PDA

View Full Version : ...Failing our children on Evolution

Blake
08-25-2016, 04:23 PM
"Watching the*NBC Nightly Newsbroadcast on a Friday earlier this month, I gaped as the*last segmentaired.

Kevin Tibbles was reporting from the site of Kentucky's Ark Encounter, constructed by Christian fundamentalist, young-Earth creationist and*Answers in Genesis*president Ken Ham. At the time, Ark Encounter was*set to open*to the public the following week.

Tibbles described Ark Encounter as telling "the Old Testament story of Noah, the animals and, of course, the flood." He interviewed Ham and closed out the 2-minute piece by noting Ham's hope that people will come in droves "to study the story of Noah for generations to come."

What did Tibbles fail to explain?

For one thing, that the Ark shows in its animatronic displays the co-existence of dinosaurs and people. Dinosaurs, of course, went extinct (well, except forbirds, but that's another subject) 65 million years ago; the human lineage evolved 6 million years ago, and our own species about 200,000 years ago

http://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/2016/07/28/487737404/there-s-no-controversy-lets-stop-failing-our-children-on-evolution

Blake
08-25-2016, 04:27 PM
$18 million in tax breaks for Noah's Park.

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article73971147.html

Society moving backwards

SnakeBoy
08-25-2016, 05:17 PM
Did you gape like the author when you saw the story Blake?

vy65
08-25-2016, 05:39 PM
What do you think should be done about Christianity other than crap your pants in fear, Blake?

Th'Pusher
08-25-2016, 05:54 PM
What do you think should be done about Christianity other than crap your pants in fear, Blake?

Work to ensure it does not influence law, education and the like in the US.

Blake
08-25-2016, 06:12 PM

My pants are fine. Christianity and all religion should stay out of public policy making and this loophole of a Christian park getting a ridiculous tax break should be closed.

Do you disagree or was that just a retarded attempt at being clever?

Blake
08-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Did you gape like the author when you saw the story Blake?

No, I shook my head.

vy65
08-25-2016, 06:49 PM
My pants are fine. Christianity and all religion should stay out of public policy making and this loophole of a Christian park getting a ridiculous tax break should be closed.

Do you disagree or was that just a retarded attempt at being clever?

I agree. But my agreement doesn't keep me from seeing Islam as a bigger piece of shit than Christianity. Both suck, but for different reasons and to differing degrees.

Not trying to be clever. Just showing the inanity of your pages and pages of :cry wat u gon do bout Muslam :cry shitposting

mingus
08-25-2016, 06:51 PM
You can't take religion out of politics, maybe the facade of it (ie this museum thing). But people will continue to believe in steady numbers, even when any mention or allusion to it is taken completely out of every science class in the country. Why? Many or most of these people find they have a better life than without it. People who are Christian will continue to get elected by people who are Christian & vote for Christians. Christianity will continue to play a significant role in society & policy making albeit more coded. If what what you want boils down to not wanting religion in our society at all--because that's what you would have want to "get religion out politics"--then what have you personally done to help the cause? Or is this just all fake outrage?

Spurminator
08-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Not trying to be clever. Just showing the inanity of your pages and pages of :cry wat u gon do bout Muslam :cry shitposting

You might have had a point if he and Th'Pusher hadn't immediately answered your question. Seems pretty easy.

Blake
08-25-2016, 09:19 PM
I agree. But my agreement doesn't keep me from seeing Islam as a bigger piece of shit than Christianity. Both suck, but for different reasons and to differing degrees.

So you were trying to be witty, not clever.

If you agree on what should be done, then your false equivalence zinger attempt fails even harder.

You're an idiot, tbh.

boutons_deux
08-25-2016, 09:19 PM
no objection to Christian voting for whomever they want, or brainwashing their kids in Christian madrasas (but not with taxpayer financing).

The objection is to the Christian Taliban trying to force their Bible, ethics, morals, fantasies, Christian sharia, dictates onto non-Christians, and into secular, taxpayer institutions.

Blake
08-25-2016, 09:23 PM
You can't take religion out of politics

It can be done. Just still too much ignorance to do it at this point in time.

I bet 500 years from now the vast majority of people will look back at how stupid Americans were in the 2000s for giving credibility to a fairy tale book.

vy65
08-25-2016, 10:56 PM
You might have had a point if he and Th'Pusher hadn't immediately answered your question. Seems pretty easy.

Except no. Numerous posters (including Pusher) have answered his endless spam easily too.

He can't have an "easy" answer on Christianty when there are similarly easy answers on Islam.

vy65
08-25-2016, 10:57 PM
So you were trying to be witty, not clever.

If you agree on what should be done, then your false equivalence zinger attempt fails even harder.

You're an idiot, tbh.

If I wanted a zinger, I'd mention what type of school your kids go to, idiot.

Lol false equivalence

DarrinS
08-26-2016, 08:11 AM
Let me know when they use that Ark to plow over innocent bystanders.

Spurminator
08-26-2016, 08:27 AM
Except no. Numerous posters (including Pusher) have answered his endless spam easily too.

He can't have an "easy" answer on Christianty when there are similarly easy answers on Islam.

All I've seen has been tribalist cheerleading, not any direct answers to the question... but admittedly I haven't really checked in on those ridiculous threads in a while so maybe someone finally answered the question.

Maybe you could summarize?

Spurminator
08-26-2016, 08:30 AM

Blake
08-26-2016, 08:57 AM
If I wanted a zinger, I'd mention what type of school your kids go to, idiot.

Lol false equivalence

My kid goes to a Christian school because it's still a better set up for her than the public schools.

Lol false equivalence

Blake
08-26-2016, 09:01 AM

Lol if the black knights had ever answered, I'd have stopped asking.

What's your easy answer?

DarrinS
08-26-2016, 12:05 PM
My kid goes to a Christian school because it's still a better set up for her than the public schools.

:lol You're a hypocrite.

Blake
08-26-2016, 12:18 PM

:lol nope. You're intellectually lazy.

RandomGuy
08-26-2016, 12:43 PM

Meh.

It will die the slow death of irrelevance, like any other fairy tale, collapsing under the weight of its failures.

Let people believe in magic happy lands you can go to after your brain/body gives out, I guess.

Just don't force those beliefs on me.

boutons_deux
08-26-2016, 01:18 PM

not if he pays the full fare for the Christian school, which shouldn't be taking any taxpayer funds.

SpursforSix
08-26-2016, 01:24 PM
G2xXu8_2Exo

baseline bum
08-26-2016, 03:18 PM
Meh.It will die the slow death of irrelevance, like any other fairy tale, collapsing under the weight of its failures.Let people believe in magic happy lands you can go to after your brain/body gives out, I guess.Just don't force those beliefs on me.I doubt it, religion isn't going anywhere. It's an extremely important part of many people's social lives and often a hub for tying communities together. I don't think it's such a bad thing at local levels, though I truly hate the megachurch pastors like Hagee and Copeland who get filthy rich off scaring people and preaching a ridiculous far right wing ideology while also influencing national policy.

vy65
08-26-2016, 04:11 PM
All I've seen has been tribalist cheerleading, not any direct answers to the question... but admittedly I haven't really checked in on those ridiculous threads in a while so maybe someone finally answered the question.

Maybe you could summarize?

One poster suggested the need for a reformation, which I agree with. More pragmatic alternatives would include finding and empowering moderate Muslim clerics/leaders to reform the religion within. Funding democracy-promotion efforts (like single issue rights NGOs) in the Muslim world could be a good idea.

I think our leaders need to take a harder line approach towards Islam, but you and I disagree on that so I won't belabor the point.

There are plenty of other ideas in those threads that got lost in Blakes shit posting. I'm sure others have good ideas too if you care to look.

vy65
08-26-2016, 04:13 PM

Lol false equivalence

So funding the creation of the ideology you rail incessantly about online is ok when it's convenient to you.

You complain about posters not having any idea about what to do with Islam, but at least they're not finding it. What you're doing is 10x worse.

You've got nary room. Your Neal raped too.

mingus
08-26-2016, 04:54 PM
no objection to Christian voting for whomever they want, or brainwashing their kids in Christian madrasas (but not with taxpayer financing).

The objection is to the Christian Taliban trying to force their Bible, ethics, morals, fantasies, Christian sharia, dictates onto non-Christians, and into secular, taxpayer institutions.

That's fine but you wouldn't be getting rid of Christianity in politics. In fact you'd probably just wave the flames of their self-persecution & moral superiority complexes even more. It segues into more in the closet religion in politics & less overt. But it still burns in them just the same & possibly even more than before. There's really nothing you can do short of ripping kids away from their parents & or removing people from their rural farms & trailer houses.

Blake
08-26-2016, 05:09 PM
One poster suggested the need for a reformation, which I agree with. More pragmatic alternatives would include finding and empowering moderate Muslim clerics/leaders to reform the religion within. Funding democracy-promotion efforts (like single issue rights NGOs) in the Muslim world could be a good idea.

I think our leaders need to take a harder line approach towards Islam, but you and I disagree on that so I won't belabor the point.

There are plenty of other ideas in those threads that got lost in Blakes shit posting. I'm sure others have good ideas too if you care to look.

Yeah, reform what exactly?

You guys throw that out and then run away when asked what that even means.

You're an idiot.

Blake
08-26-2016, 05:11 PM
That's fine but you wouldn't be getting rid of Christianity in politics. In fact you'd probably just wave the flames of their self-persecution & moral superiority complexes even more. It segues into more in the closet religion in politics & less overt. But it still burns in them just the same & possibly even more than before. There's really nothing you can do short of ripping kids away from their parents & or removing people from their rural farms & trailer houses.

Taking In God We Trust off money would be a decent start.

If they get butt hurt, fuckem.

vy65
08-26-2016, 05:12 PM

You're an idiot.

Are you really so obtuse that you need it spelled out more for you? You've been given plenty of specifics, so I'm starting to think you refuse to believe the nasty shit Muslims do to gays and women and apostates and "unbelievers" in the name of Islam? Are you unaware of conservative clerics contorting doctrine to support these actions? Do you honestly not get it?

Blake
08-26-2016, 05:14 PM
So funding the creation of the ideology you rail incessantly about online is ok when it's convenient to you.

You complain about posters not having any idea about what to do with Islam, but at least they're not finding it. What you're doing is 10x worse.

You've got nary room. Your Neal raped too.

Damn you're really really stupid. :lol

vy65
08-26-2016, 05:14 PM

You're an idiot.

What about the other alternatives (empowering moderate Muslims, supporting democracy promotion efforts, NGOs, etc)? Do you have an opinion on those alternatives?

You really need to drop the CD act. You're not good at it.

vy65
08-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Damn you're really really stupid. :lol

Cool. Very well thought out and intelligent post. Thanks!

Blake
08-26-2016, 05:16 PM
Are you really so obtuse that you need it spelled out more for you? You've been given plenty of specifics, so I'm starting to think you refuse to believe the nasty shit Muslims do to gays and women and apostates and "unbelievers" in the name of Islam? Are you unaware of conservative clerics contorting doctrine to support these actions? Do you honestly not get it?

Oh the ol' "why aren't you getting it"

We're done until you explain how you're gonna legally force the Muslims to reform.

Blake
08-26-2016, 05:18 PM
Cool. Very well thought out and intelligent post. Thanks!

Yours is a lazy unintelligent post that leaves out all pros and cons.

The pros outweigh the cons in my situation.
You're stupid. You're welcome.

vy65
Oh the ol' "why aren't you getting it"

We're done until you explain how you're gonna legally force the Muslims to reform.

What the shit are you talking about. Not only is no one talking about legal reforms, I don't think that's the way to go at all. Everything that's been suggested concerns effectuating a cultural/ideological change. But I'm not surprised that obvious point was lost on you since you'd rather shitpost stupidity.

vy65
Yours is a lazy unintelligent post that leaves out all pros and cons.

The pros outweigh the cons in my situation.
You're stupid. You're welcome.

Your pros and cons don't make you any less of a hypocrite.

Blake
08-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Your pros and cons don't make you any less of a hypocrite.

False. You're stupid.

Blake
08-26-2016, 05:22 PM
What the shit are you talking about. Not only is no one talking about legal reforms, I don't think that's the way to go at all. Everything that's been suggested concerns effectuating a cultural/ideological change. But I'm not surprised that obvious point was lost on you since you'd rather shitpost stupidity.

If the Muslims don't want to reform, what are you gonna do about it?

Nothing. That's the point.

You're stupid.

vy65
08-26-2016, 05:26 PM
If the Muslims don't want to reform, what are you gonna do about it?

Nothing. That's the point.

You're stupid.

the fact that you're asking this question clearly shows that you're not getting it. No one is suggesting that reforming Islam means holding a gun to Abu's head and making him renounce the worst parts of sharia law. That's not how change is effectuated. Change is accomplished by gradual cultural/ideological steps. Here, that would entail finding moderate clerics and empowering them to reach larger audiences. Will that change everything overnight? Of course not. But it is the first steps in a long process of ideological change

This should be obvious to anyone with a 7th grade reading level. But you're too caught up on your bad CD act of latching onto one point and shitposting it over and over. That doesn't work here because your simple question has been answered repeatedly by numerous posters.

Blake
08-26-2016, 05:30 PM
I think our leaders need to take a harder line approach towards Islam

Not only is no one talking about legal reforms, I don't think that's the way to go at all.

No, really. ..you're a fucking idiot.

vy65
08-26-2016, 05:33 PM
Oh, so we're off the "what if they don't wanna" point?

You're quoting my post out of context. Read up on my posts with Spurminator and then get back to me on legal reforms.

Blake
08-26-2016, 05:41 PM
You're all over the place as usual. Go fuck yourself

vy65
08-26-2016, 05:42 PM
No, I'm being pretty fucking direct. But keep getting red faced and saying idiot! It's really working out well for you

DarrinS
08-26-2016, 06:24 PM
Well, at least those Jeebotards are sculpting your kid's mind, Blake. :lmao

Th'Pusher
08-26-2016, 07:17 PM

You're an idiot.

When I said Islam needed a reformation I was suggesting something analogous to 95 theses Martin Luther issued criticizing Roman Catholic doctrine and practice which eventually led to the branching of the various Protestant religions.

DarrinS
08-26-2016, 08:33 PM
When I said Islam needed a reformation I was suggesting something analogous to 95 theses Martin Luther issued criticizing Roman Catholic doctrine and practice which eventually led to the branching of the various Protestant religions.

^this. It has to come organically from within Islam.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-27-2016, 04:42 AM

Literalist christians are just as bat chit crazy as the muslims. The only difference is that western christians understand that the majority of what the Bible and priests say is horseshit; they call it figurative which basically means that the explicit is absurd so make up your own shit. Of course they hold onto all that they see as benefits like salvation if you say youre sorry and heaven and the like.

If the NT was actually followed we would subjugate our women, kill heretics, and all other manner of malfeasance too.

Blake
08-27-2016, 02:34 PM

Yeah, again, what specific part of Islamic doctrine do you think needs reforming? Do you have 95 theses? Do you have any at all?

You guys keep throwing out "reformation" and then run away.

And don't forget to explain how this reformation will deter extremists from going into terrorist mode, thanks.

Blake
08-27-2016, 02:36 PM
If the NT was actually followed we would subjugate our women, kill heretics, and all other manner of malfeasance too.

The OT as well

FuzzyLumpkins
08-27-2016, 07:26 PM
The OT as well

OT is worse.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-27-2016, 07:30 PM
Yeah, again, what specific part of Islamic doctrine do you think needs reforming? Do you have 95 theses? Do you have any at all?

You guys keep throwing out "reformation" and then run away.

And don't forget to explain how this reformation will deter extremists from going into terrorist mode, thanks.

It's the same thing as what the reformation did. Luther took issue with church policy that was not based on the gospels teaching. The Catholics liked to give decrees and claim they were the word of god. Luther listed 95 of them but that was the central theme and many of them dated from the founding of the church in the councils of nicaea. The Muslims have the same mechanism coming out of Baghdad and Damascus from the Abuyyid and Ottoman caliphates and they are called Hadiths.

A good start to a Muslim reformation would be rejection of Hadith categorically.

Avante
08-28-2016, 01:27 AM
One Nation Under God
In God We Trust
So Help Me God
I Swear to God

That is the world we live in. Everyone reading this isn't too far away from some church.

To constantly battle it....why? People want a God so they have Him.

As far as Muslims go, they are totally wacked and need to be eliminated. Too many are dying because of these retards?

I knew it was bad but didn't realize just how bad off it all was until I recently read the Koran. Talk about some seriousness bullshit, there it is. Real easy to see why we have all this...BOOOOMMM~~~~~~~~

pgardn
08-28-2016, 08:54 AM
If one takes a very close look at the lives of the two leading characters, Jesus and Mohammad, it's very clear who led a less violent life. It's not even close. The life of Jesus fits the Judeo-Christian worldview as well as many Muslims. Just like more reflective Christians have a tough time with the Old Testament, reflective Muslims should have a tough time with the life of Mohammad IMO.

But the overall readings of both Bibles and the Koran are full of violence. Fundamentalists are called such because they hold unbending views. Christians and Muslims have both violated what we call common human decency today. This violation usually fits into a mindset that can't deal with tough questions. The inability of a fundamentalist to say "I don't know" has lead to some horrible consequences when judgements proceed to action.

Both groups are guilty as charged.

And I thank you.

- Judge Wopner

Ps When folks like Avante deal only with the present day conflicts in which Isamic areas are heavily involved it is pitifully sad. People who claim they know history and don't look at the Christian bloodbathes in Europe... it's astounding. Just go back to the breakup of Yugoslavia if you want a reminder. Croatia (largely Catholic) did a number on Muslims. It was overshadowed by the Serbs.

The time Avante lives in does not define history. "Close the book, no need to examine closely, this is how it's always been. I live in the most special time. Me."

Blake
08-28-2016, 05:35 PM
A good start to a Muslim reformation would be rejection of Hadith categorically.

I don't think Islamophobes really care. They're gonna lump them all together any way.

Blake
08-28-2016, 05:35 PM
One Nation Under God
In God We Trust
So Help Me God
I Swear to God

That is the world we live in. Everyone reading this isn't too far away from some church.

To constantly battle it....why? People want a God so they have Him.

As far as Muslims go, they are totally wacked and need to be eliminated. Too many are dying because of these retards?

I knew it was bad but didn't realize just how bad off it all was until I recently read the Koran. Talk about some seriousness bullshit, there it is. Real easy to see why we have all this...BOOOOMMM~~~~~~~~

Hey old fuck. This is my thread. Your deal was to stay out so that I leave you alone.

Hit the bricks.

Th'Pusher
08-28-2016, 05:57 PM
I don't think Islamophobes really care. They're gonna lump them all rusher any way.

So he provides specifics of what an Islamic reformation might look like and your response is to call him an islamophobe?

Ok.

Blake
08-29-2016, 08:16 AM
So he provides specifics of what an Islamic reformation might look like and your response is to call him an islamophobe?

Ok.

They're =/= you're

I'm pretty sure fuzzy isn't an islamophobe

RIF.