PDA

View Full Version : Nick and Jessica split

Shelly
10-05-2005, 10:12 AM
What a shock! (http://www.gawker.com/news/nick-and-jessica/if-you-love-something-get-rid-of-it-nick-and-jessica-to-divorce-129185.php)

If You Love Something, Get Rid of It: Nick and Jessica to Divorce
READ MORE: US Weekly, break-ups, nick and jessica

Cover #557s.jpgThe image at right (click to enlarge) probably won’t be on the newsstands until 10 A.M. or so, but we don’t see why you should wait for the news: Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson, America’s Newlyweds, have called it quits. For those of you so self-loathing as to closely follow these things, you’ll recall that in May, E! online reported that the couple had filed for divorce, only to mysteriously retract the story an hour later. But you knew, right then, that this was coming, didn’t you?

The couple is waiting to make an official announcement later in the month (at the appropriate career opportunity, we’re sure), but according to Us Weekly’s scoop — kept so under wraps that employees were not allowed to receive their advance issues yesterday, presumably for fear that People might rape and pillage the story — the marriage has been dead for some time. Well, duh.

The article has a laundry list of contributions to the break-up (mostly blamed on Jessica), including creepy-dad Joe Simpson, Jessica’s “diva” behavior, and her fondness for whiskey on the rocks. One of those ubiquitous sources close to the couple says, “Jessica’s the problem. She’s not the girl America fell in love with anymore.” Oh, young America, were you ever really in love with her? Or were you just lusting? C’mon, be honest.

And now, a moment of silence, please, so that we might hear the sound of every magazine editor in town simultaneously shitting themselves.

batman2883
10-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Oh HELL YEAH i would motorboat those big ones...and give her daily oil massages on her legs.....

Shelly
10-05-2005, 10:14 AM
I wonder if we'll start seeing her with Johnny Knoxville more now...

batman2883
10-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Oh they probably will be engaged by the end of the week, thats happening a lot now since Brad and Angelina did it

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-05-2005, 10:16 AM
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~jr47581/pictures/worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

TheTruth
10-05-2005, 10:18 AM
I wonder if she'd be down with some of The Pinoy Pounder..

sa_butta
10-05-2005, 10:21 AM
I knew this was coming she has been seen at several events w/o her ring and no Nick. She partied for her sisters 21st birthday all night.

batman2883
10-05-2005, 10:21 AM
http://www.index.hr/images2/3008JEssicaV.jpg
http://www.music-atlas.com/images/jessica_simpson_8.jpg
http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/2732/1922/lo/daisy.jpg

batman2883
10-05-2005, 10:22 AM
next stop...playboy

MsMcGillyCutty
10-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Jessica will now take over Eva's title of "who's she dating now" queen.

She's the hottest piece of pie in show business and it isn't cherry pie.

batman2883
10-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Nah for once GIG is right, they wont divorce the father wouldnt let it happen

10-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Not to be outdone by the Nick/Jessica news, Brit and Cletus sex tape to be released soon (http://www.tonight.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=2904867)

NameDropper
10-05-2005, 10:32 AM
This rumor has been going around for weeks. Damn if I wasn't asleep when it broke.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I knew this was coming she has been seen at several events w/o her ring and no Nick. She partied for her sisters 21st birthday all night.

The simple fact that you know that much should be grounds enough to pull your man card.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Good, she is destined to be the future Mrs. AHF anyway :hat

Maybe the whole threeway on the Dukes of Hazzard set rumor is true after all...

BTW, I agree whoever said Playboy. She could name her price to Hef and it'd be the all-time highest grossing issue ever.

sa_butta
10-05-2005, 10:37 AM
The simple fact that you know that much should be grounds enough to pull your man card.I do have a wife therefore I am spared. I have no choice but to overhear the gossip.

samikeyp
10-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Maybe the whole threeway on the Dukes of Hazzard set rumor is true after all...

not her, Luke and Uncle Jesse I hope! :lol

ObiwanGinobili
10-05-2005, 10:39 AM
whats funny is I always thought from the begining that Nick deserved someone better then her.

sa_butta
10-05-2005, 10:41 AM
not her, Luke and Uncle Jesse I hope! :lol:vomit

batman2883
10-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Nick only married her to hit that shit

sa_butta
10-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Nick only married her to hit that shitThat aint no shit.

SpursWoman
10-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Weird...those top 2 pictures don't even look like her.

angel_luv
10-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Ah! Sad news! I was really rooting for them to make it.

Kip Fanatic
10-05-2005, 10:51 AM
I always thought this would come. I have to confess that I did follow their show on MTV for a while and saw the faces Nick would make when she would do or say something weird. It just didn't look like it would last.

SpursWoman
10-05-2005, 10:54 AM
I always thought this would come. I have to confess that I did follow their show on MTV for a while and saw the faces Nick would make when she would do or say something weird. It just didn't look like it would last.

I think putting themselves in that position is the worst thing they could have done to give themselves a fair chance at a successful marriage. Baaaaaad idea.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Hey,

It's gonna work out for Nick. He gets half the money (that she largely earned), he got to hit it until he got tired of it, and now he's back on the market again. Wonder what Christina Aguilera is up to these days :lol

SWC Bonfire
10-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Weird...those top 2 pictures don't even look like her.

That's because when she lost weight she lost it up top. :depressed

SpursWoman
10-05-2005, 11:06 AM
I meant her face. :lol :lol

SWC Bonfire
10-05-2005, 11:17 AM
I meant her face. :lol :lol

Oh, that thing above her full rack of ma'am? Yeah, she got more emaciated in her face as well:lol

NameDropper
10-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Rumor has it she gives great face.

Shelly
10-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Hey,

It's gonna work out for Nick. He gets half the money (that she largely earned), he got to hit it until he got tired of it, and now he's back on the market again. Wonder what Christina Aguilera is up to these days :lol

She's engaged.

I always their marriage was one big publicity stunt masterminded by Creepy Pa Simpson.

Re: the Britney sex tape. That's one big ewwwwww! Kevin is just gross.

Spam
10-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Jessica needs a Spam sammich!!

batman2883
10-05-2005, 11:27 AM
There really is a britney sex tape??? damn i cant wait to see her naked

Shelly
10-05-2005, 11:28 AM
There really is a britney sex tape??? damn i cant wait to see her naked

dude, this is cheeto eating Britney, not pre-Kevin Britney. Big difference!

batman2883
10-05-2005, 11:29 AM
well britney was still fine up until her ass got pregnant and turned into the blob

Spam
10-05-2005, 11:32 AM
But now she's a HOT MILF!!!

Horry For 3!
10-05-2005, 12:42 PM
If it is true, you can only take so much of her annoying voice and her being stupid.

Horry For 3!
10-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Re: the Britney sex tape. That's one big ewwwwww! Kevin is just gross.
I haven't heard of any Britney Spears sex tape...

Vashner
10-05-2005, 01:22 PM
I don't think he will get half her money... Pre - Nup...

He will get some change but not a lot...

Shelly
10-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Nick & Jessica: Is it Over?

October 5, 2005

Is it really over for "Newlyweds" couple JESSICA SIMPSON and NICK LACHEY? According to this Friday's issue of Us Weekly the popular twosome, who have been shooing away break up rumors for the past year, are no longer together. But Nick's representative tells ET that the reports are "not true."

In a joint statment on behalf of Nick and Jessica his rep says: "Nick and Jessica have not separated. Rumors to the contrary are simply not true."

The pair were last seen together publicly on September 11 when they sang a duet at an NFL football game. According to the magazine, rumors of a split started to swirl again when Jessica arrived solo (and without her wedding ring) to her sister ASHLEE's 21st birthday in Las Vegas last weekend and Lachey, who was scheduled to be there, was a no-show.

Us Weekly sources also claim it was her ego, her partying and her dad that drove the couple, who will celebrate their 3rd wedding anniversary on October 26, apart. Just days ago, while talking about her new body care collection "Sweet Kisses," available at Wal-Mart, Jessica spoke with ET's CHRISHAUNDA LEE, offering marriage advice.

"I think you have to always remember, and he has to remember, that you do need a compromise, even though it's hard," she said.

She admitted though, that sometimes strong personalities can get in the way of marital negotiations. "There's people with pride involved," she says. "You have to back down sometime -- just a little bit."

For more on the Nick and Jessica split speculations, watch tonight's ET.
------------------------------

I

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-05-2005, 01:41 PM
dude, this is cheeto eating Britney, not pre-Kevin Britney. Big difference!

Actually until she started showing her pregnancy, she still looked good. Plus I'm sure she wanted to look her best on camera :lol

JoeChalupa
10-05-2005, 01:42 PM
I don't know why but I find Jessica's "dumb" personality sexy and alluring....then again it just may be that fabulous rack of hers.

Marklar MM
10-05-2005, 02:11 PM
http://usemycomputer.com/indeximages/2004/February/jessica.simpson.crop.blender.jpg

ObiwanGinobili
10-05-2005, 02:12 PM
maybe if the media keeps tellign them they are getting divorced they will actually do it.
it's like the media is trying to convince them to break up.

Marklar MM
10-05-2005, 02:16 PM
maybe if the media keeps tellign them they are getting divorced they will actually do it.
it's like the media is trying to convince them to break up.

Dudette...Cameron Diaz said that last night on the Daily Show. But she worded it differently.

"Maybe the media thinks that if they keep writing the stories, that we will get married."

Paraphrased no doubt...but you get the gist.

Shelly
10-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Actually until she started showing her pregnancy, she still looked good. Plus I'm sure she wanted to look her best on camera :lol

She hasn't looked good since she hooked up with Cletus. She always looked like she hadn't taken a bath or ever bothered to wash her hair and this was before being pregnant.

Yet, those two facinate me for some reason! :lol

Shelly
10-05-2005, 02:19 PM
I don't know why but I find Jessica's "dumb" personality sexy and alluring....then again it just may be that fabulous rack of hers.

Way to set back the women's movement there, Mr. Chalupa! :lol

SWC Bonfire
10-05-2005, 02:22 PM
It probably has more to do with her pleasant and upbeat demeanor, and not with her apparent lack of basic functional knowledge of present day society.:lol

Marklar MM
10-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Buffalo's have wings?

King
10-05-2005, 04:07 PM
How about some more:

Baby on the way for Tom and Katie

Wednesday, October 5, 2005; Posted: 4:56 p.m. EDT (20:56 GMT)

vert.cruise.holmes.ap.jpg
Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise in an April 29 photo from the David di Donatello film awards in Rome.

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Movie star Tom Cruise and his fiancee, actress Katie Holmes, are expecting a baby together, a spokeswoman for the actor said Wednesday.

News that Holmes, 27, is pregnant with Cruise's child was first reported by People magazine on its Web site.

"I can confirm that," spokeswoman Marlan Willard said when asked about the report, but added that she had no information about a due date or any other details.

A statement from Cruise's chief publicist, sister Lee Anne DeVette, added: "Tom and Katie are very excited, and the entire family is every excited."

No wedding date for the couple has been set.

Cruise, 43, and Holmes, 27, began dating in mid-April, and he proposed to her in June at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, announcing their engagement the next day at a news conference.

A month earlier, Cruise had drawn snickers and raised eyebrows with a manic, couch-hopping appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey" show professing his love for the actress.

The twice-married Cruise, currently shooting the action movie "Mission: Impossible III," adopted two children, Connor, 10, and Isabella, 12, with former wife Nicole Kidman.

Copyright 2005 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Marklar MM
10-05-2005, 04:10 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. What will they name the baby? Jackie, John, or Spock.

batman2883
10-05-2005, 04:11 PM
When jessica made that video "With you" she looked so damn cute in it, i would so face fuck her

ObiwanGinobili
10-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Dudette...Cameron Diaz said that last night on the Daily Show. But she worded it differently.

"Maybe the media thinks that if they keep writing the stories, that we will get married."

Paraphrased no doubt...but you get the gist.

geesh , and I went to bed early last night..
I'll catch the re-run today at 7 :fro

ObiwanGinobili
10-05-2005, 05:16 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. What will they name the baby? Jackie, John, or Spock.

i think they'll go with somethign more non-traditional... Dyanetics.. or possibly Hubbard

SpursWoman
10-05-2005, 05:38 PM
It probably has more to do with her pleasant and upbeat demeanor, and not with her apparent lack of basic functional knowledge of present day society.:lol

Awesome euphemism! :tu :lol :lol

1Parker1
10-05-2005, 08:03 PM
:wow So much hollywood gossip to take.

First off, is anyone really that shocked with the Nick and Jessica breakup? Even if they claim they aren't, I am 99% sure that somewhere down the road they will divorce like all other Hollywood couples.

Same with the super-weird Tom and Katie Holmes relationship. I give that one 2-4 years max.

:rolleyes

Kori Ellis
10-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Baby on the way for Tom and Katie

Wednesday, October 5, 2005; Posted: 4:56 p.m. EDT (20:56 GMT)

vert.cruise.holmes.ap.jpg
Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise in an April 29 photo from the David di Donatello film awards in Rome.

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Movie star Tom Cruise and his fiancee, actress Katie Holmes, are expecting a baby together, a spokeswoman for the actor said Wednesday.

News that Holmes, 27, is pregnant with Cruise's child was first reported by People magazine on its Web site.

"I can confirm that," spokeswoman Marlan Willard said when asked about the report, but added that she had no information about a due date or any other details.

A statement from Cruise's chief publicist, sister Lee Anne DeVette, added: "Tom and Katie are very excited, and the entire family is every excited."

No wedding date for the couple has been set.

Cruise, 43, and Holmes, 27, began dating in mid-April, and he proposed to her in June at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, announcing their engagement the next day at a news conference.

A month earlier, Cruise had drawn snickers and raised eyebrows with a manic, couch-hopping appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey" show professing his love for the actress.

The twice-married Cruise, currently shooting the action movie "Mission: Impossible III," adopted two children, Connor, 10, and Isabella, 12, with former wife Nicole Kidman.

:wow

Tom Cruise actually had sex with a woman??

Horry For 3!
10-05-2005, 08:26 PM

His last wife as Nicole Kidman, i'm sure he had sex with her.

clooneyschick04
10-05-2005, 08:29 PM

My thoughts exactly! :oops

Kori Ellis
10-05-2005, 08:29 PM
His last wife as Nicole Kidman, i'm sure he had sex with her.

You didn't get the joke. Everyone in Hollywood thinks Tom Cruise is gay and that the women he's with are just for show. Even his ex-wives/girlfriends have hinted that he's gay.

Shelly
10-05-2005, 08:34 PM

Nah..it was done by IVF. Or the Scientologists had something to do with it. :nerd