PDA

View Full Version : Hackers take down drudge and other right leaning sites

Vashner
10-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Hackers take down drudge and other right leaning sites.

Well looks like someone has pulled off a huge denial of service attack on multiple right wing websites. Including the popular Drudge Report.

Ok well that's just the rumor circulating now on a few blogs...

mookie2001
10-05-2005, 08:10 PM
que lastima...

Vashner
10-05-2005, 08:13 PM
ellos generalmente lo fijan más rápido

Nbadan
10-06-2005, 01:37 AM
Drudge! aye que lastima' Adonde estava Nbadan?

:hat

Vashner
10-06-2005, 08:43 AM
I found out more info. http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/68174

MannyIsGod
10-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Drudge! aye que lastima' Adonde estava Nbadan?

:hat
:lol

Murphy
10-06-2005, 09:06 AM
ahhh yes, the liberals are at their temper tantrum again, pretty sad, the only thing they do is hack right wing websites.

Hook Dem
10-06-2005, 09:12 AM
I started noticing problems yesterday and Roadrunner better get this fixed quick or they are gonna lose a lot of customers.

xrayzebra
10-06-2005, 09:45 AM
I started noticing problems yesterday and Roadrunner better get this fixed quick or they are gonna lose a lot of customers.

I am not sure rr is the problem, but I did have problems with my rr lite, suppose to be close to DSL, Tech Support informed me that they don't
guarantee any speed on the rr lite. I told them, guess you just want the
money and to hell with customer. Unfortunately I cant get SBC DSL at my present address.

Anyhow, love the response from our friends from the left who are laffing at
Drudge and other sites. Wonder how loud their howls would have been had it been Moveon.org? Don't you just love they way they love to take down those who show you what others are saying. If they lefties don't say it, it just isn't worth hearing, according to the Libs.

MannyIsGod
10-06-2005, 09:48 AM
ahhh yes, the liberals are at their temper tantrum again, pretty sad, the only thing they do is hack right wing websites.
Ah yes, those damn liberal hackers. Always spreading disaster in the sad little wake.

Nbadan
10-06-2005, 12:30 PM
It's router wars, not hackers...

Here's a transcript of the chat with a Road Runner analyst...

Nichola C> This is due to a high level network restructuring and sites that are hosted on the affected network should become available again when the restructuring is complete. It is not on the Road Runner servers but is affecting routing for many ISP's, including Road Runner. At this time, we are unaware of an estimated time of repair. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Nichola C> Here are some recent news articles regarding the issues:
http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/05/10/05/2247207.sh...
http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/68174
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/06/level3_cogent /

GR> So this is a "war"?

Nichola C> It depends on your own interpretations of the dispute between the two companies.

GR> well I urge you to settle the dispute and start providing full service....I am of course paying for full service so expect it every day...Respectfully...

Nichola C> We cannot settle the dispute ourselves, no.

Nichola C> It is between Cogent and Level 3.

GR> I think you also owed your users a "heads up" on this without me having to ask...

Nichola C> It is affecting millions of people.

Nichola C> So communicating with all affected would be difficult to say the least.

GR> Well you have my e-mail and all the other customers I assume...

GR> So you don't know when it will be settled and you have no control over it?

GR> Can you seek other service alternatives?

Nichola C> It is of too great a scope.

Nichola C> We have not been made aware of a resoution time.

GeneRardin> well thanks for the info...but I hope it is fixed soon...

Nichola C> Are there any other technical issues we may assist you with?

GR> no thank you...

Nichola C> If you have no further issues that we can assist you with, you may end the chat session by clicking on the "X" button and a chat transcript will be displayed for you. Once again thank you for choosing Road Runner!

In an ongoing effort to continue improving our quality of service, we are conducting a customer survey. If you would like to participate, please copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://csat.rr.com/chatsurvey.html . Have a great day!

Nichola C> Analyst has closed chat and left the room

We are experiencing higher than usual service times. Please wait and an analyst will be with you shortly.

analyst Nichola C has left room

Hook Dem
10-06-2005, 12:47 PM
You are correct Dan! It's like everything else. It's about "money".

Shelly
10-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I'm still having problems with websites that host pictures with photobucket and boomspeed, etc.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2005, 12:49 PM
I had to read a goddam book last night.

I blame Bush.

Hook Dem
10-06-2005, 12:50 PM
I had to read a goddam book last night.

I blame Bush.
:lol

MannyIsGod
10-06-2005, 12:51 PM
That explains why I can't access Wunderground.com from work but perfectly fine at home. This is pretty shitty.

Hook Dem
10-06-2005, 12:52 PM
That explains why I can't access Wunderground.com from work but perfectly fine at home. This is pretty shitty.
I've got the same problem Manny!

xrayzebra
10-06-2005, 02:18 PM
An article I found:

Network feud leads to Net blackout

By John Borland
http://news.com.com/Network+feud+leads+to+Net+blackout/2100-1038_3-5889592.html

Story last modified Wed Oct 05 17:00:00 PDT 2005

Two major Internet backbone companies are feuding, potentially cutting off significant swaths of the Internet for some of each other's customers.
On Wednesday, network company Level 3 Communications cut off its direct "peering" connections to another big network company called Cogent Communications. That technical action means that some customers on each company's network now will find it impossible, or slower, to get to Web sites on the other company's network.

William Steele, a senior network engineer for Syncro Services, said his company noticed the problem Wednesday morning.

"There are some people I can't send an e-mail to," Steele said. "At home, I have Road Runner as an ISP, and wasn't even able to remotely connect in order to manage our servers."

"Peering" arrangements are maintained by network companies that agree to connect their networks directly together to exchange traffic more efficiently. When the companies are of roughly equal size, money rarely exchanges hands.

Level 3 contends that its arrangement with Cogent is no longer financially viable, since it is larger than the other company. It has asked Cogent to seek other arrangements, possibly including paying for the traffic exchange, a Level 3 representative said.

Cogent CEO Dave Schaeffer contested that claim, saying that its network is at least as big as Level 3's, and that it makes no sense to pay for the connection. Cogent is offering any Level 3 user who can't get to Cogent sites free Internet service for a year, in an attempt to attract its rival's customers.

Previous Next "Our goal is to have this problem go away, whether through Level 3 reconsidering or their customers coming to us," Schaeffer said.

The Level 3 representative said the company was unlikely to reconsider its position, however.

The problem is likely to affect only a small number of each company's customers. Many network company customers have several connections to the Internet and can use an alternate connection to reach a site that might otherwise be blocked.

A similar Net blackout happened in 2001, when Cable & Wireless and PSINet were embroiled in a billing dispute.

Co

SpursWoman
10-06-2005, 05:58 PM
I have RR and have had no problems, either at home or at work. :fro

Hook Dem
10-06-2005, 06:02 PM
I have RR and have had no problems, either at home or at work. :fro
You will if you try to go to some sites like wunderground which is where we get hurricane info from. There are others also. You just haven't noticed it yet. I'm on RR also.