PDA

View Full Version : Don't Breathe (2016)

InRareForm
08-29-2016, 08:35 AM
Pretty good scary thriller movie. Last 45 minutes the action and suspense was great.

8/10

08-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Bend over, I'll show you 45 minutes of great action

Blake
08-29-2016, 09:59 AM
Looks pretty intense

SpursforSix
08-29-2016, 10:30 AM
I haven't gone to see a horror movie at the theater in years. But I think I'll see this one.

benefactor
08-29-2016, 10:34 AM
I enjoyed it. One of the better scary movies of the past ten years or so.

I. Hustle
08-29-2016, 11:13 AM
I enjoyed it. One of the better scary movies of the past ten years or so.

Really? I've been pretty disappointed with the past few "scary" movies. I love horror films. I expect some cheesiness and stuff. Usually I don't mind it but some of the more recent horror flicks have been pretty lame.

SpursforSix
08-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Really? I've been pretty disappointed with the past few "scary" movies. I love horror films. I expect some cheesiness and stuff. Usually I don't mind it but some of the more recent horror flicks have been pretty lame.

Same. Everyone was talking about how fresh Unfriended was and how good it was. I was pretty disappointed with it. I thought Babadook was pretty good. Still want to see the Witch.

benefactor
08-29-2016, 11:23 AM
I agree completely. I'm pretty tough on these types of movies as well but this one was surprisingly good.

UZER
08-29-2016, 11:34 AM
I agree completely. I'm pretty tough on these types of movies as well but this one was surprisingly good.

What were your expectations going in? Sometimes that sways opinion.

benefactor
08-29-2016, 11:37 AM
What were your expectations going in? Sometimes that sways opinion.
I never expect much out of a scary movie these days. It was getting good reviews and it was a little different spin on the "trapped in a house" thing, so I figured at the very least it would be worth the price of a matinee.

Blake
08-29-2016, 11:43 AM
The last 'scary'movie I saw was 10 Cloverfield lane.

What an overhyped crapturd that was. Goodman was good tho

benefactor
08-29-2016, 11:46 AM

The end was stupid, but everything before that was actually pretty good.

SpursforSix
08-29-2016, 11:59 AM

Do you have to watch the 1st one?

I. Hustle
08-29-2016, 12:43 PM

I'm in the middle. I liked it for the most part but I think it could have been better. Goodman was good for sure.

Maybe if it had some booby in it? I don't know. That's just my professional opinion.

I. Hustle
08-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Same. Everyone was talking about how fresh Unfriended was and how good it was. I was pretty disappointed with it. I thought Babadook was pretty good. Still want to see the Witch.

The witch was alright. It was pretty good but. Unfriended ate a decroded piece of crap.

Trill Clinton
08-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Do you have to watch the 1st one?

no

chunticakes
08-29-2016, 03:20 PM
10 Cloverfield had a very Hitchcock feel to it right up until the end where it fell flat on its face.

Unfriended utterly sucked.

The Witch sucked, it just dragged ass. If you want a Puritan timepiece you'll enjoy it. If you want a horror movie, you'll be disappointed.

Looking forward to this blind guy trapped in a house movie.

I. Hustle
08-29-2016, 03:21 PM
10 Cloverfield had a very Hitchcock feel to it right up until the end where it fell flat on its face.

Unfriended utterly sucked.

The Witch sucked, it just dragged ass. If you want a Puritan timepiece you'll enjoy it. If you want a horror movie, you'll be disappointed.

Looking forward to this blind guy trapped in a house movie.

To be fair... The Witch had boobs in it.

chunticakes
08-29-2016, 03:25 PM
To be fair... The Witch had boobs in it.

That it did.

SPOILER

The ending...plus the red witch chick that gives the kid an apple are the only high notes. :lol

I. Hustle
08-29-2016, 03:54 PM
That it did.

SPOILER

The ending...plus the red witch chick that gives the kid an apple are the only high notes. :lol

LOL

gambit1990
08-30-2016, 09:42 PM
don't breathe is a lot better than cloverfield lane. i would recommend seeing don't breathe, would never recommend cloverfield lane tbh.

i liked the witch, was well made. especially considering its budget.

Oh, Gee!!
09-02-2016, 02:20 PM
It was good until the very end. The ending was a little unrealistic to me.

Chucho
09-02-2016, 04:07 PM
It was really good and refreshing from the gorefest the horror genre became in the oughts with things like Saw and Hostel and all the countless zombie clones.

Definitely up there with the first Conjuring as one of the best horror movies of this decade.

InRareForm
09-02-2016, 04:16 PM
as much as this movie was good there is a very disturbing scene in the end... it is just so nasty... many will know what i am talking about

ColinB
09-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Enjoyed Don't Breathe.

The Witch was great, btw.

StrengthAndHonor
09-02-2016, 07:09 PM
I thought it was predictable and stupid.

benefactor
09-02-2016, 10:08 PM
as much as this movie was good there is a very disturbing scene in the end... it is just so nasty... many will know what i am talking about
Whole fucking theater broke out laughing...was definitely unexpected.:lol

tbdog
09-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Looking forward to seeing this one. For those Horror nuts, my favourite Martyrs. Brilliant story. But be warned, it is very hard to watch. Something happens and you realise what the hell is going on. And at that moment you realise your about to watch some pretty awful shit.

Thread
09-10-2016, 11:47 PM
Looking forward to seeing this one. For those Horror nuts, my favourite Martyrs. Brilliant story. But be warned, it is very hard to watch. Something happens and you realise what the hell is going on. And at that moment you realise your about to watch some pretty awful shit.

Is it "sick" shit, or, something else?

jermaine
09-11-2016, 06:26 AM
This movie is easily the best suspense movie in a very very long time.... Every time you thought it was over, more action on it's way. Great movie!!! 9/10 to me

tbdog
09-11-2016, 12:37 PM
Is it "sick" shit, or, something else?

Firstly, I am talking about the original French version, not the remade American version which is meant to be a complete disaster.
To answer your question, both tbh. It is sick for the purpose to shock you, but it has a purpose, a meaning, something that you talk about. It is one of the better horror film plots out there. Some say movies like Saw and Hostile are 'sicker.' They probably are, in parts, but because this has more meaning, and that the victim's have more purpose, you feel it more. It is really hard to explain. But it is a hardcore horror and not a teen slasher style.

Another good movie to see which isn't really violent at all is Funny Games. There is a American remake of it, shot by shot, directed by the same original director too. It is very good. Again a movie that has something to say. But it isn't exactly a horror film. No jump scares. It feels like it is written by Tarantino

gambit1990
09-11-2016, 12:40 PM
i was like 'what's he talking about?' then i remembered :lol

wouldn't say very disturbing though. gross, yeah.

Thread
09-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Firstly, I am talking about the original French version, not the remade American version which is meant to be a complete disaster.
To answer your question, both tbh. It is sick for the purpose to shock you, but it has a purpose, a meaning, something that you talk about. It is one of the better horror film plots out there. Some say movies like Saw and Hostile are 'sicker.' They probably are, in parts, but because this has more meaning, and that the victim's have more purpose, you feel it more. It is really hard to explain. But it is a hardcore horror and not a teen slasher style.

Another good movie to see which isn't really violent at all is Funny Games. There is a American remake of it, shot by shot, directed by the same original director too. It is very good. Again a movie that has something to say. But it isn't exactly a horror film. No jump scares. It feels like it is written by Tarantino

"Funny Games" is horrible, dog. I can't do it. So, if it's like FG then tell me so I don't waste my time & money. I'd appreciate it. I can't do torture that is, or, can be based in reality.

tbdog
09-11-2016, 01:29 PM
"Funny Games" is horrible, dog. I can't do it. So, if it's like FG then tell me so I don't waste my time & money. I'd appreciate it. I can't do torture that is, or, can be based in reality.

Yeh, then stay away from it. The movie is about torture at a different level that you have seen. Why didn't you like Funny Games btw?

Thread
09-11-2016, 03:49 PM
Yeh, then stay away from it. The movie is about torture at a different level that you have seen. Why didn't you like Funny Games btw?

It was too mean spirited. I can't do that. They have that one part where it looks like they "win" ---then a rewind is pushed and it was a trap for the viewer. The kicker though is how the two walk up on the next house. Ugh.

Thank you, though for the candor. I'll stay away from it.