PDA

View Full Version : Spurs young players already bonding while doing community work

SAGirl
08-30-2016, 10:31 PM

wildbill2u
08-31-2016, 12:19 AM
We know this had to be set up by the Spurs promotions dept. but even so, it's a good way for these young guys to begin to learn the Spurs way as part of the community and to give something back.

cutewizard
08-31-2016, 01:57 AM
the future of the young guns begin.........

SAGirl
08-31-2016, 01:59 AM
We know this had to be set up by the Spurs promotions dept. but even so, it's a good way for these young guys to begin to learn the Spurs way as part of the community and to give something back.
I just found it interesting it's the youngin crew! :tu

objective
08-31-2016, 05:02 AM
Iirc the players are mandated to perform the PR public service NBA CARES fluff for 10 events a season, and they'll be fined for not doing them all. It can really throw a wrench into their # of free days during homestands. Getting through some of them now is a smart thing.

ceperez
08-31-2016, 05:49 AM
Good bonding time for the D-league toros team.

SAGirl
08-31-2016, 02:10 PM
Iirc the players are mandated to perform the PR public service NBA CARES fluff for 10 events a season, and they'll be fined for not doing them all. It can really throw a wrench into their # of free days during homestands. Getting through some of them now is a smart thing.
:tu

SupremeGuy
08-31-2016, 05:24 PM
Iirc the players are mandated to perform the PR public service NBA CARES fluff for 10 events a season, and they'll be fined for not doing them all. It can really throw a wrench into their # of free days during homestands. Getting through some of them now is a smart thing.Bingo.

ace3g
08-31-2016, 06:54 PM
Spurs’ newcomers getting acquaintedhttp://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-newcomers-getting-acquainted-9196108.php?t=ca551c481b927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium

SAGirl
08-31-2016, 07:38 PM

Spurtacular
08-31-2016, 09:12 PM
the future of the young guns begin.........

Future role players.

SAGirl
08-31-2016, 09:19 PM
Livio being a real nice dude. How can one not like these young dudes:

Snaq O'Meal
08-31-2016, 09:52 PM
Jonathon Simmons passed to Livio Jean-Charles, who passed to Davis Bertans, who passed to Dejounte Murray.

First a can of pork and beans. Then a fruit cup. Then condensed milk.

Glad to know that no turnovers were committed.

SAGirl
08-31-2016, 11:46 PM
Love sense of humor!
I am so psyched for the new season... :flag:

cutewizard
09-01-2016, 02:31 AM

---------------------------------------------------------------

:bobo

cutewizard
09-01-2016, 02:32 AM
Livio being a real nice dude. How can one not like these young dudes:

-------------------------------------------------------

Can he rebound like Ibaka? lol

Emperor
09-01-2016, 02:54 AM

I doubt it.

Maddog
09-01-2016, 05:55 AM

Can Ibaka rebound like Ibaka ....

Chinook
09-01-2016, 06:32 AM

Surprised LJC didn't drop everything.

Chinook
09-01-2016, 06:58 AM
Spurs’ newcomers getting acquainted

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-newcomers-getting-acquainted-9196108.php?t=ca551c481b927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium

Some interesting things I took from that article:

Green is already at the gym. I expected it with Kawhi, obviously, since that dude is a workout freak. And Manu being there makes some sense given that he's the most reasonable choice to try to anchor the team now that Tim is gone. But Green being there is a good sign, especially if he and Chip are going over his shot. Sure, it would be nice for him to learn how to dribble or drive better. But fixing that shot is the biggest priority. Shame Pau isn't there, as Kawhi and Danny developing chemistry with him would be cool. But the guys that are there still make for an interest pool for pickup games.

LJC is likely going to be the second-youngest player on the roster. That's actually sort of amazing given how long ago he was drafted. It's a relief to see him in SA already, because if he wants to improve the way he needs to get his third-year option picked up, he's going to have to live in the gym for the next year. Along those same lines, Bertans will be fourth- or fifth-youngest player on the roster despite being drafted more than five years ago. Damn, the Spurs might not be old anymore, but they are at least middle-aged.

Anyone else notice that Simmons is wearing a black Spurs shirt while the others are wearing silver shirts? Probably not significant, but I thought it was funny. It's like a QB wearing a red jersey during practice.

Snaq O'Meal
09-01-2016, 07:48 AM
Surprised LJC didn't drop everything.

Too bad the senior players did not participate.

Manu would've sent a can smack into the head of a bum doing nothing in the background, while Parker would handle the packing all by himself.

If Bobo was still around, we'd see lots of empty cans lying around the floor.

SAGirl
09-01-2016, 03:24 PM

Green is already at the gym. I expected it with Kawhi, obviously, since that dude is a workout freak. And Manu being there makes some sense given that he's the most reasonable choice to try to anchor the team now that Tim is gone. But Green being there is a good sign, especially if he and Chip are going over his shot. Sure, it would be nice for him to learn how to dribble or drive better. But fixing that shot is the biggest priority. Shame Pau isn't there, as Kawhi and Danny developing chemistry with him would be cool. But the guys that are there still make for an interest pool for pickup games.

LJC is likely going to be the second-youngest player on the roster. That's actually sort of amazing given how long ago he was drafted. It's a relief to see him in SA already, because if he wants to improve the way he needs to get his third-year option picked up, he's going to have to live in the gym for the next year. Along those same lines, Bertans will be fourth- or fifth-youngest player on the roster despite being drafted more than five years ago. Damn, the Spurs might not be old anymore, but they are at least middle-aged.

Anyone else notice that Simmons is wearing a black Spurs shirt while the others are wearing silver shirts? Probably not significant, but I thought it was funny. It's like a QB wearing a red jersey during practice.
Lol I saw J.Simms shirt and I thought, ok dude just missed the email or text that said which shirt color uniform they were supposed to be wearing. :lol

It was noteworthy the old veteran in the gym was Manu. Everyone else who was in the Olympics (even Garino) was still on holiday but Manu was already there to get used to the new teammates I bet. That's special for me. As much as I get on Manu at times he's really dedicated to the team. There was some melancholy in the interviews about the fact that Tim was always in the gym the first day it opened and was in charge of running many of their pickup games. Without Manu there it was going to be just Kawhi and Danny.... :wow. Glad to find out Danny is looking to get his own game shape going early and getting used to new teammates himself. I'd expect a lot of mix and match by Pop early in the season and its best to start with a good step forwArd. :tu.

spurs10
09-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Lol I saw J.Simms shirt and I thought, ok dude just missed the email or text that said which shirt color uniform they were supposed to be wearing. :lol

It was noteworthy the old veteran in the gym was Manu. Everyone else who was in the Olympics (even Garino) was still on holiday but Manu was already there to get used to the new teammates I bet. That's special for me. As much as I get on Manu at times he's really dedicated to the team. There was some melancholy in the interviews about the fact that Tim was always in the gym the first day it opened and was in charge of running many of their pickup games. Without Manu there it was going to be just Kawhi and Danny.... :wow. Glad to find out Danny is looking to get his own game shape going early and getting used to new teammates himself. I'd expect a lot of mix and match by Pop early in the season and its best to start with a good step forwArd. :tu. Yes as Chinook pointed out, great seeing Danny there from the start. I think he knows how much he is needed and is shooting for seeing his shot improve- pun intended.

mookie2001
09-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Ibaka and his 6 rebounds a game is a pretty high bar.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-01-2016, 06:37 PM

Greens shot sure seemed fixed in the playoffs.

dabom
09-01-2016, 08:02 PM
Didn't read anything about Porker at those practices. Probably cause he's no fucking leader. :lol

gambit1990
09-01-2016, 09:18 PM
chinook showing off his unparalleled insight. you might be on to something though... maybe he's the only one with a black shirt so the other spurs won't tackle him :lol

cjw
09-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Ibaka and his 6 rebounds a game is a pretty high bar.

His 6 boards per game is misleading. The Thunder were the best rebounding team in the league last year - a lot of it coming on the offensive glass. Remember that when Ibaka was on the floor, he was usually the second best shooter out there to Durant = positioned away from the rim. Durant and Westbrook also took more shots at the rim, so he wasn't in offensive rebounding position as often just based on floor geometry.

He rebounded over half his offensive board opportunities (http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/offensive-rebounding/?sort=OREB_CHANCE_PCT&dir=1&CF=OREB_CHANCES*GE*0.5&Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612760) but was getting half as many as Kanter/Adams and less than even Westbrook.

Defensively, he was the best shot blocker on the team - especially when playing next to human traffic cone Kanter - and as a result, isn't expected to do as much of the rebounding. Despite that, he actually grabbed a higher percentage of defensive boards available to him than Adams (http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/defensive-rebounding/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612760&sort=DREB_CHANCE_PCT&dir=1)

Add in the fact that the Thunder had an elite rebounder at the 1 (Westbrook) and a very good one in Durant for a wing, means less balls falling to Ibaka.

spurs10
09-02-2016, 12:09 AM
Greens shot sure seemed fixed in the playoffs. He did look a lot better. I got the feeling because we were winning so much that he might not have cared as much about his shot as his D. We're always hearing someone saying 'just concentrate on your defense and the offense will come.' We are really going to need him to pay at a high level on both sides of the ball. We have a formidable front court and need him to be a real threat from the perimeter. Glad to see him there from the start- especially with all the new faces.

dabom
09-02-2016, 12:12 AM
He did look a lot better. I got the feeling because we were winning so much that he might not have cared as much about his shot as his D. We're always hearing someone saying 'just concentrate on your defense and the offense will come.' We are really going to need him to pay at a high level on both sides of the ball. We have a formidable front court and need him to be a real threat from the perimeter. Glad to see him there from the start- especially with all the new faces.

The coaches trying to expand his game fuck up his practice with the 3 ball.

spurs10
09-02-2016, 12:22 AM
The coaches trying to expand his game fuck up his practice with the 3 ball. It would be interesting to watch a few practices.