PDA

View Full Version : Cry-Me-a-River-boat Ron is at it again

Clipper Nation
09-17-2016, 01:12 PM
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/car/carolina-panthers) coach Ron Rivera feels "disrespected" that the NFL schedule makers didn't allow the defending NFC Champions to open at home. :cry

He called it a "pain in the ass" to spend the entire offseason reliving the 24-10 Super Bowl 50 loss to Denver so the league could schedule a rematch at Denver to kick off the season.

"Forget the fact that you're the defending NFC champs and you deserve to open up at home in front of your home crowd on opening week," Rivera said on Friday, eight days after a 21-20 loss to the Broncos. "We're going to make you guys relive it for five more months. That's how I felt. :cry:cry

"So for the next five months I've got to put up with it, deal with it, answer the questions and relive it constantly over and over and over. Honestly, it became a pain in the ass." :cry:cry:cry

The subject came up when Rivera was asked if there would be a moment before Sunday's home opener against the San Francisco 49ers (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/sf/san-francisco-49ers) to honor last season in which Carolina had an NFL-best 15-1 record during the regular season and won the NFC Championship.

That led to Rivera getting on his self-proclaimed "soapbox" about having to open at Denver.

"I struggled with that," Rivera said. "I really did from Day 1. There are so many things they could have done to honor us and honor our team, our fans and our city that I thought this would have been a great opportunity to show it.

"I feel like we were robbed of that. We had to wait a whole week to do it. You can tell, I'm disappointed it didn't work out that way." :cry:cry:cry:cry

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17563771/ron-rivera-feels-disrespected-carolina-panthers-forced-open-road

Am I missing something here? Last I checked, the Panthers choked in epic fashion in the Super Bowl and Scam Newton quit on his team. At the end of the day, Carolina was just one of 31 losers last season. Why do they deserve special treatment in the schedule? The Panthers really are a team full of crybabies, and it all starts with their coach and their starting quarterback.

Trainwreck2100
09-18-2016, 01:53 AM
moral of the story you want a guarantee start at home, win the fucking super bowl

Chinook
09-18-2016, 09:29 AM
moral of the story you want a guarantee start at home, win the fucking super bowl

Yeah... about that

UNT Eagles 2016
09-18-2016, 10:15 AM
Yeah... about that

that was fucked up what the league did to you guys in 2013. Not only a road opener at 5,280 ft but a 50-burger. Makes you wonder if Goodell and Elway are butt buddies or something?

Clipper Nation
09-18-2016, 11:36 AM
that was fucked up what the league did to you guys in 2013. Not only a road opener at 5,280 ft but a 50-burger. Makes you wonder if Goodell and Elway are butt buddies or something?
I don't think it's Elway. The NFL had a shameless love affair with Fivehead. From turning a blind eye to all the dirty play from Denver's steroid-fued defense, to having the ref$ push him down the field every season, to changing rules in order to greatly curtail defense, to making the defending Super Bowl champions who beat him in the playoffs open on the road against his team, the league did everything they could to elevate that choking loser throughout his career. Even with all the help, he could only "win" two role-player rings... embarrassing.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-18-2016, 11:43 AM
I don't think it's Elway. The NFL had a shameless love affair with Fivehead. From turning a blind eye to all the dirty play from Denver's steroid-fued defense, to having the ref$ push him down the field every season, to changing rules in order to greatly curtail defense, to making the defending Super Bowl champions who beat him in the playoffs open on the road against his team, the league did everything they could to elevate that choking loser throughout his career. Even with all the help, he could only "win" two role-player rings... embarrassing.

Yup, which is why the Super Bowl was rigged.

DeadlyDynasty
09-18-2016, 12:00 PM
^Was Newton in on the fix? Last I checked the score was 16-10 when Cam decided not to dive on that ball...

DeadlyDynasty
09-18-2016, 12:02 PM
Rivera chose the wrong words to make his point...he sounds like a rape victim, "We had to re-live that trauma:cry"

Clipper Nation
09-18-2016, 12:24 PM
Yup, which is why the Super Bowl was rigged.
:lmao No. Cum just choked and quit. No rigging necessary.

jeebus
09-18-2016, 01:49 PM

^Was Newton in on the fix? Last I checked the score was 16-10 when Cam decided not to dive on that ball...

Rivera chose the wrong words to make his point...he sounds like a rape victim, "We had to re-live that trauma:cry"

:lmao No. Cum just choked and quit. No rigging necessary.

:lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
09-18-2016, 04:47 PM
OP's team choked away a 24 point lead last week, they're beating the Jags this week... nothing to brag about.

Clipper Nation
09-18-2016, 05:35 PM
OP's team choked away a 24 point lead last week, they're beating the Jags this week... nothing to brag about.
:lol When have I ever bragged about the Chargers? I'm aware that we suck, I've been a fan all my life. Stop caping so hard for Scam Newton, he's just not that good.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-18-2016, 05:37 PM
:lol When have I ever bragged about the Chargers? I'm aware that we suck, I've been a fan all my life. Stop caping so hard for Scam Newton, he's just not that good.
You stop putting down every nonwhite mobile QB, then.

Clipper Nation
09-18-2016, 05:50 PM
You stop putting down every nonwhite mobile QB, then.
I've been just as critical of Johnny Fagball and Tebow. Again, it's all about style of play with me. If you can beat teams with your brain and your arm, it doesn't matter if you're white, black or pink with purple polka dots. I just don't buy into these new age gimmick QBs who rely on athleticism.