PDA

View Full Version : Longtime Homeless women claimed Feds owed her 99K. She is right and they paid!

Fabbs
08-22-2016, 03:34 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/%E2%80%98i-wasn%E2%80%99t-crazy%E2%80%99-a-homeless-woman%E2%80%99s-long-war-to-prove-the-feds-owe-her-dollar100000/ar-BBvUwwA?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

‘I wasn’t crazy.’ A homeless woman’s long war to prove the feds owe her $100,000.

If you’ve spent any time in downtown D.C., you’ve likely seen 80-year-old Wanda Witter.

Shock white hair, a determined, unsmiling set to her mouth, jeans. She may have asked you for some change and probably didn’t smile if you gave her some. This month you may have also been taken aback by the black eye and stitches across her face.

For years, Witter bedded down for the night at 13th and G streets in Northwest Washington, on the cement in her blue sleeping bag, pulled up tight to keep the rats and cockroaches out. Her tower of three suitcases was stacked on her hand cart and bike-locked to the patio chairs next to her.

She may have even told you that inside those bags is all the paperwork to prove the government owes her more than $100,000. And she was right.

“They kept thinking I was crazy, telling me to get rid of the suitcases,” said Witter, a former machinist from Corning, N.Y., who is divorced and the mother of four children.
Continued......