PDA

View Full Version : Internet providers in San Antonio

DisAsTerBot
08-19-2016, 03:51 PM
Just about to move in to my new house in SA, coming from Austin. What internet providers would you guys recommend? Thanks!

koriwhat
08-19-2016, 10:26 PM
i think we only have two at the moment until google makes its way out here. time warner and grande but i could be mistaken.

btw, i use to hate TW until some dude hooked me up last time i went in to turn my service off. i get downloads off steam at 20mb/s! usually torrents around 4-8mb/s and sometimes higher.

baseline bum
08-19-2016, 11:22 PM
i think we only have two at the moment until google makes its way out here. time warner and grande but i could be mistaken.

btw, i use to hate TW until some dude hooked me up last time i went in to turn my service off. i get downloads off steam at 20mb/s! usually torrents around 4-8mb/s and sometimes higher.

AT&T Uverse serves most of the city too, but they have a shitty 250 GB monthly cap. The lack of competition sucks, my internet price tripled when I moved to San Antonio from LA.

koriwhat
08-20-2016, 12:40 PM
AT&T Uverse serves most of the city too, but they have a shitty 250 GB monthly cap. The lack of competition sucks, my internet price tripled when I moved to San Antonio from LA.

I pay $50 a month and have for the last yr now. Was paying $80/mo until i told them i was going to cancel.

DJR210
08-21-2016, 07:16 AM
Just about to move in to my new house in SA, coming from Austin. What internet providers would you guys recommend? Thanks!

Grande, hands down cheapest, most reliable ISP in town. If you can't get it in your area TWC is next best by default because they dont have data caps.

DJR210
08-21-2016, 07:19 AM

The NW side coverage area has already started installing fiber. I have it here now. The data cap is a 30 dollar charge extra to remove or is removed if you sibscribe to their cell or DirecTV service.

Chris
08-23-2016, 07:40 PM
TWC/Spectre is fast. AT&T is shadyMcGrady imo

Xevious
09-01-2016, 03:44 AM
What side of town you moving to? GVTC is also available on the far north side (where AT&T coverage stops) and has gigabit fiber available.

DisAsTerBot
09-01-2016, 09:27 AM
78232. I went with TWC and got the 200mps. We'll see how it goes