PDA

View Full Version : Game 7 between Detroit and Spurs on now (12:51)

wildbill2u
08-28-2016, 12:52 PM
NBA TV . 4th quarter coming up with score tied at 57 all.

LOTS OF SPUR PLAYOFF GAMES ON TODAY. pHOENIX , CLEVELAND GANE 4 IN 2007

tmtcsc
08-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Manu at his peak! -- Back when you wanted him to have the ball at the end of games and he was clutch from the free throw line.

wildbill2u
08-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Manu took over in the 4th. Demonic defense, couple of crucial rebounds, 11 points and a very smart play at the end of the game where he got wide open down court, ignored the easy layup and instead dribbled around to run the clock until he got fouled and then calmly sank two freethrows to ice the game. This championship win belonged to Manu.

Emperor
08-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Manu went flew blown Jordan towards the end.

spurs10
08-28-2016, 02:48 PM
God I love this game. Will have to watch tonight!!

dbestpro
08-28-2016, 03:18 PM
I was there. Upper deck. The most important game in Spurs history.

spurs10
08-28-2016, 06:21 PM
I was there. Upper deck. The most important game in Spurs history. Awesome! Can't say I'd argue! I was there June 15th 2014 and after that misery from the year before that was pretty damn amazing and surreal. Still is hard to believe. 2005 Game 7 was just off-the-chart though.
:flag:

Spurtacular
08-28-2016, 07:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un2beanAsGc

wildbill2u
08-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Many destroyed Cleveland in the 4th in 2007 with 13 of his 25 pts including close out FTs in final minutes.

Horse
08-28-2016, 08:13 PM
Watching 2008 vs Phoenix checkout the expert predictions on this series if you want a quick laugh.

texbound
08-28-2016, 11:03 PM
I, like most of you on here, have been very appreciative to have witnessed this Spurs team over the past 19 years. Think of all the organizations that have come and gone then come and gone again. The Spurs have maintained that high level for 19 years. That is remarkable and unprecedented in today's sports world. We're so lucky as a fan base.

Spurtacular
08-28-2016, 11:21 PM
Game 7 Company Men were Joey Crawford, Eddie Rush and Dick Bavetta. How'd the Spurs win that one?

Sean Cagney
08-29-2016, 01:49 AM
Manu at his peak! -- Back when you wanted him to have the ball at the end of games and he was clutch from the free throw line.

He was an automatic 2-2 at the line in those days, loved to see him get fouled late because I knew he would sink them.
Watching 2008 vs Phoenix checkout the expert predictions on this series if you want a quick laugh.

Supposed to be their redemption for getting so called "Robbed by suspensions" in 2007 and most picked them, turns out the Spurs beat them 4-1 and son their fans and critics ones again by whipping the Suns ass :lol
Manu took over in the 4th. Demonic defense, couple of crucial rebounds, 11 points and a very smart play at the end of the game where he got wide open down court, ignored the easy layup and instead dribbled around to run the clock until he got fouled and then calmly sank two freethrows to ice the game. This championship win belonged to Manu.Tim in that third Q kept them in it and brought them back and Manu did the rest in the 4th to seal that game, truly a classic for Spurs fans.

spurs10
08-29-2016, 02:05 AM
He was an automatic 2-2 at the line in those days, loved to see him get fouled late because I knew he would sink them.

Supposed to be their redemption for getting so called "Robbed by suspensions" in 2007 and most picked them, turns out the Spurs beat them 4-1 and son their fans and critics ones again by whipping the Suns ass :lolTim in that third Q kept them in it and brought them back and Manu did the rest in the 4th to seal that game, truly a classic for Spurs fans. Yep, yep, and yep!

spurs10
08-29-2016, 02:09 AM
I, like most of you on here, have been very appreciative to have witnessed this Spurs team over the past 19 years. Think of all the organizations that have come and gone then come and gone again. The Spurs have maintained that high level for 19 years. That is remarkable and unprecedented in today's sports world. We're so lucky as a fan base. This is really the story when it's all said and done. For 19 years- largely due to Tim Duncan- the Spurs were the most winning team in all team sports: hockey, baseball, football, basketball.... all of them. It's not over yet.

SASdynasty!
08-29-2016, 06:08 AM
Game 7 Company Men were Joey Crawford, Eddie Rush and Dick Bavetta. How'd the Spurs win that one?
When you go back and watch the third quarter, it really is pretty bad. There's a stretch of 3 or 4 trips down the floor when the Spurs get clean blocks and get whistled, which keeps the game tied essentially going into the 4th. Thankfully Tim and Manu came up huge in that 4th quarter.

tmtcsc
08-29-2016, 07:12 AM
Spurs fans are often criticized for not being exuberant during games, but Game 7 against the Pistons was the loudest I've heard it in the AT&T Center. I was a season ticket holder for years and saw many of the biggest home games of the Big 3 era and can say unequivocally that the energy, excitement and decibel levels were definitely unmatched by any other game I've ever experienced.

The crowd was on its feet at least 30 minuets before tip-off - sometimes chanting "Go Spurs Go" or just plain being rowdy. It was awesome. I still think that Championship was the most special. 2014 was fantastic and offered retribution and closure, but I always thought the Spurs were better than Miami and expected them to win back 2 back. So 2014 was really just completing unfinished business.

The Spurs vs Pistons was a match-up of 2 great coaches and 2 great teams and I felt the outcome was no forgone conclusion like the 2 previous Spurs titles.

lefty
08-29-2016, 08:21 AM
Rigged series

Detroit should have won

bdubya
08-29-2016, 09:19 AM
Rigged series

Detroit should have won

Should have, could have, would have...didn't.

Great game, great series, but fuuuuuck......

FromWayDowntown
08-29-2016, 09:26 AM
When you go back and watch the third quarter, it really is pretty bad. There's a stretch of 3 or 4 trips down the floor when the Spurs get clean blocks and get whistled, which keeps the game tied essentially going into the 4th. Thankfully Tim and Manu came up huge in that 4th quarter.

Detroit had an argument for being hosed by the officiating that night, too. I didn't watch the replay, so my memories may be unfounded, but I recall Rasheed Wallace (who was arguably the most important guy for Detroit in any game against the Spurs, for his ability to defend Timmy with little help) being in serious foul trouble in the first half of Game 7 and being kind of a non-factor that night because of those fouls.

SASdynasty!
08-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Detroit had an argument for being hosed by the officiating that night, too. I didn't watch the replay, so my memories may be unfounded, but I recall Rasheed Wallace (who was arguably the most important guy for Detroit in any game against the Spurs, for his ability to defend Timmy with little help) being in serious foul trouble in the first half of Game 7 and being kind of a non-factor that night because of those fouls.
I need to go back and watch the first half. I just started watching the third quarter an on and it was pretty bad. For some reason I didn't remember that live.

Dex
08-29-2016, 10:15 AM
What a game. Pistons were still within striking distance with a minute to go....wasn't really put out of reach until Manu had that layup and two free throws with thirty ticks or so left.

I'm glad for Timmy that he got that FMVP and he still put up numbers that most players could only dream of...but he was still off that entire series. His hug of Robert Horry after Game 5 was very telling...he knew he had been bailed out.

That FMVP probably should have belonged to Manu.

FromWayDowntown
08-29-2016, 10:21 AM
I need to go back and watch the first half. I just started watching the third quarter an on and it was pretty bad. For some reason I didn't remember that live.

My recollection in the moment (and in the building without the benefit of replays) was that at least one of the calls on Rasheed in the 2nd quarter was pretty iffy. And I think that my sense at the time was that he probably should have gotten the benefit of the doubt, given the circumstances. It was unfortunate that, in the moment, Rasheed's Game 7 foul problems were an issue.

Games 5 and 7 (for sure) and most of Game 6 of that series were definitely Big Boy Basketball. There wasn't any room left for the timid or the weak-minded once Detroit got that series even. Game 5 is not exactly scintillating offensive basketball, but it was two very physical teams full of strong-minded guys just throwing haymaker after haymaker until that overtime ended. If you can ignore the lack of offense, it's a pretty remarkable exhibit of competition (and of Robert Horry's sheer will to win).

FromWayDowntown
08-29-2016, 10:25 AM

As recounted a lot of different times around this forum, it very nearly did; Timmy got 6 of the 10 votes, and Manu got the other 4:

Duncan's 12 points and six rebounds in the third quarter of Game 7 put the Spurs in control, a factor that carried significant weight in the minds of the six voters -- one each from Detroit and San Antonio, two from national NBA writers and two from broadcasters (all of them Americans) -- who cast their ballots for Duncan late in the fourth quarter of Game 7. Ginobili's four votes came from online balloting, one national NBA writer and one beat writer each from San Antonio and Detroit.

http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=2181970

jsandiego
08-29-2016, 01:17 PM
I was there. Upper deck. The most important game in Spurs history. Me too! Last row in the corner of the building. Most amazing sports event of my life.

spurs10
08-29-2016, 01:30 PM
Me too! Last row in the corner of the building. Most amazing sports event of my life. Awesome!

spurs10
08-29-2016, 01:32 PM
Should have, could have, would have...didn't.

Great game, great series, but fuuuuuck...... Yeah 2013 feels your pain!

UZER
08-29-2016, 01:46 PM
Spurs fans are often criticized for not being exuberant during games, but Game 7 against the Pistons was the loudest I've heard it in the AT&T Center. I was a season ticket holder for years and saw many of the biggest home games of the Big 3 era and can say unequivocally that the energy, excitement and decibel levels were definitely unmatched by any other game I've ever experienced.

The crowd was on its feet at least 30 minuets before tip-off - sometimes chanting "Go Spurs Go" or just plain being rowdy. It was awesome. I still think that Championship was the most special. 2014 was fantastic and offered retribution and closure, but I always thought the Spurs were better than Miami and expected them to win back 2 back. So 2014 was really just completing unfinished business.

The Spurs vs Pistons was a match-up of 2 great coaches and 2 great teams and I felt the outcome was no forgone conclusion like the 2 previous Spurs titles.

Dad was there. Said the same thing.

Sean Cagney
08-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Rigged series

Detroit should have won

LA 2002 would have a stronger case since you are an LA fan, infact a way stronger case. There was no controversy around this Spurs Pistons series, period.

What a game. Pistons were still within striking distance with a minute to go....wasn't really put out of reach until Manu had that layup and two free throws with thirty ticks or so left.

I'm glad for Timmy that he got that FMVP and he still put up numbers that most players could only dream of...but he was still off that entire series. His hug of Robert Horry after Game 5 was very telling...he knew he had been bailed out.

That was the closest to seeing Tim timid and choking I have ever seen and he still came through in game 7 3rd quarter on, showed who he was! Hurt and all.

The first two games he was great and then downhill from there and he looked lost a lot of times, you could definitely tell he was bailed out like you said from the hug and relief. We lose that series in 6 if they lose that game 5, I will always be convinced of that.

wildbill2u
08-30-2016, 02:51 PM

I was at home watching on TV so didn't get the awesome electricity of the crowd--but this game was such a pressure game and going into the 4th with a tie and both teams fighting hard, it was so nerve racking. Even at the last two minutes, the game was in doubt although we held a small lead. Pistons were a worthy foe, but the Spur defense was magnificent and Tim held us together in the 3rd and then Manu brought us home.