PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker retires from international play after France's elimination

JohnnyMax
08-18-2016, 12:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tony-parker-retires-from-international-play-after-frances-elimination-002219719.html

apalisoc_9
08-18-2016, 12:21 PM
"France never won an Olympic or FIBA World Cup medal with Parker leading the national team."
"France won bronze at the FIBA World Cup in 2014 without Parker."

RD2191
08-18-2016, 12:27 PM
He should retire from the NBA.

dabom
08-18-2016, 12:31 PM

:lol

apalisoc_9
08-18-2016, 12:40 PM
"France never won an Olympic or FIBA World Cup medal with Parker leading the national team."

dabom
08-18-2016, 12:44 PM
Didn't France win bronze before Tony too? Smh...

SASdynasty!
08-18-2016, 12:59 PM
Parker has 4 championships, a FMVP, and a Eurobasket gold medal (the only gold France has ever won). He retires as the best French player of all time and it's not even close.

Mikeanaro
08-18-2016, 01:00 PM
With a crappy player like that playing PG for our team, we are fucked.

apalisoc_9
08-18-2016, 01:01 PM

Parker has 4 championships, a FMVP, and a Eurobasket gold medal. He retires as the best French player of all time and it's not even close.

Diego20
08-18-2016, 01:02 PM

I. Hustle
08-18-2016, 01:03 PM
Parker has 4 championships, a FMVP, and a Eurobasket gold medal. He retires as the best French player of all time and it's not even close.

This

How people dog on our players is beyond me. TP is going to go down as one of the greatest Spurs and part of the best trio in NBA history.

dabom
08-18-2016, 01:06 PM
Lucky Duncan was able to carry this mtfkr.

spurs10
08-18-2016, 01:09 PM
Parker has 4 championships, a FMVP, and a Eurobasket gold medal (the only gold France has ever won). He retires as the best French player of all time and it's not even close. Quite an accomplishment.

spurs10
08-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Lucky Duncan was able to carry this mtfkr. Tim Duncan did indeed carry many a mtf*r.

dabom
08-18-2016, 01:29 PM
Tim Duncan did indeed carry many a mtf*r.

:lol

Hoops Czar
08-18-2016, 01:39 PM

At least he played for his national team instead of skipping out like a coward.

Clipper Nation
08-18-2016, 02:15 PM
They also won their last Olympic medal the year before Porker joined the team. They never even sniffed a bronze with Porker on the roster.

:lol Porker: a proven cancer in the NBA, FIBA, and the Olympics. When will idiots stop elevating this scrub to the level of true winners like Duncan, Manu and Kawhi?

testies
08-18-2016, 02:20 PM
I now see medal possibilities for France

BackHome
08-18-2016, 02:32 PM
It's only one or two fools with several alts Dabom,Liper Nation etc...

dabom
08-18-2016, 02:54 PM
It's only one or two fools with several alts Dabom,Liper Nation etc...

U mad? Facts brah. :lol

dabom
08-18-2016, 03:19 PM
Mods deleted my truth bombs . :lmao

Brazil
08-18-2016, 03:20 PM
Gold medal at the EuroBasket 2013 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroBasket_2013) and MVP
Silver medal at the EuroBasket 2011 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroBasket_2011)
Bronze medal at the EuroBasket 2005 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroBasket_2005)
Bronze medal at the Eurobasket 2015 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurobasket_2015)

also all time highest scorer at Euro

dabom
08-18-2016, 03:21 PM
So just regional tournaments? :lol how cute...

Brazil
08-18-2016, 03:21 PM
He has played 15 years with France and is considered the best French player all time for national team and it's not even close... I'll let the usual suspects with the stupid

Brazil
08-18-2016, 03:22 PM
So just regional tournaments? :lol how cute...

you were wrong, you're welcome

dabom
08-18-2016, 03:22 PM
You sound like sassy nasty at this point. :lol

dabom
08-18-2016, 03:23 PM
you were wrong, you're welcome

I posed a question. :lmao

SASdynasty!
08-18-2016, 04:03 PM
They also won their last Olympic medal the year before Porker joined the team. They never even sniffed a bronze with Porker on the roster.

:lol Porker: a proven cancer in the NBA, FIBA, and the Olympics. When will idiots stop elevating this scrub to the level of true winners like Duncan, Manu and Kawhi?
Extrapolate this logic and then think of the cancer Duncan was to the USA Olympic team.

Brazil
08-18-2016, 04:16 PM
I posed a question. :lmao

:lmao sure... like is Parker the only to have never won anything without the other two ? you were wrong, it happens brah

dabom
08-18-2016, 04:27 PM
It's a question though. I posed a question and you gave me an answer. Now if I would have stated it as a fact, that is different. Do you understand how English works? :lmao

dabom
08-18-2016, 04:28 PM
You CLEARLY are wrong with your statement though. Ironic right? :lol

Clipper Nation
08-18-2016, 04:37 PM
Extrapolate this logic and then think of the cancer Duncan was to the USA Olympic team.
Porker is to France what Iverson and Marbury are to the US.

Actually, on second thought, Iverson and Marbury qualified for the Olympics in 2004. Porker couldn't even do that, he watched from home.

Clipper Nation
08-18-2016, 04:40 PM
He has played 15 years with France and is considered the best French player all time for national team and it's not even close... I'll let the usual suspects with the stupid
Porker isn't even the best French point guard of all time. Antoine Rigaudeau led France to a silver medal in the Olympics. Porker couldn't even win a shit-stained bronze.

Brazil
08-18-2016, 04:49 PM
It's a question though. I posed a question and you gave me an answer. Now if I would have stated it as a fact, that is different. Do you understand how English works? :lmao

dat backpedaling is cute

Brazil
08-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Porker isn't even the best French point guard of all time. Antoine Rigaudeau led France to a silver medal in the Olympics. Porker couldn't even win a shit-stained bronze.

yes he is

grats for your google search tho

dabom
08-18-2016, 04:54 PM
dat backpedaling is cute

Let me ask you. Was it a question?

I don't expect an answer. :lol

Brazil
08-18-2016, 05:01 PM
Let me ask you. Was it a question?

I don't expect an answer. :lol

u created the thread u should know

kaji157
08-18-2016, 05:02 PM
Too bad for France, he retired a game too late, played great without him.

dabom
08-18-2016, 05:03 PM
u created the thread u should know

But obviously you don't understand how to read sentences. Not that I care about grammer at all. But I do want people to understand what it's being asked.

Spurtacular
08-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Parker needs to retire from the starting line-up next. Patty is clearly the better option.

Brazil
08-18-2016, 05:08 PM
But obviously you don't understand how to read sentences. Not that I care about grammer at all. But I do want people to understand what it's being asked.

I understand questions with agenda... too bad that was not the answer you expected...

dabom
08-18-2016, 05:10 PM
I understand questions with agenda... too bad that was not the answer you expected...

I'm glad you understand you answered my question. I'm glad WE both know you were wrong on your statement though. :lol

Brazil
08-18-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm glad you understand you answered my question. I'm glad WE both know you were wrong on your statement though. :lol

:lol yes we both know

Clipper Nation
08-18-2016, 05:19 PM
yes he is

grats for your google search tho
'Toine > Porker. Deal with it.

Killakobe81
08-18-2016, 06:13 PM
The Tony hate is shameful and worse than how Laker fan treated Pau. No Tony and Spurs are light 2-3 rings ...
He looked good at times in Rio ...not sure why he is hated so much here? I prefer Manu ... but a case can be made he was the most influential spur not named David, Gervin or Tim.

Mister Sinister
08-18-2016, 06:28 PM
This is b8.

TheGreatYacht
08-18-2016, 06:55 PM
At least he played for his national team instead of skipping out like a coward.
OMFG :lmao

One of the most dominant posters, per par tbh

TheGreatYacht
08-18-2016, 06:58 PM
The Tony hate is shameful and worse than how Laker fan treated Pau. No Tony and Spurs are light 2-3 rings ...
He looked good at tomes in Rio ...not sure why he is hated so much? I preferanu but a case can be made he was the most influential spur not named David, Gervin or Tim.
^^^^^^^^^^

SpurOutofTownFan
08-18-2016, 07:33 PM
Parker has 4 championships, a FMVP, and a Eurobasket gold medal (the only gold France has ever won). He retires as the best French player of all time and it's not even close.

/meltdown on

TheGreatYacht
08-18-2016, 07:36 PM
/meltdown on
Yet you're the one bitching on hater's Manu thread, player fan

Play Boban
08-18-2016, 07:55 PM

Truth bomb.

tonight...you
08-18-2016, 08:04 PM
The hook has been bitten. How far will the fish fight before either he's reeled in, or the line breaks...
Let's watch!

K...
08-18-2016, 08:16 PM
In 2016 (nearly fourth quarter! ) if you ask a question of fact in sports forum main thread (instead of using simple research) you are either mega lazy, mega dumb, or trolling. Op is so special I can't decide which.

tonight...you
08-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Parker needs to retire from the starting line-up next. Patty is clearly the better option.
Parker will do what Pop wants. He's said it. If Parker starts, that's on Pop. We all need to get real about this.

Pop calls the shots. You all want to bag on Parker, bag on Pop too.

SupremeGuy
08-18-2016, 08:37 PM

He should retire from the NBA.:lol

SAGirl
08-18-2016, 09:57 PM
He looked good at times in Rio ...not sure why he is hated so much here? I prefer Manu ... but a case can be made he was the most influential spur not named David, Gervin or Tim.

It's disgusting. Far from my favorite guy personally. He has flaws and they are very noticeable bc he has the ball every posession. At the same time, he's a scapegoat. He will be blamed for every failure by the big 2, watch it happen. It's a shame. Obviously the Manu brigade has spearheaded this, but it's now the LMA/Kawhi fans who blame Tony for absolutely everything that goes wrong with them... I wonder if Pau can take some heat from him.

SAGirl
08-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Parker will do what Pop wants. He's said it. If Parker starts, that's on Pop. We all need to get real about this.

Yes, I am in the camp to bag on Pop... he's screwed up things often lately there is no other way to put it.

tonight...you
08-18-2016, 10:10 PM
Yes, I am in the camp to bag on Pop... he's screwed up things often lately there is no other way to put it.
All is fair game, as long as the game is fair.

SAGirl
08-18-2016, 10:15 PM
All is fair game, as long as the game is fair.

:toast:lol You are in a meditative sensei mood good sir.

dabom
08-18-2016, 10:47 PM
It's not hating saying Tony was a negative player 3 playoffs in a row. I think everyone is trucking tired of him. Wasted Duncan's last years for fuck's sake. :lmao

Spurtacular
08-19-2016, 04:13 AM

You're in denial. If this was about simply using the best option, Patty would've been starting in 14 or 15. Parker built up capital with Pop. He wasn't going to just replace him based on a mere calculation.

YGWHI
08-19-2016, 09:28 AM
Good. He needs some rest in the summer...

It's disgusting. Far from my favorite guy personally. He has flaws and they are very noticeable bc he has the ball every posession. At the same time, he's a scapegoat. He will be blamed for every failure by the big 2, watch it happen. It's a shame. Obviously the Manu brigade has spearheaded this, but it's now the LMA/Kawhi fans who blame Tony for absolutely everything that goes wrong with them... I wonder if Pau can take some heat from him.

The way Parker conducts himself and the mistakes he has made in the last two postseasons are enough to draw criticism...Kawhi/LMA have nothing to do with his level of play.

dabom
08-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Are we supposed to blame our good players? :lol

Fathead, Dworst, Porker are the top 3 worst players last postseason. WhoTF do people expect to blame? :lol

SAGirl
08-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Good. He needs some rest in the summer...

The way Parker conducts himself and the mistakes he has made in the last two postseasons are enough to draw criticism...Kawhi/LMA have nothing to do with his level of play.

It's a collective effort bottom line. He gets a share of the blame that is triple the size in comparison. He will remain a scapegoat.

tonight...you
08-19-2016, 01:22 PM
You're in denial. If this was about simply using the best option, Patty would've been starting in 14 or 15. Parker built up capital with Pop. He wasn't going to just replace him based on a mere calculation.
Maybe. Maybe Pop still thinks Parker is better than Patty at running the team.
Are you suggesting that Pop would rather have Patty start, but Parker won't allow him to do it? Parker has Pop completely by the balls on when he plays?

Interesting...

SAGirl
08-19-2016, 01:52 PM
Are you suggesting that Pop would rather have Patty start, but Parker won't allow him to do it? Parker has Pop completely by the balls on when he plays?

Interesting...

Patty is not a PG and was terrible when asked to play as one. He's clearly a SG, but considering circumstances, Pop may feel compelled to start him. If Kawhi is going to be a true point forward then ok.. but to have Patty as a PG, not a good idea. His role in Australia is microwave scoring. Delly is their playmaker.

J_Paco
08-19-2016, 01:52 PM

Patty Mills isn't a point guard, he is an undersized SG that needs to play beside someone that can create, penetrate and finish. Which are three things that he is below average at (including defense).

Trying to make him the next starter isn't the short-term or long-term solution.

If anything, they should traded Patty and kept Cory Joseph. He had the size, defensive chops and had developed enough to start. It wouldn't have been a perfect fit, since he isn't a quality outside shooter, but a better option than our two current PG's.

dabom
08-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Traded Patty? Patty is a top 3 player in the playoffs.

Spurtacular
08-19-2016, 07:01 PM
Patty Mills isn't a point guard, he is an undersized SG that needs to play beside someone that can create, penetrate and finish. Which are three things that he is below average at (including defense).

Trying to make him the next starter isn't the short-term or long-term solution.

If anything, they should traded Patty and kept Cory Joseph. He had the size, defensive chops and had developed enough to start. It wouldn't have been a perfect fit, since he isn't a quality outside shooter, but a better option than our two current PG's.

Don't quit your day job. Keeping Cory over Patty is nonsense. And Patty played PG in college; and he does it well in the NBA. It's fine that he defers much to a great playmaker like Ginobili, though, and moves more w/o the ball when he has such a fine shot.

Spurtacular
08-19-2016, 07:10 PM

Interesting...

In effect, maybe. I think it can be over-stated though. I don't know that Parker is making demands per say. It probably goes more like Parker bristles when certain notions are brought up; or rather, Pop simply doesn't want to alientate him at this point only to possibly have it backfire. But on paper, Mills is the no brainer to start over Parker. If they were wearing any other uniform, that would be the case.

tonight...you
08-19-2016, 07:14 PM
In effect, maybe. I think it can be over-stated though. I don't know that Parker is making demands per say. It probably goes more like Parker bristles when certain notions are brought up; or rather, Pop simply doesn't want to alientate him at this point only to possibly have it backfire. But on paper, Mills is the no brainer to start over Parker. If they were wearing any other uniform, that would be the case.
Okay. I got what you're saying.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-19-2016, 07:20 PM

Patty sucks

Seventyniner
08-19-2016, 08:18 PM

Absolutely false. Having no ball-handling skills or playmaking in your starting backcourt is a disaster.

If Mills and Parker are compared on something like NBA 2K player ratings, I can see Mills having a slight edge. But Patty's skillset is redundant in the starting lineup (he's a shorter Danny Green without the defense) and a Parker/Manu bench pairing doesn't make much sense in this day and age.

SASdynasty!
08-19-2016, 08:34 PM
Patty just got destroyed by the team Parker beat with a game winner a few days ago.

SASdynasty!
08-19-2016, 08:39 PM
Traded Patty? Patty is a top 3 player in the playoffs.
This is a dude that literally averaged 4 PPG and 2 APG this playoffs against OKC on 42% shooting. It's hard to fathom that level of ineptitude in the playoffs.

Spurtacular
08-19-2016, 08:40 PM
Absolutely false. Having no ball-handling skills or playmaking in your starting backcourt is a disaster.

If Mills and Parker are compared on something like NBA 2K player ratings, I can see Mills having a slight edge. But Patty's skillset is redundant in the starting lineup (he's a shorter Danny Green without the defense) and a Parker/Manu bench pairing doesn't make much sense in this day and age.

Parker is no better on defense than Mills; worse frankly. And Mills does not have ball control issues at this point. Comparing his ball handling to DG is disingenuous or just lacking in basketball knowledge.

Parker is not starter quality at this point. Curry tore Parker apart limb from limb.

SASdynasty!
08-19-2016, 08:41 PM
Are we supposed to blame our good players? :lol

Fathead, Dworst, Porker are the top 3 worst players last postseason. WhoTF do people expect to blame? :lol
2016 Playoffs:

Parker: 10.4/5.3 on 45%
Mills: 6.6/2.0 on 43%

SASdynasty!
08-19-2016, 08:42 PM
Parker is no better on defense than Mills; worse frankly. And Mills does not have ball control issues at this point. Comparing his ball handling to DG is disingenuous or just lacking in basketball knowledge.

Parker is not starter quality at this point. Curry tore Parker apart limb from limb.
Just like Parker did to him. Who held Curry to his worst shooting game of all time?

Spurtacular
08-19-2016, 08:55 PM
Just like Parker did to him. Who held Curry to his worst shooting game of all time?

That was because of a team buy-in to stop him. It wasn't Parker being a defensive stopper. :lmao

K...
08-19-2016, 08:57 PM
That was because of a team buy-in to stop him. It wasn't Parker being a defensive stopper. :lmao

Oh so curry demands a team to stop him but prime Parker sucks because he never led a team to the finals?

Spurtacular
08-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Oh so curry demands a team to stop him but prime Parker sucks because he never led a team to the finals?

I'm not a 'porker' fanboy hater. I'm talking about the current state of affairs.

Diego20
08-19-2016, 09:09 PM
Patty just got destroyed by the team Parker beat with a game winner a few days ago.

:lmao dumbass

thiste
08-19-2016, 09:15 PM

Coming from a Clippers fan :lol:lol:lol

Seventyniner
08-19-2016, 09:37 PM

Patty can bring the ball up the floor, more than Danny can do, sure. But actually dribbling through a defense and looking to make a play? Parker, even now, is far better at that. The difference in ball-handling between Patty and Danny is smaller than the one between Patty and Parker.

Defense is another place we disagree. IMO Patty is awful on defense while Parker is just bad.

Bringing up Curry is also either disingenuous or lacking in basketball knowledge if you're trying to make a point. Curry was the runaway MVP and destroyed everyone in the league.

Snaq O'Meal
08-19-2016, 10:22 PM
Who held Curry to his worst shooting game of all time?

The same guy who blocked Curry's 3-point attempt and got into Curry's head.

SAGirl
08-19-2016, 10:44 PM
This is a dude that literally averaged 4 PPG and 2 APG this playoffs against OKC on 42% shooting. It's hard to fathom that level of ineptitude in the playoffs.

As the featured scorer... Quoted for emphasis. To note. Patty has been huge in playoff series b4, but when played as a playmaker his own game as a scorer suffers, everything is an off the dribble jumpshot and he can't create for teammates that way. He needs to play off the ball, his game comes alive that way. He plays well with other playmakers, but he's not one or the best himself. In the olympics, Delly is their playmaker and in the Spurs, aside from Ginobili, the rest of the guys could pass very well, starting with Diaw. Tiago and Dwest were not too shabby as passers and Anderson himself is a distributor at his best.

Whenever he was played without Manu during the season, the playmaker was Anderson or Diaw.

dabom
08-19-2016, 10:55 PM
I don't know why people would bring up ball handling that Tony doesn't have right now. He is more liable for a fucking turnover. :lmao

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 12:22 AM
Coming from a Clippers fan :lol:lol:lol

Not a Clips fan. Just an alt of someone who wants to be on Blake's nuts in case something ever goes down.

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 01:15 AM
Patty can bring the ball up the floor, more than Danny can do, sure. But actually dribbling through a defense and looking to make a play? Parker, even now, is far better at that. The difference in ball-handling between Patty and Danny is smaller than the one between Patty and Parker.

Defense is another place we disagree. IMO Patty is awful on defense while Parker is just bad.

Bringing up Curry is also either disingenuous or lacking in basketball knowledge if you're trying to make a point. Curry was the runaway MVP and destroyed everyone in the league.

You act like Parker is Steve Nash with the ball. He over dribbles and the offense stagnates. His mid range and tear drops have went to sh** b/c he no longer has the legs to sustain it. He's too arrogant to realize he has to pick his spots and not force it. But he wants to be among the team leaders in shots even if it's a detriment to the team. Even the great Duncan gradually accepted less and less shots; and he was a much more efficient scorer. Bringing it back to Mills, he can create in the pick n' roll. Come off and make threes or get into the lane and kick. He doesn't have to dribble dribble dribble. The idea that Parker can do that better is overvaluing that skill at any rate.

I think in general, an argument could be made that Parker is slightly better on D than Mills, particularly in the post. But once you get to elite fast level guards like Curry and Irving, Parker simply can't keep up at this point.

And Curry didn't "destroy" Irving and the Cleveland guards. He did shame Parker though.

From Downtown
08-20-2016, 02:28 AM
He's clearly the best Frenchie of all time and it'seems not even close, c'mon guys

SpurOutofTownFan
08-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Yet you're the one bitching on hater's Manu thread, player fan

Wow sorry I forgot you had to come out to defend your boyfriend

SASdynasty!
08-20-2016, 11:16 AM
You act like Parker is Steve Nash with the ball. He over dribbles and the offense stagnates. His mid range and tear drops have went to sh** b/c he no longer has the legs to sustain it. He's too arrogant to realize he has to pick his spots and not force it. But he wants to be among the team leaders in shots even if it's a detriment to the team. Even the great Duncan gradually accepted less and less shots; and he was a much more efficient scorer. Bringing it back to Mills, he can create in the pick n' roll. Come off and make threes or get into the lane and kick. He doesn't have to dribble dribble dribble. The idea that Parker can do that better is overvaluing that skill at any rate.

I think in general, an argument could be made that Parker is slightly better on D than Mills, particularly in the post. But once you get to elite fast level guards like Curry and Irving, Parker simply can't keep up at this point.

And Curry didn't "destroy" Irving and the Cleveland guards. He did shame Parker though.
Once again your provide zero stars to back up your statements. "Parker overdribbles." Prove it. The reason I ask is because you routinely post false statements unsupported by facts. Here's one:

"Duncan was a much more efficient scorer:

Tim Duncan: Career .506 FG%
Tony Parker: Career .494 FG%

And Duncan is a big, which is why they have the same TS% for their career. In what way was Duncan a MUCH more efficient scorer?

J_Paco
08-20-2016, 01:52 PM
Don't quit your day job. Keeping Cory over Patty is nonsense. And Patty played PG in college; and he does it well in the NBA. It's fine that he defers much to a great playmaker like Ginobili, though, and moves more w/o the ball when he has such a fine shot.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to become apart of the organization. I enjoy being a fan, but I see you think you have some insight.

Yet, none of the nonsense you claim ever comes to pass...

You are a complete idiot if you think Patty Mills is anywhere near a starting NBA caliber PG. He is small, doesn't finish strong, is inconsistent/poor on defense and can't create offense for anyone else. Even on his own national team Dellavedova intents the offense not Patty.

If he was the better option Pop would've experimented with that idea. He didn't cause he is smart enough to know that Patty is to limited to start for 82 games + the playoffs

Oh wait, I forgot who I was arguing with......

dabom
08-20-2016, 02:06 PM
People actually fear Patty. No teams fear Porker.

SASdynasty!
08-20-2016, 02:14 PM
People actually fear Patty. No teams fear Porker.
Let me know when Lebron and Sefalosha start guarding Patty.

dabom
08-20-2016, 02:16 PM
Let me know when Lebron and Sefalosha start guarding Patty.

Don't remind me. Dude airballed the go ahead game winner in game 6 2013. :lmao

dabom
08-20-2016, 02:17 PM
2012 anyone :lmao

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 04:09 PM
Once again your provide zero stars to back up your statements. "Parker overdribbles." Prove it. The reason I ask is because you routinely post false statements unsupported by facts. Here's one:

"Duncan was a much more efficient scorer:

Tim Duncan: Career .506 FG%
Tony Parker: Career .494 FG%

And Duncan is a big, which is why they have the same TS% for their career. In what way was Duncan a MUCH more efficient scorer?

You want me to give you over dribbling stats? Nah. I think we all know that Parker over dribbles at times. It wasn't so bad when the teammates weren't as good and he was much faster and could get into the lane at will. Now, it's much more detrimental.

Duncan was a more efficient scorer. He made quick decisive decisions, one on one or with the double coming. Parker getting into the lane on Duncan screens; Parker not doing much in the way of drive and dish for Timmy though. The fact that Duncan didn't have a higher FG is reflective of him playing with a guy like Parker instead of Nash, tbh.

SASdynasty!
08-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Don't remind me. Dude airballed the go ahead game winner in game 6 2013. :lmao
He had 5 seconds to take it the length of the court. Meanwhile Ginobili had a full clock and couldn't even get a shot off at the end of overtime.

dabom
08-20-2016, 10:53 PM
He had 5 seconds to take it the length of the court. Meanwhile Ginobili had a full clock and couldn't even get a shot off at the end of overtime.

Funny cause we weren't even talking about Manu. :lmao

And Tony has been a bag of shit these past 3 playoffs. :lmao

Hoops Czar
08-20-2016, 10:57 PM
Funny cause we weren't even talking about Manu. :lmao

And Tony has been a bag of shit these past 3 playoffs. :lmao

Good thing because Ginobili was benched in both the 2015 and 2016 playoffs.

dabom
08-20-2016, 11:02 PM
Good thing because Ginobili was benched in both the 2015 and 2016 playoffs.
I know. Good thing right. Meanwhile our starting PG is he worst player in the fucking playoffs right? :lmao

Hoops Czar
08-20-2016, 11:06 PM
I know. Good thing right. Meanwhile our starting PG is he worst player in the fucking playoffs right? :lmao

But, he wasn't benched. :lol

K...
08-20-2016, 11:21 PM

would you rather pay twice the salary to get lillard? You know the eastern conf has some shitty players. You know you are allowed to get into the playoffs with only two or three all stars. you don't need 5 silly.

dabom
08-20-2016, 11:27 PM
would you rather pay twice the salary to get lillard? You know the eastern conf has some shitty players. You know you are allowed to get into the playoffs with only two or three all stars. you don't need 5 silly.

There is a fucking difference from a player actively hurting your fucking team and an average to above average player you stupid fuck. :lol

Play Boban
08-20-2016, 11:41 PM
You do realize Ginobili is half a decade older than Parker, right? Most players can't even make an NBA roster at Ginobili's age, much less command an eight-figure annual salary like he can.

Ginobili was basically playing almost as good as he ever had been in his prime at Parker's age.

dabom
08-20-2016, 11:53 PM

It's worse if he's playing for the other team stupid fuck. :lmao

Hoops Czar
08-21-2016, 12:08 AM
You do realize Ginobili is half a decade older than Parker, right? Most players can't even make an NBA roster at Ginobili's age, much less command an eight-figure annual salary like he can.

Ginobili was basically playing almost as good as he ever had been in his prime at Parker's age.

It's not about age, it's about wear and tear on the human body. You do realize Parker's played 10,000+ more minutes than Manu at the highest level of basketball on the planet, right? That's the equivalent of an additional 5 full 82 game seasons and that doesn't even take into account the added 2000+ more playoff minutes. Parker's played 30+ minutes 11 times in his career compared to Ginobili's 2. Maybe if Pop would have used minute restrictions with Parker at an earlier age, he wouldn't look so finished on the court.

Tearing down one player to make another one look good isn't the way to go.

dabom
08-21-2016, 12:12 AM
It's not about age, it's about wear and tear on the human body. You do realize Parker's played 10,000+ more minutes than Manu at the highest level of basketball on the planet, right? That's the equivalent of an additional 5 full 82 game seasons and that doesn't even take into account the added 2000+ more playoff minutes. Parker's played 30+ minutes 11 times in his career compared to Ginobili's 2. Maybe if Pop would have used minute restrictions with Parker at an earlier age, he wouldn't look so finished on the court.

You do also know there is another thing called intensity right? Like if you go at 100% all the time and porker is going at 40% all the time. You also heal slower as you get older. It's like you a stupid fuck. :lol

Hoops Czar
08-21-2016, 12:30 AM
It's worse if he's playing for the other team stupid fuck. :lmao

But Parker never had 9 turnovers in a potential championship clinching NBA finals game. Silly Asian :lol

Hoops Czar
08-21-2016, 12:33 AM
You do also know there is another thing called intensity right? Like if you go at 100% all the time and porker is going at 40% all the time. You also heal slower as you get older. It's like you a stupid fuck. :lol

Are you using a tape measure or a yard stick to measure Tony's intensity? Where are you getting those %'s from? It's like I'm a stupy fuck? :lol

Also, Ginobili's been relatively healthy so I'm not sure where you're going with the bolded.

dabom
08-21-2016, 12:33 AM
He did have like 15 missed shots though. :lmao

dabom
08-21-2016, 12:34 AM
Are you using a tape measure or a yard stick to measure Tony's intensity? Where are you getting those %'s from? It's like I'm a stupy fuck? :lol

Those aren't real percentages bro. You're so stupid I have to explain it to you. :lmao

houston spurs fan
08-21-2016, 07:58 AM
Do you even think about the shit you write? This take is just terrible

Play Boban
08-21-2016, 09:10 AM

It's about age, minutes played, intensity on the court, etc. Age is the biggest component, though.

gambit1990
08-21-2016, 05:21 PM
good for team france i guess :lol

in the games i saw nando was playing better than parker tbh.

gambit1990
08-21-2016, 10:39 PM
he retired from team france before team france could retire him.

dabom
08-21-2016, 10:41 PM
he retired from team france before team france could retire him.

His Fenchmen were celebrating harder than him. :lol

gambit1990
08-21-2016, 10:50 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17262551/manu-ginobili-built-legacy-love-team-storied-career

can someone link me to the piece zach lowe wrote about parker that includes his international accomplishments?

dabom
08-21-2016, 10:51 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17262551/manu-ginobili-built-legacy-love-team-storied-career

can someone link me to the piece zach lowe wrote about parker that includes his international accomplishments?
Brazil only said he won some regional tournaments. :lol

gambit1990
08-21-2016, 11:35 PM
Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) only said he won some regional tournaments. :lol
MVregionalParker

SASdynasty!
08-23-2016, 01:45 PM

It's the one where he's got Duncan's international accomplishments.

K...
08-23-2016, 01:51 PM

Remember how you read this in another thread and bumped now three different threads? Must be the news of the century!