his height, and this ample time would need to be a decade of focusing on nothing other than sprinting from a young age.

Odds are, though, we'll produce a potential Bolt. He's out there right now, but he won't be a sprinter, he'll be the next Calvin Johnson or something. Can't blame 'em. No money in sprinting unless you are a GOAT.
They might not have a Bolt, but they could put together the four best legs. Most pro DBs/WRs ran track from a young age in addition to playing football. They just chose the money. I don't think the transition would be that difficult. Give them two years working together and they win convincingly.

apalisoc_9
Basketball fans here in the US are the biggest bunch of casuals imaginable. Terrible fans. Only care about Lebron, "storylines," and highlight worthy plays. Baseball fans are probably the most hardcore. You have to be in order to follow a team through 162 games and sort through 10,000 different types of stats. Fooobaw fans are also hardcore but a great deal of them are more fantasy nuts than real fans and casuals who just want to get together every Sunday and bar-b-que or something.

Not from my experience. I say the casual basketball fan know more than the patriotic handegg casual fan.

apalisoc_9
They might not have a Bolt, but they could put together the four best legs. Most pro DBs/WRs ran track from a young age in addition to playing football. They just chose the money. I don't think the transition would be that difficult. Give them two years working together and they win convincingly.

:lmao

midnightpulp
08-19-2016, 09:44 PM

I totally agree our fastest citizens wind up in football, but I think the transition would be tough after years of specifically training to be an NFL player. Not to mention the way football bangs you up. A 25 year old WR is probably less healthy than a 30 year old sprinter.

tonight...you
08-19-2016, 09:46 PM

I was born in South Texas, in the 70's, so I was indoctrinated into Dallas Cowboys Football before I could talk.
Basketball and the Spurs became my second sport in 1988 from watching a random game on the TV. It even got me to join and play for my HS basketball team.

I tried to get into Soccer. My wife is Mexican and she has those basic Mexican loves: Baseball and Futbol. I tried. I liked baseball, that was no problem. There was so much strategy from moment to moment in baseball that I could instantly recognize.
That was cool and we, here in El Paso, have a great little stadium to watch our AAA team.

But soccer's different. I got it, but I couldn't get into it. I liked the lack of commercials and when a team would get into a scoring position, but the rest of it was lost on me. Maybe my fault...

Then I watched Rugby Union. Holy shit. It was like soccer, but fun to watch. Those guys go til they are dying, by the end of the match. Warriors. So Rugby has become my 3rd sport, and is fast becoming my 2nd sport the more I watch it.

Really good shit.

midnightpulp
08-19-2016, 09:47 PM
Not from my experience. I say the casual basketball fan know more than the patriotic handegg casual fan.

If you've only encountered Spurs fans, yes. But generally, NBA "fans" are pretty ignorant.

benefactor
08-19-2016, 09:58 PM
I totally agree our fastest citizens wind up in football, but I think the transition would be tough after years of specifically training to be an NFL player. Not to mention the way football bangs you up. A 25 year old WR is probably less healthy than a 30 year old sprinter.
I would counter that by saying they get even faster in the league with all the specialized speed training techniques they receive to increase explosiveness. I can see the injury angle though. I still say of healthy and with a couple years back on the track they could get it done. We might or might not have a guy that could take Bolt down in the 100/200, but they'd dominate the relay.

Splits
08-19-2016, 10:54 PM

5'10" is also the ideal height of a fatbol player if he checks in around 250 lbs. Smaller strike zone, can still pound beers, fried chicken and chimney smoke during games without anyone being the wiser.

midnightpulp
08-19-2016, 11:01 PM
5'10" is also the ideal height of a fatbol player if he checks in around 250 lbs. Smaller strike zone, can still pound beers, fried chicken and chimney smoke during games without anyone being the wiser.

Too bad the fatbol meme isn't based in reality.

13.8% body fat league wide :hat

99 Problems
08-19-2016, 11:44 PM
I'm a non rugby person but the Rugby 7s at the Olympics was brilliant. Anybody watch that stuff?

Kawhitstorm
08-20-2016, 03:47 AM
It'd be like a shooter from a rival team working with Chip all off-season and then drilling us in the playoffs.

The US gymnastic coach is Romanian:lol

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 05:23 AM
The US gymnastic coach is Romanian:lol

The Karoylis are American citizens though and have lived here for almost 40 years. And now a days, they're basically babysitters. The individual athletes are coached by their personal coaches and gyms.

ex. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aimee_Boorman

Clipper Nation
08-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Casual fans of anything are equally stupid, tbh. There's not much of a difference between Porker fluffers and people who think Cum Newton and Struggle Wilson are good quarterbacks.

hater
08-20-2016, 09:43 AM
Wonder what white Americans think about not being able to represent their country animore due to their athletic limitation?

Mikeanaro
08-20-2016, 09:54 AM

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Handegg

“ (https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Handegg)

Egghands and Baseball were invented so the American "athlete" (https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Fat) would only run 10-30 seconds every couple of minutes or not at all. And every time a team loses possession of the ball they take a short break and have a snack. Fucking Americans creating sports where they can still be fat and lazy.

—Accurate analysis (https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Truth)

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 10:12 AM
Wonder what white Americans think about not being able to represent their country animore due to their athletic limitation?

I would imagine they're okay with it.

http://www.topicboss.com/image/photo/michael-phelps-medals/michael-phelps-medals-1236198.jpg

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2016/08/ryan-murphy-conor-dwyer-medals-olympics-swimming-events.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_e-LkXgHQkY/UQod0Kj-99I/AAAAAAAAAXY/rvQ3mfVs3cI/w1200-h630-p-nu/Esther+Lofgren+%2526+the+2012+U.S.+Women%2527s+Olm pic+Gold+Medal-Winning+Rowing+Team.jpeg

http://www.csnnw.com/sites/csnnw/files/styles/article_hero_image/public/2016/08/18/usatsi_9483153_0.jpg?itok=kfjwRG0N

http://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/img/editorial/2016/08/15/103869590-GettyImages-589474344.530x298.jpg?v=1471276282

How's Colombia doing?

Most notable athlete is a woman :lol

No hate, though. I'm Southern Californian, so BMX is in my blood, and Pajon is a beast and quite the looker.

http://www.kienyke.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/mariana_pajon_1.jpg

lefty
08-20-2016, 12:25 PM
:lol losing to Japan

Silver&Black
08-20-2016, 12:31 PM
LkrFan

Get in here and :downspin: this shit

http://i.imgur.com/4zVigLwl.png

:lol Better hurry up and win a gold medal
:lol Won't be able to mention Duncan not winning one ever again
:lol The Silver was in 20km women's walking (:lmao)

Kawhitstorm
08-20-2016, 12:58 PM
http://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/img/editorial/2016/08/15/103869590-GettyImages-589474344.530x298.jpg?v=1471276282

Ledecky can't run a 9 minute mile or complete 5 unassisted pulls ups but she sure can dominate a segregated sport.:lol #whiteprivilage

Fabbs
08-20-2016, 01:35 PM
I don't follow Dyke Ball, is this US Womens Basketball team the best USA team ever?
The best DykeBall team ever globally?

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 01:58 PM
Ledecky can't run a 9 minute mile or complete 5 unassisted pulls ups but she sure can dominate a segregated sport.:lol #whiteprivilage

And Usain Bolt has never ran a mile and would probably die before completing 1500m swimming.

Swimming>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>physically taxing than running.

Kawhitstorm
08-20-2016, 03:29 PM
And Usain Bolt has never ran a mile and would probably die before completing 1500m swimming.

Swimming>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>physically taxing than running.

Pretty sure a Kenyan marathon runners could complete a 1500m better than your average "9 minute mile" couch potato & female sprinters can complete more than 3 unassisted pulls ups.:lol

When he had Ledecky undergo a battery of physical-assessment tests at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, one of the first sentences of the opening summary, according to Gemmell, referred to her as “remarkably unremarkable.”

Kris "half-black" Humphries used to bust Phelps ass but swimming is more physically taxing than basketball.:cry:cry:cry

"I was so good at a young age that I got a little burnt out," Humphries said. "I also grew up in the Michael Jordan era ... for me, I watched [basketball] and saw it as a challenge. It's hard to stay focused on something when you have a ton of success at a young age, so I picked up basketball a little later and rolled with that."

You had one black swimmer on the US team & she won Gold that's 1-to-1 ratio of black swimmers to Gold medals.:hat

........just wait till Kenyans have access to Olympic sized pools like Missy "no medals" Franklin. :wow

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Pretty sure a Kenyan marathon runner could complete a 1500m swim without dying if they lived in the pool & female sprinters can complete more than 3 unassisted pulls ups.:lol

Why do you fetishize black athletes so much, bro? It's like you think that if they just had the "opportunity," they would dominate because they're good at basketball and running.

Blacks will never be on the level of white swimmers due to physiology as much as a white will be on the level of black sprinters and Kenyan distance runners. And Asians and Slavs are tailormade for weightlifting.

By contrast, whites tend to have the advantage in swimming, where a longer torso allows for faster speeds.

"Swimming actually generates a wave. The sport is the art of surfacing on that wave. When the wave is bigger – because the torso is longer – they go faster," Bejan said.

The study was published online this week in the International Journal of Design and Nature and Ecodynamics.

And you conveniently left out this point about Ledecky:

When he began coaching Ledecky in 2012

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 04:19 PM
Gonna laugh when Serbia hands these ass clowns the silver, tbh.

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 04:20 PM

Schtick

TD 21
08-20-2016, 06:01 PM
Ample time to prepare :lmao
murica :lmao

What an ignorant comment

:lmao At this notion or the NFL having the best athletes. I don't care how popular it is in America, the vast majority aren't in the same league with NBA players.

Caltex2
08-20-2016, 07:14 PM

WTF, didn't you just see Simone Manuel win a bunch of gold medals in swimming?

HarlemHeat37
08-20-2016, 07:29 PM
I've only been following Track, since it's something I did throughout my teens until my early 20s, tbh..one of my old training friends actually competed in Rio for Canada in the hurdles, this year..

While it's certainly true that teams and countries with superior training programs will have the advantage, running is something that can be done by anybody, regardless of the background or class, unlike something like swimming..it's the most impressive feat of raw athleticism in the Olympics and should be the most celebrated..

Also, :lmao at anybody that doesn't think virtually all Olympians are using some type of PED..of course they are, including Bolt..

HarlemHeat37
08-20-2016, 07:31 PM

That's actually pretty typical, especially for the 100, tbh..

Bolt is just an anomalous freak, tbh..At his size, dominance in the 200M is expected, since his size advantage is beneficial in that setting, but his ability to thrive in the shorter 100 doesn't even make sense:lol

HarlemHeat37
08-20-2016, 07:33 PM
:lmao At this notion or the NFL having the best athletes. I don't care how popular it is in America, the vast majority aren't in the same league with NBA players.

Eh, I'd say the NFL has the best athletes in pro sports..

Realistically, outside of QBs and kickers, it's a very low-skill sport that requires minimal intelligence..it's purely physical, which is why their their careers are so short(along with injuries, of course)..

apalisoc_9
08-20-2016, 07:34 PM
That's actually pretty typical, especially for the 100, tbh..

Bolt is just an anomalous freak, tbh..At his size, dominance in the 200M is expected, since his size advantage is beneficial in that setting, but his ability to thrive in the shorter 100 doesn't even make sense:lol

That's what I meant. It seems like sprinting is attracting more and more bolt type runners...like 6'0 with long ass legs.

I think i watched last year...apperebtly Gatlin is faster with steps.

Dont watch track and field as much though. Only in the olympics.

HarlemHeat37
08-20-2016, 07:38 PM
Honestly, size in Track varies a lot, tbh..not just height, but also build..

Look at the next great, Andre De Grasse..not only is he short(5ft9), but he only weights 150 pounds with a small frame and a weird-ass running style:lol

apalisoc_9
08-20-2016, 07:41 PM
Funny how Americans target Russia and China all the time....But its pretty darn obvious the US is worse..

But hes chinese and he beat a record no way..she using ped :lol

LkrFan
08-20-2016, 07:58 PM
LkrFan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18824)

Get in here and :downspin: this shit

http://i.imgur.com/4zVigLwl.png

:lol Better hurry up and win a gold medal
:lol Won't be able to mention Duncan not winning one ever again
:lol The Silver was in 20km women's walking (:lmao)
Sure, no problem son...My native Mexico is tied with Jim in Bronze Medals and has more Silver Medals than Jim will EVER have. :toast

Down Under
08-20-2016, 08:31 PM
NFL blockers are hardly athletes and explosiveness is not the only measure of athleticism - having virtually no endurance counts against them as well.

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 09:23 PM

NFL players at the skill positions are much more athletic than NBA players at any position. NBA players aren't particular fast (as shown by the average 3/4 court combine sprint times), NFL players are much stronger on average, vertical leaps are even, and first step explosiveness and lateral quickness goes to NFL players. As much as we marvel at Westbrook in those areas, an NFL running back would make him look average.

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 09:32 PM
Funny how Americans target Russia and China all the time....But its pretty darn obvious the US is worse..

But hes chinese and he beat a record no way..she using ped :lol

The Soviets introduced steroids into sport, and actually taught us about their benefits as weird as the sounds.

AAS use in sports began in October 1954 when John Ziegler, a doctor who treated American athletes, went to Vienna with the American weightlifting team. There he met a Russian physician who, over "a few drinks", repeatedly asked "What are you giving your boys?" When Ziegler returned the question, the Russian said that his own athletes were being given testosterone. Returning to America, Ziegler tried low doses of testosterone on himself, on the American trainer Bob Hoffman and on two lifters

I'm not claiming moral high ground, but US athletes aren't doping any more or any less than other Olympic powers. I also still find it a travesty that Armstrong was stripped while someone like Indurain is "celebrated."

http://static1.persgroep.net/volkskrant/image/966ee3e4-ddc0-46f1-bed7-5d5d0ddad60a?width=664&height=374

And cycling is the dirtiest sport in the world. They were using amphetamines in the 40's.

Armstrong was doped up to his eyeballs, but so were the rest of them. Level playing field, he was the best. As was Indurain and other winners.

apalisoc_9
08-20-2016, 09:42 PM
The Soviets introduced steroids into sport, and actually taught us about their benefits as weird as the sounds.

I'm not claiming moral high ground, but US athletes aren't doping any more or any less than other Olympic powers. I also still find it a travesty that Armstrong was stripped while someone like Indurain is "celebrated."

http://static1.persgroep.net/volkskrant/image/966ee3e4-ddc0-46f1-bed7-5d5d0ddad60a?width=664&height=374

And cycling is the dirtiest sport in the world. They were using amphetamines in the 40's.

Armstrong was doped up to his eyeballs, but so were the rest of them. Level playing field, he was the best. As was Indurain and other winners.

Considering the US romantisce every US player and demonize every athlete outside of Canadian and US...they deserve every shit they get.

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 09:43 PM
I've only been following Track, since it's something I did throughout my teens until my early 20s, tbh..one of my old training friends actually competed in Rio for Canada in the hurdles, this year..

While it's certainly true that teams and countries with superior training programs will have the advantage, running is something that can be done by anybody, regardless of the background or class, unlike something like swimming..it's the most impressive feat of raw athleticism in the Olympics and should be the most celebrated..

Also, :lmao at anybody that doesn't think virtually all Olympians are using some type of PED..of course they are, including Bolt..

I'd argue the decathlon is.

While sprinting can be done by anybody, it can't be won by everybody. If you're not of West African descent, good luck winning anything other than maybe a fluke gold now and then. I have no problem with that. I just take issue when people like Kawhitstorm think the same applies to swimming, that since West Africans are great sprinters and leapers, they'll dominate swimming if "given the chance."

Outside the occasional outlier like Simone Manuel and Cullen Jones, blacks have a physiological disadvantage in general for swimming. Shorter torsos, denser muscle mass, etc.

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 09:50 PM
Considering the US romantisce every US player and demonize every athlete outside of Canadian and US...they deserve every shit they get.

Yet we've stripped more gold medals and accomplishments in other sports, both international and domestic, than any other country. You read too much FoxNews and think their pro-American agenda is representative of our media as a whole. And there's always going to be clickbait articles like, "Is Usain Bolt doping?" Trust me, there's a journalist out there who would love to make his career exposing an American Olympic hero.

End of the day, point is, we're doping no more or no less. We're better because of other factors unrelated to doping (population, infrastructure, sporting culture, sports science, etc).

apalisoc_9
08-20-2016, 09:57 PM
Yet we've stripped more gold medals and accomplishments in other sports, both international and domestic, than any other country. You read too much FoxNews and think their pro-American agenda is representative of our media as a whole. And there's always going to be clickbait articles like, "Is Usain Bolt doping?" Trust me, there's a journalist out there who would love to make his career exposing an American Olympic hero.

End of the day, point is, we're doping no more or no less. We're better because of other factors unrelated to doping (population, infrastructure, sporting culture, sports science, etc).

You must be delusional to think the US doesnt have a crazy amount of leniency advabtage in doping. Everyone dopes, but so long as you're american no one's going to raise an eyebrow. Let's face it, The US is a propaganda powerhouse...

If Phelps wasnt American or Canadian or British...he'd be surrounded by doping accusation.

Americans singlehandily had a chinese 16 year quit swimming because the US controls the international media...poor girl.

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 10:17 PM
You must be delusional to think the US doesnt have a crazy amount of leniency advabtage in doping. Everyone dopes, but so long as you're american no one's going to raise an eyebrow. Let's face it, The US is a propaganda powerhouse...

If Phelps wasnt American or Canadian or British...he'd be surrounded by doping accusation.

Americans singlehandily had a chinese 16 year quit swimming because the US controls the international media...poor girl.

Ye Shiwen didn't quit.

And an American University backed her:

Data analysis of performances of 2,600 swimmers by two University of Kansas researchers does not find Ye's improvement unusual.[11]

More Western Media outlets that had her back:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/aug/02/swimmer-ye-shiwen-declining-superpowers

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/fivering_circus/2012/08/ye_shiwen_doping_the_unfair_smear_campaign_against _the_chinese_swimming_sensation_.html

http://www.sbnation.com/london-olympics-2012/2012/8/2/3214373/ye-shiwen-doping-china-gold-medals

You fall for too many clickbait articles. One of the shitty things about the Internet. Everyone has a "voice."

apalisoc_9
08-20-2016, 10:20 PM
Clickbait? Were you even watching 2012? All American media accused her of doping. In a smaller scale, Universities will support athletes from other countries provided they would benefit from it. That's not what i am trying to argue for.

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 10:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oabcM9SOF-E

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 10:42 PM
Clickbait? Were you even watching 2012? All American media accused her of doping. In a smaller scale, Universities will support athletes from other countries provided they would benefit from it. That's not what i am trying to argue for.

I didn't watch any news reports about it, but I am familiar with all the online articles that came out.

TV news is also a form of "clickbait." Don't pay attention to it.

apalisoc_9
08-20-2016, 10:54 PM
I didn't watch any news reports about it, but I am familiar with all the online articles that came out.

TV news is also a form of "clickbait." Don't pay attention to it.

The media is a strong tool of pressure and bullying. It's exactly how your America is getting shaped. No way you cant pay attnetion to it.

K...
08-20-2016, 10:58 PM
it's not doping until a rule is set silly. The US just has the good fortune to stay ahead of the rules.

Steroids are a very specific thing. You know there are 1000 other supplements that are not steroids that Apo probably calls doping. B vitatamins are doping to him.

He probably thinks tiger penis is the real thing. Fuck you tiger penis drinkers.

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 11:05 PM
The media is a strong tool of pressure and bullying. It's exactly how your America is getting shaped. No way you cant pay attnetion to it.

And why do you think anti-Western media is any more truthful?

It's manipulation on both sides.

You have to accept that you'll never get the "truth."

I always try to follow the money, but that's even hard to do. Quick example. The country that has most profited from the Afghan war has been China, our supposed rival. Their contractors have signed the biggest contracts over there https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/China-Buys-into-Afghanistan-Erica-Downs.pdf, http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/7/11/chinese-company-taliban-battle-afghanistan.html. Ask your average college student in his leftist anti-American phase about who is pillaging Afghanistan the most, and he'll reflexively shout, "Evil America! War for oil!" completely oblivious to the fact that the Chinese have snuck in and profited immensely.

Media is a propaganda competition between both sides. Yes, our media is more powerful, but not any less truthful than anti-West media.

apalisoc_9
08-20-2016, 11:12 PM
I never claimed eastern media being any truthfull. The russians and the chinese are dirty mother fuckers...My point remaims is that The US is the dirtiest of bench in large part to being the most powerful aand most influential.

K...
08-20-2016, 11:17 PM
I never claimed eastern media being any truthfull. The russians and the chinese are dirty mother fuckers...My point remaims is that The US is the dirtiest of bench in large part to being the most powerful aand most influential.

tell me what drugs you think the us is on? You seem to think whites don't have good genetics. There's a reason we can process mucho calories and not all get obese like mexicans and asians.

midnightpulp
08-20-2016, 11:27 PM

This is a bad thing?

Here's a question.

Would you rather live in a world controlled by a Soviet, Chinese, or US hegemony?

Or would you have liked Nazi Germany to win World War 2? Or for the British Empire to continue their exploits?

When I say we're the most benevolent superpower, I'm not implying we're saints, but compared to those fuckers, we are indeed saints. Go ahead and post the body counts from the Iraq War and other US geopolitical actions, it's still far less than the predecessors.

Yes, I do want us to be morally "perfect." I would love for us to be isolationists and just assist countries through foreign aid in the form of food, education, building infrastructure, etc. And only pursue military action when it is justified (the Korean War, for example. North Korea had them backed up practically into Japan before we helped out).

Silver&Black
08-20-2016, 11:29 PM
Sure, no problem son...My native Mexico is tied with Jim in Bronze Medals and has more Silver Medals than Jim will EVER have. :toast

Good thing they don't have strawberry and lettuce picking in the Olympics...

Mexico = Staaaaaaaaaacked

K...
08-21-2016, 09:48 AM
Hmm so an American gets bronze in men's driving behind the Chinese. It wasn't close of course but that's still pretty good.

An American is also there in the marathon with Kenya and Ethiopia. Those are pretty impressive.

Darth_Pelican
08-21-2016, 01:14 PM
:lol Mongolia

http://www.espn.com/olympics/wrestling/story/_/id/17360008/mongolian-wrestling-coaches-strip-clothing-protest-official-call

Kawhitstorm
08-21-2016, 01:38 PM
WTF, didn't you just see Simone Manuel win a bunch of gold medals in swimming?

Simone was the ONLY black swimmer on the squad & won an INDIVIDUAL Gold Medal unlike privileged ass Lochte/Missy Franklin.:lol

apalisoc_9
08-21-2016, 01:43 PM
:lol Mongolia

http://www.espn.com/olympics/wrestling/story/_/id/17360008/mongolian-wrestling-coaches-strip-clothing-protest-official-call

These are the same people that dominated the whole of Asia, Middle East and Eastern Europe? Talk about the might fallen. These could be the americans 200 years from now

Darth_Pelican
08-21-2016, 01:43 PM
Simone was the ONLY black swimmer on the squad & won an INDIVIDUAL Gold Medal unlike privileged ass Lochte/Missy Franklin.:lol

Damn Missy Franklin had a horrible Olympics. I couldn't believe how much she's declined at such a young age. Lochte is just old and washed up, and a dumbass.

Kawhitstorm
08-21-2016, 01:50 PM
Damn Missy Franklin had a horrible Olympics. I couldn't believe how much she's declined at such a young age. Lochte is just old and washed up, and a dumbass.

Missy got dethroned by a BLACK swimmer, that's what happened. Diversity won::toast

Darth_Pelican
08-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Missy got dethroned by a BLACK swimmer, that's what happened. Diversity won::toast

She got dethroned by everyone. She couldn't even make it to the finals in her events.

K...
08-21-2016, 02:32 PM
These are the same people that dominated the whole of Asia, Middle East and Eastern Europe? Talk about the might fallen. These could be the americans 200 years from now

They had horses. Now everyone else has horse and cars. Guns, bombs, etc. But horses were big then.

America is more like China, big area, natural resources. It's more likely we'll be up then down, but we can go down with self inflicted wounds.

Caltex2
08-21-2016, 02:39 PM

She must have been on something last Olympics. Cheating at such a young age.

I mean, I'm not saying she did but she was pretty invisble these Olympics.

Kawhitstorm
08-21-2016, 02:48 PM
She must have been on something last Olympics. Cheating at such a young age.

I mean, I'm not saying she did but she was pretty invisble these Olympics.

Her confidence got shot when Simone stole her thunder.:wakeup

midnightpulp
08-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Her confidence got shot when Simone stole her thunder.:wakeup

How do you suppose that when Franklin swims the backstroke, while Simone is a sprint-freestyle swimmer?

DiRado is the one who stole Frankin's thunder. You get to still celebrate diversity in this case, since DiRado is a Latina.

Clipper Nation
08-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Another gold medal for the only relevant country on Earth.

:lmao Europoors

Kawhitstorm
08-21-2016, 03:51 PM
How do you suppose that when Franklin swims the backstroke, while Simone is a sprint-freestyle swimmer?

Simone replaced her in the 4x100m freestyle relay.:wakeup

apalisoc_9
08-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Can we get back to real basketball now please. Can't wait to watch the NBA again.

Caltex2
08-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Maybe one day we'll actually get a challenge from another country. I mean, the middle of the last decade sucked but we were still considered far and away the best b-ball country.

If anyone can shift the balance of power, it's places like Brazil, Canada, Australia, Nigeria, India, China, France and England/Britain, where there's enough racial and athletic diversity to field a great team or just a whole bunch of raw numbers. (Un)fortunately, most of those places care more about some other sport and not much about basketball at all.

So we'll be the standard for the forseeable future.

K...
08-21-2016, 05:42 PM
I still want to see the U.S. Get two teams, east west or NBA, college. It's the best way to weaken the us while strengthening talent. They do this in sports like beach volleyball and most individual sports. Let us field as many teams as we can

TD 21
08-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Eh, I'd say the NFL has the best athletes in pro sports..

Realistically, outside of QBs and kickers, it's a very low-skill sport that requires minimal intelligence..it's purely physical, which is why their their careers are so short(along with injuries, of course)..

It might be purely physical, but that's mostly in terms of strength.

NFL players at the skill positions are much more athletic than NBA players at any position. NBA players aren't particular fast (as shown by the average 3/4 court combine sprint times), NFL players are much stronger on average, vertical leaps are even, and first step explosiveness and lateral quickness goes to NFL players. As much as we marvel at Westbrook in those areas, an NFL running back would make him look average.

The so called "skill" positions comprise a small portion of the roster.

midnightpulp
08-21-2016, 09:51 PM
Simone replaced her in the 4x100m freestyle relay.:wakeup

So? Missy isn't a freestyler. Her personal best is .66 seconds in the 100m behind Manuel. She was going to get replaced regardless. All the girls swam faster legs in the 4x100 than Frankin's PB. It's not her stroke. Meanwhile, she still holds the 100 and 200m backstroke world records. Quit trying to force your, "scrappy black girl overcomes white girl privilege" narrative." It's not like Manuel was born in Compton to crack addicts.

Kawhitstorm
08-21-2016, 11:13 PM
So? Missy isn't a freestyler. Her personal best is .66 seconds in the 100m behind Manuel. She was going to get replaced regardless. All the girls swam faster legs in the 4x100 than Frankin's PB. It's not her stroke. Meanwhile, she still holds the 100 and 200m backstroke world records. Quit trying to force your, "scrappy black girl overcomes white girl privilege" narrative." It's not like Manuel was born in Compton to crack addicts.

Dummy, it's generational. Black folks were allowed in public pools during segregation thus they didn't take their kids to the pool even post-segregation & it has trickled down along w/ the lack of public pools (let along Olympic sized pools::lol) in black communities.

Meanwhile, Phelps didn't come from a rich family but he grew up in a family of swimmers which led him to take up the sport. If Phelps was a black kid in Baltimore he might not even have learned how to swim.:lol

Fabbs
08-21-2016, 11:27 PM
Did the Caitlyn Jenner runner get a medal?
That's f'd up sHe is allowed to compete in the womens division.

midnightpulp
08-22-2016, 02:06 AM
Dummy, it's generational. Black folks were allowed in public pools during segregation thus they didn't take their kids to the pool even post-segregation & it has trickled down along w/ the lack of public pools (let along Olympic sized pools::lol) in black communities.

Meanwhile, Phelps didn't come from a rich family but he grew up in a family of swimmers which led him to take up the sport. If Phelps was a black kid in Baltimore he might not even have learned how to swim.:lol

You could grow black folks in a pool from birth. The odds will still be against them becoming elite swimmers as much as growing a white person on a track won't make them an elite sprinter.

I don't like biological determinism as much the next guy, but blacks are at physiological disadvantage. I'm just challenging your fetish here, thinking that black athletes would rule anything and everything because they're good at sprinting and jumping.

Caltex2
08-22-2016, 02:16 AM
I still want to see the U.S. Get two teams, east west or NBA, college. It's the best way to weaken the us while strengthening talent. They do this in sports like beach volleyball and most individual sports. Let us field as many teams as we can

Or they can split us up and make us qualify by state. Texas and California would be the main players while Florida, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Louisiana and Illinois would also clean up well. It'd also be interesting for Georgia to compete with Georgia in something.

Caltex2
08-22-2016, 02:19 AM
Maybe one day we'll actually get a challenge from another country. I mean, the middle of the last decade sucked but we were still considered far and away the best b-ball country.

If anyone can shift the balance of power, it's places like Brazil, Canada, Australia, Nigeria, India, China, France and England/Britain, where there's enough racial and athletic diversity to field a great team or just a whole bunch of raw numbers. (Un)fortunately, most of those places care more about some other sport and not much about basketball at all.

So we'll be the standard for the forseeable future.

I forgot South Africa as well. If only they didn't care about the various codes of football/rugby so much.

Kawhitstorm
08-22-2016, 11:48 AM
You could grow black folks in a pool from birth. The odds will still be against them becoming elite swimmers as much as growing a white person on a track won't make them an elite sprinter.

I don't like biological determinism as much the next guy, but blacks are at physiological disadvantage. I'm just challenging your fetish here, thinking that black athletes would rule anything and everything because they're good at sprinting and jumping.

Yeah, 6'3" Masai warriors are at a physiological disadvantage b/c they don't have the anaerobic capacity.:lol

David Rudisha has the perfect swimmers body & the anaerobic capacity of a whale:

YKEOjWEzVGs

Anthony Ervin is also half-black & so is Kris Humphries.:toast

The best dutch female swimmer is of Afro-Surinamese descent::lol

http://www.nltimes.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/ns-Ranomi-Kromowidjojo.jpg

Meanwhile, Whitey has left no stone unturned trying to find a world-class sprinter & can't even beat the Japanese/Chinese.:lmao

Darth_Pelican
08-22-2016, 01:24 PM
Final Count

Country
TOTAL (http://www.espn.com/olympics/summer/2016/medals/_/view/overview/sort/total)

CavsSuperFan
08-22-2016, 03:07 PM
Hmm so an American gets bronze in men's driving behind the Chinese. .

I was pretty shocked at this considering what awful drivers the Chinese are...

SpursforSix
08-22-2016, 03:14 PM
Did the Caitlyn Jenner runner get a medal?
That's f'd up sHe is allowed to compete in the womens division.

Don't know but this is odd

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/730195/85111022.jpg

Caltex2
08-22-2016, 09:36 PM
Final Count

Country

Wow, Canada is nowhere to be found. I'd like to think they're an Australia-level country. They even got a gift in the 4x100 when the US was disqualified over BS, giving them the bronze medal.

Caltex2
08-22-2016, 09:39 PM
I was pretty shocked at this considering what awful drivers the Chinese are...

Driving would be a helluva Olympic sport and I don't mean NASCAR necessarily. Who can swerve in and around the cones? Who can come to a complete stop at the line? Who can drive the speed limit (Americans would suck at that)?

Spurtacular
08-22-2016, 11:25 PM

12 too, tbh.

Spurtacular
08-22-2016, 11:26 PM
Worst US Men's basketball team I've ever seen. They're lucky the field was weak.

Darth_Pelican
08-23-2016, 01:33 PM

That's Jrue Holiday

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/929/722/hi-res-b2e1362ad058d7a14404910188ee1423_crop_exact.jpg?w= 650&h=433&q=85

SpursforSix
08-23-2016, 01:58 PM
That's Jrue Holiday

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/929/722/hi-res-b2e1362ad058d7a14404910188ee1423_crop_exact.jpg?w= 650&h=433&q=85

LOL. Holy shit.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-23-2016, 02:03 PM
That's Jrue Holiday

If that is indeed a female, it's probably just a baboon.

Darth_Pelican
03-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Another 1st place championship trophy for the always growing mantle tonight; the WBC. Too easy. Thank god the US doesn't put any effort into irrelevant soccer & lets 3rd world countries have their moment of feeling important once every 4 years. It gives them a feeling of accomplishment & purpose. I can't even imagine the meltdown if the US ever starts caring enough to go beat a bunch of smelly wetbacks and skinnyfat Eurotrash in kickball. It would probably lead to war.

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 12:41 AM
Another 1st place championship trophy for the always growing mantle tonight; the WBC. Too easy. Thank god the US doesn't put any effort into irrelevant soccer & lets 3rd world countries have their moment of feeling important once every 4 years. It gives them a feeling of accomplishment & purpose. I can't even imagine the meltdown if the US ever starts caring enough to go beat a bunch of smelly wetbacks and skinnyfat Eurotrash in kickball. It would probably lead to war.

Robz4000
03-23-2017, 02:42 AM

:rollin

03-23-2017, 03:15 AM
Another 1st place championship trophy for the always growing mantle tonight; the WBC. Too easy. Thank god the US doesn't put any effort into irrelevant soccer & lets 3rd world countries have their moment of feeling important once every 4 years. It gives them a feeling of accomplishment & purpose. I can't even imagine the meltdown if the US ever starts caring enough to go beat a bunch of smelly wetbacks and skinnyfat Eurotrash in kickball. It would probably lead to war.:lol

03-23-2017, 08:48 AM
:lmao murikans are the world's biggest tryhards in football tbh

lefty
03-23-2017, 08:52 AM

:lol /thread

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 08:57 AM

Sure we are. The NFL is the biggest league here. Why wouldn't we be?

Darth_Pelican
03-23-2017, 09:00 AM

:lol America's top athletes play in the NBA and NFL. Our 3rd tier athletes settle for soccer because they aren't talented enough to play those 2 sports. Meanwhile, this is what your average playground looks like in Brazil:

http://www.themalaysiantimes.com.my/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Young-boys-play-football-010-620x320.jpg

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 09:10 AM
:lol America's top athletes play in the NBA and NFL. Our 3rd tier athletes settle for soccer because they aren't talented enough to play those 2 sports. Meanwhile, this is what your average playground looks like in Brazil:

http://www.themalaysiantimes.com.my/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Young-boys-play-football-010-620x320.jpg

More like 8th or 9th tier.

This is our best soccer player right now. A 5'8", 130lb twink.

http://i.imgur.com/3HBqKTf.jpg?fb

With that build, he couldn't realistically play:

Football, baseball, basketball, ice hockey, tennis, track and field outside of sissy endurance events, swimming, water polo, volleyball, or even golf (golfers are jacked these days).

Meanwhile, here's what a top American baseball prospect of the same age is looking like today:

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/screen-shot-2016-07-05-at-123759-pm__oPt.png

6'3" and hitting 105 on the gun, and 110 on run up throws :wow

MultiTroll
03-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Meanwhile, here's what a top American baseball prospect of the same age is looking like today: hitting 105 on the gun, and 110 on run up throws :wow
Who?!

DAF86
03-23-2017, 12:10 PM
The fuck is WBC?

Brazil
03-23-2017, 12:30 PM
Like darth pelican has any idea of what anything looks like in Brazil tbh

:lol Muricans

Darth_Pelican
03-23-2017, 01:17 PM
:lol Meanwhile, Messi branded coacaine seized.

http://www.espnfc.com/barcelona/story/3088153/police-in-peru-seize-$85m-cocaine-haul-bearing-photos-of-lionel-messi

Peru drug law enforcement on Wednesday seized 1,417 kilos of cocaine with logos that bear a photo of Barcelona star Lionel Messi as well as his name, found wrapped in containers of squid filets and destined for Belgium.
The drugs were worth an estimated $85 million in street value, Peru officials said in a news release (http://www.dirandro.pnp.gob.pe/modulos/noticias/noticia.xhtml?id=1022).
Many packages of the drugs bore the likeness of Messi and his name, while the rest were wrapped in black packaging with a logo saying "King" with a likeness of the king of Spain.
A spokesperson for the Peruvian National Police's Anti-drugs Office (Dirandro) said that no one has been arrested or detained yet.
"Most of the 1,288 packages of drugs were camouflaged as squid filets and had a label that said 'Messi' along with a picture of the Argentina player Lionel Messi wearing the shirt of the Spanish club Barcelona," the news release said. (http://rpp.pe/peru/narcotrafico/hallan-una-tonelada-y-media-de-cocaina-en-paquetes-con-el-rostro-de-messi-noticia-1038190)

SupremeGuy
03-23-2017, 02:27 PM
Another 1st place championship trophy for the always growing mantle tonight; the WBC. Too easy. Thank god the US doesn't put any effort into irrelevant soccer & lets 3rd world countries have their moment of feeling important once every 4 years. It gives them a feeling of accomplishment & purpose. I can't even imagine the meltdown if the US ever starts caring enough to go beat a bunch of smelly wetbacks and skinnyfat Eurotrash in kickball. It would probably lead to war.Oh shit. :lmao

Silver&Black
03-23-2017, 05:23 PM

^
This guy gets it.

TampaDude
03-24-2017, 03:33 PM

Heh...we didn't just beat PR, we smashed them. How's that CG 3H SO taste, Ricans? :lol

Silver&Black
03-24-2017, 04:10 PM
Did Puerto Rico really have a 2nd place parade????

apalisoc_9
03-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Terrible at it.

But we don't care :lol

Still top 10 in the far world as far Total number of players and monetary invesments related tp soccer.

But we dont care :lol

Do you see anyone fat in soccer? No...So shut the fuck up, i like to watch athletic fat men. The t
real sport.

Clipper Nation
03-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Football? Sure.

Soccer? Our best athletes wouldn't be caught dead wasting their God-given gifts on a third-world lawn game. Soccer is something that most Americans decide they're too old to play by age 10. Europe is full of overgrown children in a state of arrested development (which also explains their politics).

Clipper Nation
03-24-2017, 06:07 PM
Did Puerto Rico really have a 2nd place parade????

:lmao da_suns_fan has a new favorite baseball team, tbh :lol

da_suns_fan
03-25-2017, 12:13 AM
da_suns_fan has a new favorite baseball team, tbh :lol

I didnt throw the Suns a parade. I wasnt even there.

But I remember it definitely didnt feel weird at the time. This city was bat-shit crazy for that team.

It was just a different time. Before the internet and message boards and "alpha" syndrome etc.

Canyonero
03-25-2017, 09:47 AM
OP is not wrong tbh. Racial diversity + NCAA competitions + GOAT juicing system