PDA

View Full Version : Eating lunch next to Beck Hammon...

offset formation
08-25-2016, 02:01 PM
That is all...

Dex
08-25-2016, 02:05 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

SpurPadre
08-25-2016, 02:13 PM
Beck Hammon, is that rock singer Beck's full name?

UZER
08-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Arby's?

SpurPadre
08-25-2016, 03:23 PM
Who the fuck is Beck Hammon? Is he friends with Ton Parker or Pat Mill?

Emperor
08-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Please lock this thread unless there are pics to prove it.

08-25-2016, 03:52 PM
That's pretty cool, were you at an upscale restaurant like Texas Roadhouse or Olive Garden tbh?

illusioNtEk
08-25-2016, 08:09 PM
pics or bs

spurs10
08-25-2016, 08:58 PM
Who is Beck Hammon?

Play Boban
08-25-2016, 10:00 PM
Tony's F-buddy.

TheRemix
08-25-2016, 10:24 PM

Tim dunc, Dan Green

offset formation
08-25-2016, 10:35 PM
Please lock this thread unless there are pics to prove it.

Ok...so here's what happened...I'm at a pei wei in the Austin area. I sit down and as I do I locked eyes with this lady who is sitting across from my table (apparently she noticed me staring over at her a couple of times). She's sitting with a lady, (a friend that I heard talking about her kids.) I posted my thread then, as I was sure it was her.

Well 30 minutes or so later, her friend goes to the restroom. At which point Becky, or who I think is Becky actually leans across to get my attention and says, "you think you know me right?" I stood up and moved closer and asked her if she was Becky with the Spurs. She responded that she wasn't then asked who that was. I responded that she was the Spurs first female coach. She replied, "Spurs?" And I corrected with, "we'll actually the NBA's first female asst coach. And she replied, yeah I know who you're talking about...nice to meet you. And I said, "so you are her?" as I reached to get my phone to take said picture. At which point she said, nah, I'm not really her but I have been told I look like her before.? With a smile.

So honestly, I'm not 100% it was her. But given her initial push back on who she was and the final admission that she knew who I was talking about and that others have told her the same thing....I'm not soooo sure.

That's the truth.

look_at_g_shred
08-25-2016, 10:42 PM
Lol

dabom
08-25-2016, 11:16 PM
Instant classic. I see many more threads to come.. Well done OP.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

rastaspur
08-25-2016, 11:21 PM
Cool story bro. I'm impressed. Use that as an ice breaker at the bar or the next glory hole visit. Thats how stories multiply like gremlins.

Then maybe someone can say i was blown at a glory hole by a guy who might have met beck hammon.

gambit1990
08-25-2016, 11:27 PM
good thing you reached for your phone to take a picture and then didn't take a picture.

offset formation
08-26-2016, 12:29 AM
Fine. Either it was her or it wasn't. I give no fucks either way.

Probably jumped the gun somewhat but I still think it was her.
And I did get to meet Sean Elliott and David Robinson on different occasions.

offset formation
08-26-2016, 12:32 AM
Instant classic. I see many more threads to come.. Well done OP.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Nope. Nothing I do could ever come close to your buddy's posting history. And your defense of him. And the fact you both don't see value in Kyle.

You're just weird.

RD2191
08-26-2016, 12:37 AM
Ok...so here's what happened...I'm at a pei wei in the Austin area. I sit down and as I do I locked eyes with this lady who is sitting across from my table (apparently she noticed me staring over at her a couple of times). She's sitting with a lady, (a friend that I heard talking about her kids.) I posted my thread then, as I was sure it was her.

Well 30 minutes or so later, her friend goes to the restroom. At which point Becky, or who I think is Becky actually leans across to get my attention and says, "you think you know me right?" I stood up and moved closer and asked her if she was Becky with the Spurs. She responded that she wasn't then asked who that was. I responded that she was the Spurs first female coach. She replied, "Spurs?" And I corrected with, "we'll actually the NBA's first female asst coach. And she replied, yeah I know who you're talking about...nice to meet you. And I said, "so you are her?" as I reached to get my phone to take said picture. At which point she said, nah, I'm not really her but I have been told I look like her before.? With a smile.

So honestly, I'm not 100% it was her. But given her initial push back on who she was and the final admission that she knew who I was talking about and that others have told her the same thing....I'm not soooo sure.

That's the truth.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/51279093.jpg

dabom
08-26-2016, 12:52 AM
Nope. Nothing I do could ever come close to your buddy's posting history. And your defense of him. And the fact you both don't see value in Kyle.

You're just weird.

:lol

dabom
08-26-2016, 12:53 AM
SpursforSix :lol

GSH
08-26-2016, 07:32 AM
You want proof? Here's a pic of the menu:

http://swiowanews2.com/howto/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/carpet-store.jpg

SpursforSix
08-26-2016, 10:41 AM
SpursforSix (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49684) :lol

Here's what he should have done. He should have called the restaurant from his cell phone and asked for someone to page Becky Hammon. Then, when the they page comes over the speakers, he stands up and says, "I'm Becky Hammon, is there a situation?". Then he runs to the phone and acts like he's talking on it. Then he turns to the restaurant and say, "Greg Popovich has been assassinated!". Then see if the lady smiles before she feigns sadness.

DJR210
08-26-2016, 11:13 AM
:lmao 7 day ban for misogyny :cry

offset formation
08-26-2016, 11:36 AM
:lmao 7 day ban for misogyny :cry

Methinks You Don't Know What Misogyny means..

spurs10
08-26-2016, 11:46 AM
Methinks You Don't Know What Misogyny means.. What is Pei Wei? Seems I've seen it in Austin. Maybe out on 71 in Bee Caves? I'm thinking Becky, if she didn't want to be recognized, wouldn't introduce herself just to say 'I'm not me.' Now someone who has been mistaken for Becky in the past might be curious if she is being mistaken for her again. I've seen her so many times I think I'd know if it was her, but ya never know.

SpursforSix
08-26-2016, 12:11 PM
What is Pei Wei?

Look between you legs.

offset formation
08-26-2016, 12:23 PM
What is Pei Wei? Seems I've seen it in Austin. Maybe out on 71 in Bee Caves? I'm thinking Becky, if she didn't want to be recognized, wouldn't introduce herself just to say 'I'm not me.' Now someone who has been mistaken for Becky in the past might be curious if she is being mistaken for her again. I've seen her so many times I think I'd know if it was her, but ya never know.

It's a Asian food place...kind of like a Mama Fus or something.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it was her or not honestly. But I know for a fact I should have not made the thread unless I was certain of it. Opened up the free beat down.

offset formation
08-26-2016, 12:25 PM

BTW, this gif is pure greatness.

spurs10
08-26-2016, 12:37 PM
It's a Asian food place...kind of like a Mama Fus or something.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it was her or not honestly. But I know for a fact I should have not made the thread unless I was certain of it. Opened up the free beat down. :lol Yeah no big deal! I'm more interested in good places to eat. I mainly go for Thai or Vietnamese in Austin. Sway is really great.

SnakeBoy
08-26-2016, 01:11 PM
I was at Starbucks on Walzem one morning and like half the Spurs team was there. I started introducing myself and they pretended like they were just black people on their way to work but I knew better. So yeah it was probably Beck. Those Spurs are such jokesters.

gambit1990
08-26-2016, 01:18 PM
only spurs i've seen in public:
-tiago buying beer at cvs a few years ago
-rc at the palladium
-actually saw pop recently, at rebelle

Spur Bank
08-26-2016, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if it was her or not honestly. But I know for a fact I should have not made the thread unless I was certain of it. Opened up the free beat down.
She has a pretty distinct voice. Here's a link to her speaking during an interview. Might help.

http://youtu.be/UhFq6w3prgQ?t=1m39s

DJR210
08-26-2016, 02:36 PM
Methinks You Don't Know What Misogyny means..

Any thread that contains any post with negative remarks about Becky Hammon is clearly misogynistic

ulosturedge
08-26-2016, 02:54 PM
Was this person pretty flat chested cause i'd say Becky is quite lacking in that department lol. Among other things as she looks pretty rugged now in her older age.

On a side not I once ran into Jaren Jackson and Jerome Kersey at a nightclub called The Lab which was at The Quarry way back when. So funny I went on a tangent about how we needed Sean back when he was out because of his kidney problem. We had just got eliminated from the playoffs I believe. Safe to say I was buzzing pretty good that night. Their little groupie tried to jump in and stick up for them. I'm sure I went on too much about it. You know when your buzzing sometimes you just don't give a shit lol.

Spurtacular
08-26-2016, 04:23 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Spurtacular
08-26-2016, 04:25 PM

That's the truth.

Next time, at least have the courtesy to bring a made-up story to the OP. Mmmmkay.

tmtcsc
08-26-2016, 05:46 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about. Good creativity.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 08:45 PM
My mom and I actually met Brent Barry and his wife in December 2004 at Ingram Mall and I won a $25 gift card for winning a dance contest as a 10 1/2 year old. I got to shake his hand and my mom struck up a good conversation with his wife, it was a good evening. Only Spur I've ever met in person.

I also saw Devin Brown and Pop once in person at a rec cap in late 2003 but didn't get to shake hands with either of them or talk.

A$ap
08-26-2016, 10:34 PM
Becky can be a little hard to notice at times. I saw her at the car wash on the access road of 1604 and Stone Oak in loose gym clothes. We were waiting outside while our cars were being washed. I kept looking at her unsure if that was her. My dumbass didn't say anything when she walked past me. Then she walked around to the side of the building and started doing stretch routines. One of the employees there told me she goes there often.

offset formation
09-04-2016, 02:17 AM
She has a pretty distinct voice. Here's a link to her speaking during an interview. Might help.

http://youtu.be/UhFq6w3prgQ?t=1m39s

Yes, very nasally. That actually stood out to me at the time. But her hair was not in a pony tail like normally seen on TV, so that threw me. And I would have thought she was taller but her profile says shes 5'5-5'6. So that also jives with my experience.

If I had to bet $1000 on it, I would. But I wouldn't bet my life on it.