PDA

View Full Version : This season, Spurs should make a retirmenet tour for Manu..imo.

apalisoc_9
09-10-2016, 12:20 AM
Possibly the most popular player spur ever and easily a top 2 international player of all time in popularity. Id actualy argue that he is the most popular. Such a character. They should play manu videos in away games..and shower him with praise in home games..just like kobe, imo.

Wouldnt mind if TD was given one last year too. Him and TD are trully deservin, imo

It wont be like Kobe or anything..But just an effort to play him 15+ minutes for fans sake and if its a blowout, have manu do whatever the hell he wants...

Not going to take away anything at a possible championship...

Manu deserves this.

ducks
09-10-2016, 12:42 AM
Hell no
Duncan meant more to Spurs then him and they did not do it
If they do it they have to for tp

spurs10
09-10-2016, 12:43 AM
Possibly the most popular player spur ever and easily a top 2 international player of all time in popularity. Id actualy argue that he is the most popular. Such a character. They should play manu videos in away games..and shower him with praise in home games..just like kobe, imo.

Wouldnt mind if TD was given one last year too. Him and TD are trully deservin, imo

It wont be like Kobe or anything..But just an effort to play him 15+ minutes for fans sake and if its a blowout, have manu do whatever the hell he wants...

Not going to take away anything at a possible championship...

Manu deserves this. I get what you are saying and why, but Manu is the type of player that doesn't care if he's benched when he's one play away from a triple double. He is the ultimate competitor and team player that would feel all that is a distraction to the game at hand.

Deserving? Of course. Willing or Interested? I doubt it. For me every game will be like a retirement tour and victory lap without the hype.

ducks
09-10-2016, 12:43 AM
And why would the Spurs do it when he flirted to go to Denver and as a fa and this offseason to the lowly sixers for money and made them give him more

ElNono
09-10-2016, 12:48 AM
He's not about that, despite that it's probably well deserved, tbh...

He got a thank you contract from the organization, and legit Spurs fans know what he's always meant to the franchise.

Plus he's been celebrating for a while now, tossing game balls to the third row occasionally. What a guy.

apalisoc_9
09-10-2016, 12:50 AM
Hell no
Duncan meant more to Spurs then him and they did not do it
If they do it they have to for tp

Of course Duncan meant more..but Ginobili was way more popular. He was the exciting spur if that makes sense. Heck even players like Harden have Manu as their favourite player of all times.

He's also a legend for all spanish talking fans. He deserves a retirement tour. He made the spurs millions of dollars tbh and truly internationalized the spur.

He was imo the most popular spur from 2004-2008. In two champio ships.

dabom
09-10-2016, 01:08 AM
Hell yes.

Spurtacular
09-10-2016, 01:25 AM
If Manu announces that he is retiring after this season, then this could be a pertinent subject. As yet, he has not done so.

spurraider21
09-10-2016, 04:19 AM
hopefully parker gets a retirement tour this season too tbh :lol

DeRozan m8
09-10-2016, 04:21 AM
Retirement tours are the worst

kobyz
09-10-2016, 05:41 AM
op such a vanilla fan...

MultiTroll
09-10-2016, 07:49 AM
An Attention Whore tour? For a Spur in the Timmy Duncs era?
:lol GTFO.

Besides the outrage it would cause since Bonner was not given one*.

*yet

tbdog
09-10-2016, 08:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxIcd78LFBo

Me thinks that Manu doesn't want a special send off.

RD2191
09-10-2016, 08:37 AM

Fuckin gangstas TBH.

Spurtacular
09-10-2016, 08:41 AM
hopefully parker gets a retirement tour this season too tbh :lol

How come chump didn't get a retirement tour?

SPURt
09-10-2016, 09:13 AM

That poor girl didn't do enough research to even have a surface level understanding of Tim and Manu lol!

tbdog
09-10-2016, 09:37 AM
That poor girl didn't do enough research to even have a surface level understanding of Tim and Manu lol!

That moment when normal people don't really care about celebrities, and family matters the most.

K...
09-10-2016, 09:42 AM
They'll be using "el loco Manu gran papa de season tickets sales" for years to sell tickets. You're gonna be sick of these videos.

Believe me, those sales execs know among the big three who the fan favorite is.

spurraider21
09-10-2016, 12:50 PM
How come chump didn't get a retirement tour?
why do you keep asking me about chump? like i said, he died at pulse nightlcub, didnt exactly have a farewell tour

RD2191
09-10-2016, 01:04 PM
why do you keep asking me about chump? like i said, he died at pulse nightlcub, didnt exactly have a farewell tour

:lmao

houston spurs fan
09-10-2016, 04:21 PM
OP obviously needs an education on the Spurs culture. Trolling per par. Obvious Laker fan

SAGirl
09-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Not his thing. Probably doesn't even want it either, but like Tim will get asked about it, will deny its the last season, still get standing ovations, etc. It would be better to hope he's healthy all season and playing well so everyone who buys tickets with the intention of seeing him play do get to see him play.

Canyonero
09-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Manu isn't that type of guy tbh. Just a quiet goodbye.

Kawhitstorm
09-10-2016, 09:03 PM
He already had a summer long retirement tour.:wakeup