PDA

View Full Version : The story behind Tony Parker and Team France's heartwarming unselfishness

spursmvp
08-25-2016, 01:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-story-behind-tony-parker-and-team-frances-heartwarming-unselfishness-162631708.html

:bobo

Mister Sinister
08-25-2016, 01:50 PM
In before the shitstorm tbh fam

08-25-2016, 01:59 PM
Gotta give props where props are due tbh...Great PR move by porker, spent what ammounts to pennies for him and is now getting all this good press for free. Great timing too after Capt Jacks truthbombs about him

Spur-Addict
08-25-2016, 01:59 PM
Waited at the end of the line to hog the glory

ElNono
08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
That's a nice gesture of Team France, tbh... The best PG on that team giving the kid a suitcase full of clothes for his people back home was really heartwarming too, IMO

Obstructed_View
08-25-2016, 02:01 PM
Gotta give props where props are due tbh...Great PR move by porker, spent what ammounts to pennies for him and is now getting all this good press for free. Great timing too after Capt Jacks truthbombs about him

:lol truthbombs

dabom
08-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Good on Tony, but how does this cancel out his on court heroballing or off court fucking of a teammate's wife?

SpurPadre
08-25-2016, 02:20 PM
Good on Tony, but how does this cancel out his on court heroballing or off court fucking of a teammate's wife?

Maybe Brent shared her with him? Because...sharing is caring and all, tbh.

skulls138
08-25-2016, 02:46 PM
Good on Tony, but how does this cancel out his on court heroballing or off court fucking of a teammate's wife?Hes a HOF'r and top 5 Spur, nothing to cancel out, just all good. And personal life is none of my business. Hes the one who doesnt have Eva Longoria anymore and if anybody saw her at the democratic convention they would know that is punishment enough...WOW!!!

SpurPadre
08-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Hes a HOF'r and top 5 Spur, nothing to cancel out, just all good. And personal life is none of my business. Hes the one who doesnt have Eva Longoria anymore and if anybody saw her at the democratic convention they would know that is punishment enough...WOW!!!

Yeah, can't believe he fucked that up. Erin Barry is a notch below Eva, tbh.

cd98
08-25-2016, 04:18 PM
I like Parker, but this puff piece is too much. I hate it when millionaires are back slapped because they show generosity that cost them so little. I mean it's great they did it, but it's just a little much on the back slapping. I would think it was cool if they did all this and kept it quiet. That Dude is getting robbed now that Yahoo has told Brazil all the stuff he got.

Brazil
08-25-2016, 04:35 PM
:lol the hating is getting ridiculous

a piece about a gesture and you get posts about heroballing and team mate wife, you also have the dude with the "would have been nicer if they kept it quiet" when it is quite obvious this is not parker that told this story to the press

smh tbh

Brazil
08-25-2016, 04:38 PM
I like Parker, but this puff piece is too much. I hate it when millionaires are back slapped because they show generosity that cost them so little. I mean it's great they did it, but it's just a little much on the back slapping. I would think it was cool if they did all this and kept it quiet. That Dude is getting robbed now that Yahoo has told Brazil all the stuff he got.

it was just a gesture, that's not an article about how parker and FNT are saving the world... parker is doing plenty of charity that cost him certainly more like investing in French basketball tbh :lol

08-25-2016, 04:40 PM
That's a nice gesture of Team France, tbh... The best PG on that team giving the kid a suitcase full of clothes for his people back home was really heartwarming too, IMO
:lol tbh

dabom
08-25-2016, 04:50 PM
:lol the hating is getting ridiculous

a piece about a gesture and you get posts about heroballing and team mate wife, you also have the dude with the "would have been nicer if they kept it quiet" when it is quite obvious this is not parker that told this story to the press

smh tbh

Tbh, first poster asked for it. :lol

Brazil
08-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Tbh, first poster asked for it. :lol

:lol true tbh

Clipper Nation
08-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Typical PR bullshit from Porker.

:cry "Just forget about my cancerous heroballing ways, my cheating scandal or the time I got bottled in the club. I did a charity photo-op, so that makes me a good person!" :cry

skulls138
08-25-2016, 07:13 PM

:cry "Just forget about my cancerous heroballing ways, my cheating scandal or the time I got bottled in the club. I did a charity photo-op, so that makes me a good person!" :cryJealousy is a bad look.

TheGreatYacht
08-25-2016, 07:59 PM
These cucks prefer a guy who turns down young fans who want a picture.

Chucho
08-25-2016, 08:12 PM

:cry "Just forget about my cancerous heroballing ways, my cheating scandal or the time I got bottled in the club. I did a charity photo-op, so that makes me a good person!" :cry

Your team's greatest accomplishment is beating this hero baller in a 1st round playoff series. Your best players have never played any meaningful games or in a Championship series and they are complacent in that fact to the point where the starting center said winning a Gold against 3rd and 4th rate competition is greater than a real world championship. Your coach is over rated and hasn't had any measurable effect after paying a Kings ransom when you could have hired ANYONE to keep the team performing where Del Negro had them performing. And the biggest story in LA basketball last year was a tired old shitbag ransoming what little name value he had for a bourgeois send-off while shooting deplorably and setting the superior LA franchise back two decades.

Take shots all you want. Porker is more accomplished than your Top 4 players and is still in a better position to get a 5th ring before anyone in LA gets their first. Just wanted to remind you of your terrible basketball reality since you seem to want to escape it to bring down a man's man and all around bad ass.

cutewizard
08-25-2016, 08:18 PM
Parker can display his unselfishness this season....he has 82 games to be heartwarming to us die-hard Spurs fans,

not to mention the playoffs......

Pass the ball boy! Kill the boy, and let the man be born!

-----------------------------------

JON SNOW RULES!

gambit1990
08-25-2016, 08:27 PM
That's a nice gesture of Team France, tbh...
tbh. it was the trainer who noticed him.

Jackson ripped a player he shared the court with for less than a full season
the "reporter" couldn't even get that right :lol

if parker is so unselfish for giving away stuff he didn't have to pay for... what about does that say about boris?

NBA veteran Boris Diaw called the Brazilian volunteer out of the blue, sharing Team France’s tradition of filling a box with fines for minor infractions like late arrivals, which the team then uses to pay for dinner at the end of the tournament.

Galvani wondered why Diaw was telling him this story, worrying perhaps he’d violated a team rule. That’s when the Utah Jazz forward told him, “But this time we decided to give it to you. You helped us in a way unimaginable, always willing.” The money was enough to pay for Galvani’s entire trip to Rio.
for a volunteer i'm sure receiving actual money means a lot more than: headphones, a bluetooth speaker, sunglasses :lol

gilmor
08-25-2016, 08:35 PM
well tony parker sure is better than Ryan Lochte; who is now officially charged in Brazil for faking a police report

SASdynasty!
08-26-2016, 06:39 AM
Parker can display his unselfishness this season....he has 82 games to be heartwarming to us die-hard Spurs fans,

not to mention the playoffs......

Pass the ball boy! Kill the boy, and let the man be born!

-----------------------------------

JON SNOW RULES!
No need to worry, he will continue to pass the ball and pile up more assists than anyone on the team (probably double) like he has for the last 15 years.

GSH
08-26-2016, 08:12 AM
Kawhi gave the Kia from his DPOY award to the Children's Bereavement Center. It's a place that helps kids who have lost a family member. Most people understood that he picked them because of the way he lost his own father.

Some of the same people bashing Parker in this thread insisted that he didn't really give a shit, and someone else picked the charity randomly from a list. It's got to be tough living in a world where nobody ever does anything nice for another person. But it explains a lot of what goes on here on SpursTalk.

The guys on the FNT did something nice, and they didn't have to. That much is fact. As for the rest? Make up whatever story fits your world view, I guess.

EVAY
08-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Kawhi gave the Kia from his DPOY award to the Children's Bereavement Center. It's a place that helps kids who have lost a family member. Most people understood that he picked them because of the way he lost his own father.

Some of the same people bashing Parker in this thread insisted that he didn't really give a shit, and someone else picked the charity randomly from a list. It's got to be tough living in a world where nobody ever does anything nice for another person. But it explains a lot of what goes on here on SpursTalk.

The guys on the FNT did something nice, and they didn't have to. That much is fact. As for the rest? Make up whatever story fits your world view, I guess.

Thank you.

Aztecfan03
08-26-2016, 02:33 PM
well tony parker sure is better than Ryan Lochte; who is now officially charged in Brazil for faking a police report
Can the police charge themselves for lying?

TheGreatYacht
08-26-2016, 03:56 PM
Can the police charge themselves for lying?
Lochte that faggot up!

SAGirl
08-26-2016, 04:46 PM

Good point. I felt the same but the words didn't find me to express it this eloquently. :toast Can't we just celebrate the fact they did something nice for somebody else?