PDA

View Full Version : VIRAL VIDEO : Black Man Wants to Know Why Black Lives Matter Isn’t in Louisiana Helpi

ducks
08-19-2016, 06:14 PM
http://truthfeed.com/viral-video-black-man-wants-to-know-why-black-lives-matter-isnt-in-louisiana-helping-flood-victims/17898/

Chucho
08-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Because BLM doesnt do anything except perpetuate violent, stupid, and racist stereotypes. They do nothing positive.

DarrinS
08-21-2016, 08:48 PM
Because BLM doesnt do anything except perpetuate violent, stupid, and racist stereotypes. They do nothing positive.

They shut down freeways and malls, tho. To my knowledge, they have saved zero black lives.

pgardn
08-21-2016, 09:38 PM
Their MO is protesting and bringing attention to police violence.

Protesting in flooded streets does not seem to fit this situation well. I think they might cause more problems.

Am I being too narrow here?

Also some of these same people making rescues may have participated in a BLM march. I think it possible they have done a rescue without donning the BLM member card. Or marching with a megaphone in high water.

Chucho
08-21-2016, 11:55 PM
Their total donations the group has taken in to date: Over $500 million.

Their total contributions to other black causes/community out reach and now disaster relief: Well NOTHING to as of yet and less than $1 million total. ZERO given to Flint as well.

So yeah, there is a lot more they can do. You really were too narrow. Dont apologize for another typical, greedy, agenda-pushing hate group.

boutons_deux
08-22-2016, 12:56 AM
BigOil OWNS, POISONS, SICKENS, DESTROYS Louisiana.

How many $100Ms, or anything, from BigOil to fix their own backyard?

nope, you spittle-spewing RACISTS only pick on, shit on BLM.

RandomGuy
08-22-2016, 01:00 PM
It is funny to see conservatives and racists, and conservative racists all falling all over themselves to discredit and destroy BLM.

TheSanityAnnex
08-22-2016, 01:07 PM
It is funny to see conservatives and racists, and conservative racists all falling all over themselves to discredit and destroy BLM.

BLM has been discrediting and destroying themselves from the get go.

ducks
08-22-2016, 01:33 PM
What good have they done besides destroy property
If they would do things other then property they might not be a bad thing

pgardn
08-22-2016, 02:02 PM

Their total contributions to other black causes/community out reach and now disaster relief: Well NOTHING to as of yet and less than $1 million total. ZERO given to Flint as well.

So yeah, there is a lot more they can do. You really were too narrow. Dont apologize for another typical, greedy, agenda-pushing hate group.

Link on those numbers?

I. Hustle
08-22-2016, 02:04 PM
Harambe's life mattered :(

TheSanityAnnex
08-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Link on those numbers?
I recall seeing 350 million from Soros to BLM in his leaked emails.

DMX7
08-22-2016, 02:27 PM
BLM is not the Red Cross, never has been, and never has pretended to be. I'm not saying they couldn't do anything here, but it's ridiculous to call them out on this.

pgardn
08-22-2016, 02:27 PM
I recall seeing 350 million from Soros to BLM in his leaked emails.

Link

Chucho
08-22-2016, 02:31 PM
BLM is not the Red Cross, never has been, and never has pretended to be. I'm not saying they couldn't do anything here, but it's ridiculous to call them out on this.

I call them out on the following:

ZERO activism at the ground level

ZERO awareness aside of ill-prepared "protests"

ZERO awareness of facts in general. See: Wisconsin, Milwaukee

ZERO contributions to the black community, black families who were victims of police brutality

ZERO accountability and ignoring the stats.

Presenting a bullshit movement that if you were born white, you HAVE TO BE RACIST. Like it is genetically predispositioned in people.

Chucho
08-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Their MO is protesting and bringing attention to police violence.

Protesting in flooded streets does not seem to fit this situation well. I think they might cause more problems.

Am I being too narrow here?

Also some of these same people making rescues may have participated in a BLM march. I think it possible they have done a rescue without donning the BLM member card. Or marching with a megaphone in high water.

LINK?

Chucho
08-22-2016, 02:34 PM
Just another abhorrent bunch of greedy scammers using race, tragedy and black ignorance to laugh all the way to the bank. Worse than Komen, worse than Habitat for Humanity, worse than dirty televangelists. It is what it is. Don't apologize for typical white collar criminals, you racist.

RandomGuy
08-22-2016, 04:02 PM
What good have they done besides destroy property
If they would do things other then property they might not be a bad thing

So, if they organized discussions about how to improve police practices, you would approve?

RandomGuy
08-22-2016, 04:09 PM
Presenting a bullshit movement that if you were born white, you HAVE TO BE RACIST. Like it is genetically predispositioned in people.

Interesting. Do you have some sort of evidence to support this statement?

I would guess you don't really have any evidence of this.

If you don't then this is what is called a "strawman" fallacy. A fallacy is flawed reasoning. This one in particular boils down to dishonesty.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Jo_Ce4gdvkg/VCNi3xBIQ9I/AAAAAAAAABE/g-jyqIq2mG8/s1600/stawman.png

Either you have some sort of official statement, or scientifically credible poll of BLM volunteers, or you have been dishonest.

Which is it?

(edit)

I know you won't want to admit being dishonest, so I will ask instead:

Why do you feel the need to be dishonest here? I am puzzled.

RandomGuy
08-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Let's see what they actually say, since it appears relevant.

Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. It is an affirmation of Black folks’ contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/guiding-principles/

Looks like they are upset about being subjected to violence.

Seems fairly reasonable to me.

CosmicCowboy
08-22-2016, 04:21 PM
systematically and intentionally targeted for demise.

hyperbole?

Chucho
08-22-2016, 04:38 PM
Interesting. Do you have some sort of evidence to support this statement?

I would guess you don't really have any evidence of this.

If you don't then this is what is called a "strawman" fallacy. A fallacy is flawed reasoning. This one in particular boils down to dishonesty.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Jo_Ce4gdvkg/VCNi3xBIQ9I/AAAAAAAAABE/g-jyqIq2mG8/s1600/stawman.png

Either you have some sort of official statement, or scientifically credible poll of BLM volunteers, or you have been dishonest.

Which is it?

(edit)

I know you won't want to admit being dishonest, so I will ask instead:

Why do you feel the need to be dishonest here? I am puzzled.

And ignorance is bliss to some, huh? Either way, ts;dr and a fail.

Chucho
08-22-2016, 04:40 PM
And they've done nothing to better themselves, just mob mentality and spouting buzz words like "Racist" and let us not forget the countless videos of event-organizers belittling white people. Remember "get to the back?" back in July? LOLZ. Don't apologize for hate groups.

tlongII
08-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Let's see what they actually say, since it appears relevant.

Looks like they are upset about being subjected to violence.

Seems fairly reasonable to me.

SJW! Keep fighting the good fight!

Chucho
08-22-2016, 04:51 PM
SJWs...LMAO. Biggest cowards in the world. When you need the safety of a mob to validate and state your opinions, you are a big fucking pussy. Let alone it begets the lack of independent thinking that is ruining this country.

Spurminator
08-22-2016, 06:31 PM
I see we have a Bonnerific alternate now.

Welcome to the forum.

ducks
08-22-2016, 06:34 PM
So, if they organized discussions about how to improve police practices, you would approve?

I would like to see them discuss things rationally not with how they are acting. The leaders though would have to say we can not kill or hurt cops we want to discuss bad cop. Destory 4 business that had nothing to do with things is wrong and stupid.

clambake
08-22-2016, 07:02 PM
all you guys are wrong.

black people can't swim.

pgardn
08-22-2016, 07:13 PM
LINK?

May have brother... Read.

I don't have your solid numbers so LINK?

DarrinS
08-22-2016, 07:13 PM
The best way to fight oppression is to block freeways and shut down parades, malls, and Bernie Sanders stump speeches. It also helps if you allow your movement get hijacked by all sorts of fringe leftists groups.

pgardn
08-22-2016, 07:20 PM
The best way to fight oppression is to block freeways and shut down parades, malls, and Bernie Sanders stump speeches. It also helps if you allow your movement get hijacked by all sorts of fringe leftists groups.

It is a way to get noticed. Seemed to work in the gun toting lot that took over a Federal Ranger bird site. How to protest is a dicey decision to make, especially these late rallies in areas that invite in criminals, I will give you that.

pgardn
08-22-2016, 07:25 PM
all you guys are wrong.

black people can't swim.

Avante had her in the decathlon.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2u8jyhj.jpg

DarrinS
08-22-2016, 08:16 PM
It is a way to get noticed. Seemed to work in the gun toting lot that took over a Federal Ranger bird site. How to protest is a dicey decision to make, especially these late rallies in areas that invite in criminals, I will give you that.

Closing down that bird site had traffic backed up for miles.

Reck
08-22-2016, 10:16 PM
SHOCK VIDEO! SHOCK POLLS

:lol ducks

pgardn
08-22-2016, 10:36 PM
Closing down that bird site had traffic backed up for miles.

it made news

There are all sorts of methods.

DarrinS
08-22-2016, 11:02 PM
it made news

There are all sorts of methods.

Great method here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT14IbTDW2c

All over Mike "gentle giant" Brown? Lol

DarrinS
08-22-2016, 11:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cziOFk5n9Fs

RandomGuy
08-23-2016, 08:17 AM
hyperbole?

You don't think that places like Ferguson were "systematic"

A bit of hyperbole perhaps, but how many unarmed men shot in the back does it take for you to admit they might have a point?

RandomGuy
08-23-2016, 08:20 AM
SJW! Keep fighting the good fight!

(shrugs)

Meh. Criticisms from a DKW don't really have much sting, tbh.

RandomGuy
08-23-2016, 08:28 AM

Link to this fucktarded meme?

CosmicCowboy
08-23-2016, 08:29 AM
You don't think that places like Ferguson were "systematic"

A bit of hyperbole perhaps, but how many unarmed men shot in the back does it take for you to admit they might have a point?

I will never admit that "Blacks are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise" because it simply isn't true.

The Holocaust was systematically targeting a segment of the population for demise.

RandomGuy
08-23-2016, 08:33 AM
[stupid shit]

[pwns chucho for his stupid shit]

[la la la la la la, I can't hear you]

I guess if I had been punked so easily I wouldn't want to read it either. Carry on DKW.

Trill Clinton
08-23-2016, 09:06 AM
I will never admit that "Blacks are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise" because it simply isn't true.

The Holocaust was systematically targeting a segment of the population for demise.

the DOJ has proven you wrong in the last 2 years alone fam. are you saying millions of blacks in america and billions of blacks across the world got together to make this systematic racism up?

Fabbs
08-23-2016, 09:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cziOFk5n9Fs
Should drivers be cited for running over Black Rights Matter road blockers?

CosmicCowboy
08-23-2016, 09:28 AM
the DOJ has proven you wrong in the last 2 years alone fam. are you saying millions of blacks in america and billions of blacks across the world got together to make this systematic racism up?

Do you have reading comprehension issues fucktard? There is no systematic plan to kill blacks.

Since you seem to have some educational deficiencies demise=dead.

Trill Clinton
08-23-2016, 09:45 AM
Do you have reading comprehension issues fucktard? There is no systematic plan to kill blacks.

you said "targeted for demise" you liver spotted skinned prick. you really are dumb

CosmicCowboy
08-23-2016, 09:47 AM
you said "targeted for demise" you liver spotted skinned prick. you really are dumb

So you admit Blacks aren't systematically being targeted for death?

Trill Clinton
08-23-2016, 09:50 AM

so this is where you try to fix your fuck up lol. so you admit blacks are victims of worldwide systematic racism?

CosmicCowboy
08-23-2016, 09:54 AM
so this is where you try to fix your fuck up lol. so you admit blacks are victims of worldwide systematic racism?

Thats your straw man dickhead.

Why don't you read the fucking thread?

boutons_deux
08-23-2016, 09:57 AM

Blacks are targeted for harassment (Sandra Bland), immediate escalation to shooting (Tamir Rice), shot dead immediately in Walmart holding a toy gun, gurgle to death on a sidewalk as police, EMS watch, etc, etc, etc.

Your denial of the extreme police, DA, prosecutors targeting of blacks for killing and incarceration is more evidence you're racist at heart.

btw, in the last 20 years, police have been going after black women for incarceration. The prison population of black women for non-violent crimes (or frame-ups) has exploded, along with incarceration of black men.

The police were CREATED to go after blacks, and they stay true to that objective.

Trill Clinton
08-23-2016, 10:00 AM
Thats your straw man dickhead.

Why don't you read the fucking thread?
i read through this dumbass thread and already dismantled your retarded take.

CosmicCowboy
08-23-2016, 10:01 AM
Direct quote. Previously posted by Random Guy in this thread. That is what I was responding to, fucktard.

Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise.

That is total bullshit hyperbole. Blacks are not systematically targeted for death.

Trill Clinton
08-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Direct quote. Previously posted by Random Guy in this thread. That is what I was responding to, fucktard.

That is total bullshit hyperbole. Blacks are not systematically targeted for death.

yes we are

CosmicCowboy
08-23-2016, 10:09 AM
yes we are

:lmao

Where are the death camps? where are the ovens? Where are the mass graves?

Systematically targeting a segment of society for death is holocaust shit.

Your self pity hyperbole is laughable.

Trill Clinton
08-23-2016, 10:19 AM

Where are the death camps? where are the ovens? Where are the mass graves?

Systematically targeting a segment of society for death is holocaust shit.

Your self pity hyperbole is laughable.

you really are dumb ass fuck. in your opinion there is only one form of systematic racism, which is genocide. BLM got you white supremacists so worked up, y'all take everything they say and apply it to ALL black people haha.

death camps= prisons full of black men sentenced to life for shit they didn't do or petty drug offenses

ovens= death of innocent black men found guilty for crimes they didn't commit by white supremacist jurors, judges, lawyers, the entire system of white supremacy basically.

mass graves= ever heard of black wall street? 3000 blacks killed and thrown in mass graves. millions of lives lost during slave trade, who knows how many more at the hands of white supremacists in the south. unarmed black men, women and children in present time who are killed at the hands of white supremacy every day.

this is you right now btw
http://i63.tinypic.com/25j868o.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
08-23-2016, 10:36 AM
yes we are

By other blacks...sure.

CosmicCowboy
08-23-2016, 10:46 AM
:lol @ Trill still pimpin his straw man.

BLM claimed systematic genocide.

I call bullshit.

Chucho
08-23-2016, 11:49 AM

Whatever makes yourself secure for apologizing for a severely racist hate group hoarding money from the black community. You owned no one and you don't understand the idea of a straw man argument. LOL, racist.

Chucho
08-23-2016, 11:55 AM
It's the Left trying to kill blacks. It's the Left that put them in chains originally, it was the Carter administration that started experimenting with cooking crack, it was the Johnson administration that started the systemic removal of the black man from their society, even though they are the ones that originally enslaved them and now it's the Left telling the black man that everyone is racist and coddling the most abhorrent excuse for an "Activist" group that isn't doing anything their name insinuates, they just riot and use mob violence hidden behind the bogus facade of "Activism".

RandomGuy
08-23-2016, 01:04 PM

it isn't any nazi death camp formal government sanctioned system.

What it is, is the kind of soft, apathetic thing where a lot of conscious and unconscious attitudes work to make interactions with police far more dangerous for black people than whites.

In that way it is built into our justice/law enforcement system. It takes training, and discussions to change that.

Do you really think you get pulled over on the same frequency as a black guy your same age? Do you think the police attitude is different?

RandomGuy
08-23-2016, 01:05 PM
[bla bla bla left is bad, and really the one at fault, the right is the real hero]

No, it isn't.

What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

tlongII
08-23-2016, 02:00 PM
it isn't any nazi death camp formal government sanctioned system.

What it is, is the kind of soft, apathetic thing where a lot of conscious and unconscious attitudes work to make interactions with police far more dangerous for black people than whites.

In that way it is built into our justice/law enforcement system. It takes training, and discussions to change that.

Do you really think you get pulled over on the same frequency as a black guy your same age? Do you think the police attitude is different?

Your statement is nowhere near the quote of BLM you posted earlier. Hopefully you realize this.

Chucho
08-23-2016, 03:34 PM
No, it isn't.

Blah blah, I'm a puppet. I believe words hurt more than actions. Blah blah. I'm an abhorrent racist that backs a hate group that does nothing positive. I support a devisive, group of hate mongers hiding behind a facade of false pretenses and have zero handle on community-statistics and the correlation with the reason cops shoot black people, even though we deny it. Blah, blah. 13% of the population being responsible for over 50% of the violent crimes in this country isn't a societal problem in the black community, it's a systemic problem because of whitey. Blah, blah blah

You're wrong, you know you're wrong and you want to bring down the upstanding community that can be objective. You, as a racial supremacist can't wrap your mind around that.

We get it: White people BAD. Black people, with all of their violence, lack of education and employment, are where they are because of the BAD white man. It's all the white man, nothing to do with uneducated crooks in the community, nothing to do with lack of money in the community because no one works, nothing to do with lack of education because everyone would rather not go to school. It's all whitey. Yup.

Random Guy is the Political version of Avante. Just dumber, somehow.

RandomGuy
08-25-2016, 11:40 AM
"Blah blah, I'm a puppet. I believe words hurt more than actions. Blah blah. I'm an abhorrent racist that backs a hate group that does nothing positive. I support a devisive, group of hate mongers hiding behind a facade of false pretenses and have zero handle on community-statistics and the correlation with the reason cops shoot black people, even though we deny it. Blah, blah. 13% of the population being responsible for over 50% of the violent crimes in this country isn't a societal problem in the black community, it's a systemic problem because of whitey. Blah, blah blah"-[Randomguy said this]

You're wrong, you know you're wrong and you want to bring down the upstanding community that can be objective. You, as a racial supremacist can't wrap your mind

around that.

We get it: White people BAD. Black people, with all of their violence, lack of education and employment, are where they are because of the BAD white man. It's all the white man, nothing to do with uneducated crooks in the community, nothing to do with lack of money in the community because no one works, nothing to do with lack of education because everyone would rather not go to school. It's all whitey. Yup.

Random Guy is the Political version of Avante. Just dumber, somehow.

I have a theory:

Conservative politics attracts people who have poor critical thinking skills, are intellectually lazy, and very often dishonest. This is what I call the "intellectual rot" factor.

All I need to prove this is posts like yours. Every time you post stuff like this, it makes my case for me. Funny thing is, like the twoofers claiming 9-11 was an inside job, you can't help yourself. Even when I directly point out how and why you are being lazy and dishonest.

Evidence of a failure of critical thinking:

Strawman logical fallacy. http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html

This is where you make up what someone believes, very often a wildly exaggerated distortion, then pick apart the distortion of what someone says or believes, and think you have defeated their position. You have fought a self-constructed a strawman target, as opposed to fighting an actual opponent.

The strawman fallacy is particularly flawed because in many cases it involves active dishonesty, i.e. actively fabricating a version of someone's beliefs.

Everytime you are asked for evidence, and fail to provide it, that is intellectually lazy, pretty much by definition. Every time you distort someones views, that is intellectually dishonest.

"tldr" = intellectually lazy

So once again, I am going to ask you to support your assertions, with anything that might be called evidence. We can start by examining your first assertion:

"[Black lives matter is a ] devisive, group of hate mongers hiding behind a facade of false pretenses."

Provide some evidence of this. Whatever you think is relevant to support it.

RandomGuy
08-25-2016, 11:43 AM
Your statement is nowhere near the quote of BLM you posted earlier. Hopefully you realize this.

How is it different?

Be specific.

RandomGuy
08-25-2016, 11:50 AM

So we are talking past each other on the definition of "systemic". They mean something different that you do.

Let's get at that difference.

Do police view black people differently that whites?

Reading the 163-page report on the DOJ’s 14-month investigation is an exercise in picking up one’s lower jaw from the keyboard about every other paragraph. The executive summary begins with a statement that “reasonable cause” exists “to believe that BPD (the Baltimore Police Department) engages in a pattern or practice of conduct that violates the constitution or federal law”. Page after page then provides dozens of details to show that the BPD makes “unconstitutional stops, searches, and arrests”; uses “excessive force”; takes revenge on abuse victims when they speak up; and treats African Americans with especial callousness. The most damning elements of the report are drawn from a seemingly endless well of anecdotes about how particular Baltimore residents are mistreated by the police. The abuse began well before Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man, suffered a spinal-cord injury while under police custody, and later died, in April 2015.

altimore police are in the habit of stopping people on the street, the report found, without the “reasonable suspicion” that makes these stops meet 4th Amendment muster. “In a sample of over 7,200 pedestrian stops”, the report found, “only 271—or 3.7%—resulted in officers issuing a criminal citation or arrest.” That means that in “26 out of every 27 pedestrian stops”, Baltimore officers found no evidence the person had committed a crime. These daily events weigh more heavily on the city’s black residents, who make up 63% of the population but account for 84% of police stops and are uniquely targeted for repeat stops. The Baltimore police tend to use strip searches as punitive, degrading expressions of their power. One woman, pulled over for a missing headlight, was asked to remove all her clothes for no apparent reason while standing on the sidewalk before being prodded around her bra and in her anal cavity. No contraband was found, and the officer was given a “simple reprimand”. After a black male teenager filed a complaint with the police for being (in his view) unreasonably strip-searched in front of his girlfriend in January 2016, he was confronted by the same officer, who, when he found him near a McDonald’s, “pushed the teenager against a wall, pulled down his pants, and grabbed his genitals”, in apparent retaliation.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2016/08/walking-while-black

Here is the final report:
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3009376/BPD-Findings-Report-FINAL.pdf

Personally I think the use of "systemic" is also a bit of an exaggeration, but I can't blame them for being angry. It appears that they are justified in their outrage, although we might disagree as to what degree.

What if a better way to put it is:

"Black people are systemically viewed as more likely to be dangerous and criminals for no reason, and have lethal force used on them a rate far higher than is justified by the available information."

boutons_deux
08-25-2016, 11:57 AM
systemic racism isn't just about the legal system.

it exists in finance, schools, business, everywhere in the "system".

tlongII
08-25-2016, 12:15 PM
How is it different?

Be specific.

If you don't recognize this I can't help you.

tlongII
08-25-2016, 12:19 PM
I also think there's a difference between the words "systematic" and "systemic".

CosmicCowboy
08-25-2016, 12:21 PM
How is it different?

Be specific.

Seriously? You are smarter than that.

BLM in their mission statement claimed there is systematic genocide against blacks.

If there was systematic genocide against blacks BLM protests would definitely be a target rich environment.

Have you seen police mowing down blacks at protests?

boutons_deux
08-25-2016, 12:40 PM

not since the 1960s. Cops are smarter, more discreet now.

clambake
08-25-2016, 12:50 PM
not since the 1960s. Cops are smarter, more discreet now.

please

DarrinS
08-25-2016, 12:53 PM
Good advice from 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

RandomGuy
08-25-2016, 01:11 PM
Seriously? You are smarter than that.

BLM in their mission statement claimed there is systematic genocide against blacks.

If there was systematic genocide against blacks BLM protests would definitely be a target rich environment.

Again, you missed the point. You are focusing on the meaning, and probably mean something other than what they do.

I am smart enough to see people talking past each other, as it happens all the time, especially in politics. I am trying to point out to you that difference in meaning, am not trying to trick you, or even change your mind, merely to point out that difference. In their own way I think they have a point. I think that if you can go along with a fair line of questioning, you might increase your understanding a bit.

My question remains:
Do police, in general, view black people differently that whites?

RandomGuy
08-25-2016, 01:15 PM
I also think there's a difference between the words "systematic" and "systemic".

Which is?

They seem mostly interchangeable to me, but I would be happy to correct the wording.

I mean a sense of something built into a system, i.e. part of a system.

FWIW:

http://grammarist.com/usage/systematic-systemic/

Let me know which you prefer, and why it is important.

boutons_deux
08-25-2016, 01:22 PM
the two words have different meanings, you could look it up.

CosmicCowboy
08-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Again, you missed the point. You are focusing on the meaning, and probably mean something other than what they do.

I am smart enough to see people talking past each other, as it happens all the time, especially in politics. I am trying to point out to you that difference in meaning, am not trying to trick you, or even change your mind, merely to point out that difference. In their own way I think they have a point. I think that if you can go along with a fair line of questioning, you might increase your understanding a bit.

My question remains:
Do police, in general, view black people differently that whites?

Some do, some don't. Considering the disproportionate murder/crime rate of blacks as opposed to their demographic percentage some police (including black officers) probably feel justified to do so.

CosmicCowboy
08-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Some do, some don't. Considering the disproportionate murder/crime rate of blacks as opposed to their demographic percentage some police (including black officers) probably feel justified to do so.

That being said, the meaning of words is important. Systematic means what it means and if that is the word BLM intentionally used then that is ridiculous hyperbole.

TheSanityAnnex
08-25-2016, 01:50 PM
Black people are systemically viewed as more likely to be dangerous and criminals for no reasonThere are reasons and FBI crime statistics to back them up.

tlongII
08-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Which is?

They seem mostly interchangeable to me, but I would be happy to correct the wording.

I mean a sense of something built into a system, i.e. part of a system.

FWIW:

http://grammarist.com/usage/systematic-systemic/

Let me know which you prefer, and why it is important.

Systemic describes something that happens or exists throughout a whole system.

He has a systemic infection.

The new police chief had to address systemic corruption.

Systematic describes something that was thorough and intentional, methodical, or implemented according to a plan.

Doctors began a systematic treatment plan.

Ending systematic discrimination was his first goal.

The difference is that systematic infers an intentional act.

Chucho
08-25-2016, 02:42 PM
I have a theory:

Conservative politics attracts people who have poor critical thinking skills, are intellectually lazy, and very often dishonest. This is what I call the "intellectual rot" factor.

All I need to prove this is posts like yours. Every time you post stuff like this, it makes my case for me. Funny thing is, like the twoofers claiming 9-11 was an inside job, you can't help yourself. Even when I directly point out how and why you are being lazy and dishonest.

Evidence of a failure of critical thinking:

Strawman logical fallacy. http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html
This is where you make up what someone believes, very often a wildly exaggerated distortion, then pick apart the distortion of what someone says or believes, and think you have defeated their position. You have fought a self-constructed a strawman target, as opposed to fighting an actual opponent.

The strawman fallacy is particularly flawed because in many cases it involves active dishonesty, i.e. actively fabricating a version of someone's beliefs.

Everytime you are asked for evidence, and fail to provide it, that is intellectually lazy, pretty much by definition. Every time you distort someones views, that is intellectually dishonest.

"tldr" = intellectually lazy

So once again, I am going to ask you to support your assertions, with anything that might be called evidence. We can start by examining your first assertion:

"[Black lives matter is a ] devisive, group of hate mongers hiding behind a facade of false pretenses."

Provide some evidence of this. Whatever you think is relevant to support it.

LOL. it made you go re-Google strawmen. Proof positive you didn't know what you were talking about. Just stop it, already. Admit you're a racist, you support a racial supremacy group and they don't do anything to help racial tensions. I will give you credit, you support the falseties to the death. Doesn't make you any better.

And for the record, I said tS;dr. As in TOO STUPID, DIDN'T READ. You can't debate objectively with a sworn racist like you. Moving on to other non-racist, LiberLOL tools...

vy65
08-25-2016, 03:12 PM
In Chewy, I'm some hot nigga
Like I talk to Shyste when I shot niggas
Like you seen em twirl then he drop, nigga
And We Keep them 9 millis on my block, nigga
And Monte Keep it on him, he done dropped niggas
And Trigger he be wilding, he some hot nigga
Tones known to get busy with them Glocks, nigga
Try to run down and you can catch a shot, nigga
Running through these checks 'til I pass out
Your shorty gave me neck 'til I pass out
I swear to God, all I do is cash out
And if you ain't a hoe, get up out my trap house
I been selling crack since like the 5th grade
Really never made no difference what the shit made
Jaja taught me flip them packs and how to maintain
Get that money back and spend it on the same thing
Shorty like the way that I ball out
I be getting money 'til I fall out
You talking cash dog, I goes all out
Shorty love the way that I floss out
Free Greezy though, let all of my dogs out
Mama said no pussy cats inside my dog house
That's what got my daddy locked up in the dog pound
Free Phantom though, let all of my dogs out
We gon' pull up in that hooptie like we cops on 'em
With M16s, we gon' put some shots on em'
I send a lil' thot to send the drop on em'
She gon' call me up and I'm a sick the hots on 'em
Grimey savage, that's what we are
Grimey shooters dressed in G-Star
GS9, I go so hard
But GS for my gun squad
And bitch if there's a problem we gon' gun brawl
Shots popping 'out The AR
I'm with Trigger, I'm with Rasha, I'm with A-Raw
Broad daylight and we gon' let them things bark
Tell them niggas free Meeshie, hoe
Someway, Free Breezy, hoe
And tell my niggas, Shmurda teaming, hoe
Mitch caught a body 'bout a week ago
Fuck with us and then we tweaking, hoe
Run up on that nigga get to squeezing, hoe
Everybody catching bullet holes
Niggas got me on my bully yo
I'm a run up, put that gun on 'em
I'm a run up, go dumb on 'em
Niggas got me on that young shit
Got me on that go dumb shit

Got me on that go dumb shit, man
Trap mode in this motherfucker, hotter than a bitch
Ayo, pour up, I need some more drinks

vy65
08-25-2016, 03:13 PM
Culturally, criminality isn't being ingrained into black identity. At all.

RandomGuy
08-25-2016, 04:40 PM
If you don't recognize this I can't help you.

I mostly think I understand what you mean, but prefer to have it fleshed out to avoid misunderstanding. Not asking for the moon here.

RandomGuy
08-25-2016, 04:42 PM
Culturally, criminality isn't being ingrained into black identity. At all.

It is to some degree. It shouldn't be. I think we can agree on those points.

But then nihilism isn't restricted to african americans, either, e.g. death metal.

RandomGuy
08-25-2016, 04:44 PM
LOL. it made you go re-Google strawmen. Proof positive you didn't know what you were talking about. Just stop it, already. Admit you're a racist, you support a racial supremacy group and they don't do anything to help racial tensions. I will give you credit, you support the falseties to the death. Doesn't make you any better.

And for the record, I said tS;dr. As in TOO STUPID, DIDN'T READ. You can't debate objectively with a sworn racist like you. Moving on to other non-racist, LiberLOL tools...

So you can't provide any evidence. Why not just say so at the start?

RandomGuy
08-25-2016, 04:53 PM
I have a theory:

All I need to prove this is posts like yours.

Provide some evidence of [your main assertion]. Whatever you think is relevant to support it.

[you are a racist][no evidence provided]

Like I said, you are so used to your information bubble, just like the 9-11 twoofers, that you fail spectacularly the first time someone who isn't lazy and takes personal responsibility asks you a basic critical thinking question.

RandomGuy
08-25-2016, 04:58 PM
Systemic describes something that happens or exists throughout a whole system.

He has a systemic infection.

The new police chief had to address systemic corruption.

Systematic describes something that was thorough and intentional, methodical, or implemented according to a plan.

Doctors began a systematic treatment plan.

Ending systematic discrimination was his first goal.

The difference is that systematic infers an intentional act.

Ok, I can buy that, thanks. In that way, I do think the BLM quote is a bit off base when they use "systematic", as applied to every law enforcement agency.

Have you read the DOJ report on Baltimores PD? would you qualify those problems as "systematic" or "systemic". Seems like that case could plausibly be the former.

vy65
08-25-2016, 05:09 PM
It is to some degree. It shouldn't be. I think we can agree on those points.

:tu

But then nihilism isn't restricted to african americans, either, e.g. death metal.

Apples to oranges comparison. Better example would be white supremacist punk -- but that genre isn't nearly as prevalent amongst whites as rap is with blacks.

Winehole23
08-25-2016, 11:25 PM
It needn't be. Racism is ingrained in schools, the workplace, law enforcement and the courts --white supremacist punk rock would be a superfluity. Everyday reality instantiates white supremacy.

Winehole23
08-25-2016, 11:26 PM
I'll go one further: much of the so called culture of black criminality amounts to self-reliance and resistance to, structural injustice.

RandomGuy
08-26-2016, 10:09 AM
I'll go one further: much of the so called culture of black criminality amounts to self-reliance and resistance to, structural injustice.

+1

BLM does have some ground of legitimate grievances.

The hysteria over BLM is way overstated, just as the BLM quote is somewhat hyperbolic.

Racism is not dead in the US, and you can't say that shooting a man in the back, or letting a guy who is telling you "I can't breathe" die is in any way justfied by any amount of gangsta rap.

RandomGuy
08-26-2016, 10:09 AM
It needn't be. Racism is ingrained in schools, the workplace, law enforcement and the courts --white supremacist punk rock would be a superfluity. Everyday reality instantiates white supremacy.

+1

racism doesn't have to be the overt ranting kind either. The subtle, but unconscious view that all black men are dangerous can still be dangerous.

TeyshaBlue
08-26-2016, 10:26 AM
+1

racism doesn't have to be the overt ranting kind either. The subtle, but unconscious view that all black men are dangerous can still be dangerous.

Or in education, incapable.

RandomGuy
08-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Or in education, incapable.

Well put.

A lot has to be fixed in black communities. I think Trump has a point that Democrats haven't done enough. We haven't. Neither have we served the Hispanics that vote for us either.

In the end though, people know when someone at least has a clue.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PFtby3ViSgM/VhQPEkyYmPI/AAAAAAAANXU/N_S7_8Nez04/s1600/12047123_739195192875242_6794008785364896838_n.jpg

We reject the bigotry of Hillary Clinton which panders to and talks down to communities of color

"You're living in poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58% of your youth is unemployed -- what the hell do you have to lose?"

:rolleyes

TheSanityAnnex
08-26-2016, 12:50 PM
Well put.

A lot has to be fixed in black communities. I think Trump has a point that Democrats haven't done enough. We haven't. Neither have we served the Hispanics that vote for us either.

In the end though, people know when someone at least has a clue.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PFtby3ViSgM/VhQPEkyYmPI/AAAAAAAANXU/N_S7_8Nez04/s1600/12047123_739195192875242_6794008785364896838_n.jpg

:rolleyes:rolleyes

Created in 2012, the Black Republican Committee of Durham was established as an outreach subcommittee of the Durham GOP to embrace conservative African American residents of Durham, County. Since that time, the number of registered black Republicans has grown by 30%.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/4ecdc7_2cd60dab59014d49918fc10e395cde6f.jpg/v1/fill/w_493,h_295,al_c,q_80,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/4ecdc7_2cd60dab59014d49918fc10e395cde6f.jpg

russellgoat
08-28-2016, 10:56 AM
+1

BLM does have some ground of legitimate grievances.

The hysteria over BLM is way overstated, just as the BLM quote is somewhat hyperbolic.

Racism is not dead in the US, and you can't say that shooting a man in the back, or letting a guy who is telling you "I can't breathe" die is in any way justfied by any amount of gangsta rap.

Well, Eric Garner death was in part because of Big Anti-Tobacco policies that makes it tempting for a person looking for a few bucks to sell cigarettes by their own.