PDA

View Full Version : LeBron loves pop

K...
08-20-2016, 06:27 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/08/20/lebron-james-gregg-popovich-2020-tokyo-olympics-usa-basketball/89043016/

Uh nothing really about the possibility of LeBron opting out of Cleveland. But it will be cool to see tosb LeBron play for pop in 2020.

I hope pop can put together a more cohesive semi international team. Like wouldn't it be given Kyle Anderson plays fiba? Georgie hill could play. Who else do you expect to play in 2020 when pop picks the team?

http://mobile.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/1d27bc5d7f7bd7af4f8dc6f14194262e38a09e68/c=573-266-2911-2024&r=x483&c=640x480/local/-/media/2016/08/20/USATODAY/USATODAY/636072860973318828-C05-LEBRON-PARADE-82835620.JPG

dabom
08-20-2016, 06:30 PM
I mean Fathead is a mini Magic. Why not?

dabom
08-20-2016, 06:33 PM
Dude can play any position on the floor.

HarlemHeat37
08-20-2016, 06:43 PM
It would be fine in an International setting, but Lebron would never agree to play for Pop in the NBA:lol

elemento
08-20-2016, 06:52 PM
Of course he does. He gave him his 2nd ring.

kobyz
08-20-2016, 07:03 PM
Why for him not to love him? he gift him a title which also saved his career...

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 08:39 PM
OP capitalizes the b (third letter) in LeBron and not the first letter in Pop? That's some prime faggotry on display, tbh.

K...
08-20-2016, 08:53 PM
OP capitalizes the b (third letter) in LeBron and not the first letter in Pop? That's some prime faggotry on display, tbh.

lebron gets auto corrected to the correct way. Blame those elite android devs for that

Spurtacular
08-20-2016, 09:38 PM
lebron gets auto corrected to the correct way. Blame those elite android devs for that

Alright, fine. I redact the previous statement, provided that is the truth of the matter.

cutewizard
08-20-2016, 11:54 PM
A guy to look out for is ...........Karl Anthony Towns, this guy is going to be the face of the NBA in the future

a big who is the skills champion, thats something

cutewizard
08-20-2016, 11:57 PM
I wonder if Kawhi can compete in the skills challenge??

Spurtacular
08-21-2016, 06:56 AM
A guy to look out for is ...........Karl Anthony Towns, this guy is going to be the face of the NBA in the future

a big who is the skills champion, thats something

T-Wolves could be really good in about three years. At that point, everyone will be claiming how they were always a T-Wolves fan. :lmao

houston spurs fan
08-21-2016, 07:52 AM
It would be fine in an International setting, but Lebron would never agree to play for Pop in the NBA:lol
Terrible take, just plain wrong.

HarlemHeat37
08-21-2016, 11:26 AM
Terrible take, just plain wrong.

:lmao

Lebron left Miami because he clashed with Pat Riley.. He wanted more power, more perks for his friends, more ability to make decisions, etc..he got everything he wanted by joining the Cavs, he gets to choose all his players and even got to handpick his coach..his squad gets to ride on the team planes, he gets Rich Paul's clients max deals and big contracts, etc..

This has been widely reported by all credible media that covers both the Heat and Cavs..

Only a complete moron would believe he would join a team where Pop(and RC) has virtually all the power and makes all the decisions..not surprised you would think otherwise with your corny takes with no nuance(which I usually don't read, but you quote me like 5 times per week, unfortunately)..

coachmac87
08-21-2016, 12:26 PM

Lebron left Miami because he clashed with Pat Riley.. He wanted more power, more perks for his friends, more ability to make decisions, etc..he got everything he wanted by joining the Cavs, he gets to choose all his players and even got to handpick his coach..his squad gets to ride on the team planes, he gets Rich Paul's clients max deals and big contracts, etc..

This has been widely reported by all credible media that covers both the Heat and Cavs..

Only a complete moron would believe he would join a team where Pop(and RC) has virtually all the power and makes all the decisions..not surprised you would think otherwise with your corny takes with no nuance(which I usually don't read, but you quote me like 5 times per week, unfortunately)..

Yeah Pop and Pat Riley are not alike at all. We clearly saw the disrespect of Wade this offseason. Riley is a piece of shit who's overrated and being the President. So yeah even though what you said about why LeBron left Miami doesn't mean he wouldn't ever consider playing for Pop. You're comparing apples to oranges which makes you wrong.

HarlemHeat37
08-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Yeah Pop and Pat Riley are not alike at all. We clearly saw the disrespect of Wade this offseason. Riley is a piece of shit who's overrated and being the President. So yeah even though what you said about why LeBron left Miami doesn't mean he wouldn't ever consider playing for Pop. You're comparing apples to oranges which makes you wrong.

Um, no..the point is that the Spurs would NEVER allow Lebron to run the organization, and he's obviously aware of that..

I know you love your homer pipe dreams, like when you believed Durant was going to join the Spurs(when in reality, he didn't even consider them), but Lebron's objective goes far beyond basketball, at this point..he's all about the power and empowerment of Black athletes, there's no way he's joining a franchise that has been centered around the "team concept" and never allowing an individual to overshadow the organization..

Pop would never co-exist with a Black American athlete with an ego, let alone a power broker like Lebron(who is trying to push our culture and empower us, purposefully avoiding becoming anything like that Sambo Jordan)..

HarlemHeat37
08-21-2016, 12:57 PM
A lot of Spurs fans seem to believe that they can pull any FA nowadays, based on the signing of a completely irrelevant player(to casual fans) like Aldridge:lol..

They will never sign a big-name FA, let alone a cultural icon that transcends basketball, like Lebron..

houston spurs fan
08-21-2016, 01:20 PM

Lol, he would take Pop in Cleveland in a second you dumbass

SpurPadre
08-21-2016, 01:21 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/08/20/lebron-james-gregg-popovich-2020-tokyo-olympics-usa-basketball/89043016/

Uh nothing really about the possibility of LeBron opting out of Cleveland. But it will be cool to see tosb LeBron play for pop in 2020.

I hope pop can put together a more cohesive semi international team. Like wouldn't it be given Kyle Anderson plays fiba? Georgie hill could play. Who else do you expect to play in 2020 when pop picks the team?

http://mobile.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/1d27bc5d7f7bd7af4f8dc6f14194262e38a09e68/c=573-266-2911-2024&r=x483&c=640x480/local/-/media/2016/08/20/USATODAY/USATODAY/636072860973318828-C05-LEBRON-PARADE-82835620.JPG

Bonner, of course.

K...
08-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Contra Harlem (at least a little) I think pop from this point forward would be in dgaf mode and take the LeBron circus if LeBron toned it down some and only were here on a short contract. The only plot lines would be LeBron paying us back for 2013, and maximum humiliation towards the warriors (we'd tank for the 8th seed)

SAGirl
08-21-2016, 02:39 PM
A lot of Spurs fans seem to believe that they can pull any FA nowadays, based on the signing of a completely irrelevant player(to casual fans) like Aldridge:lol..

They will never sign a big-name FA, let alone a cultural icon that transcends basketball, like Lebron..
I agree with you 100% on LeBron, but it's beyond that with respect to others. The team concept is not appealing to everybody nor is the sacrifice required to be a Spur. Sure, stars talk publicly of respect and I think they are sincere in the respect, but in the end take the ego path and who can blame them. Stars have priorities like branding, market, attention, ego touches, style they want to play, with whom, etc. POP had to commit for the entirety of LMA contract to convince him, Pau in the backend of his career is in a short contract. Kawhi's is not a popular sunshine guy who will befriend and recruit others. In fact seems like rapidly declining Tony has been a major recruiter if talent among players the past few seasons.

The best path is for the Spurs draft picks to pan out into real contributors which is why fans throwing them to the curb is puzzling around here.

SAGirl
08-21-2016, 02:47 PM
Contra Harlem (at least a little) I think pop from this point forward would be in dgaf mode and take the LeBron circus if LeBron toned it down some and only were here on a short contract. The only plot lines would be LeBron paying us back for 2013, and maximum humiliation towards the warriors (we'd tank for the 8th seed)
POP being in dgaf mode is scary. It metaphorically scares me how uphill he's been to move on in different directions from the old big 3 (1 now retired bc he knows his body all too well, not bc Pop knows when enough is enough).

coachmac87
08-21-2016, 03:02 PM
Um, no..the point is that the Spurs would NEVER allow Lebron to run the organization, and he's obviously aware of that..

I know you love your homer pipe dreams, like when you believed Durant was going to join the Spurs(when in reality, he didn't even consider them), but Lebron's objective goes far beyond basketball, at this point..he's all about the power and empowerment of Black athletes, there's no way he's joining a franchise that has been centered around the "team concept" and never allowing an individual to overshadow the organization..

Pop would never co-exist with a Black American athlete with an ego, let alone a power broker like Lebron(who is trying to push our culture and empower us, purposefully avoiding becoming anything like that Sambo Jordan)..

Ok yes I totally forgot you're a piece of shit racist prick..

You're truly a dumb fuck and I feel sorry for you.

HarlemHeat37
08-21-2016, 03:21 PM
Lol, he would take Pop in Cleveland in a second you dumbass

No, he wouldn't..

- Lebron would never play for a White coach again
- Lebron just beat the best RS team in NBA history with a puppet at head coach..why would he want an authoritative figure like Pop when he doesn't even need him to win a title? Pure homerism and stupidity, tbh..

spursistan
08-21-2016, 03:36 PM
Lebron doesn't strike me as someone who will play till 38-39 yo..So yeah, I could see him retiring at next Olympics at 36...

UZER
08-21-2016, 03:38 PM
Lebron doesn't strike me as someone who will play till 38-39 yo..So yeah, I could see him retiring at next Olympics at 36...

Becaus he'll really be 40.

houston spurs fan
08-21-2016, 04:46 PM
No, he wouldn't..

- Lebron would never play for a White coach again
- Lebron just beat the best RS team in NBA history with a puppet at head coach..why would he want an authoritative figure like Pop when he doesn't even need him to win a title? Pure homerism and stupidity, tbh..

Yeah, no shit. The Cavs aren't making a coaching change and LeBron is never comming to SA. But great players want to play for great coaches and to turn this into a race thing, c'mon bro' it's a bad take. But I get it, you try to be "edgy". Trying too hard per par, you need a new shtick. Don't understand why you troll here and all those other forums like that Laker's place. What do you gain out of it, just makes you feel important I suppose...

exstatic
08-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Becaus he'll really be 40.
Don't let the HGH fool you. He's not that old.

K...
08-21-2016, 05:00 PM
Don't let the HGH fool you. He's not that old.

That's the joke

TD 21
08-22-2016, 05:07 PM
Calling Pop "the greatest NBA coach of all-time" isn't such a bold statement on the surface, but it is when you consider how most players, along with antiquated/casual media and fans, usually judge such things.

James, like others who share this view, probably think this because he has 5 rings, without an all-time great perimeter player or dominant physical force like O'Neal. He probably thinks, "How many would he have with me, Jordan, Bryant, etc.?"

So really what this is, is the usual slap in the face to Duncan, the player, specifically and the big three in general. Sure, they wax on about Duncan's intangibles, but you can tell they think playing for Pop and his "system" (which was actually only his system for a few years and only looked they way it did because of the personnel), is most responsible for the 5 rings.

dabom
08-22-2016, 05:11 PM
Calling Pop "the greatest NBA coach of all-time" isn't such a bold statement on the surface, but it is when you consider how most players, along with antiquated/casual media and fans, usually judge such things.

James, like others who share this view, probably think this because he has 5 rings, without an all-time great perimeter player or dominant physical force like O'Neal. He probably thinks, "How many would he have with me, Jordan, Bryant, etc.?"

So really what this is, is the usual slap in the face to Duncan, the player, specifically and the big three in general. Sure, they wax on about Duncan's intangibles, but you can tell they think playing for Pop and his "system" (which was actually only his system for a few years and only looked they way it did because of the personnel), is most responsible for the 5 rings.

I can understand this. Duncan also carried Porker. :lol

wildbill2u
08-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Did anyone post this link on the same subject?

https://deref-mail.com/mail/client/Sluf87DhRvQ/dereferrer/?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fnews% 2Flebron-might-return-to-team-usa-in-2020-to-play-for-the-greatest-nba-coach-of-all-time-183816651.html%3Fhl%3D1%26noRedirect%3D1