Brazil
08-18-2016, 04:50 PM
:tu perfect

SpursforSix
08-18-2016, 04:52 PM
I was hoping this was a gag.

Robz4000
So the Spurs won't be contenders for another five years. Great.

dabom
:lmao

dabom
08-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Dude wants to get paid like Manu. Doesn't the guy already know he is getting his legacy checks already. :lmao

Canyonero
08-18-2016, 04:59 PM
Why not 10?

kaji157
08-18-2016, 05:04 PM

I agree! He will be a great addition for us!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/AustinSpurslogo.png

dabom
08-18-2016, 05:07 PM
I agree! He will be a great addition for us!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/AustinSpurslogo.png

http://reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/chang_spits_milk.gif

Clipper Nation
08-18-2016, 05:22 PM
^ "Spurfan" (player fan) celebrating the demise of the Spurs' relevance over the next five years. ^

AFBlue
08-18-2016, 05:27 PM
If he is willing to adjust his role and his game throughout that process, I see no reason why this should be unwelcome news. The Spurs have no "future Tony Parker" guaranteed to show up in the next 5 years, so having a calm veteran presence as the roster endures more turnover (e.g. Ginobili calling it a career) will be crucial.

dabom
08-18-2016, 05:29 PM
If he is willing to adjust his role and his game throughout that process, I see no reason why this should be unwelcome news. The Spurs have no "future Tony Parker" guaranteed to show up in the next 5 years, so having a calm veteran presence as the roster endures more turnover (e.g. Ginobili calling it a career) will be crucial.

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_in_content_image/nick-young-confused-face-1_o7qjig.jpg

RD2191
08-18-2016, 05:30 PM
I'll stop watching the Spurs and hope Kawhi gets traded. No lie.

dabom
08-18-2016, 05:31 PM

It's disgusting really. I've had these exact same thoughts. I don't want Tony closing any fucking game at least.

DenialTwist
08-18-2016, 05:39 PM

I feel the same. Parker's time as a starter is up already. If he is a starter for another 5 years it will be horribe. I also think LaMarcus and Kawhi might end up leaving if the Spurs are not in contention the next 4 years.

lmbebo
08-18-2016, 05:43 PM
If he is willing to accept a lesser role, ok. If he wants to be playing starter mins and start, then yeah, its an issue.

DeRozan m8
08-18-2016, 05:46 PM
What a fucking piece of deluded semen

RD2191
08-18-2016, 05:50 PM
If Parker really cares about the team he'll give up his starting spot and move to the bench. Mills is far from a good PG but at least he brings energy/hustle and a little youth. Man, the Spurs really messed up by letting cojo walk.

RD2191
08-18-2016, 05:51 PM
I feel the same. Parker's time as a starter is up already. If he is a starter for another 5 years it will be horribe. I also think LaMarcus and Kawhi might end up leaving if the Spurs are not in contention the next 4 years.

Let's just hope Pop has the balls to move Parker to the bench.

NASpurs
08-18-2016, 05:57 PM
While not improving his jumper to it being almost automatic and becoming even slower, yay I can't wait. He'll probably want a D Wade contract too.

Snaq O'Meal
08-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Let's just hope Pop has the balls to move Parker to the bench.

Parker already said he'll do anything Pop wants, including coming off the bench.

Whatever happens from now on, it's all on Pop.

Darius Bieber
08-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Start Murray at this point

DeRozan m8
08-18-2016, 06:08 PM
If Parker really cares about the team he'll give up his starting spot and move to the bench.

Thats the thing though, he's always himself before the team.

Dex
08-18-2016, 06:13 PM
So the Spurs won't be contenders for another five years. Great.

Yes, because we certainly haven't been contenders for the last 14 years he's been with us. :rolleyes

Some of you guys are listening to the Porker Club too much. I get that he's not the player he used to be, but it really amazes me that one of the Spurs greatest players gets so much hate around here.

Dex
08-18-2016, 06:14 PM
If Parker really cares about the team he'll give up his starting spot and move to the bench. Mills is far from a good PG but at least he brings energy/hustle and a little youth. Man, the Spurs really messed up by letting cojo walk.

I'll agree with this. He needs to take a page out of Manu's book if he really wants to stick around that long.

dabom
08-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Start Murray at this point

ernest787
08-18-2016, 06:37 PM
I think Tony has already started adjusting his role a bit and we will see more of that this year. He is still good enough that he can take one for spurts when it's needed, but he definitely can't carry the load anymore.

When the Spurs get a legit PG who can take his place, I'm sure he'll move to a bench role. TP as a 6th man would be awesome, but we just don't have the personnel for it yet. In a year or two that could change though.

TheGreatYacht
08-18-2016, 06:53 PM

Clipper Nation
08-18-2016, 07:14 PM
^ "Spurfan" (player fan) celebrating the demise of the Spurs' relevance over the next five years. ^

Robz4000
08-18-2016, 07:22 PM
Yes, because we certainly haven't been contenders for the last 14 years he's been with us. :rolleyes

Some of you guys are listening to the Porker Club too much. I get that he's not the player he used to be, but it really amazes me that one of the Spurs greatest players gets so much hate around here.

Most of those 14 years he was a top tier PG. The last 2-3 he's been a pseudo-cancer.

spurs10
08-18-2016, 07:27 PM
He always depended on his speed and that has naturally subsided. I'm sure he does want to play as long as Tim and Manu. As long as he will play for less money I'm sure he could play with our second unit for awhile. I think he'll start this year, but I expect Patty to match him in minutes. He has acknowledged his role has changed. Nothing to see here...he wants the Tim and Manu treatment.

TrainOfThought5
08-18-2016, 07:34 PM

When does George Hill become a free agent. Its time for him to come home.

lefty
08-18-2016, 07:37 PM
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/2016/05/marvel-setpieces-elevator-escape.gif

elemento
08-18-2016, 07:37 PM
For the min, why not ? :lol

SupremeGuy
08-18-2016, 08:34 PM
What a selfish fucking bitch but I can't blame him completely; if Pop and RC don't force his ass to retire in another year they're the ones fucking this shit up.

Diego20
08-18-2016, 08:43 PM
If his next contract is min vet.. and he plays 15 minutes per game, why not?

SASdynasty!
08-18-2016, 09:39 PM
Good deal, lead the team in assists for 20 years in a row...put him up there with Stockton. And extend his record for points in the playoffs for a PG. Maybe he can double Magic.

SAGirl
08-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Parker already said he'll do anything Pop wants, including coming off the bench.

:tu
The truth. I am thinking maybe they are hoping to grow Dijon... goes right along with Spurs modus operandi. Now we just have to hope Dijon develops and takes that spot. It won't be handed to him.

gospursgojas
08-18-2016, 09:57 PM
What you expect him to say?

DeRozan m8
08-18-2016, 10:12 PM
You know it's bad when the anti-spur, troll TGY likes it.

dabom
08-18-2016, 11:11 PM
What you expect him to say?

Till the wheels fall off?

Snaq O'Meal
08-18-2016, 11:13 PM
The truth. I am thinking maybe they are hoping to grow Dijon... goes right along with Spurs modus operandi. Now we just have to hope Dijon develops and takes that spot. It won't be handed to him.

Actually, there is not only one but two oversized point guards on the team. I just hope they receive the right development that they deserve.

Spurs9
08-18-2016, 11:56 PM
What about Murray? :cry

EIC
08-19-2016, 12:18 AM
Matt Parker needs to come off the bench and lead the second unit. Start Mills.

On the same day Mills dropped 30 pts on Team USA, Parker had just 6 points against Serbia, the last two coming on the final shot. Serbia, for fuck's sake!

HarlemHeat37
08-19-2016, 12:30 AM
https://m.popkey.co/e88490/ovWR_f-maxage-0.gif

wildcardX
08-19-2016, 02:25 AM
Now we know who Bonner sold the blackmail files on Pop to.

cutewizard
08-19-2016, 06:04 AM
Murray's learning curve.....is pivotal for us in the next five years then.....

eric365
08-19-2016, 06:16 AM
I don't know why he would think that. 5 years from now he won't even have the level to be a decent bench player

Of course he'll get way less money and he'll come off the bench whenever Pop decide it. But what's the point of playing this long if you don't have an impact at the end?

I'd rather have him having the Duncan's "until the wheels fall off". And for Parker I think It could already be this season

Kikoluna
08-19-2016, 06:55 AM
As long as it's not Kyle 13 minute mile Anderson saying that we are ok. Tony el gordito can come off the bench

tmtcsc
08-19-2016, 06:57 AM
NEVER going to happen. He will be lucky to finish his current contract as a Spur.

http://rs1193.pbsrc.com/albums/aa355/ohhburn/GIF/tumblr_l790tjCc8H1qb09ad.gif~c200

urunobili
08-19-2016, 07:01 AM
He's a legend. He can play as long as he wants. He made us ring multiple times. If the team starts to content again and his play is detrimental, bench but on the team! :D

TheDoctor
08-19-2016, 07:05 AM
Fuck. This is Bonner all over again.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-19-2016, 07:23 AM

In 4-5 years Aldridge will be present day Pau Gasol.

BillMc
08-19-2016, 07:26 AM
Let's hope his body holds up and his game and role continue to evolve. He's one of the all-time great Spurs, so it would be really great if he end's his career as a Spur. Tony has said all the right things publicly, so hope he does it. .

dabom
08-19-2016, 08:08 AM
He's a legend. He can play as long as he wants. He made us ring multiple times. If the team starts to content again and his play is detrimental, bench but on the team! :D

We're a top 4 team. Top 3 next season. We are contending. Wtf lol.

james evans
08-19-2016, 08:18 AM
welp, we're fucked. No more titles for us. The spurs organization needs to start re-thinking this loyalty shit. We weren't loyal to Bowen

james evans
08-19-2016, 08:23 AM
I don't know why he would think that. 5 years from now he won't even have the level to be a decent bench player

Of course he'll get way less money and he'll come off the bench whenever Pop decide it. But what's the point of playing this long if you don't have an impact at the end?

I'd rather have him having the Duncan's "until the wheels fall off". And for Parker I think It could already be this season
that's the thing, POPOVICH WON'T BENCH THIS MF!!! No matter how bad he's playing and fucking up a playoff series. He just lets him continue to fuck it up season after season..

james evans
08-19-2016, 08:25 AM
He always depended on his speed and that has naturally subsided. I'm sure he does want to play as long as Tim and Manu. As long as he will play for less money I'm sure he could play with our second unit for awhile. I think he'll start this year, but I expect Patty to match him in minutes. He has acknowledged his role has changed. Nothing to see here...he wants the Tim and Manu treatment.
If Parker is this bad now, can u seriously imagine him on an NBA floor, even if it's 5 minutes a game, at 39 years old? Can u seriously see this guy at 39 years old playing pg in the nba for any team?

elbamba
08-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Its not popular but I like Parker and hope he can play 5 more years. I would like to see him start two more years and then transition to a bench player. I see no downside to having a former MVP and you team's greatest PG ever stick around for 3 more years to help with the new crop of point guards.

SPURt
08-19-2016, 10:42 AM
https://i.imgur.com/zBLGP.jpg

gambit1990
08-19-2016, 11:01 AM
i can't stand when people bring up how good he used to be to justify him continuing to start.

not only should he be coming off the bench but he needs to change his style of play as well.

buttsR4rebounding
08-19-2016, 11:19 AM
He could end up as the elder statesman back-up pg. At something around the MLE.

james evans
08-19-2016, 11:28 AM
Its not popular but I like Parker and hope he can play 5 more years. I would like to see him start two more years and then transition to a bench player. I see no downside to having a former MVP and you team's greatest PG ever stick around for 3 more years to help with the new crop of point guards.
the pg position is by far the DEEPEST in the league. When I say deep, I'm talking DEEP. It's a position in which every night you have to bring it. if parker's numbers are decreasing every season, and he's never been able to consistently guard anyone, what makes you think he's gonna continue to get better? I'm not trying to start an argument or shit on you, I just want to hear from people who think that a guy that has obviously gotten worse every year is gonna all of a sudden somehow become a better defender and regain his quickness well into his 30s.. I'm all ears..

rastaspur
08-19-2016, 11:32 AM
I want to bang jessica alba. I don't think its going to ever happen just like parker playing five more years in the nba

Kawhitstorm
08-19-2016, 12:54 PM
Hopefully PATFO give him the Wade treatment.:toast

SuperCam
08-19-2016, 01:00 PM
I'm thinking 5 yrs, 90 million dollar extension for the head of the snake :tu

J_Paco
08-19-2016, 01:01 PM

Don't try to reason with these idiots, man. Waste of your time and energy...

Enjoy, ST. :toast

Good for Tony if his body can hold up 5 more seasons. He'd be 39 years old and coming into his 20th season, so I'm not sure he'll make it.

Pop and the front office need begin find his successor in the starting line-up in earnest soon. Having him start for this upcoming seasons is tolerable only because they have no other options. Hopefully they'll be able to sign or draft the next guy up after this season and Tony can slide right into Manu's role as 6th man.

Not going to get into all the bullshit from the usual "Kawhi Leonard Circle Jerk/Tony Parker Haters Clubs."

J_Paco
08-19-2016, 01:10 PM

The only problem with your plan is that kid isn't a PG. He is a combo guard and probably better suited playing SG long-term.

He isn't the solution and if he was we'd be talking at least two more seasons of Tony starting. That is not acceptable at his age and this point in his career. They need to find immediate help as soon as next season.

SAGirl
08-19-2016, 01:45 PM
The only problem with your plan is that kid isn't a PG. He is a combo guard and probably better suited playing SG long-term.

He isn't the solution and if he was we'd be talking at least two more seasons of Tony starting. That is not acceptable at his age and this point in his career. They need to find immediate help as soon as next season.

It's not my plan personally. Its more a general wondering about him and Spurs.

J_Paco
08-19-2016, 02:06 PM
It's not my plan personally. Its more a general wondering about him and Spurs.

Okay let me rephrase that then. The only problem I see with that plan is that he's a combo guard in the vein of Jamal Crawford.

TheGreatYacht
08-19-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm thinking 5 yrs, 90 million dollar extension for the head of the snake :tu
Completely agree. One of the most objective posters on here

apalisoc_9
08-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Hopefully PATFO give him the Wade treatment.:toast

Pocho La Pantera
08-19-2016, 03:29 PM
He's bluffing

MaNu4Tres
08-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Tony Parker has had a blessed career, a good career and I'm thankful for what he's done on the court for the Spurs.

However, he's overrated.

In the years Spurs realistically contended for a title, Parker has came up short again and again.

03' he won a ring but couldn't handle competing vs. Kidd and Speedy saved his ass.

04' vs. LA, Tony shit the bed after game 2 for 4 straight games vs. Payton.

05' He won a ring, but he rode Manu on steroids and TD. Parker was average at best that playoff run, nothing special.

06' Devin Harris. Need I say more?

07' Cherry picked the MVP from Duncan -- who was the MVP for the Suns series and the whole playoff run. Parker benefited and stat padded vs. the matchup he had against Boobie Gibson for 4 games. His Finals MVP doesn't mean much.

08- 10' Spurs were transitioning and didn't have a shot at a title.

11' Mike Conley ate him alive in the 1st round.

12' TP disappeared after game 2 vs. OKC much like the Lakers series in 04'.

13' Went 6 for 23 in game 6 of the Finals and went 3 for 12 in game 7.

14' Greatest Spurs team ever, yes Parker won a ring, but he wasn't a big reason why they won it. He ranked in the bottom half of the team in just about every advanced metric that year.

15' He had a 14' hangover and came into the year 10 pounds over weight. Never improved physically and he shit the bed the entire 2nd half of the season.

Parker will go down as the best PG in team history but that's not saying much at all. In all honesty, his career would have been like Deron Williams career if it wasn't for TD and Manu.

Any Parker fan boy can point to his PPG all they want, but he doesn't hold Manu or TDs jock in my eyes. Manu and TD are, and forever will be, legends of not just the Spurs but the game of basketball. Parker is, and forever will be, below that.

dabom
08-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Tony Parker has had a blessed career, a good career and I'm thankful for what he's done on the court for the Spurs.

However, he's overrated.

In the years Spurs realistically contended for a title, Parker has came up short again and again.

03' he won a ring but couldn't handle competing vs. Kidd and Speedy saved his ass.

05' He won a ring, but he rode Manu on steroids and TD. Parker was average at best that playoff run, nothing special.

07' Cherry picked the MVP from Duncan -- who was the MVP for the Suns series and the whole playoff run. Parker benefited and stat padded vs. the matchup he had against Boobie Gibson for 4 games. His Finals MVP doesn't mean much.

14' Greatest Spurs team ever, yes Parker won a ring, but he wasn't a big reason why they won it. He ranked in the bottom half of the team in just about every advanced metric that year.

15' He had a 14' hangover and came into the year 10 pounds over weight. Never improved physically and he shit the bed the entire 2nd half of the season.

Parker will go down as the best PG in team history but that's not saying much at all. In all honesty, his career would have been like Deron Williams career if it wasn't for TD and Manu.

Fucking truth NUKES. OMG. :lol

RD2191
08-19-2016, 04:22 PM

However, he's overrated.

Damn, going in raw.

dabom
08-19-2016, 04:23 PM
Brazil ElNono :lmao

dabom
08-19-2016, 04:24 PM
Someone make this guy a MOD. I mean he can't be double bolded can he? :lol

Diego20
08-19-2016, 04:54 PM

However, he's overrated.

Any Parker fan boy can point to his PPG all they want, but he doesn't hold Manu or TDs jock in my eyes. Manu and TD are, and forever will be, legends of not just the Spurs but the game of basketball. Parker is, and forever will be, below that.

omg :wow

Give this dude the key of San Antonio

TD 21
08-19-2016, 05:32 PM

However, he's overrated.

Only the casual/antiquated crowd overrates Parker and he'd have still had a better career than Williams had he played elsewhere because he was clearly more committed, as evidenced by his best seasons coming 11 and 12 years into his career.

People always bring up the '03-'06 playoffs, but not the fact that he was not in his prime yet and obviously he hasn't been from '14 on either. From '07-'14, is where he should really be judged.

He became about as good as possible for a player with his physical limitations and a sub par - mediocre three-point shot. He was never going to be as effective against playoff defenses or post prime as Duncan and Ginobili, for all the obvious reasons.

K...
08-19-2016, 05:37 PM

However, he's overrated.

Congrats on your cherry picking expo.

Parker sucks on the playoffs because he's short. Every offensive pg known has had similar experiences. Teams packed the paint and sometimes this team has shooters to get eat open shots, sometimes they didn't forcing tp to have to freelance.

I mean it's not like he didn't eat regular season minutes "but the playoffs are all the matters" yes for all time greats. No for mid tier stars.

It's ok to be a player fan. You're not alone there. But don't make one sided arguments and believe you hit a truth nuke.

dabom
08-19-2016, 05:40 PM
All Enriqueporker fans on suicide watch. :lmao

K...
08-19-2016, 05:56 PM
All Enriqueporker fans on suicide watch. :lmao

Bro those memes don't even fit together. Settle down and take your ADD medicine

Clipper Nation
08-19-2016, 06:16 PM

However, he's overrated.

BillMc
08-19-2016, 06:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zBLGP.jpg

Still better than Clooney:lol

MVPCues
08-19-2016, 06:26 PM

Solid take.

SPURt
08-19-2016, 06:35 PM
Totally agree! Lol!

spursistan
08-19-2016, 06:57 PM

However, he's overrated.

:wow

AFBlue
08-19-2016, 07:24 PM
i can't stand when people bring up how good he used to be to justify him continuing to start.

not only should he be coming off the bench but he needs to change his style of play as well.

Coming off the bench in favor of who exactly? Don't disagree that he needs to adjust his game and defer more often to Kawhi and LMA, but he's the best PG option on the team currently...and it's not close.

benefactor
08-19-2016, 07:24 PM

However, he's overrated.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1vWzzLEcMhl4Y/giphy.gif

kaji157
08-19-2016, 07:27 PM
ESPN released a ranking of international players based on possible WARP projection.

The list ranks Pau Gsol at #7 and snubs all other Spurs, but whats really worring is the last part of the article where they say and i quote:

Notable omissions
21. Goran Dragic; 22. Tristan Thompson; 23. Marcin Gortat; 27. Andrew Bogut; 28. Manu Ginobili; 29. Patty Mills; 34. Luol Deng; 42. Andrew Wiggins; 57. Ben Simmons; 75. Emmanuel Mudiay; 81. Tony Parker.

The Insiders piece can be read here if you have ESPN Insider pass:
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/17304976

Or here if you donīt (you have to pass a captcha):
http://insider2text.xyz/articles/0e5034d4ca4168d1

Special thanx to the http://insider2text.xyz/ tool.

timtonymanu
08-19-2016, 10:14 PM

However, he's overrated.

So many truth bombs. Where's sasdynasty with his weak arguments :cry buh buh PPG, leading in assists etc.

timtonymanu
08-19-2016, 10:15 PM
If Parker does last that long, I really hope he's willing to come off the bench after his current contract expires. If he's not going to accept that, let him walk.

SAGirl
08-20-2016, 12:14 AM
ESPN released a ranking of international players based on possible WARP projection.

The list ranks Pau Gsol at #7 and snubs all other Spurs, but whats really worring is the last part of the article where they say and i quote:

The Insiders piece can be read here if you have ESPN Insider pass:
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/17304976

Or here if you donīt (you have to pass a captcha):
http://insider2text.xyz/articles/0e5034d4ca4168d1

Special thanx to the http://insider2text.xyz/ tool.

Hey Kaji, thanks for sharing. :toast Might Gobert be too high on that list? Yea, Patty and Manu are not that high in that list and Tony at 81 is abysmal.

T Park
08-20-2016, 04:02 AM

Then you were never a fan. Adios. Hit the road.

DeRozan m8
08-20-2016, 05:59 AM
Not going to get into all the bullshit from the usual "Kawhi Leonard Circle Jerk/Tony Parker Haters Clubs."

Theres no club, its called having an opinion.

The reason its a popular opinion is because the things said have merit.

Cheers

SASdynasty!
08-20-2016, 06:51 AM

However, he's overrated.

Literally every one of your statements is either blatantly wrong or obviously misleading. I just have time for a few examples to start:

2007 - Parker outplays Lebron in the Finals (the first player ever to do that and one of 3 that ever will)...a list that does not include Ginobili or Duncan.

2011 - Parker outplays Conley, but can't make up for the disparity between Duncan and Randolph:

Parker: 20/5 on 46%
Conley: 14/6 on 40%

Duncan: 13/11 on 48%
Randolph: 22/9 on 50%

2013 - Parker outplays Curry in the 2nd round, and then absolutely destroys Conley in the WCF to make sure Duncan doesn't choke another playoffs away against Randolph:

Parker: 25/10/4 on 53%
Conley: 15/6/4 on 38%

2014 - Parker carries the Spurs into the playoffs, saves them in their only elimination game, and carries the weight of the team like no other player except for Duncan in 2003 in a title run. Parker is literally the only All-Star on the team. He is literally the only All-NBA player. He leads the team in scoring and assists in the regular season AND playoffs. And in the Finals he carries the scoring load and closes out the series with one of the best 4th quarters in Finals history, securing the championship that some players literally gave to the Heat the year before.

---

As usual, you don't post any stats at all and say things like "Parker got eaten alive by Conley in 2011." How dumb can you honestly be? Do you honestly think people are going to believe you? The funniest part about it is that the whole krew actually does because they also don't know facts, just statements. Good job in continuing to show how ridiculously biased you are against Parker to the point where you actually use all the wrong series to make your points. What's next? You going to use 2008 against Phoenix to say Nash outplayed Parker?

SASdynasty!
08-20-2016, 07:05 AM
A plea to the krew: at some point you guys need to start using stats in your arguments. I know it takes time and effort, but it really helps you make your points. There are plenty of playoff series you can use to discredit Parker (just like any player), but if you don't know stats or don't really remember the series correctly, then you just end up looking dumb to actual Spurs fans because you use all the wrong series.

Here's a good example. You're really not going to want to use 2012 against OKC. Here's why:

Parker: 22/6 on 48%
Westbrook: 18/7 on 38%

What you need to say is that Parker really needed to outplay Westbrook by even more to make up for the rest of the team. If you say it that way, people might actually take you seriously.

dbreiden83080
08-20-2016, 07:54 AM
Needs the money I guess..

Diego20
08-20-2016, 08:00 AM
Literally every one of your statements is either blatantly wrong or obviously misleading. I just have time for a few examples to start:

2007 - Parker outplays Lebron in the Finals (the first player ever to do that and one of 3 that ever will)...a list that does not include Ginobili or Duncan.

2011 - Parker outplays Conley, but can't make up for the disparity between Duncan and Randolph:

Parker: 20/5 on 46%
Conley: 14/6 on 40%

Duncan: 13/11 on 48%
Randolph: 22/9 on 50%

2013 - Parker outplays Curry in the 2nd round, and then absolutely destroys Conley in the WCF to make sure Duncan doesn't choke another playoffs away against Randolph:

Parker: 25/10/4 on 53%
Conley: 15/6/4 on 38%

2014 - Parker carries the Spurs into the playoffs, saves them in their only elimination game, and carries the weight of the team like no other player except for Duncan in 2003 in a title run. Parker is literally the only All-Star on the team. He is literally the only All-NBA player. He leads the team in scoring and assists in the regular season AND playoffs. And in the Finals he carries the scoring load and closes out the series with one of the best 4th quarters in Finals history, securing the championship that some players literally gave to the Heat the year before.

---

As usual, you don't post any stats at all and say things like "Parker got eaten alive by Conley in 2011." How dumb can you honestly be? Do you honestly think people are going to believe you? The funniest part about it is that the whole krew actually does because they also don't know facts, just statements. Good job in continuing to show how ridiculously biased you are against Parker to the point where you actually use all the wrong series to make your points. What's next? You going to use 2008 against Phoenix to say Nash outplayed Parker?

Now TP is better than Duncan..

K...
08-20-2016, 08:07 AM

In 2012

Play Boban
08-20-2016, 09:36 AM
Of course Tony wants to stay five more years. How many more players' marriages can he destroy? First Brent, then Timmy...who's next?

Snaq O'Meal
08-20-2016, 10:55 AM
The 2007 finals is like watching the Lord of the Rings. While the ranger, elf and wizard did all the heavy lifting against formidable foes, the hobbit walked away with the MVP after overcoming a little scrub.

look_at_g_shred
08-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Ugh forreal though? Tony you've done enough man!

SASdynasty!
08-20-2016, 11:03 AM

He was in many years, which is why he was an All-Star when Duncan wasn't, All-NBA when Duncan wasn't, and finished higher than Duncan in MVP voting multiple times. 2011 was Duncan's worst payoff run outside of 2016.

SASdynasty!
08-20-2016, 11:06 AM
The 2007 finals is like watching the Lord of the Rings. While the ranger, elf and wizard did all the heavy lifting against formidable foes, the hobbit walked away with the MVP after overcoming a little scrub.
So in your analogy, who were the 3 guys better than Parker in 2007?

Let me help you out:

2007 Regular Season:

Tim Duncan: 20/11/3 on 55%
Tony Parker: 19/6/3 on 52%
Manu Ginobili: 17/4/4 on 46%
Michael Finley: 9/3/1 on 41%

2007 Playoffs:

Tim Duncan: 22/12/3 on 52%
Tony Parker: 21/6/3 on 48%
Manu Ginobili: 17/6/4 on 40%
Michael Finley: 11/3/3 on 41%

2007 Finals:

Tony Parker: 25/5/3 on 57%
Tim Duncan: 18/12/4 on 45% (Duncan dipped quite a bit in the Finals)
Manu Ginobili: 18/6/3 on 37% (wow)
Bruce Bowen: 6/6/1 on 30% (haha)

In reality, the rest of the team played really bad in the Finals. Thankfully Parker outplayed Lebron bad enough to where it didn't become a series.

So yet another case of a false narrative. Wow, you guys are really good at coming up with new ways to express fiction. Also, that would have been a great analogy if there were 3 players that carried the load in 2007. Too bad it was Duncan and Parker that did that job as usual.

TheGreatYacht
08-20-2016, 11:07 AM
I know the Kiwitards ain't talking about playoff shortcomings :lol do we really have to go into that..... rofl

As for Manuretard, your boy has given away championships as easy as his turnovers. He's also gotten outplayed by scrubs from the likes of Austin Rivers to Dion Butters. He's on the outside of the Top 5 Spurs behind Duncan, Robinson, Parker, Gervin, and Bowen. Only the third worlders believe he's up there with them :lol tbh

Play Boban
08-20-2016, 11:14 AM
I know the Kiwitards ain't talking about playoff shortcomings :lol do we really have to go into that..... rofl

As for Manuretard, your boy has given away championships as easy as his turnovers. He's also gotten outplayed by scrubs from the likes of Austin Rivers to Dion Butters. He's on the outside of the Top 5 Spurs behind Duncan, Robinson, Parker, Gervin, and Bowen. Only the third worlders believe he's up there with them :lol tbh

Bowen a top 5 Spur? I don't know, man.

kaji157
08-20-2016, 11:26 AM
Hey Kaji, thanks for sharing. :toast Might Gobert be too high on that list? Yea, Patty and Manu are not that high in that list and Tony at 81 is abysmal.

Itīs not really a ranking, but a projection of the advanced stat that mentions.
Yet it is strange as Manu always did very well in advanced stats.
Tony was historically weak in advanced stats, but that fall is also a cause of concern.

SASdynasty!
08-20-2016, 11:28 AM
Itīs not really a ranking, but a projection of the advanced stat that mentions.
Yet it is strange as Manu always did very well in advanced stats.
Tony was historically weak in advanced stats, but that fall is also a cause of concern.
Which advanced stats? There are dozens.

kaji157
08-20-2016, 11:30 AM
Which advanced stats? There are dozens.

WARP

HarlemHeat37
08-20-2016, 12:04 PM
WARP

To be fair, advanced metrics hate Parker's game, tbh, so it's a little unfair to judge him with that criteria..he generally ranks poorly in virtually all relevant advanced metrics in relation to his peers and perception..

For example, the metrics say that he was a distant 3rd during the 2007 playoff run:

PER(a stat that generally undervalues PG play, particularly pass-first PGs)-
Duncan 27.4
Ginobili 21.9
Parker 18.7

TS%
Ginobil 55.9
Duncan 55.6
Parker 52.3

WS
Duncan 3.3
Ginobili 2.6
Parker 1.6

WS/48
Duncan .214
Ginobili .204
Parker .100

BPM
Duncan 7.2
Ginobili 6.3
Parker 0.5

VORP
Duncan 1.7
Ginobili 1.3
Parker 0.5

RAPM(season + playoffs)
Duncan 8.8(#1 in the league)
Ginobili 7.2(#3 in the league behind Lebron and Duncan)
Parker 1.6(top 50ish)

They also imply that Parker had the 2nd least impact on the team during the 2014 title run, too..while he didn't have a good playoff run outside of a few games, it's unfair to say that he had the 2nd least impact among rotation players IMO..

HarlemHeat37
08-20-2016, 12:08 PM
As for Parker playing 5 more years, it obviously isn't ideal..he's currently a very difficult player to utilize, as he's virtually useless without the ball, and he only shoots uncontested 3s from the corners, which is unheard of for a PG throughout the history of the league(part of the reason he's difficult to have on the court, right now)..he needs to be a high-usage player to be effective, unfortunately..

He had a great start to the season, the 2nd best on the team IMO, but was a disaster from January to April..TP could thrive in a more limited role, but that may not be a possibility, as the alternatives for offensive QB are scarce..

The front office hasn't done the team any favors, re: Parker and Ginobili's playing time..Parker shouldn't be playing more than 20 MPG and Ginobili shouldn't see more than 15 MPG, but they are the only 2 natural playmakers on the team, at this point..you don't see many players at Kawhi's position running the offense, Aldridge is a black hole, Mills is a limited ball-handler for his position, Green can't dribble, etc..I suppose Kyle Anderson could emerge, but that's far from a given..

AZK619
08-20-2016, 12:25 PM

However, he's overrated.

An atomic bomb :wow

bklynspursfan
08-20-2016, 01:23 PM

I know... people are super ignorant and immature it's amazing. He's a serviceable PG. If he can continue to improve on his jump shot it'll help him and the team even more.

Seventyniner
08-20-2016, 01:24 PM
Congrats on your cherry picking expo.

Parker sucks on the playoffs because he's short. Every offensive pg known has had similar experiences. Teams packed the paint and sometimes this team has shooters to get eat open shots, sometimes they didn't forcing tp to have to freelance.

I mean it's not like he didn't eat regular season minutes "but the playoffs are all the matters" yes for all time greats. No for mid tier stars.

It's ok to be a player fan. You're not alone there. But don't make one sided arguments and believe you hit a truth nuke.

The best response I've seen yet.

tholdren
08-20-2016, 01:49 PM
5 is pushing it, but he wasn't statistically his worst, and rang a couple of times when he had worse playoff stats than last year. He shouldn't be the player SA defers to, but he's not TOing it a great speeds. His defense is bad, but there are not any great all round pgs in the league.

CGD
08-20-2016, 02:05 PM
Good by me if that also involves transitioning to a bench role over time and a next/final contract that makes sense.

Birn
08-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Good with me. He deserves another contract with the Spurs. Probably will do what TD did and take a cap friendly deal that allows the spurs to remain competitive in free agency. To all the Parker haters, we're you also critical of TD as his career was declining these last few years?

dabom
08-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Good with me. He deserves another contract with the Spurs. Probably will do what TD did and take a cap friendly deal that allows the spurs to remain competitive in free agency. To all the Parker haters, we're you also critical of TD as his career was declining these last few years?

Tim Duncan has been great in the playoffs these last years. He has one down year and he retires. :lol

Yeah, not even close. :lmao

Play Boban
08-20-2016, 02:58 PM
When Tony retires, he's taking Pop's wife back with him to France.

SAGirl
08-20-2016, 04:14 PM
As for Parker playing 5 more years, it obviously isn't ideal..he's currently a very difficult player to utilize, as he's virtually useless without the ball, and he only shoots uncontested 3s from the corners, which is unheard of for a PG throughout the history of the league(part of the reason he's difficult to have on the court, right now)..he needs to be a high-usage player to be effective, unfortunately..

He had a great start to the season, the 2nd best on the team IMO, but was a disaster from January to April..TP could thrive in a more limited role, but that may not be a possibility, as the alternatives for offensive QB are scarce..

The front office hasn't done the team any favors, re: Parker and Ginobili's playing time..Parker shouldn't be playing more than 20 MPG and Ginobili shouldn't see more than 15 MPG, but they are the only 2 natural playmakers on the team, at this point..you don't see many players at Kawhi's position running the offense, Aldridge is a black hole, Mills is a limited ball-handler for his position, Green can't dribble, etc..I suppose Kyle Anderson could emerge, but that's far from a given..
Agree with you there. It's something I observed too. Passive Tony doesn't help win games. He needs to contribute scoring and set ppl for good shots (not end of shot clock, "save a possession pls heaves"). He's still important.

As for Kyle, I have been high on him since b4 he was drafted. He's special. Not that he's the savior or anything, but bc he's a natural playmaker and contributes a bunch of stuff that goes unnoticed by many here and taken for granted just bc he was the 5th option any time he was in the court. He can do more and Spurs probably needed him to do more even last season. Enough said.

gambit1990
08-20-2016, 11:56 PM
Coming off the bench in favor of who exactly? Don't disagree that he needs to adjust his game and defer more often to Kawhi and LMA, but he's the best PG option on the team currently...and it's not close.
i disagree. some people here say they're against starting murray or mills because neither of them are true PGs... tony never was either!

murray and mills won't ever have a problem of not deferring to kawhi and lma enough tbh.

james evans
08-21-2016, 02:27 AM
Thegreatyacht and SASDynasty I have a question for the 2 of you and it's simple. If you were the spurs gm right now and you had to get rid of either Leonard or Parker tomorrow, which one of those guys are you letting go. Just a simple answer will do. No need to explain your answer. I just want to see you type "parker" for clarification that you're mentally incompetent to hold a serious discussion so I can never respond to you 2 again. That's all. Nothing personal.

J_Paco
08-21-2016, 11:22 AM
i disagree. some people here say they're against starting murray or mills because neither of them are true PGs... tony never was either!

murray and mills won't ever have a problem of not deferring to kawhi and lma enough tbh.

Why do you speak in absolutes? You don't know what either would do since they aren't placed in the position.

And even if Tony isn't a "PG" - which he clearly is - his feel for the game, ball handling and ability to run an offense is much, much better than Mills (undersized SG) and Murray (chucking, combo guard ala Jamal Crawford).

No one on the roster is fit to take his spot, yet. They gotta add that player soon and Tony should be willing to take an even lesser role. That'll be the only way he can play 5 more seasons, IMO.

gambit1990
08-21-2016, 12:08 PM
Why do you speak in absolutes? You don't know what either would do since they aren't placed in the position.

And even if Tony isn't a "PG" - which he clearly is - his feel for the game, ball handling and ability to run an offense is much, much better than Mills (undersized SG) and Murray (chucking, combo guard ala Jamal Crawford).

No one on the roster is fit to take his spot, yet. They gotta add that player soon and Tony should be willing to take an even lesser role. That'll be the only way he can play 5 more seasons, IMO.
because i know what i'm talking about. i called parker not being good enough when people on here thought he should be an all star. he's not getting any younger.

we haven't seen murray with the spurs... mills doesn't hold the ball like parker.

J_Paco
08-21-2016, 02:02 PM
because i know what i'm talking about. i called parker not being good enough when people on here thought he should be an all star. he's not getting any younger.

we haven't seen murray with the spurs... mills doesn't hold the ball like parker.

Wow, that proves so much........

You predicted a player would age and get worse. Amazing analysis!!!

Can you give me Tuesday's MegaMillions numbers while you're at it, Ms. Cleo?

dabom
08-21-2016, 02:10 PM
Wow, that proves so much........

You predicted a player would age and get worse. Amazing analysis!!!

Can you give me Tuesday's MegaMillions numbers while you're at it, Ms. Cleo?

Funny cause half the board thought he would bounce back many times through a couple of years. If it was so easy, I guess those other people must be huge fucking morons then to not see it either right? :lmao

SASdynasty!
08-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Thegreatyacht and SASDynasty I have a question for the 2 of you and it's simple. If you were the spurs gm right now and you had to get rid of either Leonard or Parker tomorrow, which one of those guys are you letting go. Just a simple answer will do. No need to explain your answer. I just want to see you type "parker" for clarification that you're mentally incompetent to hold a serious discussion so I can never respond to you 2 again. That's all. Nothing personal.
Before you call people incompetent, you might want to check your phrasing. My answer is Parker. I'll let you figure out if I'm incompetent based on your wording.

GSH
08-21-2016, 05:17 PM
I think they should start a Senior NBA. We could see all our old favorite players hobble around and cheer for them. Parker could play five more years for the Senior Spurs. Or the Silver Spurs?

K...
08-21-2016, 05:49 PM
I think they should start a Senior NBA. We could see all our old favorite players hobble around and cheer for them. Parker could play five more years for the Senior Spurs. Or the Silver Spurs?

I've wanted this for awhile too because I want guys like Kobe to stick around and not embarrass himself. Ray Allen is another good player.

I think the nba should do more alt content to meet their demand for tv do they cut the number of games. Promote the d league is another priority.

ElNono
08-21-2016, 06:39 PM

The Nostalgia Basketball Association... oh wait that's taken...

tbdog
08-21-2016, 07:58 PM
The Spurs will have to play a tone of Horns, which makes sense. All our bigs, save Dedmond, can play Horns. For those who don't know what Horns is, imagine one of the bigs getting the ball at the edge of the key, this can include Leonard. Parker, Manu, Simmons will cut to the basket with a screen by the other big who is on the opposite edge of the key, the passer will look for the cut, if not, the cutter can then rotate to the corner or set a backscreen for another player or for the big that rotates to the basket. That would be our new loop. Hoping to create a switch on the cut as especially LMA and Gasol have to be respected with their jumpers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt3C_NB5n70

The offense will look a little different when Mills and Green are out there, as both are not great cutters and finishers around the basket. But both can do well on the Elevator screen which suits Horns set up. Elevator is like a elevator door. Both big man stand on the both edges of the key just like Horns but they won't have the door. Mills/green will run a simple cut or staggered screen then shoot up from near under the hoop and straight to the top of the three point line. Both bigs then will close to door allowing Green and Mills to perform a catch a shoot at the center of the three point line. From there you look for the switch. If the big switchers on the shooter, the big runs down to the block for the entry pass.

I dare say these two move sets will be the basic foundation of the Spurs offensive system and Zipper Loop will be replaced as Parker just effective on the loop anymore.

Snaq O'Meal
08-22-2016, 12:11 AM
So in your analogy, who were the 3 guys better than Parker in 2007?

Let me help you out:

2007 Regular Season:

Tim Duncan: 20/11/3 on 55%
Tony Parker: 19/6/3 on 52%
Manu Ginobili: 17/4/4 on 46%
Michael Finley: 9/3/1 on 41%

2007 Playoffs:

Tim Duncan: 22/12/3 on 52%
Tony Parker: 21/6/3 on 48%
Manu Ginobili: 17/6/4 on 40%
Michael Finley: 11/3/3 on 41%

2007 Finals:

Tony Parker: 25/5/3 on 57%
Tim Duncan: 18/12/4 on 45% (Duncan dipped quite a bit in the Finals)
Manu Ginobili: 18/6/3 on 37% (wow)
Bruce Bowen: 6/6/1 on 30% (haha)

In reality, the rest of the team played really bad in the Finals. Thankfully Parker outplayed Lebron bad enough to where it didn't become a series.

So yet another case of a false narrative. Wow, you guys are really good at coming up with new ways to express fiction. Also, that would have been a great analogy if there were 3 players that carried the load in 2007. Too bad it was Duncan and Parker that did that job as usual.

The whole point of that LOTR analogy was that nobody was stated to be better than the others, merely everyone had a job to do. That point was evidently lost on you due to your fixation on Parker being better than everyone else (even Duncan).

The most monumental task of that 2007 series with the Cavs was slowing down a very dominant LeBron James. Since you claimed that Parker outplayed LeBron while the others didn't carry the load, can you please explain what Parker did defensively to slow LeBron down?

And speaking of defence, why is Parker's impact on that end not reflected in advanced stats (i.e. those that also take defensive contributions into account)? Since you like to quote numbers so much, care to explain the following 2007 play-offs stats?

WS
Duncan 3.3
Ginobili 2.6
Parker 1.6

WS/48
Duncan .214
Ginobili .204
Parker .100

BPM
Duncan 7.2
Ginobili 6.3
Parker 0.5

VORP
Duncan 1.7
Ginobili 1.3
Parker 0.5

Diego20
08-22-2016, 09:11 AM
The whole point of that LOTR analogy was that nobody was stated to be better than the others, merely everyone had a job to do. That point was evidently lost on you due to your fixation on Parker being better than everyone else (even Duncan).

The most monumental task of that 2007 series with the Cavs was slowing down a very dominant LeBron James. Since you claimed that Parker outplayed LeBron while the others didn't carry the load, can you please explain what Parker did defensively to slow LeBron down?

And speaking of defence, why is Parker's impact on that end not reflected in advanced stats (i.e. those that also take defensive contributions into account)? Since you like to quote numbers so much, care to explain the following 2007 play-offs stats?

WS
Duncan 3.3
Ginobili 2.6
Parker 1.6

WS/48
Duncan .214
Ginobili .204
Parker .100

BPM
Duncan 7.2
Ginobili 6.3
Parker 0.5

VORP
Duncan 1.7
Ginobili 1.3
Parker 0.5

:cry PPG dude, PPG :cry

FMVP :cry

SASdynasty!
08-22-2016, 09:30 AM

WS
Duncan 3.3
Ginobili 2.6
Parker 1.6

WS/48
Duncan .214
Ginobili .204
Parker .100

BPM
Duncan 7.2
Ginobili 6.3
Parker 0.5

VORP
Duncan 1.7
Ginobili 1.3
Parker 0.5
As I've said a million times on this forum, advanced stats show guys like Boban to be our best player. This is why I value them much less than who actually carries the scoring load (which is how you win games in basketball) and if you shoot well from the field while doing it. Replacements stats are theoretical stats that show what would have happened in a universe that doesn't exist. That's great and goes right along with all you guys' arguments such as "if the Spurs had CP3, we'd have 8 titles." Ok I guess there is no argument against that.

As far as Parker's defense, what exactly do you want to see? Will you accept things like this?

2014 Regular Season:

Lebron James: 27/7/6 on 57%
Mario Chalmers: 10/5/3 on 45%

2014 NBA Finals:

Lebron James: 28/8/4 on 57%
Mario Chalmers: 4/3/1 on 33%

So Parker shut down his guy while Kawhi let his guy get his numbers. But we all knew that.

TheGreatYacht
08-22-2016, 10:35 AM
As I've said a million times on this forum, advanced stats show guys like Boban to be our best player. This is why I value them much less than who actually carries the scoring load (which is how you win games in basketball) and if you shoot well from the field while doing it. Replacements stats are theoretical stats that show what would have happened in a universe that doesn't exist. That's great and goes right along with all you guys' arguments such as "if the Spurs had CP3, we'd have 8 titles." Ok I guess there is no argument against that.

As far as Parker's defense, what exactly do you want to see? Will you accept things like this?

2014 Regular Season:

2014 NBA Finals:

So Parker shut down his guy while Kawhi let his guy get his numbers. But we all knew that.
Holy shit :lmao

Clipper Nation
08-22-2016, 11:19 AM
Are we supposed to be impressed by the fact that Mario Chalmers didn't put up a better statline than the greatest basketball player of all time?

:lol Porkersuckers

Clipper Nation
08-22-2016, 11:23 AM
For the record, the realists have used statistics all the time to show that Porker really is a scrub.

Porkersuckers have never had an answer to any of these stats:

Based on the dropoff in BPM from regular season to post-season:

http://s5.postimg.org/rcwjg880n/RS_PO_BPM_differentials_worst.png

Might as well have all the data in one place.

http://s5.postimg.org/rey1k3i53/Parker_RS_PS_TS_Comparisons2.png

Just look at the dropoff in every advanced metric from season(RS) to post-season(PS).

19.0 PER RS
16.9 PER PS

.147 WS/48 RS
.085 WS/48 PS

109 ORtg RS
103 ORtg PS

.550 TS% RS
.515 TS% PS

32.7% Assist Percentage RS
27.7% Assist Percentage PS

1.2 BPM RS
0.2 BPM PS

This season's choke:

16.2 PER RS
15.1 PER PS

.142 WS/48 RS
.099 WS/48 PS

108 ORtg RS
103 ORtg PS

.546 TS% RS
.499 TS% PS

29.1% Assist Percentage RS
32.8% Assist Percentage PS (wow, he actually improved at something in the playoffs for once!)

0.1 BPM RS
-0.5 BPM PS

Kareem, Jordan, Shaq, and Lebron never had a cancer like Tony Parker holding them back from repeating. Parker has always choked in every repeat year.

2004 vs LA:

.594 TS% - Manu
.534 TS% - Duncan
.421 TS% - Enrique

And Pop's plan was to give Tony the most shot attempts:

19 FGA/g - Enrique
15 FGA/g - Duncan
10 FGA/g - Manu

2006 vs Dallas:

.640 TS% - Manu
.615 TS% - Duncan
.478 TS% - Enrique

Duncan and Manu were beasting against the Mavs. Tony was chucking and wilting, holding them back.

2013 vs Heat:

.583 TS% - Kawhi
.554 TS% - Duncan
.472 TS% - Enrique

14.6 FGA/g - Enrique
14.6 FGA/g - Duncan
11.4 FGA/g - Kawhi

Outplayed by Mario Chalmers in games 6 and 7. lol MVP candidate. When Tony is your #1 option, you're fucked.

dabom
08-22-2016, 11:29 AM
It's proven Tony has been a choker his whole life. :lol

K...
08-22-2016, 11:46 AM
It's proven Tony has been a choker his whole life. :lol

I would say inconsistent at worst and as I saw the games my opinion carries more weight

dabom
08-22-2016, 12:15 PM
I would say inconsistent at worst and as I saw the games my opinion carries more weight

I saw the fucking games too. I actually live here so my opinion carries more weight.

gambit1990
08-22-2016, 01:17 PM
is steve nash available? :lol he could probably average twice as many assists as parker did last season.

Spur-Addict
08-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Should be primary scorer off the bench.

LittleCriminal
08-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Hopefully its the Austin Spurs...

Diego20
08-22-2016, 02:40 PM

2014 Regular Season:

2014 NBA Finals:

faggot keep putting Boban as an example :lmao

gambit1990
08-22-2016, 02:52 PM
faggot keep putting Boban as an example :lmao
using mario chalmers as an example :lol

SASdynasty!
08-22-2016, 02:55 PM
is steve nash available? :lol he could probably average twice as many assists as parker did last season.
Lol, Parker sending Nash home 4 times in the playoffs wasn't enough for you? The 2008 embarrassment wasn't enough for you? How bad did you want Parker to outscore Nash in the playoffs to make up for those assists?

gambit1990
08-22-2016, 02:55 PM
there's not a time in chalmer's career where i'd even want him as a back up pg.

SASdynasty!
08-22-2016, 02:57 PM
using mario chalmers as an example :lol
Hey you guys are the ones who always bring up Chalmers. I'm just showing you where Parker cut hit production in half in the playoffs. Too bad our DPOY couldn't hold his matchup to his averages.

Diego20
08-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Lol, Parker sending Nash home 4 times in the playoffs wasn't enough for you? The 2008 embarrassment wasn't enough for you? How bad did you want Parker to outscore Nash in the playoffs to make up for those assists?

Nash was 34 years old in 2008, same age TP has now (and he has been sucking last 3 years). You can't compare old Nash with old TP, you don't want to do that.. :lmao

Let's see if TP can put 16,4 points per game and 9,7 assists per game just like Nash did in 2009

gambit1990
08-22-2016, 03:09 PM
parker was on the bench when we eliminated the mavs (rookie manu wasn't):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4caOwS6jI

basketball is a team sport. stop acting like the two were playing tennis when he was with the suns. the spurs weren't coached by d'antoni.

Hey you guys are the ones who always bring up Chalmers.
:lmao i've never brought up chalmers in regard to parker. you don't know what the fuck you're talking about tbh. nothing new though.

J_Paco
08-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Nash was 34 years old in 2008, same age TP has now (and he has been sucking last 3 years). You can't compare old Nash with old TP, you don't want to do that.. :lmao

Let's see if TP can put 16,4 points per game and 9,7 assists per game just like Nash did in 2009

Parker has been in the NBA since the age of 19 years old, has been a starter since nearly day one and been to the playoffs every season. Nash came into the NBA at 22, was a back up to begin his career and had a renaissance at a much later stage than most PG's.

No, we'll just go with your complete lack of context, though.

gambit1990
08-22-2016, 03:15 PM

tp's assists per game for his career: 5.9 :lol
the most he's averaged for a season is 7.7... which is lower than deron william's career average.

Diego20
08-22-2016, 03:22 PM
tp's assists per game for his career: 5.9 :lol
the most he's averaged for a season is 7.7... which is lower than deron william's career average.

TheGreatYacht
08-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Faggots using APG in a Spurs system and when a player's primary job for a decade was to feed Duncan in the post, which never resulted in assists :lol

Only mullet having idiots would judge a Spurs player by that.

Buuuuut, since we're doing it......

Manu Ginobili Career APG: 4.0 :lmao
highest APG in a season: 4.9 :lmao

Diego20
08-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Faggots using APG in a Spurs system and when a player's primary job for a decade was to feed Duncan in the post, which never resulted in assists :lol

Only mullet having idiots would judge a Spurs player by that.

Buuuuut, since we're doing it......

Manu Ginobili Career APG: 4.0 :lmao
highest APG in a season: 4.9 :lmao

:lmao faggot, exactly the opposite, thank god TP had Duncan. If wasn't for Duncan TP would have averaged 3 or less assists per game in his career.

drible drible drible drible drible until 5 seconds left didn't work for TP..

Pocho La Pantera
08-22-2016, 04:45 PM
5 years:lol

Snaq O'Meal
08-24-2016, 08:57 PM

2014 Regular Season:

2014 NBA Finals:

Advanced stats carry significant meaning with sufficient sample size. It may be skewed in Boban's case of extremely limited minutes in just one NBA season. But given Parker's major role with the team, advanced stats are a perfect reflection of his overall impact on the game both offensively and defensively.

It is in stats like the following that Parker's liability on the defensive end is exposed in all its gory detail:

Advanced

Glossary · SHARE · Embed · CSV · Export · PRE · LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=duncati01&p2=parketo01&p3=ginobma01&p4=&p5=&p6=#advanced::none) · ?

Rk
Player
From
To
G
MP
PER
TS%
3PAr
FTr
ORB%
DRB%
TRB%
AST%
STL%
BLK%
TOV%
USG%

OWS
DWS
WS
WS/48

OBPM
DBPM
BPM
VORP

Tim Duncan (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01.html)

Manu Ginobili (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/ginobma01.html)

Tony Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html)

Playoffs Advanced

Glossary · SHARE · Embed · CSV · Export · PRE · LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=duncati01&p2=parketo01&p3=ginobma01&p4=&p5=&p6=#playoffs_advanced::none) · ?

Rk
Player
From
To
G
MP
PER
TS%
3PAr
FTr
ORB%
DRB%
TRB%
AST%
STL%
BLK%
TOV%
USG%

OWS
DWS
WS
WS/48

OBPM
DBPM
BPM
VORP

Source: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=duncati01&p2=parketo01&p3=ginobma01&p4=&p5=&p6=

Since you claimed that Parker outplayed LeBron in the 2007 series while the others didn't carry the load, can you please explain what Parker did defensively to slow LeBron down? You've already avoided that question once. I hope you can explain your bold (but still baseless) claim this time around.

K...
08-24-2016, 09:06 PM
Advanced stats carry significant meaning with sufficient sample size. It may be skewed in Boban's case of extremely limited minutes in just one NBA season. But given Parker's major role with the team, advanced stats are a perfect reflection of his overall impact on the game both offensively and defensively.

It is in stats like the following that Parker's liability on the defensive end is exposed in all its gory detail:

Advanced

Glossary · SHARE · Embed · CSV · Export · PRE · LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=duncati01&p2=parketo01&p3=ginobma01&p4=&p5=&p6=#advanced::none) · ?

Rk
Player
From
To
G
MP
PER
TS%
3PAr
FTr
ORB%
DRB%
TRB%
AST%
STL%
BLK%
TOV%
USG%

OWS
DWS
WS
WS/48

OBPM
DBPM
BPM
VORP

Playoffs Advanced

Glossary · SHARE · Embed · CSV · Export · PRE · LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=duncati01&p2=parketo01&p3=ginobma01&p4=&p5=&p6=#playoffs_advanced::none) · ?

Rk
Player
From
To
G
MP
PER
TS%
3PAr
FTr
ORB%
DRB%
TRB%
AST%
STL%
BLK%
TOV%
USG%

OWS
DWS
WS
WS/48

OBPM
DBPM
BPM
VORP

Source: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=duncati01&p2=parketo01&p3=ginobma01&p4=&p5=&p6=

Since you claimed that Parker outplayed LeBron in the 2007 series while the others didn't carry the load, can you please explain what Parker did defensively to slow LeBron down? You've already avoided that question once. I hope you can explain your bold (but still baseless) claim this time around.

While haters get trolled.....the true spurs fans are #blessed that mvparker isn't quitting or threatening to leave for the Lakers.

Oh, and mods, please pink gambit for repeatedly bumping threads to make the same point. He's #obsessed