PDA

View Full Version : Europe: FIBA ball is absolute trash.

midnightpulp
08-21-2016, 11:26 AM
- Calling ticky tack touch fouls in the closing moments of the game

- Calling a clear no-call (Spanish driver on Patty, who had FUCKIN' POSITION) a foul in the last seconds.

Do Euros just love ending all their sports with minigames? Spain won it at FT line in the last moments, much a like floptrot team wins a game with a penalty kick or shootout (which happened again in the floptrot gold medal game).

Disgusting.

Raven
08-21-2016, 11:31 AM
the idea of changing refing based on the context, is something only americans do and any other country feels is both stupid and takes away from the legitimacy of the sport. Frankly, they are right.

MI21
08-21-2016, 11:33 AM
That was a disgusting call and the delay on the call made it even worse.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-21-2016, 11:36 AM
- claims FIBA ball is trash
- is a fan of the San Antonio Spurs

midnightpulp
08-21-2016, 11:38 AM
the idea of changing refing based on the context, is something only americans do and any other country feels is both stupid and takes away from the legitimacy of the sport. Frankly, they are right.

I don't like context based calls either, but I didn't even see Baynes foul Gasol enough to warrant a call.

And the Patty foul was fuckin' highway robbery. Patty had position, was outside the half circle, and the Spaniard was driving into him out of control and they call fuckin' blocking. That's a no call, even in FIBA 99% of the time.

There's no spinning this. Aussies were shafted.

midnightpulp
08-21-2016, 11:40 AM
- claims FIBA ball is trash
- is a fan of the San Antonio Spurs

FIBA ball isn't a style of play, Catfucker.

Raven
08-21-2016, 11:40 AM
I don't like context based calls either, but I didn't even see Baynes foul Gasol enough to warrant a call.

And the Patty foul was fuckin' highway robbery. Patty had position, was outside the half circle, and the Spaniard was driving into him out of control and they call fuckin' blocking. That's a no call, even in FIBA 99% of the time.

There's no spinning this. Aussies were shafted.

that's not really what I'm saying, it's just that if the ref thought it was a foul, then he should call it whether it's the first minute of the game, or the last.

midnightpulp
08-21-2016, 11:42 AM
that's not really what I'm saying, it's just that if the ref thought it was a foul, then he should call it whether it's the first minute of the game, or the last.

I agree, but FIBA refs call way too many touch fouls and are actually a lot more inconsistent with what they let go than NBA refs. Bogut literally couldn't play defense this game.

Canyonero
08-21-2016, 12:05 PM
:lol OP with the subtle football attack. Then cries when other users criticize fatball.

apalisoc_9
08-21-2016, 12:42 PM
Sounds like an awfully officiated NBA game.

In fact, id love for the NBA to implement the 14 sec shot clock rule if the ball touches the rim and also get rid of interference.

LkrFan
08-21-2016, 12:52 PM
- Calling ticky tack touch fouls in the closing moments of the game

- Calling a clear no-call (Spanish driver on Patty, who had FUCKIN' POSITION) a foul in the last seconds.

Do Euros just love ending all their sports with minigames? Spain won it at FT line in the last moments, much a like floptrot team wins a game with a penalty kick or shootout (which happened again in the floptrot gold medal game).

Disgusting.

Congrats to Pau for winning a Bronze Medal. He just became the 3rd HOF Spur big man to garner such an honor. Like the Admiral in '88 and Jim in 2004, Pau has provided us visual evidence that unless a Laker is leading the way, chances are not good for winning Gold.

Spurs are the only team in World History to have 3 bigs that cut down NBA championship nets, but also failed to win even a Silver Medal against mostly 3rd world countries. :lol

:flag:

LkrFan
08-21-2016, 12:53 PM

Maaaaaaaaad! :lmao

Koolaid_Man

K...
08-21-2016, 01:15 PM
Congrats to Pau for winning a Bronze Medal. He just became the 3rd HOF Spur big man to garner such an honor. Like the Admiral in '88 and Jim in 2004, Pau has provided us visual evidence that unless a Laker is leading the way, chances are not good for winning Gold.

Spurs are the only team in World History to have 3 bigs that cut down NBA championship nets, but also failed to win even a Silver Medal against mostly 3rd world countries. :lol

Which laker is leading the current team USA?

Spur-Addict
08-21-2016, 01:25 PM
:lol OP with the subtle football attack. Then cries when other users criticize fatball.

Basically this. Still salty about Beisbol being garbaaaaahhge :lol

LkrFan
08-21-2016, 01:27 PM

He retired. Which Spur is leading team USA? Ooohh, that's right...Coach K chose Dr. Dray and Melo over you know who. :)

K...
08-21-2016, 01:35 PM
He retired. Which Spur is leading team USA? Ooohh, that's right...Coach K chose Dr. Dray and Melo over you know who. :)

We are embracing the resistance and had the best players from France, Australia, Spain.

Anyway Kawhi chose not to go bc of girl friend things (and a generally anti spot light attitude). He was picked to go.

Mal
08-22-2016, 02:33 AM

This. Stars get special treatment, last play gets special treatment. Never got this, but kinda used to it, since Spurs were fucked by this a lot.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-23-2016, 01:40 PM

Its "style of play" is set by foreigners. Foreigners that, coincidentally, have made up 70-80% of the Spurs roster in the past decade.

Go drink some bleach.

lefty
08-23-2016, 01:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/duncan_bronze.jpg

Chris
08-23-2016, 04:19 PM

:downspin: that shit! :lol

Chris
08-23-2016, 04:20 PM

Gotheem! :lol

LkrFan
08-23-2016, 08:08 PM
:downspin: that shit! :lol

:lol

LkrFan
08-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Its "style of play" is set by foreigners. Foreigners that, coincidentally, have made up 70-80% of the Spurs roster in the past decade.

Go drink some bleach.

:lmao

Brazil
08-24-2016, 09:00 AM
:lol if we had to create a thread each time a NBA game is poorly officiated... we would have 10 threads per day during RS tbh

Thread
08-24-2016, 11:19 AM
:lol if we had to create a thread each time a NBA game is poorly officiated... we would have 10 threads per day during RS tbh

Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

mavsfan1000
08-24-2016, 11:53 AM
Yeah since the nba has such good refs. :rolleyes

Brazil
08-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Yeah since the nba has such good refs. :rolleyes

:lol OP

Brazil
08-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

what's up old chap ?

Thread
08-24-2016, 01:14 PM
what's up old chap ?

I've very unsettled.

I don't like my "They were selling your shit." concession messed with. Very disturbing.

Brazil
08-24-2016, 01:57 PM
I've very unsettled.

I don't like my "They were selling your shit." concession messed with. Very disturbing.

We all saw our shit sold at one point in our life... not a big deal

Thread
08-24-2016, 02:05 PM
We all saw our shit sold at one point in our life... not a big deal

They never our shit, Bra.

Brazil
08-24-2016, 02:59 PM
They never our shit, Bra.

Oh I'm sure they did

Thread
08-24-2016, 03:07 PM
Oh I'm sure they did

No. You're going to suffer this indignity all alone.

Just take it. You don't have to like it, but, by God, you're taking it.

Brazil
08-24-2016, 03:53 PM
No. You're going to suffer this indignity all alone.

Just take it. You don't have to like it, but, by God, you're taking it.

You are the one who are not taking it tbh... and god knows I'm not alone :lol

Thread
08-24-2016, 04:00 PM
You are the one who are not taking it tbh... and god knows I'm not alone :lol

Let us proceed...

Brazil
08-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Let us proceed...

sure thing