PDA

View Full Version : OT: McGregor V Diaz 2 thread

Thebesteva
08-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Anyone watching this fight?

DPG21920
08-20-2016, 01:15 PM
Wrong forum - thread will be closed soon or moved to MMA forum.

K...
08-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Fuck forum rules, and fuck this card.

McGregor is a gimmick and it was fun watching him clock over stimulated little weights but at his natural weight he's just a chucker. Unless they paid Diaz to dive I except another brutal education. I'm not watching this crap

RD2191
08-20-2016, 04:08 PM
Wrong forum - thread will be closed soon or moved to MMA forum.

Lame

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't pay good money to see it; but I am interested in who wins. I'd like to say Diaz is more humble; but really he's just fucking autistic and can't talk real trash. McGregor; not saying I'm a fan; but I'd like to see him back up his sh** this time.

oh crap
08-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Diaz fittin to knock that boy out

Darth_Pelican
08-20-2016, 04:43 PM
There's no reason to think this fight isn't fixed for McGregor to win so that the fighters and UFC can cash in on a rubber match. Everything leading up to this fight has been staged; the press conference fight, the weigh in fight, etc. It's all been a joke. If it weren't all staged, I wish McGregor would die in the cage, for real. I don't understand how anyone could be a fan of him. He's an overhyped UFC marketing product. If he wins, UFC wins. I hope Diaz breaks script and kills him.

Thebesteva
08-20-2016, 05:07 PM
Is DPG a mode or just a fuckboy pretending to be one?

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 05:08 PM
There's no reason to think this fight isn't fixed for McGregor to win so that the fighters and UFC can cash in on a rubber match. Everything leading up to this fight has been staged; the press conference fight, the weigh in fight, etc. It's all been a joke. If it weren't all staged, I wish McGregor would die in the cage, for real. I don't understand how anyone could be a fan of him. He's an overhyped UFC marketing product. If he wins, UFC wins. I hope Diaz breaks script and kills him.

Hispanics seem to be the largest demographic by race if I'm reading this right:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/new-study-on-boxing-ufc-wwe-demographics-in-us-boxing-still-top-dog.2461961/

I think if the first fight was rigged to spike Hispanic interest, then it'd make sense for the second to be rigged to keep overall interest rising. But otherwise, I'd say it was in UFC's interest for McGregor to win the first match. He's basically the best promoter in the sport.

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 05:08 PM

Seen him ban people; or are you just being rhetorical? :lol

Darth_Pelican
08-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Hispanics seem to be the largest demographic by race if I'm reading this right:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/new-study-on-boxing-ufc-wwe-demographics-in-us-boxing-still-top-dog.2461961/

I think if the first fight was rigged to spike Hispanic interest, then it'd make sense for the second to be rigged to keep overall interest rising. But otherwise, I'd say it was in UFC's interest for McGregor to win the first match. He's basically the best promoter in the sport.

The first fight wasn't fixed. The UFC actually thought McGregor was something special and he would have no problem beating Diaz. Now they know that he's just a hype machine and they need to protect their investment.

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 05:17 PM
The first fight wasn't fixed. The UFC actually thought McGregor was something special and he would have no problem beating Diaz. Now they know that he's just a hype machine and they need to protect their investment.

By the demographics, Diaz is arguably the better investment.

Darth_Pelican
08-20-2016, 05:27 PM
By the demographics, Diaz is arguably the better investment.

He has 10 losses. They were never going to choose him as the face of Bean Country. McGregor was supposed to stomp him in the first fight with no issues. Their plan backfired. Now, they need McGregor to win this fight. Like I said, I hope Diaz ends his life tonight, but it won't happen.

RD2191
08-20-2016, 05:52 PM
Diaz probably takes a dive tonight. McGregors career is basically over if he loses tonight. Well maybe not over but his days of being a premier fighter will be over.

Thebesteva
08-20-2016, 06:07 PM
Seen him ban people; or are you just being rhetorical? :lol

I had no idea hes a mod...didnt think this forum was modded.

RD2191
08-20-2016, 06:14 PM
I had no idea hes a mod...didnt think this forum was modded.

He's a half mod. You know, since he's half a person.

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 06:23 PM
He has 10 losses.

But Mexicans root for whatever Mexican is in the limelight, tbh. Sorry but it's true.

SupremeGuy
08-20-2016, 06:24 PM
He's a half mod. You know, since he's half a person.:lol

Darth_Pelican
08-20-2016, 06:34 PM
But Mexicans root for whatever Mexican is in the limelight, tbh. Sorry but it's true.

Don't be sorry, It's all good. I'm still rooting for McGregor's life to end tonight. I'm sure the liberals would make sure UFC were shut down forever if it really happened, but it would be worth it.

HarlemHeat37
08-20-2016, 06:41 PM
I don't follow the UFC, but I love McGregor, tbh..one of the best talkers I've ever seen sports..man is a wordsmith, great for casual fans like myself..

Nate Diaz sounds mentally challenged:lol..he can barely string 2 words together..not surprised that UFC fans love him, though, he represents most of their fanbase well(the way he speaks, dresses, etc)..

Darth_Pelican
08-20-2016, 06:47 PM
I don't follow the UFC, but I love McGregor, tbh..one of the best talkers I've ever seen sports..man is a wordsmith, great for casual fans like myself..

Nate Diaz sounds mentally challenged:lol..he can barely string 2 words together..not surprised that UFC fans love him, though, he represents most of their fanbase well(the way he speaks, dresses, etc)..

McGregor is tailor made for the casual fan. Sorry, HH, you're better than that. Take your basketball IQ and imagine transferring it to UFC. McGregor is the equivalent of casual NBA fans who think 90s ball could compete with today's NBA.

BD24
08-20-2016, 06:51 PM
I think they may legitimately hate each other. I really hope Diaz beats that ass again, Connor is such a cocky piece of shit.

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 06:57 PM
Don't be sorry, It's all good. I'm still rooting for McGregor's life to end tonight. I'm sure the liberals would make sure UFC were shut down forever if it really happened, but it would be worth it.

I thought you meant to figuratively kill him. I don't hate either of them like that. I mean neither of them are trying to destroy the country n' all.

Darth_Pelican
08-20-2016, 07:16 PM
I thought you meant to figuratively kill him. I don't hate either of them like that. I mean neither of them are trying to destroy the country n' all.

I definitely meant literally. If McGregor isn't breathing by the end of the night, I will sleep like a baby.

BD24
08-20-2016, 07:19 PM
I definitely meant literally. If McGregor isn't breathing by the end of the night, I will sleep like a baby.
Damn bro. I hate him, but fuck I wouldn't even wish that on him.

HarlemHeat37
08-20-2016, 07:21 PM
McGregor is tailor made for the casual fan. Sorry, HH, you're better than that. Take your basketball IQ and imagine transferring it to UFC. McGregor is the equivalent of casual NBA fans who think 90s ball could compete with today's NBA.

I know what you mean, but I admit to being a casual fan, as I said earlier:lol..I'll be watching tonight due to the McGregor marketing machine..

Thebesteva
08-20-2016, 07:41 PM

Mexicans r the most passionate fans ever

apalisoc_9
08-20-2016, 07:55 PM
Hope the white dude suffer a concussion.

RD2191
08-20-2016, 08:22 PM

:lol

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 08:29 PM
I know what you mean

Yea you do. He white n' all.

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 08:30 PM
Hope the white dude suffer a concussion.

PokedInTheAssFaster :lmao

HI-FI
08-20-2016, 09:04 PM
Prediction: Dryhumping

RD2191
08-20-2016, 09:13 PM
Why the fuck do these fights always start so late? Fucking annoying.

Thebesteva
08-20-2016, 10:22 PM
Why the fuck do these fights always start so late? Fucking annoying.

Make the bar more $ makes the UFC more likeable.

Darth_Pelican
08-20-2016, 10:44 PM
Just get this fake staged shit over with. No one with half a brain paid a dime to watch it.

K...
08-20-2016, 10:52 PM
cerrone and rampage where your fights. you can cut the feed now

Thebesteva
08-20-2016, 11:26 PM
Gonna be controversial

Darth_Pelican
08-20-2016, 11:28 PM
Trilogy set. UFC wins. The public gets sucked in. Corporate sucks in the ignorant public as usual.

RD2191
08-20-2016, 11:46 PM
Dammit, now have to pay for the 3rd fight.

Spurtacular
08-21-2016, 12:09 AM
Damn, forget what I said. People got their money's worth with this one from what I saw.

Spurtacular
08-21-2016, 12:09 AM
Trilogy set. UFC wins. The public gets sucked in. Corporate sucks in the ignorant public as usual.

Nobody forcing you to buy it. I didn't.

Darth_Pelican
08-21-2016, 12:19 AM
Yea you do. He white n' all.

:lol I would never pay money for a boxing or UFC event, or really any "ppv". I watched it at a bar with friends and we all predicted exactly what was going to happen.

DPG21920
08-21-2016, 12:20 AM

Care to find out?

benefactor
08-21-2016, 12:21 AM
I've been saying the UFC is headed into WWE territory for a while now. Tonight only confirmed that. Fanboi's will say Conor won rounds 1, 2, and 4...but Diaz controlled the fight from the middle of round 2 on. Conor was running from him and Conor won. UFC, ladies and gentlemen.

DPG21920
08-21-2016, 12:22 AM
He's a half mod. You know, since he's half a person.

bruh- I think my height is taller than your average people's TBH..

DPG21920
08-21-2016, 12:23 AM
I've been saying the UFC is headed into WWE territory for a while now. Tonight only confirmed that. Fanboi's will say Conor won rounds 1, 2, and 4...but Diaz controlled the fight from the middle of round 2 on. Conor was running from him and Conor won. UFC, ladies and gentlemen.

Didn't watch but in looking at comments it seemed like Connor busted Nate up way worse than Nate did to Connor.

Also reading that Connor broke his foot from kicking Nate so much so had to be strategic?

benefactor
08-21-2016, 12:29 AM
Didn't watch but in looking at comments it seemed like Connor busted Nate up way worse than Nate did to Connor.

Also reading that Connor broke his foot from kicking Nate so much so had to be strategic?
Both Diaz brothers bleed easily due to excessive scar tissue. There's a good chance Conor broke his foot when Nate started checking the kicks.

Nate got knocked down a couple of times in the first but all but one of those looked like he was rope a doping him into pouncing on top of him on the ground. Nate was never hurt badly.

DPG21920
08-21-2016, 12:31 AM
But did Nate bust up Connor at all whether actually hurting him or not? Did he land as many good shots?

benefactor
08-21-2016, 12:38 AM
But did Nate bust up Connor at all whether actually hurting him or not? Did he land as many good shots?
Most of it came in the first round. He connected a few times but spent most of the fight running from him. When he wasn't running he was eating punches or getting pressured by Nate against the cage. At one point he was running from Nate and Nate was flipping him off.:lol

Nate even scored a takedown in the fifth that really should have put a nail in the coffin.

Spurtacular
08-21-2016, 12:40 AM
:lol I would never pay money for a boxing or UFC event, or really any "ppv". I watched it at a bar with friends and we all predicted exactly what was going to happen.

Smart. I figured bars were blacked out of PPV for greedy profit's sake.

DPG21920
08-21-2016, 12:40 AM
Got ya - no one was really writing about Nate landing anything significant at all so didn't see that. If Nate landed actual solid punches and busted up Connor, then sounds like he should have won

DPG21920
08-21-2016, 12:42 AM
Also, so everyone knows, I am not a mod..

RD2191
08-21-2016, 01:03 AM
bruh- I think my height is taller than your average people's TBH..

American?

apalisoc_9
08-21-2016, 01:11 AM
Shit was scripted.

But you can tell a dumbass with their "nate should have won" comment. Diaz was busted and got dominated save for the last 2 minutes of two rounds.

Even the 5th round irish boy delivered the cleanest punches.

Casual Americans are so fucking stupid..its unreal.

LakerHater
08-21-2016, 01:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqXJ--zVIAEDhKE.jpg

LakerHater
08-21-2016, 02:44 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqW5NeGWEAAae1O.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqW8nRMWgAA5hGt.jpg

TheGreatYacht
08-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Both Diaz brothers bleed easily due to excessive scar tissue. There's a good chance Conor broke his foot when Nate started checking the kicks.

Nate got knocked down a couple of times in the first but all but one of those looked like he was rope a doping him into pouncing on top of him on the ground. Nate was never hurt badly.
the most accurate description right here. I thought I was the only one that noticed Diaz faked the second fall in the second round to get Conor on the ground.

Casuals everywhere saying McGregor won because he looked better after the fight than Nate :lol The Diaz brothers have the most scar tissue I've ever seen tbh

BD24
08-21-2016, 01:20 PM
Shit was scripted.

But you can tell a dumbass with their "nate should have won" comment. Diaz was busted and got dominated save for the last 2 minutes of two rounds.

Even the 5th round irish boy delivered the cleanest punches.

Casual Americans are so fucking stupid..its unreal.
Its so cute when you try to pretend you know about MMA. Stick to subjects you know about bro, like wanting to fuck your aunt and pokemon.

apalisoc_9
08-21-2016, 01:34 PM

Scored it the same way. People forget the kicks.

K...
08-21-2016, 01:37 PM
If it was scripted it would have been this: Diaz agrees to no take downs. Let McGregor play his game, hide the weaknesses.

Kawhitstorm
08-21-2016, 02:22 PM

What do you expect, HarlemHeat37 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597) claimed Curry was the best player in the league & Gaymond was the best big.:lol

HarlemHeat37
08-21-2016, 03:18 PM
What do you expect, HarlemHeat37 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597) claimed Curry was the best player in the league & Gaymond was the best big.:lol

Curry was by far the best player in the league until he got hurt in the playoffs(he had a top 3 season in NBA history), and Draymond is still the best big in the NBA, as he demonstrated all year, including outplaying Lebron in game 7:lol

Kawhitstorm
08-21-2016, 03:44 PM
Curry was by far the best player in the league until he got hurt in the playoffs(he had a top 3 season in NBA history), and Draymond is still the best big in the NBA, as he demonstrated all year, including outplaying Lebron in game 7:lol

Curry was also the MVP & getting embarrassed by busted-eye-sockets Conley + per-dehydration Delly in 2015, dude is a choker.:wakeup

Gaymond showed up in one game when there was ZERO pressure on him since he had already hit rock bottom. At the end of the day, he made Softridge's bitch (Ibaka) seem like a perennial All-Star.:lol

benefactor
08-21-2016, 03:48 PM

Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.
http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations

Even if Conor won more rounds in the significant strikes(round two and four both very close), Diaz repeatedly put him against the fence and was the aggressor from the middle of the second through the end of the fight. If you want to take significant strike charts and use them to decide fights, you should probably go watch boxing.

LakerHater
08-21-2016, 04:11 PM

Even if Conor won more rounds in the significant strikes(round two and four both very close), Diaz repeatedly put him against the fence and was the aggressor from the middle of the second through the end of the fight. If you want to take significant strike charts and use them to decide fights, you should probably go watch boxing.
Exactly!! I gave Diaz Round 2 .... 4 was a toss up!

Kawhitstorm
08-21-2016, 04:11 PM

Diaz fucked up in the 4th rd giving Conor time to recover trying to take him down instead continuing the barrage he started in the 3rd round.

Spurtacular
08-21-2016, 05:58 PM

So, Conor should lose cos he played by the rules? Scoring starts anew each round. All judges had him winning Rds 1,2 and 4. The only reason the decision wasn't unanimous is a judge gave him a point deduction for something.

Spurtacular
08-23-2016, 04:09 AM
Like I said, Diaz is fucking autistic:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma/report-usada-investigating-diaz-for-using-vape-pen-after-ufc-202/ar-BBvVN6n?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp