PDA

View Full Version : those thieving British!!!!

ObiwanGinobili
10-05-2005, 02:01 PM
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2005-10-05T125455Z_01_DIT546486_RTRUKOC_0_US-BRITAIN-SHOPLIFTERS.xml

And the most prolific shoplifters are..
Wed Oct 5, 2005 8:55 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Britons are the most prolific shoplifters in Europe, a survey published Wednesday showed.

They stole 3.58 billion pounds of goods from their nation's shops last year, the equivalent of 1.59 percent of British retail turnover.

Razor blades were the most stolen item followed by alcohol and toiletries, according to the British-based Center for Retail Research.

Finland had the second worst shoplifting problem followed by Portugal and Greece while the Swiss were the most disciplined shoppers, the survey showed. Theft accounted for 0.89 percent of Swiss retail turnover.

In all, Europeans stole 30.8 billion euros worth of goods from their stores last year -- 71.5 euros per person.

Customers were blamed for 48 percent of the thefts, staff for 29 percent and suppliers for 7 percent.

The survey covered 423 retailers in 24 countries, accounting for 20 percent of European retail turnover.

:lmao it's true tho... razor blade refills are prohibitively expensive nowadays....

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Silly Brits. If only they had seen the Free Quatro razor thread. Then again if I lived somewhere where there was next to zero chance that the shop keeper had a gun I might shop lift a little too. But this is Texas, and I'd like to keep my brains inside my skull, thank you very much.

SWC Bonfire
10-05-2005, 02:06 PM
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2005-10-05T125455Z_01_DIT546486_RTRUKOC_0_US-BRITAIN-SHOPLIFTERS.xml

:lmao it's true tho... razor blade refills are prohibitively expensive nowadays....

Unfortunately, some of them forgo razors altogether.

Property crime is extremely high in Europe, though.

ObiwanGinobili
10-05-2005, 02:09 PM
speaking of razor blade refills....

i have a 4 pack of quattro blades and no quattro handle for them.
Emo decided he didn't like the quattro and he threw out the handle.. then I came home with new refills.

and why arn't they stealing toothbrushes and floss??? now there's something they could use.

SWC Bonfire
10-05-2005, 02:12 PM
and why arn't they stealing toothbrushes and floss??? now there's something they could use.

:lol Do you remember an old SNL commercial they did for the English Toothpaste? "Because you just might want to brush your teeth twice a month" or something like that.

But really, there is something wrong with their teeth. I think it is genetic, because my mother has brittle teeth and has some English/Scots/Irish ancestry. Mine are crooked, but they're tough bastards.

ObiwanGinobili
10-05-2005, 02:15 PM
I agree.. it must be genetic.. I think it has somethign to do with small jaws... or just a lower face weakness. I see the most no-chin people among the british...

I have a bit of Irish in me and we (in the family) always blame that for our poor teeth. We all get cavityies and such real easy - even with sealents and regualr dental care. But I have a good size jaw (thanks to all my other heritage) and I'm anal about mouthcare.

SWC Bonfire
10-05-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm anal about mouthcare.

I'll try not to read too much into that statement. :lol

Like I said, I can't talk down to anyone too much on account of mine being crooked (I always played football and rugby and never got them straightened out), but I've never had a cavity in almost 29 years. I haven't been to a dentist in quite some time, but they aren't discolored, either (at least not like the brown crap that the brits get. Maybe it's something in their water, but they pretty much sanitize their mouths with alcohol anyways.)

Marklar MM
10-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Colors of the world (Spice up your life)
Every boy and every girl(Spice up your life)
People of the world(Spice up your life)

Right. Try being...part French, part Irish, part Polish, and part Hungarian. It makes for an interesting look.

Vashner
10-05-2005, 02:21 PM
I also hear the crack abuse is super rampant in England... I mean REALLY bad..

ObiwanGinobili
10-05-2005, 02:23 PM
hmmm crack abuse and brown teeth and beer.....

maybe the crack pipes and dark as dirt beer are stainign thier teeth?

xrayzebra
10-05-2005, 02:33 PM
I haven't been to a dentist in quite some time, but they aren't discolored, either (at least not like the brown crap that the brits get. Maybe it's something in their water, but they pretty much sanitize their mouths with alcohol anyways.)

It is the hot tea they drink, stains the teeth and they drink a lot of it.

ObiwanGinobili
10-05-2005, 02:43 PM
It is the hot tea they drink, stains the teeth and they drink a lot of it.

good point.. plus they use alot of sugar.
ever have candy form england??? it;s soo sweet 2 bites make you sick.