PDA

View Full Version : 76ers: Woj: Philly to trade Okafor or Noel

RsxPiimp
09-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Well that didn't last long. After one year of experimenting with a twin towers lineup featuring Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel, the Philadelphia 76ers have come to the conclusion that the two young big men simply don't mesh on the court together. According to The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Sixers are looking to trade either Okafor or Noel. The Sixers have had periodic trade talks this summer involving Noel and Okafor and plan eventually to move one of them, league sources said. Philadelphia doesn't believe the two players' talents are complementary. This is not that surprising of news as both players have been involved in trade rumors since last season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/sixers-reportedly-plan-to-trade-either-nerlens-noel-or-jahlil-okafor/

Killakobe81
09-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Not baby Timmy!!!say it isnt so!!!
Maybe D
Spurs should trade Lasoftus for him tbh
Cuz we know they wont trade mvpau ...spurstalk and Pop been horny for Gasol for years

apalisoc_9
09-08-2016, 09:48 PM
Would get rid of porker or Aldridge for noel

offset formation
09-10-2016, 02:23 AM
Would get rid of porker or Aldridge for noel

Aldridge for Noel? That must be good crack you smokin'

StrengthAndHonor
09-10-2016, 06:48 AM
Im ok with Blake Griffin for Noel, Okafor and a couple of future 1st round picks, tbh.

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Im ok with Blake Griffin for Noel, Okafor and a couple of future 1st round picks, tbh.

That is wayyyyy to much for Griffin :lol

DPG21920
09-10-2016, 09:10 AM
People are way overrating Noel. :lol LMA for Noel. Spurs would probably miss the playoffs with that trade.

Killakobe81
09-10-2016, 10:03 AM
People are way overrating Noel. :lol LMA for Noel. Spurs would probably miss the playoffs with that trade.

You also exaggerate they would not miss playoffs ..stop that. Kiwi is in his prime with Pop, parker, manu, ldn and pau that would still be a top 5 or 6 team in the West

TDMVPDPOY
09-10-2016, 10:08 AM
why aint they gettin rid of embidd? they high on him?

DPG21920
09-10-2016, 10:18 AM
You also exaggerate they would not miss playoffs ..stop that. Kiwi is in his prime with Pop, parker, manu, ldn and pau that would still be a top 5 or 6 team in the West

I disagree in a big way. You are listing TP/Manu as some huge positives and they are not. They are fine for players 6-10, but if you have a SL of TP/DG/KL/Pau/Noel that is a significant downgrade from LMA in there.

If Kobe can miss the playoffs in his prime, I'm sure Kawhi can especially if you are really trying to count TP as someone that is a game breaker.

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Noel is fine for a young team like Houston. Not for SA, who is a contender.

baseline bum
09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
I disagree in a big way. You are listing TP/Manu as some huge positives and they are not. They are fine for players 6-10, but if you have a SL of TP/DG/KL/Pau/Noel that is a significant downgrade from LMA in there.

If Kobe can miss the playoffs in his prime, I'm sure Kawhi can especially if you are really trying to count TP as someone that is a game breaker.

LOL yeah Parker is a negative on this team now and I'm not so sure how much of a positive Gasol is considering how lost Aldridge was in the offense when Duncan was getting a lot of touches early on last season and considering how awful the team is going to be defending 1-5 pick and rolls with Parker and Gasol.

DJR210
09-10-2016, 11:07 AM

:lol

Killakobe81
09-10-2016, 11:51 AM

Agree its a downgrade ...but Kiwi with that cast and pop as coach is still better than dallas, houston, utah portland memphis etc. Mainly because kiwi is better than the star players on those rosters. And because the Spurs system generates better looks than those teams and the defensive yograde you get with noel Spurs go from top3 or 4 to 5-7 losing aldridge for noel ...

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Agree its a downgrade ...but Kiwi with that cast and pop as coach is still better than dallas, houston, utah portland memphis etc. Mainly because kiwi is better than the star players on those rosters. And because the Spurs system generates better looks than those teams and the defensive yograde you get with noel Spurs go from top3 or 4 to 5-7 losing aldridge for noel ...
Kawhi is a better defender than Harden, yes..Not a better player overall.

baseline bum
09-10-2016, 03:24 PM

Buford would laugh and hang up on Morey the second he offered Harden for Leonard straight up.

RD2191
09-10-2016, 04:37 PM

Ummm no, that's fukin retarded. Kawhi is the superior player and it isn't even close.

Molotov
09-10-2016, 05:03 PM

gambit1990
09-10-2016, 05:43 PM
:lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMKavKEKX2Q

those aren't just lapses on defense, that's a complete lack of effort that is unacceptable and inexcusable.

good thing you think so highly of him, you can keep him.

StrengthAndHonor
09-10-2016, 06:13 PM
That is wayyyyy to much for Griffin :lol
Noel has lingering knee issues. Okafor could be one dimensional. Griffin is a Superstar. Fair trade IMHO.

StrengthAndHonor
09-10-2016, 06:15 PM
why aint they gettin rid of embidd? they high on him?
He's a better prospect than Okafor or Noels.

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Ummm no, that's fukin retarded. Kawhi is the superior player and it isn't even close.
Kawhi is a great defender. But he's not the superior player, he's never played a full season and never had to carry the load Harden had to here in Houston (This is noticeable in minutes played for Kawhi v Harden) . Play Kawhi nearly 3000 minutes for Houston the past few seasons, his body is probably broken down already. Kawhi can't facilitate the ball like James. Kawhi plays in a system that allows him to get his points easily. James has to be the PG, facilitate the ball, and create points for himself because no one else can, then has had NO shooters. On the other hand, Pop created Kawhi, and he has to force him to want the ball, especially in the 4th quarter. And he still didn't want it.

Silver&Black
09-10-2016, 06:21 PM
:lmao Harden > Kawhi

Silver&Black
09-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Buford would laugh and hang up on Morey the second he offered Harden for Leonard straight up.

^
This

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 06:24 PM
^
This
You can laugh at it. Kawhi doesn't want the ball in the 4th quarter. Plain and simple.

09-10-2016, 06:24 PM
:lmao holy shit

Silver&Black
09-10-2016, 06:25 PM
http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/kawhi-leonard-1402926516.jpg

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 06:33 PM
http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/kawhi-leonard-1402926516.jpg
As a role player, he is great. He has missed 28 games the last 2 years (compared to Harden missing 1) playing much less minutes than Harden. Could he handle Harden's workload? Playing 3000 minutes for almost 4 years now?

Silver&Black
09-10-2016, 06:34 PM
You can laugh at it.

Don't worry...it's not just me. We all are laughing at it.

Silver&Black
09-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Kawhi is a very young man still. Stop it with the "can he handle the workload". You're acting like he's Duncan's age...

baseline bum
09-10-2016, 06:42 PM
No GM in the league would trade Leonard for fucking Harden :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdVFwaJtEkE

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Kawhi is a very young man still. Stop it with the "can he handle the workload". You're acting like he's Duncan's age...
No, the point is he has played significantly less minutes and has already missed quite a few games. Increase those minutes from 2000 to 3000, does he miss more games? During those 3000 minutes, make Kawhi the primary ball handler and facilitator, with no other player who can get their own shot. Can his body handle it?

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 06:54 PM
No GM in the league would trade Leonard for fucking Harden :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdVFwaJtEkE
No GM in the league would trade Harden for Kawhi if he didn't come with Pop.

Silver&Black
09-10-2016, 07:06 PM
No GM in the league would trade Harden for Kawhi if he didn't come with Pop.
http://i.imgur.com/5THX0mAl.png

Sorry for the small text. It says, "Would you magically swap Harden with Kawhi if given the opportunity?"

Yes- 194
No- 153

That is a clutchfans poll. Your own fanbase would do the trade. I guarantee you that if the thread/poll was created again today...the "Yes" numbers would be extremely higher.

You make that poll here at Spurstalk....You might find 5 Spurs fans who would do the trade. And they're the same 5 guys who talk shit about Kawhi every time his name is mentioned.

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 07:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5THX0mAl.png

Sorry for the small text. It says, "Would you magically swap Harden with Kawhi if given the opportunity?"

Yes- 194
No- 153

That is a clutchfans poll. Your own fanbase would do the trade. I guarantee you that if the thread/poll was created again today...the "Yes" numbers would be extremely higher.

You make that poll here at Spurstalk....You might find 5 Spurs fans who would do the trade. And they're the same 5 guys who talk shit about Kawhi every time his name is mentioned.
I said no GM. General Manager, not fans. Btw, quoting clutchfans, you lose credibility. Who on earth quotes clutchfans? :lol

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 07:09 PM
On four consecutive possessions during the fourth quarter of the Spurs’ pivotal Game 5 game against the Thunder, MVP runner-up Kawhi Leonard did not touch the ball.

Starting at the four-minute mark of the final quarter, Leonard was absent from the offense, not taking a shot until a desperation 3 with two seconds remaining. At that point the game was already gone (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2016/05/11/thunder-spurs-defense-fourth-quarter-curse-nba-playoffs/84217578/).

That CANNOT happen.

Silver&Black
09-10-2016, 07:14 PM
On four consecutive possessions during the fourth quarter of the Spurs’ pivotal Game 5 game against the Thunder, MVP runner-up Kawhi Leonard did not touch the ball.

Starting at the four-minute mark of the final quarter, Leonard was absent from the offense, not taking a shot until a desperation 3 with two seconds remaining. At that point the game was already gone (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2016/05/11/thunder-spurs-defense-fourth-quarter-curse-nba-playoffs/84217578/).

That CANNOT happen.

Kawhi Leonard led the Spurs in scoring the final three games of the series after scoring nine points in each of the first two games. - Leonard also led the Spurs in 3-point shooting this Finals, shooting 57.9 percent. Leonard was a team-best 10-of-18 (55.6 percent) on catch-and-shoot 3-point attempts.- Leonard shot 65.0 percent (13-of-20) when guarded by LeBron James in the series.

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 07:16 PM
Kawhi Leonard led the Spurs in scoring the final three games of the series after scoring nine points in each of the first two games. - Leonard also led the Spurs in 3-point shooting this Finals, shooting 57.9 percent. Leonard was a team-best 10-of-18 (55.6 percent) on catch-and-shoot 3-point attempts.- Leonard shot 65.0 percent (13-of-20) when guarded by LeBron James in the series.
That was years ago when his role wasn't as big as it is now. With a bigger role, he willingly gave up the ball to Parker against OKC. An MVP candidate gave up the ball in the playoffs.

Silver&Black
09-10-2016, 07:27 PM
I said no GM. General Manager, not fans. Btw, quoting clutchfans, you lose credibility. Who on earth quotes clutchfans? :lol

I don't know any GMs personally. Do you? Therefore (even though I still agree with baseline bum) I can't say for certain that they would/would not do the trade, and neither can you.

Is Spurstalk a more credible opinion to you? Just say the word and I'll go upstairs right now and create the poll....

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 07:29 PM
I don't know any GMs personally. Do you? Therefore (even though I still agree with baseline bum) I can't say for certain that they would/would not do the trade, and neither can you.

Is Spurstalk a more credible opinion to you? Just say the word and I'll go upstairs right now and create the poll....
I wouldn't quote any message board, clutchfans being the one i put the emphasis on never ever quoting. Fucking Nazis over there.

baseline bum
09-10-2016, 08:50 PM
If you took every bad thing Spurstalk says about Kobe and distilled it into a single player, that player would be James Harden.

Kawhitstorm
09-10-2016, 09:06 PM
Kawhi is a great defender. But he's not the superior player, he's never played a full season and never had to carry the load Harden had to here in Houston (This is noticeable in minutes played for Kawhi v Harden) . Play Kawhi nearly 3000 minutes for Houston the past few seasons, his body is probably broken down already. Kawhi can't facilitate the ball like James. Kawhi plays in a system that allows him to get his points easily. James has to be the PG, facilitate the ball, and create points for himself because no one else can, then has had NO shooters. On the other hand, Pop created Kawhi, and he has to force him to want the ball, especially in the 4th quarter. And he still didn't want it.

HarDone got outplayed by Klay when Curry was out.:wakeup

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 09:06 PM
If you took every bad thing Spurstalk says about Kobe and distilled it into a single player, that player would be James Harden.
Bringing up Kobe again huh? You aren't getting around your MVP deferring to Parker down the stretch.

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 09:07 PM
HarDone got outplayed by Klay when Curry was out.:wakeup
Kawhi got outplayed by Andre Roberson down the stretch...

Kawhitstorm
09-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Kawhi got outplayed by Andre Roberson down the stretch...

You mean for a quarter in a 6 game series....:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
09-10-2016, 09:22 PM

That CANNOT happen.

An unbiased news source:
Tony Parker has to realize the Spurs aren't his team anymore

The Spurs went time and time again to Parker, who no longer demands a double team. The Thunder went with a set man-on-man, and twice Parker settled for long contested jumpers, and twice missed.

Here’s the way to look at it: That Parker long 2 is the shot the Thunder wanted the Spurs to take. If you gave them a list of all possible outcomes of each possession in crunch time, and told them they could pick what happened, the “contested long Tony Parker 2” would probably be right there at the very top of the list, just losing out to “Danny Green shoots from half-court sitting down backwards” and “Boris Diaw tries to kick the ball in like a soccer ball.”

For the Spurs, who have made an art form of moving the ball (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3y7cWmoBCI) until the perfect shot was there, settling for what the Thunder would want is inexcusable. Parker has had an incredible career, but it’s time for him to take a step back and allow Leonard to run the offense in crunch time.

This is Leonard’s and Aldridge’s team now. Parker has to let them win games.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/tony-parker-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-oklahoma-city-thunder

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 09:37 PM
An unbiased news source:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/tony-parker-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-oklahoma-city-thunder
Bullshit. Leonard has got to assert himself. If he doesn't, the shit with Parker will repeat itself. Don't blame Parker for Leonard being passive.

baseline bum
09-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Bringing up Kobe again huh? You aren't getting around your MVP deferring to Parker down the stretch.

ROFL at a Harden fan talking about postseason performance :lol

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 09:41 PM
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc331/AWB20008/FB_IMG_1462466637798.jpg
Because Kobe passed that much ever :lol

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 09:43 PM
ROFL at a Harden fan talking about postseason performance :lol
Not wanting the ball is fucking shameful, period. No matter what fan, fanbase, etc.

baseline bum
09-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Not wanting the ball is fucking shameful, period. No matter what fan, fanbase, etc.

Rocket fan with Harden sounds just like they did when they said Steve Francis was a legit franchise player. Harden is a volume shooter who does nothing well other than draw free throws.

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Rocket fan with Harden sounds just like they did when they said Steve Francis was a legit franchise player. Harden is a volume shooter who does nothing well other than draw free throws.
You can say whatever. Not wanting to the ball in your hands to win a game, and I want Kawhi to take that next step, is shameful. That happened the year before too. Blame Parker all you want. That's how fucking retarded spurfan is. Blame Parker when other players don't assert themselves.

djohn2oo8
09-10-2016, 09:59 PM
last year Harden carried the heaviest burden in the NBA - a team (roster and coaching staff) which is league bottom 3 at best if all teams removed their best player

League leading 38 mins/gm

Scoring runner-up 29.0 pts/gm

First among non-PGs 7.5 asts/gm (more than Lebron and Curry)

Tied for 2nd among guards 6.1 rebs/gm

Tied for 4th among guards 0.6 blks/gm

Drives, scores off drives, and passes off drives as much as Lebron http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...t=DRIVES&dir=1

Moves around as far (works as hard) on offense as Steph Curry and more than Lebron, WB, and KDhttp://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...IST_FEET&dir=1

Generates points off touches as efficient as Steph Curry but more efficient than Lebron http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...=TOUCHES&dir=1

Catch and shoots 3 pointers more efficient than KD http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...gular%20Season

Shoots pull ups more efficient than WB http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...L_UP_PTS&dir=1

But yeah he does nothing else well...

SAGirl
09-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Hmm this thread deviated quickly. I wonder what the price is for either guy. There's not much in terms of NEW rumors on what they are looking for or from whom.

baseline bum
09-11-2016, 12:25 AM
last year Harden carried the heaviest burden in the NBA - a team (roster and coaching staff) which is league bottom 3 at best if all teams removed their best player

:lol it's everyone else's fault Houston barely made the playoffs and got wrecked by a team minus its best player
:lol copypaste from chinkfans.net
:lol Rocketfan expectations after they fluked into the WCF

StrengthAndHonor
09-11-2016, 01:22 AM
It's funny how this works. I believe Kawhi is a better overall player than Harden but I honestly don't believe Kiwi could push that Rockets team to a playoff spot last year.

TheCultOfPersonality
09-11-2016, 02:55 AM
Zach Randolph for Noel or Okafor. Get it done!!

djohn2oo8
09-11-2016, 05:34 AM
It's funny how this works. I believe Kawhi is a better overall player than Harden but I honestly don't believe Kiwi could push that Rockets team to a playoff spot last year.
Because he couldn't, or the year before that when Dwight missed half a season. Put Kawhi on a team with a bunch of fucks who can't even dribble a basketball, with no Pop...

djohn2oo8
09-11-2016, 05:49 AM
:lol it's everyone else's fault Houston barely made the playoffs and got wrecked by a team minus its best player
:lol copypaste from chinkfans.net
:lol Rocketfan expectations after they fluked into the WCF
Just answer me this. Who else on the Rockets can dribble a basketball effectively?

Ariza? :lol
Beverley? (Who can't even make a bounce pass) :lol
Dwight? :lol (last year)
Jones?
Brewer? :lmao
Smith?

Which of them can drive to the rim effectively?

Who else can create for others?

How about shooters?
Beverley - 43% FG
Lawson - 38% FG
Jones - 45% FG
Brewer - 38% FG
Thorton - 40% FG
Smith - 34% FG
Terry - 40%FG
Motiejuanas - 43%

No, Harden is not without blame. He came into camp fat and out of shape, and played the first month on a bum ankle. It won't happen again. Everyone wants to say Harden was the cancer, yet Terry LITERALLY called out Dwight in public for being one. (See why Al Horford left Atlanta)... When Howard wasn't on the floor last year, they were a better team. Still, most of those players are trash and were on the team the year before, and still carried them to the 2 seed. That WCF run, who got the series to game 6? Who closed out game 7? The Clippers had 3 fucking chances to close that series out and didn't do it.

djohn2oo8
09-11-2016, 06:19 AM
In a down year, he was still worth 23 wins, which means take him off and they are a lottery team.
http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/sort/VORPe

Clipper Nation
09-11-2016, 09:10 AM
If you took every bad thing Spurstalk says about Kobe and distilled it into a single player, that player would be Kobe.
FIFY... but Harden isn't very far off, either.

djohn2oo8
09-11-2016, 09:21 AM
FIFY... but Harden isn't very far off, either.
Elaborate please...

Kawhitstorm
09-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Bullshit. Leonard has got to assert himself. If he doesn't, the shit with Parker will repeat itself. Don't blame Parker for Leonard being passive.

So you mean to tell me Porker is a ball hog?:wow

ambchang
09-11-2016, 09:45 PM
Just answer me this. Who else on the Rockets can dribble a basketball effectively?

Ariza? :lol
Beverley? (Who can't even make a bounce pass) :lol
Dwight? :lol (last year)
Jones?
Brewer? :lmao
Smith?

Which of them can drive to the rim effectively?

Who else can create for others?

How about shooters?
Beverley - 43% FG
Lawson - 38% FG
Jones - 45% FG
Brewer - 38% FG
Thorton - 40% FG
Smith - 34% FG
Terry - 40%FG
Motiejuanas - 43%

No, Harden is not without blame. He came into camp fat and out of shape, and played the first month on a bum ankle. It won't happen again. Everyone wants to say Harden was the cancer, yet Terry LITERALLY called out Dwight in public for being one. (See why Al Horford left Atlanta)... When Howard wasn't on the floor last year, they were a better team. Still, most of those players are trash and were on the team the year before, and still carried them to the 2 seed. That WCF run, who got the series to game 6? Who closed out game 7? The Clippers had 3 fucking chances to close that series out and didn't do it.

But then when it comes to Hakeem and David Robinson, 3 PT shooters don't matter.

Chinook
09-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Lol, wouldn't want Harden anywhere near my team. Damned flopper who can't play effectively off the ball and doesn't defend a lick.

apalisoc_9
09-12-2016, 07:51 AM
Lol, wouldn't want Harden anywhere near my team. Damned flopper who can't play effectively off the ball and doesn't defend a lick.

Post Clippers vs Rockets game 6 please. Thanks.

Chinook
09-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Post Clippers vs Rockets game 6 please. Thanks.

Wut?

apalisoc_9
09-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Wut?

You know dat infamous Josh Smith/Corey Brewer Game where a certain top 12 player on the league was sulking on the bench while there bench made a historic comeback.

Very Kobesque or Parkersque

djohn2oo8
09-12-2016, 01:37 PM
But then when it comes to Hakeem and David Robinson, 3 PT shooters don't matter.

When did i say 3 point shooters don't matter? Were they responsible for Robinson getting his shitter pushed in one on one on defense?

djohn2oo8
09-12-2016, 01:38 PM
You know dat infamous Josh Smith/Corey Brewer Game where a certain top 12 player on the league was sulking on the bench while there bench made a historic comeback.

Very Kobesque or Parkersque

Actually he was up clapping. Not like Parker.
https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/ilVqMsQk8ihnm2S4SkDYUQ--/aD0yMjA2O3c9Mjk0NDtzbT0xO2FwcGlkPXl0YWNoeW9u/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/553ab832bb0a8515760f6a706700e5ea.jpg

http://underdawgsportz.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Rockets.jpg

yeah looks like sulking

ambchang
09-12-2016, 03:18 PM
When did i say 3 point shooters don't matter? Were they responsible for Robinson getting his shitter pushed in one on one on defense?

Robinson's problem wasn't defense, Hakeem was scoring 33 ppg on Shaq AND Grant double teams in the finals, so getting hit with 35ppg on single coverage isn't bad, especially when you have to take into account that Robinson had to chase down Horry because Rodman wasn't guarding his man. Robinson's problem was on offense when he got double and tripled throughout the entire series. So yeah, you saying Hakeem destroyed Robinson in that series without taking into consideration the presence of teammates and specifically 3pt shooters, and then try to pull teammates in the equation when comparing Kawhi and Harden is hypocritical.

Chinook
09-13-2016, 11:13 AM
Robinson's problem wasn't defense, Hakeem was scoring 33 ppg on Shaq AND Grant double teams in the finals, so getting hit with 35ppg on single coverage isn't bad, especially when you have to take into account that Robinson had to chase down Horry because Rodman wasn't guarding his man. Robinson's problem was on offense when he got double and tripled throughout the entire series. So yeah, you saying Hakeem destroyed Robinson in that series without taking into consideration the presence of teammates and specifically 3pt shooters, and then try to pull teammates in the equation when comparing Kawhi and Harden is hypocritical.

Not to mention that Kawhi is better than Harden.

apalisoc_9
09-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Harden better than kawhi :lmao

The grandest pf delusions my friend. :lol

Brazil
09-13-2016, 11:33 AM

you are on crack with your Harden > Kawhi tbh... for the rest you are right

Spurs fans like to blame Parker for almost everything that went south in a PO serie or in general on earth (Starvation in Africa is surely Parker's fault)... truth is very often they throw the ball to Parker or Manu to a lesser extend nowadays to solve the problem... then spurs fans complain about his selfishness, few complain about younger guys that don't take responsability. If Kawhi wants the ball he just needs to tell Parker gtfoh and if Parker don't "obey" Pop will kick his ass like it already happened.

DMC
09-13-2016, 06:25 PM
LOL Blake isn't going to make any team better.

DMC
09-13-2016, 06:28 PM
In a down year, he was still worth 23 wins, which means take him off and they are a lottery team.
http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/sort/VORPe
You were 1 game better than the Jazz. Thank GOD you have James Harden.

StrengthAndHonor
09-13-2016, 11:17 PM
LOL Blake isn't going to make any team better.
What a deplorable comment. Yuck DMC.

SAGirl
09-14-2016, 12:30 AM

Spurs fans like to blame Parker for almost everything that went south in a PO serie or in general on earth (Starvation in Africa is surely Parker's fault)... truth is very often they throw the ball to Parker or Manu to a lesser extend nowadays to solve the problem... then spurs fans complain about his selfishness, few complain about younger guys that don't take responsability. If Kawhi wants the ball he just needs to tell Parker gtfoh and if Parker don't "obey" Pop will kick his ass like it already happened.
Though you troll a whole lot you have a good point on Tony being the scapegoat for everything in the SL. We could start by Pop and what the heck strategies he putting out there and then talk about Kawhi demanding the balk to make plays when he needs to.

ElNono
09-14-2016, 01:16 AM

When I used to say that about Manu, all I heard was "excuses", tbh...

09-14-2016, 06:05 AM
Daaaamn

Brazil
09-14-2016, 07:31 AM

Not from me and you know that pretty well

I fully agree with you... too many times players would just give the ball to Manu and let him do his stuff with all opponent defensive pressure who knew very well he will try to solve the issue by himself because nobody else want to (that includes Parker in his younger age tbh)... Because Manu is amazing player it would work more often than not but often it would result in silly shots and TOs with bunch of noobs blaming him for the team overall failure...

Same happens, happened and will happen again with Parker

ElNono
09-14-2016, 09:24 AM
Not from me and you know that pretty well

I fully agree with you... too many times players would just give the ball to Manu and let him do his stuff with all opponent defensive pressure who knew very well he will try to solve the issue by himself because nobody else want to (that includes Parker in his younger age tbh)... Because Manu is amazing player it would work more often than not but often it would result in silly shots and TOs with bunch of noobs blaming him for the team overall failure...

Same happens, happened and will happen again with Parker

Now we have fathead to save the day though...

Chinook
09-14-2016, 11:01 AM
Manu hogs the ball. That's Pop's fault, though. He tailored the bench to play around Manu, which was great 10 years ago but hurt them recently. Now with a couple of options for guys who should be able to get their own shots, hopefully Manu touches the ball less. We'll see if everyone can strike a balance.

Brazil
09-14-2016, 11:48 AM
Now we have fathead to save the day though...

:lol tbh...

still don't get all the love he gets from a lot of ST posters

:lol new manu
:lol Diaw's pupil

Chinook
09-14-2016, 12:48 PM
:lol tbh...

still don't get all the love he gets from a lot of ST posters

:lol new manu
:lol Diaw's pupil

Still >Kevin Martin though.

Brazil
09-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Still >Kevin Martin though.

not really no

Chinook
09-14-2016, 02:02 PM
not really no

Yep. That's why K-Mart is at the breadline while Anderson has a guaranteed rotation spot.

Brazil
09-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Yep. That's why K-Mart is at the breadline while Anderson has a guaranteed rotation spot.

sure.... :rolleyes

SAGirl
09-15-2016, 01:14 AM
Manu hogs the ball. That's Pop's fault, though. He tailored the bench to play around Manu, which was great 10 years ago but hurt them recently. Now with a couple of options for guys who should be able to get their own shots, hopefully Manu touches the ball less. We'll see if everyone can strike a balance.
Completely agree. Frankly wouldn't bother me if they threw the ball to him in an act of desperation every once in a while in those playoffs bc these two senior trolls (don't know if they are senior or not but they are both subscribed to the fandom memberships of strict AARP basketball) are ignoring the big amount of possessions that Kyle saved through the season at the end of shot clocks. It was such a large noticeable amount of contested difficult desperation shots he made that #ceperez a fan of weird takes but not a troll in this level was stating that was the only time the dude could make a shot. It wasn't that. That was the only time he had the green light to take a contested shot and force the issue.

So, the day I am complaining that Kyle is deferring is the day frankly he's at least being given a chance. So far it was get here in a corner and watch as some veterans and some lazy guys (Diaw) have an all out implosion before your very eyes and sink this team. (Havink Kyle watch Pop's theatre of the Insane live and in full color in the playoffs is what I called it bc that's what that bench looked like)

Just flat out trolling these two.

Thebesteva
09-15-2016, 01:29 AM
lol at midnightpulp hyping this guy

ElNono
09-15-2016, 02:18 AM

It was great as recently as 2 years ago, tbh... but I agree the Spurs shouldn't expect 39 year old Manu to be their best bench player...

Unfortunately, I don't see talent there to run ISO ball like some of the starters. I suspect the bench is going to continue to be more of a team effort than an individual effort... but we'll see.

Chinook
09-15-2016, 12:24 PM
It was great as recently as 2 years ago, tbh... but I agree the Spurs shouldn't expect 39 year old Manu to be their best bench player...

Unfortunately, I don't see talent there to run ISO ball like some of the starters. I suspect the bench is going to continue to be more of a team effort than an individual effort... but we'll see.

It's not about isoing, especially not to the extent that the starters will. It's about not having a unit that relies on Manu to create everything. There will be a good deal of 2/5 and 2/4 PnR with Manu and the bigs. But there need to be screen action with Patty in a similar fashion as Atlanta does with Korver. And Anderson will need to have the ball in his hands a lot, too. A good deal of that will by iso plays, but he can all both run the PnR and screen for it.

In the same way that Pop made it clear that Kawhi needed to take and fill the role as primary scorer for the starting unit, so too does he need to do that with Anderson. Kyle's not as good as Kawhi was back then, but Pop will have to force the bench to give him the same latitude, at least at the beginning of the year.

ElNono
09-15-2016, 12:26 PM
It's not about isoing, especially not to the extent that the starters will. It's about not having a unit that relies on Manu to create everything. There will be a good deal of 2/5 and 2/4 PnR with Manu and the bigs. But there need to be screen action with Patty in a similar fashion as Atlanta does with Korver. And Anderson will need to have the ball in his hands a lot, too. A good deal of that will by iso plays, but he can all both run the PnR and screen for it.

In the same way that Pop made it clear that Kawhi needed to take and fill the role as primary scorer for the starting unit, so too does he need to do that with Anderson. Kyle's not as good as Kawhi was back then, but Pop will have to force the bench to give him the same latitude, at least at the beginning of the year.

I expect Pop to experiment at the start of the season, so let's hope it all works out.

Chinook
09-15-2016, 12:27 PM
I expect Pop to experiment at the start of the season, so let's hope it all works out.

So long as Danny gets a handful of post-ups a game, I'll be happy.

SAGirl
09-15-2016, 02:49 PM

He scored 60% of the time out of isolations and got fouled 15% of the time. Frankly considering how poorly, awful, dismal everything the bench did while he was in there against OKC and how everybody was over-matched, it's a shame they never gave him a shot. I think the reason they didn't was to not place that burden on him his first playoffs, and also he was bound to not have any rhythm bc he was playing so little, but clearly your statement that he doesn't have talent is a biased personal perception of yours, let's at least be clear on that.

Objectively, here are the stats if they interest you:

Minimum of 10 min/game and 10 possessions per play type to qualify.

Player
Team
GP
Poss
Freq
PPP
PTS
FGM
FGA
FG%
eFG%
FT
Freq
TO
Freq
SF
Freq
And One
Freq
Score
Freq
Percentile

Kawhi Leonard (http://stats.nba.com/player/#%21/202695/?p=kawhi-leonard)
SAS
11.8%
14.1%
5.8%
11.5%
3.2%
49.4%

Kyle Anderson (http://stats.nba.com/player/#%21/203937/?p=kyle-anderson)

SAS
13.6%
15.1%
5.7%
13.2%
0.0%
60.4%

Manu Ginobili (http://stats.nba.com/player/#%21/1938/?p=manu-ginobili)
SAS
6.2%
8.3%
11.1%
5.6%
0.0%
50.0%

Tony Parker (http://stats.nba.com/player/#%21/2225/?p=tony-parker)
SAS
5.5%
3.9%
17.6%
3.9%
0.0%
31.4%

Boris Diaw (http://stats.nba.com/player/#%21/2564/?p=boris-diaw)
SAS
4.5%
8.7%
0.0%
8.7%
4.3%
47.8%

Jonathan Simmons (http://stats.nba.com/player/#%21/203613/?p=jonathan-simmons)
SAS
8.2%
18.5%
22.2%
18.5%
3.7%
33.3%

Patty Mills (http://stats.nba.com/player/#%21/201988/?p=patty-mills)
SAS
2.3%
6.3%
12.5%
0.0%
0.0%
43.8%

LaMarcus Aldridge (http://stats.nba.com/player/#%21/200746/?p=lamarcus-aldridge)
SAS
1.2%
20.0%
13.3%
20.0%
0.0%
46.7%

David West (http://stats.nba.com/player/#%21/2561/?p=david-west)
SAS
3.5%
10.5%
10.5%
10.5%
0.0%
36.8%

Danny Green (http://stats.nba.com/player/#%21/201980/?p=danny-green)
SAS
1.8%
8.3%
16.7%
0.0%
0.0%
25.0%

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/playtype/isolation/?CF=TeamNameAbbreviation*E*sas&Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals

He was basically in the 96.2% in isolations in the entire league, ahead of both Ginobili on more attempts and Kawhi (less attempts obviously).

Anyways, you obviously focused on just one aspect, when my point was that clearly the dude can shoot and can score and was never involved offensively in the playoffs against OKC. And for as bad as everyone shot and played, he probably was a good option. That he wasn't involved in what the bench was doing was a result of being parked in a corner in a situation in which no one really got into the paint to collapse any defense bc none of the bigs were rollers and Manu no longer sucks a defense in like he used to. Defenses would rather play him straight up very often, or do you need me to quote like 5 essays that Manutres has written in the forums rehashing how the bigs were a problem in the bench? I am sure you know what he meant. To have an iso scorer that could have saved everyone from that demise was helpful, but you are fine watching everyone else chuck and sink the ship I guess.

I don't think the entirety of Kyle's offense is isolations either, that was just the only time he had a green light to take up a constested shot. He was supposed to get open corner shots created for him, which didn't happen at all in the playoffs and was a streaky occurrence during the season depending how good/or awful was the defense from an opponent for exactly the reasons Manutres has elaborated.

Instances that isolations made sense for a bench player, end of quarter situations --typically a Manu possession, may start to go to Kyle. End of shot clock desperation heaves, were already going to him. 4th Q situations often require someone to engineer a shot out of nothing. Weren't you and troll Brazil making fun of how often Tony and Manu got stuck in those situations??? It happens. That is actually why I brought it up. You both trolling on how Kawhi tends to defer then chuckles in reference to Kyle, as if he shrinked from situations like that. If you both want to troll about him at least get it straight. That he's good in those situations bodes well for the team. Tony and Manu on the decline might not be the best guys in those kinds of cases anymore. You are both going to be whining the entire season it looks like.

Here are the Spurs training Kyle to take tough shots:

It's not as if it's not already part of the team's plan to apparently prepare him to take tough shots. Frankly I am starting to enjoy this trolling bc I get a sense you both will fall so flat on your faces that although it's out of character for me, I might enjoy gloating for a good long time. :toast

As for the bench in general I expect (and hope) for Pop to experiment. Really it shouldn't be on a single guy. Several guys have to grow, etc. But I do expect him to get the ball more and the reason to give him the ball is not to have him iso all the time. He's primarily a playmaker and is becoming a very good shooter, but he looks to make plays for others all the time. I don't have to tell you that bc you saw it through the season. He had a better A/TO ratio than Ginobili and Diaw last season and had an assist ratio of 24%. Almost a full quarter of all of his possessions were an assist to someone. That's remarkable for a low usage player and it's part of the reason his own scoring numbers were not that high (wasn't shooting the 3 either, but I expect that to change.) He had a better assist ratio than Ginobili as well who assisted on 23% of his own posessions.

Anyways, you trolling and that is that.

ElNono
09-15-2016, 03:13 PM

Danny or Fathead or you trolling? :lol

ElNono
09-15-2016, 03:25 PM
He scored 60% of the time out of isolations and got fouled 15% of the time. Frankly considering how poorly, awful, dismal everything the bench did while he was in there against OKC and how everybody was over-matched, it's a shame they never gave him a shot. I think the reason they didn't was to not place that burden on him his first playoffs, and also he was bound to not have any rhythm bc he was playing so little, but clearly your statement that he doesn't have talent is a biased personal perception of yours, let's at least be clear on that.

Player
Team
GP
Poss
Freq
PPP
PTS
FGM
FGA
FG%
eFG%
FT
Freq
TO
Freq
SF
Freq
And One
Freq
Score
Freq
Percentile

SAS
11.8%
14.1%
5.8%
11.5%
3.2%
49.4%

SAS
13.6%
15.1%
5.7%
13.2%
0.0%
60.4%

SAS
6.2%
8.3%
11.1%
5.6%
0.0%
50.0%

SAS
5.5%
3.9%
17.6%
3.9%
0.0%
31.4%

SAS
4.5%
8.7%
0.0%
8.7%
4.3%
47.8%

SAS
8.2%
18.5%
22.2%
18.5%
3.7%
33.3%

SAS
2.3%
6.3%
12.5%
0.0%
0.0%
43.8%

LaMarcus Aldridge (http://stats.nba.com/player/#%21/200746/?p=lamarcus-aldridge)
SAS
1.2%
20.0%
13.3%
20.0%
0.0%
46.7%

SAS
3.5%
10.5%
10.5%
10.5%
0.0%
36.8%

SAS
1.8%
8.3%
16.7%
0.0%
0.0%
25.0%

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/playtype/isolation/?CF=TeamNameAbbreviation*E*sas&Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals

He was basically in the 96.2% in isolations in the entire league, ahead of both Ginobili on more attempts and Kawhi (less attempts obviously).

Anyways, you obviously focused on just one aspect, when my point was that clearly the dude can shoot and can score and was never involved offensively in the playoffs against OKC. And for as bad as everyone shot and played, he probably was a good option. That he wasn't involved in what the bench was doing was a result of being parked in a corner in a situation in which no one really got into the paint to collapse any defense bc none of the bigs were rollers and Manu no longer sucks a defense in like he used to. Defenses would rather play him straight up very often, or do you need me to quote like 5 essays that Manutres has written in the forums rehashing how the bigs were a problem in the bench? I am sure you know what he meant. To have an iso scorer that could have saved everyone from that demise was helpful, but you are fine watching everyone else chuck and sink the ship I guess.

I don't think the entirety of Kyle's offense is isolations either, that was just the only time he had a green light to take up a constested shot. He was supposed to get open corner shots created for him, which didn't happen at all in the playoffs and was a streaky occurrence during the season depending how good/or awful was the defense from an opponent for exactly the reasons Manutres has elaborated.

Instances that isolations made sense for a bench player, end of quarter situations --typically a Manu possession, may start to go to Kyle. End of shot clock desperation heaves, were already going to him. 4th Q situations often require someone to engineer a shot out of nothing. Weren't you and troll Brazil making fun of how often Tony and Manu got stuck in those situations??? It happens. That is actually why I brought it up. You both trolling on how Kawhi tends to defer then chuckles in reference to Kyle, as if he shrinked from situations like that. If you both want to troll about him at least get it straight. That he's good in those situations bodes well for the team. Tony and Manu on the decline might not be the best guys in those kinds of cases anymore. You are both going to be whining the entire season it looks like.

It's not as if it's not already part of the team's plan to apparently prepare him to take tough shots. Frankly I am starting to enjoy this trolling bc I get a sense you both will fall so flat on your faces that although it's out of character for me, I might enjoy gloating for a good long time. :toast

As for the bench in general I expect (and hope) for Pop to experiment. Really it shouldn't be on a single guy. Several guys have to grow, etc. But I do expect him to get the ball more and the reason to give him the ball is not to have him iso all the time. He's primarily a playmaker and is becoming a very good shooter, but he looks to make plays for others all the time. I don't have to tell you that bc you saw it through the season. He had a better A/TO ratio than Ginobili and Diaw last season and had an assist ratio of 24%. Almost a full quarter of all of his possessions were an assist to someone. That's remarkable for a low usage player and it's part of the reason his own scoring numbers were not that high (wasn't shooting the 3 either, but I expect that to change.) He had a better assist ratio than Ginobili as well who assisted on 23% of his own posessions.

My take is entirely opinion, tbh, never claimed otherwise. I actually think Kyle will probably do well against 70-80% of the league, it's that other 20% of upper echelon teams where he needs to do well or better for the Spurs to contend, and personally I've seen no indication of him being able to do that, so far. I'm not trolling (in this case). I would love to eat crow on it, no doubt about it, it likely means the Spurs can contend, which is something I don't see right now (you know, barring external situations like injuries to other teams, etc). So there's definitely a lot riding on Kyle and some of the other bench guys doing well. It would mean we're not as top-heavy as I see the team right now, and I think that's a plus.

As far as how much Pop will experiment, we'll see. I think he'll be in mad scientist mode especially early in the season, but at the same time, I think how other teams do, and if we have to chase a team so we don't drop a lot in the standings will also dictate how much he does that.

SAGirl
09-15-2016, 03:31 PM

had to chuckle. love sense of humor when its this refined lol:lol

SAGirl
09-15-2016, 03:40 PM
My take is entirely opinion, tbh, never claimed otherwise. I actually think Kyle will probably do well against 70-80% of the league, it's that other 20% of upper echelon teams where he needs to do well or better for the Spurs to contend, and personally I've seen no indication of him being able to do that, so far. I'm not trolling (in this case). I would love to eat crow on it, no doubt about it, it likely means the Spurs can contend, which is something I don't see right now (you know, barring external situations like injuries to other teams, etc). So there's definitely a lot riding on Kyle and some of the other bench guys doing well. It would mean we're not as top-heavy as I see the team right now, and I think that's a plus.

As far as how much Pop will experiment, we'll see. I think he'll be in mad scientist mode especially early in the season, but at the same time, I think how other teams do, and if we have to chase a team so we don't drop a lot in the standings will also dictate how much he does that.

Maybe he's not going to be the second coming of Larry Bird this season TBH (sense of humor obviously) but has to get from point A to point B. Last season wasn't really about him at all and he played a minor role. He has to be pushed to the next stage. This season they will give him (and others too... the burden is higher on him only bc he's going to be a 3rd year player the Spurs have presumably being getting ready for this exact situation. They probably are lucky Manu didn't retire to being with. Bench might have really had Kyle for a leader this season, like for real if Manu had retired. Best case scenario Kyle/Mills with Kyle really being a more versatile player than Mills).

So Kyle's under more pressure than others, and although he doesn't look it if you focus on athleticism he's the most versatile of the youngest bench crew, until Murray learns how to shoot and improve his efficiency. Simmons is only good in some situations and he's not the defender Kyle is.. Anyways, don't like to compare as each player brings their own unique strengths that one hopes to see well blended together come into some beautiful basketball anyways. But Kyle does many things well, that makes him the best all around player. Bertans might be the best shooter at that height for example, but won't rebound, box out, defend or create for others as Kyle does. So he's still developing but will be pushed to the next tier of difficulty. He's lucky to have Ginobili there TBH. There will be tough games he doesn't have it etc. I am sure Manu can help. The amoung of knowledge expertise and just all out saavy Manu can share is invaluable.

.G.
09-15-2016, 10:28 PM

Player
Team
GP
Poss
Freq
PPP
PTS
FGM
FGA
FG%
eFG%
FT
Freq
TO
Freq
SF
Freq
And One
Freq
Score
Freq
Percentile

SAS
11.8%
14.1%
5.8%
11.5%
3.2%
49.4%

SAS
13.6%
15.1%
5.7%
13.2%
0.0%
60.4%

SAS
6.2%
8.3%
11.1%
5.6%
0.0%
50.0%

SAS
5.5%
3.9%
17.6%
3.9%
0.0%
31.4%

SAS
4.5%
8.7%
0.0%
8.7%
4.3%
47.8%

SAS
8.2%
18.5%
22.2%
18.5%
3.7%
33.3%

SAS
2.3%
6.3%
12.5%
0.0%
0.0%
43.8%

SAS
1.2%
20.0%
13.3%
20.0%
0.0%
46.7%

SAS
3.5%
10.5%
10.5%
10.5%
0.0%
36.8%

SAS
1.8%
8.3%
16.7%
0.0%
0.0%
25.0%

Nothing against you but your posts are pretty fucking exhausting :lol

That's all.

Chinook
09-15-2016, 10:41 PM

That's all.

#EssayGirl

SAGirl
09-15-2016, 11:25 PM

That's all.

It's my thing. lol

SAGirl
09-15-2016, 11:26 PM
#EssayGirl

I love it. Would change my nickname... :toast

Chinook
09-15-2016, 11:37 PM
It's my thing. lol

Keep it up. We need as much earnest discussion to cut the mounds of shit on this forum, even if you are a bigger Anderson homer than Kyle himself.

SAGirl
09-15-2016, 11:38 PM
Keep it up. We need as much earnest discussion to cut the mounds of shit on this forum, even if you are a bigger Anderson homer than Kyle himself.

:lol Actually the more trolling against him the longer my essays. You would think the guys would surrender, yield and raise the white flag. lol

Edit: Actually we need to win that championship. Only way to get Tony retired per himself, plus last one for MAnu would endear him to Nono eventually, you know once he had about 3 or 4 celebratory drinks at least. :lol Trolling won't stop. Heck Manu and Tony himself HoF players get trolled among the old fans themselves ans I don't care about their feuds but they still bring old stuff from 10 years ago up, Ppl troll Kawhi. It's kind of the nature if being a Spur that they will get trolled. But since the guy is likely to get better bc he's young and is solid already, I am confident I picked a good fandom club. :tu

09-16-2016, 06:03 AM
Take this shit upstairs

Chinook
09-16-2016, 10:01 AM
Take this shit upstairs

Pretty sure this whole site is called Spurstalk, guey.

StrengthAndHonor
09-16-2016, 11:13 AM
Ethered

Killakobe81
09-16-2016, 12:13 PM

Nook with the reminder ...

Brazil
09-16-2016, 01:23 PM
And Anderson will need to have the ball in his hands a lot, too. A good deal of that will by iso plays, but he can all both run the PnR and screen for it.

In the same way that Pop made it clear that Kawhi needed to take and fill the role as primary scorer for the starting unit, so too does he need to do that with Anderson.

https://s.mlkshk.com/r/FNFN

Chinook
09-16-2016, 01:52 PM
https://s.mlkshk.com/r/FNFN

You got a better option? As SAG pointed out in one of her latest dissertations, Anderson is the most efficient one-one-one scorer on the team, though on a limited rate. With TP and Manu getting too old to rely on them doing it, what's the issue with Pop doing whatever he has to to put Kyle in that summer-league mentality?

Brazil
09-16-2016, 02:07 PM
You got a better option? As SAG pointed out in one of her latest dissertations, Anderson is the most efficient one-one-one scorer on the team, though on a limited rate. With TP and Manu getting too old to rely on them doing it, what's the issue with Pop doing whatever he has to to put Kyle in that summer-league mentality?

being the most efficient one on one on limited touches with Manu carrying attention is one thing doing it while being the go to guy of the bench is another... I do hope this second unit will be all but iso plays ffs... and before him I'd rather die trusting Patty, Lee or a 74 y/o Manu than Kyle fucking Anderson

Chinook
09-16-2016, 02:13 PM
being the most efficient one on one on limited touches with Manu carrying attention is one thing doing it while being the go to guy of the bench is another... I do hope this second unit will be all but iso plays ffs... and before him I'd rather die trusting Patty, Lee or a 74 y/o Manu than Kyle fucking Anderson

Spurs aren't going to win by simply trusting old guys. They've never won like that. They've always needed young guys and guys in their prime to step up. Without Anderson or another young player taking that next step, the Spurs are closer to 2010 than they are to 2012, closer to 2001 than 2003.

And I don't think it's accurate to say that Anderson's ability to score one-on-one has been benefiting from playing with Manu at all. It's very much the opposite. Now if Patty is back, and the Spurs run the types of plays that give him good touches, that's great. But he's the only bench guy who's any type of alternative.

Brazil
09-16-2016, 04:15 PM
Spurs aren't going to win by simply trusting old guys. They've never won like that. They've always needed young guys and guys in their prime to step up. Without Anderson or another young player taking that next step, the Spurs are closer to 2010 than they are to 2012, closer to 2001 than 2003.

And I don't think it's accurate to say that Anderson's ability to score one-on-one has been benefiting from playing with Manu at all. It's very much the opposite. Now if Patty is back, and the Spurs run the types of plays that give him good touches, that's great. But he's the only bench guy who's any type of alternative.

Patty is 27

Spurs have Patty, Lee and Manu even a 37 y/o Manu off the bench so it's a wild guess saying Anderson will be the go to guy of the bench

I don't think it is also accurate to take his one on one scoring during limited touches to assume he is capable doing that on the regular especially with his release

Brazil
09-16-2016, 04:16 PM
don't get me wrong I do wish he is capable of taking the next step I just don't think he is capable

SAGirl
09-16-2016, 08:46 PM

You forget he had all his best games without Manu Pal!
I would say sharing the court with Manu was actually detrimental as he's a playmaker at heart who is selective picking his spots and he was reduced to a corner shooter whenever he shared the court with Manu. Not even putting that on Manu. That is on Pop. He's the one who decides who gets the ball and what they run.

I will enjoy laughing Brazil bc you keep sinking in this hole. lol I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but sometimes you yap and you don't even know what you are talking about.

SAGirl
09-16-2016, 08:48 PM

What I bolded is exactly the truth. It's like Brazil doesn't even watch this team TBH. He only watches reruns of Tony's 2007 finals MVP run and highlights of his 2013 season apparently. One thing is trolling another is coming off as not even knowing what the heck he is yapping on about.

SAGirl
09-16-2016, 08:52 PM
Patty is 27

Spurs have Patty, Lee and Manu even a 37 y/o Manu off the bench so it's a wild guess saying Anderson will be the go to guy of the bench

I don't think it is also accurate to take his one on one scoring during limited touches to assume he is capable doing that on the regular especially with his release

Out of that whole crew he's the only one capable of taking his game up a notch bc he was 22 this past season basically a college senior getting his first real playing time in the rotation. All those guys are actually on the decline. We are lucky if Manu doesn't fall off a cliff like Tim did his last season bc he's that old. Patty is the one in his prime and a guy one can expect to be consistent and replicate prior seasons, but he's capped up in his development. Spurs only upside in their bench right now is Kyle. (They have some other nice interesting prospects but they are rookies, one is super young and has a whole lot to learn and the other who can realistically get minutes is also a rookie and has a unidimensional game.)

SAGirl
09-16-2016, 08:56 PM
Take this shit upstairs

this thread had already veered very far away from Noel and Okafor a long time agoooooooooo
Not like you guys stay on topic either.

Brazil
09-19-2016, 09:02 AM
You forget he had all his best games without Manu Pal!
I would say sharing the court with Manu was actually detrimental as he's a playmaker at heart who is selective picking his spots and he was reduced to a corner shooter whenever he shared the court with Manu. Not even putting that on Manu. That is on Pop. He's the one who decides who gets the ball and what they run.

I will enjoy laughing Brazil bc you keep sinking in this hole. lol I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but sometimes you yap and you don't even know what you are talking about.

Again you don't understand difference between doing good on short stretches and doing good consistently. Let's hope you will enjoy laughing indeed, that would be a good news for the Spurs. So far I'm the one laughing at you because you are a player fan who would stop watching Spurs in case your boy is traded and last POs let's be honest he has been putrid on offense, his shooting was simply atrocious. For those 10 games he shot worst than Kobe Bryant, that's saying something

Oh and I love seeing people that started watching basketball 3 years ago going to the road of you don't watch games and focus on 2007 run... shhhh girl

Chinook
09-19-2016, 10:14 AM
Patty is 27

Yes, but it's (only) an opinion to say he SHOULD be the given the opportunity to fill that role. There's a big difference between believing that Pop would go in a different direction and saying that almost anyone is a better choice to develop into a bench focal point than Kyle. The fact that he did well in limited touches is reason to give him more. You're right that it's not proof of how well he'd do if given the green light, but it's damned sure reason to find out. To that end, Pop's job is to get Anderson to stop deferring to Manu. He has to get that Murray mentality going so that he gives his best attempt. if that doesn't work, it just doesn't. But it's worth the risk.

And his release won't hurt him one-on-one. He's far too big for that. It's only a question when he's spacing the floor. When he has the ball, he's able to get his shot whenever he wants, against anybody except maybe huge freaks like Gobert and McGee.

TDMVPDPOY
09-19-2016, 10:15 AM
i still take KA over current porker....his shot is automatic, problem is clown hesitates what to do with t he ball when he receives it, fearing a mistake move means straight to the bench....

Chinook
09-19-2016, 10:20 AM
What I bolded is exactly the truth. It's like Brazil doesn't even watch this team TBH. He only watches reruns of Tony's 2007 finals MVP run and highlights of his 2013 season apparently. One thing is trolling another is coming off as not even knowing what the heck he is yapping on about.

Yours and Brazil's feud is so strange. He's a good dude. I do think is sort of irrationally dislikes Anderson, but that's whatevs. We all have our favorites, and except for super classy posters like BillMc , we all have our least favorites.

TheGreatYacht
09-19-2016, 10:45 AM
I'd trade fathead for a white American player, tbh

Brazil
09-19-2016, 11:43 AM
Yes, but it's (only) an opinion to say he SHOULD be the given the opportunity to fill that role. There's a big difference between believing that Pop would go in a different direction and saying that almost anyone is a better choice to develop into a bench focal point than Kyle. The fact that he did well in limited touches is reason to give him more. You're right that it's not proof of how well he'd do if given the green light, but it's damned sure reason to find out. To that end, Pop's job is to get Anderson to stop deferring to Manu. He has to get that Murray mentality going so that he gives his best attempt. if that doesn't work, it just doesn't. But it's worth the risk.

that's a post I can agree with tbh

And his release won't hurt him one-on-one. He's far too big for that. It's only a question when he's spacing the floor. When he has the ball, he's able to get his shot whenever he wants, against anybody except maybe huge freaks like Gobert and McGee.

His release is an overall issue, your "only" is selling it short, that's a problem. To help the team out he indeed needs to space the floor with some 3s here and there. He is taking very few and the few he is taking it is below 1 out 3. He is too hesitant. He has no business playing SFs, too slow so he has to play dat PF position but he is lacking strenght which would put him in check against most starting PFs except some SFs playing PF for their team.

I see him as a potentially good role player off the bench no more no less, I don't see him with the potential to lead the bench offensively on a contender team.

For the rest I'm quite astonished by the amount of hype and attention he is receiving by ST for a very quiet 2 first years with the Spurs.

Brazil
09-19-2016, 11:45 AM
I'd trade fathead for a white American player, tbh

and not even a very good one

Chinook
09-19-2016, 12:07 PM
His release is an overall issue, your "only" is selling it short, that's a problem. To help the team out he indeed needs to space the floor with some 3s here and there.

It's a problem if he isn't the first option in the second unit. Just like Parker not being a willing three-point shooter has only become a problem now that he isn't the focal point of the starting unit. When you are the guy, you aren't spacing the floor for other people; they're spacing the floor for you. And even though you may struggle with your release, teams will play tight on you if you're the first option. Obviously, we'd want him to shoot well and with a good release -- and it seems like he's made strides to that end -- but that's not his biggest concern.

He has no business playing SFs, too slow so he has to play dat PF position but he is lacking strenght which would put him in check against most starting PFs except some SFs playing PF for their team.

I think this has been shown to be overstated. He turned in a fine defensive year playing mostly as a small-forward. You don't have to be all that fast to guard front-court guys. Positioning and length are much more helpful, and Anderson have both in spades. He's certainly a risk as a full-time starting four, but he's not playing that role anyway. His high-post game is the perfect way to counter both smaller and bigger players

For the rest I'm quite astonished by the amount of hype and attention he is receiving by ST for a very quiet 2 first years with the Spurs.

He's shown more than Joseph had at the same time, especially defensively. Like Cory, he's one of those players who Manu makes worse. And at his size and skill, there's a ton to like. The fact that he looks so much better without Manu is plenty of reason to feel like the Spurs haven't seen the best he has to offer.

Brazil
09-19-2016, 12:28 PM
It's a problem if he isn't the first option in the second unit. Just like Parker not being a willing three-point shooter has only become a problem now that he isn't the focal point of the starting unit. When you are the guy, you aren't spacing the floor for other people; they're spacing the floor for you. And even though you may struggle with your release, teams will play tight on you if you're the first option. Obviously, we'd want him to shoot well and with a good release -- and it seems like he's made strides to that end -- but that's not his biggest concern.

I think this has been shown to be overstated. He turned in a fine defensive year playing mostly as a small-forward. You don't have to be all that fast to guard front-court guys. Positioning and length are much more helpful, and Anderson have both in spades. He's certainly a risk as a full-time starting four, but he's not playing that role anyway. His high-post game is the perfect way to counter both smaller and bigger players

He's shown more than Joseph had at the same time, especially defensively. Like Cory, he's one of those players who Manu makes worse. And at his size and skill, there's a ton to like. The fact that he looks so much better without Manu is plenty of reason to feel like the Spurs haven't seen the best he has to offer.

He was fine playing with most of the time bench guys, the RJs of the league... now and that I can agree with defensively he is doing better than expected, he uses quite his length. Nevertheless he has to settle somewhere and his shot is at PF imo.

I disagree that he has shown more than Joseph at the same age but I already made that comment anyway. I won't follow you either on the who Manu makes worse, I don't think it is correct especially in Cory case but I haven't seen any numbers on dat.

Chinook
09-19-2016, 12:56 PM
He was fine playing with most of the time bench guys, the RJs of the league... now and that I can agree with defensively he is doing better than expected, he uses quite his length. Nevertheless he has to settle somewhere and his shot is at PF imo.

Seeing as he's going to keep playing against bench guys, I think him being fine against them defensively is more than okay.

I disagree that he has shown more than Joseph at the same age but I already made that comment anyway. I won't follow you either on the who Manu makes worse, I don't think it is correct especially in Cory case but I haven't seen any numbers on dat.

There's a lot of retroactive support for Cory nowadays. Very few of us actually believed in his ability to excel as a lead guard. For the most part, he just played passively, and he couldn't shoot well enough to justify playing over Patty. In Toronto, his efficiency went down, but his actual impact increase significantly. If you look, his rate stats either held the same or went down in the larger role, but in watching the games, he played with energy and made smart, assertive decisions with the ball. In SA, he just couldn't get into rhythm.

Anderson is just like that, but he's better in damned near every way. He's bigger and a lot less raw than Cory was. And he spent years as an effective first option as opposed to Cory being a meh PG, so it's an even harder adjustment. Anyway, Anderson showed more defensively because he was able to affect a wider range with his size. He was also smart enough to anticipate the opponent to get steals in places where Cory was dead to rights. By the end of his fourth year, Joseph showed his ability to run an offense as the lead guard, but going into year three, he had nothing but a mostly promising summer league performance.

BillMc
09-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Yours and Brazil's feud is so strange. He's a good dude. I do think is sort of irrationally dislikes Anderson, but that's whatevs. We all have our favorites, and except for super classy posters like BillMc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16431) , we all have our least favorites.

Thanks for the props, my man. :toast Back at you!

Like everyone I have my favorites. With Timmy gone Manu is my guy, even though I have to admit his game has slipped. And my Latvian connection means I'm probably going to bitch if Pop doesn't play Bertans good minutes. I foresee me and SAGirl having a brouhaha over the backup SF/PF spot between KA and Davis. :lol:ihit (Just kidding, SAGirl).

As far as classy, my juvenile signature filled with animation and babes probably brings that down a notch or four. I really should grow up and ditch that stuff.:lol

To your point about Joseph in other posts. I remember that in (2013?) he had the backup position and it was Patty who was the one on the bench (waving his towel). I thought it was 2014 where Patty really got his role. Then Patty had the shoulder surgery and was out much of 2015. So, the two flip-flopped back and forth in the depth chart. Patty had the shooting advantage, he was on a sweet deal because he signed at a discount while injured, and he was also part of the LMA recruiting crew. So, Patty finally emerged as the one to stay. They were viewed as about even probably most of the time Patty and CJ were on the team. Or that's how I remember it. Also, I agree, Kyle can do things CJ never can because of his size and his ability to run an offense. Should be interesting to watch him develop! (Just not at the expense of Bertans! :lol)

Brazil
09-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Seeing as he's going to keep playing against bench guys, I think him being fine against them defensively is more than okay.

I never said otherwise, that's a bit of my point, defensively he is doing quite good actually but offensively he struggles... he may be great on isos and one on one but at the end his production in terms of playmaking and shooting is not there... at all. He defers too much, he is hesitant, he cannot hit the side of a barn most of the time. Fundation is here meaning not being a liability defensively against bench dudes now as for offensive production, he just sucks despite some niche here and there and some glimpses of a potential... worth the try... I guess. As for now he is a meh off the bench role player who is much worst on POs situation.

There's a lot of retroactive support for Cory nowadays. Very few of us actually believed in his ability to excel as a lead guard. For the most part, he just played passively, and he couldn't shoot well enough to justify playing over Patty. In Toronto, his efficiency went down, but his actual impact increase significantly. If you look, his rate stats either held the same or went down in the larger role, but in watching the games, he played with energy and made smart, assertive decisions with the ball. In SA, he just couldn't get into rhythm.

I'd say he is now a worst per 36 without Manu tbh... You said it, his efficiency went down and by a significant margin, per 36 he is still taking 10 FGAs and his assists and tov numbers are about the same. So Toronto has more or less the same player Spurs had playing 7 more minutes... with those 7 additional minutes his advanced stats went down by quite a lot actually (VORP, PER...).

So I'd say that playing without Manu and without Spurs system makes a less efficient and productive player. With Spurs he also played with energy and made a lot of smart decisions. After looking up a bit more I'd argue Manu was making a much better player than the contrary :lol

ps: I do understand when volume increase efficiency decrease... my point is more that I don't believe in your Manu makes Cory worst

Brazil
09-19-2016, 05:02 PM

Like everyone I have my favorites. With Timmy gone Manu is my guy, even though I have to admit his game has slipped. And my Latvian connection means I'm probably going to bitch if Pop doesn't play Bertans good minutes. I foresee me and SAGirl having a brouhaha over the backup SF/PF spot between KA and Davis. :lol:ihit (Just kidding, SAGirl).

As far as classy, my juvenile signature filled with animation and babes probably brings that down a notch or four. I really should grow up and ditch that stuff.:lol

To your point about Joseph in other posts. I remember that in (2013?) he had the backup position and it was Patty who was the one on the bench (waving his towel). I thought it was 2014 where Patty really got his role. Then Patty had the shoulder surgery and was out much of 2015. So, the two flip-flopped back and forth in the depth chart. Patty had the shooting advantage, he was on a sweet deal because he signed at a discount while injured, and he was also part of the LMA recruiting crew. So, Patty finally emerged as the one to stay. They were viewed as about even probably most of the time Patty and CJ were on the team. Or that's how I remember it. Also, I agree, Kyle can do things CJ never can because of his size and his ability to run an offense. Should be interesting to watch him develop! (Just not at the expense of Bertans! :lol)

Man you have an ally here !! I want badly Bertans to develop and offer an alternative !! of course it would be great material to troll a bit but it would be a good sign for Spurs... I will enjoy laughing like one would say :lol

Go Bertans Go !

TheGreatYacht
09-19-2016, 05:49 PM
and not even a very good one
I'd take the shittiest Zeller brother over this slow POS

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 03:17 AM
Again you don't understand difference between doing good on short stretches and doing good consistently. Let's hope you will enjoy laughing indeed, that would be a good news for the Spurs. So far I'm the one laughing at you because you are a player fan who would stop watching Spurs in case your boy is traded and last POs let's be honest he has been putrid on offense, his shooting was simply atrocious. For those 10 games he shot worst than Kobe Bryant, that's saying something

Oh and I love seeing people that started watching basketball 3 years ago going to the road of you don't watch games and focus on 2007 run... shhhh girl
Frankly he played 20 minutes per game from January on and played in 78 games. He started the season not shooting well but he also played very little then and took very few shots. He then played very well when the team needed him to, when Timmy, Kawhi, and Manu were injured and kept that up for the rest of the season. He gained confidence with playing time an improved through the season. He played better in the latter part of the season when the schedule was toughest than he did in the beginning bc he was practically a rookie, having played so little his first season an he needs playing time to find his rhythm. It's easy to see if you watched him and look up his stats.

In the playoffs he wasn't free to pick his spots. He was reduced to spotting up from 3 as others chucked to their hearts content. He took very few shots which makes it a very small sample and played a short enough amount of minutes that his role wasn't to score unless he had a good shot which didn't happen bc of the all out implosion by Pop and the bench but you know that. Others shot putrid as well whose role was to actually score. You can't ask someone to be consistent who is your tenth man and is not free to pick his shots or his role.

I am a fan but I admit that. Never argued different. you are a hater and cite Manu to argue he was made better by Manu when that was not true. If anything it didn't help. Then you argued he was inconsistent when he as practically a rookie getting adjusted to start and git better all through the season.

Every point you makes comes out flat, lacking and wrong. When I point it out you keep moving your points around. Then it's Girl this and that, emotional this and that, etc. Waste of time.

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 03:45 AM
Man you have an ally here !! I want badly Bertans to develop and offer an alternative !! of course it would be great material to troll a bit but it would be a good sign for Spurs... I will enjoy laughing like one would say :lol

Go Bertans Go !
Sign of a troll-hater: you only want Bertans to do well to troll.:sleep

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 03:59 AM
Yours and Brazil's feud is so strange. He's a good dude. I do think is sort of irrationally dislikes Anderson, but that's whatevs. We all have our favorites, and except for super classy posters like BillMc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16431) , we all have our least favorites.
Frankly disagree Brazil is a nice dude. He's sexist, intentionaly demeaning and puts stuff out there in ignorant fashion just to be provocative. Then when I call him out on it he gets on Daboom levels and starts an emoticon war that really only shows me his quality as a troll.
^^ sorry I had to laugh at myself bc the dude really works had to troll. :lol I have to give him credit.

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 04:15 AM

Feud won't happen bc I like Bertans, not more than Kyle, but we all have our favorites an unlike Brazil I am not in the habit of trolling fans of other players, or even trolling in general.

pookenstein
09-20-2016, 05:21 AM
...sexist, intentionaly demeaning and puts stuff out there in ignorant fashion just to be provocative.

That's ST in a nutshell these days...

Chinook
09-20-2016, 07:15 AM
I never said otherwise, that's a bit of my point, defensively he is doing quite good actually but offensively he struggles... he may be great on isos and one on one but at the end his production in terms of playmaking and shooting is not there... at all. He defers too much, he is hesitant, he cannot hit the side of a barn most of the time. Fundation is here meaning not being a liability defensively against bench dudes now as for offensive production, he just sucks despite some niche here and there and some glimpses of a potential... worth the try... I guess. As for now he is a meh off the bench role player who is much worst on POs situation.

I think we can all agree he looks better when he's the main guy with the ball, whether that is in summer league or in the regular season when the shot clock is running down and he can't defer. I also think we can all agree that the bench needs someone to take control of it now that Manu really can't anymore. Now it's just time to see if two and two can make four or if it's going to be all about Murray developing in a hurray.

I'd say he is now a worst per 36 without Manu tbh... You said it, his efficiency went down and by a significant margin, per 36 he is still taking 10 FGAs and his assists and tov numbers are about the same. So Toronto has more or less the same player Spurs had playing 7 more minutes... with those 7 additional minutes his advanced stats went down by quite a lot actually (VORP, PER...).

Yeah, that's his efficiency. His impact is how much he actually affects wins and losses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKkoA1fQcwM

So I'd say that playing without Manu and without Spurs system makes a less efficient and productive player. With Spurs he also played with energy and made a lot of smart decisions. After looking up a bit more I'd argue Manu was making a much better player than the contrary :lol

As you note in your postscript, you're going to be more efficient in a limited role unless you're just a sucky player like Kevin Martin or Jimmer. But that's not the only way to help an offense. For example, look at Cory's threes. He shot 55 percent of his threes from the corners as a Spur. That dropped to 31 percent last season. While corner threes are the most efficient jumpshot, wing threes provide better spacing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMudauro3u8

Start about about the 4:20 mark for the part on Joseph. A tentative CoJo might be more efficient, but an unleashed CoJo is just a different animal. It was like that Ibaka dunk, but instead of just a play here or there, it's all the time.

Chinook
09-20-2016, 07:36 AM
Frankly disagree Brazil is a nice dude. He's sexist, intentionaly demeaning and puts stuff out there in ignorant fashion just to be provocative. Then when I call him out on it he gets on Daboom levels and starts an emoticon war that really only shows me his quality as a troll.
^^ sorry I had to laugh at myself bc the dude really works had to troll. :lol I have to give him credit.

When you've been around ST long enough (and I mean longer than I have been here), you eventually become one of two types of posters. You either sort of fade into the background and only make a couple of mostly serious posts. You rarely have enemy posters, but you are almost an emeritus member. Those folks are like Mel, DPG and FromWayDowntown (though FWD does post in the political forum quite a bit). They're like site treasures.

Or you can become a poster like Baseline Bum or benefactor where you pretty much stop taking the site seriously and either troll or lose all sense of site etiquette in responding to people who you think are annoying. I think Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) is in that group.

Only one who successfully spans both groups is ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054), honestly. He manages to be a site treasure despite that fact that he's a very active poster and is no stranger to player fandom.

BillMc
09-20-2016, 08:41 AM
Feud won't happen bc I like Bertans, not more than Kyle, but we all have our favorites an unlike Brazil I am not in the habit of trolling fans of other players, or even trolling in general.

It was a joke. :)

Brazil
09-20-2016, 09:32 AM

:lol dat butt is hurting apparently

Not sure why you are saying I'm sexist. I use shhhh girl for males and females, it is probably the first or second time I use it to reply to a girl post. For those who are in this site long enough know that for instance I always backed up Duncan228 when she was attacked, so yeah... sexist.... try harder

For the rest and in a nutshell if you throw a punch to me (like I don't watch basketball onle 2007 Parker highlights) you must expect that I will come back at you with a stronger one. If this hurts your feeling better find another forum to talk about Kyle. This forum is spurstalk not ptr.

Finally don't think the world turns around you, saying Kyle sucks is not for trolling, it is exactly what I think even though I recognize his ceiling and potential. When Dabom talks shit about Parker, he is not saying that because he wants to hurt my feelings but because he doesn't like him and has some fun provoking. You should chill and stop responding at any posts with negative content about Kyle Anderson and enjoy the ride

Brazil
09-20-2016, 09:43 AM
When you've been around ST long enough (and I mean longer than I have been here), you eventually become one of two types of posters. You either sort of fade into the background and only make a couple of mostly serious posts. You rarely have enemy posters, but you are almost an emeritus member. Those folks are like Mel, DPG and FromWayDowntown (though FWD does post in the political forum quite a bit). They're like site treasures.

Or you can become a poster like Baseline Bum or benefactor where you pretty much stop taking the site seriously and either troll or lose all sense of site etiquette in responding to people who you think are annoying. I think Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) is in that group.

Only one who successfully spans both groups is ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054), honestly. He manages to be a site treasure despite that fact that he's a very active poster and is no stranger to player fandom.

I'm curious to know in what category you consider you are in even though I already have an idea

We have a nice and educated conversation about Cojo where it seems to me I take time to argue with you but at the same time I don't take the site seriously and I troll ?

Baseline, Bene, Dabom, Apo, Harlem, Thread... all those dudes are site treasures my man... this mix between civilized conversation and people stirring the pot is what makes this site unique. A lot of what you consider great bb discussions start with a provocation of those guys... but I let you distribute the little stars to ST contributors

Chinook
09-20-2016, 10:03 AM
I'm curious to know in what category you consider you are in even though I already have an idea

I don't think I am tenured enough. I wasn't here "when Spurstalk was good". I showed up the season that "It still hurts" happened. I definitely feel like I've taken a harder edge on this site as time went on. If I think a poster is bad, I often tell them so rather than trying to be diplomatic. I don't think I'll be a site treasure. I have a growing following of haters and have too strong of opinions to get to that point.

We have a nice and educated conversation about Cojo where it seems to me I take time to argue with you but at the same time I don't take the site seriously and I troll ?

I am not saying "Doesn't take the site seriously" as an insult. I mean that you don't act like you're writing a sports article for every post. If you think a player sucks, you'll say so without caring if their church calls you out. And yes, you'll like to have a bit of trolling fun with posters rather than just ignore them. That doesn't make you a bad poser, hence me trying to rationalize it to SAG. I don't see myself as much different from you, honestly. But since Green is an American, there isn't that nationalist angle like there is with Tony.

Baseline, Bene, Dabom, Apo, Harlem, Thread... all those dudes are site treasures my man... this mix between civilized conversation and people stirring the pot is what makes this site unique. A lot of what you consider great bb discussions start with a provocation of those guys... but I let you distribute the little stars to ST contributors

I like all of those guys except dabom, because he is pretty much the forum's soggy biscuit and only has emoticons to offer if he can't piggyback off Apa or Harlem. But even he is relatively easy to ignore.

My point isn't that you have good posters and bad posters. Bene in particular is a real dude in the NFL forum. It's that you have different personalities on ST and that some people either don't mind or actually want to rub you the wrong way. But for the most part, that doesn't make any of them bad posters. You aren't a bad poster. I pretty much said that explicitly in that post you quoted. But as the feud with SAG shows you aren't exactly the most diplomatic one either.

Brazil
09-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Frankly he played 20 minutes per game from January on and played in 78 games. He started the season not shooting well but he also played very little then and took very few shots. He then played very well when the team needed him to, when Timmy, Kawhi, and Manu were injured and kept that up for the rest of the season. He gained confidence with playing time an improved through the season. He played better in the latter part of the season when the schedule was toughest than he did in the beginning bc he was practically a rookie, having played so little his first season an he needs playing time to find his rhythm. It's easy to see if you watched him and look up his stats.

In the playoffs he wasn't free to pick his spots. He was reduced to spotting up from 3 as others chucked to their hearts content. He took very few shots which makes it a very small sample and played a short enough amount of minutes that his role wasn't to score unless he had a good shot which didn't happen bc of the all out implosion by Pop and the bench but you know that. Others shot putrid as well whose role was to actually score. You can't ask someone to be consistent who is your tenth man and is not free to pick his shots or his role.

I am a fan but I admit that. Never argued different. you are a hater and cite Manu to argue he was made better by Manu when that was not true. If anything it didn't help. Then you argued he was inconsistent when he as practically a rookie getting adjusted to start and git better all through the season.

Every point you makes comes out flat, lacking and wrong. When I point it out you keep moving your points around. Then it's Girl this and that, emotional this and that, etc. Waste of time.

Every point you make is point of view, opinion and just that... you don't back anything up with data. You are heavily biased and don't realize it. I just post facts.

You think Kyle was better at 22 than Cory, I don't think so and showed data for backing up my point.

Now let's have a look at another one of your opinion: "He started the season not shooting well but he also played very little then and took very few shots. He then played very well when the team needed him to". Correct me if I'm wrong but your point is he had inconsistent PT to start the season and did not shoot well for basically rythm issue but then he improved, I believe you implied he improved also his shooting.

Let's see facts then... for 15/16 season he shot .468. Now from January 1st he played 41 games out of 42 possible, during this span he took 199 shots and made 90 of them that's .452. Now you gonna tell me yeah but ok let's look from March 43/98 thats .438. yeah but ? April then... thats .47

Basically what we all already know is he had a solid month of April, I recognize that.... .47 shooting is not bad not spectacular either since he played 1/3 of his time PF so near the basket. This is this month that gives you hope a 7 games span. So a homer will see that as the proof of how great he will become a realist will see that as too short too little to draw any conclusions especially when followed by 10 putrid POs games.

Sorry also but I don't buy your excuses about POs and being put in not ideal conditions... welcome to the NBA SAGirl... most of the players of the NBA have to adapt and find ways to contributes even if they are not put in ideal conditions... that's the nature of the beast, take the opportunity, contribute and deliver in the 5 minutes divided in 4 you have... if you can't do you are not NBA material. Summer leagues, D Leagues etc are for babysitting not the NBA

Brazil
09-20-2016, 10:11 AM
I don't think I am tenured enough. I wasn't here "when Spurstalk was good". I showed up the season that "It still hurts" happened. I definitely feel like I've taken a harder edge on this site as time went on. If I think a poster is bad, I often tell them so rather than trying to be diplomatic. I don't think I'll be a site treasure. I have a growing following of haters and have too strong of opinions to get to that point.

I am not saying "Doesn't take the site seriously" as an insult. I mean that you don't act like you're writing a sports article for every post. If you think a player sucks, you'll say so without caring if their church calls you out. And yes, you'll like to have a bit of trolling fun with posters rather than just ignore them. That doesn't make you a bad poser, hence me trying to rationalize it to SAG. I don't see myself as much different from you, honestly. But since Green is an American, there isn't that nationalist angle like there is with Tony.

I like all of those guys except dabom, because he is pretty much the forum's soggy biscuit and only has emoticons to offer if he can't piggyback off Apa or Harlem. But even he is relatively easy to ignore.

My point isn't that you have good posters and bad posters. Bene in particular is a real dude in the NFL forum. It's that you have different personalities on ST and that some people either don't mind or actually want to rub you the wrong way. But for the most part, that doesn't make any of them bad posters. You aren't a bad poster. I pretty much said that explicitly in that post you quoted. But as the feud with SAG shows you aren't exactly the most diplomatic one either.

thanks for taking the time for clearing up your previous post

I consider I'm heavily diplomatic with SAGirl tbh If you consider Dabom the least diplomatic, he is a 0 out of 10 in terms of diplomacy, I'm probably at a good 9 and compared to site average a solid 6 imho.

Chinook
09-20-2016, 10:30 AM
Let's see facts then... for 15/16 season he shot .468. Now from January 1st he played 41 games out of 42 possible, during this span he took 199 shots and made 90 of them that's .452. Now you gonna tell me yeah but ok let's look from March 43/98 thats .438. yeah but ? April then... thats .47

I do think your point is valid, but I also think a better split to consider is the splits based on minutes played rather than how late in the season it was. Throughout his career, Anderson's most efficient games seem to come when he gets between 20 and 29 minutes per game (averaging out to about 24mpg). In those games, his TS% was about 61. That's very strong, and his per-36 numbers of 11/6/3 are certainly encouraging. Above and below that threshold, he's under 50 in TS% and is actually a net-negative in terms of ORtg and DRtg. In that sweet spot, he's actually a huge positive -- based mostly on his high ORtg of 112. And mind you, this is in 23/111 games. So it's enough of a sample size to be intrigued, even if it's not a sure thing.

Again, just too many signs to ignore for me. Dude has sixth man written all over him.

Brazil
09-20-2016, 11:41 AM
I do think your point is valid, but I also think a better split to consider is the splits based on minutes played rather than how late in the season it was. Throughout his career, Anderson's most efficient games seem to come when he gets between 20 and 29 minutes per game (averaging out to about 24mpg). In those games, his TS% was about 61. That's very strong, and his per-36 numbers of 11/6/3 are certainly encouraging. Above and below that threshold, he's under 50 in TS% and is actually a net-negative in terms of ORtg and DRtg. In that sweet spot, he's actually a huge positive -- based mostly on his high ORtg of 112. And mind you, this is in 23/111 games. So it's enough of a sample size to be intrigued, even if it's not a sure thing.

Again, just too many signs to ignore for me. Dude has sixth man written all over him.

Valid point. I was looking into it and what is interesting in that half of those games were against > .500 teams so not flukish

I would counter argue two things tho:

1) In POs he had 2 games with more than 20 mn and results were atrocious... 3/8 shooting and +3 when team had +53. now you could put that on garbage time effect even though it should give opp to actually improve his numbers. He had 6 games with more than 14 mn... why 14 mn ? because other 4 did not break 8 mn. In those games he was bad also.

2) As I said in a previous post, he has to learn to produce even when he is used sporadically ffs. So overall you have to give him significant PT in his 3rd year (around 20 mn), give him the ball and pray it will work out in POs when info you have so far is that he has terrible in POs. That's quite a bet to make if you consider yourself a contender. If you are in rebuilding mode why not but when you have kawhi hitting his prime in your roster you probably play to win it all. I don't remember who said that but yes that's sixth man material in a young team building up for the future not for a contending team imho. In a nutshell he has to adapt to what team needs not the other way around again imho without any sexism involved

Brazil
09-20-2016, 11:49 AM
^ just a complementary comment... I prefer having this kind of discussion where numbers are put on the table, it offers another angle, you learn stuff and logic backed up by data makes conversation healthy. I prefer that to wall of text with just opinions and feelings and the way I see things. Nobody will ever convince me that their opinion is better than mine (duh) now if you put logic and numbers I will certainly listen.

Chinook
09-20-2016, 12:03 PM
Valid point. I was looking into it and what is interesting in that half of those games were against > .500 teams so not flukish

I would counter argue two things tho:

1) In POs he had 2 games with more than 20 mn and results were atrocious... 3/8 shooting and +3 when team had +53. now you could put that on garbage time effect even though it should give opp to actually improve his numbers. He had 6 games with more than 14 mn... why 14 mn ? because other 4 did not break 8 mn. In those games he was bad also.

I don't think shooting eight times in two games is a sign of Anderson having the trust and correct mindset. I know that's some of your point, and as I've said, I don't disagree with that. Part of Pop's job -- and probably his most important job this season -- is to get the most out of his guys. That means he has to do whatever he has to to get Kyle to play aggressively, even if he has to hypnotize him into believing he's better than he is. Pop obviously talked up Kawhi quite a bit before the dude's offensive game caught up to the hype. And he talked up Simmons quite a bit even though that dude's a scrub.

2) As I said in a previous post, he has to learn to produce even when he is used sporadically ffs. So overall you have to give him significant PT in his 3rd year (around 20 mn), give him the ball and pray it will work out in POs when info you have so far is that he has terrible in POs. That's quite a bet to make if you consider yourself a contender. If you are in rebuilding mode why not but when you have kawhi hitting his prime in your roster you probably play to win it all. I don't remember who said that but yes that's sixth man material in a young team building up for the future not for a contending team imho. In a nutshell he has to adapt to what team needs not the other way around again imho without any sexism involved

You don't have 20 years of success by having a strong distinction between rebuilding and contending. Trading Hill and not trading Green for Josh Howard is an example of that. The Spurs aren't strong contenders without a bench focal point and another go-to scorer. Going with Patty, Lee or Old Manu just isn't good enough to desire. The upside of having Anderson fulfill his potential is just immense. Like, literally, the Warriors couldn't guard the Spurs if they could run a ______ Leonard, Anderson, Aldridge _________ unit. It's just too big and too skilled, especially if you add in Gasol and Green as the other two players or bring in Bertans or Mills for some shooting.

As of right now, the Spurs would have to hope that BOTH Manu and Tony play at an above-average level for them to be able to beat the Warriors. And given the last two seasons, that's at least as big of a fantasy as hoping Anderson steps up.

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 12:12 PM
It was a joke. :)
I know Bill but don't have a sense if humor about this trolling.

Brazil
09-20-2016, 12:18 PM
I don't think shooting eight times in two games is a sign of Anderson having the trust and correct mindset. I know that's some of your point, and as I've said, I don't disagree with that. Part of Pop's job -- and probably his most important job this season -- is to get the most out of his guys. That means he has to do whatever he has to to get Kyle to play aggressively, even if he has to hypnotize him into believing he's better than he is. Pop obviously talked up Kawhi quite a bit before the dude's offensive game caught up to the hype. And he talked up Simmons quite a bit even though that dude's a scrub.

You don't have 20 years of success by having a strong distinction between rebuilding and contending. Trading Hill and not trading Green for Josh Howard is an example of that. The Spurs aren't strong contenders without a bench focal point and another go-to scorer. Going with Patty, Lee or Old Manu just isn't good enough to desire. The upside of having Anderson fulfill his potential is just immense. Like, literally, the Warriors couldn't guard the Spurs if they could run a ______ Leonard, Anderson, Aldridge _________ unit. It's just too big and too skilled, especially if you add in Gasol and Green as the other two players or bring in Bertans or Mills for some shooting.

As of right now, the Spurs would have to hope that BOTH Manu and Tony play at an above-average level for them to be able to beat the Warriors. And given the last two seasons, that's at least as big of a fantasy as hoping Anderson steps up.

fair enough bro

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 12:19 PM
:lol dat butt is hurting apparently

Not sure why you are saying I'm sexist. I use shhhh girl for males and females, it is probably the first or second time I use it to reply to a girl post. For those who are in this site long enough know that for instance I always backed up Duncan228 when she was attacked, so yeah... sexist.... try harder

For the rest and in a nutshell if you throw a punch to me (like I don't watch basketball onle 2007 Parker highlights) you must expect that I will come back at you with a stronger one. If this hurts your feeling better find another forum to talk about Kyle. This forum is spurstalk not ptr.

Finally don't think the world turns around you, saying Kyle sucks is not for trolling, it is exactly what I think even though I recognize his ceiling and potential. When Dabom talks shit about Parker, he is not saying that because he wants to hurt my feelings but because he doesn't like him and has some fun provoking. You should chill and stop responding at any posts with negative content about Kyle Anderson and enjoy the ride
I will just stop caring entirely about you. Token answer.

Brazil
09-20-2016, 12:36 PM
I will just stop caring entirely about your bullshit. Token answer.

If you think my reference to you just watching Tony was a troll job lol. I wasn't even trying. I think you are getting emo all the time and are a waste if my time to chat with. It's not in my interest to continue this feud bc it's really tiresome at this point. I am sure it will come up all the time so whatever.

your post does not make any sense. So you were trolling I'm trolling we both trolling each other and I'm the emo even though you are the one who don't want to talk to me anymore :lol

look at chinook posts, I give numbers, he gives numbers, we discuss numbers and end the discussion while learning a bit of stuff in the process. But you seem to not learn anything through this process, not everybody in the world will interact with you the way you want them to and sometimes you won't have the choice other than dealing with it.

I started to post here for two reasons: news about Spurs and get better in English while reading and writting about stuff I like. In the process I learned quite a bit about NBA and BB in general while enjoying the ST harsh way. You started watching bb 3 years ago and post here for what ? 2 years... I'm pretty sure you can learn stuff even from an asshole like me.

Now indeed stop engaging me if you can't handle it, come back when you are

Chinook
09-20-2016, 12:40 PM
Like I said, just strange...

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 12:42 PM
your post does not make any sense. So you were trolling I'm trolling we both trolling each other and I'm the emo even though you are the one who don't want to talk to me anymore :lol

look at chinook posts, I give numbers, he gives numbers, we discuss numbers and end the discussion while learning a bit of stuff in the process. But you seem to not learn anything through this process, not everybody in the world will interact with you the way you want them to and sometimes you won't have the choice other than dealing with it.

I started to post here for two reasons: news about Spurs and get better in English while reading and writting about stuff I like. In the process I learned quite a bit about NBA and BB in general while enjoying the ST harsh way. You started watching bb 3 years ago and post here for what ? 2 years... I'm pretty sure you can learn stuff even from an asshole like me.

Now indeed stop engaging me if you can't handle it, come back when you are
I am really tired of this by this point. I will post whatever I want where I want like everybody, but I am tired enough of this to. Not give you any kind of response that will be worth it fir you either at this point. Take it however you want. You want to think you have won, fine, you want to think I am butthurt fine. I frankly don't care about this particular feud. I will enjoy the season regardless. I am sure I will be my usual self and you be you, but I probably won't respond to you bc you have gotten to the point where I am tired of your schtick.

Girl.

Brazil
09-20-2016, 01:01 PM
I am really tired of this by this point. I will post whatever I want where I want like everybody, but I am tired enough of this to. Not give you any kind of response that will be worth it fir you either at this point. Take it however you want. You want to think you have won, fine, you want to think I am butthurt fine. I frankly don't care about this particular feud. I will enjoy the season regardless. I am sure I will be my usual self and you be you, but I probably won't respond to you bc you have gotten to the point where I am tired of your schtick.

Girl.

:rolleyes

You said that already 100 times girl now act you mean it and stop responding to me, quite simple.

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Like I said, just strange...
Frankly I am tired of him. He's entitled to his opinion and I will just let him be. Brazil can't chat at this point without some bullying which brings out my worst instincts. It's not something I want to get into with him further and so I will just let him be.

Chinook
09-20-2016, 01:21 PM
Frankly I am tired of him. He's entitled to his opinion and I will just let him be. Brazil can't chat at this point without some bullying which brings out my worst instincts. It's not something I want to get into with him further and so I will just let him be.

The thing is, Anderson either will or won't succeed. And that's not going to be based on anything that's said here. You could make the most brilliant argument, and Brazil could be completely convinced by it only for Kyle to lay an egg. Or the opposite could happen. And when that time comes, one side is going to have to admit defeat, and the ST world will go on.

I remember when Harlem was a huge Green hater, and he and I used to go back and forth on his merits. Now look at him. He's responsible for the nickname LDN. I'm sure Brazil would be the same way with Anderson if the time came. And I was a big defender of Ayres back in the first year of signing him, even thought he could be a starter. Look how that worked out.

Just can't take it too seriously and get to a point where you're trading actual insults with a person if that's not what you want to do. And it's really easy to extricate yourself from the situations. Just stop responding, and after a couple of times, all but the biggest assholes will realize that the game's over and stop going at you. Just stop trying to get in the last "Well I'm really not going to keep talking to you." post and just move on for a bit. Even if you talk about non-Anderson subjects with Brazil, I'm sure it will be fine.

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 02:01 PM
The thing is, Anderson either will or won't succeed. And that's not going to be based on anything that's said here. You could make the most brilliant argument, and Brazil could be completely convinced by it only for Kyle to lay an egg. Or the opposite could happen. And when that time comes, one side is going to have to admit defeat, and the ST world will go on.

I want him to play well and help the team bc I like his game. It's not about me being right, so I will enjoy good games without a need for acknowledgment from anybody and I still stick around when he was sucking, as everyone knows bc I visit regularly. And every Spurs player will occasionally have the stinker game, or two, it's inescapable. Got to move on to the next one.

I said I would uncharacteristically probably enjoy some gloating bc Brazil had gone so far out to make the case dude was shit. He's now come down to be more reasonable bc he's been persuaded to some degree. That's as good as it's ever going to get. Everyone has one or two payers that are not your cup of tea and I have to respect that about Brazil and him not liking him, same way I do with Nono, who also doesn't like him. Nono never got into bullying like Brazil though. But regardless once it got to the point where every chat with Brazil devolved into some mild bullying it was time to move on. I tire of it too easily and I am probably too polite in real life to derive enjoyment from that, which makes me snappy I guess.

I remember when Harlem was a huge Green hater, and he and I used to go back and forth on his merits. Now look at him. He's responsible for the nickname LDN. I'm sure Brazil would be the same way with Anderson if the time came. And I was a big defender of Ayres back in the first year of signing him, even thought he could be a starter. Look how that worked out.

Ayers is to me like Bonner to Nono I guess. He's the one guy (and I am recent fan as everyone knows, never knew the days of Richard Jefferson for example) that I truly disliked. Truly genuinely disliked this dude. I mean it wasn't just that he was a less than average player bc there was Daye there too. It was his on court demeanor, his clapping. He was noisy and yea played with passion but in a way that you couldn't ignore the fact he was on the court bc he was that noticeable. All of this, for an end of the bench player. Daye was the most awkward looking dude in comparison, another less than average player, one could argue worse than Ayers, but he blended in and wasn't noticeable unless you focused on him. It's a personal dislike I guess. I wasn't around to see you argue in favor of Ayers but I probably would have laughed a little.

There is no one in the current Spurs that evokes the Ayers feeling in me. Last season's team was truly delightful. Even all the end of the bench players were pleasant to see play.

Just can't take it too seriously and get to a point where you're trading actual insults with a person if that's not what you want to do. And it's really easy to extricate yourself from the situations. Just stop responding, and after a couple of times, all but the biggest assholes will realize that the game's over and stop going at you. Just stop trying to get in the last "Well I'm really not going to keep talking to you." post and just move on for a bit. Even if you talk about non-Anderson subjects with Brazil, I'm sure it will be fine.
Will do. I stopped caring about chatting about any Anderson related subjects with Brazil at some point here, and thus my responses stopped being anything interesting or worthy of any time for me or him to read. It was a sign to move on.

ElNono
09-20-2016, 03:48 PM

I feel like I'm a mediocre poster compared to greats like Mel or FWD, that's very active mostly because I'm a big fan (not that they're not), probably 75% of my postcount is on game threads alone. Now, how do you rank mediocrity in this site is a good question :lol

I do like to contribute here and there to the site, because there's all sorts of audience here, which I think was always a strength. I've even given thought to stop small contributions like the translations (which are time consuming and more than once made me wonder: who cares, right?), but then I think it's worthwhile for some people, and it's one way for me to pay homage to the Spurs and this legendary site.

I am opinionated, and well, this is exactly the place to be that. Ultimately, anybody that's not here for entertainment (and that comes in many flavors), they're in the wrong place, IMO.

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 09:13 PM
I feel like I'm a mediocre poster compared to greats like Mel or FWD, that's very active mostly because I'm a big fan (not that they're not), probably 75% of my postcount is on game threads alone. Now, how do you rank mediocrity in this site is a good question :lol

I do like to contribute here and there to the site, because there's all sorts of audience here, which I think was always a strength. I've even given thought to stop small contributions like the translations (which are time consuming and more than once made me wonder: who cares, right?), but then I think it's worthwhile for some people, and it's one way for me to pay homage to the Spurs and this legendary site.

I am opinionated, and well, this is exactly the place to be that. Ultimately, anybody that's not here for entertainment (and that comes in many flavors), they're in the wrong place, IMO.

Appreciate the translations though I personally don't need them. We each contribute some way. I try to contribute sharing some tweet feeds and updates where I find them. Translations are time consuming indeed.

SAGirl
09-21-2016, 03:16 AM
I have to say for whoever wonders into this pathetic thread that I got worn out not on the subject of Anderson, but with the bullying of me the person. Got fed up I guess.

StrengthAndHonor
09-21-2016, 09:30 AM
I have to say for whoever wonders into this pathetic thread that I got worn out not on the subject of Anderson, but with the bullying of me the person. Got fed up I guess.
Keep your chin up :)

Brazil
09-21-2016, 04:04 PM
Ultimately, anybody that's not here for entertainment (and that comes in many flavors), they're in the wrong place, IMO.

tbh fwiw

Splits
09-21-2016, 09:53 PM

If you wanna really get worn out, PM me.

SAGirl
09-22-2016, 01:03 PM
If you wanna really get worn out, PM me.
See you are easy to tune out bc this is your thing. It's like the 10th time something like this was thrown way. There are too many sexy girls in guys signatures I get it. There are more online. Go on, get going.

I. Hustle
09-22-2016, 01:18 PM

If you really wanna get fed up, PM me.

SAGirl
09-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Same as above. Seriously, get goin.

I. Hustle
09-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Same as above. Seriously, get goin.

Like... get goin on you?

I mean.. if you really wanna get goin....

Splits
09-22-2016, 05:27 PM
If you really wanna get fed up, PM me.

ambchang
09-22-2016, 07:53 PM
Since when is sexual harassment funny? Are you guys so starved that you are trying to hit on someone with a username with the word girl in there?

I thought you guys pull in $200k a yeah and bag super models.

Chinook
09-23-2016, 06:50 AM
To be fair, the "bend over, I'll show you" meme is pretty prevalent on the NBA Forum, and it's not used to target female posters 99 percent of the time.