PDA

View Full Version : five Spurs players made SI top 100 players of the next season...

apalisoc_9
09-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Using analytical data and contexual facts..SI lists the top 100 players and five Spurs made the team.

Manu Ginonili - 98
Danny Green - 69

Obvioulsy Pau, Lamarcus and Kawhi will there.

I expect Pau to be in the 25-35 range. LAME around 12-16. Kawhi around 2-6

Some snubs..Derrick Rose, etc..Basically Some familar PGs with usage rate that doesnt refelct their current ability.

hater
09-12-2016, 11:25 AM
:lol evita being anywhere close to top 200 player :lol

Chinook
09-12-2016, 11:35 AM
I expect to see Kawhi at four behind Lebron, Curry and KD. LMA would probably be 12, because he's like Kobe in that way. Pau should probably be between 30 and 40. Danny should be top-50, but his shooting fell off. Still, 69th is like being the ninth-best third-option in the league, and that's mad praise for someone who can't even collect a second-team All-Defense spot.

apalisoc_9
09-12-2016, 11:45 AM
I expect to see Kawhi at four behind Lebron, Curry and KD. LMA would probably be 12, because he's like Kobe in that way. Pau should probably be between 30 and 40. Danny should be top-50, but his shooting fell off. Still, 69th is like being the ninth-best third-option in the league, and that's mad praise for someone who can't even collect a second-team All-Defense spot.

Good call. I do expect kawhi to go as high as 2 but will most likely be 4th or 5th Ben Goliver loves him or every analytic dude for that matter, your average casual fan probably has him at 5-6 considering the unreal and headscratching hype Westbrook is getting and there is Davis for your average casual. Remeber, this isnt a best player ranking..Just a prediction based on data from last year.

I think Aldridge can go as high as 10 but I expect him at 12 and as low as 16..There's a couple of guys from last year top 10 that is very questionable to make the top 10..Gasol wont make it and I imagine Griffin would make it but its a healthy question mark.

Honestly, would be interested to see where Parker would land if this was a top 200 :lol

Probably around the 115 range.

dabom
09-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Porker stans. :lol

baseline bum
09-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Did Parker make the bottom 100 list?

09-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Porker stans. :lol
:lol

apalisoc_9
09-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Top 150 player with a star level usage rate on per minute basis...Porker is reaching kobe like ego

dabom
09-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Did Parker make the bottom 100 list?

I heard he made the top 10 competitive eaters of the 2016-2017 season...

Solid D
09-12-2016, 01:28 PM
Parker probably leads in time of possession.

dabom
09-12-2016, 01:29 PM
http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tony-parker-french-burger.jpeg

apalisoc_9
09-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Parker probably leads in time of possession.

TheDoctor
09-12-2016, 01:56 PM
http://lareclame.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Tony-Parker-et-le-French-Burger.jpg

http://www.basketactu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Tony-Parker-burger.jpg

Spurtacular
09-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Some snubs..Derrick Rose, etc..Basically Some familar PGs with usage rate that doesnt refelct their current ability.

Maybe, it's time to take the Derrick Rose poster off the wall.

ElNono
09-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Using analytical data and contexual facts..SI lists the top 100 players and five Spurs made the team.

Manu Ginonili - 98
Danny Green - 69

Amazing Gino made the cut this late in his career.... legend, tbh

BTW, he's ranked #97

apalisoc_9
09-12-2016, 06:46 PM

Easily the 5th best spur tbh..even at age 39.

I've syrongly advoacted a Manu-Green-Leonaed-Aldridge- Center ( now pau) for these analytical reasons

hater
09-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Bellinelli >>>>>> manure

SAGirl
09-12-2016, 10:49 PM

BTW, he's ranked #97

Kyle's dunk was classified the 62th best dunk of last season, that doesn't make him a dunker does it?
:downspin:
You know I am trolling, Spurstalk has me talking Kawhobe and all.. this is what you all get. :rollin

dabom
09-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Kyle's dunk was classified the 62th best dunk of last season, that doesn't make him a dunker does it?
You know I am trolling, Spurstalk has me talking Kawhobe and all.. this is what you all get. :rollin

I don't think you understand. Kyle wasn't ranked 67th best dunker in the NBA. This dunk was ranked 67th by some middling broadcast.

It's a particular play, not for his total worth.

Your comparison is shit, and you should feel ashamed. :lmao

Manu was ranked top 100 by a top rated magazine. Manu's ONE PLAY was not top 100. See the difference? :lmao

dabom
09-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Being classified a top 100 player is correctly classifying him as an efficient basketball player.

Top 100th dunk of the season doesn't not mean top dunker of the season.

ElNono
09-12-2016, 11:00 PM

he better stop dunking or Pop gonna bench him, tbh

SAGirl
09-12-2016, 11:44 PM
he better stop dunking or Pop gonna bench him, tbh
Lol good point Nono. :toast

cutewizard
09-13-2016, 12:29 AM
Mr Anderson can dunk!!!!

Uriel
09-13-2016, 05:50 AM
Sports Illustrated came out with its list of Top 100 players for the 2017 season, and Tony Parker was among the more notable snubs.

Since there are only 30 teams in the NBA, this implies that Tony Parker isn't even a top 3 player anymore on a league-average team. This, despite Parker coming off a relative bounce back season the year before.

http://on.si.com/2cQ726m (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fon.si.com%2F2cQ726m&h=7AQFx_GDT)

benefactor
09-13-2016, 05:56 AM
Look a few threads down breh

SAGirl
09-13-2016, 06:19 AM
Sports Illustrated came out with its list of Top 100 players for the 2017 season, and Tony Parker was among the more notable snubs.

Since there are only 30 teams in the NBA, this implies that Tony Parker isn't even a top 3 player anymore on a league-average team. This, despite Parker coming off a relative bounce back season the year before.

http://on.si.com/2cQ726m (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fon.si.com%2F2cQ726m&h=7AQFx_GDT)
Was he top 3 among the Spurs? Danny Green is ranked ahead of him.

TheGreatYacht
09-13-2016, 06:36 AM
Green and Manu ranked ahead of him? :lol gtfo

Green is coming off a season where he shot down there with the bottom of the league, 37.6FG% and 33.2 3P%, only Kobe might've been worse.
Manu is coming off his worst playoff run since 2013, averaging career lows 6.7ppg & 2.5apg on 42.6FG%

Vanilla magazine tbh

Play Boban
09-13-2016, 07:57 AM
Manu #97 at 39 years old. :wow

SASdynasty!
09-13-2016, 07:59 AM
So if we're using SI as a source, then I guess we all agree that Parker is ranked higher than Manu all-time?

TheGreatYacht
09-13-2016, 08:37 AM
So if we're using SI as a source, then I guess we all agree that Parker is ranked higher than Manu all-time?
I think that's been settled tbh. Whoever disagrees is a faggot

kaji157
09-13-2016, 08:42 AM
I think Manu´s position on the list reflects how efficient Manu can be at games. He is still a player able to score and assist from anywhere on the court, and while he cannot guard quick guards any longer, he can still defend one or two guys on every team unless they are speed based players.

So while he may not longer be as effective in every position he is still an efficient player. Hence his ranking.

MaNu4Tres
09-13-2016, 09:20 AM
Green and Manu ranked ahead of him? :lol gtfo

Green is coming off a season where he shot down there with the bottom of the league, 37.6FG% and 33.2 3P%, only Kobe might've been worse.
Manu is coming off his worst playoff run since 2013, averaging career lows 6.7ppg & 2.5apg on 42.6FG%

Vanilla magazine tbh

They are better than him. Have been the past 2-3 years tbh..

Tony can't create for himself or others anymore without a screen and without a mistake happening from the defense in the PNR.

He's not a threat from 3 because of the lack of volume ( he's very selective & hesitant).

He's one of the worst defensive starting point guards in the league.

If his mid-range game isn't on ( which is the case 3 out of every 4 games), he's a complete negative in all phases.

Meanwhile, despite his down year from 3, Danny Green ranked #1 in DRPM for shooting guards in the league last year ( best defensive SG in the league). And Manu ranked in the top 5, and Manu is still the better passer and the better shooter from three when you consider the volume-- there's value with those assets and Parker doesn't have those assets. With Parker you get the worst defense you can possibly ask for at the starting PG position, no outside shooting threat, no more taking his guy off the dribble. The only value you get with Tony is inconsistent mid-range shooting and inconsistent penetration ( mostly due to poor defense).

urunobili
09-13-2016, 09:28 AM
dejense de Porkerias chingados!

ElNono
09-13-2016, 09:40 AM
Plenty of people has been saying for a few years now he just didn't have the tools to age well...

It's just looking dim that he'll find a way to transform his game, but as long as he's on the team, you gotta hope, tbh...

apalisoc_9
09-13-2016, 01:28 PM
Pau is in the 40's. That's probably accurate..

TD 21
09-13-2016, 06:08 PM
The difference between Parker and the other three rotation guards is, unlike them, who are all in ideal roles, he's now miscast in the one he's in, as lead creator for a team with championship aspirations. Even if Leonard assumes that role, he'll still be miscast in more of a spot up capacity.

Ginobili is better and was always going to age better for reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam, but he also gets to play about 8 less mpg, mostly against backups, at a lesser position.

It's not exactly breaking news, but the takeaway from this is that all four rotation guards are relatively close and none are close to elite and that's primarily why this team isn't a championship contender anymore.

timtonymanu
09-13-2016, 07:44 PM

Tony can't create for himself or others anymore without a screen and without a mistake happening from the defense in the PNR.

He's not a threat from 3 because of the lack of volume ( he's very selective & hesitant).

If his mid-range game isn't on ( which is the case 3 out of every 4 games), he's a complete negative in all phases.

Meanwhile, despite his down year from 3, Danny Green ranked #1 in DRPM for shooting guards in the league last year ( best defensive SG in the league). And Manu ranked in the top 5, and Manu is still the better passer and the better shooter from three when you consider the volume-- there's value with those assets and Parker doesn't have those assets. With Parker you get the worst defense you can possibly ask for at the starting PG position, no outside shooting threat, no more taking his guy off the dribble. The only value you get with Tony is inconsistent mid-range shooting and inconsistent penetration ( mostly due to poor defense).

This. TGY is trolling like usual. But smart Spurs fans should know this already.

apalisoc_9
09-13-2016, 07:55 PM
The difference between Parker and the other three rotation guards is, unlike them, who are all in ideal roles, he's now miscast in the one he's in, as lead creator for a team with championship aspirations. Even if Leonard assumes that role, he'll still be miscast in more of a spot up capacity.

Ginobili is better and was always going to age better for reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam, but he also gets to play about 8 less mpg, mostly against backups, at a lesser position.

It's not exactly breaking news, but the takeaway from this is that all four rotation guards are relatively close and none are close to elite and that's primarily why this team isn't a championship contender anymore.

Further proof that Parkernis the biggest headache in town. Lets be honest here, if he wasnt a part of the 2002-2007 team, he'd be RJd already and we wont have to worry about an Atrocious player having Star player level responsibilities...

SPURt
09-15-2016, 07:07 PM
Spoiler alert:

Kawhi was ranked sixth behind these 5:
1. Lebron
2. KD
3. Steph
4. Chris Paul
5. Westbrook

Chris Paul is the weakest above Kawhi to me

gambit1990
09-16-2016, 04:55 AM

gambit1990
09-16-2016, 04:57 AM
tp is five years younger than manu and can't crack top 100 according to si... and he wants to play how many more years? :lol

09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
I think that's been settled tbh. Whoever disagrees is a faggot

SASdynasty!
09-16-2016, 10:27 AM
tp is five years younger than manu and can't crack top 100 according to si... and he wants to play how many more years? :lol
So you're agreeing with SI? And so you do agree that Parker is better than Manu all-time?

J_Paco
09-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Anyone that thinks 39 year old Manu Ginobili is top 100 player is on crack rock, plain and simple. Manu is still a great facilitator, but his offensive game (and defense) is nowhere near starter level at this point. That isn't even mentioning his lack or durability, stamina and inability to play heavy minutes. I love Manu and he has aged better than Tony, but he's been a secondary role player for going on 3 or 4 seasons.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if (like Timmy) the wheels fall completely off by January/February....

Top 100 player... :lmao:lmao:lmao

That isn't even mentioning Green who, unless he has a bounce back season, is in jeopardy of losing his starting job or being traded. You can't be a "3-and-D" player, yet completely lack the three-point shooting ability (while providing nothing else on offense).

Parker isn't a top 100 player either, but he still is competent in the pick-and-roll (LOL, needing "mistakes" but still being good/great in the P-N-R game) while having the ability to score efficiently as well.

He is a terrible defender and can't consistently score or penetrate like in his prime, though.

Despite his age, Parker was still ninth in assist percentage on dribble-penetration for players with more than 550 drives, per NBA.com. He was also fourth on that list when it came to field goal percentage.

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/playtype/ball-handler/

Parker had a better points per possession than everyone above him (with more points) except Chris Paul, Stephen Curry, James Harden and DeMar DeRozan.

Meanwhile, Manu Ginobili was terrible in pick-and-roll situations (0.69 PPP and in the 31st percentile), yet he is still a "top quality" player.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

The Ginobili fanboys eat these horseshit "lists" up but will be mad salty when Parker is inevitably above him in all-time "lists."

Chinook
09-17-2016, 02:30 AM
Was trying to figure out how you could think Green's anywhere near being traded, but then you cite PtR. Still a couple of cattle out to field.

J_Paco
09-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Was trying to figure out how you could think Green's anywhere near being traded, but then you cite PtR. Still a couple of cattle out to field.

I cited an article from PtR that (was written by a guest "analyst") mentions where Tony was ranked in certain categories, in particular that he's still very good in the dribble - kick out and was still highly efficient when scoring and other areas with video evidenc (in those situations).

It didn't have anything to do with my opinion (note: opinion) that Green could be in danger of being benched or traded if his three-point shot doesn't return. There is a clear logjam at the position (Murray, Simmons, Ginobili & Green), and even with Manu's eventual retirement, the team could use better balance on the perimeter.

Without that ability Green is a bench player or fringe starter at best, and definitely isn't a "top 100" player. Of course, I'm hoping that they are right and Danny returns to his high percentage, marksman ways from downtown. Without it the team's ceiling is much, much lower.

Basically, all the guards have just as many weaknesses as strengths and none of them deserved to be mentioned in a top 100 list, IMHO.

Top 200? Yes. Top 150? One or two, maybe. Top 100? No, not after their piss poor perfomances in either the regular season or postseason.

dabom
09-17-2016, 12:16 PM
Green is top 100. So is Manu. Fucking Porker slurpers. :lmao

J_Paco
09-17-2016, 12:52 PM
Green is top 100. So is Manu. Fucking Porker slurpers. :lmao

No, (IMO) they aren't if you are basing it on last season's play. All four guards (Mills, Parker, Green & Ginobili) from last year's rotation have major flaws in their skillset at this point.

I root for the team not individuals and I call bullshit when I see it.

I guess you also believe that Chris Paul is better than Kawhi, then?7

dabom
09-17-2016, 01:01 PM
No, (IMO) they aren't if you are basing it on last season's play. All four guards (Mills, Parker, Green & Ginobili) from last year's rotation have major flaws in their skillset at this point.

I root for the team not individuals and I call bullshit when I see it.

I guess you also believe that Chris Paul is better than Kawhi, then?7

Top 10 is about taste. Any top 10 list on anything basketball will always be different.

Everyone can agree whether a person is top 100 or not. :lmao

J_Paco
09-17-2016, 11:33 PM
Top 10 is about taste. Any top 10 list on anything basketball will always be different.

Everyone can agree whether a person is top 100 or not. :lmao

Only a moron like you believes any subjective list (even based on statistics) has any true merit. I guess that means 5 players are better than Kawhi Leonard going by this exact same list.

Clearly, anyone that watched the NBA last season knows that isn't the case, but the writers at SI believe so.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

SASdynasty!
09-18-2016, 10:45 PM
Only a moron like you believes any subjective list (even based on statistics) has any true merit. I guess that means 5 players are better than Kawhi Leonard going by this exact same list.

Clearly, anyone that watched the NBA last season knows that isn't the case, but the writers at SI believe so.

:lmao:lmao:lmao
Hahaha he can't even validate one source. He has to reject the Kawhi position and confirm the Parker position...and then act like it's a reliable source.

dabom
09-19-2016, 08:18 AM
Porker slurpers. :lmao

Ya lucky anyone even responds to ya shitty takes. :lol

J_Paco
09-19-2016, 08:37 AM
Porker slurpers. :lmao

Ya lucky anyone even responds to ya shitty takes. :lol

I guess you agree with SI that Chris Paul is better than Kawhi Leonard, then?

And that Manu Ginobili is better than Patty Mills too?

Of course, you won't respond to any of that and will just post emojis like a 10 - year old kid......

Chinook
09-19-2016, 08:49 AM
Parker was pretty bad. I hope he can adjust to his game declining. He actually played pretty good defense on two-guards. I think he should start doing that full-time. If he can guard twos and hit threes, he can still be viable. Issue is going to be Pop allowing that to happen.

J_Paco
09-19-2016, 09:08 AM
Parker was pretty bad. I hope he can adjust to his game declining. He actually played pretty good defense on two-guards. I think he should start doing that full-time. If he can guard twos and hit threes, he can still be viable. Issue is going to be Pop allowing that to happen.

He was subpar in the regular season (good from November to January, bad from February to April) but bad in the postseason, yes.

He is on a continued rapid decline (just like Deron Williams and most PG's post 30 years old), but none of the guards played well enough to be mentioned on any "top 100" lists. Manu had a good regular season (on limited minutes and missing time) but was shit in the postseason (ran out of gas, again) while Danny never found consistency from three-point in the regular season. If Manu was a viable option to start (he isn't) Pop probably would have benched Danny at some point last season, but couldn't with so few (quality) options.

He did redeem himself in the postseason but that may not be indicative of how he performs this season. I would easily take two or three of the players (Derrick Rose, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeremy Lin & Harrison Barnes) they "snubbed" based on potential (which this list is about) to perform better than last season over Green or Ginobili.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-19-2016, 09:12 AM

FWIW I also thought Parker was doing fine on bigger players than him, though not sure about how much he did that last season and if it's a relevant sample size, but generally the Spurs have the perfect personnel to allow him to do just that next season. Besides, in the whole NBA there are very few good PG defenders ( as in defenders against good PGs ).

Chinook
09-19-2016, 10:05 AM
He was subpar in the regular season (good from November to January, bad from February to April) but bad in the postseason, yes.

He is on a continued rapid decline (just like Deron Williams and most PG's post 30 years old), but none of the guards played well enough to be mentioned on any "top 100" lists. Manu had a good regular season (on limited minutes and missing time) but was shit in the postseason (ran out of gas, again) while Danny never found consistency from three-point in the regular season. If Manu was a viable option to start (he isn't) Pop probably would have benched Danny at some point last season, but couldn't with so few (quality) options.

He did redeem himself in the postseason but that may not be indicative of how he performs this season. I would easily take two or three of the players (Derrick Rose, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeremy Lin & Harrison Barnes) they "snubbed" based on potential (which this list is about) to perform better than last season over Green or Ginobili.

Green was the best defensive guard in the league last season. And even shooting as poorly as he did he did, he had a neutral net rating, which is what guys like Bowen averaged in their careers. He wasn't about to be benched for anything but an actual starting-level player.

I get that you are hyper-focused on his shooting, but I doubt the Spurs were. They were patient, and Green rewarded them by stepping up in the playoffs.

TheGreatYacht
09-19-2016, 11:03 AM
Anyone that thinks 39 year old Manu Ginobili is top 100 player is on crack rock, plain and simple. Manu is still a great facilitator, but his offensive game (and defense) is nowhere near starter level at this point. That isn't even mentioning his lack or durability, stamina and inability to play heavy minutes. I love Manu and he has aged better than Tony, but he's been a secondary role player for going on 3 or 4 seasons.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if (like Timmy) the wheels fall completely off by January/February....

Top 100 player... :lmao:lmao:lmao

That isn't even mentioning Green who, unless he has a bounce back season, is in jeopardy of losing his starting job or being traded. You can't be a "3-and-D" player, yet completely lack the three-point shooting ability (while providing nothing else on offense).

Parker isn't a top 100 player either, but he still is competent in the pick-and-roll (LOL, needing "mistakes" but still being good/great in the P-N-R game) while having the ability to score efficiently as well.

He is a terrible defender and can't consistently score or penetrate like in his prime, though.

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/playtype/ball-handler/

Parker had a better points per possession than everyone above him (with more points) except Chris Paul, Stephen Curry, James Harden and DeMar DeRozan.

Meanwhile, Manu Ginobili was terrible in pick-and-roll situations (0.69 PPP and in the 31st percentile), yet he is still a "top quality" player.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

The Ginobili fanboys eat these horseshit "lists" up but will be mad salty when Parker is inevitably above him in all-time "lists."
This truth bomb just hurt Manure's hamstring omfg :wow

SAGirl
09-19-2016, 04:36 PM

I definitely think Manu is overrated in this list. His gaudy numbers were against benches. Produced only 20 minutes per game and sure his gambling defense and crafty play will shred bad teams benches. To me it was significant he didn't play well against any of the elite teams, actually making matters worse at times (remember the GSW and Cavs beatdowns, Manu didn't play well at all, and his chaotic style made matters worse at times). He was a ghost in the playoffs. He didn't stand out in the 2015 playoffs (I know Nono or somebody will come in to pull out some stats that show him shooting 42% or something in the Clippers series in general (not exclusive to the 3), but the bench was in fact saved by Marco's insane shooting and Mills getting hot with the occasional effort game from Diaw. Manu was a ghost that series. I think he's just done as an elite player, which listen he's 39. It's actually amazing he's still productive against 80% of the league. But whatever. I don't like to get on Manu, it just irritates me that some still posit he's this high a level compared to Tony, which he's not.

Bleacher report had Anderson over Mills (who was 200 in that list). Manu and Danny were both out of the top 100 for bleacher report too, in Danny's case bc his decline in 3 pt shooting was unacceptable to them when he's otherwise so limited offensively.

Anyways, I don't care about either list. My point is that these lists are just in the eye of the beholder. They are basically opinions. Which makes yours and mine opinions just as good. :toast

dabom
09-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Bleacher Report? :lmao

You are the first or one of the few who have name dropped that shit site. :lmao

J_Paco
09-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Green was the best defensive guard in the league last season. And even shooting as poorly as he did he did, he had a neutral net rating, which is what guys like Bowen averaged in their careers. He wasn't about to be benched for anything but an actual starting-level player.

I get that you are hyper-focused on his shooting, but I doubt the Spurs were. They were patient, and Green rewarded them by stepping up in the playoffs.

It isn't about being "hyper focused" at all, but the fact that Danny really lacked his one contributing factor on offense. Without his shooting the team ( especially the starters) is much easier to guard on offense, while he becomes a player that can be outright ignored or the defender could "roam" off of him.

This is a tactic commonly used against Bowen when he was in a shooting slump or during the playoffs multiple times. So, it is a legitimate concern and not me being "hyper focused" but thinking about what Danny contributes overall.

Hopefully, his postseason shooting, and with eye surgery, was a sign of things to come.

Chinook
09-20-2016, 09:23 AM
It isn't about being "hyper focused" at all, but the fact that Danny really lacked his one contributing factor on offense. Without his shooting the team ( especially the starters) is much easier to guard on offense, while he becomes a player that can be outright ignored or the defender could "roam" off of him.

This is a tactic commonly used against Bowen when he was in a shooting slump or during the playoffs multiple times. So, it is a legitimate concern and not me being "hyper focused" but thinking about what Danny contributes overall.

Hopefully, his postseason shooting, and with eye surgery, was a sign of things to come.

Green spaced the floor well despite not shooting well. If anything, his streakiness lent itself well to that. Teams knew that he could turn it on at any moment, and he hit just enough last year to where team couldn't play off him. There was an OKC game where Green had been missing all night. But the one time Westbrook finally decided "You know what, I'm not going to waste time guarding a cold player when I can freelance", Danny hit the back-breaking three.

If Green never scores again, it will indeed be hard to play him, as teams will eventually stop giving him respect. But that wasn't a problem last year. Pop wasn't looking to start scrubs over him, hyperfocus on shooting or not. Danny was just better than pretty much any two-guard the Spurs have started in a long time outside of Manu. Without his shot, it's debateable. But with it, it's no contest.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-20-2016, 12:19 PM
The Spurs still won 67 games with Danny's bad season. Spurs should have gotten past OKC. Duncan deserved a better exit than losing in the second round to those guys.

gambit1990
09-20-2016, 04:53 PM
Bleacher Report? :lmao

You are the first or one of the few who have name dropped that shit site. :lmao

was gonna say something too.

if sagirl wants some advice... don't even click on their links.

gambit1990
09-20-2016, 04:56 PM
tp didn't crack the top 15 PGs per the sporting news.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/list/nba-point-guard-rankings-2016-stephen-curry-russell-westbrook-chris-paul/1kjbtsmvjx1341wus19kkuexuo/slide/1

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 05:21 PM

its as entertaining as the stuff here and they at least explain their takes. Some guys should look in the mirror honestly.

gambit1990
09-20-2016, 05:26 PM
its as entertaining as the stuff here and they at least explain their takes. Some guys should look in the mirror honestly.
you know what happens when i look in the mirror? i see someone who doesn't read that trash. read it all you want, citing it is pointless though.

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 05:30 PM
you know what happens when i look in the mirror? i see someone who doesn't read that trash. read it all you want, citing it is pointless though.

:lol Probably as much of a waste as reading this trash you mean? Ok

HarlemHeat37
09-20-2016, 05:30 PM
It's a pretty terrible list, although I agree with the placement of Green(should be top 50-ish if he bounces back) and Manu..

First impression after a quick glance is that Steven Adams is crazy overrated:lol..the advantage of being White, of course..

gambit1990
09-20-2016, 05:33 PM
:lol Probably as much of a waste as reading this trash you mean? Ok
my advice is sound. who else on this forum is gonna defend that website? :lol you haven't been watching basketball for very long. that's why you manage to find some value in bleacher report.

gambit1990
09-20-2016, 05:42 PM
It's a pretty terrible list, although I agree with the placement of Green(should be top 50-ish if he bounces back) and Manu..

First impression after a quick glance is that Steven Adams is crazy overrated:lol..the advantage of being White, of course..
i've only glanced at the list as well, it is spotty. i disagree with you on adams being crazy overrated. would definately take him (#40) over some of the people he beat out: derozan (#46), iguodala (#44), batum (#43), ibaka (#42).

dabom
09-20-2016, 05:52 PM

Bleacher report is fucking cancer. Have they even fixed their comments section? :lol

No respectable poster would ever cite the BR. :lmao

J_Paco
09-20-2016, 11:34 PM
tp didn't crack the top 15 PGs per the sporting news.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/list/nba-point-guard-rankings-2016-stephen-curry-russell-westbrook-chris-paul/1kjbtsmvjx1341wus19kkuexuo/slide/1

Not a surprise since he isn't a starting caliber PG, anymore. Probably would hover around 20 - 35 but nowhere past that.

gambit1990
09-25-2016, 02:03 AM
Not a surprise since he isn't a starting caliber PG, anymore. Probably would hover around 20 - 35 but nowhere past that.
i don't disagree.

Kidd K
09-25-2016, 02:34 PM

Manu Ginonili - 98
Danny Green - 69

Derrick Rose is and has been trash for awhile. Have seen him play most of his minutes the last few years (and it isn't much).

Would literally take Parker over him 10/10 times at this point. Rose is not very good anymore.