PDA

View Full Version : Trump University

DMX7
09-19-2016, 02:41 PM
Seems like it's going to trial. Will Trump settle to make it all go away?

Blake
09-19-2016, 02:49 PM
He should have settled two years ago. Now it's a bit late, imo.

DMX7
09-19-2016, 02:54 PM
Hillary should challenge him to produce one success story -- an example of someone who actually got rich as a result of using the techniques they learned from Trump U.

Blake
09-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Hillary should challenge him to produce one success story -- an example of someone who actually got rich as a result of using the techniques they learned from Trump U.

Actually that's part of Trump's defense; That they do have successful testimonials

DMX7
09-19-2016, 03:03 PM
Actually that's part of Trump's defense; That they do have successful testimonials

How is he defining successful? I read some which basically said they made their money back and that was about it.

ducks
09-19-2016, 03:11 PM
How is he defining successful? I read some which basically said they made their money back and that was about it.

how much hard work did they put in
not every business is successful if it is not should they sue where they got their education?
I am sure some that took the class was not successful
lots of flippers are not successful either

DMX7
09-19-2016, 05:52 PM
not every business is successful if it is not should they sue where they got their education?

Well... you should certainly sue wherever you got your education. Can you please put together a sentence correctly?

Blake
09-19-2016, 11:41 PM

I guess a jury will determine that later

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-university-success-stories-223785

Reck
09-20-2016, 12:27 AM
Is not so much about if they actually were able to be sucessful. Trump's problems are that he instructed his teachers to fuck the students over by asking 35k out of them even if they couldn't afford it.

Told them to take it out of their mortgages and some shit.

ducks
09-20-2016, 12:37 AM
Banks were told to loan people money for more house then they could afford creating housing crisis by Bill Clinton

Reck
09-20-2016, 12:42 AM
Banks were told to loan people money for more house then they could afford creating housing crisis by Bill Clinton

Is there anything you won't say Trump did wrong?

This is a clear case of fraud. And he will get nailed for it one way or another. This case is moving forward.

boutons_deux
09-20-2016, 07:42 AM

ah, Yoni's "CRA caused the housing crisis". you stupid fuck.

hater
09-20-2016, 07:44 AM

Trump would counterchallenge shillary to produce proof of an example of someone not getting richer after meeting with Shillary State Department and donating to Clintler Foundation :lmao

RandomGuy
09-20-2016, 09:27 AM

wow.

That is what Trump has reduced you to, defending and deflecting about outright fraud.

Not the subtle shit, either, an outright con job.

RandomGuy
09-23-2016, 11:50 AM
If anyone still has any doubt about the troubling nature of Donald Trump’s record, he or she should be obliged to read the affidavit of Ronald Schnackenberg, a former salesman for Trump University. Schnackenberg’s testimony was one of the documents unsealed by a judge in the class-action suit, which was brought in California by some of Trump University’s disgruntled former attendees.

Schnackenberg, who worked in Trump’s office at 40 Wall Street, testified that “while Trump University claimed it wanted to help consumers make money in real estate, in fact Trump University was only interested in selling every person the most expensive seminars they possibly could.” The affidavit concludes, “Based upon my personal experience and employment, I believe that Trump University was a fraudulent scheme, and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money.”

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/trump-university-its-worse-than-you-think

RandomGuy
09-23-2016, 11:51 AM
Donald Trump paid the IRS a $2,500 penalty this year, an official at Trump's company said, after it was revealed that Trump's charitable foundation had violated tax laws by giving a political contribution to a campaign group connected to Florida's attorney general.

The improper donation, a $25,000 gift from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, was made in 2013. At the time, Attorney General Pam Bondi was considering whether to investigate fraud allegations against Trump University. She decided not to pursue the case.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/01/trump-pays-irs-a-penalty-for-his-foundation-violating-rules-with-gift-to-florida-attorney-general/