PDA

View Full Version : Wizards: :lmao Wall and Beal hate each other

08-24-2016, 02:09 PM
http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/wizards-john-wall-bradley-beal-must-put-aside-tendency-dislike-each-other-court

It's no secret that the Wizards' future -- and two best and highest-paid players -- have work to do with builidng their relationship. It's Wall's seventh season and Beal's fifth.

"I think a lot of times we have a tendency to dislike each other on the court. … We got to be able to put that to the side. If you miss somebody on one play or don’t have something go right ... as long as you come to each other and talk. If I starting arguing with somebody I’m cool. I’m just playing basketball," Wall said in a sitdown interview with CSN's Chris Miller that airs tonight, Wizards Central: Offseason Grind, at 7:30 p.m. ET.

"Now that you have your money you got to go out there and improve your game. I want you to be an All-Star just as much as I’m an All-Star."

Since the backcourt has played together for four years, there's a tendency to asume that they're best friends. But they don't spend much time together outside of Verizon Center and they have had to be separated on more than one occassion after blowups.
Beal's first injury last season was a shoulder contusion that came a few games prior to that episode, when he went down to the floor for a loose ball and took a knee against the Atlanta Hawks. While teammates ran to his aid, Wall bypassed Beal and walked to the other end of the court during the dead ball. This sort of body language speaks more than any words.
"It’s tough because we’re both alphas. It’s always tough when you have two guys who firmly believe in themselves, who will bet on themselves against anybody else, who want to be that guy. We both can be that guy," Beal said.

“I want it all to be on me. At the same time I want him to be right there with me. He’s my sidekick. I’m A. He’s A-1. He’s right there," Wall said.

Killakobe81
08-24-2016, 02:25 PM
Awesome. Like both but they are both overrated.

K...
08-24-2016, 02:27 PM
And to think, if Durant had gone there, they'd unite in their hate for him and each their potential

DAF86
08-24-2016, 02:57 PM
These scrubs are way too shitty to be thinking like that. :lol

Chris
08-24-2016, 03:04 PM
Today's NBA :lol

DPG21920
08-24-2016, 03:10 PM
So, so stupid for two players who are good but so overrated.

I know it's not all about Kobe, but this is the Kobe generation. These players bought into and loved the wrong type of player. No one outside of a Nike Marketing campaign walks around saying words like "alpha". It's really ridiculous and shows you were their heads are really at.

Not about winning. Not about doing the hard work, but me. This is Kobe's legacy and it's not all his fault. He was a genius marketer and reached and influenced a lot of young ballers. Unfortunately for them, it's bs.

Thread
08-24-2016, 03:14 PM

I know it's not all about Kobe, but this is the Kobe generation. These players bought into and loved the wrong type of player. No one outside of a Nike Marketing campaign walks around saying words like "alpha". It's really ridiculous and shows you were their heads are really at.

Not about winning. Not about doing the hard work, but me. This is Kobe's legacy and it's not all his fault. He was a genius marketer and reached and influenced a lot of young ballers. Unfortunately for them, it's bs.

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

DPG21920
08-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

What does the fact that 2 5ths > 1 5th have to do with what I said?

Thread
08-24-2016, 03:21 PM
What does the fact that 2 5ths > 1 5th have to do with what I said?

Absolutely nothing. I was just trolling.

SupremeGuy
08-24-2016, 03:41 PM
Absolutely nothing. I was just trolling.:lol

RD2191
08-24-2016, 03:53 PM

DPG21920
08-24-2016, 03:54 PM

:lol

Killakobe81
08-24-2016, 04:00 PM

I think you underestimate the alpha male macho culture to say no one talks that way ..
Only a true beta would think that way ....

Kidding

Deeps about the beta part meant the rest.
Some huge egos in competitive sports ...you have been watching the kumbaya Spurs for to long.
Kobe picked that shit up from Jordan like 75% of his shit.

spursistan
08-24-2016, 04:06 PM

Exactly...we are fuckin' blessed to go from Tim to Kawhi lookin at how this new breed of pseudo NBA stars are carrying themselves :lol...With Pop still at the helm, even if we don't come close to a ring for the next half decade, it wouldn't be because of internal cancerous issues/characters, it is just the Spurs aren't simply good enough..

Killakobe81
08-24-2016, 04:10 PM
Exactly...we are fuckin' blessed to go from Tim to Kawhi lookin at how this new breed of pseudo NBA stars are carrying themselves :lol...With Pop still at the helm, even if we don't come close to a ring for the next half decade, it wouldn't be because of internal cancerous issues/characters, it is just the Spurs aren't simply good enough..

Great point ...
This is more the norm.
Spurs are special even magic and kareem had beef ...they got over it and won but the shit aint easy these dudes have huge egos.

StrengthAndHonor
08-24-2016, 04:17 PM
You don't need to like each other to be successful. Look at Kobe and Shaq, Rodman and Pippen, Lebron and Kevin Love and of course Duncan and Tony Parker.

DPG21920
08-24-2016, 04:19 PM
I think you underestimate the alpha male macho culture to say no one talks that way ..
Only a true beta would think that way ....

Kidding

Deeps about the beta part meant the rest.
Some huge egos in competitive sports ...you have been watching the kumbaya Spurs for to long.
Kobe picked that shit up from Jordan like 75% of his shit.

Maybe true - might be sheltered from all of this because of the Spurs. But it's still amazing to me how great of a marketer Kobe is/was. He truly built this brand and it impacted so many of these players.

Brazil
08-24-2016, 04:55 PM

apalisoc_9
08-24-2016, 07:23 PM

Porker thinks like that.

DPG21920
08-24-2016, 07:27 PM
Porker thinks like that.

Parker is a 4x champion - he can think like that. It's when that mindset prevents you from winning a title like the woefully under performing Wizards.

Robz4000
08-24-2016, 07:36 PM
You don't need to like each other to be successful. Look at Kobe and Shaq, Rodman and Pippen, Lebron and Kevin Love and of course Duncan and Tony Parker.

Duncan and Parker actually hang out with each other outside basketball pretty often; they don't hate each other. Don't think Lebron and Love do either tbh, and the fact Kobe and Shaq hated each other kept them from winning more than they did.

apalisoc_9
08-24-2016, 07:39 PM
Parker is a 4x champion - he can think like that. It's when that mindset prevents you from winning a title like the woefully under performing Wizards.

No he can't.

Kobe thought like that and its looking like he's destroyed the first two valuable years of their younger asset.

Thread
08-24-2016, 07:47 PM
No he can't.

Kobe thought like that and its looking like he's destroyed the first two valuable years of their younger asset.

Whereas because of Duncan's homosexuality you had to win your 1st 5th a 2nd time.

apalisoc_9
08-24-2016, 07:49 PM
Whereas because of Duncan's homosexuality you had to win your 1st 5th a 2nd time.

Do you have enough years in your life to witness the lakers make the playoffs again?

Thread
08-24-2016, 07:55 PM
Do you have enough years in your life to witness the lakers make the playoffs again?

I don't believe so. But, I'm sated, ap's. I've had my day in the sun. There was once days when I did not have enough, and what's more:::I knew it.

I have enough.

tonight...you
08-24-2016, 08:46 PM
I don't believe so. But, I'm sated, ap's. I've had my day in the sun. There was once days when I did not have enough, and what's more:::I knew it.

I have enough.
You are the Renaissance Man of this site. I applaud you and your work here.

lefty
08-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Today's NBA :lol

Thread
08-24-2016, 09:33 PM
You are the Renaissance Man of this site. I applaud you and your work here.

That's very kind of you, tonight.

cutewizard
08-24-2016, 10:14 PM
John Wall, come to the Spurs.........................lol

cutewizard
08-24-2016, 10:17 PM
These people are NOT in the league of Timmy and Manu.....

Spurtacular
08-24-2016, 11:00 PM
I'd ship Wall out. He's garbage. He's Gilbert Arenas 2.0.

Spurtacular
08-24-2016, 11:02 PM
A 42.6 and 42.9 career FG shooter. These guys have been put in inflated rolls, and they have this delusion that they're that good.

DPG21920
08-24-2016, 11:07 PM
No he can't.

Well obviously TP is not as bad as you say (like Kobe) because even with him 'acting" like that, SA has won a title recently and the young guys are developing at a MVP level.

Thread
08-25-2016, 12:36 AM
Well obviously TP is not as bad as you say (like Kobe) because even with him 'acting" like that, SA has won a title recently and the young guys are developing at a MVP level.

You won two recently. Your 1st 5th + your 2nd 5th.

Obstructed_View
08-25-2016, 05:32 AM

Well put. Before Kobe, nobody would have been so retarded as to call themselves an alpha in an interview. :lmao

To be fair, though, Kobe at least worked his ass off to make himself the best player that he could, and individually couldn't have done much more than he did. It's too bad that he never understood the concept of the team because he cared more about his personal legacy. That's really what an "alpha" in today's NBA is: A guy who shouldn't have picked a team sport, and that is definitely his legacy. These guys are as far removed from Kobe as Kobe was from Jordan, who was perfectly happy to team up with Pippen as long as it meant they got to win every game.

Obstructed_View
08-25-2016, 05:34 AM

If Parker really thought like that, he'd have bolted for a big market the first chance he had.

Thread
08-25-2016, 05:51 AM
Well put. Before Kobe, nobody would have been so retarded as to call themselves an alpha in an interview. :lmao

To be fair, though, Kobe at least worked his ass off to make himself the best player that he could, and individually couldn't have done much more than he did. It's too bad that he never understood the concept of the team because he cared more about his personal legacy. That's really what an "alpha" in today's NBA is: A guy who shouldn't have picked a team sport, and that is definitely his legacy. These guys are as far removed from Kobe as Kobe was from Jordan, who was perfectly happy to team up with Pippen as long as it meant they got to win every game.

Though Jordan did act with enough recklessness to get himself booted from the NBA.

Killakobe81
08-25-2016, 06:19 AM

What?!!! Jordan was the alpha male role model ...sure he teamed up with pippen because pippen was a beta that knew his place. If pipp tried this shit beal is doing, Jordan would have put Scottie in check. This post proves obstructed doesnt know shit about Jordan and one of the naive that ignores the fact Jordan punched and bullied his team-mates.

Spurtacular
08-25-2016, 07:09 AM
If Parker really thought like that, he'd have bolted for a big market the first chance he had.

I have no doubt he would have if the Spurs hadn't have shelled out the dough.

Obstructed_View
08-25-2016, 07:23 AM
I have no doubt he would have if the Spurs hadn't have shelled out the dough.

Not sure where that opinion comes from. I certainly don't remember money ever coming up as an issue with him. Hell, I don't even remember Parker talking to other teams when he was a free agent, though I'm sure it had to happen at least once. From what I remember, he's always signed contracts that are market or below, and he does them quickly and quietly and has nothing but praise for the organization and the team. By any measure, he's nearly without question the most loyal player in the history of the franchise. He's sacrificed his numbers for the betterment of the team his entire career, and it will take a bit more than the Jack's ramblings on the radio to change my mind.

Kool Bob Love
08-25-2016, 07:43 AM
^^^
O_V

DPG21920
08-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Agreed - was just pointing out the flaws in the point on all sides.

Monostradamus
08-25-2016, 09:24 AM
What?!!! Jordan was the alpha male role model ...sure he teamed up with pippen because pippen was a beta that knew his place. If pipp tried this shit beal is doing, Jordan would have put Scottie in check. This post proves obstructed doesnt know shit about Jordan and one of the naive that ignores the fact Jordan punched and bullied his team-mates.
lol OV is the guy who once said "Dwight Howard is a black Kevin Love" so just take anything he says with that in mind.

08-25-2016, 09:26 AM
lol OV is the guy who once said "Dwight Howard is a black Kevin Love" so just take anything he says with that in mind.

Chris
08-25-2016, 12:04 PM

Obstructed_View
08-25-2016, 01:57 PM

To be fair, I apologized to Kevin Love a long time ago for that.

Spurtacular
08-25-2016, 05:02 PM
Not sure where that opinion comes from. I certainly don't remember money ever coming up as an issue with him. Hell, I don't even remember Parker talking to other teams when he was a free agent, though I'm sure it had to happen at least once. From what I remember, he's always signed contracts that are market or below, and he does them quickly and quietly and has nothing but praise for the organization and the team. By any measure, he's nearly without question the most loyal player in the history of the franchise. He's sacrificed his numbers for the betterment of the team his entire career, and it will take a bit more than the Jack's ramblings on the radio to change my mind.

When Parker signed for 6/66 in 2004, that was considered a large and "ambitious" contract. It was definitely not below market either. And if anyone was going below market, it was Manu, who signed for 6/52 that same summer.

As for Tony's current salary, I don't think you'd find anyone calling it market or below market value.

InRareForm
08-25-2016, 05:38 PM
unsportsmanlike

Obstructed_View
08-28-2016, 06:16 AM
When Parker signed for 6/66 in 2004, that was considered a large and "ambitious" contract. It was definitely not below market either. And if anyone was going below market, it was Manu, who signed for 6/52 that same summer.

As for Tony's current salary, I don't think you'd find anyone calling it market or below market value.

If there's anyone in the world that thinks Tony Parker didn't more than live up to that contract in 2004, I'm sure they reside on Spurstalk. And considering what Mike Conley's making, I think I'd disagree with you on that last point.

gambit1990
08-28-2016, 11:09 AM
the contract the wizards gave beal :lmao
today's wizards :lol

Thread
08-28-2016, 11:43 AM
If there's anyone in the world that thinks Tony Parker didn't more than live up to that contract in 2004, I'm sure they reside on Spurstalk.

He's your whipping boy, your ready made excuse. He was roundly designated a few years ago. That way Duncan is safe and The Pile is safe, Pop too. It was an easy choice:::he's foreign, France being an added bonus, so at default it's like he doesn't even know "you're" talking about him. And he's short, and after a fashion diminutive, so that lends nicely to his damnation. "Oh, Duncan's wife shits directly in our face in the middle of the '13 Finals? Blame it on that fat little French fellow." --- "Oh, Manu can't fool all of the referees all of the time anymore in the middle of the '16 Playoffs? Blame it on that fatter little French guy." --- "Oh, Diaw went back to Phoenix seed in the middle of the '15 Playoffs? Blame on it his tiny fatso French friend."

The Pile wouldn't take the abuse for a second. He's American, just borned in the wrong spot on earth. Diaw, no, they tried to railroad him here and he nearly torched the arena.

You cocknockers act like you're some holy than though fanbase. You're just as petty, and piss pot and stove up as the next asshole base in the line.

Obstructed_View
08-28-2016, 11:48 AM
He's your whipping boy, your ready made excuse. He was roundly designated a few years ago. That way Duncan is safe and The Pile is safe, Pop too. It was an easy choice:::he's foreign, France being an added bonus, so at default it's like he doesn't even know "you're" talking about him. And he's short, and after a fashion diminutive, so that lends nicely to his damnation. "Oh, Duncan's wife shits directly in our face in the middle of the '13 Finals? Blame it on that fat little French fellow." --- "Oh, Manu can't fool all of the referees all of the time anymore in the middle of the '16 Playoffs? Blame it on that fatter little French guy." --- "Oh, Diaw went back to Phoenix seed in the middle of the '15 Playoffs? Blame on it his tiny fatso French friend."

The Pile wouldn't take the abuse for a second. He's American, just borned in the wrong spot on earth. Diaw, no, they tried to railroad him here and he nearly torched the arena.

You cocknockers act like you're some holy than though fanbase. You're just as petty, and piss pot and stove up as the next asshole base in the line.

So...you agree with me then.

Thread
08-28-2016, 12:52 PM
So...you agree with me then.

No, I'm just calling ass. A spade a spade.

Chris
08-28-2016, 01:52 PM
"Oh, Manu can't fool all of the referees all of the time anymore in the middle of the '16 Playoffs?

Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

Thread
08-28-2016, 02:10 PM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

poeticism707
08-28-2016, 04:26 PM
To be fair, I apologized to Kevin Love a long time ago for that.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Spurtacular
08-28-2016, 04:48 PM
If there's anyone in the world that thinks Tony Parker didn't more than live up to that contract in 2004, I'm sure they reside on Spurstalk. And considering what Mike Conley's making, I think I'd disagree with you on that last point.

I'm not saying 04 Parker signing wasn't still a good value at that time. I'm saying that when the guy is signing for the same amount as guys like Nash and taking more than Manu, let's not say this guy is signing below market value. And I am saying that his recent contract was something of a legacy contract.

Spurtacular
08-28-2016, 04:50 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Yea, you took a dick up the ass; and now you're not the only faggot here.

Obstructed_View
08-28-2016, 06:26 PM
No, I'm just calling ass. A spade a spade.

Um ... Nope. No idea what the fuck you mean. I'm going to start calling you Infinite Monkey, because the shit you type is random.

Thread
08-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Um ... Nope. No idea what the fuck you mean. I'm going to start calling you Infinite Monkey, because the shit you type is random.

Then we'll dance, motherfucker.

Thread
08-28-2016, 06:37 PM
Yea, you took a dick up the ass; and now you're not the only faggot here.

They were selling your shit.

Spurtacular
08-28-2016, 06:42 PM
They were selling your shit.

Autism

Obstructed_View
08-28-2016, 06:49 PM
I'm not saying 04 Parker signing wasn't still a good value at that time. I'm saying that when the guy is signing for the same amount as guys like Nash and taking more than Manu, let's not say this guy is signing below market value. And I am saying that his recent contract was something of a legacy contract.
I went back and found one article about it.

Deadline near, talks end (http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=1911362)

While Parker did indeed not sign quietly, he did end up taking less than he could have gotten. He took ten million less than Richard Jefferson, for God's sake. So you pretty much have to say that his contract was far below market value at the time. If he'd gone to be a RFA the next year, he could have gotten the max. While this current contract is kind of a thank you, he didn't have to put the team over a barrel like Manu did to get it.

BG_Spurs_Fan
08-29-2016, 06:39 AM

Because he's never been a free agent.

Obstructed_View
09-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Because he's never been a free agent.

And since he didn't sign a 15 year contract, that means he always signs his contracts quickly.