PDA

View Full Version : Corey Joseph vs. Kyle Anderson

apalisoc_9
09-17-2016, 04:46 PM
Considering our need for a seasoned PG and Penetrator and Joseph's impressive season last year for a decent team..Hypothetically speaking, if you could trade Anderson for Joseph..would you?

I know a lot of people would say yes, but I personaly would not...

Forget salaries etc..Just a hypotetical question. An answer based on in game needs.

dabom
09-17-2016, 04:50 PM
He is better than Parker. Not better than mills.

Robz4000
09-17-2016, 04:53 PM
In a heartbeat.

spurraider21
09-17-2016, 04:55 PM
absolutely. kyle isn't really a need right now, but a capable point guard is

spursistan
09-17-2016, 05:03 PM
eh, easy one..the PG situation is that dire that we are going --knowing Pop-- to overpay for a declining George Hill in 2017 once we get inevitably snubbed by CP3..

Kikoluna
09-17-2016, 05:09 PM
Yes a million times. Corey "dunk on ibaka" Joseph is a phenomenal defender with huge heart. He can defend and run a decent backup pg. Truly sad when he left. Would love a return. Now, (sigh), Kyle "13 minute mile" Anderson is worthless. The guy cannot defend or attack quality teams. And a dunk against Denver or the suns does not count. He is a HUGE weak link and it blows mind how he has a spurs jersey. He has no business in the spurs. The day he gets traded I swear I will throw a party at my house. With a cake that says Kyle got traded!

spurraider21
09-17-2016, 05:09 PM
:lol op wouldn't make the trade

gambit1990
09-17-2016, 05:41 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jrpuj2h

RD2191
09-17-2016, 05:48 PM
:wakeup if only pop would have read my keep cojo trade parker letter

spursistan
09-17-2016, 06:01 PM
the word "break-out" might be a bitt too strong for him, but Kyle might just be the Spurs who is sneakily under most pressure to make the biggest season-to-season leap if he is remain in the teams long term future..

At least Cojo still had a pre-falloff Parker/Ginobili and non-coasting Diaw ahead of him early in his debut..this Spurs bench is in a much bigger need for a scoring and playing-making punch..if Anderson isn't doing some of that both in a cemented 15 MPG-17 MPG role in reg season and playoffs, he probably won't be lasting with the team beyond his rookie contract..he needs to have a 2011-2012 Danny Green-type of season..

spurraider21
09-17-2016, 06:04 PM
:wakeup if only pop would have read my keep cojo trade parker letter
Trading Parker isn't a one way street. Nobody is trading for him at his rate

illusioNtEk
09-17-2016, 06:35 PM
cory joseph along with kl and danny would of been a great starting defense.

Spurtacular
09-17-2016, 06:37 PM
apalisoc_9 vs. dabom

Oh, same faggot, n/m.

ceperez
09-17-2016, 06:41 PM
Joseph's dunk on Ibaka took a lot of heart.

However, I've never been a fan of Joseph. His defense was over-rated, his 3 point shot was inconsistent and he still needed to learn how to run the offense.

I'll take Kyle Anderson based on higher upside.

RD2191
09-17-2016, 06:43 PM
Joseph's dunk on Ibaka took a lot of heart.

However, I've never been a fan of Joseph. His defense was over-rated, his 3 point shot was inconsistent and he still needed to learn how to run the offense.

I'll take Kyle Anderson based on higher upside.

Permaban

apalisoc_9
09-17-2016, 07:16 PM
Only issue with Jospeh is that he really hasnt improven his shot. I watch the raptors a lot and his shot is still so spotty. He's a legit playoff performer though..Saved torontos ass last year.

Kyle on the other hand is a legitgood midrange shooter and his three could see improvement.

If I was GM, i wouldnt do it now considering the possibility of a leap from Anderson. Id wait it out till trade deadline. If he hasnt improven his three ball, id trade him

dabom
09-17-2016, 07:18 PM
Only issue with Jospeh is that he really hasnt improven his shot. I watch the raptors a lot and his shot is still so spotty. He's a legit playoff performer though..Saved torontos ass last year.

Kyle on the other hand is a legitgood midrange shooter and his three could see improvement.

If I was GM, i wouldnt do it now considering the possibility of a leap from Anderson. Id wait it out till trade deadline. If he hasnt improven his three ball, id trade him

Fathead doesn't have a midrange. And when he does try it, it is on a mismatch and then it still sucks. And that goes way down in the playoffs. All his shooting really.

dabom
09-17-2016, 07:19 PM
Permaban

:lol

DeRozan m8
09-17-2016, 07:23 PM
Anyone else start liking Corey after he left?

I couldn't stand him here... Now I don't mind him

dabom
09-17-2016, 07:26 PM

Corey was better than Porker before he got traded.

BD24
09-17-2016, 09:03 PM

Always was a fan of Corey. A shame he had to go, I think you trade Anderson for Cojo in a heartbeat.

Kikoluna
09-17-2016, 10:52 PM
Wtf! Some of you say Kyle is better than Joseph? Wow, unf-ing believable. Kyle is TERRRRIBLEEEEE!!! JOSEPH was solid

Chinook
09-18-2016, 12:22 AM
Love Cory, but Anderson has a chance to be better and is a much bigger need.

SAGirl
09-18-2016, 02:40 AM
I love Cojo THB. Always thought he was underrated and went underutilized by Pop. Wasn't the most talented guy out there but he was tough, he competed every possession. I wish Spurs could get him back and yet he's in a better spot for himself. If they propose to him a trade back to the Spurs to play behind Mills and Tony and Manu again he'll say: "get the F*ck out of here, no"

Anyways pure hypothetical. No. Anderson has been a better player than Cojo at the same age and is a natural playmaker, which Cojo is not. He's going to be a better player than Cojo maybe as soon as next season. So, if you want to trade him, get someone better than Cojo.

Spurtacular
09-18-2016, 03:03 AM
Jimmer's better than both of them, tbh.

ceperez
09-18-2016, 05:56 AM
I love Cojo THB. Always thought he was underrated and went underutilized by Pop. Wasn't the most talented guy out there but he was tough, he competed every possession. I wish Spurs could get him back and yet he's in a better spot for himself. If they propose to him a trade back to the Spurs to play behind Mills and Tony and Manu again he'll say: "get the F*ck out of here, no"

Anyways pure hypothetical. No. Anderson has been a better player than Cojo at the same age and is a natural playmaker, which Cojo is not. He's going to be a better player than Cojo maybe as soon as next season. So, if you want to trade him, get someone better than Cojo.

Agree, Anderson has much higher potential than Cojo. Cojo had athleticism, but it wasn't elite level. Anderson, if he starts playing like Tony Parker, could become unguardable.

jyra
09-18-2016, 06:20 AM
Anderson, if he starts playing like Tony Parker, could become unguardable.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you mean by that?

houston spurs fan
09-18-2016, 08:29 AM
apalisoc_9 vs. dabom

Oh, same faggot, n/m.
:married:

TheGreatYacht
09-18-2016, 08:43 AM
I'd give fathead and Manure up for a retired Derek Fisher. Of course I'd take Oseph back

Diego20
09-18-2016, 09:48 AM
Trade Porker for CJ

SAGirl
09-18-2016, 04:04 PM
Agree, Anderson has much higher potential than Cojo. Cojo had athleticism, but it wasn't elite level. Anderson, if he starts playing like Tony Parker, could become unguardable.

I don't know exactly what you mean since Tony relied a lot in speed and Kyle relies on size, length and being a saavy player.

Really he doesn't remind me of anyone in the current Spurs. He reminded me most of Boris than anyone else bc both are point forwards who are sometimes too unselfish. They are both capable of finding teammates in good spots all the time, but also can get their own shots all the time and maybe they preferred to pass too much and have to be prodded by Pop to increase their aggressiveness. At times they were the best scoring options and still looked to set up others. That is how Kyle reminds me of Boris. However, they each get their things done differently. Kyle plays off the dribble a lot, while the Boris of late was a post up player.

I think Kyle is unique. We are probably witnessing a unique talent who is still not in his prime. He could potentially be very dangerous if he develops that 3 pt shooting bc he can make his shots off the dribble and also pass really well. I don't know if that latter part is what you meant comparing him to Tony. (or if you were just trolling TBH). Either way. :toast

dabom
09-18-2016, 04:29 PM
I don't know exactly what you mean since Tony relied a lot in speed and Kyle relies on size, length and being a saavy player.

Really he doesn't remind me of anyone in the current Spurs. He reminded me most of Boris than anyone else bc both are point forwards who are sometimes too unselfish. They are both capable of finding teammates in good spots all the time, but also can get their own shots all the time and maybe they preferred to pass too much and have to be prodded by Pop to increase their aggressiveness. At times they were the best scoring options and still looked to set up others. That is how Kyle reminds me of Boris. However, they each get their things done differently. Kyle plays off the dribble a lot, while the Boris of late was a post up player.

I think Kyle is unique. We are probably witnessing a unique talent who is still not in his prime. He could potentially be very dangerous if he develops that 3 pt shooting bc he can make his shots off the dribble and also pass really well. I don't know if that latter part is what you meant comparing him to Tony. (or if you were just trolling TBH). Either way. :toast

WTF are you SMOKING? :lmao

Piece of shit garbage. :lmao

SAGirl
09-18-2016, 04:31 PM
daboom you don't need to quote me I don't read a single thing from you.
:troll:baby:troll

ceperez
09-18-2016, 07:24 PM

What I mean by playing like Parker is that Parker keeps probing the defense looking for opportunities and continuing to dribble. He dribbles to a spot, sees the defense and then dribbles again to another spot. It's that dribbling that a lot of ST folks hate so much. With a 6'9" player that doesn't stop dribbling, it can be deadly effective. With Parker however, the constant resets can be problematic.

SAGirl
09-19-2016, 01:45 AM
What I mean by playing like Parker is that Parker keeps probing the defense looking for opportunities and continuing to dribble. He dribbles to a spot, sees the defense and then dribbles again to another spot. It's that dribbling that a lot of ST folks hate so much. With a 6'9" player that doesn't stop dribbling, it can be deadly effective. With Parker however, the constant resets can be problematic.
I see what you mean now. He does probe when he has the ball and is capable of unleashing crossovers to get by guys which really he's so big and has such long steps, he's able to get where he wants. The good thing is that he makes decisions a lot quicker than Tony. Doesn't hold on to the ball that much and is quick to pass if what he was looking for isn't there. Tony holds on to reset too much. We shall see what's in store for next season. I hope he takes a step in the eight direction with his aggressiveness. Spurs need him.

Brazil
09-19-2016, 09:26 AM
I love Cojo THB.

sure... smh

in what kind of universe do you live ?

Cory at 22: 14 mpg / 5 ppg / 1,7 apg / 0,6 tov / 1,6 rpg. shooting .475, efg .498. PER 14,7
Fathead at 22: 16 mpg / 4,5 ppg / 1,6 apg / 0,8 tov / 3,1 rpg. shooting .468, efg .488. PER 12,9

so yeah with 2 minutes less per game Cory at 22 was better in all except rebounds :lol but Anderson has been a better player ? based on what ? your own way to watch games ?

I'd say Anderson has probably a higher ceiling but let's stop the non sense about Anderson has been better at same age or he is going to be a better player (say who ?). He can potentially be a better player

Brazil
09-19-2016, 09:29 AM
:cry Kyle is so unique :cry I love him so much :cry

slurp slurp slurp :married::makeout:princess:cheer

apalisoc_9
09-19-2016, 09:31 AM

I called kyle currently was a role playet off the bench and she said i was trolling and got too emotional

Brazil
09-19-2016, 09:33 AM
She is pushing homerism to a new ST level tbh :lol

Duncan228 was probably less of an homer than her that's saying something

SAGirl
09-19-2016, 12:39 PM

I called kyle currently was a role playet off the bench and she said i was trolling and got too emotional

Bejeeesus in exaggeration dude. Ignoring someone's trolling attempts are not getting emotional. You trolling is just per par here. Ignoring it is just common sense.

SAGirl
09-19-2016, 12:40 PM

I only bring my level of homerism to the level of trolling and haterims around here. It ain't going to change either.

Sean Cagney
09-19-2016, 12:41 PM
He is better than Parker. Not better than mills.

Mills was horrible last year and the year before to be fair, so he is better than Mills as of right now.

SAGirl
09-19-2016, 12:46 PM
sure... smh

in what kind of universe do you live ?

Cory at 22: 14 mpg / 5 ppg / 1,7 apg / 0,6 tov / 1,6 rpg. shooting .475, efg .498. PER 14,7
Fathead at 22: 16 mpg / 4,5 ppg / 1,6 apg / 0,8 tov / 3,1 rpg. shooting .468, efg .488. PER 12,9

so yeah with 2 minutes less per game Cory at 22 was better in all except rebounds :lol but Anderson has been a better player ? based on what ? your own way to watch games ?

I'd say Anderson has probably a higher ceiling but let's stop the non sense about Anderson has been better at same age or he is going to be a better player (say who ?). He can potentially be a better player
It is evident to the one who knows what to look for or it is not. You do admit Anderson has a higher ceiling. I don't want to waste my time with "essays" bc I have talked about this somewhere else and it will be lost on you anyways.

apalisoc_9
09-19-2016, 12:47 PM

She's just delusional bro. I've been one of the very few kyle supporters on this forum but the moment i said he was a role player she started trowing tantrums and accusing that specific post ad trolling :lol

I mean the girl barely knows what opportunities arise from decent rollman. I believe she's a new avid fan so shes only learning the game of badketball :lol

Sean Cagney
09-19-2016, 12:49 PM
Love Cory, but Anderson has a chance to be better and is a much bigger need.

??? We need PG's in the worst way man. Parker is slowing down a lot and played all summer and we have no real legit back up PG. Much bigger need?

SAGirl
09-19-2016, 12:50 PM
She's just delusional bro. I've been one of the very few kyle supporters on this forum but the moment i said he was a role player she started trowing tantrums and accusing that specific post ad trolling :lol

I mean the girl barely knows what opportunities arise from decent rollman. I believe she's a new avid fan so shes only learning the game of badketball :lol

:troll
:lmao
and will stop here bc you have no end. There is no end to the depths of your trolling.

SAGirl
09-19-2016, 12:52 PM
??? We need PG's in the worst way man. Parker is slowing down a lot and played all summer and we have no real legit back up PG. Much bigger need?

Cory would not start over Tony. He'd be back in the rotation behind everyone else, maybe wasted. Pop would still play Mills and Manu. Meanwhile you lost a guy that played 3 positions last year, filling in holes and averaged 20 minutes for the team in the second part of the season and are left to replace him with rookies. Maybe that is what Chinook meant?

Sean Cagney
09-19-2016, 01:27 PM
Cory would not start over Tony. He'd be back in the rotation behind everyone else, maybe wasted. Pop would still play Mills and Manu. Meanwhile you lost a guy that played 3 positions last year, filling in holes and averaged 20 minutes for the team in the second part of the season and are left to replace him with rookies. Maybe that is what Chinook meant?
That is true but we need a back up who can run the O when he is out. Patty is a 2 in a 1's body. We need a successor as well, maybe Murray will fit that? I hope he is the answer and they groom him. I totally forgot about him when I wrote that but a vet to run the back up 1 would not be a bad idea while this takes place. Manu is a year older and slower so I love the guy but how much does he realistically have left? Mills as I said a 2 in a 1 body, plus he needs to find his talent again which is his shot! I hope it all plays out but there is ? at the PG too on this team.

BTW good point you brought up there, you are right on losing the guy who could do 3 positions. Kyle might be that guy or might not, this season will tell a lot on that end. I also hope Simmons can break out some, I know he is not a PG or SF but from the wing if he can add some scoring backing up DG that would be a huge bonus. My guys to look for this year are Anderson, Simmons and to a lesser extent the Sniper Bertans who they sorely need.

bklynspursfan
09-19-2016, 01:33 PM
Anderson probably has more upside due to his diversity/size. CoJo was stuck behind TP & Patty. But we saw once he got more opportunity he took advantage and had some big games in the Playoffs for Toronto. Very good defender, controls the game well, and improved his jump shot. Also drives the ball well.

They both played similar minutes, but it seemed CoJo had more of an impact (KA 16MPG vs CJ 18MPG his last season) while he was out there. He had the advantage of being here 4 years, so he had more time to learn however. ***BTW, hopefully this is another case where you can see Pop knows what he is doing in terms of developing young guys, in case there's a reminder needed...***

This being Anderson's 3rd year, and assuming his minutes stay the same possibly go up by 2-4 mins per game, we'll see the impact he'll have . The opportunity is certainly there. They're 2 different types of players/positions, but we'll see what Anderson can do. With Diaw gone as the guy who (when he wanted) could score pretty much against most defenders, and involve others, and with Lee being older/new to the system, Anderson has a chance here to really make a big impact in terms of play making and controlling the flow of the game.

Probably better to revisit after Anderson's 3rd year if we want to really compare them... CoJo definetely improved big time on his way out, skill-wise and from a confidence standpoint. Hopefully Anderson does too

Chinook
09-19-2016, 01:49 PM

Nah. The Spurs don't need PGs. They need folks who can score one-on-one and initiate the offense. Cory, for the hype he's getting, is more of an energy/caretaker type. Look at his Toronto stats: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/josepco01.html They are worse than they were his last two years in SA.

Don't get me wrong, I think Cory's a better, more actualized player now than he was with the Spurs. But his 12pp36 on 51.2 TS% isn't exactly the missing link here.

The Spurs would be GS by being bigger than them, not by having a slightly better guard than Parker.

SAGirl
09-19-2016, 04:05 PM
That is true but we need a back up who can run the O when he is out. Patty is a 2 in a 1's body. We need a successor as well, maybe Murray will fit that? I hope he is the answer and they groom him. I totally forgot about him when I wrote that but a vet to run the back up 1 would not be a bad idea while this takes place. Manu is a year older and slower so I love the guy but how much does he realistically have left? Mills as I said a 2 in a 1 body, plus he needs to find his talent again which is his shot! I hope it all plays out but there is ? at the PG too on this team.

BTW good point you brought up there, you are right on losing the guy who could do 3 positions. Kyle might be that guy or might not, this season will tell a lot on that end. I also hope Simmons can break out some, I know he is not a PG or SF but from the wing if he can add some scoring backing up DG that would be a huge bonus. My guys to look for this year are Anderson, Simmons and to a lesser extent the Sniper Bertans who they sorely need.

I have good wishes and hope for everyone in the team, Jsimms, Murray and Bertans included. I look forward to watching all the Spurs youngest players develop and help the team.

Going back to CoJo: the trade doesn't make sense. It creates a hole somewhere to go back to a previous status quo that didn't change the situation.

CoJo's last season with the Spurs he played more minutes only bc Tony had the worst season of his career and was out with a bad hamstring for a month and it seemed like he always tried to come back b4 the problem was really healed. Mills had a shoulder surgery and missed half a season then coming back out of rhythm and shooting 34% for the season.

That is what it took for Pop to play CoJo, basically a total implosion of both other PGs ahead of him at the same time. He still was benched when the other two were back to even 75% of their former selves. That was just a season before this last one he was with the Raptors. He hasn't changed much as a player except for the confidence that comes with having minutes and roles and confidence from his coach. Raptors paid him, so he was going to get a fair shake in Toronto and I am truly glad for him. I think he's in a better situation for himself. I don't think his situation last season would have been any different in the Spurs than it was in 2015, had he stayed. That is maybe a tragedy for some, but it's the truth for Pop and CoJo.

He didn't even get minutes against the Clippers in 2015 in a series in which Tony either wasn't clearly right or something worse (like you know, his game having reached the point of no return). I don't think CoJo fits so long as Tony/Danny, Mills/Manu are the main guards. To make it worth it for both CoJo and the Spurs you have to let one of those go and go with CoJo. (Obviously not a thread Apalisoc would start bc you know, that would make more sense than proposing this trade for Anderson). Ppl can debate as to who they would let go off to get CoJo but it is what it is. That is why I said if CoJo heard of the trade he'd say: "get the F out of here..."

Brazil
09-19-2016, 04:32 PM
It is evident to the one who knows what to look for or it is not. You do admit Anderson has a higher ceiling. I don't want to waste my time with "essays" bc I have talked about this somewhere else and it will be lost on you anyways.

:lol Yes I admitted he has more upside I've never said otherwise. So why don't you admit you had no idea what you were talking about when you said Anderson was better at same age than Cory ? It is simply not true, there is no what to look for when all stats converge in the same direction.

also if your business here is no trolling you would be more listened if you could admit when you are wrong about Kyle Anderson

Brazil
09-19-2016, 04:35 PM

:lol it is true you are one of the few, I've already scratched my head reading stuff you posted about him

SAGirl
09-19-2016, 04:49 PM
:lol Yes I admitted he has more upside I've never said otherwise. So why don't you admit you had no idea what you were talking about when you said Anderson was better at same age than Cory ? It is simply not true, there is no what to look for when all stats converge in the same direction.

also if your business here is no trolling you would be more listened if you could admit when you are wrong about Kyle Anderson
I could, but I detected the point of the whole thing was trolling which makes it a waste of my time. I can just regurgitate old stuff too I have posted elsewhere, Gambit style, but it gets old fast and that is not my style. Take it as you will.

Brazil
09-19-2016, 05:09 PM
I could, but I detected the point of the whole thing was trolling which makes it a waste of my time. I can just regurgitate old stuff too I have posted elsewhere, Gambit style, but it gets old fast and that is not my style. Take it as you will.

:lol so anything that is not in favor of KA is trolling ?

In what world saying no KA had not a better year at 22 than Cory is trolling especially since it is true ? :lol

SAGirl
09-19-2016, 05:50 PM
:lol so anything that is not in favor of KA is trolling ?

In what world saying no KA had not a better year at 22 than Cory is trolling especially since it is true ? :lol

All this is tiring tbh I doesn't think a worthy pursuit of time bc the whole point is trolling. I could start by pointing out that Kyle had a flat out better career in HS, college, dleague and summer league. Last season was just the first one Kyle really got a chance to be in the rotation. HIs first season, the Spurs were looking to repaeat with a full roster that returned 14 guys and all spots were filled and so he was sent to the dleague. He did very well there, was player of the month in Feb, got them to the playoffs. He followed that up by winning MVP of summer league, the summer league team he led won the summer championship with him as leader. Started the season in a very minor role alternating with Simms, Butler, and won the spot fair and square. Martin was brought over to reinforce the team's streaky 3 pt. shooting I imagine but he was the worst player in the team and didn't unseat him. CoJo did very well for the Spurs but started his career earlier and looked extremely marginal as a player even his third season. I don't care to shit on CoJo so I will leave it at that.

Overall I think this trolling is tiring. There are many points to look at that show he's been a better prospect up to this particular point in their careers and you admit Kyle's the best prospect. so what do I care? I really have no interest in this. As I said, I like Cojo and your point is usually trolling.

Already have elaborated more than I care to.

dabom
09-19-2016, 05:54 PM
All this is tiring tbh I doesn't think a worthy pursuit of time bc the whole point is trolling. I could start by pointing out that Kyle had a flat out better career in HS, college, dleague and summer league. Last season was just the first one Kyle really got a chance to be in the rotation. HIs first season, the Spurs were looking to repaeat with a full roster that returned 14 guys and all spots were filled and so he was sent to the dleague. He did very well there, was player of the month in Feb, got them to the playoffs. He followed that up by winning MVP of summer league, the summer league team he led won the summer championship with him as leader. Started the season in a very minor role alternating with Simms, Butler, and won the spot fair and square. Martin was brought over to reinforce the team's streaky 3 pt. shooting I imagine but he was the worst player in the team and didn't unseat him. CoJo did very well for the Spurs but started his career earlier and looked extremely marginal as a player even his third season. I don't care to shit on CoJo so I will leave it at that.

Overall I think this trolling is tiring. There are many points to look at that show he's been a better prospect up to this particular point in their careers and you admit Kyle's the best prospect. so what do I care? I really have no interest in this. As I said, I like Cojo and your point is usually trolling.

Already have elaborated more than I care to.

Biggest Piece OF shit his first year he didn't even get ONE minute in the playoffs.

Biggest Piece of Shit in his first playoffs. Shooting a HOT 30% from the field. :lmao

Tell me more about his HS and Summer league days though. :lmao

SAGirl
09-19-2016, 05:56 PM
again daboom :: ignore.

dabom
09-19-2016, 06:05 PM
Let me tell you since you kinda new to the whole basketball/sports thing.

The Spurs don't give a shit how you do in the RS aslong as you have a decent/great track record in the playoffs.

If you have that, you can stink it up in the RS and the FO will still give you minutes.

No one really gives a shit about RS. Like no one. 2015 was just a crazy year with all those injuries and is an exception.

No one on this board gives a shit about the RS too. We know Pop shaves some wins off the teams record just to bring them back down to earth(to teach a lesson and such during the RS).

Having a great RS is fools gold for the Spurs.

We LIVE for the PLAYOFFS. You don't know better. Maybe a couple more years and you'd still be an infant.

All is forgiven if you go GODMODE in the playoffs and have a shitty RS.

Tip so you stop looking like a dumbass. Stop bringing up RS stats. No one gives a shit.

Playoffs is where it's at.

Sean Cagney
09-19-2016, 10:50 PM
I have good wishes and hope for everyone in the team, Jsimms, Murray and Bertans included. I look forward to watching all the Spurs youngest players develop and help the team.

Going back to CoJo: the trade doesn't make sense. It creates a hole somewhere to go back to a previous status quo that didn't change the situation.

CoJo's last season with the Spurs he played more minutes only bc Tony had the worst season of his career and was out with a bad hamstring for a month and it seemed like he always tried to come back b4 the problem was really healed. Mills had a shoulder surgery and missed half a season then coming back out of rhythm and shooting 34% for the season.

That is what it took for Pop to play CoJo, basically a total implosion of both other PGs ahead of him at the same time. He still was benched when the other two were back to even 75% of their former selves. That was just a season before this last one he was with the Raptors. He hasn't changed much as a player except for the confidence that comes with having minutes and roles and confidence from his coach. Raptors paid him, so he was going to get a fair shake in Toronto and I am truly glad for him. I think he's in a better situation for himself. I don't think his situation last season would have been any different in the Spurs than it was in 2015, had he stayed. That is maybe a tragedy for some, but it's the truth for Pop and CoJo.

He didn't even get minutes against the Clippers in 2015 in a series in which Tony either wasn't clearly right or something worse (like you know, his game having reached the point of no return). I don't think CoJo fits so long as Tony/Danny, Mills/Manu are the main guards. To make it worth it for both CoJo and the Spurs you have to let one of those go and go with CoJo. (Obviously not a thread Apalisoc would start bc you know, that would make more sense than proposing this trade for Anderson). Ppl can debate as to who they would let go off to get CoJo but it is what it is. That is why I said if CoJo heard of the trade he'd say: "get the F out of here..."
True, can't argue with any of that.
Nah. The Spurs don't need PGs. They need folks who can score one-on-one and initiate the offense. Cory, for the hype he's getting, is more of an energy/caretaker type. Look at his Toronto stats: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/josepco01.html They are worse than they were his last two years in SA.

Don't get me wrong, I think Cory's a better, more actualized player now than he was with the Spurs. But his 12pp36 on 51.2 TS% isn't exactly the missing link here.

The Spurs would be GS by being bigger than them, not by having a slightly better guard than Parker.I agree 100% on this.

I will take Lowry though :)

Ice009
09-19-2016, 11:17 PM
I was very interested in getting Lowry after his first year at the Raptors. Not too many people here were though. I'm pretty sure almost everyone would take him now. Should have acted earlier and offered them TP.

SnakeBoy
09-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Cory is always going to be mid level talent. Meanwhile KA has the potential to be the Spurs next franchise player and future HOF'er. With Tim gone it is crucial that the Spurs to take a chance on his development because they have to find someone who can put the team on their back in crunch time...so no way you make that trade.

dabom
09-20-2016, 06:11 PM
Cory is always going to be mid level talent. Meanwhile KA has the potential to be the Spurs next franchise player and future HOF'er. With Tim gone it is crucial that the Spurs to take a chance on his development because they have to find someone who can put the team on their back in crunch time...so no way you make that trade.
Back to shit posting? Just like your bro huh? :lmao

gambit1990
09-20-2016, 06:27 PM
wow...