PDA

View Full Version : Top NCAA QBs

scott
10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Who are everyone's top NCAA QB's right now, both in terms of leading their respective college teams and NFL potential? Obviously Lienart is going to be on everyone's list - but who are the other guys to watch on the next 2 draft days.

Here is my list, in no particular order:

Matt Lienart, USC - No brainer

Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green - The next pro stud out of the MAC?

Vince Young, Texas - I never thought he'd be anything more than a WR convert in the pros, but he's shown some improvement this year. Still needs a lot of work in the throwing dept., but has shown the ability to improve

Brady Quinn, Notre Dame - Maybe I'm just drinking the Kool-Aid of the childhood favorite, but Brady Quinn appears to be the man. Plus, what NFL GM wouldn't want a guy who has had a year or two under Charlie Wiess?

Marcus Vick, Virginia Tech - More of a pocket passer than his brother. Doesn't appear to be a guy who can start from day 1 in the NFL, but should be a good prospect.

Chris Leak, Florida - Despite a bad loss to 'Bama, this kid has the tools. Sit him for a year behind a vet, and watch him become a star.

Mr Dio
10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
I think if his workouts go good McNeal will be a 1st day pick.

mookie2001
10-05-2005, 06:48 PM
brady quinn sucks
you know this is his 3rd year as a starter

scott
10-05-2005, 07:50 PM
brady quinn sucks
you know this is his 3rd year as a starter

Sucky Brady Quinn has been a man amongst boys this year...

FromWayDowntown
10-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Bruce Gradkowski at Toledo and Paul Pinnegar at Fresno State are both pretty solid prospects this coming season. Both have NFL size for a QB, each has a pretty good arm, and both read defenses pretty well.

Don't sleep on guys because they're in smaller conferences. Roethisberger played in the MAC, which is Gradkowski's conference and Fresno has produced both Dilfer and Carr, who will each play for a while in the NFL.

theMUHMEshow
10-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Omar Jacobs

Marcus Vick

Matt Leinhart

Kelly Clemens

Sam Keller

Horry For 3!
10-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Vince Young

Drew Stenton

cecil collins
10-06-2005, 04:06 AM
I think if his workouts go good McNeal will be a 1st day pick.

As what. Generally workouts don't shoot QB's to the top, but he could convert to another position, as that is a trend. I guess he could be a 3rd round QB, but McPherson wasn't drafted until the 4th round(granted he had off the field issues)and he had all the tools.

theMUHMEshow
10-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Vince Young

Drew Stenton

OVERATED!

Put up AMAZING numbers against the cupcakes! And I mean AMAZING. But went up a so so michigan defense and looked average.

Now that he doesnt have any more pushovers left on the schedule (maybe indy) his numbers will come back down to earth.

TheTruth
10-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Considering what Drew Stanton did against a Notre Dame Defense that shut down (almost shut out) your Wolverines, I'd say he has come up big against at least one good defense.

2centsworth
10-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Leinart, Quinn, Vince, Vick, Jacobs, Leak, Brohm, Kyle Wright, Keller, Stanton, Mcneal.

samikeyp
10-06-2005, 12:04 PM
But went up a so so michigan defense and looked average.

20-30 for 282 is pretty good.

msufan420
10-06-2005, 12:31 PM
OVERATED!

Put up AMAZING numbers against the cupcakes! And I mean AMAZING. But went up a so so michigan defense and looked average.

Now that he doesnt have any more pushovers left on the schedule (maybe indy) his numbers will come back down to earth.

You do realize that even last year he lead the Big 10 in completion percentage, as well as one of the top offenses in the Big 10. Take off your homer glasses and you will see that Stanton is the real deal.

theMUHMEshow
10-06-2005, 12:36 PM
You do realize that even last year he lead the Big 10 in completion percentage, as well as one of the top offenses in the Big 10. Take off your homer glasses and you will see that Stanton is the real deal.

I have been watching Stanton since he was playing at Harrison. BRO! He is a solid QB. Not elite

theMUHMEshow
10-06-2005, 12:37 PM
20-30 for 282 is pretty good.

1TD 1INT

and a loss?

Pretty good? Did he make plays at the end of the game to win? Did he get his team in the end zone in OT?

I cannot wait till they play OSU and Hawk rips this guys head off

samikeyp
10-06-2005, 12:39 PM
yes, pretty good. he did his job, his team let him down.

msufan420
10-06-2005, 02:58 PM
I have been watching Stanton since he was playing at Harrison. BRO! He is a solid QB. Not elite

Good for you...your parents must be proud. His numbers so far are in the top 5 of all college QB's so far this year....Numbers don't lie jackass.

2centsworth
10-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Good for you...your parents must be proud. His numbers so far are in the top 5 of all college QB's so far this year....Numbers don't lie jackass.
I like Stanton and MSU, but it's still to early to tell if he's an elite QB. He has put up really big numbers but it's only 5 games. However, I have a feeling he's going to be real good for a long time. His arm stregth is a question mark.

msufan420
10-07-2005, 09:38 AM
He hasn't only played 5 games. He was a beast last year as well. The kid's only a junior. Expect the same thing next year too, and a possible first day draft pick.

remingtonbo2001
10-08-2005, 05:31 PM
In terms of the complete colligiate package, I would have to say Leinart, followed closely by Young. Now, that being said, I would be concerned with Young's transition to the NFL game. Personally I don't think his attributes suit the NFL's physical nature, nor playing style. Vince uses his abilities to elude opposing defenders. I'm not sure if how much of that will translate into NFL success, considering his inconsistant ability to throw the football. While Leinart is less mobile, his arm strenght and passing ability far exceed that of Young's. While McNeal has had an inconsistant tenure at A&M, much in part to the change in management (coaching), I believe his abilities will allow him the opportunity to be very successful in the NFL. I believe McNeal will be an incredible steal if a team is able to pluck him up in the late 2nd or early 3rd rounds. McNeal has incredible arm strength, and is very consistant in his accuracy. If only A&M still had Terrance Murphy, or the likes of Bethel Johnsen. I do wish McNeal would try to reduce the speed at which he throws. I think this might be the culprit to some dropped passes. However, an experienced NFL recieve is adjusted to catch passes with such speed and precision. McNeal has incredible speed. I believe a 4.28/40yd. While McNeal is able to take an onslaught of punishment, I am concerned with his ability to stay injured free, as with Vince Young. There always out and running, which is fine and dandy for College Football, but the NFL? McNeal reminds me of Steve McNair. McNair reminds of the 40 yr, with an enormous beer gut, playing outside with the neighborhood kids. Anyways, this is just an opinion, so relax.

mookie2001
10-08-2005, 09:25 PM
McNeal
Bomar

LFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFO LFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFO
ROFLROFRLFORLFORLFORLFORL.....:lmao.........FORLFO RLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORL
ROFLROFRLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLF ORLFORLFORLFORLFO
ROFLROFRLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLFORLF ORLFORLFORLFORLFO

a&m's Offense can seem so good
yet so horrible and weak
against such teams as baylor and colorado
the Aggies will get their tonsils impailed by Texas