PDA

View Full Version : Wingstop Review

InRareForm
08-17-2016, 03:41 PM
Pros: -great flavors and sauces. Ranch is on point.
- decent fries and seasoning
-quality is there, they usually throw me an extra wing

Cons: used to be good value, now pushing the 10 dollar mark for a 6 wing combo.
-hit or miss on customer service

7.75 out of 10

Can't go wrong with original hot, Cajun, or lemon pepper.

SpursforSix
08-17-2016, 03:42 PM
It's certainly better than Buffalo Wild Wings. But if I want upscale wings, I'll usually go to Chili's.

RGMCSE
08-17-2016, 03:53 PM
It's certainly better than Buffalo Wild Wings. But if I want upscale wings, I'll usually go to Chili's.

Ive never had wings from chillis. Are you bullshitting? Honestly bw3's has lost me. I used to really enjoy it. But I guess a combination of the nasty clientele and all the changes to the original flavors has put me off. It used to be a lot of fun to go there 10 years ago. But the best option is to make your own wings.

InRareForm
08-17-2016, 03:56 PM
I hate buffalo wild wings food, but usually when I'm there I'm empty stomach drunk off their beer so then their food tastes alright. Their beers are cold and they have good tvs, I will give them that

I. Hustle
08-17-2016, 03:57 PM

Yeah but who wants to wear a tux just for wings?

SpursforSix
08-17-2016, 03:59 PM
I hate buffalo wild wings food, but usually when I'm there I'm empty stomach drunk off their beer so then their food tastes alright. Their beers are cold and they have good tvs, I will give them that

This should be their advertising slogan. It's spot on.
Buffalo Wild Wings - TV's and Beer. Get drunk and you won't notice our shitty food.

SpursforSix
08-17-2016, 04:00 PM
Yeah but who wants to wear a tux just for wings?

I don't just get the wings. For my main course, I'll either get their fillet or the salmon.

SpursforSix
08-17-2016, 04:02 PM
Ive never had wings from chillis. Are you bullshitting? Honestly bw3's has lost me. I used to really enjoy it. But I guess a combination of the nasty clientele and all the changes to the original flavors has put me off. It used to be a lot of fun to go there 10 years ago. But the best option is to make your own wings.

I've never had their wings. There's a small chain around here called, "Wings 21". Very hit or miss depending on the specific location. But there is one that makes great wings. The best lemon-pepper I've had at a chain.

UZER
08-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Wings stop is great, especially the season fries, but they are just to damn expensing now for the size of the wings you get.

Wing Daddy's has big breaded wings for a reasonable price. It's great bang for you buck.

08-17-2016, 05:54 PM
Wings stop is great, especially the season fries, but they are just to damn expensing now for the size of the wings you get.

Wing Daddy's has big breaded wings for a reasonable price. It's great bang for you buck.
Bend over, I'll give you a great bang for your buck

clambake
08-17-2016, 05:55 PM
you guys ever have that willie phister chicken?

UZER
08-17-2016, 05:59 PM

For a buck? If you were that good you'd charge more. I'll pass.

clambake
08-17-2016, 06:13 PM
ha

08-17-2016, 06:25 PM
For a buck? If you were that good you'd charge more. I'll pass.
:depressed

HI-FI
08-17-2016, 06:39 PM
Cajun used to be my go to flavor at WS until too much rippin 'n tearing afterwards.

Now it's pretty much Original and Garlic Parmesan. It has gotten more expensive but that's the story everywhere. Fucking inflation.

Silver&Black
08-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Kawhi: A+
Green: B

lil'mo
08-17-2016, 07:26 PM
Wing stop fries are intentionally soggy and wtf a little sweet? Sugar on those damn things? I could live with one or the other, but soggy and sweet? No thanks

chunticakes
08-18-2016, 05:04 AM
Cajun used to be my go to flavor at WS until too much rippin 'n tearing afterwards.

Now it's pretty much Original and Garlic Parmesan. It has gotten more expensive but that's the story everywhere. Fucking inflation.

Bend over, i'll give ya rippin n' tearing.

lebomb
08-18-2016, 06:31 AM

To HELL with Wing Daddys!!! That shit is horrible. Ive been there twice because I could believe you could fuck up wings so I had to go again to make sure I wasnt dreaming. My wings were the size of Turkey legs and were terribly under cooked. There was "0" seasoning on the wings, just a ton of wack ass flavorless sauce. This sums up how I personally feel about Wing Daddys.............. :vomit:

Also my buddy went there last week, and had the flaming shits for 2 solid days afterwards. :nope

UZER
08-18-2016, 10:55 AM
To HELL with Wing Daddys!!! That shit is horrible. Ive been there twice because I could believe you could fuck up wings so I had to go again to make sure I wasnt dreaming. My wings were the size of Turkey legs and were terribly under cooked. There was "0" seasoning on the wings, just a ton of wack ass flavorless sauce. This sums up how I personally feel about Wing Daddys.............. :vomit:

Also my buddy went there last week, and had the flaming shits for 2 solid days afterwards. :nope

Ordered from there about 3 times, never had an issue.

Did your friend order them dipped in antifreeze, or does he just eat flowers everyday of his life.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
08-18-2016, 01:22 PM
Name a place with better fries than wingstop

DeadlyDynasty
08-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Garlic Parm
GOAT flavor imo

DJR210
08-18-2016, 01:32 PM

:lol

DJR210
08-18-2016, 01:39 PM
Wing Stop is alright, but their shitty 3 draft beer selection sucks nuts so I don't really go.. Their garlic parms w/ bleu cheese are on point though

I. Hustle
08-18-2016, 03:22 PM
I gotta get the Cajun when I go. Garlic parm is also a must. I never eat there though. I'll drink my own beer thankyouverymuch.

Don't care for their fries though.

Chris
08-18-2016, 03:29 PM
no love for mango habanero wings?

I. Hustle
08-18-2016, 03:30 PM

I don't think any of the gay people from ST have posted yet. There's still a chance one of them will come in here and say that they like them.

Trill Clinton
08-18-2016, 03:40 PM
just had this flavor along with lemon pepper. i prefer my wingstop to be fried extra hard and crispy

Trill Clinton
08-18-2016, 03:40 PM
they need to bring back spicey korean bbq too. it gives me the bubble guts but its a top 3 flavor.

leemajors
08-18-2016, 04:36 PM
they need to bring back spicey korean bbq too. it gives me the bubble guts but its a top 3 flavor.

hahaha bubble guts

I. Hustle
08-18-2016, 04:52 PM

Agree

TeyshaBlue
08-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Someday I'll retire then rule the world with my wing recipe. Only one flavor..period. There are sauces if you want to girl them up.
Its my fil's recipe from his restaurant up north in Minneapolis. Small joint...6 stools at lunch bar He did about 14 tons of wings/month out of that little joint in a run down section of downtown. Amazing wings.

TeyshaBlue
08-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Slimey wings suck.

chunticakes
08-19-2016, 02:44 AM
I just had some atomic wings from here. They sucked.

I. Hustle
08-19-2016, 09:56 AM
Someday I'll retire then rule the world with my wing recipe. Only one flavor..period. There are sauces if you want to girl them up.
Its my fil's recipe from his restaurant up north in Minneapolis. Small joint...6 stools at lunch bar He did about 14 tons of wings/month out of that little joint in a run down section of downtown. Amazing wings.

What was his recipe?

Hold on, let me get a pen and paper and a hard on.

Yep... 10 1/2 inches

UNT Eagles 2016
08-19-2016, 01:43 PM
Who the **** would pay $10 for 6 puny half-wings? :lol :lol :lol

I could go to the store and get like 2 packages of 16 whole-wings (32 half-wings) for that price :lol

It was a sad day when the restaurant industry decided that a half-wing should be passed off as a "wing". Typical duping plot. I'm not fooled.

SpursforSix
08-19-2016, 02:01 PM

I could go to the store and get like 2 packages of 16 whole-wings (32 half-wings) for that price :lol

It was a sad day when the restaurant industry decided that a half-wing should be passed off as a "wing". Typical duping plot. I'm not fooled.

chill out Upscale

InRareForm
08-19-2016, 03:42 PM

It's 10 bucks for wings, drink, fries

I. Hustle
08-19-2016, 04:42 PM

$10? $10??!! For that price, do they give me a BJ under the table too? Geez that is why I stay away from upscale fine dining establishments.

baseline bum
08-19-2016, 09:25 PM

I hope that drink is a beer for that price.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-20-2016, 08:20 PM

And by beer, a premium ultra dark imported lager, no pisswater Keystone or Nattie light that costs less than a soda

spurraider21
08-21-2016, 03:04 PM
dont go often but wingstop is good stuff. the value is shitty if you're going alone or with 2 people... not bad otherwise

their original hot is amazing. the atomic is so spicy its not even enjoyable :lol... but when we go with a group we still usually order about 20 of them just for a challenge

generally not a fan of dry-rub on wings, but their garlic parm is good. dislike lemon pepper and the honey bbq is for pussies imo

SpursforSix
08-21-2016, 03:12 PM
And by beer, a premium ultra dark imported lager, no pisswater Keystone or Nattie light that costs less than a soda

Wow. Sounds like you always go Upscale.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Wow. Sounds like you always go Upscale.
only if one of my friends pays for it

resistanze
08-21-2016, 10:35 PM

:lol honestly fast food is so fucking cheap in the States. A value meal @ KFC that includes two pieces of chicken, wedges, biscuit, cookie and drink for $5.49

baseline bum
08-21-2016, 10:39 PM
:lol honestly fast food is so fucking cheap in the States. A value meal @ KFC that includes two pieces of chicken, wedges, biscuit, cookie and drink for $5.49

Yeah, but then you gotta eat it.

DJR210
08-22-2016, 01:16 AM

What do you expect from an upscale eatery like Wingstop? They charge for the glitz and the glamor. Shit, if you're in the mood to go all out, you might as well hit up the Texas Roadhouse.. Just make sure you're dressed formally

UNT Eagles 2016
08-22-2016, 09:27 AM
What do you expect from an upscale eatery like Wingstop? They charge for the glitz and the glamor. Shit, if you're in the mood to go all out, you might as well hit up the Texas Roadhouse.. Just make sure you're dressed formally

So, naked? Or, alternatively, do I dress in a tux and take my beautiful fiancé out in her birthday suit? We'd be the most perfectly dressed couple ever

SpursforSix
08-22-2016, 09:30 AM
So, naked? Or, alternatively, do I dress in a tux and take my beautiful fiancé out in her birthday suit? We'd be the most perfectly dressed couple ever

Just make sure you tie a cup between her legs to collect the discharge.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-22-2016, 02:09 PM
Just make sure you tie a cup between her legs to collect the discharge.

My tongue can adequately mop up the discharge after dinner

SpursforSix
08-22-2016, 02:11 PM

ugh. That's gross.
Do you hang your upscale wings down there if they're too dry?
Hey what's this new flavor? Feta Diarrhea?
ugh. That's gross

IceColdBrewski
08-22-2016, 03:00 PM
I just make my own in the oven. Can usually fit about 50 wing sections on a baking sheet. And for $2 a bottle, the HEB "Flyin" brand wing sauces are actually pretty damn good.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-22-2016, 03:12 PM
ugh. That's gross.
ugh. That's grossWrong hole. Do you only have sex with men?

SpursforSix
08-22-2016, 03:15 PM
Wrong hole. Do you only have sex with men?

it's a combination...didn't you read it? it's a slurry of Feta and diarrhea.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-22-2016, 03:17 PM
it's a combination...didn't you read it? it's a slurry of Feta and diarrhea.

I wasn't the one in the conversation who automatically thought about poop when discussing a woman leaking from "down there".

I. Hustle
08-22-2016, 03:27 PM
ugh. That's gross.
ugh. That's gross

I thought it was discharge from other men. Like they splooged in her then she had to carry the bucket to catch the jizz.

SpursforSix
08-22-2016, 03:27 PM
I wasn't the one in the conversation who automatically thought about poop when discussing a woman leaking from "down there".

I just made an assumption about the kind of chick you'd date.

SpursforSix
08-22-2016, 03:28 PM
I thought it was discharge from other men. Like they splooged in her then she had to carry the bucket to catch the jizz.

http://thejosevilson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Screen-shot-2012-01-31-at-10.00.39-PM.png

I. Hustle
08-22-2016, 03:28 PM

Sorry, Blake. It looks like we have a new cuck expert. You had a good run.

SpursforSix
08-22-2016, 03:29 PM

hey...have you been watching Stranger Things? soooo goood.

I. Hustle
08-22-2016, 03:32 PM
hey...have you been watching Stranger Things? soooo goood.

I already watched the whole season. When does the next one come out? Having never watched Lost before, I started that one up. I'm almost done with season 1.

SpursforSix
08-22-2016, 03:36 PM
I already watched the whole season. When does the next one come out? Having never watched Lost before, I started that one up. I'm almost done with season 1.

I should be done with it today or tomorrow. I don't know about Season 2. It'll probably come out later. I never did try Lost. I don't know what I'll watch next. Thinking about Fortitude.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-22-2016, 03:37 PM
I should be done with it today or tomorrow. I don't know about Season 2. It'll probably come out later. I never did try Lost. I don't know what I'll watch next. Thinking about Fortitude.Lost was always overrated and the ending was atrocious.

SpursforSix
08-22-2016, 03:41 PM
Lost was always overrated and the ending was atrocious.

What about the Shield. That's another one I'm thinking about.

mrsmaalox
08-22-2016, 04:07 PM
Had Wingstop last night. Its always been my favorite because the wings are so well done, small and crispy; I'm really grossed out by those giant fat slimy wings at places like BWW. Well now Wingstop is going the way of those big wings and you have to specifically order them well done to avoid the slime. Flavor is still good but I was kind of disappointed, I'll give them one more chance in a few months and be real specific about what I want.

I. Hustle
08-22-2016, 04:14 PM
Had Wingstop last night. Its always been my favorite because the wings are so well done, small and crispy; I'm really grossed out by those giant fat slimy wings at places like BWW. Well now Wingstop is going the way of those big wings and you have to specifically order them well done to avoid the slime. Flavor is still good but I was kind of disappointed, I'll give them one more chance in a few months and be real specific about what I want.

Huh. I guess wings are a lot like men, aren't they. Really slimy and you have to be very specific about what you want.

Xevious
08-22-2016, 08:22 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings sucks. They're expensive and every time I've gone there, the food takes forever and comes out cold.

Haven't had Wingstop in years, will have to try it again.

DJR210
08-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Who remembers Bennigans wings? Hell even better, Toms Ribs?

:cry .25 cent wings and dollar draft :cry

Fuck youuuuuu inflatiom

RGMCSE
08-22-2016, 09:05 PM

Fuck youuuuuu inflatiom

Was Toms Ribs that place off 410 by sugars? I always wanted to try it but I moved out of state. When I moved back they were gone. :depressed

DJR210
08-22-2016, 10:57 PM
Was Toms Ribs that place off 410 by sugars? I always wanted to try it but I moved out of state. When I moved back they were gone. :depressed

Yeah, they used to hook it up, not surprised they went outta business. Toms was the designated pre-game spot for all Spurs games we attended

SpursforSix
08-22-2016, 11:00 PM

Fuck youuuuuu inflatiom

Bennigans = Monte Cristo

DJR210
08-23-2016, 12:49 AM
Bennigans = Monte Cristo

Even potheads have their limits. It was a cool idea though

InRareForm
08-23-2016, 12:57 AM
Big day tommorow, having wingstop tbh

Xevious
08-23-2016, 01:05 AM
Bennigans = Monte Cristo

This. And one day of the week (forgot which), they had something like 70 cent miller high life.

DJR210
08-23-2016, 03:38 AM
This. And one day of the week (forgot which), they had something like 70 cent miller high life.

God damn even cheaper..Bennigans used to be the shit.. Right around the corner from work, cheap, and after a bunch of beers 5 bucks for 20 good sized wings before the nights cocaine binge. Good times :tu

UNT Eagles 2016
08-23-2016, 07:27 AM
God damn even cheaper..Bennigans used to be the shit.. Right around the corner from work, cheap, and after a bunch of beers 5 bucks for 20 good sized wings before the nights cocaine binge. Good times :tu
My family was never impressed with Bennigan's. I remember getting their chicken fingers (not that good), fries and a shamrock cookie as a kid on the kid's menu... pretty expensive and the chicken was rubbery and flavorless.

When the Texas Roadhouse moved in (410/Ingram by Ingram mall), we'd go there instead of bennigans after a movie

lebomb
08-23-2016, 07:36 AM

Nothing worse than pulling apart the wing and seeing pink meat, that along with the undercooked exterior results in a pink slime wet breading. :vomit:

I. Hustle
08-23-2016, 09:35 AM
My family was never impressed with Bennigan's. I remember getting their chicken fingers (not that good), fries and a shamrock cookie as a kid on the kid's menu... pretty expensive and the chicken was rubbery and flavorless.

When the Texas Roadhouse moved in (410/Ingram by Ingram mall), we'd go there instead of bennigans after a movie

Of course your family didn't care for Bennigan's. You guys were used to upscale dining like TR. The shamrock cookie must have been the last straw.

DJR210
08-23-2016, 05:33 PM
Babe's Old Fashioned Hamburgers has some decent wings.. large wings and homemade buffalo sauce

Nothing worse than pulling apart the wing and seeing pink meat, that along with the undercooked exterior results in a pink slime wet breading. :vomit:

:lol it boggles my mind that these fucktards can send out some under cooked chicken when there's a god damn timer that tells them it's done

DJR210
08-23-2016, 05:34 PM
Of course your family didn't care for Bennigan's. You guys were used to upscale dining like TR.

:lol this "upscale" gimmick is still in it's infancy, but it's picking up some momentum IMO

baseline bum
08-23-2016, 06:06 PM
:lol this "upscale" gimmick is still in it's infancy, but it's picking up some momentum IMO

When I'm in the mood for upscale there's nothing like the bacon guacamole six dollar burger at Carl's Jr with freshly sliced red onion. I like to pair it with a Fanta Strawberry and the waffle fries add a touch of elegance too when they bring it tableside.

SpursforSix
08-23-2016, 08:09 PM
When I'm in the mood for upscale there's nothing like the bacon guacamole six dollar burger at Carl's Jr with freshly sliced red onion. I like to pair it with a Fanta Strawberry and the waffle fries add a touch of elegance too when they bring it tableside.

$6 for a burger?!? Wtf.

DJR210
08-23-2016, 08:16 PM

:lol

baseline bum
08-23-2016, 08:32 PM
$6 for a burger?!? Wtf.

Look, some of us choose to eat at nice places and that costs money in a free market economy. If you think $6 is expensive for the burger don't even think of upgrading your artisan fries to the mini burritos filled with a finely minced beef and their signature tangy tomatillo-chiptole puree finished with diced scallions.

SpursforSix
08-23-2016, 09:13 PM
Look, some of us choose to eat at nice places and that costs money in a free market economy. If you think $6 is expensive for the burger don't even think of upgrading your artisan fries to the mini burritos filled with a finely minced beef and their signature tangy tomatillo-chiptole puree finished with diced scallions.

If I'm going to get an expensive meal, I'm not going to waste it on a $6 burger. I'll go somewhere that serves salad before the meal. I don't know the actual cost to make a burger but I'm pretty sure that on $6, they're at least making $3. Plus the Artisan Fries.

Xevious
08-23-2016, 10:21 PM
If I'm going to get an expensive meal, I'm not going to waste it on a $6 burger. I'll go somewhere that serves salad before the meal. I don't know the actual cost to make a burger but I'm pretty sure that on $6, they're at least making $3. Plus the Artisan Fries.
UNT might be right on point with Roadhouse then. If you get there before 1800 you can get the early bird. A 6oz sirloin, side salad, and a baked potato for $8.99. They even keep ketchup on the table for you so you don't have to ask.

Mark in Austin
08-24-2016, 01:17 AM
But if I want upscale wings, I'll usually go to Chili's.

There is absolutely nothing upscale about Chili's

SpursforSix
08-24-2016, 08:13 AM
UNT might be right on point with Roadhouse then. If you get there before 1800 you can get the early bird. A 6oz sirloin, side salad, and a baked potato for $8.99. They even keep ketchup on the table for you so you don't have to ask.

Maybe. But that's pretty pedestrian. Having to make a deadline to get a cheaper meal.