PDA

View Full Version : How accurate are home drug tests for Pot?

Findog
08-30-2016, 02:43 PM
I recently accepted a new job that pays significantly more than I make now and today I had to go pee as part of a pre-employment screen. The cutoff for weed on this test is 50 ng/ml. I last smoked weed on July 26th, exactly 5 weeks ago today. From July 19-26th I smoked about .3 grams a day. Before July 19th, I hadn't smoked for a couple weeks. I drank lots of water and exercised a lot in the last 35 days. Once I got the job offer, I took a home drug test for THC and passed. I made sure to urinate a lot this morning, I did not give them my first 3-4 urination sessions of the day, and I peed a little bit into the toilet at first and gave them only my midstream pee and peed the last little bit in the toilet.

If I passed the home drug test and I've been clean for 35 days, is it safe to say I'm in the clear? I know for a fact that the lab tested at the same 50 ng/ml level as the home strip test. I'm 6'1, 230 lbs with about 20 percent body fat. I won't get the results for a day or two.

SpursforSix
08-30-2016, 02:50 PM
I guess you'll find out in a day or two.

SpursforSix
08-30-2016, 02:50 PM
You should be allright though.

08-30-2016, 02:52 PM
Smoke a joint and relax bro

Findog
08-30-2016, 03:00 PM
Smoke a joint and relax bro

lol not until I get confirmation I passed.

SpursforSix
08-30-2016, 03:02 PM
lol not until I get confirmation I passed.

Imagine them calling you back and saying they fucked up the sample and need you to come back in.

DeadlyDynasty
08-30-2016, 03:03 PM
I recently accepted a new job that pays significantly more than I make now and today I had to go pee as part of a pre-employment screen. The cutoff for weed on this test is 50 ng/ml. I last smoked weed on July 26th, exactly 5 weeks ago today. From July 19-26th I smoked about .3 grams a day. Before July 19th, I hadn't smoked for a couple weeks. I drank lots of water and exercised a lot in the last 35 days. Once I got the job offer, I took a home drug test for THC and passed. I made sure to urinate a lot this morning, I did not give them my first 3-4 urination sessions of the day, and I peed a little bit into the toilet at first and gave them only my midstream pee and peed the last little bit in the toilet.

If I passed the home drug test and I've been clean for 35 days, is it safe to say I'm in the clear? I know for a fact that the lab tested at the same 50 ng/ml level as the home strip test. I'm 6'1, 230 lbs with about 20 percent body fat. I won't get the results for a day or two.

You're good.

oh crap
08-30-2016, 03:04 PM
all signs point to clear

DJR210
08-30-2016, 03:30 PM
I agree, you're good. Also, if you ever get a random, I can definitely recommend this:

http://onehourdetoxreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/protox-extreme.jpg

Works in 2 hours. Passed two probation piss tests with only a week of being clean prior

Chris
08-30-2016, 03:42 PM
How much do you weigh? THC attaches itself to the fat cells in the body. I've heard of people failing well after 60 days because they were overweight.

Edit: lol didn't see the last sentence; you should be fine especially if DD is signing off on it. I believe he's a doctor :lol

chunticakes
08-30-2016, 11:54 PM
You're good. I also second the detox drink. I've tried the QCarbo32 with success.

Aztecfan03
08-31-2016, 02:52 AM
you're fucked
sorry charlie
what he said

benefactor
08-31-2016, 05:58 AM
As others have said, you should be fine man.

Chucho
08-31-2016, 12:30 PM
There's no exact science to it. Don't take anyone's word for it either. The only way to be safe is not to smoke. I was on probation, didn't smoke for over six weeks, took all the shit and lasiks too. Caught right at the threshold of a violation. I was 6ft, 210 lbs and in great shape. Failed. Everyone is different, don't be surprised if you fail or pass, you are establishing your own metrics.

Whatever you do, don't snort coke a week before a test. I took just a numbie across teh gums because, well because cocaine is a helluva drug, and fuckin pissed dirty the next week.

Don't trust anyone's advice, it's an ugly truth but still the truth is trial by fire. If you don't want to stress about it, don't do drugs like a pussy.

DeadlyDynasty
08-31-2016, 01:48 PM
you should be fine especially if DD is signing off on it. I believe he's a doctor :lol
lol nah, just a medic--but I've spent the better part of the last 3 years doing randoms on contractors from all walks of life, all shapes and sizes, diets, etc. The be@ner above me is half-right in that everybody is different, but if OP's story is the whole truth then it would definitely be a statistical anomaly if he failed. As for Chucho, there is something wrong with your body if you can't properly eliminate toxins. I agree that coke is dangerous to do anytime within a week of the test. That 48/72 rule no longer applies to coke--it's purer and better now. Still, a topical numbie gave you a dirty piss one week later? You've personally had two statistical anomalies, which means the problem lies somewhere with you.

Findog
08-31-2016, 02:28 PM
lol nah, just a medic--but I've spent the better part of the last 3 years doing randoms on contractors from all walks of life, all shapes and sizes, diets, etc. The be@ner above me is half-right in that everybody is different, but if OP's story is the whole truth then it would definitely be a statistical anomaly if he failed. As for Chucho, there is something wrong with your body if you can't properly eliminate toxins. I agree that coke is dangerous to do anytime within a week of the test. That 48/72 rule no longer applies to coke--it's purer and better now. Still, a topical numbie gave you a dirty piss one week later? You've personally had two statistical anomalies, which means the problem lies somewhere with you.

I passed two home strip tests - one 5 days after I last smoked weed, and the other two days before my lab test. Both times the conditions were the same, it was in the middle of the day, so not my first 3-4 voids. I probably drank about 40 ounces of water and a cup of coffee the morning of my lab test and peed several times before my appointment at 1 in the afternoon.

My understanding is that the home strip tests are pretty accurate, and the test my employer paid for was the 6450n SAP5-50/2000. My understanding is they basically do the same instant strip tests. If the results are positive or inconclusive, they send it on to the lab for a more specific test that measures for THC at 15 ng/ml. So if you can pass the initial screen at the on-site facility, you're in the clear. Correct? Nurse said it would take 24-48 hours to get a result. Still haven't heard anything.

Spur|n|Austin
08-31-2016, 02:28 PM
I agree, you're good. Also, if you ever get a random, I can definitely recommend this:

http://onehourdetoxreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/protox-extreme.jpg

Works in 2 hours. Passed two probation piss tests with only a week of being clean prior

:lol those are such a scam. Also can show extremely high levels of creatine in your piss which is a red flag that you're trying to mask.

All one has to do is literally drink tons of water and piss clear. Don't use the first piss of the day as that's the dirtiest. Take a good amount of vitamin C so you don't piss clear.

DJR210
08-31-2016, 02:41 PM
:lol those are such a scam. Also can show extremely high levels of creatine in your piss which is a red flag that you're trying to mask.

All one has to do is literally drink tons of water and piss clear. Don't use the first piss of the day as that's the dirtiest. Take a good amount of vitamin C so you don't piss clear.

It kept me out of prison tbh.. Smoked big 3 weeks straight quit for one and then report.. Pass both times

oh crap
08-31-2016, 03:18 PM
the 50 buck a bottle shit never worked for me and actually caused me a very lucrative job when I was like 18 or 19. surprisingly enough, the certo routine worked wonders for me when I was on probation

Chucho
08-31-2016, 03:23 PM

LOL, no. Everyone is different. These were borderline fails from Bexar country probation, so basically the strongest lab tests with different cut offs. I'm not a physical anomaly and you're not a chemist. But, you were half-right- everyone is different as is every test and the cut offs. So there you go.

Chucho
08-31-2016, 03:27 PM
It kept me out of prison tbh.. Smoked big 3 weeks straight quit for one and then report.. Pass both times

Were you smoking San Antonio schwag? 95% of San Antonians do. There's so little THC in that garbage that is more than likely why you passed. Probably the only pro to smoking garbage.

Next to the beaches and weather, the only other good thing about California is the pot. Much better and much, much cheaper. Other than that, this place is one disgusting shit hole with trashy people who think they are better than the rest of the country because they live in this cesspool.

Buddy Mignon
08-31-2016, 03:54 PM
As others have said, you should be fine man.

I hear mexicans drink their own piss to pass these tests.

DJR210
08-31-2016, 04:02 PM
Were you smoking San Antonio schwag? 95% of San Antonians do. There's so little THC in that garbage that is more than likely why you passed. Probably the only pro to smoking garbage.

Next to the beaches and weather, the only other good thing about California is the pot. Much better and much, much cheaper. Other than that, this place is one disgusting shit hole with trashy people who think they are better than the rest of the country because they live in this cesspool.

:lol is Reggie even a thing anymore? I ain't seent him since like 01' tbh..

Here's a few pics from the archives:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn188/DJR210/20150323_005852_zpsxwqcjwq4.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn188/DJR210/20150331_152236_zpsetabmt3a.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn188/DJR210/20131214_211402_zpssnrmyrpw.jpg

benefactor
08-31-2016, 04:35 PM
I hear mexicans drink their own piss to pass these tests.
Really? That's cool. How do bitter Asian males pass theirs?

DJR210
08-31-2016, 05:08 PM

:lol dead

08-31-2016, 05:30 PM
:lmao

Chucho
08-31-2016, 06:13 PM
:lol is Reggie even a thing anymore? I ain't seent him since like 01' tbh..

Here's a few pics from the archives:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn188/DJR210/20150323_005852_zpsxwqcjwq4.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn188/DJR210/20150331_152236_zpsetabmt3a.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn188/DJR210/20131214_211402_zpssnrmyrpw.jpg
Fasho. What are Texas prices on those "exotics"? A pack of choice Purp here is about one point five racks. I know a zip was like 3-5 bills back in my day in San An. Here, you can have superior exotics from Mendo for $180 a zip. Always interesting to see what the market is like elsewhere.

Spur|n|Austin
08-31-2016, 06:15 PM

Not saying they don't work - saying they are a rip off when water/vitamins can do the exact same for practically $0.00

DJR210
08-31-2016, 08:18 PM
Fasho. What are Texas prices on those "exotics"? A pack of choice Purp here is about one point five racks. I know a zip was like 3-5 bills back in my day in San An. Here, you can have superior exotics from Mendo for $180 a zip. Always interesting to see what the market is like elsewhere.

Not sure what ounces are going for, but I pay about 10 a G for exotic strains. Im currently on green crack, pretty good strain IMO

Frank Dux
08-31-2016, 10:37 PM

I always share this story about a buddy of mine. He was a fairly heavy smoker and decided that he need to drink two of these for his drug test. He didn't make it to the test because his kidneys shut down and he ended up in the hospital for a few days.

gambit1990
08-31-2016, 10:51 PM
i've smoked three days before a test two or three times, have never failed. s/o to palo azul. just costs a few dollars.

pgardn
08-31-2016, 11:08 PM
Too many people appear to know way too much.

Chucho
08-31-2016, 11:16 PM
Not sure what ounces are going for, but I pay about 10 a G for exotic strains. Im currently on green crack, pretty good strain IMO
Green crack is lovely. Very good sativa.

Im big on this new strain of blackberry that is around. Tastes like how Snuggle smells. Just delicious.

Xevious
08-31-2016, 11:50 PM

DJR210
08-31-2016, 11:53 PM
Green crack is lovely. Very good sativa.

Im big on this new strain of blackberry that is around. Tastes like how Snuggle smells. Just delicious.

Yeah, it's crazy how these shipments spread across the city, my connect just had that blackberry one like 2 weeks ago. It was a little dry for my taste though, not sure who's fault that was

Spur|n|Austin
08-31-2016, 11:55 PM

Welcome to ST

gambit1990
09-02-2016, 01:44 PM
knowing isn't a problem. knowledge is power dumbass.

Findog
09-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Still haven't heard anything. I'm hoping no news is good news. The lab tech that collected my specimen said it would take 1-2 days to get results and it's been 3 days.

They are also doing a criminal background check and I've never been in any trouble beyond speeding tickets. I am supposed to get my start date instructions soon. I am hoping that the way they do it is that once the pre-employment screen is completely done the recruiter will just call me with start instructions. I figure if there was a problem with failing the test they'd contact me. They did contact me when one of my former employers didn't respond to confirm my dates of employment and asked me to provide W2's to account for my time there. I would think if there was a problem with the drug test they would contact me?

clambake
09-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Still haven't heard anything. I'm hoping no news is good news. The lab tech that collected my specimen said it would take 1-2 days to get results and it's been 3 days.

They are also doing a criminal background check and I've never been in any trouble beyond speeding tickets. I am supposed to get my start date instructions soon. I am hoping that the way they do it is that once the pre-employment screen is completely done the recruiter will just call me with start instructions. I figure if there was a problem with failing the test they'd contact me. They did contact me when one of my former employers didn't respond to confirm my dates of employment and asked me to provide W2's to account for my time there. I would think if there was a problem with the drug test they would contact me?

you're getting a bit nervous.

take a couple of hits.

09-02-2016, 06:44 PM
you're getting a bit nervous.

take a couple of hits.
^this

Also, you're probably fucked tbh

DJR210
09-02-2016, 10:46 PM
OP, fuck living with worry. End this shit tonight and be free as a bird

Avante
09-03-2016, 04:24 AM

Unless you have a great job and it is secure ya don't smoke pot if you are planning on changing jobs. You deserve to get popped for being stupid.

Once ya land that great job and know you are now set and done with the job search....THEN...ya light one up.

The one that gets me is these idiots with tattoos on their neck or face. Talk about sending out the message of.....I'm STUPID~~~~~~~....there it is.

pgardn
09-03-2016, 06:43 AM
knowing isn't a problem. knowledge is power dumbass.

You show me the wrong way to burn your face off and I'll read about it thanks.

chunticakes
09-03-2016, 08:43 AM

:lmao OWNED

z0sa
09-03-2016, 08:54 AM
Bro, you are WAY good. .3g of even the stickiest icky leaves your body so fucking fast if you're even remotely active. Back in 2006, I was 5'10, 175 pounds, 17 years old, final exam week at school and I'm exempt from the morning exam. I decide to burn 3 king size joints of reggie one after the other at the park cause why the fuck not? I end up getting arrested for a "PI" over four fucking hours later cause some narc noticed I still stunk like dope and ratted on me 5 minutes before the last bell.

I'm fucked, right? Lol hell no. To the (now former) VP's horror, I not only passed an "enhanced" 6 or 7 panel home drug test less than 36 hours after taking my last toke, I followed that shit up with passing a 10 panel test performed under supervision at a clinic no more than 45ish hours after last use.

This is no bullshit, no exaggeration of amount consumed or of timing. I readily admit, I thought I was fucked, cause I believed all that 30 days shit. I panicked, started chugging absurd amounts of water and pickle juice mixed with whole bottles of apple cider vinegar while shooting hoops for eh, about 6 cumulative hours on a shadeless outdoor court. In between shits and a couple changes of underwear, I just ran as much as I could. ...That's it. It raped my insides, detoxed the ol' bloodstream, probably caused some internal hemorrhaging, yet still didn't turn out a diluted sample in either case.

pgardn
09-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Bro, you are WAY good. .3g of even the stickiest icky leaves your body so fucking fast if you're even remotely active. Back in 2006, I was 5'10, 175 pounds, 17 years old, final exam week at school and I'm exempt from the morning exam. I decide to burn 3 king size joints of reggie one after the other at the park cause why the fuck not? I end up getting arrested for a "PI" over four fucking hours later cause some narc noticed I still stunk like dope and ratted on me 5 minutes before the last bell.

I'm fucked, right? Lol hell no. To the (now former) VP's horror, I not only passed an "enhanced" 6 or 7 panel home drug test less than 36 hours after taking my last toke, I followed that shit up with passing a 10 panel test performed under supervision at a clinic no more than 45ish hours after last use.

This is no bullshit, no exaggeration of amount consumed or of timing. I readily admit, I thought I was fucked, cause I believed all that 30 days shit. I panicked, started chugging absurd amounts of water and pickle juice mixed with whole bottles of apple cider vinegar while shooting hoops for eh, about 6 cumulative hours on a shadeless outdoor court. In between shits and a couple changes of underwear, I just ran as much as I could. ...That's it. It raped my insides, detoxed the ol' bloodstream, probably caused some internal hemorrhaging, yet still didn't turn out a diluted sample in either case.

This reminds me of an old Cheech and Chong movie my dad told me to watch. :lol
You need to write one for this century.

Leetonidas
09-04-2016, 02:41 PM
just buy some quick fix and you never have to worry tbh

Ginobilly
09-06-2016, 12:49 PM
lmao at doing all this shit to pass a drug test. unless your on probation or parole or in the military(they actually have to see piss coming out of your dick), all you have to do is take somebody's clean piss. i learned this shit from vatos in the south side. take your little kids piss in a condom taped to your balls and empty that shit onto the cup. so simple! lmao at running 20 miles and drinking pickle juice.

the beauty of being self employed. the funny thing about pot being illegal is that the elite made it illegal for all the little people but not for them. when i went to aspen i was blazing with a rich jewish family from israel that owned a store. the truth is the elite dont want working class or middle class people to have any fun. they have to run civilazation while rich people could just relax and ponder the human condition.

oh crap
09-06-2016, 01:25 PM
so? spill the results already!

Findog
09-06-2016, 04:56 PM
so? spill the results already!

Well, I spoke to the recruiter this morning about my start date and he said he would send the instructions later in the week and he didn't mention anything about the drug screen. It's been 2-3 business days since they got the results and a whole week since I took it, and nothing has been said to me...so I am cautiously taking that to mean that no news is good news. They contacted me when one of my ex-employers didn't confirm my dates of employment, so I'm thinking they would only bring up the drug test if there was a problem.

SpursforSix
09-06-2016, 04:58 PM
Well, I spoke to the recruiter this morning about my start date and he said he would send the instructions later in the week and he didn't mention anything about the drug screen. It's been 2-3 business days since they got the results and a whole week since I took it, and nothing has been said to me...so I am cautiously taking that to mean that no news is good news. They contacted me when one of my ex-employers didn't confirm my dates of employment, so I'm thinking they would only bring up the drug test if there was a problem.

You should just ask them. But be casual about it.

Chris
09-06-2016, 05:07 PM
You should just ask them. But be casual about it.

I disagree. Someone who was clean wouldn't worry about the results. Any kind of inquiry could raise up a red flag for the employer.

Findog
09-06-2016, 05:10 PM
I disagree. Someone who was clean wouldn't worry about the results. Any kind of inquiry could raise up a red flag for the employer.

That's what I'm thinking. I have no criminal record, so why would I contact them to ask if my background check returned any felony convictions? I'm not worried about what a criminal background check will find. Same logic applies to the drug screen.

SpursforSix
09-06-2016, 05:15 PM
That's what I'm thinking. I have no criminal record, so why would I contact them to ask if my background check didn't return any felony convictions? I'm not worried about what a criminal background check will find. Same logic applies to the drug screen.

Nah...if you're cool about it, it will be fine.

You: hey what's up
Mgmt : not much, how are you?
You: fine. Hey...that drug test didn't come back positive for pot did it? Because I heard they weren't always accurate.
Mgmt: No.
You: oh...cool. Ok, later.

DeadlyDynasty
09-06-2016, 10:47 PM
That's what I'm thinking. I have no criminal record, so why would I contact them to ask if my background check returned any felony convictions? I'm not worried about what a criminal background check will find. Same logic applies to the drug screen.
If you fail a drug test the laboratory/clinic/doctor will call you before the employer.

You passed, breathe easy.

Findog
09-07-2016, 02:00 PM
I officially received my start instructions this afternoon:

Findog,

Congratulations, you’re all set to start at _____ on Monday, September 12th, 8:50am CST. Please meet __________ in the lobby of _______________ at 8:50am for your first day. _________ will be walking you in. She can be reached at _______.

_________ – You can reach Findog at ________.

Please let me know if you have any questions between now and your upcoming start date. I’ll be your primary point of contact from now throughout your assignment at _______. You’ve been a pleasure to work with throughout this process and I’m looking forward to continued success throughout your new assignment! Please let me know that you’ve received this email.

Have a great upcoming weekend! Please confirm that you’ve received this email.

Brazil
09-08-2016, 11:50 AM
I officially received my start instructions this afternoon:

Findog,

Congratulations, you’re all set to start at _____ on Monday, September 12th, 8:50am CST. Please meet __________ in the lobby of _______________ at 8:50am for your first day. _________ will be walking you in. She can be reached at _______.

_________ – You can reach Findog at ________.

Please let me know if you have any questions between now and your upcoming start date. I’ll be your primary point of contact from now throughout your assignment at _______. You’ve been a pleasure to work with throughout this process and I’m looking forward to continued success throughout your new assignment! Please let me know that you’ve received this email.

Have a great upcoming weekend! Please confirm that you’ve received this email.

Grats mate !

happy for ya bra