PDA

View Full Version : when will a non-euro country win the world cup?

dfens
09-10-2016, 03:12 PM
simple question. please provide a logical explanation
Keep in mind that '18 is in russia, '22 in qatar (BRIBESSS :lol) , '26 and '30 most probably in europe/usa so classical non-euro contenders won't have it easy
also keep in mind that messi isn't getting any younger and that brasil is a dumpster fire in terms of talent.

I say no earlier than '34. Why?
Russia '18 is obviously shaping up to be a euro affair (strong euro teams, messi older, brasil awol)
qatar '22 will try to help the hand that gave them the wc ... talk about corruption all you want, we all know what's up in this case. Messi will be retired and brasil are showing nothing in terms of youth right now.
'26/'30 will probably be in europe/usa and euros do really well at home/usa.

I think '34 will be the year when a new brasil generation emerges, built from the ground up (the generation that is now growing up with 7-1) and they'll contend again.
Also once every 20-25 years or so some argie kid can dribble past an entire team before succumbing to drugs/tax evasion and crime/poor taste tats and haircuts and gold diggers :lol

what do you think sons?

apalisoc_9
09-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Argentina should be able to compete at a really high level in 18. ..

Canyonero
09-10-2016, 04:53 PM
2030 is Argentina/Uruguay

ElNono
09-10-2016, 06:22 PM
plenty of time for Brazil to regroup for '18, tbh... Colombia and Chile can play against any of the Euro teams... Uruguay, if healthy, too.

Germany, Italy and Spain probably have the better odds though, but considering 80% of players for those SA teams play in Europe already, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Plus Putin hates Europe, tbh, he probably will rig a few games...

dunkman
09-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Considering that the '14 was a close final, would say it should be soon. Maybe Qatar '22.

Messi may be past his prime in '18, but Dybala is good too.

Would say Argentina or Brazil are the most probably the next world champions from South America, but Uruguay certainly could win it too at some point. Not sure about Chile or Colombia though.

DAF86
09-11-2016, 09:29 PM
In '18 son.

DAF86
09-11-2016, 09:31 PM
Btw, Tite is finally playing the guys that have to play in Brazil and they are looking scary as shit.

That 19 year old center forward they have looks like the real deal.

dfens
09-12-2016, 08:32 AM
Btw, Tite is finally playing the guys that have to play in Brazil and they are looking scary as shit.

That 19 year old center forward they have looks like the real deal.

that gabriel dude? yes, I saw him too, he looks really good, doesn't fuck around at all :tu don't know about '18 but in '22 he'll be a cold stone killer if he keeps adding to his game.

btw sons an old (80+) dude from a building next to where I'm staying called the city zoo because a couple of niggas were listening to loudish rap music :lol quote : "there are a couple of escaped monkeys wrecking havok here, come quick" .. it's not on the news here (yet) but :lmao I heard some neighbors saying the black guys were american students :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Brazil
09-12-2016, 09:07 AM
18 and 22 are already in France hands sons

Canyonero
09-12-2016, 10:15 AM

Only if you manage to avoid Benchnaldoless Portugal tbh

09-12-2016, 10:38 AM
:rollin

dfens
09-12-2016, 12:05 PM

son you are quite cocky after this summer's cucking :lol
it would be funny as fuck for russia to have a great world cup (semis+) through rotten refereeing (like south korea in 2002) and HARDCORE roiding, sort of a fuck you western world :lmao
imo italy will make at least one semi final, they've been going through a really unlucky period and at this euro they were the only team truly hobbled by injuries. It's great to see italian football come back :toast

Brazil
09-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Only if you manage to avoid Benchnaldoless Portugal tbh

:lol dudes have been lucky once in their lifetime they won't be twice in the same century son

Brazil
09-12-2016, 03:42 PM
:rollin

Now compare France odds to Brazil

:lmao

Brazil
09-12-2016, 03:44 PM
it would be funny as fuck for russia to have a great world cup (semis+) through rotten refereeing (like south korea in 2002) and HARDCORE roiding, sort of a fuck you western world :lmao
imo italy will make at least one semi final, they've been going through a really unlucky period and at this euro they were the only team truly hobbled by injuries. It's great to see italian football come back :toast

We have the most talented squad and young as fuck... not sure it is even worth play the competition... FIFA should just give us the trophy already and prepare 2026 tbh

dfens
09-12-2016, 03:58 PM
We have the most talented squad and young as fuck... not sure it is even worth play the competition... FIFA should just give us the trophy already and prepare 2026 tbh

son optimism is good in moderation :lol

Brazil
09-12-2016, 04:10 PM
son optimism is good in moderation :lol

nah... :lol we are that good bro

ElNono
09-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Costa Rica >>> France, tbh...

09-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Now compare France odds to Brazil

:lmao
k

they are worse :lol

09-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Amen son. Most likeable team in europe tbh

Brazil
09-12-2016, 04:24 PM
k

they are worse :lol

:lol

Brazil
09-12-2016, 04:25 PM

you surely don't know about teams in Europe then

09-12-2016, 05:32 PM
you surely don't know about teams in Europe then

You still butthurt about '06 son?

TheGreatYacht
09-13-2016, 06:47 AM
When Ronaldo decides it.

Brazil
09-13-2016, 10:19 AM
You still butthurt about '06 son?

of course son... who wouldn't be ? I'm also still butthurt about 82... this does not make 16 Italy most likeable team in Europe

09-13-2016, 10:46 AM
of course son... who wouldn't be ? I'm also still butthurt about 82... this does not make 16 Italy most likeable team in Europe
Well I don't mean this current team specifically son, just in general tbh.

Brazil
09-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Well I don't mean this current team specifically son, just in general tbh.

:lol even worst

09-13-2016, 11:14 AM
:lol even worst
N:lol

Brazil
09-13-2016, 11:37 AM
N:lol

Y:lols

09-13-2016, 12:18 PM
Y:lols
It's been 10 years already...just let it go s:loln, it's not worthy tbh.

Believe me, I'd know :lol

Brazil
09-13-2016, 02:46 PM
It's been 10 years already...just let it go s:loln, it's not worthy tbh.

Believe me, I'd know :lol

Italy is a lot of things but likeable ? the inventors of the catenacio ? :lol no

09-13-2016, 04:50 PM
Italy is a lot of things but likeable ? the inventors of the catenacio ? :lol no
Those niggas take no shit from no one son :lol gotta respect that tbh. And I can appreciate great defense just as much if not more as great offense...shit, watching guys like Maldini, Nesta and especially Gattuso was an absolute joy tbh. Then on the completely opposite side of the spectrum you had a guy like Pirlo who is one of my favorite players ever...lots to like about italy son

dfens
09-13-2016, 05:47 PM

son that is just plain wrong :lol They were playing nigball before nig countries even existed on the world map. Gypsy tackling, injuring people on purpose, the 2006 diving school, materazzi vs zidane, totti, de rossi, gentile, gattuso and all the other classless goons, relentless beggars and divers like inzagi. Sure you got the cannavaro/nesta/maldini/buffon/rivera who were absolute gentlemen and worthy of all respect, but they were a minority in a sea of thugball.

Italy are the only team in europe that identify with thug ball (i'm talking almost a century here), just no fucks given we gonna fuck your ankles, your teeth, your wife, the ref and the entire game. While they might provide a lot of entertainment, there are a lot of people in europe that are still butthurt about a lot of things regarding italy's "fair" play.

If I were to discuss the likeability of euro teams it would be like this :
spain : besides the bitching they are clean, talented, organized, don't foul, no incidents, decent fans. most likeable by quite some distance.
france : talented but petulant, not quite euro, some dirty/nig play, some cheating, some horrible shows of egoism .. still more likeable than germany.
netherlands : very likeable in play, open game usually, combining skill and physicality. great talent (usually) but unlucky/chokers. Same as france in likeability imo.
germany : let's be serious, my grandchildren will hear nazi this nazi that. add to that the mechanical style of play, the result-above-all mentality and our tenacity and it's a wrap. we'll never be the most likeable even if jesus christ will resurrect in berlin.
portugal: penaldo, figo, nani, quaresma .. lots of assholes :lol, disorganized, divers, nigball ... a combination of italy and spain.
italy : thugging since day 1 but usually extremely talented and usually playing their hearts out. But thugging, gypsy style, baiting, diving, begging .. :lol real nigga shit sons. Less likeable than many other teams.
croatia : a very likeable style of play imo, technical, versatile, talented ... but they are are the biggest racists in europe. seriously they have so many black stains it's crazy.
belgium/sweden/denmark/poland/turkey/greece .. good tactical football but little talent and uninspiring play. pretty boring tbh but they haven't done anything annoying.
england : horrible football and horrible fans .. the laughing stock of europe. they should just make their commonwealth competition and declare themselves world champions tbh .. us style.
russia : everybody hates russia including russians tbh :lol

09-13-2016, 05:59 PM
son that is just plain wrong :lol They were playing nigball before nig countries even existed on the world map. Gypsy tackling, injuring people on purpose, the 2006 diving school, materazzi vs zidane, totti, de rossi, gentile, gattuso and all the other classless goons, relentless beggars and divers like inzagi. Sure you got the cannavaro/nesta/maldini/buffon/rivera who were absolute gentlemen and worthy of all respect, but they were a minority in a sea of thugball.

Italy are the only team in europe that identify with thug ball (i'm talking almost a century here), just no fucks given we gonna fuck your ankles, your teeth, your wife, the ref and the entire game. While they might provide a lot of entertainment, there are a lot of people in europe that are still butthurt about a lot of things regarding italy's "fair" play.

If I were to discuss the likeability of euro teams it would be like this :
spain : besides the bitching they are clean, talented, organized, don't foul, no incidents, decent fans. most likeable by quite some distance.
france : talented but petulant, not quite euro, some dirty/nig play, some cheating, some horrible shows of egoism .. still more likeable than germany.
netherlands : very likeable in play, open game usually, combining skill and physicality. great talent (usually) but unlucky/chokers. Same as france in likeability imo.
germany : let's be serious, my grandchildren will hear nazi this nazi that. add to that the mechanical style of play, the result-above-all mentality and our tenacity and it's a wrap. we'll never be the most likeable even if jesus christ will resurrect in berlin.
portugal: penaldo, figo, nani, quaresma .. lots of assholes :lol, disorganized, divers, nigball ... a combination of italy and spain.
italy : thugging since day 1 but usually extremely talented and usually playing their hearts out. But thugging, gypsy style, baiting, diving, begging .. :lol real nigga shit sons. Less likeable than many other teams.
croatia : a very likeable style of play imo, technical, versatile, talented ... but they are are the biggest racists in europe. seriously they have so many black stains it's crazy.
belgium/sweden/denmark/poland/turkey/greece .. good tactical football but little talent and uninspiring play. pretty boring tbh but they haven't done anything annoying.
england : horrible football and horrible fans .. the laughing stock of europe. they should just make their commonwealth competition and declare themselves world champions tbh .. us style.
russia : everybody hates russia including russians tbh :lol
son those are exactly the things that make me like them tbh :lol

dfens
09-14-2016, 04:31 AM
I told y'all the russian niggas are getting ready for the world cup, they're just preparing the stage right now. All russia NT players will be sick men desperately needing a combination of PCP+roids+cocaine to just get by :cry. Just stop drug testing already :lol
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-37352326

(http://www.bbc.com/news/world-37352326)seriously wonder what guys like lebron or wade take, they probably have more "needed" medication than iraq veterans on life support :lmao

Brazil
09-14-2016, 07:24 AM
son those are exactly the things that make me like them tbh :lol

then you have your own criteria of "likeable". If by likeable you mean dirty and boring yeah they are likeable... this is not common definition of likeable but to each his own

09-14-2016, 07:37 AM
then you have your own criteria of "likeable".
well yeah, no shit

Boring to me is watching those spanish faggots and their tiki taka :lol fuck that tbh

ElNono
09-14-2016, 09:33 AM
Those niggas take no shit from no one son :lol gotta respect that tbh. And I can appreciate great defense just as much if not more as great offense...shit, watching guys like Maldini, Nesta and especially Gattuso was an absolute joy tbh. Then on the completely opposite side of the spectrum you had a guy like Pirlo who is one of my favorite players ever...lots to like about italy son

My italian nigga, tbh

apalisoc_9
09-14-2016, 10:21 AM
Stop with the accusations already. I swear to God, westerners talk as if they're shit dont smell bad. :lol...

Some of the worst scandals involve americans, Europeans( not including russia) but here we are two years removed from the world cup and every loser is already making accusations.

Can you imagine how much worse it would be in 2022...damn.

Canyonero
09-14-2016, 11:37 AM
My italian nigga, tbh

lefty's alt imho

Phenomanul
09-19-2016, 04:06 PM
IMO Italian Futbol has never been likable from an entertainment standpoint for two reasons...

1) Historically, Italy's brand of soccer is structured around a defense-first emphasis... which might be fun/entertaining in sports like basketball (with my Spurs bias of course), but not in sports like soccer - save some ridiculously spectacular saves.

2) Italy may not be where flopping first originated, but they sure made it an artform in order to deceive the officiating.

Brazil
09-20-2016, 10:26 AM
lefty's alt imho

that's a possibility even tho 140 says he is Brazilian and apparently can read portuguese... but that's ST, anything is possible :lol

spursistan
09-20-2016, 03:55 PM
TBH

That era of soccer was actually fun to watch...this iconic picture sums it up: My favourite player of alltime Paolo doing his thingy with his trademark elegance double teaming peak el Fenomeno with Cannavaro :cry...

http://img.gqitalia.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/1464421316_post_2.jpeg

dfens
09-23-2016, 12:33 AM
IMO Italian Futbol has never been likable from an entertainment standpoint for two reasons...

1) Historically, Italy's brand of soccer is structured around a defense-first emphasis... which might be fun/entertaining in sports like basketball (with my Spurs bias of course), but not in sports like soccer - save some ridiculously spectacular saves.

2) Italy may not be where flopping first originated, but they sure made it an artform in order to deceive the officiating.

you are wrong here son, for more than 60 years their football was structured on a scoring rush in the first 30 minutes and then on all out defense. The flopping and dirty play makes then easy to hate, but there is lots to like in italy.

dfens
09-23-2016, 12:35 AM
TBH

That era of soccer was actually fun to watch...this iconic picture sums it up: My favourite player of alltime Paolo doing his thingy with his trademark elegance double teaming peak el Fenomeno with Cannavaro :cry...

http://img.gqitalia.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/1464421316_post_2.jpeg

son maldini and cannavaro were gentlemen and rarities. Even gattuso was quite clean sometimes compared to other guys like .. say .. gentile. The problem with them was the constant begging, flopping and dirty (not hard) tackling. Guys like motta, materrazzi, de rossi, inzaghi ... classical frogmen tbh.

ElNono
09-23-2016, 12:49 AM
son maldini and cannavaro were gentlemen and rarities. Even gattuso was quite clean sometimes compared to other guys like .. say .. gentile. The problem with them was the constant begging, flopping and dirty (not hard) tackling. Guys like motta, materrazzi, de rossi, inzaghi ... classical frogmen tbh.

don't forget that faggot GK Zenga, tbh

dfens
09-23-2016, 04:37 AM
don't forget that faggot GK Zenga, tbh

son we got the GK position covered in terms of faggotry :lol

Canyonero
09-23-2016, 11:21 AM

You shouldn't talk about your father like that.

Phenomanul
09-23-2016, 02:00 PM
you are wrong here son, for more than 60 years their football was structured on a scoring rush in the first 30 minutes and then on all out defense. The flopping and dirty play makes then easy to hate, but there is lots to like in italy.

First off, I'm not your son. So no need for the condescending endearment to try and bolster your argument. Italy has been about defense since the mid-to-late 70's. Their last offense-oriented team was probably the team that made it to the finals in Mexico 70' and even then they lost 4-1 to a truly elite offensive team: Pele and Rivelino's Brazil.

Since then, they've been generally unlikable cause of the flopping. LOL practicing flops.

I do remember watching some "good" Italian games during the 1990 World Cup, but that particular tournament was fun because everytime one-hit wonder, Salvatore "Totò" Schilacci would score a goal the buildup leading up to it was dramatic (with the Univision broadcast team here in the U.S.)... he was the golden boot recipient that tournament if memory serves correct. The broadcaster would slowly build up, "Tò tò tò tò tò tò tò tò tò gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool"

Phenomanul
09-23-2016, 05:03 PM
And for the record, "liking" or "disliking" is wholly and inherently subjective - especially when it comes to playing styles in a sport. There is no right or wrong answer for such a question.

dfens
09-24-2016, 06:45 AM
You shouldn't talk about your father like that.
son they did us dirty more than once tbh.

First off, I'm not your son. So no need for the condescending endearment to try and bolster your argument. Italy has been about defense since the mid-to-late 70's. Their last offense-oriented team was probably the team that made it to the finals in Mexico 70' and even then they lost 4-1 to a truly elite offensive team: Pele and Rivelino's Brazil.

Since then, they've been generally unlikable cause of the flopping. LOL practicing flops.

I do remember watching some "good" Italian games during the 1990 World Cup, but that particular tournament was fun because everytime one-hit wonder, Salvatore "Totò" Schilacci would score a goal the buildup leading up to it was dramatic (with the Univision broadcast team here in the U.S.)... he was the golden boot recipient that tournament if memory serves correct. The broadcaster would slowly build up, "Tò tò tò tò tò tò tò tò tò gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool"

come on son don't be an uppity beans tbh. I said that italy's style was largely based on a short initial rush and then on preserving the result. You could see it in the baggio teams, you could see it in the 70s teams, you could see it in the early catennacio teams and you could see it as late as pirlo/totti/inzaghi/vieri. So they weren't always all out defense.

And lmao saying they lost to a truly elite team after they played the GOAT overtime in the game of the century, these niggas were tired as fuck ... kinda ignorant on your part son, even many 70s brasil players regularly mention this small "detail". Imo 70 brasil is crazy overrated, besides england and a dog tired italy they beat shit (uruguay included).

And for the record, "liking" or "disliking" is wholly and inherently subjective - especially when it comes to playing styles in a sport. There is no right or wrong answer for such a question.
I agree you play to win, as long as it is by the letter of the law. There is no objectively liking or disliking a legal football style (total football, tiki-taka, catennacio, overlapping wings, counter attacking, kick and run etc), it's a matter of subjective aesthetics. On the other hand
1. one can objectively like the degree of skill required by a footballing style (tiki taka, total football >>>>>> kick and run). Tiki taka shows more footballing skill (technically & tactically) than kick and run, thus I like it more, objectively, as a football fan.
2. liking or disliking a cheating style is not subjective at all. If you are a real football fan you can't like:
- small cheats (henry scoring with his hand vs ireland, france winning over germany with that foodstamp penaldo)
- abusers (the spanish NT/barca/real rushing the ref with all the team)
- career cheats (italy running a flop training, regularly fouling for the sake of breaking bones, constantly being unsportsmanlike)
.... well, unless you come from a country where stealing is the law :lol

You got poor takes son tbh. :sleep

Phenomanul
09-24-2016, 12:47 PM
son they did us dirty more than once tbh.

come on son don't be an uppity beans tbh. I said that italy's style was largely based on a short initial rush and then on preserving the result. You could see it in the baggio teams, you could see it in the 70s teams, you could see it in the early catennacio teams and you could see it as late as pirlo/totti/inzaghi/vieri. So they weren't always all out defense.

And lmao saying they lost to a truly elite team after they played the GOAT overtime in the game of the century, these niggas were tired as fuck ... kinda ignorant on your part son, even many 70s brasil players regularly mention this small "detail". Imo 70 brasil is crazy overrated, besides england and a dog tired italy they beat shit (uruguay included).

I agree you play to win, as long as it is by the letter of the law. There is no objectively liking or disliking a legal football style (total football, tiki-taka, catennacio, overlapping wings, counter attacking, kick and run etc), it's a matter of subjective aesthetics. On the other hand
1. one can objectively like the degree of skill required by a footballing style (tiki taka, total football >>>>>> kick and run). Tiki taka shows more footballing skill (technically & tactically) than kick and run, thus I like it more, objectively, as a football fan.
2. liking or disliking a cheating style is not subjective at all. If you are a real football fan you can't like:
- small cheats (henry scoring with his hand vs ireland, france winning over germany with that foodstamp penaldo)
- abusers (the spanish NT/barca/real rushing the ref with all the team)
- career cheats (italy running a flop training, regularly fouling for the sake of breaking bones, constantly being unsportsmanlike)
.... well, unless you come from a country where stealing is the law :lol

You got poor takes son tbh. :sleep

All that cause I said (in agreement with you) that Italian football wasn't "likable"??? And let's be clear, mostly cause of their flopping.

'tis the last time I agree with you on anything. :lmao :lmao :lmao

*** And yes, I know that the "Germany / Italy" match is considered the "match of the century", THEREFORE I also understand you have to build up that Italian squad since they beat Beckenbauer's German side. BUT LOL x 1,000,000 if you actually believe that Brazilian squad was overrated. They would've beat most championship squads from subsequent WC tournaments.

dfens
09-24-2016, 03:57 PM
All that cause I said (in agreement with you) that Italian football wasn't "likable"??? And let's be clear, mostly cause of their flopping.

'tis the last time I agree with you on anything. :lmao :lmao :lmao

*** And yes, I know that the "Germany / Italy" match is considered the "match of the century", THEREFORE I also understand you have to build up that Italian squad since they beat Beckenbauer's German side. BUT LOL x 1,000,000 if you actually believe that Brazilian squad was overrated. They would've beat most championship squads from subsequent WC tournaments.

wa wa wa warum bist du nicht zufrieedeen sonne ezs? die beste parties sohnnes

dfens
09-24-2016, 04:03 PM
dieses mal werden wir in russland winnen, ehrlich zu sein wir sind die beste mannschaft der Welt, wir, nicht bra7il, nicht strumpfina, nicht krankreich. Die funfte sterne sohn, die sterne der weltmeisters und die beste parties sind fast hier.